PDA

View Full Version : Kindle

SodieLynn
02-04-16, 08:26 PM
Is Bakery Story no longer available for Kindle?

deekathleen
02-04-16, 09:37 PM
I see it in the app store and I play it on my kindle. I have an older kindle though.

SodieLynn
02-05-16, 06:05 AM
I have been playing on my Kindle, but I had an update yesterday and now it's impossible to play. I can't see it in my app store anymore, so I was just trying to figure out what was going on.

Thank you for responding. 😀

kooky panda
02-05-16, 09:39 AM
I will check on this.

deekathleen
02-05-16, 09:57 AM
An automatic update from Amazon? Hmm wonder if I should turn off auto updates?

kooky panda
02-05-16, 02:18 PM
If you are unable to locate the game, most likely your device does not support the game.
If you are on an android device have you checked google market for the game?

214sed
02-05-16, 02:32 PM
I found the game but no access in downloading it. Can we bring this game on Kindle Fire HD please?

kooky panda
02-05-16, 02:51 PM
I found the game but no access in downloading it. Can we bring this game on Kindle Fire HD please?
I am sorry but the games are not compatible with Kindle Fire HD devices. :(

deekathleen
02-05-16, 03:24 PM
Is Bakery Story no longer available for Kindle?

Probably if you want an answer quickly I would contact amazon and ask them. They even have a phone number and they have excellent customer service.

deekathleen
02-05-16, 03:25 PM
I am sorry but the games are not compatible with Kindle Fire HD devices. :(

Is that just the newer kindles or is it not supported on any kindle fires now?

kooky panda
02-05-16, 03:32 PM
Is that just the newer kindles or is it not supported on any kindle fires now?
I saw the game in the amazon market so I think it is still compatible with the original Kindle Fire.

kooky panda
02-05-16, 03:33 PM
I did check with a CM, and there was not a recent update from Amazon.

SodieLynn
02-05-16, 04:21 PM
That's a bummer considering that I was playing the game on a Kindle Fire and it was working fine until the update. It's extremely difficult to play on my phone.

deekathleen
02-05-16, 05:10 PM
I saw the game in the amazon market so I think it is still compatible with the original Kindle Fire.

Okay thanks :)

deekathleen
02-05-16, 05:12 PM
That's a bummer considering that I was playing the game on a Kindle Fire and it was working fine until the update. It's extremely difficult to play on my phone.

I'd still call amazon and ask them about it and tell them you want to be able to play it. You just go to the Amazon page and hit a button and they will call you within five minutes or so.

saghaven
02-05-16, 06:51 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. Was playing BS, RS, and FS on my Kindle Fire today. I leave work, get home, saw my Fire did an auto update and now none of the games work. You get a message stating the app hasn't been updated to the latest compatibility and that the developer needs to provide an updated app, which it sounds like TL has no intention of doing. So, looks like I'm unable to play any TL games on my Kindle anymore. I'm really upset about that.

deekathleen
02-05-16, 07:57 PM
If you are unable to locate the game, most likely your device does not support the game.
If you are on an android device have you checked google market for the game?

Just an fyi, you cannot access the Google play store on a kindle.

SodieLynn
02-06-16, 04:00 PM
I have contacted Amazon and they said this was a Storm8 issue.

Saghaven I'm pretty upset as well. I have arthritis and it's difficult to play this game on my phone.

deekathleen
02-06-16, 04:40 PM
Are these newer kindles,just kindle hdx or all kindles regardless of age that this is happening with?

SodieLynn
02-06-16, 05:02 PM
I'm not sure. I have a newer Kindle.

kooky panda
02-08-16, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure. I have a newer Kindle.

Looks like your newer kindle is not compatible with the game. Sorry!

saghaven
02-08-16, 04:00 PM
I have a Kindle Fire HD7. The games were working just fine until this update. In fact, I just bought this Kindle as an upgrade this past summer and went through a whole process of getting all the games transferred from my old Kindle to the new one. And now I see that was pretty much pointless. I've played these games for years and now lots of time (and some money) pretty much wasted. I can still play DS on a different account on my iPad but the rest of the games were played on my Kindle. I am not downloading any other TL games on my iPad.

deekathleen
02-08-16, 04:53 PM
Do they plan on making it compatible? I think it's kind of cold, if people have been playing this game and invested money, to just suddenly not be compatible with their device any longer.

I notice this with a lot of the games and with a lot of non ios devices. One day the game is compatible, next update of the game it is suddenly no longer compatible.

SodieLynn
02-09-16, 12:26 PM
I think it is ridiculous that these things change without a thought to the users. I guess I've learned a lesson. I will never spend money on a game ever again.

deekathleen
02-09-16, 12:41 PM
I think it is ridiculous that these things change without a thought to the users. I guess I've learned a lesson. I will never spend money on a game ever again.

I'd write or call amazon and ask for a refund.

kooky panda
02-19-16, 12:38 PM

I did get some updated information. I would suggest turning off automatic updates.

Thanks for reporting this! I did check and was told that storm 8 recommends against updating the OS of your Kindle for now.

They have seen reports that updating can cause issues with accessing the games.

deekathleen
02-19-16, 02:27 PM
I did get some updated information. I would suggest turning off automatic updates.

Well I can't not update it or I wont be able to use my kindle services anymore(e reader, amazon prime, etc..) and I do use my kindle for other things besides storm 8 games. So are you telling me when it updates I won't be able to access the game anymore?

They are saying it has to be updated.

queenjuicypie
02-22-16, 01:49 PM
I recently went through having my BS, DS, and RS games transferred to my Kindle Fire HD 6 from my first generation Kindle Fire (after my other 2nd generation Kindle Fire HD was stolen). I also went through the recent Amazon update and afterwards my games did not work. My Kindle now pops a message saying that this is a compatibility problem on Storm 8's end and they have notified them to update their apps for the new Kindle situation.

I waited a few days for the situation to fix itself but I have just sent Storm 8 a request for information on this problem. I want to know if they are working on it or if I should expect these games not to be available for me to play anymore.

KLynne423
02-24-16, 08:29 AM
My kindle just did a update as well I keep getting a black screen. Amazon is telling me it's no longer compatible. This something that is going to get fixed or not.

SodieLynn
02-25-16, 04:13 PM
I'd really like Storm8 to update their apps, because I do enjoy playing them. However, if I don't update my Kindle, I can't use it at all. Is Storm8 going to update or not?

deekathleen
02-25-16, 05:06 PM
Yes can we please have some clarification if storm 8 is working on this or not, telling us not to update is not a useable solution.

lothys
03-01-16, 04:21 AM
My kindle upgraded itself and now bakery and restaurant story won't work. Is there a plan to update them to work with the updated kindle?

SodieLynn
03-08-16, 10:17 AM
Their silence speaks volumes.

foveri7176
03-10-16, 06:41 PM
I'd write or call amazon and ask for a refund.

There is no way not to do the auto update of the kindle fire HD.
I have been on the phone with amazon many days .
I even restored my kindle to factory settings. Re installing my bs/rs from my cloud only to get bs/rs at level 1 and same incompatabilty error.
The issues is the message box keeps popping up with error message. Even if you launch it anyway. still stays there and then black screens.
I don't understand storm8's inabilty to correct this issue.
Do they know how many bs/rs/fs/ ds etc games the kindle users play.
There silence is terrible.

foveri7176
03-10-16, 06:43 PM
They are not doing anything about this issue.
It is out of amazon's hands.
The need to make a few minor corrections to there game.
They just want of $ ha ha
There is no solution as of yesterday even with a factory reset of the kindle. Still loads with the update and can not be bypassed.

SodieLynn
03-15-16, 12:42 PM
I'm pretty annoyed that I bought gems to buy things. It feels like they don't care at all about keeping customers happy.

SodieLynn
03-20-16, 02:45 PM
Amazon has also told me that this is solely down to Storm8.

Storm8 are you going to fix this issue?

kooky panda
03-28-16, 12:04 PM
I did check on this. They are still working on this but there is currently no new information to share right now. Sorry!

ElaineCarrel
03-28-16, 06:02 PM
Someone said that if and when u did that latest kindle update ur games would no longer work.

deekathleen
04-25-16, 08:09 AM
Someone said that if and when u did that latest kindle update ur games would no longer work.

It depends on which generation of kindle you have. I think the newest kindle fires will not work with storm 8 games. Kindle says it is a problem on s8 side.

I have a second generation kindle that did the update (you had to do the update or your kindle would not work anymore). I am still able to play the games on here. I have no idea why older updated kindles can still access the games but not the newer ones.

1stLadyDJ
08-27-16, 08:46 PM
I haven't played on my Kindle for awhile since I have a phablet size phone. I know there is no way of getting to your other accounts on there if you have them. I have the reverse problem on other games, they only work on the Kindle! I'm going to try my old Kindle, I know there are work around to this issue!

LightAndLove83
04-03-17, 12:04 PM
Well this sucks. So we spend tons of money on Storm8 and in return, we lose access to our game if we've decided to upgrade our kindle? This needs to change....and quick, because it feels like steeling. I'm NOT saying that's what they're doing, only that this is how it feels. Please fix this Storm8. :(

LightAndLove83
04-03-17, 12:11 PM
I've just done some research...AFTER I spent the money on a new Kindle, only to find out that S8 games are not supported on Kindle anymore. I suggest if your kindle needs replacing...DONT! Opt for something else or keep the one you have. Seems Apple and S8 are working together. :(

[S8] Elsa
04-04-17, 09:29 AM
Well this sucks. So we spend tons of money on Storm8 and in return, we lose access to our game if we've decided to upgrade our kindle? This needs to change....and quick, because it feels like steeling. I'm NOT saying that's what they're doing, only that this is how it feels. Please fix this Storm8. :(

Unfortunately, the new Amazon OS isn't compatible with our games. If you have another device you'd like to use, you can transfer your game progress.