PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 2/04 Update - The Stargazer's Ridge Event | 4-15 Feb | EXPIRED

Pages : 1 [2]

burritosprings
02-12-16, 07:14 PM
my guess about Agnes is that she can't be a character on our boards as this is an event and not main storyline. I hope we do get her at some stage and a faerie or 2 as well given we have lots of faerie items on our boards. So, don't give up hope just yet! :)

If we get Agnes we are gonna be building a Old Folks Home.. Storyline or event not sure.. Built to retire Old Thomas and his Agnes in harmony.

kasumi2012
02-13-16, 04:37 AM
If "6a. Setting Distant Sights" skipped with gems, Does "Telescope Viewing Glass" will available in my inventory? Or I must buy it again for crafting?

ShibuyaCloth
02-13-16, 04:47 AM
If "6a. Setting Distant Sights" skipped with gems, Does "Telescope Viewing Glass" will available in my inventory? Or I must buy it again for crafting?

Normally you get it in your inventory. But the lens is a 100% drop from the adventure, so an easy one.

kasumi2012
02-13-16, 04:58 AM
Normally you get it in your inventory. But the lens is a 100% drop from the adventure, so an easy one.

Yes, i know it's a 100% drop, but unfortunately my schedule is so tight, i am affraid miss this one.
And Yes, it gets in my inventory, I already skipped it. Now crafting the telescope for 4 hours, upgrade the Stargazer Ridge's
and Finally, Happy Valentine to all of you.

PS: Waiting for a year for another chance to acquiring or buy a Winter Bakery. And for 2015 is a miss. ;)

transberry
02-13-16, 06:38 AM
Got both telescopes crafting

Got the glass first adventure

This was a pretty easy event

EBJW
02-14-16, 12:16 AM
I'm still waiting for even 1 energy drop after about 3 days of collecting...lol

Me as well...
I finished early; so far I only got glimmerdust, glimmerdust, and.... oh, did I mention glimmerdust?!
And all that glimmerdust drops in vain, cause I'm maxed...

ncoop11
02-14-16, 03:31 AM
Hi 🙋🏻 I need glimmer dust. What level dose the stargazer start giving out glimmer dust ? Also I can seem to get enough jewels any where, any suggestions? I am ncoop11. 🌷💘 Happy Valentine's Day 💕

ShibuyaCloth
02-14-16, 03:46 AM
Me as well...
I finished early; so far I only got glimmerdust, glimmerdust, and.... oh, did I mention glimmerdust?!

Same here, on both accounts the SG went into storage:) Adding one more card to my little collection!

VictorianKnight
02-14-16, 04:51 PM
Me as well...

Yep. All I've received also. No energy.

zaccy678
02-15-16, 01:24 AM
Does anyone know how many gems it costs to skip the 'seeing stars' step?

SpiritWind00
02-15-16, 01:40 AM
Does anyone know how many gems it costs to skip the 'seeing stars' step?

You can't. There is no skip or similar button on the screen. What items do you have?

zaccy678
02-15-16, 02:00 AM
You can't. There is no skip or similar button on the screen. What items do you have?

Well I've completed 6b and 6c, but my adventurers won't be back for another 11 hours or so, and I'm not sure if I'll finish it all in time...

Any idea how much it might be to speed up crafting the telescope??

SpiritWind00
02-15-16, 02:04 AM
I didn't take a pic of that... how much longer on the clock? There aren't any pics in the goal guide either yet as I just checked.

SpiritWind00
02-15-16, 02:06 AM
Found it, page 17... It cost 16 gems to speed up.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88811-Castle-Story-2-04-Update-The-Stargazer-s-Ridge-Event-4-15-Feb&p=1247577&viewfull=1#post1247577

Added to post 2. Thanks ShibuyaCloth!

Zaccy, there is just under 15 hours left... Does that seem right to you?

zaccy678
02-15-16, 03:17 AM
Found it, page 17... It cost 16 gems to speed up.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88811-Castle-Story-2-04-Update-The-Stargazer-s-Ridge-Event-4-15-Feb&p=1247577&viewfull=1#post1247577

Added to post 2. Thanks ShibuyaCloth!

Zaccy, there is just under 15 hours left... Does that seem right to you?

Thanks SW :)

I've got 8 hours left on my adventure and about 14 hours left til the event ends :eek:

Whether I have to use gems or not all depends on how early I manage to wake up tomorrow ;)

:) no problem. Good luck finishing! You're soooo close. You have got your wisps ready I hope for a quick run home?... :) SW

zaccy678
02-15-16, 03:31 AM
I have 90-something wisps and red petals, so I'm prepared!!

SpiritWind00
02-15-16, 03:41 AM
Excellent. I look forward to hearing good news from you! :):):)

And good luck to anyone else on the verge of finishing too....

AliceWinter24
02-15-16, 09:30 AM
Oops. I'll have everything I need for the telescope in 4 hours, then it'll take 4 hours to craft, and it's only 8 hours left in my goalbook ... Which probably means a little over 7. Thought I had a little more time.

SpiritWind00
02-15-16, 01:33 PM
Oops. I'll have everything I need for the telescope in 4 hours, then it'll take 4 hours to craft, and it's only 8 hours left in my goalbook ... Which probably means a little over 7. Thought I had a little more time.

You should be fine even if time runs out. As long as your telescope starts crafting in time, (while event is active) all you'll miss out on is the goal reward of the XP and coins. You'll still be able to upgrade the ridge even if the event expires as you have all the items.

ladyperidot
02-15-16, 01:40 PM
I don't know if anybody is keeping track of what the ridge drops at level 5 but I just got orange petals

SpiritWind00
02-15-16, 01:43 PM
I am! Post 2 has a few recorded already. I imagine if orange and red petals drop, maybe other colours too? Need more players to post about this. :)

AliceWinter24
02-15-16, 01:55 PM
You should be fine even if time runs out. As long as your telescope starts crafting in time, (while event is active) all you'll miss out on is the goal reward of the XP and coins. You'll still be able to upgrade the ridge even if the event expires as you have all the items.

Ah cool. Thank you!

Edit: I don't have the option to upgrade to level 5, so I'm wondering if I have to complete the goal to craft the telescope before I get that option?

zaccy678
02-15-16, 04:42 PM
Excellent. I look forward to hearing good news from you! :):):)

And good luck to anyone else on the verge of finishing too....

Made it with 20 minutes to spare!! Woot!!

YAY!!!!! :) SW

Perry9877
02-15-16, 07:45 PM
Happy to hear that I can still attach my telescope! These quests end at 7pm here and with dinner and sorting out the day for everyone I find the last moments slip away whilst I am busy elsewhere. I did not want to retrieve my telescope until I found out if it would just disappear into the dusty recesses of my storage unit. I am almost as excited that Alice is arriving as Old Thomas is!! So. . . . Will Alice walk among us as our other friends do? It has been too long since we last rescued someone from the Glimmerwood! I still keep hoping for my weaver of cloth idea to catch on.

SpiritWind00
02-15-16, 07:55 PM
Perry it should be fine... All other events have worked this way, so I can't imagine this one is any different in regards to the collection of the telescope.

Can you please post and confirm (or anyone else!), as I'm being presumptuous about how it should work. :) it's logical it should be fine if the telescope is crafting. You just shouldn't get any of the 3 items for the telescope anymore bc event finished.

Perry9877
02-15-16, 07:55 PM
Happy to hear that I can still attach my telescope! These quests end at 7pm here and with dinner and sorting out the day for everyone I find the last moments slip away whilst I am busy elsewhere. I did not want to retrieve my telescope until I found out if it would just disappear into the dusty recesses of my storage unit. I am almost as excited that Alice is arriving as Old Thomas is!! So. . . . Will Alice walk among us as our other friends do? It has been too long since we last rescued someone from the Glimmerwood! I still keep hoping for my weaver of cloth idea to catch on.

***HELP!*** I do not get the chance to upgrade. My telescope is in my storage bin. ��

SpiritWind00
02-15-16, 07:59 PM
What do you mean? Is it not in inventory? Try a force close... I'll stay online.

Perry9877
02-15-16, 08:00 PM
Ok

Perry9877
02-15-16, 08:04 PM
The telescope is indeed in my storage bin. When I tap the grassy ridge, there is no option to upgrade, just how long until I can collect from it.

P. S. I did force close it.

SpiritWind00
02-15-16, 08:08 PM
The upgrade button shouldnt impact on the collection button (16 hours for collection). That's really strange. I'll flag this with the team. done

Edit: have you clicked on something else then back on the ridge?

Perry9877
02-15-16, 08:25 PM
I had been afraid to touch anything after collecting my telescope, since then, I have gone back into the game, collected other crafted items, coins and resources, still no option to upgrade. I am gutted. I really wanted to have this ridge for Alice's visit. :-(

I know that whatever time things change somewhere in the world it will be inconvenient for some. I liked it much better when S8 was so predictable and everything happened 3:00 am on Thursdays. :-p

SpiritWind00
02-15-16, 10:28 PM
Ok, leave it for the moment. Let's wait to hear from S8. Is anyone else able to see the upgrade button?

zaccy678
02-15-16, 10:44 PM
The ridge did seem a bit different from other upgradable items.
I wasn't able to see the upgrade items for level 5 until I received the telescope...

AliceWinter24
02-15-16, 11:48 PM
I feared I wouldn't be able to upgrade if I let time run out, so I was thinking of speeding up the telescope, wouldn't have cost me that much. But I don't spend gems just for fun, and I chose to trust that it would be okay, only to pick up the telescope, and still don't have the option to upgrade :(

Perry9877
02-15-16, 11:51 PM
Sorry for the late reply! Usually if there are upgrades available for the property and it is between collection times if you tap the property you will get the pop-up for the upgrade's requirement. I guess I was not clear in explaining this, sorry. I checked here when I realised that I had let the completion time for the quest elapse. The telescope was in the workshop, so it would have been in production when the quest ended since the completion ends when the item gets collected. After reading that you should be able to complete the upgrade if the telescope was in production before the quest ended. As this was true, I was elated that a) I finally completed a quest and b) it was a quest that I cared about. I entered my kingdom, collected the telescope and tapped on the grassy ridge. Tapping on the ridge gave me only the amount of time until I could collect and the number of gems to speed up the time of collection. It did not give me the option of adding the telescope to the ridge. At your suggestion, I force closed my game and re-entered my kingdom. Again I tapped on the ridge and could not upgrade. I checked to make sure the telescope was still in my storage bin (it was), so I began doing the usual chores of collecting rents and resources from other properties in my kingdom. I checked back into the storage bin and the telescope and the other items were all in the bin as they should be, so it seems the rest of my kingdom is running as it should be.

Since going back into my kingdom and collecting and crafting I thought it might be best if I left it as it was.

I know it is late now so I will check back here in a few hours. I appreciate your help. It can be a wee bit distressing to get so very close and get distracted at the last moment. It happens a lot to me. I have several items that are almost complete. I was surprised to see that you could finish the ridge if you had the components. It would be nice to be able to do that with other items. I can understand that you would not be able to get the final prize for completing on time, but it is better than having partially built properties strewn about.

Again, thank you for looking into this for me. Cheers!

29vanilla
02-16-16, 12:06 AM
I don't know if anybody is keeping track of what the ridge drops at level 5 but I just got orange petals

I got one Orange petal. As in singular. One orange petal. Hope the drops get better.

SpiritWind00
02-16-16, 02:32 AM
Thanks Perry.... That's why I needed confirmation. Every other building we received through an event could still be upgraded after an event ends with gems. Given you have all the items it should allow you to upgrade. I've included a link in my report back to your first post, so we will wait till we hear back from S8.

29vanilla... All I get is glimmerdust and 1 drop too.

Lurker2
02-16-16, 04:18 AM
My latest drop from the Stargazer's Ridge is living wood. I have no idea how many of it because I already had 99.

meme1098
02-16-16, 07:48 AM
I'm still waiting for even 1 energy to drop. Most drops like glimmer dust & petals I'm maxed on so just getting a few coins & experience. Is this another essence pool?

Anaboe
02-16-16, 01:53 PM
Finished in time, forgot to hoard a second orb, but I manage to add to my inventory:
5 Romantic Blossoms
2 Fadeprint Elixirs
1 Telescope Stand
1 Telescope P{lanets
1 Telescope Viewing Gl..

So the hoarder in me is satisfied :P And I love the Stargazer's Ridge! Even tho it doesn't drop anything usefull, it's better than yet another fountain ;)

Now waiting for the next update!

rulerofjennyville
02-16-16, 03:12 PM
I got one Orange petal. As in singular. One orange petal. Hope the drops get better.

That's what I came over here looking for - orange petals are all I've been getting and I've collected multiple times. Were we supposed to be getting something else like energy? I installed my telescope. It's on the ridge. Was I supposed to have another upgrade and missed it? Maybe mine didn't get finished.

aiyoosha
02-16-16, 03:52 PM
That's what I came over here looking for - orange petals are all I've been getting and I've collected multiple times. Were we supposed to be getting something else like energy? I installed my telescope. It's on the ridge. Was I supposed to have another upgrade and missed it? Maybe mine didn't get finished.

nope the telescope is the last step. i guess its all just down to luck wat we get

dipwid
02-16-16, 06:18 PM
Hi  I need glimmer dust. What level dose the stargazer start giving out glimmer dust ? Also I can seem to get enough jewels any where, any suggestions? I am ncoop11.  Happy Valentine's Day 
Jewels drop from mines and you can build more than one jeweler building. Also the troll vault and Sabinas house drop them. You might also try the trade in the castle.

SpiritWind00
02-16-16, 06:56 PM
Good news on upgrading the Stargazer's Ridge:

The Stargazer's Ridge should now be available for upgrade to level 5! If there are any further issues, please post and I will forward this to the team.

burritosprings
02-16-16, 07:14 PM
Good news on upgrading the Stargazer's Ridge:

The Stargazer's Ridge should now be available for upgrade to level 5! If there are any further issues, please post and I will forward this to the team.

Thank you for your dedication to the Castle Story community. As a player you are like us and love the game. The relationship you have created between the devs and the players I can honeslty say is most epic.
It means so much to have you on our side and to communicate to the Devs on our behalf. Z

ncoop11
02-17-16, 04:15 AM
Thank you for your reply, but it looks like I was to slow and I missed out on completing the stargazer. I only got up to a level 3. 😕 I am to slow on all quest.

Jennerwein1
02-17-16, 09:19 AM
Thank you for your dedication to the Castle Story community. As a player you are like us and love the game. The relationship you have created between the devs and the players I can honeslty say is most epic.
It means so much to have you on our side and to communicate to the Devs on our behalf. Z
I wholeheartedly second this. :)

meme1098
02-17-16, 10:32 AM

I wholeheartedly second this. :)

I also agree! :D SW is the best!

aiyoosha
02-17-16, 01:05 PM
I also agree! :D SW is the best!

third this she is amazing mod ive ever seen! its so awesome to have someone on our side playing with us

Lurker2
02-17-16, 01:25 PM
I just got 1 faeries' murmur from the Ridge.

KadeeDid
02-17-16, 02:51 PM
Thank you for your reply, but it looks like I was to slow and I missed out on completing the stargazer. I only got up to a level 3. �� I am to slow on all quest.

Me too. Just too much going on and I didn't realize that all the levels needed to be done by the deadline. I had health issues with Mom, daughter and started a couple new volunteer roles for cancer survivors.

KadeeDid
02-17-16, 02:51 PM
third this she is amazing mod ive ever seen! its so awesome to have someone on our side playing with us

Yes! SW is the best!

stanglady1
02-17-16, 04:12 PM
got 5 energy from the stargazer this morning :)

silverybunny
02-18-16, 11:28 AM
I have what may be a silly question.

I was going along with this story and finding it quite cute. I got it to level 5 then every thing just stopped. Is that haw the sorry ends? I want to know the rest. Does she come? Do they have the date? How does it go?