PDA

View Full Version : I missed so much!

GiselleX16
02-04-16, 01:12 PM
Last spring the game outgrew my old iPod Touch so I was unable to play. Boo hoo! Last month we finally traded in our old dumb phones for smart phones and my game is back on an iPhone 6S. I'm so happy but also so sad that I missed so many events. (I was a very diligent player.) Also it looks like there have been events that I can't do because of previous missed events. Currently I'm back up to Stable Staples (slow but possible), Hamme Fatale (tough getting those Skunku-Pies), and Princess Lorelei's Fountain (those troll tokens are scarce!). And yay - the brand new quest that just started today with Agnes - fun!

So what's the most important thing that didn't involve spending gems that I missed in the last 10 months?

meme1098
02-04-16, 01:20 PM
Were you able to get back into your old game?

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

GiselleX16
02-04-16, 04:21 PM
I did get my old game back; I think I had been gathering something for horses when the game would no longer open. Storm 8 did a great job for me storing most of my moving items to free up memory, but in the end my OS was just old. When I pulled it back up on my new phone, the llittle kingdom looked so empty! So one of the first things I had to do was bring tons of items out of inventory and fix up my layout again. It took a few days to remember what the heck everything did! Then catch up on the events that were still around in January (mainly involving the end of the New Year's stuff).

But I'm seeing references to things in some of these threads that clearly took place between March and December that I guess are gone forever. I just wondered what people thought were the major events over the last year.

danzplace
02-04-16, 04:36 PM
Oh the same thing happens to me.ninlost my Rouncy and missed a vineyard challenge and the first troll hunt. Plenty to do otherwise. I am most bummed about losing my black horse, I had just placed him. Still plenty to do.

rulerofjennyville
02-06-16, 09:15 AM
I have the lorelei's fountain and all I'm getting off of it are water and goldfish. I get the occasional mermaid scale. I have yet to get a single troll token the others are talking about. And I got it right away, too, while the last troll wagon quest was just beginning - I got the gem for completing the Thanksgiving quest. So I wouldn't worry about that one too much - so far my ponds give better drops. And I've given up on getting that cooking camp anytime soon. I've only got 48 gold tokens.

Oh the same thing happens to me.ninlost my Rouncy and missed a vineyard challenge and the first troll hunt. Plenty to do otherwise. I am most bummed about losing my black horse, I had just placed him. Still plenty to do.

The vineyard quest was one of the first ones I got and it is still the one I liked the best - I don't have a cabbage hut so I don't get prizes from baron's tent. So I only have one dog and cat. And I liked all the stuff I got off of it. My second favorite would be Sir Hammy's though not so much for the pig itself as for the drops from the other items - his trough gives off an apple, his toy wool and his pen a truffle. After that the challenges don't seem to be near as good as the ones they first had. At least not going by the hub.

GiselleX16
06-30-16, 04:23 PM
I am delighted to report that I am now caught up with the main story line - finished Search and Rescue part 3 yesterday and wow am I happy! Very grateful to my neighbors for helping with Living Wood - I needed a LOT! Now I have to replenish my Fairies' Murmur, which is coming along slowly but steadily. I love my little Faerie Pond. I did participate in most of the limited time quests along the way which sometimes detoured me off the main story quest but here I am!

And of course thanks to everyone on the forums for all the excellent information that helped me streamline my progress by planning ahead. ;)

Now my only long term goal is Princess Lorelei's Fountain - I need two sapphires; only have one sapphire and seven Troll Tokens. Guess I'm waiting for the next hunt.

I almost got the Forest Stag but ran out of time in book 10 like so many others. Ah well.

PrincessCupOButter
06-30-16, 09:17 PM
Lorelei's Fountain is a permanent feature, so thankfully there's no rush to get it. It does drop gold troll tokens, but only during monster hunting seasons. For me personally, I'm glad to have it, even if the gold tokens are rare drops, I appreciate the extra fish and mermaid scales....and when I'm maxed on those, I don't collect from it.

Congrats on catching up so quickly!!

GiselleX16
07-02-16, 12:30 PM
I took my husband's suggestion to keep from getting bored, and downloaded Castle Story into our Android tablet and started a new kingdom from scratch. And I made my old kingdom a neighbor! So now I can gift my new kingdom and help it grow, and visit my ongoing kingdom. It looks very nice on the larger tablet; I can see all my cats, dragons, and alicores so clearly! The only problem is that it keeps crashing, so I guess I'll have to hit the Android threads and see what that issue is.

It is fun to be back at the beginning, I must admit.