PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Event - February 4, 2016 - IOS Only

Pages : [1] 2

judyandthecat
02-03-16, 02:42 PM
Event starts at 4 Feb 2:30PM PST. Minimum level is 17 for participation.
The Pink Fox comes with its own habitat. :)
Take note that the mailbox is good for one use and disappears afterwhich. Do not buy/craft event items until your goal asks for it. (Rynetory2)

Download the valentine version in you App Store if you have not already done so.

Whoa look at that beautiful pink fox!
http://i65.tinypic.com/11rvhfk.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/302yskm.jpg

A Foxy Valentine (1 of 8)
Love is in the air! How do I know? Well, my pet fox here has become quite smitten!
Part One
Buy a Romantic Picnic
Send 12 Plane Orders
Collect 6 Valentine Cards (from plane orders)
Rewards 130 coin 30 experience

Part 2
Make 5 milk chocolate
Make 5 heart chocolate boxes
Upgrade Romantic Picnic to stage 2

To upgrade the romantic picnic to stage 2
Give 20 valentine cards and 4 heart boxes of chocolates!

Part 3
Buy 12 rose bushes
Collect 12 roses (uses pink shears, 1 per bush)
Pink shears are random drops from plane deliveries

Part 4
Craft 3 rose bouquets in the studio
Takes 5 hours to make and uses 4 roses for each bouquet
Upgrade Romantic Picnic to Stage 3
This upgrade requires giving 3 rose bouquets and 24 valentine cards

Part 5
Make 15 oyster nets in the bait shop
Each nets takes 3 hours to make and uses 1 wool and 2 flax
Gather 15 oysters from the pond using the nets

Thanks to bss0226 for sharing part 6, 7 and 8

Part 6
Make 15 pearls (oyster goes into studio) 45 minutes each
Make 1 pearl bracelet (15 pearls into studio) 6 hrs
Upgrade picnic blanket uses 1 pearl bracelet and 30 Valentine cards

Part 7
Mine 10 times
Find 6 rhinestones (or collect them from sales)

Part 8
Make 1 rhinestone bracelet (in studio) 3 hrs
Expand last time 1 rhinestone bracelet, 40 valentines cards

After completing part 8 you can store your picnic blanket if you like
Fox den and fox are placed in your storage

Btw, once you complete a step, there are no longer need for chocolate boxes, bouquets, pearl bracelets and rhinestone bracelets

In fact you can no longer make any of those timed items

judyandthecat
02-03-16, 02:43 PM
Reserved for event information

kooky panda
02-03-16, 03:02 PM
Oh wow!! That Fox is so cute!

judyandthecat
02-03-16, 03:11 PM
Oh wow!! That Fox is so cute!

I know and I am leaving for Florida on Sunday so will have limited wifi access so trying to figure out how many coffees can I tell my husband I need per day at Mcdonalds (free wifi) and I am really hoping this is not an event where we have to collect something every three hours.

She will go so sweet with the pink poodle I bought !!!

anne202b
02-03-16, 04:45 PM
No update in App Store yet....or Valentine version. :(

judyandthecat
02-03-16, 04:52 PM
No update in App Store yet....or Valentine version. :(

Are you iOS or android?

The valentine version is only available for iOS unfortunately

It does not say valentine version in the App Store but you will find it in the description
Here is a picture of the download you need for the event
http://i65.tinypic.com/t4uy5z.jpg

HappyJ8
02-03-16, 06:45 PM
Are you iOS or android?

It does not say valentine version in the App Store but you will find it in the description

Thanks so much for the heads up, judyandthecat! :):D

orleansparish
02-03-16, 07:09 PM
I hope they put some old items in the tree house or for sale. Like the cute little perfect yorkie from last year. Id buy gems in a heartbeat. I wonder if this will be a collection event? I just blew all my gems on finishing that grape one. I havent even made anything yet and it has the audacity to still make purple grapes ultra rare.

This will be a long weekend, as im doing events on all the games just about. [] But I wouldnt trade it for anything.

anne202b
02-03-16, 07:19 PM
Are you iOS or android?

Got it, thanks! I'm iOS but didn't click on the app picture to check the update date. Lesson learned. :)

lnztrekfan
02-03-16, 08:00 PM
Oooooohhh is the pink fox the prize?! She is so beautiful!! I need her!����

Rynetory2
02-03-16, 08:09 PM

I'm guessing the pink fox is the one. She's gorgeous! :)

lnztrekfan
02-03-16, 08:32 PM
Yes she is! I'm so excited! Thank you Rynestory :):):)

Rynetory2
02-03-16, 08:58 PM
Yes she is! I'm so excited! Thank you Rynestory :):):)

That's only my guess and I'm hoping she is. Good luck sweetie. :D

Lilliepaddd
02-03-16, 09:35 PM
I hope they have cute Valentine skins, I missed out 2 years ago and that would be awesome!

I really hope expansions are coming soon. My barn is full of papers!

They should be able to store in the cellar!!!

🌹❤️🌹❤️🌹

ghjvcucjb
02-03-16, 09:38 PM
Why is the Valentine version SO green??????

ghjvcucjb
02-03-16, 09:39 PM
I hope they have cute Valentine skins, I missed out 2 years ago and that would be awesome!

I really hope expansions are coming soon. My barn is full of papers!

They should be able to store in the cellar!!!

��❤️��❤️��
Hold onto those papers. 2 weeks before the last set of expansions I sold off hundreds of papers because it had been forever since we had any expansions and now can't get enough to fully expand. So depressing.

fangfarmstory
02-03-16, 10:15 PM
Are you iOS or android?

I deleted app and re-installed but I don't have any valentine info yet, it's Feb 4 th now where I live. Also, I thought I read a pop up about being able to purchase more grape vines. Did I imagine it? Or perhaps wishful thinking as 1 grape per vine every two hours just isn't enough.

Rynetory2
02-03-16, 10:22 PM
I deleted app and re-installed but I don't have any valentine info yet, it's Feb 4 th now where I live. Also, I thought I read a pop up about being able to purchase more grape vines. Did I imagine it? Or perhaps wishful thinking as 1 grape per vine every two hours just isn't enough.

Events normally start at 2:30pm PST Californian time. You can purchase more grapevines from your Market under Crops tab. :)

fangfarmstory
02-03-16, 10:36 PM
Thanks

noemata
02-04-16, 01:32 AM
Pink fox......cute.....hmmmmmm:confused:
I think I'll pass on this one.....

Niire
02-04-16, 04:36 AM
Well, out in the cold once again...:( Hopefully, some of the deco, animal skins etc will be for sale for us droid'ies? Seems sad to get hooked on a game like this one from ads from other games, only to miss out on well over half the content. :( BUT, if there's stuff IoS peeps need to gather and droid gets access to part, I'm always willing to lend a hand! <3

AppleJonas4
02-04-16, 06:01 AM
So the event will start at 2:30pm PST Californian time? What means 11:30pm CET????

yellowbee3
02-04-16, 06:26 AM
What time does the event start today?

Rynetory2
02-04-16, 07:10 AM
Well, out in the cold once again...:( Hopefully, some of the deco, animal skins etc will be for sale for us droid'ies? Seems sad to get hooked on a game like this one from ads from other games, only to miss out on well over half the content. :( BUT, if there's stuff IoS peeps need to gather and droid gets access to part, I'm always willing to lend a hand! <3

I'm sorry about this too. I hope both Android and IOS members can share an event one day. It would be great to have the whole community doing it together.

So the event will start at 2:30pm PST Californian time? What means 11:30pm CET????

What time does the event start today?

The event starts on 4 Feb at 2:30pm PST. You can use this Time Zone Converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone (PST).

Niire
02-04-16, 07:42 AM
Thank you rynetory2! <3 I actually play alot of storm8 games, and plan one day to get an ipad. I am disabled and unable to stand without aid without my left leg giving out on me completely...but my attorneys say that my claim should be coming up soon (been unable to work for 2 years now...) LOL, I really didn't think I'd dig this game as much as I do now when I first started...I hated it trying to get the goals done for the other games. Then, something in the levels clicked, and I found myself hooked. :) I'm not angry about the events not being on droid. It's also fun to help out when I can, and that's a reason I got hooked too!

Good lawdy, sorry for the novel. Meds get me going all kinds of sideways sometimes. :p

jentlezat
02-04-16, 09:15 AM
ok, I found Farm Story 2 with the cow & chicken, downloaded it - yea!:D
Lost the snow - aah :(
Now all I have to do is wait until 5:30p.m. EST USA for the "Love" event!
I'm hoping for good things since I already miss the snow!
Happy Luv feast ya'll :)

nukesters2
02-04-16, 03:33 PM
2:32 pm pacific time....no event yet. am I impatient? yes! lol
2:38..... and we are live!!! woohooo

wino_o
02-04-16, 03:38 PM
I have the new app, but not the event yet. But!! I have 3 new expansions available. Super excited for that!!

FurnasFarms
02-04-16, 03:41 PM
Game on!

fertycatz
02-04-16, 03:41 PM
Is there any way to d/l the update besides iTunes? My iTunes is totally screwed (third time it's happened - thanks for the latest freaking "upgrade" Apple!) Someone please give me and good news!

alish00
02-04-16, 03:48 PM
Is there any way to d/l the update besides iTunes? My iTunes is totally screwed (third time it's happened - thanks for the latest freaking "upgrade" Apple!) Someone please give me and good news!

I use the App Store

fangfarmstory
02-04-16, 03:50 PM
Events normally start at 2:30pm PST Californian time. You can purchase more grapevines from your Market under Crops tab. :)

I'm not able to see the grapevines for sale in marketplace under crops, at my max of 2 and I'm suppose to level up to get more? I'm at level 49 now.

ninasidstorm8
02-04-16, 04:01 PM
First 10 orders netted me 4 Valentine Cards and 3 Love Letters.

Rose Bushes for 150 coins take 22 hours to grow.

The one new crafting item I saw is in the bait shop. There is a net that takes 2 Flax and 1 cotton to make. Time of 3 hours.

Valentine's mailbox costs 1500 coins. You put in a Love Letter and you get back Valentine's Cards. I put one in one letter and received 2 cards. Then the mailbox disappears, so I guess you have to buy a new one every time you want to try it.

tegaan3
02-04-16, 04:06 PM
The mail boxes are a waste...can only use once...I bought one for gems and $ I got 1 flax and 1 shovel.

alish00
02-04-16, 04:14 PM
First 10 orders netted me 4 Valentine Cards and 3 Love Letters

Valentine's mailbox costs 1500 coins. You put in a Love Letter and you get back Valentine's Cards. I put one in one letter an received 2 cards. Then the mailbox disappears, so I guess you have to buy a new one every time you want to try it.

So I'm on stage 2 crafting my chocolates... R we supposed to send letters right away or wait??

ninasidstorm8
02-04-16, 04:22 PM
So I'm on stage 2 crafting my chocolates... R we supposed to send letters right away or wait??

I just hit stage 2 myself. So far it looks like the only use for the Love Letters is to send in the mailbox to get Valentine's cards. So you can hang on to them until you need more Valentine's cads.

When I reached stage 2, I also see a new craft item for the Chocolatier. A Candy Box that takes 2 hours and needs 1 Piece of Chocolate, 1 Milk Chocolate and 1 White Sugar. We need ot make 6 of them as the second task of Stage 2.

seahawkran
02-04-16, 04:23 PM
Here we go again ...
First 12 deliveries ... 2 val cards, 3 love letters ...

alish00
02-04-16, 04:23 PM
I just hit stage 2 myself. So far it looks like the only use for the Love Letters is to send in the mailbox to get Valentine's cards. So you can hang on to them until you need more Valentine's cads.

Thank u.. Good luck everyone!

I have 11 cards and a pink shears!

Clark_Wayne
02-04-16, 04:29 PM
anyone knows where we find the chocolat box for the upgrade ?

edit : ok i found it :D i had to finish step 1 to unlock in chocolatier

summit777
02-04-16, 04:30 PM
in the chocolatier:)

alish00
02-04-16, 04:31 PM

Stage 2 make in chocolier...

ninasidstorm8
02-04-16, 04:31 PM
I had to force close my game to see what we need to upgrade the Romantic Picnic to level 2. It requires 4 Chocolate boxes and 20 Valentine's cards for the upgrade. That will take a while to do.

dizzle507
02-04-16, 04:32 PM
I did 12 deliveries and only got 2 valentines......better start dropping better, this isn't good. :mad:

dizzle507
02-04-16, 04:44 PM

Some nets to craft in the bait shop

BBragg15
02-04-16, 04:52 PM
I agree the mail box is not a good idea, I didn't know they would disappear I got one dart out of the letter I used

yppahc
02-04-16, 04:58 PM
Rhinestones from the mine

nukesters2
02-04-16, 05:09 PM
I just got a pair of pink shears in my delivery, for cutting roses I bet!

Clark_Wayne
02-04-16, 05:22 PM
found these stuffs in stormie shop :

should be for the last step :D

nukesters2
02-04-16, 05:37 PM
about 25 deliveries and only 1 pair of pink shears. guess what the really hard thing to get will be this time!

Clark_Wayne
02-04-16, 05:44 PM
about 25 deliveries and only 1 pair of pink shears. guess what the really hard thing to get will be this time!

yes i got 2 of them.
must be for the roses in the market (150 coins). 22h to grow them so you better start planting :D

Niire
02-04-16, 06:20 PM
Hey gang! Update for the droid users...

57 new items in the market. For 4 days, alot of Valentine's stuff on sale, and it looks like alot of that is coin bought. For 11 days only...it looks like various rewards from the grape event (gazebo, building skins, which I have never seen before now, etc). And a 4 day value pack with the pergoda plus 14 of each grape for $10 usd...I am actually thrilled to see all of this stuff! Gotta see if I can scrape together some money for gems though lmao!!

I will try to keep an eye out for basic items you all might need...but if you can give me a heads up here, I can start making things like sugar, chocolate etc you may need for the event! <3

DragonManda
02-04-16, 06:53 PM
I was wondering what kinds of decorations anyone has gotten from the mailboxes. I bought one, not realizing it was a one-use-only item. Spent 1500 coins on it, and when I put in my letter, it gave me 100 coins back. Definite waste on that use... But if there's something other than what's for sale on the market, then I may try again. Can anyone confirm getting something that isn't already for sale as a reward from the mailbox?

ninasidstorm8
02-04-16, 07:24 PM
I was wondering what kinds of decorations anyone has gotten from the mailboxes. I bought one, not realizing it was a one-use-only item. Spent 1500 coins on it, and when I put in my letter, it gave me 100 coins back. Definite waste on that use... But if there's something other than what's for sale on the market, then I may try again. Can anyone confirm getting something that isn't already for sale as a reward from the mailbox?

I received 2 Valentine's cards in exchange for 1 Love Letter.

suncatchers
02-04-16, 08:23 PM

I received 1 dart from my mailbox...not sure if I want to buy anymore?? I wonder if we'd get something more from the mailbox you buy with gems?

caron7
02-04-16, 09:20 PM
I received 1 dart from my mailbox...not sure if I want to buy anymore?? I wonder if we'd get something more from the mailbox you buy with gems?

I got one axe for the mine. My second mailbox gave me one Valentine card. One mailbox was coins, one gems. Not sure which gave which, but not excited about either prize :(

bss0226
02-04-16, 09:31 PM
Part 3

Buy 12 rose bushes

Next expansion
3 rose bouquets - made in the studio and 24 Valentine cards

Looks like can't make rose bouquets until this goal is satisfied

Windracer321
02-04-16, 09:36 PM
How do you get the pink shears?

aviona0423
02-04-16, 09:41 PM
Part 3

Buy 12 rose bushes

Next expansion

Di you think we can buy the bushes now or should we wait for the quest to open?

aviona0423
02-04-16, 09:42 PM

I got one from delivery.

bss0226
02-04-16, 09:42 PM
The nets from the fishing pond gets you oysters

bss0226
02-04-16, 09:44 PM
Di you think we can buy the bushes now or should we wait for the quest to open?

Bushes take 22 hrs to grow but the goal says buy 12 bushes. If you buy them before, they don't count. But of course, you'll harvest the roses sooner. Bushes are relatively inexpensive at 150 coins each, I think

roguebee
02-04-16, 09:53 PM
I just noticed all the decor that was free is no longer!! Sure glad I got that fountain no way I would have paid 110 gems for that!!

I noticed the same thing. I did pick up a rose bouquet that Stormie was selling. Two tries on mailbox... 1 Valentine card and some flax.

aviona0423
02-04-16, 09:53 PM
Bushes take 22 hrs to grow but the goal says buy 12 bushes. If you buy them before, they don't count. But of course, you'll harvest the roses sooner. Bushes are relatively inexpensive at 150 coins each, I think

Ok. Thanks. I'll buy now so that the timer starts, then buy more when the quest opens. Hehe.

jdgrozda
02-04-16, 10:15 PM
...I got one flax with the mailbox I bought. what a joke!

dizzle507
02-04-16, 10:43 PM
In order to win the fox will we have to upgrade the fox picnic all the way and complete the 8 goals? Or just upgrade the fox picnic to get the fox? It's 2 tasks going at once, and any idea how many tasks it will be to upgrade the picnic?

kabuki55
02-04-16, 10:51 PM
What are the Rhinestones and Oysters For?

nukesters2
02-05-16, 12:13 AM

after literally 50 deliveries, I got one single pink shear!! very very bad!

nukesters2
02-05-16, 12:15 AM
yes i got 2 of them.
must be for the roses in the market (150 coins). 22h to grow them so you better start planting :D

I planted loads, I see that you need to buy 12 bushes as part of the coming goal, but you also have to cut roses so at least we can get a little ahead of the game planting right away. At least they are cheap to buy!

nukesters2
02-05-16, 12:18 AM
Part 3

Buy 12 rose bushes

Next expansion

Do you mean to upgrade the picnic to level 3 we need 3 rose bouquets and 24 cards only? nothing else? do you know what goes in to the rose bouquet besides roses? thanks! :)

jmterao
02-05-16, 01:51 AM

Same here.

ciarjen
02-05-16, 02:53 AM

I have used about over 15 and got mostly back 200 coins.

I also had 2 darts (for treehouse) and 1 pink shears. I would guess that is for the rose bush.

So far I can't see any point to the mailboxes if most returns are just going to be a couple hundred coins.

ciarjen
02-05-16, 02:59 AM

I've done over 50 deliveries and not one single shear yet. I had no idea they were supposed to be dropping.

ciarjen
02-05-16, 03:01 AM
My fox looks cute but she is sitting in the middle of my cats. I don't think there will be much left of them if she is released :D

MsScarlet29
02-05-16, 03:50 AM
Wow 1500 coins for a mailbox, returned one flax! Now that's an expensive crop! Not much love around this valentine season....no shears either. Roll on Easter. Lol

noemata
02-05-16, 04:15 AM
Hey S8, any chance of a fox "skin" color change for the prize??????
Perhaps as a gem purchase......:confused:

Rynetory2
02-05-16, 04:18 AM
Do you mean to upgrade the picnic to level 3 we need 3 rose bouquets and 24 cards only? nothing else? do you know what goes in to the rose bouquet besides roses? thanks! :)

Goal 3 only requires you to buy 12 rose bushes and collect 12 roses. There is no required expansion for this goal. The rose bush takes 22 hours to grow and we just started this event. We wouldnt know until the rose bushes are fully grown. FYI Rose bouquet does not appear in the studio while we are at Goal 3. Hope this clarifies.

Rynetory2
02-05-16, 04:26 AM
Gentle Reminder

1. This is a Goal event. Please dont rush to upgrade your romantic picnic without completing your goals. You will need to complete all goals to win your fox.

2. Your "Make" Counter registers when you start crafting goal items. It doesnt jump when you collect. Do check that you have good connection before you start crafting.

Enjoy your quests! Have fun. :)

nukesters2
02-05-16, 05:14 AM
Goal 3 only requires you to buy 12 rose bushes and collect 12 roses. There is no required expansion for this goal. The rose bush takes 22 hours to grow and we just started this event. We wouldnt know until the rose bushes are fully grown. FYI Rose bouquet does not appear in the studio while we are at Goal 3. Hope this clarifies.
Thankyou :) I will be able to clip my first rose in about 9 hours :) It is a really good event so far! Lots of fun things to do!

Jennerwein1
02-05-16, 05:45 AM
I know and I am leaving for Florida on Sunday so will have limited wifi access so trying to figure out how many coffees can I tell my husband I need per day at Mcdonalds (free wifi) and I am really hoping this is not an event where we have to collect something every three hours.

She will go so sweet with the pink poodle I bought !!!
Too funny. That is like me in Germany in the summer: how many times can I go to Starbucks or how long can I make everybody sit in the bookstore.

Jennerwein1
02-05-16, 05:49 AM
I apologize if this has been answered before: what are the new nets (to be crafted with wool) for. I am making three, but am afraid to use them. New goal?

seahawkran
02-05-16, 06:35 AM
WOW - took me 28 deliveries to finish first goal (1 of 8) to get 6 val cards, also got 10 love letters, 1 pink shears ... going to be a very long 10 day event at this rate ...

Mitzi111
02-05-16, 06:39 AM
do we have to switch to Valentine farm? or will the game work on the old farm? I am still on old farm and I can't find where I make box of chocolates. : (

Rynetory2
02-05-16, 07:13 AM
Please see my announcement post #406 in this http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88291-Limited-time-Quest-Event-and-New-Building-Jan-21-2016/page41 thread.

Are you at Goal 2 yet? You wouldnt be able to see/craft the event items until you reach the goal.

Mitzi111
02-05-16, 07:15 AM
Please see my announcement post #406 in this http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88291-Limited-time-Quest-Event-and-New-Building-Jan-21-2016/page41 thread.

Are you at Goal 2 yet? You wouldnt be able to see/craft the event items until you reach the goal.

OH. ok! just started playing, so only on goal 1. Thx rynetory2 !

Rynetory2
02-05-16, 07:17 AM
OH. ok! Thx rynetory2 !

You're most welccome. This version has bugs fixes so I will recommend you change over. Furthermore you dont want to complicate your event progress by using an outdated version. :)

ankavale1000
02-05-16, 07:24 AM
Goal 5
Make Oyster Nets 15 bait shop
Gather Oysters 15

I caught 2 oysters in the newspaper and bought it and the 2 counted toward the gathering.

Rynetory2
02-05-16, 07:26 AM
Goal 5
Make Oyster Nets 15 bait shop
Gather Oysters 15

I caught 2 oysters in the newspaper and bought it and the 2 counted toward the gathering.

Thanks for the info, do you happen to have goal 4?

ankavale1000
02-05-16, 07:28 AM
Goal 4 has been posted i believe

i think its

Make 3 rose bouquets
Upgrade to stage 3

Rynetory2
02-05-16, 07:32 AM
Goal 4 has been posted i believe

i think its

Make 3 rose bouquets
Upgrade to stage 3

Nope, it didnt say Goal 4. Thank you for the information. :)

taratown29
02-05-16, 08:13 AM
Took me nearly 60 deliveries to get the 20 cards needed to complete goal 2. Never, not once, got the pink shears. Now I need 12 to complete goal 3 ??? What kind of drop rate are you getting on shears ???

Windracer321
02-05-16, 08:19 AM
For those who have finished a roses level, how do the pink shears work? Once you have them can you always harvest roses or do you need a new one for each rose or each batch of harvesting?

Thanks for all the insights here, it really helps

Rynetory2
02-05-16, 08:22 AM
For those who have finished a roses level, how do the pink shears work? Once you have them can you always harvest roses or do you need a new one for each rose or each batch of harvesting?

Thanks for all the insights here, it really helps

You use the shear to cut the rose bush. A shear for each bush and a rose for each cut. The bush will be gone after a cut, you'll need to buy more bushes for more roses. Suggest that you buy more since the harvest time is 22 hrs. Hope this helps.

Windracer321
02-05-16, 08:26 AM
With one pair of shears every 50-60 deliveries this is not a reasonable quest.

Rynetory2
02-05-16, 08:33 AM
With one pair of shears every 50-60 deliveries this is not a reasonable quest.

I had gotten a shear so far. The event only just started. Keep trying...

Check Stormie shop daily and see if she sells you an event goody.

suncatchers
02-05-16, 08:34 AM
Does anyone know if the love letters are needed for anything besides the mailboxes? I don't really plan on buying a mailbox for each of the letters I'm getting, so they're just taking up space in my barn....wondering if I should sell some and maybe hang onto a few (any chance there will be a goal that includes love letters??).

jentlezat
02-05-16, 09:24 AM
ok, with the new valentine update: Fish shop - made the new 'fish nets'
fished with the nets - only get oysters - Nothing that I have does anything with oysters. (lvl 50 have sushi shop)
Am I missing something here? Or will there be anything else that goes with this besides sell them.

Just was curious is some new dish will go with this at a higher level or something.

noemata
02-05-16, 09:41 AM
Methinks you do something with the oysters in the studio when you get to that stage of the event...perhaps convert them to pearls and then a pearl necklace.....

jentlezat
02-05-16, 09:48 AM
o-o-o-h, glad I didn't sell them - hope I've got enough barn space :cool:

HunterAbode
02-05-16, 09:54 AM
I had gotten a shear so far. The event only just started. Keep trying...

Check Stormie shop daily and see if she sells you an event goody.

Are you already on the stage to buy the roses? I only had one shear but once I passed the chocolate stage, the orders started dropping the shears almost every delivery.

porsu
02-05-16, 09:59 AM
Are you all able to see romantic picnic upgrade requirements? I'm at stage 2, making my milk chocolates, but if I press the romantic picnic, I don't upgrade requirements or the upgrade button. Should I be worried?

ciarjen
02-05-16, 10:28 AM
Took me nearly 60 deliveries to get the 20 cards needed to complete goal 2. Never, not once, got the pink shears. Now I need 12 to complete goal 3 ??? What kind of drop rate are you getting on shears ???

I too have done at least 60 deliveries with no pink shears.

S8 - please can you check the drop rate of the shears. Thanks :)

aviona0423
02-05-16, 10:43 AM
While waiting on my roses to be ready, what does making a bouquet of roses need and how many roses does a bouquet needs?? Thanks.

minidemon88
02-05-16, 11:10 AM
Just managed to get to quest #2. Lost count of how many deliveries I sent but didn't receive any shear. :(

Btw, can any kind android player tell me how much does the cupid corgi cost? TIA! :D

Mitzi111
02-05-16, 11:43 AM
OH NO.... I panicked when I saw 10 heart boxes for sale. and I bought them! LOL. will they do me any good in this event?

Mitzi111
02-05-16, 12:03 PM
Dangit...i am really messing this event up! I thought by 'milk Chocolates' it meant those chocolate squares! LOL. I didn't even look at the picture. After waiting for 5 choc. squares to craft, I noticed they weren't registering. DUH. I have had the flu,,,, that's my excuse for starting late on this event and then being too fuzzy headed to follow instructions. Sticking to my story

suncatchers
02-05-16, 12:17 PM
Dangit...i am really messing this event up! I thought by 'milk Chocolates' it meant those chocolate squares! LOL. I didn't even look at the picture. After waiting for 5 choc. squares to craft, I noticed they weren't registering. DUH. I have had the flu,,,, that's my excuse for starting late on this event and then being too fuzzy headed to follow instructions. Sticking to my story

LOL you're not alone with either post...I saw some heart boxes for sale and grabbed them really quickly too! As for the chocolates, I saw that the heart boxes were made in the chocolatier but read it too quickly and thought you collect them from making choc squares, so I filled it up by making choc squares then had to wait for all of them to finish before I could start the milk chocolate. If you're blaming the flu can I blame my cold???

Mitzi111
02-05-16, 12:35 PM
LOL you're not alone with either post...I saw some heart boxes for sale and grabbed them really quickly too! As for the chocolates, I saw that the heart boxes were made in the chocolatier but read it too quickly and thought you collect them from making choc squares, so I filled it up by making choc squares then had to wait for all of them to finish before I could start the milk chocolate. If you're blaming the flu can I blame my cold???

I feel much better now knowing that someone else thought the squares were the choc. to make! and yes, you get to use a cold for your excuse. We sleep alot when we are sick... can't be online farming as much. : )

jdgrozda
02-05-16, 01:03 PM
Does anyone know if the love letters are needed for anything besides the mailboxes? I don't really plan on buying a mailbox for each of the letters I'm getting, so they're just taking up space in my barn....wondering if I should sell some and maybe hang onto a few (any chance there will be a goal that includes love letters??).
Yeah I'm wondering the same thing...taking up too much space so I think I'm gonna sell them.

Niire
02-05-16, 01:28 PM
Hey, Cupid Corgi is 260 gems. :)

PookieBear50
02-05-16, 02:56 PM

On the plus side, you DO need the Dark Chocolate to make the Chocolate Boxes, so they won't go to waste.

Iloveasherbuns
02-05-16, 02:58 PM
So I planted some rose bushes for the new Valentines Day event, and I don't have any pink shears to cut them and have no idea how to get them. Has anyone figured it out yet? I'm thinking I'll have to wait until I finish some more challenges?

PookieBear50
02-05-16, 02:59 PM
Lost a whole day because my battery died while I was at work (forgot to plug it in before leaving), so I'm going to be playing catch-up this weekend. It sounds like a lot of players are already well underway to completing the event's goals.

One caution (possibly meaningless, given everyone's progress): don't craft new items until a goal asks for it. If this is anything like the previous event, the "Make" requirement will not register those items crafted previously or in progress before the goal unlocks. I'm referring to the nets that are apparently available in the Bait Shop, but this would go for any item that appears for any building.

Iloveasherbuns
02-05-16, 03:00 PM
Ok I guess you get them by completing deliveries. At least, that's what it said when I tapped on the shears to buy them with gems. I think I'll just keep doing deliveries!

fangfarmstory
02-05-16, 04:08 PM
One wool for 1500 / mailbox. Come on, that's ridiculous !!!! These events are not fun at all, only frustrating. The goals are hard to achieve. I'm done.

suncatchers
02-05-16, 06:28 PM
On the plus side, you DO need the Dark Chocolate to make the Chocolate Boxes, so they won't go to waste.

You're right, I didn't even realize that...now I'm glad I made that mistake :)

GramGram2
02-05-16, 06:50 PM

What gets me is I bought the gem mailbox. Nowhere did it say it's a one time use and then it disappears. That's so wrong! Just a money grabber. If anyone knows something different, I'd certainly like to hear it.

lnztrekfan
02-05-16, 07:13 PM
As an aside I purchased both the gem mailbox and the coin one. I purchased a couple coins ones and I got 2 flax and 1 flax for 1500 coins!!! Crazy!! I'm not going to use my gem one, I'll just keep that as a decoration! They are cute I wish the wouldn't have disappeared but just would have been inoperable. Oh well, cute event though. Still on goal 2 drops haven't been so good for me. Best of luck to everyone!! :):):)

HappyAsA
02-05-16, 08:01 PM
What gets me is I bought the gem mailbox. Nowhere did it say it's a one time use and then it disappears. That's so wrong! Just a money grabber. If anyone knows something different, I'd certainly like to hear it.

Totally agree! Not happy & NOT getting another one, money/gem grabbers

HappyAsA
02-05-16, 08:04 PM
Great question, I'd like to know too:)

aviona0423
02-05-16, 08:48 PM
Ugh! I forgot to put the other roses to my other studio!! Now, I have to wait 15hrs instead of 10 for the bouquets! Then after that, 15 3-hr nets in bait shop?! This quest is sooo time consuming!!

Windracer321
02-05-16, 09:19 PM
What do you need besides the roses to make the bouquets? It may take me 2-3 more days just to get enough shears so it would be great to be ready for the next step. Thanks!

Ugh! I forgot to put the other roses to my other studio!! Now, I have to wait 15hrs instead of 10 for the bouquets! Then after that, 15 3-hr nets in bait shop?! This quest is sooo time consuming!!

alish00
02-05-16, 09:24 PM
I'm still stuck on 3... A few of My roses didn't count when I cut them.. So now waiting 12 hrs for the others to grow

aviona0423
02-05-16, 09:25 PM
What do you need besides the roses to make the bouquets? It may take me 2-3 more days just to get enough shears so it would be great to be ready for the next step. Thanks!

Just 4 roses to make a bouquet but it's 5hrs. 😩😩😩

alish00
02-05-16, 09:27 PM
Just 4 roses to make a bouquet but it's 5hrs. 😩😩😩

Wow that florist needs to step it up!!!

taratown29
02-05-16, 10:18 PM
Ok. Pink shear drop rate improves dramatically once you get to goal #3. Got my 12 in about 35 deliveries, and got all 24 cards I will need to update the picnic for the second time. Decided to use some of my extra mining tools to clear barn space and got a rhinestone which I am assuming is part of the promotion so no more mining for now.

ghjvcucjb
02-05-16, 10:28 PM
Pre bought 24 rose bushes and none counted. So sad

Rynetory2
02-05-16, 10:31 PM
Pre bought 24 rose bushes and none counted. So sad

This is a goal event so pre-crafted items or previous purchases would not count. Dont be too sad, on the bright side, the rose bushes look lovely so they can be used for decorations after the event. Besides you can start crafting the bouquets.

bss0226
02-05-16, 10:32 PM
The Pink Fox comes with its own habitat. :) (Rynetory2)

Download the valentine version in you App Store if you have not already done so.

Part 6

@bss0226: I hope you wouldnt mind that I shortened your quote since Post 1 is very long being an event post, to make it easier for fellow members to read the posts without scrolling all the way. Thanks for the update. Rynetory2

CLOVERKAITO
02-05-16, 10:53 PM
I really don't like these kind of events that heavily rely on deliveries giving you the *right* items... I probably sent out around 20 deliveries today burning up most of my inventory and I'm still on goal 2 with only 7/20 cards... I'm already so done with this. These upgrade items also take up precious storage space.

That mailbox is absolutely dumb. 1500 coins yet the "prize" I got after sending a letter was friggin' 200 coins. I'm glad I didn't buy the gem version (and the only reason I didn't buy it was because I didn't have enough gems!!).

[Removed Mod action comments (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?5-Rules-of-Conduct-Last-Updated-5-29-12)]

tuffyjkitten
02-05-16, 11:02 PM
Well I have been on step 3 all day and I've only collected 2 pink shears. The drop rate doesn't sound promising. I have 3 rose bushes I bought yesterday ready to cut but am waiting for more shears to drop.

CLOVERKAITO
02-05-16, 11:40 PM
Part 6

Thank you for updating part 6. I'm far from expanding to the pond so I guess it's time for me to give up on this event... :(

ghjvcucjb
02-06-16, 01:04 AM
This is a goal event so pre-crafted items or previous purchases would not count. Dont be too sad, on the bright side, the rose bushes look lovely so they can be used for decorations after the event. Besides you can start crafting the bouquets.

I didn't buy them pre event. I came here and several people said to pre buy them since they take 22 hours to mature. So I went and did that only to not have them count.

ghjvcucjb
02-06-16, 01:07 AM
I really don't like these kind of events that heavily rely on deliveries giving you the *right* items... I probably sent out around 20 deliveries today burning up most of my inventory and I'm still on goal 2 with only 7/20 cards... I'm already so done with this. These upgrade items also take up precious storage space.

That mailbox is absolutely dumb. 1500 coins yet the "prize" I got after sending a letter was friggin' 200 coins. I'm glad I didn't buy the gem version (and the only reason I didn't buy it was because I didn't have enough gems!!).

[Removed Mod action comments (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?5-Rules-of-Conduct-Last-Updated-5-29-12)]
I dislike these event so much. 2 days into it and I'm already over it.

oozeulb
02-06-16, 01:51 AM
I'm still on the first goal! I've been sending deliveries and still need one more card. It's taking forever to collect them. Am I way behind? I started the event right a way but it seems to be slow going :( I have lots of love letters so I decided to get a mailbox. I gave one letter and the mailbox disappeared. Is it a one time thing at $1500? If so that's a big disappointment! Oh, is the pink poodle gone for good? I really want one! They were on sale for a limited time, I didn't realize that meant they were limited and going away. Waaa :( Thank you for any help!

summit777
02-06-16, 02:41 AM

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing...taking up too much space so I think I'm gonna sell them.

➡️ Is there an answer for that?

noemata
02-06-16, 03:31 AM
The Runes suggest that you may need to save 10 mining tools.......;) :D

HappyAsA
02-06-16, 04:13 AM

Still waiting for an answer :(

alish00
02-06-16, 04:36 AM
Still waiting for an answer :(

Doesn't sound like it.. I've been selling my letters cause they R a waste for what U get in return..

But I will say I'm enjoying the event. Nice to have a goal in the game. Great job S8.

Mitzi111
02-06-16, 04:56 AM
It looks like it takes a total of at least 80 valentines cards to get to the end of this event, but I'm still on goal 2 waiting on cards to drop. I've only gotten a total of 16 so far. Is there a 'tip' to getting these cards to drop faster? How are people already working on oysters? Is there something I should be doing differently?

noemata
02-06-16, 05:11 AM
It looks like it takes a total of at least 80 valentines cards to get to the end of this event, but I'm still on goal 2 waiting on cards to drop. I've only gotten a total of 16 so far. Is there a 'tip' to getting these cards to drop faster? How are people already working on oysters? Is there something I should be doing differently?

'Gems' are key.......:confused:

Mitzi111
02-06-16, 05:48 AM
'Gems' are key.......:confused:

to speed up deliveries?

cops2017
02-06-16, 06:33 AM
How to Upgrade Romantic Picnic to Stage 4 with string.... Pls help...

I've the answer already... Thanks

Rynetory2
02-06-16, 07:40 AM
I didn't buy them pre event. I came here and several people said to pre buy them since they take 22 hours to mature. So I went and did that only to not have them count.

Well I guess lesson learnt and the members meant well, it does saves time but you have to spend more. Good thing the rose bush isnt expensive. The goal events are tasks specific, so I dont buy/make until I get to the goal.

We wont know the answer until someone reaches Goal 8. However you can make a judgement call if you want to base on past events but there's no guarantee for that. In past events, we had similar items like lanterns, archery targets, pine trees etc which functioned like the mailboxes. They (coins and gems ones) were good for one or two times and disappeared after. In those events, items equivalent to Love Letters were only for the mailboxes. Hold on to it if you want to play safe until we see what are required of the later goals.

queenaleecia
02-06-16, 08:23 AM
What is the mailbox for?

Rynetory2
02-06-16, 08:26 AM
What is the mailbox for?

You put a Love Letter into it to receive a random gift - coins, farm item or event item.

HunterAbode
02-06-16, 08:40 AM
Does anyone know yet if we need the pink shears for any other goal? I have ten extra I'd like to sell to help people who need them but don't want to get rid of them if I will still need them.

princessskykennedy
02-06-16, 08:48 AM
So I paid $1500 for a $19 prize of flax?.?? Wow

catlicja
02-06-16, 09:01 AM
Since very poor drop from deliveries (I've bought nearly all my valentines cards from the market) And lack of time, I suppouse I can buy some rose bushes earlier to make a bouquets when goal says so? But how many? Is it one rose from bush?

transberry
02-06-16, 09:19 AM
Does anyone know yet if we need the pink shears for any other goal? I have ten extra I'd like to sell to help people who need them but don't want to get rid of them if I will still need them.
4 deliveries 1 note, day 3

This is impossible

Mitzi111
02-06-16, 09:32 AM
Well I guess lesson learnt and the members meant well, it does saves time but you have to spend more. Good thing the rose bush isnt expensive. The goal events are tasks specific, so I dont buy/make until I get to the goal.

We wont know the answer until someone reaches Goal 8. However you can make a judgement call if you want to base on past events but there's no guarantee for that. In past events, we had similar items like lanterns, archery targets, pine trees etc which functioned like the mailboxes. They (coins and gems ones) were good for one or two times and disappeared after. In those events, items equivalent to Love Letters were only for the mailboxes. Hold on to it if you want to play safe until we see what are required of the later goals.

OOPS! I have already unloaded my love letters. Cross fingers that we won't need them!

jaxvan
02-06-16, 09:36 AM
Since very poor drop from deliveries (I've bought nearly all my valentines cards from the market) And lack of time, I suppouse I can buy some rose bushes earlier to make a bouquets when goal says so? But how many? Is it one rose from bush?

You need 12 rose bushes. Each one gives one rose, then have to make three bouquets, 4 roses for each.

eucom
02-06-16, 09:38 AM

If you buy the bushes before level 3, they won't count toward the goal. I'm in level 3 now, and have some roses I bought in the newspaper, but the ability to craft the bouquets has not been unlocked yet. Looks like to me, I won't be able to craft them till level 4 when it is part of the that level goals.

jaxvan
02-06-16, 09:39 AM
I planted mine early, they will count for the cut roses, but you will still need to plant twelve more to count towards the goal of planting them. But you cannot cut them until you have the goal, or they won't count. The crafting part of the bouquets shows up after you plant and cut all twelve roses.

jaxvan
02-06-16, 09:43 AM
Your cut ones that you bought can be used for the bouquets, but you need to first plant twelve, and cut twelve for the bouquet to show up in the studio.

myjacob11
02-06-16, 09:46 AM
I think the love letters just makes you need extra barn space and then sell off everything tools, expansions for no good purpose I too wasted my gem mailbox at least I got a bike😐 and why can't they just post all the goals ? What's the deal?

dizzle507
02-06-16, 10:00 AM
The drop rates are horrible (like others have said). Still working on getting shears, for last 2 days. I have done probably close to 100 deliveries and still don't have enough shears or valentines to upgrade the blanket. Once I got to goal 3 , the valentine rate slowed down. The only thing I get from deliveries now is the love letters....and who wants those?!?!

catpaladin
02-06-16, 10:34 AM
Since the beginning of this quest, I have had only ONE shear drop. I just bought one from the Newspaper. I hope to find more there. Obviously the drop rate for shears is dismal for me.

HunterAbode
02-06-16, 10:43 AM
Since the beginning of this quest, I have had only ONE shear drop. I just bought one from the Newspaper. I hope to find more there. Obviously the drop rate for shears is dismal for me.

I will put 5 on the market in one hour if you want to add me. I have more than that - just not sure if we need them later.

Sandybellee
02-06-16, 10:43 AM
Just started crafting the first rose bouquet. (The shears dropped okay after I reached the stage where they were needed.)

I bought lots of extra rose bushes to decorate my farm - they are very pretty! :)

EnchantedAcres2
02-06-16, 10:45 AM
Ever since downloading Valentine update I have been having issues with the bait shop. Every time I load the bait shop the game resets and deletes most of my loaded bait and when it completes the bait loaded it doesn't add it to my inventory. I have tried to make the netting several times but it resets and the netting disappears. Yet if I load the netting and then collect in other areas when it resets the netting load is gone but the collections in the other areas do not change. It appears to be an issue only with the bait shop. Anyone else having this issue?

Annica5
02-06-16, 11:12 AM
Last 2 mailboxes gave me darts, but they don't show up in Piper's tree house (only the usual 3) Where do they go and what is the idea?

ciarjen
02-06-16, 11:17 AM
Last 2 mailboxes gave me darts, but they don't show up in Piper's tree house (only the usual 3) Where do they go and what is the idea?

Same thing happened to me.

aviona0423
02-06-16, 11:30 AM

It will not stock. You have to use the other three first. Then when you get new darts, it will be there. But if you have 3 darts already, it will stay 3.

judafarm
02-06-16, 11:31 AM
Same for me... "No darts". For 1500 coins... Several times :(

judafarm
02-06-16, 11:34 AM
I need Pink Shears... Need 12. from deliveries I collect in 2 days now 4!!!! :(

Is there an other way to collect shears???

I sent so many deliveries now... This is crazy... :(

HunterAbode
02-06-16, 11:42 AM
I'm listing 5 pink shears now.

Update: now sold

bss0226
02-06-16, 11:59 AM
The Pink Fox comes with its own habitat. :)
Take note that the mailbox is good for one use and disappears afterwhich. Do not buy/craft event items until your goal asks for it. (Rynetory2)

http://i65.tinypic.com/11rvhfk.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/302yskm.jpg

A Foxy Valentine (1 of 8)
Love is in the air! How do I know? Well, my pet fox here has become quite smitten!
Part One
Buy a Romantic Picnic
Send 12 Plane Orders
Collect 6 Valentine Cards (from plane orders)
Rewards 130 coin 30 experience

Part 2
Make 5 milk chocolate
Make 5 heart chocolate boxes
Upgrade Romantic Picnic to stage 2

To upgrade the romantic picnic to stage 2
Give 20 valentine cards and 4 heart boxes of chocolates!

Part 4
Craft 3 rose bouquets in the studio
Takes 5 hours to make and uses 4 roses for each bouquet
Upgrade Romantic Picnic to Stage 3
This upgrade requires giving 3 rose bouquets and 24 valentine cards

Part 5
Make 15 oyster nets in the bait shop
Each nets takes 3 hours to make and uses 1 wool and 2 flax
Gather 15 oysters from the pond using the nets

Thanks to bss0226 for sharing part 6

Part 6

Part 7
Mine 10 times

Part 8

After completing part 8 you can store your picnic blanket if you like
Fox den and fox are placed in your storage

Btw, once you complete a step, there are no longer need for chocolate boxes, bouquets, pearl bracelets and rhinestone bracelets

In fact you can no longer make any of those timed items

noemata
02-06-16, 12:00 PM
lol :D :D

Neighbors shops and the side shop.....sometimes useful.....

alish00
02-06-16, 12:13 PM
thanks for the rest of the stages and info it's very helpful! Good luck everyone!

HunterAbode
02-06-16, 12:17 PM
I will list five more pink shears in five minutes.
Update: listing now

driver1711
02-06-16, 12:20 PM
Add Part 3
Buy 12 Rose Bushes
Gather 12 Roses (Chop Rose Bushes with Pink Shears)
Rewards 130 Coin 30 experience

anne202b
02-06-16, 12:22 PM
Are you still here, Hunter? I'm comin' over for a visit and hope to get the shears. :)

HunterAbode
02-06-16, 01:37 PM
I'm listing last five pink shears. They're usually gone within a minute - I'll post again right before I list.

HunterAbode
02-06-16, 01:43 PM
Listing pink shears now

Update: pink shears sold

anne202b
02-06-16, 02:32 PM
Got em, Hunter. Thanks....

Only problem, I cut 2 bushes, got 2 roses, and poof.... They're nowhere to be found. 😞

noemata
02-06-16, 02:41 PM
Got em, Hunter. Thanks....

Only problem, I cut 2 bushes, got 2 roses, and poof.... They're nowhere to be found. 

Silo = plants....isn't it there?

abbyssassyshop
02-06-16, 02:47 PM
I have some shears listed!
SOLD

anne202b
02-06-16, 02:56 PM
Silo = plants....isn't it there?

Silly me...I was playing on my phone but had forgotten to close out the game on my iPad. All is well. Thanks.

LuvsHorror
02-06-16, 02:56 PM
Did it, got the pink fox, thank you everyone selling notes and letters.

BBragg15
02-06-16, 03:02 PM
I'm still on the first part, still waiting for the cards to show up, this is going to be a big fail for me to get the fox.

dizzle507
02-06-16, 03:12 PM
I posted earlier about horrible drop rate. But so far today, 25+ deliveries today and not 1 valentine or shear. I forced closed my game twice, thinking there was a problem, but still nothing.....anyone else not getting anything today?????

taratown29
02-06-16, 06:03 PM
Shears dropping ok here. Cards too.

tuffyjkitten
02-06-16, 06:05 PM
Part 7
Mine 10 times

Part 8

So does this mean we only need 6 rhinestones to make a bracelet? I already bought 15 or so in the newspaper, lol....

lnztrekfan
02-06-16, 06:22 PM
Ok this is probably a dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyway. Lol. If I do not upgrade the picnic blanket with the little pink fox completely will the fox disappear after the event expires? I'm not certain if I can complete fully but she would be cute just sitting there even if she doesn't move and I can't collect like other pets. Thank you so much for any help.

RobsAngel91214
02-06-16, 06:42 PM
Can someone plz tell me how to email to get help with my game? It is still glitching super bad and I need the glitch fixed and chocolate boxes for the fox put back to 4 and the valentines for the fox put back to 14. It's taking away everything I earn and I am getting very frustrated. Plz help :(

alish00
02-06-16, 06:50 PM
Can someone plz tell me how to email to get help with my game? It is still glitching super bad and I need the glitch fixed and chocolate boxes for the fox put back to 4 and the valentines for the fox put back to 14. It's taking away everything I earn and I am getting very frustrated. Plz help :(

Support@storm8.com. Tell them what game, lvl, Storm ID also! And of course the problem!

RobsAngel91214
02-06-16, 06:57 PM
tysm

eneke
02-06-16, 06:59 PM
I did not see this question but if I missed it I am sorry.

Does anyone know that if the rose bushes that I planted and did not harvest will stay after the event? They are so pretty and decorate the farm so well.

amyangel96
02-06-16, 07:03 PM
We're supposed to make the rose bouquets in the studio, right? That's not showing up as an option for me at all. I am using the Valentine's edition, and have six roses in my silo so there's enough to make one.

I'm not usually a complainer, promise, but I don't see how it's going to be possible to finish this event when I'm only getting shears every 20-30 deliveries. I keep trolling the newspaper and neighbors, but nothing so far.

Also, and I know this is minor and not event related, but the Spring Blossom tree from last year just has a shadow where it's pond should be, LOL!

Rynetory2
02-06-16, 07:12 PM

Please reinstall your game. Also update your iOS to latest version.

On your device setting and if you are using wifi, you may want to disconnect wifi a and restart your device.

Try the above before you send an email to support@storm8.com for an agent to assist you.

Rynetory2
02-06-16, 07:21 PM
We're supposed to make the rose bouquets in the studio, right? That's not showing up as an option for me at all. I am using the Valentine's edition, and have six roses in my silo so there's enough to make one.

I'm not usually a complainer, promise, but I don't see how it's going to be possible to finish this event when I'm only getting shears every 20-30 deliveries. I keep trolling the newspaper and neighbors, but nothing so far.

Also, and I know this is minor and not event related, but the Spring Blossom tree from last year just has a shadow where it's pond should be, LOL!

The rose bouquet shows up in your studio when you get to goal 4. Are you at it?

You may want to store your blossom tree into cellar and put it out again to get it to refresh. Reinstallation will also refresh the graphics.

Rynetory2
02-06-16, 07:23 PM
Ok this is probably a dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyway. Lol. If I do not upgrade the picnic blanket with the little pink fox completely will the fox disappear after the event expires? I'm not certain if I can complete fully but she would be cute just sitting there even if she doesn't move and I can't collect like other pets. Thank you so much for any help.

The kitten in the tree ran away after end of the Purrfect Quest event, I guess the wee fox may do the same? Idk.

Mitzi111
02-06-16, 07:39 PM
Did it, got the pink fox, thank you everyone selling notes and letters.

OMG. I'm still trying to get past part 2! I can't get the valentine cards! I'm stuck. Are you still selling ??

amyangel96
02-06-16, 07:41 PM
The rose bouquet shows up in your studio when you get to goal 4. Are you at it?

You may want to store your blossom tree into cellar and put it out again to get it to refresh. Reinstallation will also refresh the graphics.
Ah. That's it. I've still got to cut the rest of the roses for goal 3. I was looking to make the bouquets because I need them to upgrade the picnic, but it'll have to wait!

I tried putting the blossom tree into the cellar and getting it back out, but it didn't help. What did help was moving it! I had it between the house and another building, and the pond didn't show. But in another location it does have the pond, so that's fine.

Thanks for your help!

Rynetory2
02-06-16, 08:02 PM
Ah. That's it. I've still got to cut the rest of the roses for goal 3. I was looking to make the bouquets because I need them to upgrade the picnic, but it'll have to wait!

I tried putting the blossom tree into the cellar and getting it back out, but it didn't help. What did help was moving it! I had it between the house and another building, and the pond didn't show. But in another location it does have the pond, so that's fine.

Thanks for your help!

FYI All craft items for this event wouldnt show up until you get to the goal that asks for it. Great to hear your pond is back. :D That pond is my favourite. Have fun with your event.

lnztrekfan
02-06-16, 08:02 PM
The kitten in the tree ran away after end of the Purrfect Quest event, I guess the wee fox may do the same? Idk.

Thanks Rynestory! that makes sense! I will just have to get after it and see how far I can get! Cause I don't want her to run away! Lol :)

elmacca
02-06-16, 09:27 PM
So do we need to do anything with the love letters? They are piling up fast and using lots of storage room! So far I have only seen mention of cards...

noemata
02-06-16, 11:04 PM
This event is a strange one....everyone must do the tasks on their own and none of the new items made in studio, chocolatier, bait shop and cut roses are useful to anyone else.....
WHY are the options to obtain rhinestones, make oyster nets, cut roses still available after/before the event??

jmterao
02-06-16, 11:32 PM
I did not see this question but if I missed it I am sorry.

Does anyone know that if the rose bushes that I planted and did not harvest will stay after the event? They are so pretty and decorate the farm so well.

I bought mine too early so I had to buy them again. Once I completed that task I now have 12 rose bushes and haven't seen one pink clipper drop. I love the bushes but I don't need 12 of them. Can't store them either. How do I get rid of a few?

jmterao
02-07-16, 02:50 AM
This event is a strange one....everyone must do the tasks on their own and none of the new items made in studio, chocolatier, bait shop and cut roses are useful to anyone else.....
WHY are the options to obtain rhinestones, make oyster nets, cut roses still available after/before the event??

If you push with gems it's helpful to buy some of the items. I just finished the event. I made extra rhinestone collars to sell. Once you complete the event, the option to make them goes away.

I still don't have clippers. Still can make nets, find rhinestones and still get cards when I send off deliveries.

Can they turn on the clippers please?

noemata
02-07-16, 04:15 AM
If you push with gems it's helpful to buy some of the items. I just finished the event. I made extra rhinestone collars to sell. Once you complete the event, the option to make them goes away.

I still don't have clippers. Still can make nets, find rhinestones and still get cards when I send off deliveries.

Can they turn on the clippers please?

Ooh the clippers/shears......I've seen them here and there in the "global" marketplace....:D

Mitzi111
02-07-16, 06:29 AM
JudyandtheCat [/QUOTE]
"Btw, once you complete a step, there are no longer need for chocolate boxes, bouquets, pearl bracelets and rhinestone bracelets
In fact you can no longer make any of those timed item"

Will these items show up for deliveries? I haven't seen any red heart boxes of chocolates for delivery yet, but wondered if I should hang on to them in case they do. ??

baseball_boy
02-07-16, 06:59 AM
I have sent over 30 deliveries without getting one card. Wth? This game has gotten so stingy.

myjacob11
02-07-16, 07:04 AM
I bought mine too early so I had to buy them again. Once I completed that task I now have 12 rose bushes and haven't seen one pink clipper drop. I love the bushes but I don't need 12 of them. Can't store them either. How do I get rid of a few?

Click on the bush and hit the dollar sign to sell it you won't get anything for it

RobsAngel91214
02-07-16, 07:42 AM
Anyone know about how long it will take tech support to fix my game? I emailed my problem last night and can't play till its fixed as it is taking the valentines,chocolates etc away as soon as I get them. I have had 13 of the fox's valentines taken away and 2 chocolate boxes. So I am still stuck at that step until they fix my game and put my stuff back. :(

Rynetory2
02-07-16, 07:55 AM
Anyone know about how long it will take tech support to fix my game? I emailed my problem last night and can't play till its fixed as it is taking the valentines,chocolates etc away as soon as I get them. I have had 13 of the fox's valentines taken away and 2 chocolate boxes. So I am still stuck at that step until they fix my game and put my stuff back. :(

Did you see and try this as mentioned in my reply to your post? It normally takes 3 to 5 working days for an agent to assist you.

To add: if you want, you can post in the bugs forum and I'll try to help you.

Please reinstall your game. Also update your iOS to latest version.

On your device setting and if you are using wifi, you may want to disconnect wifi a and restart your device.

Try the above before you send an email to support@storm8.com for an agent to assist you.

suncatchers
02-07-16, 08:06 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, sorry if it has, but just a little tip if you don't always want to use gems...I made some net baits before the goal opened up for me, and even though they didn't count towards the goal, I was able to use them to collect oysters ONCE the goal opened up for me. Once the goal opened up, I made more nets - they go towards the count as soon as they're in the queue, therefore I saved a little bit of time by not having to wait for all of them to finish being made to finish the goal since I had already collected oysters. Now, if only the drop rate for the cards would increase...

BBragg15
02-07-16, 08:17 AM
I just finished my first part it took me 3 days, I'm not going to be able to go on and finish it at this pace. So I'm thinking about selling everything that I be getting from the event. This is the worst quest I done least the sleigh I got portion of it done to get the quests done.

tnt1192
02-07-16, 08:17 AM
I have done so many deliveries and haven't gotten one pink shears. Anyone else having the same problem?

RobsAngel91214
02-07-16, 08:33 AM
I just saw your post after I posted this. My IOS was already as high is it will go on my IPad and I just reinstalled the game. I guess I don't get to do the event then. :( ty for letting me know.

Rynetory2
02-07-16, 08:39 AM
I just saw your post after I posted this. My IOS was already as high is it will go on my IPad and I just reinstalled the game. I guess I don't get to do the event then. :( ty for letting me know.

Can you provide me with more details on your issue in this http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?54301-Farm-Story-2-Current-Bugs-and-Issues&p=1246981#post1246981 thread? I don't quite understand what you meant by "it is taking the valentines,chocolates etc away as soon as I get them. I have had 13 of the fox's valentines taken away and 2 chocolate boxes.". I'll try to see if we can figure it out while waiting for support. Let's go to bugs forum. :)

Nanaof8and2great
02-07-16, 08:44 AM
Yes, the only way I can get any is to buy them. I can't make any of the items needed in the studio there is no valentine items there to make. Do you have that issue?

RobsAngel91214
02-07-16, 08:47 AM
The game itself is playing fine unless I pick up or earn something towards the goal. It immediately kicks out every time and I lose what I earn. I have lost 13 of the valentines needed to upgrade the fox and 2 of the chocolate heart boxes.

Rynetory2
02-07-16, 09:00 AM
The game itself is playing fine unless I pick up or earn something towards the goal. It immediately kicks out every time and I lose what I earn. I have lost 13 of the valentines needed to upgrade the fox and 2 of the chocolate heart boxes.

I was waiting for your post in the above thread link.

Now that you have reinstalled game, can you see if the game registers your craft item or Valentine card when you next get it? If the problem persists, please post in bugs forum. Unfortunately I can't help you to recover your previous items, that you'll have to wait for support.

Rynetory2
02-07-16, 09:01 AM
Yes, the only way I can get any is to buy them. I can't make any of the items needed in the studio there is no valentine items there to make. Do you have that issue?

As mentioned, these crafts wouldn't appear until you get to the goal. Which goal are you at?

Mitzi111
02-07-16, 09:46 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, sorry if it has, but just a little tip if you don't always want to use gems...I made some net baits before the goal opened up for me, and even though they didn't count towards the goal, I was able to use them to collect oysters ONCE the goal opened up for me. Once the goal opened up, I made more nets - they go towards the count as soon as they're in the queue, therefore I saved a little bit of time by not having to wait for all of them to finish being made to finish the goal since I had already collected oysters. Now, if only the drop rate for the cards would increase...

THANKS Suncatchers! That is a great time-saving tip! : )

alish00
02-07-16, 09:56 AM
Ahhh... I did my finally Upgrade on the blanket and got the fox.. I'm not even done Im still crafting pearls!! I had bought the necklaxe and Pearl jewelry so I upgraded faster... So if UR behind try finding the things U need to upgrade and U will get UR fox!!

I will be selling everything I get to help everyone... Good luck!

alibaba789
02-07-16, 10:07 AM
My studio doesn't give me the option of crafting rose bunches. What do I do?

LuvsHorror
02-07-16, 10:23 AM
THANKS Suncatchers! That is a great time-saving tip! : )

That is why I finished so quick. That, and I'm in game rich and could afford a ton of mailboxes.

jentlezat
02-07-16, 10:58 AM
My studio doesn't give me the option of crafting rose bunches. What do I do?
I've got the same problem - I have 5 cut roses in Silo but no bunch option in Studio.
I'm thinking I have to have all 12 cut roses before it will show up. But not sure.

generalmadness
02-07-16, 11:22 AM
YOU HAVE TO BE ON THE CRAFTING GOAL TO HAVE THE OPTION TO CRAFT THE ITEM FOR THAT GOAL. If you have not cut all the roses for the current goal, you will not be able to move on to the goal that asks you to craft the bunches. That is why the option to craft bunches does not show up in your studio. Complete your CURRENT goal before you try to make stuff for the next goal. There are exceptions, such as the oyster net, but you still have to be on the goal that asks for oyster nets to be made before they will count toward that goal.

kellanrevere
02-07-16, 11:22 AM
Not there yet but thinking ahead !
I have nets and oysters that I have made. Am I correct that my oysters are good to hang on to but I will still need to make all new nets for the goal ?
What about rhinestones ? I have found about 6 and now will stop mining until I need them for the goal.
I find this challenge so difficult. I am rather new with limited barn storage, I don't want to store what I don't need but I hate to dump things that I do.

kellanrevere
02-07-16, 11:26 AM
BTW, I used real money to buy my deluxe mailbox. It gave me 5 mailboxes, 5 Valentine letters and 5 Valentine cards. I got a nice bicycle on my first mailbox turn in. :)

jaxvan
02-07-16, 11:56 AM
Not there yet but thinking ahead !
I have nets and oysters that I have made. Am I correct that my oysters are good to hang on to but I will still need to make all new nets for the goal ?
What about rhinestones ? I have found about 6 and now will stop mining until I need them for the goal.
I find this challenge so difficult. I am rather new with limited barn storage, I don't want to store what I don't need but I hate to dump things that I do.

The rhinestones are not useful to buy, as you must mine six when the goal pops up. Yes, the oysters can be used while you are still making nets, even though all of them are not finished. But you just have started to make all of the Nets for the goal to pop up.

Windracer321
02-07-16, 12:23 PM
Love Letter question for those who have finished...are they needed if you don't get mailboxes? I really need that barn space.

Thanks!!

jmterao
02-07-16, 12:25 PM
Click on the bush and hit the dollar sign to sell it you won't get anything for it

Oh geez... You would think by now I would know that! thanks!

RenZenGoddess
02-07-16, 12:42 PM
I don't have the mine, the bait shop, or the pond. Will I be able to complete this event without them? Is that part of the event going to be different for lower level players?

noemata
02-07-16, 12:49 PM
N.B. If you only have 10 tools to mine for the mining task and you fall short of the six required for the task, you can buy the remaining rhinestones from the marketplace or mine even more to reach goal.......

generalmadness
02-07-16, 01:13 PM
Love Letter question for those who have finished...are they needed if you don't get mailboxes? I really need that barn space.

Thanks!!

I am selling all mine. The mailbox payoff has been underwhelming, so I am just getting rid of the love letters.

myjacob11
02-07-16, 01:48 PM

Thanks!!

The love letters are just a huge waste of space sold every one after I got $200 and the deluxe one I got a bike it's cute but no real prizes a huge barn stuffing gimmick

Nanaof8and2great
02-07-16, 04:01 PM
Can you tell me how do I make 3 bunches of flowers when the studio or any others don't have any Valentine items.

bss0226
02-07-16, 04:52 PM
JudyandtheCat
"Btw, once you complete a step, there are no longer need for chocolate boxes, bouquets, pearl bracelets and rhinestone bracelets

Will these items show up for deliveries? I haven't seen any red heart boxes of chocolates for delivery yet, but wondered if I should hang on to them in case they do. ??[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll need them. Don't think they'll show up in deliveries. Only thing I've seen in deliveries are the plain red roses, not the bouquets. No boxed chocolates, etc

ankavale1000
02-07-16, 05:57 PM
Can you tell me how do I make 3 bunches of flowers when the studio or any others don't have any Valentine items.

are you done with event? Once you've completed all goals, the Valentine items in studio disappear.

If you're still working on the goals, you must make sure you have completed all the goals before the bouquet goal in order for the bouquet to appear in the studio. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. In other words, in order for you to make the bouquet in the studio, your current goal must be asking you to MAKE bouquets.

jaxvan
02-07-16, 06:10 PM

Thanks!!If you have coins to use, I found that the mailboxes gave darts, and have gotten 22. 22 darts cost 180 gems, so I figure I've received 180 gems for all my mostly useless coins. Not bad!! You need to have four darts in the treehouse, then they will show up there. Love letters have no other use, so sell them, if you won't use them.

igottapi4
02-07-16, 07:01 PM
I dont want the fox but wanted to upgrade the basket but Im liking it until the rose stage. So, I will be selling some Oysters and lots of cards in a few minutes.

BTW I got over 30 shears while i was in the growing flowers stage but before and after that not much. Maybe it depends on the stage you are?

I just put 74 cards for sale. Good luck :)

Mitzi111
02-07-16, 10:54 PM

Will these items show up for deliveries? I haven't seen any red heart boxes of chocolates for delivery yet, but wondered if I should hang on to them in case they do. ??

I don't think you'll need them. Don't think they'll show up in deliveries. Only thing I've seen in deliveries are the plain red roses, not the bouquets. No boxed chocolates, etc[/QUOTE]

OK. Good to know. thanks!

Mitzi111
02-07-16, 10:57 PM
I dont want the fox but wanted to upgrade the basket but Im liking it until the rose stage. So, I will be selling some Oysters and lots of cards in a few minutes.

BTW I got over 30 shears while i was in the growing flowers stage but before and after that not much. Maybe it depends on the stage you are?

I just put 74 cards for sale. Good luck :)

Are you selling in small groups? or one big 74 lot !? ..... Or did I miss the sale ?

amberp27
02-08-16, 01:50 AM
Bought a deluxe mailbox with real cash and received ONE shovel!!!! Really???? Btw I'm new to this forum. I've been reading but just signed in for the first time. Thanks everyone for the "heads up"s and accepting my requests and all the helpful hints.

kruimeltje1979
02-08-16, 02:53 AM
Hi all will be putting up Valentine items (bouquets, chocolate boxes, and cards) 2 hours from now. Also;

I WILL BE CRAFTING PEARLS AND NECKLACES FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS FOR THOSE THAT NEED THEM. PLMK IF YOU DO ��

LadyFencer
02-08-16, 03:32 AM
I have done so many deliveries and haven't gotten one pink shears. Anyone else having the same problem?

I have sent at least $12,000 in deliveries since the event started and gotten FIVE shears.

JustKay
02-08-16, 05:30 AM
I have amassed 94 valentine cards... muahahahahahaha! it's a clear path to the finish now! stocked up early just in case the drop rate gets even worse later in the time limit.

gotta love all the generous people putting useful things up for sale. so many ways to shortcut the current goals if you have pre-bought some of the items in the newspaper. the counts register when you start constructing items, so you can use up the bought items while a few are still being made.

dizzle507
02-08-16, 06:03 AM

I have amassed 94 valentine cards... muahahahahahaha! it's a clear path to the finish now! stocked up early just in case the drop rate gets even worse later in the time limit.

gotta love all the generous people putting useful things up for sale. so many ways to shortcut the current goals if you have pre-bought some of the items in the newspaper. the counts register when you start constructing items, so you can use up the bought items while a few are still being made.

I haven't seen any valentines for sale.....just about done with the net stage, but after 100s of delivers only have 9 in my barn. I need 61 more to finish.....so hope to find some soon, or maybe they can start dropping from deliveries

noemata
02-08-16, 07:36 AM
LOL @JustKay.....I'll join you....... :D muahahahahahaha!!!!!! :D

transberry
02-08-16, 09:17 AM
LOL @JustKay.....I'll join you....... :D muahahahahahaha!!!!!! :D

45 deliveries, 7 cards

But got 2 pink shears from user shops

Have 4 heart chocolate boxes but without cards can't update

Frustrating

tnt1192
02-08-16, 09:44 AM
I have sent at least $12,000 in deliveries since the event started and gotten FIVE shears.

I'm about ready to quit! I have done over 35 deliveries and have gotten ONE!! I have less then $3000 coins left, so I cant buy anything else for deliveries. At the rate I'm going, I'm never going to finish.

noemata
02-08-16, 09:46 AM
45 deliveries, 7 cards

But got 2 pink shears from user shops

Have 4 heart chocolate boxes but without cards can't update

Frustrating

The "Newspaper" can be your friend at times like these, I imagine a reasonable amount of people have got their pink fox now so extra cards will appear in newspaper and your neighbors stores....happy hunting!!!
p.s. Sometimes the Valentine's Mailbox can 'drop' cards too.

syncler78
02-08-16, 09:50 AM
I'm about ready to quit! I have done over 35 deliveries and have gotten ONE!! I have less then $3000 coins left, so I cant buy anything else for deliveries. At the rate I'm going, I'm never going to finish.

I have 1 pink shear. I will be on my farm in 15 minutes, so post on my wall when you're ready and I can sell it to you. Also, are you on the task where you need the shears? The drop rate for those is abysmal if you haven't reached that task yet, but picks up once that is the current task. You stop getting the shears once you've finished the rose task.

LuvsHorror
02-08-16, 10:10 AM
It cost me $200,000 game money to get that fox, from buying for deliveries and buying mailboxes. That's a costly pelt.

dizzle507
02-08-16, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know if the rose bushes will disappear or we can put them in storage after the event? Purchased some b4 and after the goal started. So have a lot of extras taking up space that I would like to get rid of. I sold any extra shears to help others out, but went to get rid of some of the bushes.

jdgrozda
02-08-16, 10:45 AM
Does anyone know if the rose bushes will disappear or we can put them in storage after the event? Purchased some b4 and after the goal started. So have a lot of extras taking up space that I would like to get rid of. I sold any extra shears to help others out, but went to get rid of some of the bushes.

Hmmmm I'm not sure what will happen after the event so my advice is instead of selling the shears, use the shears to get rid of the bushes and then sell the roses.