PDA

View Full Version : Issues following release of iOS version 1.7.8

lorettasapron
02-09-16, 12:52 PM
Given that there seem to be multiple threads and posts popping up in the aftermath of the most recent iOS app update I thought it a good idea to create a centralised thread. Remember everyone that you are best to post your device details when providing your own experiences!

I mainly play on an iPad Mini 2 with iOS 9.2 (not 9.2.1 which is the most recent)

My personal issues are twofold:

Prior to downloading the app update loading the game would result in a level 1 starter game appearing. The account login function would not allow me to log into my main account - the Storm8 ID and password were recognised, but the level 1 starter game was just reloaded instead. Intriguingly the same does not apply with my secondary account, which could be logged into without any problems.

After downloading the app update the same situation persists upon opening the game (level 1 starter game appears) but now the account login function is gone altogether! Is it being replaced by the Facebook / Game Center storage features mentioned in the app update description?

What makes this all the more confusing is that there are absolutely no problems accessing my main account on my iPhone 6s (also iOS 9.2).

I realise that emailing support is the standard thing to do when you have problems, but from what I've seen it appears that many players may be having similar issues with the latest app update, so perhaps it is easier for the game's developers to deal with the issues through a thread like this, much like with the infamous version 1.7.6?

Anyway, feel free to add your own experiences and hopefully something can be done sooner rather than later...

deekathleen
02-09-16, 05:07 PM
So, are they doing away with the login feature for all devices in all games? So if you have more than one account do you just lose the other ones?

melati72
02-09-16, 05:55 PM
Pls help, my RS account in my ipad mini restart to lvl.1 again after updating RS to version 1.7.8. Is there a way to get my account back. I'm lvl 99 already for more than 3 years. And tomorrow is goal day. Pls resolved this problem speedily.

shinypenny3011
02-09-16, 06:20 PM
I'm having the same problem. We have multiple users me and my daughters. Now we can no longer access the games. Sad development��

donrus
02-09-16, 06:54 PM
I have two Restaurant Story accounts and run iOS 9.2.1 on my iPod. I was logged in to my secondary account when I updated to 1.7.8.

When I went to login to my primary account, I found that Account Settings was gone. There was no way for me to login to my primary account. Have never used Game Center on my iPod. Today I signed in with my Apple ID and password and now I think that the secondary account is now permanently linked to my Apple ID.

All I want is my primary Restaurant Story game back. How do I do this?

Bring back the Storm8 Account Settings and Login!

nmishii
02-09-16, 09:33 PM
You should be able to install Bakery Story and log into another account. The feature is still there.
EDIT 2/10/16 : No, this won't work. It'll transfer all games but RS.

For the mods or Storm8 staff:

Will the login feature be put back into RS?

Will the ability to earn free gems or speed up cooking time by watching videos be restored?

PepperWoo
02-09-16, 09:48 PM
I posted the following here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!&p=1248401&viewfull=1#post1248401) but just in case it gets looked over and this section is more monitored, I'm posting it again because we all need answers.

Restaurant Story 1.7.8 will not have access to the login feature any longer as we're working to roll out a new feature. If you have a secondary account that you're unable to access with the new update, please email support@storm8.com for assistance.

Hi mods, could you please elaborate on this statement made at the Restaurant Story bugs thread? By connecting our games to Game Center/Facebook via version 1.7.8, does it mean we're back to how the game used to be before the login feature was released and we won't be able open or use our secondary accounts using the same device anymore? Or can we still use BS or DS to login to other accounts since those apps didn't have an update?

What will happen to our secondary accounts? Can we still use them at all and how? If our main account is now tied-in with our AppleIDs/Game Center/Facebook, do we need a separate AppleID/Facebook for our secondary accounts just so we can use them to login and out?

For those of use who haven't updated to the newest version, are we going to be affected of this change? Will we be able to continue using the login feature as long as we don't update?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could address all these concerns, given this change was done without prior notice or and we weren't given any information on how to navigate it. Thanks.

melati72
02-09-16, 10:23 PM
Pls help, my RS account in my ipad mini restart to lvl.1 again after updating RS to version 1.7.8. Is there a way to get my account back. I'm lvl 99 already for more than 3 years. And tomorrow is goal day. Pls resolved this problem speedily.

Phew.... At last I've got my lvl 99 account back in my ipad mini by connecting to Facebook (go to setting- login to FB). And received 20 gems for the connection. Now i have to login and logout from FB if i want to play using different device.

DragonWished
02-09-16, 11:16 PM
Having a slightly different problem. Played my level 99 RS on iPad earlier today and now it has completely vanished from both of my Android devices! Not amused.

I'm not on Facebook and don't want to be. I just want my game back. Goals start tomorrow.... this is not a good time for switching things up.

Will send the email to support but am not looking forward to the excruciatingly long wait and lack of any real assistance.

ETA... sent the email to support and received the standard boilerplate reply which includes a requirement for stating the number of neighbors and the amount of gold in the account. Really?! Who keeps track of that. I have no idea and wouldn't hazard a guess.

After continuous play for more than two years and who knows how much real money spent on gems, is restoration truly going to be dependent on these values. Obviously if I had a sniff that my game was going to vanish, but this unpleasant surprise wasn't anything expected.

nmishii
02-10-16, 12:54 AM
Just checked my Android phone, and yes, I too do not have RS on it. I went to the Invite Friends tab and tried to log into my account. I doesn't work. On the list of games to transfer RS does not show up. I am not happy. Like DragonWished posted, goals start tomorrow and I play on my phone when Wifi is not available.

Why do you guys always do such a poor job trying to make enhancements to games? Please try to test your changes, especially when it can affect multiple platforms. And stop breaking things that aren't broken.

Even though this is an Android problem, which often gets ignored, can you please fix this.

sunnyDreams
02-10-16, 12:33 PM
I have five Apple devices all connected to the same game Center account and the same iCloud account. Which worked very well before this update.
Now, I open my restaurant on the phone I had my iPad restaurant show up with no way to change it. The login is gone! I'm afraid to check on my newer restaurants. I got it back by logging out of the game Center on my phone and getting to my restaurant through the bakery. I want my login back so I don't lose this restaurant that I have been playing for almost 5 years.

phatzs
02-10-16, 01:13 PM
I am having the same problem, plus it won't let use multiple devices like before at the same time. Like if I am using my phone, I have to force close the app before I could use the app on my iPad. I didn't need to do that before. And what happen to login in feature and the watch videos for gems features?

sunnyDreams
02-10-16, 01:15 PM
My game is gone again. This is affecting android and apple. During Goals is the worst time to lock your customers out of their games.

PLEASE, I BEG YOU TL, PUT THE LOGIN BACK SO WE ALL CAN GET TO OUR RESTAURANTS!

lorettasapron
02-10-16, 02:09 PM
And when things couldn't get any worse... they do.

As I mentioned in the OP, I can still access the game on my iPhone. But after doing a download goal for Jewel Mania Valentine's edition, I'm now getting an endless loop of windows claiming I've completed that goal. Even after completing the second step (in this case 'buy a chair') the game just refreshes and the goal is restored.

To begin with this goal pop-up would appear every 15 seconds or so, enough time to frantically do something in-between (such as complete the second step of the download goal). At the time of writing it's now happening every 2 seconds. Literally, every 2 seconds. The game is now unplayable.

I've tried the force close business as well as uninstalling Jewel Mania and re-opening it in hope it sparks a finality to this loop of hell. The only thing I've not done is reinstall Restaurant Story because I'm absolutely convinced that if I do I'm going to lose my game for good. That's the kind of confidence your horridly glitched and bugged updates instil in me Storm8.

One very unhappy long time and loyal player here.

meme1098
02-10-16, 02:11 PM
What has happened to the login feature????

No response after 2 hours!!! Is this gonna be like the gifting back option....just ignore it???

lorettasapron
02-10-16, 02:18 PM
What has happened to the login feature????

No response after 2 hours!!! Is this gonna be like the gifting back option....just ignore it???

According to a CM the account login feature is being phased out in the newest game version on iOS in favour of something else.

Phrase of the day: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

meme1098
02-10-16, 02:29 PM
Ok, so, I've been hanging on since the gifting back debacle (and many other bugs that haven't been fixed since 6/26/2015) but this may just be the impetus to quit this game. S8 just doesn't care about fixing any issues the way it looks like to me. :mad:

adorablerican
02-10-16, 02:55 PM
I hope they don't update the bakery story app like how they did with resturant story. I'm getting a new phone eventually, i would like to have the logon feature especially if i don't have wifi, and when i'm out i could use the data instead.

meme1098
02-10-16, 03:59 PM
Ok, so, I've been hanging on since the gifting back debacle (and many other bugs that haven't been fixed since 6/26/2015) but this may just be the impetus to quit this game. S8 just doesn't care about fixing any issues the way it looks like to me. :mad:

So, I reinstalled the previous version and am using it for now. If it becomes unusable in the weeks or months to come, then I'm done with this game.
The only version in the App Store is the new so syncing with ITunes where I still had the older version & installing it from there was workable for now.
Turned off automatic app updates to avoid it updating.

tify74
02-10-16, 04:37 PM
It would be nice if someone would answer the questions asked in this tread, the vag answer about some new mysterious feature really doesnt answer anything.

DragonWished
02-10-16, 05:23 PM
What's most appalling about this debacle is that a day has passed and not a word from S8, either here or in response to the email to Support.

The issues involved can't be limited to just few posters.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling on Android to no avail. I don't know how to manipulate the apps on the iPad. It would be very nice to roll back to an earlier version and disable the auto updates.

kooky panda
02-10-16, 07:48 PM
Guys there is already a thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88933-Can-t-sign-into-my-other-account) on this issue and it has been addressed by a community manager.

Restaurant Story 1.7.8 will not have access to the login feature any longer as we're working to roll out a new feature. If you have a secondary account that you're unable to access with the new update, please email support@storm8.com for assistance.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88933-Can-t-sign-into-my-other-account

Recovery of your games cannot be done via the forum, so please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

There is currently no available information about the new feature to share at this time.