PDA

View Full Version : How to be successful with the monthly goals...

sadieroo24
02-03-16, 10:21 PM
Looking ahead to next week, we may get a "monthly" goal that has a time limit. I have read that the only way to successfully complete these monthly goals is to purchase 4+ of the first appliance and 6+ of the second appliance...

How can one who is just starting out be able to do that? [allowed appliances/ money, etc]

Thank you for your help

Sprinkles

twospoons
02-04-16, 01:52 PM
Well, it depends on how often you can log into the game, but i'd have to say that whoever said you need 4/6 to complete is wrong. I mean, I've got a couple lower-level shops. On one of them (the higher level one), I built 3 of each appliance and will finish with a week to spare once I complete the last recipe, which I'm in the middle of cooking.

The other shop I'm not doing nearly as well, but that's because I haven't been paying that much attention to it, since I wasn't crazy about the final prize last month. If I'd been motivated, I expect I would have finished, even if I only built 2 appliances. I was going to just aim to unlock all the recipes. But I will finish on that account's restaurant, where again, I only built 2 of each appliance, so it is possible.

The important thing is, like you say, build up some cash. You not only have to buy appliances, but also decor as you go, so don't spend all of your coins redecorating right before goals! The appliance slots aren't so bad--don't forget you can store a stove to free up a slot to put one of the new ones out. But most importantly, find active neighbors! Having to buy the stove and then wait days to actually build it because you don't have people who will gift you or respond to your requests for parts will put a serious dent in your ability to complete the goals. The best neighbors will have given you lots of oven elements already by now, try not to use all of them on this week's amethyst stove, because you'll very likely need some for the goal stoves too.

monstertop
02-04-16, 02:30 PM
I definitely agree about having good neighbors who know to gift parts for the ovens once the goals start. You don't want to waste days waiting for parts.

If you have enough money to buy 2-3 appliances and complete the other other parts of the goals, the amount of hours you need to actually bake shouldn't be a blocker. I've definitely started working on monthly goals soon after I started playing even if I had to start with only one of the appliances and slowly expand out.

bobbyrae
02-04-16, 02:45 PM
Keep checking the goal thread in the forum so that you know the next step in the goal and can plan accordingly. So start out with two appliances. Keep baking on the two appliances and checking the goal to see what decor you'll need to buy and how many of each recipe you will need to cook, how much the next stove will cost, how much the decor will cost etc.

Also, build then buy. So buy an appliance, send out requests, build it then buy another. Don't have an appliance slot wasted by having the appliance in a box. You can't earn money from an empty box and the goal won't get completed any faster by having that slot boxed. You can continue to cook on other appliances and earn more coins while you build.

If you plan it well, you should have enough time to complete the goals. Have fun!

214sed
02-04-16, 03:08 PM
This mostly caused by neighbors and money and how much you play.

sleepygs
02-04-16, 03:15 PM
When I first started under 2 years ago, I did the first 6 months only buying 2 of the goal appliances. I was unemployed, so time wasn't a factor and I easily got the goals done well before the time limits- and these were those "bake 36, of the 6 hour" recipes too! I totally agree with much of the advice already presented, but wanted to add: DO NOT BUY DECOR UNTIL YOU KNOW IT'S NOT PART OF THE GOAL. There are many times I didn't realize I would need to buy, say counters, but saw them and thought they were cute. I'd end up spending twice as many coins, having too many counters, and running low on coins!

I do regret not buying more goal appliances when I could afford them as now it is nice to go back and find ones to master or better match the theme I'm going for. It's a balance I think, but goals are really doable with only 2-3 ovens.

deekathleen
02-04-16, 04:39 PM
I do regret not buying more goal appliances when I could afford them as now it is nice to go back and find ones to master or better match the theme I'm going for

If you bought the appliance during the goal can't you still buy more after the goal is over?

bobbyrae
02-04-16, 06:23 PM
When I first started under 2 years ago, I did the first 6 months only buying 2 of the goal appliances. I was unemployed, so time wasn't a factor and I easily got the goals done well before the time limits- and these were those "bake 36, of the 6 hour" recipes too! I totally agree with much of the advice already presented, but wanted to add: DO NOT BUY DECOR UNTIL YOU KNOW IT'S NOT PART OF THE GOAL. There are many times I didn't realize I would need to buy, say counters, but saw them and thought they were cute. I'd end up spending twice as many coins, having too many counters, and running low on coins!.

Sound advice. Especially when it comes to items that cannot be sold, like tiles or wallpaper. Sometimes you can use any tile/wallpaper (can't remember which) to fulfill the goal requirement but sometimes you cannot.

sleepygs
02-04-16, 08:40 PM
If you bought the appliance during the goal can't you still buy more after the goal is over?
Not if they've been removed from the store. So not my early days, sadly, but I did buy more of Xmas 2014 while working on Xmas 2015, so that was something.

taoyingying
02-05-16, 10:16 AM
I have read that the only way to successfully complete these monthly goals is to purchase 4+ of the first appliance and 6+ of the second appliance...

Who said that? I only buy 3 appliance of each type (except the basic oven and drink machine), and I can easily finish monthly goals days ahead of the expiration time.

LalaSmooth
02-05-16, 11:41 AM
What I do is have 9 of each appliances so it's even. I dislike the 1 hour and 3 hour recipes as these always tend to spoil. I finish the goals within a week after being released

twospoons
02-05-16, 12:41 PM
What I do is have 9 of each appliances so it's even. I dislike the 1 hour and 3 hour recipes as these always tend to spoil. I finish the goals within a week after being released

and as the OQ didn't think she could manage to build 4 or 6 appliances, your method's probably not going to be an option for her. actually, you're reinforcing the notion that the rest of us have been trying to tell her not to worry about.

krissy4115
02-05-16, 03:24 PM
I buy only what is required of the goal - no more, no less. I still finish all my goals with at least a week to spare. I see no need in wasting the extra coins on buying the extra machines. For what? Just to finish faster? You spend more on the extra machines than you would on the actual goal. If you are able to log in when the food is finished, or reasonably after, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to finish the goal with the minimum amount of machines. IMO

bobbyrae
02-06-16, 12:48 PM
That's a lot if you're a new player who doesn't have the money to buy all those appliances. If she doesn't have really good neighbours who answer her requests and sends her parts as gifts then those extra appliances will just sit in boxes for a while taking up space and not earning money. I still say build first then buy.

I also hate the shorter timed recipes and this was one of the reasons I ended up quitting both rs and bs. I found I couldn't complete the goals because I could never come back in time to serve the one hour and two hour recipes :( I don't mind the 3hrs or more recipes because I at least have 6hours or more to come back in game.

sally_brown
02-06-16, 09:03 PM
I always buy two of each of the goal ovens, and I haven't been unable to finish the goals in quite some time, not since I've finally gotten a group of neighbors who respond to parts requests in a timely manner, and who gift the goal parts. Having responsive neighbors is key. (You can add me if you'd like.)

I think one thing to consider is how long you wish to spend on the goals. Not to knock LalaSmooth's method, because everyone should do what they enjoy, but taking a week to finish a goal would cause me to be increasingly uninterested in playing the game for the remainder of the month. Having bought two of each oven, I just finished my RS goal today and my BS goal a few days ago. So if you want to spread the goal out, or don't mind spreading the goal out, tons of ovens aren't necessary and may even be the opposite of what you want to do.

I probably would have finished my RS goal earlier, too, if I hadn't gotten mixed up and thought I'd finished that one when I finished the one for BS. But I want to point out I also had a little extra free time this month and was able to check the game more often than I normally can. I don't typically finish goals so early.

I agree that the shorter times are bothersome. If you can't check the game during the day, it lessens the time you can actually spend working on the goals.

LalaSmooth
02-07-16, 10:41 AM
My bad sorry I didn't fully read the question. The first appliance usually has the 1 to 3 hour recipes and that is so annoying! Goals start around 7.30pm GMT time and they forever spoil!

Niire
02-07-16, 07:33 PM
Finishing these goalls really DOES depend heavily on neighbors being responsive/having enough neighbors to help and to help them in return. I do tend to buy 2-3 of each appliance, both to speed things up a bit, but also to have them after it's done. :)
I've been there on lower levels without money, it's really hard...but as long as you have a network, it makes things SO much easier.

sadieroo24
02-09-16, 01:10 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I appreciate ALL your comments AND your time. I have just started & am taking it slowly. I am lucky to have very responsive neighbors, helpful friends like you, read EVERYTHING I can, and most importantly- be a good neighbor to all.

Thank you so much! sadieroo24