PDA

View Full Version : What is going to make you stop playing?

Anaboe
02-02-16, 05:54 PM
Over the years, TL/S8 has made some, imo, stupid changes, and left some stupid options unchanced.

* the lack of confirmationbutton, gold-traps, combined with their rufusal to undo such spendings
* the removal of the option to get gold from the quest-outpost
* lowering the amount of gold you can earn in the tournaments
* making the Tales depend on luck instead of hard work
* breaking their promise to never release more dragons than you can house on your island
* remove the option to earn gold by watching adds
* raising the cost of dragons on sale (used to be 240 gold, now 340)
* the removal cq lowering earned gold when installing and playing other games, while still advertising for them

Yes, there have been some awesome additions to the game, but they are greedier and greedier by each month.

What is gonna make you stop playing?

To me, it's the luck-factor in the Tales: the moment I can't finish a tale because of not being able to breed the right dragon or such, I'm afraid I'll loose interest.

Nb, this is by no means a bash-S8 topic, just out of curiosity, and to show S8 what chances will loose players.

DeeDe99
02-02-16, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure, Anaboe, as I haven't been playing as long as some, therefore some things aren't changes to me, they are just the way the game is.

I also have a slightly different perspective on some things, I think. I see the cost of everything goes up: petrol, food, movie tickets. Even sale items like a dress has a higher sale price this year than last year. So I expect games will follow a similar economic path. Sad, but it is the way the world is.

The Tales luck versus hard work question: well, it is a game, so luck is a part of it, I suppose.

As for the space considerations, I do think S8 MUST enable the display of all dragons. I do understand development lead times etc etc, but it must be the ultimate development objective.

The ads - that was never fully implemented and only a few players had it (I never got it) so any change means nothing to me personally.

I agree with you on the reducing the rewards and the gold prizes in tournaments - not good decisions in my view. Removing gold from the quest was also shortsighted.

feonalily
02-02-16, 06:38 PM
probably when I run out of room in my game.
or if I get too annoyed with the lag/slow load time

DeeDe99
02-02-16, 06:39 PM
probably when I run out of room in my game.
or if I get too annoyed with the lag/slow load time

Now there IS something that would stop me playing - response time/performance!

belarica
02-02-16, 06:59 PM
Now there IS something that would stop me playing - response time/performance!

Yep that's pretty much the only thing I can think of that would make me quit.

zenkitty99
02-02-16, 07:22 PM
Like DeeDee, I'm not a long time player, so am not aware of some of the changes mentioned. But for me there are two circumstances which would probably see me quitting the game for good:

1. It reached the point where the cost of dragons, habitats etc were raised too high and the gold rewards reduced too low, so it just became too difficult to make purchases without spending real money.

2. Losing too much gold to a gold trap that S8 refused to reinstate!

I love this game and the fact that I can play it without spending money on it if I don't want too (I sometimes do, but I know its totally optional). But if I ever feel like I HAVE to spend money to enjoy the game, then I'm outta here. There's plenty of other games I could be wasting my time on ;)

deucedeuce22
02-02-16, 07:37 PM
Several days to expand has ****ed the game for me. Anything new I breed now needs to sit on the nest until I can get another expansion done, and I just don't care enough to plan ahead anymore.

hiabarara
02-03-16, 05:24 AM
I guess two things would end it for me.

- Not being able to display all my dragons. I know many players already have this problem, but I couldn't deal with it so easily. I don't see any point in trying my best at Tournaments, World Events, Dragon Tales etc. if I can't even show my won dragons. What's the point? Hoping and praying that one day I might be able to display 5 more dragons when I still have 100 other dragons in my storage? No, thank you.

- Not being able to start the game. Duh. Obviously I wouldn't be able to play it anymore then. But that's something I'm worried about because I'm still playing on the Halloween version and can't open any other versions. So I'm worried one day they'll delete the Halloween version or I won't get a really important update (e.g. more land, Arctic Isles).

I'm also annoyed by the gold changes and gold traps (lost 500 gold a few days ago and as Anaboe mentioned the support won't help). The gold changes probably won't stop me immediately, but I could imagine that I would simply stop playing if I ever lose a really high amount of gold again, especially if I needed the gold at that moment (e.g. there's a new Treasure or Diamond on sale and I'm saving up my gold, but then I step right into a gold trap and lose it all).

freshfunin2008
02-03-16, 08:56 AM
lag and slowness of course but I think many would quit if we ever fail to meet the final goal in a world event.

Xyn25
02-03-16, 11:19 AM
For me, it would be lack of new content such as tournaments and tales, that gives me something to do besides breeding and planting food. I used to play Fashion Story but without monthly goals it became mind numbingly boring.
Also the lack of space to display dragons, a problem that I don't have yet but I can see it coming.

DragonPhoenix6
02-03-16, 11:33 AM
Hey guys, I am a new player but I already have around 80 dragons at level 57, lately I have been using breeding combos of super rare dragons on levels 9 and 10 but I am ONLY getting COMMON dragons one after another!
My latest attempts results were in this order:
Love
Island
Island
Island
Island
Coral
And the latest egg on my nest will take 20 hours to hatch so most likely is another island egg!
Is that normal? Does it happen to anyone else too?
Please help!

Natasha_07
02-03-16, 02:21 PM
I only have availability for 2 more habitats after that I'm maxed out, yet I hardly ever breed anything new.

Plus I'm sick of the constant crashing on android, as usual they always blame the player's device it doesn't matter if it's the most recent Samsung tablet or not, it's our side at fault.

TheMeridian
02-03-16, 03:46 PM
Yes, there have been some awesome additions to the game, but they are greedier and greedier by each month.

You are aware of the fact that S8/TeamLava is a business right? Their ultimate goal is to make a profit like any other business, how else would S8/TL pay their employee's, finance the game, pay for new content, updates, the DS (and other) forums, etc - this is not called being greedy, it's being a successful business. They aren't in business just to give us a free game, contests, sales, promotions, content, updates, etc - we are lucky that they choose to give us these things, S8/TL could charge us, the customers, just to download & play the game as many other businesses do, they could choose to not give us ways to earn free gold daily like many other businesses! They could stop giving us new content & updates every week like many other game developers. They could stop having sale, community events, contests, etc like many other businesses. S8/TL chooses to give their customers these things at their own expense so when you think about it S8/TL is actually pretty generous to their customers, not greedy!

Lurker2
02-03-16, 04:13 PM
I couldn't finish the Royal Flush Dragon Tales because whoever set up Chapter 10 screwed up.

Skipping the Noble Crystal requirement in Act 2 should also have skipped the Act 3 requirement to raise Jack to level 12.

It worked that way in the previous Dragon Tales.

If that kind of programming error keeps happening, the game will become impossible to play.

DeeDe99
02-03-16, 06:15 PM
You are aware of the fact that S8/TeamLava is a business right? Their ultimate goal is to make a profit like any other business, how else would S8/TL pay their employee's, finance the game, pay for new content, updates, the DS (and other) forums, etc - this is not called being greedy, it's being a successful business. They aren't in business just to give us a free game, contests, sales, promotions, content, updates, etc - we are lucky that they choose to give us these things, S8/TL could charge us, the customers, just to download & play the game as many other businesses do, they could choose to not give us ways to earn free gold daily like many other businesses! They could stop giving us new content & updates every week like many other game developers. They could stop having sale, community events, contests, etc like many other businesses. S8/TL chooses to give their customers these things at their own expense so when you think about it S8/TL is actually pretty generous to their customers, not greedy!

Ditto.

jim23cash
02-04-16, 01:17 AM
Hey guys, I am a new player but I already have around 80 dragons at level 57, lately I have been using breeding combos of super rare dragons on levels 9 and 10 but I am ONLY getting COMMON dragons one after another!
My latest attempts results were in this order:
Love
Island
Island
Island
Island
Coral
And the latest egg on my nest will take 20 hours to hatch so most likely is another island egg!
Is that normal? Does it happen to anyone else too?
Please help!

Yeah, the more Dragons you already have, the less new ones you will get by breeding. And there is a reason some are called "Common". You get them most of the time.
I've been trying for one I'm missing since it came out, Duchess. I've had almost ALL island fails, with a few Poison, Serpent, Night, Penumbra (25 hours!), and a couple of others. Most times my 4 nests have 3 islands and a Poison . :(
It's much better when there are lots of "fails" you don't already have. Oh well, cest la vie!
Good luck! Annie :D

jjblueyes
02-04-16, 01:29 AM
Well I've been here long enough to be annoyed with many things. I still play because I still get enjoyment. I get to where I have something happen and I'm so upset but I still find myself playing. I've had several of these "deal breakers" happen to me. I can't nearly display all my dragons and I've been played into a corner several
times with being land or habitat locked. I'm not going to go into things I've lost or issues in the games I've had. That's personal to me & I've worked with the company to resolve things. Not everything has been but enough that I can still play. Some can't possibly know the depths of these things because the history isnt there for them. I don't expect someone playing for 6 months to be at the end of any rope. I don't judge that they see things differently. I hope that goes both ways.
The business thing, sure. Businesses need to make money. When I pay a good amount of money and then have things not go well, as a customer I can feel cranky about it. If I didn't believe this game deserved to make money I wouldn't have spent as much as I have.
I personally know many people who've hit their wall & quit playing, I know a few folks who are getting close. I'm still here.
Have a blessed week all.
Jen

DragonPhoenix6
02-04-16, 10:03 AM
Hey Annie, many thanks for your reply, it is great to start understanding this game better by hearing feedback from experienced players as yourself ��
I guess I will keep trying to breed new dragons as I love this game!
Good luck on breeding the Duchess, I am sure you will get it soon! ����

Anaboe
02-04-16, 11:02 AM
You are aware of the fact that S8/TeamLava is a business right?
Yes, but that doesn't mean they have to lower the change the things they did change. There have been tournaments rewarding 15 gold for over 2 years now, and all of a sudden, they change it to 6 or 9 gold? You can't tell me their business depends on those few gold, and if so, it's bad business. To us it's a dissapointing change, and I really doubt if it is a change that enlarges the profit they make.

To me, those small changes can't really beschikbaar a difference for the companies business, but it's just a sign of greed. Even more when they keep denying us the confirmation-button, and at the same time refuse to undo unwanted buys.

And if they really need our money, they can tell us, just like Wikipedia does.

But like I said, it's no bash topic, I'm just curious what is going to make others stop playing, and I'm hoping S8 does something good with the information.

boringame
02-04-16, 11:42 AM
I think I'm done with the game now. Just wish I could donate my dragons to other people. I've got 8 diamond and a treasure dragon. All earned and not bought and I would like to give them to the 1 person that has consistently given me gold since I started.

Clark_Wayne
02-04-16, 11:44 AM
what can makes me stop at the moment is their REALLY annoying ads ! :mad:
i understand they need to put some for business but is it really needed to put it in the middle of battles ? when you are collecting crops ? when you are sending quest ?
besides i play several s8 games so i saw them each time i open their games ! so they are getting on my nerves !

freshfunin2008
02-04-16, 11:54 AM
yeah those ads suck. I fear it will become a new way to have a gold trap. As it is the pop up at odd times and not just when you open the game. I can be playing for a while and moving around and that is when you can be a victim of a gold trap and then all of a sudden the ad pops up. Pretty lame.

zaccy678
02-04-16, 12:38 PM
Historically the 3 things that have caused me to quit other TL/S8 games for good have been:

1) losing too many gems/gold in a gem trap, and being overcome with frustration :mad:

2) an event which I put a lot of effort into, but which was impossibly hard for a full time worker

3) Lack of updates which caused the game to get boring

Hmm... At least DS has plenty of updates.. ;)

zyfazix
02-04-16, 03:00 PM
Top frustrations are the gold traps, crashing and advertisements. I'm seriously getting sick of the last two every time I play. I generally like the events and new dragons but there's only so many annoyances I care to deal with before giving up

harobeda
02-05-16, 08:18 AM
I did quit. For about two months or so. Missed the first world event (no pyramid dragon for me). My mom who plays also, asked me to just go in daily to send her gold... after I started doing that I got sucked back in hardcore mainly because of the updates. Sometimes it feels like the updates come too fast and heavy, but I enjoy it overall! Not sure what would make me full on quit currently... first time was mainly because it was boring me (think pre-events, I don't think they had battles then either, etc). Looking up the dates/times the first world event that I missed was in March and battles were way before, beta tested May 2013. But I didn't battle much before last Fall. So early last year I was playing a different app more than DS. But once the events kicked in, I got sucked in more than before.

ericrypt
02-05-16, 09:49 AM
NOTHING WILL MAKE ME QUIT.

signed,

Hardcore:cool:

amerirish
02-05-16, 09:58 AM

signed,

LOL - I must be a masochist because I can't imagine quitting either, despite the many frustrations in this game. I just wish we had room for more dragons; I have sooooo many eggs in storage and that really bothers me :mad:

sugarteddys
02-05-16, 12:14 PM

signed,

hahaha AGREED! :D
but what DOES frustrate me is :
1- the impossibility of the recent tourneys, since i've been missing out on quite a few bosses despite my best efforts
2- the impossibility of breeding the recent dragons; i used gold to speed up, used boosted breeding, still missing out on ALL the recent new ones, from past present to this deep freeze
3- the impossibility of getting free gold to save up for a gold producing dragon, since theyre being stingy again
4- like everyone else, the constant crashes and more than the crashes, the multitude of bombs and dynamite i loose because of it!

oh and mind you, the tales are tough, its just that its the only surefire way to get dragons, so i save food :P

DeeDe99
02-05-16, 08:16 PM
what can makes me stop at the moment is their REALLY annoying ads ! :mad:
i understand they need to put some for business but is it really needed to put it in the middle of battles ? when you are collecting crops ? when you are sending quest ?
besides i play several s8 games so i saw them each time i open their games ! so they are getting on my nerves !

I must have a special app. I NEVER get ads. All I get are the game notifications when I sign in. And then only after the update and the second time (usually reminders). What are these ads about/for?

The fact there are no ads is one of the things I love about it.

pod5124cra
02-05-16, 11:08 PM
To expensive (cash grab), to many fails in breeding, not being able to send more than 3 gold, no other options for getting gold, dragons and habits too expensive 2000 gold for a dragon is a total rip off. And harvesting food to costly for [] return.

telekinatis
02-06-16, 02:10 AM
I am getting pretty much close to stopping as it is. I have been trying for 2 months to get a Gemstone dragon and all I get are the common ones. It used to be easier to get a rare or super rare. Was able to usually after a week for super rare, but this is beyond ridiculous. It has pretty much stopped me from trying for limited, because I figure if I can't get a dragon that is a part of a basic untimed quest then what hope do I have of any limited ones now?

They are throwing out far too many dragons and not allowing for it to be a casual game that it used to be when I started over a year ago. I am only able to get on once a day as I like to think I have a life and other interests, so they make the timed quests and events rather limited for players like me, especially when things take so long to build up, like food and maps.

The costs of dragons are too much especially when you are from Australia. They do realise that lowering the cost of gold will ensure more spending on them and make them more money in the long run?

Plus I have noticed that their newer games are not compatible with a lot of devices. I have two tablets, a Nexus 7 and a Samsung tab 3 lite - none can play the newer games so it makes me worried if they decide to do an update or a Dragon Story 2 and I can no longer play.

All I got when asking for help from them about that issue and about the lack of suucess for the dragon breeding issue was a generic apology and a we'll "look" into it and here is the link to the forums. I even asked about why it was so hard to get a dragon on the "Lucky" Wheel. I class it as a miracle if I even get a dragon on that! And suggested better rewards so people didn't feel jipped when all they got was some item that would make winning a few bucks at a real pokie machine feel more worthwhile. I mean seriously 30 golds for what a thousand food or 3 maps? That is a rip off.

I mean I really love this game but it feels like all they are doing now is making you feel rushed, bogged down and frustrated because there is a definite guarentee that you will always miss out on a lot of dragons due to time and money. I am so not going to mind if I get a month where all I need to do is build up food and level up my dragons.

pernmagic
02-06-16, 02:26 AM
Reasonably happy with most of it and play regularly but beginning to feel overwhelmed by the frequency of the tales but just choose how far I want to go to complete each one .... Being a long term player I have a good selection of dragons so can choose what I decide to complete ...... And it's addictive but thought provoking with a good forum so I play .... No great complaints just minor irritatations really

Simdiva
02-06-16, 03:02 AM
In total agreement with pernmagic, took the words out of my mouth. I have nothing to really complain about other than my own terrible typing. Love the game, the forum and the great friends I have made here. I will also be very happy when I am no longer a rhino keeper lol.

Hawk1
02-06-16, 10:58 AM
I like DS except for my lack of luck breeding limited dragons, Hot Chocolate is the only new dragon I've bred since October. Not one Halloween, Christmas, New Year or the latest Deep Freeze. It is beyond frustrating and yet I continue to play because of Tales, Community Events and Tournaments "shrugs"... Plus I like the mining and arena dragons.

Clark_Wayne
02-06-16, 10:59 PM
I must have a special app. I NEVER get ads. All I get are the game notifications when I sign in. And then only after the update and the second time (usually reminders). What are these ads about/for?

The fact there are no ads is one of the things I love about it.

ads to play s8 games ;) since i won't play them because no golds reward , each time i open my baby account, i got their ads ! :mad:

Sandybellee
02-07-16, 02:07 AM
Since it is a breeding game, I think what would stop me playing is not being able to breed anything new for too long.

DeeDe99
02-09-16, 02:41 AM
One word: Coral.

busybee222
02-09-16, 04:15 AM
Gold trap, impossible breeding will discourage me from playing

Niire
02-09-16, 06:02 AM
One word: Coral.

After these last 2 limited, if we pooled our corals together, we could make a great barrier reef in the upper lefthand corner! :(

deucedeuce22
02-11-16, 10:08 AM
I'm quitting after the event ends. I checked my storage--over 100 unique dragons that need a space, and what is the point of a breeding game if you can't display things? I'm not going to spend the months of time needed to expand, and being gridlocked for days at a time doesn't work anymore.

I put off quitting as long as possible, because I wanted to use up my gems. That just isn't possible anymore. Thanks for the fun few years of gameplay. Restaurant Story will be the only storm8 game left for me.

bakerystoe
02-12-16, 12:35 AM
I have no word for this...

Iloveasherbuns
02-12-16, 08:59 PM

I am getting pretty much close to stopping as it is. I have been trying for 2 months to get a Gemstone dragon and all I get are the common ones. It used to be easier to get a rare or super rare. Was able to usually after a week for super rare, but this is beyond ridiculous. It has pretty much stopped me from trying for limited, because I figure if I can't get a dragon that is a part of a basic untimed quest then what hope do I have of any limited ones now?

They are throwing out far too many dragons and not allowing for it to be a casual game that it used to be when I started over a year ago. I am only able to get on once a day as I like to think I have a life and other interests, so they make the timed quests and events rather limited for players like me, especially when things take so long to build up, like food and maps.

The costs of dragons are too much especially when you are from Australia. They do realise that lowering the cost of gold will ensure more spending on them and make them more money in the long run?

Plus I have noticed that their newer games are not compatible with a lot of devices. I have two tablets, a Nexus 7 and a Samsung tab 3 lite - none can play the newer games so it makes me worried if they decide to do an update or a Dragon Story 2 and I can no longer play.

All I got when asking for help from them about that issue and about the lack of suucess for the dragon breeding issue was a generic apology and a we'll "look" into it and here is the link to the forums. I even asked about why it was so hard to get a dragon on the "Lucky" Wheel. I class it as a miracle if I even get a dragon on that! And suggested better rewards so people didn't feel jipped when all they got was some item that would make winning a few bucks at a real pokie machine feel more worthwhile. I mean seriously 30 golds for what a thousand food or 3 maps? That is a rip off.

I mean I really love this game but it feels like all they are doing now is making you feel rushed, bogged down and frustrated because there is a definite guarentee that you will always miss out on a lot of dragons due to time and money. I am so not going to mind if I get a month where all I need to do is build up food and level up my dragons.

I agree with everything you said. Even when I use my precious gold to breed dragons, I still get common ones most of the time. It's infuriating! I have ZERO luck when it comes to the Spin Wheel game. I've probably won like 3 dragons and I've been playing this game for like almost a year. I was pissed when they took away our free 6 gold and gave us 3, but I'm even more pissed that they took away the ads all together now! I was relying on those ads to help speed up the time on breeding/eggs/evolution because I have like 300,000 food so I don't need their pitiful x100 food they're giving us. It's pathetic.

Anaboe
02-13-16, 04:12 AM
It's good to see different types of playing.
I for one, don't use gold to breed, or speed, or Spin-the-Wheel. Instead, I use gold to win the difficult round during a tournament (60 gold for a new Tournament-dragon is cheap imo), and to buy dragons on sale.

Since they stopped giving gold for watching adds, I stopped watching them altogether: 100 food ain't doing it for me (I have over 2,200,000 food).

And having lots (over 150) of dragons in storage doesn't bother me at all. I know I have them, and that's good enough for me.

So that's not gonna make me quit.

Thinking about opening a topic on what features you like most, to give some counterweight to this topic :)

kasumi2012
02-13-16, 05:08 AM
Over the years, TL/S8 has made some, imo, stupid changes, and left some stupid options unchanced.

* the lack of confirmationbutton, gold-traps, combined with their rufusal to undo such spendings
* the removal of the option to get gold from the quest-outpost
* lowering the amount of gold you can earn in the tournaments
* making the Tales depend on luck instead of hard work
* breaking their promise to never release more dragons than you can house on your island
* remove the option to earn gold by watching adds
* raising the cost of dragons on sale (used to be 240 gold, now 340)
* the removal cq lowering earned gold when installing and playing other games, while still advertising for them

What is gonna make you stop playing?

To me, it's the luck-factor in the Tales: the moment I can't finish a tale because of not being able to breed the right dragon or such, I'm afraid I'll loose interest.

Nb, this is by no means a bash-S8 topic, just out of curiosity, and to show S8 what chances will loose players.

What makes me stopping for playing is when this game abandoned by S8. When no update nothing new, well this is not about how i like this games, but how S8 make this game not another boring games and makes me like it.

Myrta5
02-16-16, 08:20 PM
What makes me stopping for playing is when this game abandoned by S8. When no update nothing new, well this is not about how i like this games, but how S8 make this game not another boring games and makes me like it.

This events that is impossible to finish on time made me crazy that I try to got everything on time and never got all the dragons this time I got stuck trying for a Fuzzy 😱 only got two of the dragons and the wheel OMG!!!! I think is broken only got food or coins 😳 and the game keep crashing sometimes is so annoying oh well!!! I will keep playing for now 😕

irishcoffee30
02-19-16, 10:33 PM
Gold trap. Every time I get 100 pieces of gold the game suddenly thinks I need apples. I have plenty of food and don't need any more stupid apples. This is at least the third time. It takes me at least three months to earn that much, more if I try and complete tournaments. And if you email Storm8 they say there is nothing they can do. They need to change the button or add another level of approval on it.

tify74
02-21-16, 03:53 AM
I too stopped playing 3-4 months ago. I still like the game but the constant new content stressed the hell out of me. I couldnt try for all the dragons released, and the about 3 weeks u had to get lucky on the time limited ones were just way to little.
I get that they want us to spend real money, they have to live too, but its what they want us to spend gold on. For me spending gold on boosted breeding, speeding up or even buying a dragon feels like *****ing, and that is what broke the game for me. I would happily have spend gold on something else to keep playing, but because they made it impossible to get the dragons the "oldfashioned way", there just was no point anymore.
As others have said previously in this tread, the cost of things in s8 games r mindblowing. They r so high that it seems like they r trying to discourage us from it. Well thats my 2 cents.

pattymimi
02-24-16, 05:10 AM
Gold trap and no room for dragons

Anaboe
02-25-16, 08:05 AM
I was just thinking by myself: there should be more dragons becoming limited.

For example, when you want to breed Mask, you need pink and night in your breeding den. This gives you 50 possible outcomes! For me, of these 50, I already have almost all those dragons.
I only miss
Dapper (rare, red/black)
3 primals
Charisma (rare, purple/pink)
Pixie (rare, purple/pink
Flamingo (rare black/pink)
Mask (rare, black/pink)

So the chance of breeding one of those, is very, very slim, especially because all of them have 1 splitting color in them (black, pink, purple) and most even 2.

So, not breeding anything new for over 2 months, is sometimes very, very frustrating. It's on those moments, I'm happy I can always get dragons thru other ways (crafting mining, crafting arena, winning tournaments, tales and events, spin-the-wheel, even buying for gold my 5 gold-dragons give me).

kat8rose
02-26-16, 05:46 PM
Too much iOS only content drove me out of other games, so....that's for sure.

Crash, crash, crash ...lose bombs and dynamite, cannot write or visit....it's coming soon for me.

Jagger517
03-01-16, 01:55 AM
...I mean I really love this game but it feels like all they are doing now is making you feel rushed, bogged down and frustrated because there is a definite guarentee that you will always miss out on a lot of dragons due to time and money.

That is exactly how I've been feeling about this game for the past week!

The Prize Fighter tournament was nearly impossible for pretty much every single player. Most had to use Ultimate to progress, or else had to speed up after losing 10+ times against several of the opponents.

It's clear to me that the tourney was so difficult in order to force us to buy gold.

And now, they're suddenly announced that 8 random dragons are being suddenly retired, which is ostensibly to make it easier for us to breed other dragons but really, how could it when A) none of those dragons are Common, and B) none of them have excessively long breed/hatch times... so HOW is removing those dragons helpful at all? Not to mention that there was only ONE freaking week's notice, too!

I *really* wanted to believe that the sudden dragon retirements were done to help us players, and the company is simply misguided but innocent of any sort of malice in the situation. But I've realised the truth: Clearly, the intention was to introduce a sense of urgency among players, forcing us to drop everything and try to breed those dragons... "and oh, btw, since you're so short on time, don't forget that you can use gold to speed up breeding and hatching times. Isn't that thoughtful of us, to provide such a great resource to help you achieve your goals?"

Yeah, right. :mad:

Anaboe
03-01-16, 09:19 AM
The Prize Fighter tournament was nearly impossible for pretty much every single player. Most had to use Ultimate to progress, or else had to speed up after losing 10+ times against several of the opponents.

It's clear to me that the tourney was so difficult in order to force us to buy gold.
I'm sorry to say, but I didn't spent any more gold on this Tournament, than I spent on any other Tournaments. All tournaments (exept those where I'm extremely lucky and defeat round 20 en 25 in the first or second blow) cost me 60 gold: 2 ultimates.

But I only once bought gold, to buy a Diamond-dragon. I still make +/- 25 gold a day, and all my gold-giving dragons were saved for, by the gold I recieved from my neighbors.

And now, they're suddenly announced that 8 random dragons are being suddenly retired, which is ostensibly to make it easier for us to breed other dragons but really, how could it when A) none of those dragons are Common, and B) none of them have excessively long breed/hatch times... so HOW is removing those dragons helpful at all? Not to mention that there was only ONE freaking week's notice, too!

I *really* wanted to believe that the sudden dragon retirements were done to help us players, and the company is simply misguided but innocent of any sort of malice in the situation. But I've realised the truth: Clearly, the intention was to introduce a sense of urgency among players, forcing us to drop everything and try to breed those dragons... "and oh, btw, since you're so short on time, don't forget that you can use gold to speed up breeding and hatching times. Isn't that thoughtful of us, to provide such a great resource to help you achieve your goals?"

Yeah, right. :mad:

I understand that it's a hustle for low level players, but let's be honest: Mindvolt has been around since April 2012! It's not like you didn't have the time to get them... Yes, if you started playing just a few months ago, you would run out of time. But there have been limited dragons alwayys. So when you didn't play right from the beginning, there will always be dragons you wil never have. These going limited isn't any different from any other dragon expiring.

Jagger517
03-01-16, 03:06 PM
I understand that it's a hustle for low level players, but let's be honest: Mindvolt has been around since April 2012! It's not like you didn't have the time to get them... Yes, if you started playing just a few months ago, you would run out of time.

I DID just start playing a few months ago. Just under two months, in fact (beginning of January). So no, I didn't have time to get them. And these are plain old dragons, not fancy-pants limited edition ones like Spicy or Lumberjack. A couple of them are even needed for goals and/or quests!

If TPTB want to start making more dragons limited, that's cool... but then they shouldn't flat out LIE TO US and claim that it's about making our game easier when it clearly isn't.

Jagger517
03-01-16, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry to say, but I didn't spent any more gold on this Tournament, than I spent on any other Tournaments. All tournaments (exept those where I'm extremely lucky and defeat round 20 en 25 in the first or second blow) cost me 60 gold: 2 ultimates.

Maybe *you* didn't have to spend any more gold on this tourney, but reading the thread, many players did. And many others were pulling their hair out in frustration, stuck battling the same enemy over and over again until the RNG magically turned in their favour.

I'm not naive and I'm certainly not stupid; I expected this tourney to be difficult for me. After all, I'm a brand-new player and didn't have any Champions or Diamonds to fight with. But it was SO difficult that it actually reached the point where it wasn't even enjoyable for me anymore. I was setting my phone's timer to go off every hour so I could try YET AGAIN to defeat Templar or Guardian or Big Bad... how is that fun?!?

I understand that you still love DS &/or S8 and want to defend it/them, but as for me... I might just be done, I haven't decided yet. :mad:

freshfunin2008
03-01-16, 03:46 PM
If Flat Foot quits, I might quit as well. LOL

Anaboe
03-01-16, 05:15 PM
Jagger, no need to be snappy, I'm just trying to help.

Chances of winning a tournament when you only just reached lvl 32 or even lvl 50 are slim indeed and I feel for you: I was over lvl 100 when I first joined a Tournament (back then it wasn't available on Android, so I couldn't battle until I switched from Android to iOS).

The trick is saving gold (for atleast 7 ultimates, if you have 3 gold-giving neighbors, it will take about 50-70 days to get that amount, given you can also make something from winning certain rounds in the tournament, and often installing and playing new games), waiting for the right tournament (not a flash-tournament, one with a champion and you must have 6 days of plenty time to play) and very, very carefull planning.

Tactics:
Usually, at the first day, the whole line-up for the whole tournament is known. Take an Excel-sheet, list every oponent in that sheet including their color and level, and calculate what dragons give you the best chance to win.
Then, look at the number of rounds which have an incredibly low chance of winning. If that tournament has less of those levels than you can use ultimate on, go for it. Use ultimate in the first round you encounter (third blow, don't waste the chances you have on a lucky blow the first or second blow) those difficult, difficult rounds: it will save you tons of time and make your line up for the spa managable.

If you foresee too many ultra-difficult rounds, just play the tournament, but save your gold for a next one.

This got me my first Champion, and next tournament was far more easy.

Don't spend your gold on speeding, or boosted breeding, that's a waste of money (imo). I don't like to gamble, and I can be patient (atleast with this game, lol), so gold is only spend on Tournaments and buying dragons. Carefull planning and patience will get you (almost) anything in this game.

I surely hope you'll find enjoyment in this game again, and if not: I hope you will find another game you enjoy :)

For now, I whish you good luck!

ladymakay
03-01-16, 09:59 PM
As a new player in the battles, I'm only playing tournaments for fun and the experience. I have no battle plan or knowledge of which dragons to use against the opponent, therefore I spend no gold as it would be a waste. Honestly, I'm just testing the water, getting a feel for what works and what doesn't. It's tricky, I had several very experienced and seasoned players tell me to use certain dragons, they bombed, I gambled on a lvl 7 Clown (which was the least likely to have a chance ) and finally beat the bully :) There will be many more tournaments, I'll be patient, learn a thing or two along the way and then get serious about winning.

Anaboe
03-02-16, 03:55 AM
Way to go, Lady Makay :)

What just popped to my mind: anything too easy, isn't worth achieving. When I enter a game, and I win everything, without a hustle, without learning, it's no fun. The fun is in trying, learning, getting better and better. Not in getting everything for free without even trying.

ladymakay
03-02-16, 08:58 AM
You're exactly right! I've played games that were effortless, therefore boring and I quickly lost interest. I play the events, sometimes I get the prize dragons, sometimes I fall short, either way I enjoy the anticipation ☺. Same with breeding, I like to just throw 2 in the den and see what happens, ironically I got a Diamond dragon very early on, truth be told, I didn't even know what a diamond dragon was lol. As for tournaments, I play until it's apparent that I'm not going further, but I still enjoy it.

AnglChk507
03-02-16, 09:30 AM
Yeah i agree! But whats really going to make me stop playing this game will be the frustration that the people on this site bring me! And no not you guys but the people like elsa kooky ect who remove post even when nothing bad is said how they delete parts they dont wanna see. How i can say a fact they call it a lie. The game itself i can live with the frustrations. But i cant deal with people who have a little power and let it take overand the outcome is them... If i ever quit the game it will be because of elsa and kooky. And im not exaggerating this is the only site i liked past tense for help but i cant stand how they claim to run it. So if i dont have a site im gone with the game

farmdrone
03-02-16, 09:52 AM
The gambling aspect of the tales I.e. Breeding a specific dragon is high on my list and made me stop playing for a few days and making it less affordable to play then before.

ladymakay
03-02-16, 10:12 AM
I can understand that, I've read countless threads with legitimate complaints and questions that go unanswered or flat out refuse to address the issue and then close the thread! I find that highly disrespectful and unprofessional, the worst thing you can do to a person is dismiss them, and sadly that seems to happen quite often here.

Jagger517
03-03-16, 06:17 PM
Jagger, no need to be snappy, I'm just trying to help.

I apologize, Anaboe. I regret the negative tone in my replies. I see now that I misconstrued your replies, and *chose* to take them as critical, when they weren't.

I surely hope you'll find enjoyment in this game again, and if not: I hope you will find another game you enjoy :) For now, I wish you good luck!

Thank you, that's very kind.

I'm in a better mood now, and am still playing!

emika2003
03-03-16, 06:27 PM
The thing that will make me stop playing is the errors. Anyone who plays storm8 games can see this. Once, I had a million coins in Bakery Story and 48 gems. The next day, I looked at my phone and there were 24 gems and 500,000 coins. If storm8 stopped the errors, everyone would love these games. I bought the game for $0.99 but instead of good quality, I got an error full game.

orleansparish
03-03-16, 08:01 PM
I am close to not playing anymore. I check the game once a day. Only to collect my gold, replant food (if I can be bothered), gift neighbors and do a new dragon. I cant even tell the last time I participated in and won a battle dragon. I didnt even finish the movie event for the last dragon. NEVER happened before, aside of the 1st event when they gave varying amount of parts for what we planted. I havent gotten a new dragons in weeks or months either.

The game has become tedious. No new food to plant or larger quantities. Rinse and repeat money grabbing storybook adventures. Where they make the battle more complicated to entice/force someone to need to spend gold to finish. I didnt finish the last 2 or 3. Throwing dragons at us over and over again, 2/3 every week. No time to breathe in between.

No new or fun features.

Even thought ive spend hundreds or more on this game over the years. Im just tired of the rinse and repeat. I have about 1500 gold saved again. Ill use it for when another treasure dragon comes, other than that its blah to me.

Im able to do more at home with my money now, but the entertainment is gone.

fluffpuff21
03-03-16, 08:27 PM
Gold traps are the biggest ones for me. How hard is it to add a confirmation button? I know of other games that have one and I legitimately almost cried when I accidentally spent 250 gold that I collected from neighbors while my game was lagging. It's hard enough to collect gold, but it sucks when you have this fear in the back of your mind that a few wrong touches and all that could be gone.

mayday2001
03-04-16, 08:38 AM
This is a breeding game. One new dragon in almost 2 months is making this game boring for me. I do not like to buy dragons as I like to breed them but this is getting ridiculous. I have none of the new Xmas dragons, no deep freeze, daydream, beaded, etc. I've tried for beaded non stop since released 3 weeks ago. Odds seem a lot worse than they used to be. Also lost 1000 gold recently buying coins by mistake. And of course no refund. I'm about ready to be done

motox20
03-04-16, 12:07 PM
The Tales events are really starting to irk me, I mean they're becoming so often and the cost of leveling the dragons required to advance the event are just far too high that I have so many other dragons just sitting at level 7 cause I can't feed them if I want a chance at getting the final dragon. Not to mention having to breed a specific dragon which relies on luck, granted they're common ones but still.... That on top of what the OP mentioned, it's all making me want to log on less and less each day. The way DS is going I really don't see myself playing it much longer, unless they implement some changes to show that they're not greedy S.O.B.'s just trying to nickel and dime us.....

JMThrive
03-05-16, 08:49 AM
The fact that even though I am conected to internet, albeit with slow connection, DS says I have no internet connection!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kennedward
03-06-16, 02:16 AM
To reply to the topic:

I have greatly reduced my playing time as compared to before, because I already have tons of dragons, and pretty much every dragon that I like or want. So while I still play Tales events and tournaments, I'm no longer as eager to finish them as I did before, cause I really don't care much about more dragons.

Getting more dragons means nothing to me, as I'm clearing the land slowly but it seems with so many dragons in the game, I'll not catch up clearing the land and placing all the dragons from my storage to a habitat on land.

Anyways, I have other games to play and now I just play DS leisurely.

Anaboe
03-31-16, 02:40 AM
This new event is bothering me more than I can say. I do not want to compeet over a stupid dragon, knowing that, if I win, somebody else will loose.

Kennedward
03-31-16, 06:54 AM
This new event is bothering me more than I can say. I do not want to compeet over a stupid dragon, knowing that, if I win, somebody else will loose.

Agreed

bullwine
04-03-16, 09:00 PM
Exhaustion is what's going to make me stop. I used to look forward to the next event. We had a little bit of recuperation time between things. Now there's event after event after event and I can't keep up with my life and this game at the same time. It's gotten overwhelming.

Kennedward
04-03-16, 09:12 PM
Agreed, it's just the same as how new dragons seem to keep on coming out, I used to have fun collecting when the game had only 300 or so dragons, now it has become frustrating to find space for them all

snowyhillz
04-04-16, 12:52 PM
I took a break for a while and played other games, but now I have renewed interest...... If you find it overwhelming just have a break or just participate in the areas that interest you at the moment

Sawabugh
04-04-16, 02:27 PM

I agree, I hate this type of event. It was common on a fish game I stopped playing, hoping this doesn't become a common thing on this one.

I also agree with much of what the op said. The refusal to help customers/clients by refusing to fix a gold-trap-gold-zap is leaving a nasty taste. That's not a smart way to instill trust, nor does it make me want to open my wallet for what feels like crookery.

I also don't like how hard it is to return visits since we can no longer access our wall from nbrs' islands....(makes it painfuly slow and no real incentive to visit once you have enough coins. The slow lag loading time is hard enough on big islands)

And the Battle Arena is too ridiculously hard on regular non-tourney days.

I'm frequently stuck for days on Arctic or other difficult very high level opponents, leading to a backlog in healing and difficulty earning the items needed for the crafting dragon.

It often makes me feel like giving up on this game.

I have taken long breaks and most days I just log on to gift since Breeding new dragons seems impossible and earning them other ways is feeling just as hard.

If you're newer to the game, be careful what you wish for and enjoy your journey as you level because you may find that it only gets much harder and not much fun left in higher levels unless you can spend a ton on gold.

kkstimpson
04-04-16, 02:33 PM
Getting really close for me. I am very annoyed with the gold situations...no lock or confirm, no reinstated gold, less gold prizes while requiring more work, less games to cover gold needed to win. I was winning all that I tried for if I worked at it but now it is impossible sometimes. .almost like a brick wall...I lost my first tournament even with trying 20x. The very next tournament..fool dragon, I was unable to pass without ultimate..tried 22x I think it was..definitely something has changed there. The spin to win wheels seem further apart and filled with nonsense..fancy flooring for example. The events seem nonstop and totally anticlimactic, especially the leader board event, can't say I've ever been so disappointed in a game. I do love my dragons and care about the neighbors, they keep me coming back. Another big problem I have with the game(s)...I play android, there is a big big big difference between us and ios players...over a year and no diamond yet or arctic. Dragons that were not available to us before... food, tnt, and bombs, were all tossed at us at once (if at all) to buy and same time as expired treasure dragons. No way without spending real cash, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Again I love the game and people but after this last event loss and having had to spend gold just to get a Tanuki dragon (just so I got a new dragon out of it) I am seriously considering leaving. The game has become more anxious and stressful than it should be(By the way...ALL are also troublesome in Fantasy Forest Story.).
Oops almost forgot to mention my appreciation for the reduction in the number of pop up adds throughout play.

kkstimpson
04-05-16, 05:55 AM
Lol! I almost totally quit with my last gold loss of 1,000gold...that has been hard to handle ...still.
I have noticed in the past few months that aprox 150 of my neighbors have quit or playing part time. I have cut my play time in half as well. I think that this reduction of gold & overwhelming us with events we can't win is going to backfire on the company.

amerirish
04-05-16, 06:28 AM
Trying to breed all the Limited Time new dragons and the re-released dragons is sucking all the life out of the game for me - especially since it's near impossible to breed any of them in the tiny amount of time we have. I wish they would slow the heck down!

Also, releasing new/reissued dragons during an event (Tales, and this stupid competition) where breeding is a key part of the challenge is counterproductive. We can't be expected to breed a Super Rare Limited Time dragon if one of our requirements is to hatch a Fuzzy or Life dragon. It's all just too crazy and unorganized.

Clark_Wayne
04-05-16, 06:43 AM
Trying to breed all the Limited Time new dragons and the re-released dragons is sucking all the life out of the game for me - especially since it's near impossible to breed any of them in the tiny amount of time we have. I wish they would slow the heck down!

Also, releasing new/reissued dragons during an event (Tales, and this stupid competition) where breeding is a key part of the challenge is counterproductive. We can't be expected to breed a Super Rare Limited Time dragon if one of our requirements is to hatch a Fuzzy or Life dragon. It's all just too crazy and unorganized.

absolutly not crazy and unorganized : it is all planned so we need to spend golds ;) never underjudge the people whose job is to make money ;)

our "job" is to avoid their traps ;)

but honestly this skylord event made me really want to stop the game because it really dislike the way we have to fight with other players

Kennedward
04-05-16, 06:51 AM
absolutly not crazy and unorganized : it is all planned so we need to spend golds ;) never underjudge the people whose job is to make money ;)

our "job" is to avoid their traps ;)

but honestly this skylord event made me really want to stop the game because it really dislike the way we have to fight with other players

Same here, already reduced to playing only once today

dangerb0y
04-05-16, 07:43 AM
Exhaustion is what's going to make me stop. I used to look forward to the next event. We had a little bit of recuperation time between things. Now there's event after event after event and I can't keep up with my life and this game at the same time. It's gotten overwhelming.

I was the same way. Then I decided to just slowly let everything go. First it was the mining dragon, I decided I didn't need to mine all the time. Then it was the tourney dragon, I couldn't be bothered to fight every hour. Then it was Dragon Tales, Rainbow Sentinel was a good challenge but every one since has been an exercise in how much food can you plant. So I let it go(I usually get the first or second dragon if it's cheap enough). I also stopped doing any events in my baby accounts.

I don't miss those dragons, I can't even tell you what they were. I've been able to breed and grow the dragons that matter most to me. Most of my freebie dragons are sitting in storage, and will probably never see daylight.

amalsaba
04-05-16, 07:45 AM
I haven't read the responses on this page but I just want to answer the question you put in the title.

I've been playing this game since it started. I stopped for 2 years because I was juggling full time study and family duties. Ive started playing again in July and I find it very hard to quit this game. I just love it

Kennedward
04-05-16, 08:07 AM
I was the same way. Then I decided to just slowly let everything go. First it was the mining dragon, I decided I didn't need to mine all the time. Then it was the tourney dragon, I couldn't be bothered to fight every hour. Then it was Dragon Tales, Rainbow Sentinel was a good challenge but every one since has been an exercise in how much food can you plant. So I let it go(I usually get the first or second dragon if it's cheap enough). I also stopped doing any events in my baby accounts.

I don't miss those dragons, I can't even tell you what they were. I've been able to breed and grow the dragons that matter most to me. Most of my freebie dragons are sitting in storage, and will probably never see daylight.

Same with me, don't see the point of collecting so many dragons when I don't even have the space to put them, exactly the same reason why I left over a year.

I only recently returned to playing again because I got some spare time with my new job, but still, I don't play as often as I did before.

amerirish
04-05-16, 10:26 AM
Personally, I am not complaining about them making us spend money at all. I know this is a for profit business. What I am frustrated with is the amount of new material constantly being pushed at us so rapidly. If the Limited Time dragons were issued at a slower pace, I would be more inclined to purchase gold for money in order to buy the ones I want. Right now, I'm ready to give up entirely because there's too many to keep up with.

Grannyweav
04-05-16, 08:26 PM
I would say that not being able to connect to Facebook on my android is doing it for me. I don't like the idea that you have to have a i pad or i phone

czarboy
04-06-16, 10:08 PM
2 things- 1st I've already slowed down my playing time because I do everything that I am able to do & yet i have 35 more maps to collect before i can expand & I am waiting 32 hrs for a Titan to sit on the breeding den. I've used up all my bombs & dynamite so what's left for me to do for at least 32 hrs? Nothing.
2nd, I too am getting disgusted with the gold traps. Just in the past couple weeks they started popping up our newsfeed just when I'm collecting coins & just exactly where i end up hitting the ignore button. Why is that button even there??? Who would ever intentionally ignore gold? And I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but 2 days ago i walked away from my phone for a couple minutes. I left my island screen on. When i came back there was a window saying i received 400,000 coins. No one else was in my house. Is this Storm 8's latest gold stealing method? Pop open the Buy Coins window & if no one closes it right away then just go ahead with the exchange? I have more coins than i can use & precious little gold. So yes, one day i will say ENOUGH & GOODBYE

justinbieber4444
04-09-16, 10:45 AM
First and foremost for me, as stated before, the constant event after event needs to stop.
Second, the food vacuum that is the Tales. I'm trying to save up food to evolve dragons but keep going backwards because of the ridiculousness that is involved in raising dragons to level 14 or 15!
Finally, the leaderboard challenge REALLY put me on the verge of quitting. Some of us have lives outside the game and can't be on every 20 minutes. THEN to add insult to injury you allow players to buy a position by spending gold?!?!?!
No, I've been playing almost from the day they released the game. I've won every tourney, completed every world event and Tale and have over 500 unique dragons. The only thing keeping me in the game is my own personal goal of leveling all my dragons to level 10 or higher. As soon as that's accomplished, I think im done.

kooky panda
04-09-16, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the feedback you guys have posted. I have passed this thread over .

Please be sure and follow the forum rules (http://forums.storm8.com./forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies)when posting.

Addendum to Disputes With Others:
If you object to any content posted by another user, and/or would like to report another user of violations of the forum rules, please do one of the following:

Send a Private Message to a TeamLava Community Manager [TL Employee]
Send a Private Message to a TL Player Moderator
Post in the Forum Disputes section

Please note that this is an exhaustive list; do not report other players through any other means, especially by responding to that user in-thread (the exception being for TL Player Mods and TL Community Managers only). Please note that responding to other players in thread about forum violations will be treated with the same severity as a forum violation; please report other users through the proper channels only.

kooky panda
04-10-16, 11:15 AM
Guys, after a thread clean up (removing and editing posts that were in violation of the forum rules), the thread is now open again.

Please be sure and follow the forum rules when posting.

If you see an inappropriate post, please do not respond here, please send a moderator a Private message.

Thanks!

ericrypt
04-12-16, 02:26 PM
I was considering quitting when I saw a player who also has been playing four years like me, somehow had obtained every single dragon on DS. I mean, the odds are staggering so I was wondering unless you physically spend real money (and lots of it!) Is it even possible to have every dragon EVER without buying gold? And what of the spin the wheel ones? You would have to have simply incredible luck or keep buying spins in order to have all those, right? I was just floored and it depressed me a little because I've been playing since the beginning like a lot of you.

TeasTeas
04-12-16, 03:27 PM
Couple of things that frustrate me to the point of where i did actually quit for several years; some are still an issue.

First is IOS and Android platforms.

I quit DS out of complete frustration and boredom. I started playing Bakery Story first; several months before joining forum even; and Dragon Story as soon as i got the first download prompt in Bakery.
The only thing possible at that time was to plant crops; level dragons; breed and plant more crops and clear land.
Everything new came out for IOS and Android was in perpetual circular limbo time warp boredom.
I stuck it out with Bakery through the IOS growing pains to level platform.
I somehow took hopes that somewhere along the lines the platforms would all become even and or compatible.
Understanding that after the fact their would still be things older players had; limited items etc. left over from the earlier times. Understandable.
I think what has me frustrated is it has been many years now; things are just still in limbo a bit yet and i have a hard time making sense of that.
I stuck through BS growing pains. DS seems to have taken very much longer.
I try not to focus on it too much now as it is fun now for sure!
.. however.. even though yes i would very much like to have AI; it had not bothered me as much as Leaderboard event; where it was most certainly an advantage. (No luck base there) and no option to have as many dens or nests with that given when it made a difference in earning points. That bothered me immensely. Why spend on another nest and den when it still wont be equal? That is the thought process..
If another event transpires where that kind of thing is pinned up against again. I may lose interest pretty quickly on trying muchless spending. It is taking hard enough feels to get to the point of having less and working with it; yet had DS for longer than lotts yet had to let it sit and grow some moss.

GoodyTwoShoes2
04-15-16, 08:22 PM
I am going to have to stop on my ipad because I have to uninstall and re-install each time I want to play Dragon Story~~~!!! Crashes if I manage to get into the game if I try to mine or visit and sometimes when I try to purchase a habitat or Dragon!!!! I AM NOT GOING TO KEEP DOING THIS!!!

Cats4Ever59
04-16-16, 01:44 PM
I think we should be able to buy crops and gold with coins or at least have more opportunities to get gold. The gold dragons are nice but 1 gold a day is ridiculous especially when it seems to get anything you have to use gold. Also being limited to receiving or gifting gold to only 3 a day seems unfair! I should be able to gift to ALL that give to me.
One more thing, I'm sick of all the wait time for, i.e. Hours for expansion or habitats after spending coins to get them. If I buy groceries in the real world I don't have to pay for them then come back to get them hours later.
Finally, breeding & evolution times are ridiculously long especially when trying to complete tasks in an event, 12+ hours is just too much.
In all seriousness I have more complaints but they have to do with breeding results, diamond dragon bred with diamond dragon, 10+ hours later produced an island dragon, REALLY! I waited all that time and bred 2 ultra rare for a common dragon! What a HUGE disappointment not to mention waste of time! One of the most fun parts of this game is getting the dragons. So if a dragon in the market shows a rainbow and diamond symbol such as the diamond prism dragon then if a rainbow and a diamond are bred you should get the diamond prism dragon at least one out of 3 times. I can't remember how many times I've tried for a music dragon, topaz dragon or tiger eye dragon and gotten genie, island, mist or luck dragons! Bred dame of darkness to Siamese and got another island, imagine how disappointed I was especially after having to wait well over 10 hours.
Has anyone else noticed that the best deal on crops is the 30 sec deals? You get the most crops per coins in the least amount of time. just for instance if you choose the 30 sec deal you get 36 crops in 3 min vs 20 in the same time if you chose the 3 min deal and both cost 120 coins total for the 3 minute time frame. If my math is off let me know otherwise it seems skewed to me.
Guess that's it for now.
I should probably quit playing since I have so many complaints but I am hopeful that the creators of this game not only want to make money but also want to produce a fun and rewarding game for their customers, a game that current players will talk about and get their friends to play!
I still play but have to admit it is getting boring I get on every day and make sure I visit all neighbors, respond to requests, gift the limited amount of gold then collect, feed, plant and may do a few things then get off for about 8-10 hours because I'm waiting on things. I have spent way more money than I should have on this but it seems to be the only way to get any real progress.
Happy customers=referrals=more money!

Clark_Wayne
04-16-16, 02:41 PM
my concern at the moment is TL/s8 games are slow ! sometimes it takes me 3 minuts to load the games !
i don't have this kind of problem with other online apps : the games are may be taking 1 or 2 more seconds to load , that's all
i think that all this come from their ads : we have now lot of them :mad:

SunfloursFire
04-19-16, 01:44 AM
Although I'm a new player within the past month, I have been enjoying DS...but have also found a few things that could use some improvement. **1) the gifting of gold being limited to 3 a day, seems crazy...if I take the time to visit my neighbors which is certainly more than 3, I should be able to gift them all. **2) we should be able to receive more than 3 gifts a day, otherwise what is the point in even visiting/ gifting if there is such CRAZY restrictions. ** 3) the COST of clearing land.
However I still look forward to playing, and hope that they listen to their FAN BASE and make some new improvements.

DeeDe99
04-19-16, 02:16 AM
SunfloursFire, you can receive more than 3 a day. I often do. If you have a set arrangement with three other players, then you will only receive 3, but many of us spread our gifts around and then we all seem to get more, but it takes a while to build up. Think it is a bit like pyramid selling! ;)

TwiWoods
04-23-16, 11:51 AM
I would quit if they STOPPED the tournaments, events, tales - really all things except Leaderboard (that one can go away). I love that there is always something to do in this game. I would get bored without them. I did appreciate the break between Tuesday and Friday updates, and was excited for Friday's update - spin wheel and event? Bring it on!!

kooky panda
04-24-16, 03:12 PM
Guys, the thread is once again getting off topic. This is not a suggestion thread, it is for players to post the features about the game that they do not like.

There are other threads you can post your suggestions on.

Off topic posts and personal conversations have been removed.

Please stay on topic to prevent the thread from being closed.

DeeDe99
04-26-16, 03:05 AM
Expansion time could well stop me. 36 hours to knock off a rock? After what, 48 hours to open the square in the first place?

I think that is just a tad too long, frankly.

Jackiesq
04-26-16, 04:05 AM
Expansion time could well stop me. 36 hours to knock off a rock? After what, 48 hours to open the square in the first place?

I think that is just a tad too long, frankly.
72 hours to open the square you mean... I can live with the 48, but 72 hours is crazy... 😠

DeeDe99
04-26-16, 04:42 AM
72 hours to open the square you mean... I can live with the 48, but 72 hours is crazy... ��

Maybe it was 72! I didn't pay much attention, but it was a long time. Then to wait ANOTHER 36! Just beyond all reasonableness.

Kennedward
04-28-16, 07:51 AM
Finished expanding all available land, but still have some parts that are trees but cannot expand yet

Such limitation is what I prefer to be removed from the game

blackeneddove
04-28-16, 09:24 AM
Maybe it was 72! I didn't pay much attention, but it was a long time. Then to wait ANOTHER 36! Just beyond all reasonableness.

They want us to speed expand with gold. :(:mad:

Expanding takes forever. It's why I have no where for my dragons to live. :( I had to put away some of my expertly placed decor today to make room for a habitat while waiting for an expansion to finish.

hiabarara
04-28-16, 11:21 AM
I honestly don't know how much longer I can play this game.

Since the beginning I had problems with crashes, but usually I could manage to do my daily tasks and it would only crash once or twice tops (by daily tasks I mean going to the Breeding Den, Evolution Temple, Arena, Quest Outpost and Farms). Now I can only do TWO of these things and the app crashes. And when I restart I usually have to do them again. So sometimes I'm basically stuck because I do one thing and before I can close the game it crashes, resets and I have to do it again. So my daily stuff used to take not more than three minutes, but now it usually takes ten or fifteen minutes. And that's just the amount of time it takes. Let's rather not talk about how frustrated I am every time :rolleyes:

It's just so freaking bothersome. I even missed a hell of a lot snow globes for the current event because I just couldn't update my farms in the morning. The app crashed again and again and I don't have that much time in the morning anyway before I have to leave my house.

Oh, and I can't play the new Leaderboard Event because it's only available for the standard Dragon Story version. I mean from what I heard I don't even want to play it :D But that's my choice to make and I would've liked to at least test it.

blackeneddove
04-28-16, 11:48 AM

Since the beginning I had problems with crashes, but usually I could manage to do my daily tasks and it would only crash once or twice tops (by daily tasks I mean going to the Breeding Den, Evolution Temple, Arena, Quest Outpost and Farms). Now I can only do TWO of these things and the app crashes. And when I restart I usually have to do them again. So sometimes I'm basically stuck because I do one thing and before I can close the game it crashes, resets and I have to do it again. So my daily stuff used to take not more than three minutes, but now it usually takes ten or fifteen minutes. And that's just the amount of time it takes. Let's rather not talk about how frustrated I am every time :rolleyes:

It's just so freaking bothersome. I even missed a hell of a lot snow globes for the current event because I just couldn't update my farms in the morning. The app crashed again and again and I don't have that much time in the morning anyway before I have to leave my house.

Oh, and I can't play the new Leaderboard Event because it's only available for the standard Dragon Story version. I mean from what I heard I don't even want to play it :D But that's my choice to make and I would've liked to at least test it.

I used to play on an old device (iPhone 4s) and with the older versions of the game because my phone just couldn't support the new versions & tech (took up too much memory). I had issues with crashing all the time! But now that I have gotten a newer device and updated to the newest version of the game, I don't have issues with crashing anymore. For me, it was a lack of memory on my phone & using an outdated tech.

Not sure which device you use, but that may have something to do with it. I just had to put up with it until I could afford to buy a new device. Our technology advances so fast these days!! Both a blessing and a curse. :p

Kennedward
04-29-16, 06:34 AM
They want us to speed expand with gold. :(:mad:

Expanding takes forever. It's why I have no where for my dragons to live. :( I had to put away some of my expertly placed decor today to make room for a habitat while waiting for an expansion to finish.

Same here, hence why I want the land limits to be removed

Elspelsie
04-29-16, 07:58 AM
I'm on the brink of quitting, simply because I've lost a lot of the interest I had when I first started playing DS. It crashes at the slightest thing andnit was taking up too much of my time. No seriously, it takes forever to load and once I get in, it crashes very easily.. Still playing it, but not as seriously. I can relate on the expansion problem... That's why i want them to add an option to store dragons straight from the nest. But they probably never will read the suggestion anyway.... :P

Elspelsie
04-29-16, 08:04 AM

I can totally relate to that... They need to make the game more compatible with older phones casue not every body can get the newest tech.

Lurker2
04-29-16, 10:48 AM
The "out of sync with the server" problem is annoying when it rolls back your last few actions (i.e. planting crops on some of the farms) and frustrating when it changes your actions (i.e. trading a different dragon than the one you're trying to trade).

Kennedward
04-29-16, 09:22 PM
The leaderboard event is something I would like them to stop, or at least change it up so we're all working towards the same goal and everyone gets the dragon prize

blackeneddove
04-29-16, 09:41 PM
The leaderboard event is something I would like them to stop, or at least change it up so we're all working towards the same goal and everyone gets the dragon prize

Hmm...yeah. I know many don't like the leaderboard event, but if they changed it to where everyone worked towards getting the dragons & everyone got the same prize it would be exactly the same as the World Events where we all get the community prizes. So I think they probably won't change it in that way. ;)

I'm not sure what would make me stop playing this game. I almost did a few months ago, but S8 did something to regain my interest lol. I can't remember exactly what it was...

Oh wait! I remember. Princess (Disney) dragons :o

But there have been many other very awesome dragons since those, so I am still very invested in playing :)

But I would probably lose interest if I weren't able to breed anything new, or if my game kept crashing. That is super frustrating. :-/

Kennedward
04-29-16, 11:22 PM
Hmm...yeah. I know many don't like the leaderboard event, but if they changed it to where everyone worked towards getting the dragons & everyone got the same prize it would be exactly the same as the World Events where we all get the community prizes. So I think they probably won't change it in that way. ;)

I'm not sure what would make me stop playing this game. I almost did a few months ago, but S8 did something to regain my interest lol. I can't remember exactly what it was...

Oh wait! I remember. Princess (Disney) dragons :o

But there have been many other very awesome dragons since those, so I am still very invested in playing :)

But I would probably lose interest if I weren't able to breed anything new, or if my game kept crashing. That is super frustrating. :-/

Yea that's my idea lol get rid of leaderboard altogether and just do world events

DeeDe99
05-01-16, 06:38 PM
The lack of breeding success is starting to annoy me. I initially started playing because it was a BREEDING game - or so I believed. While I understand the more dragons any one person has, the harder it is to breed something we don't already have, the inability to breed any of the short-release or limited dragons becomes increasingly frustrating. Other breeding games are NOT like this. Sure, the dragons can be bought, but that defeats the whole purpose of the game, breeding. I don't mind buying the odd special dragon, that's like buying bloodstock on a farm. No farmer buys all his animals though! We get enough "unbreedables" with the events.

I want to BREED my dragons. I spend money to build the habitats, but if I can't breed, I don't need habitats and I'll just give up.

Kennedward
05-01-16, 06:47 PM
The lack of breeding success is starting to annoy me. I initially started playing because it was a BREEDING game - or so I believed. While I understand the more dragons any one person has, the harder it is to breed something we don't already have, the inability to breed any of the short-release or limited dragons becomes increasingly frustrating. Other breeding games are NOT like this. Sure, the dragons can be bought, but that defeats the whole purpose of the game, breeding. I don't mind buying the odd special dragon, that's like buying bloodstock on a farm. No farmer buys all his animals though! We get enough "unbreedables" with the events.

I want to BREED my dragons. I spend money to build the habitats, but if I can't breed, I don't need habitats and I'll just give up.

Agreed, i stopped breeding since it was frustrating would be nice to increase the chance for rare dragons

onenike
05-02-16, 03:08 AM
To many limited dragons! I always have more than 15 fails and never have lucky for get limited dragon with breeding. Some players have almost always lucky to breed this dragons. For me this is not fair, and for this I haven not more desire to play this game!

Jackiesq
05-02-16, 03:33 AM
To many limited dragons! I always have more than 15 fails and never have lucky for get limited dragon with breeding. Some players have almost always lucky to breed this dragons. For me this is not fair, and for this I haven not more desire to play this game!

I like the limiteds and I think it's a nice way for the longer players to get new dragons. But the time we have to breed them is to short, so it's nearly impossible to get 1 without spending gold! Defenitly if it hass a minor or 3gem-type with many fail-options and with the longer common fails like Poison and Sunrise...

About the players that "always" have them I noticed 2 things...
-Some just buy them and say they bred them. Okay for me if anyone buy iso breed. But always when a sale is on, some of my neighbors have it after breeding something different.... I guess they want themselves feel better. 😉
-I also hear people talking about 5 Sunrise fails before they got a new limited in less then 2 days. So they speeded up with at least 72 gold! Also okay for me, but I usually speed up only 1 or 2 gold a day, before I go to bed and don't want my den and temple waiting all that hours.

I don't know what you're doing, but if you wanted the same chances compares to the big goldspenders, you have to do the same... So I don't think all others are more lucky. Ofcourse there are, but most buy luck! Hope you feel better by thinking about that. 😊

Kennedward
05-02-16, 03:48 AM
Overall, I would prefer to decrease the rate of new dragon releases every week, it's a little too many too soon. Plus the fact that some are limited, but are so hard to breed just makes breeding all the more frustrating

Jackiesq
05-02-16, 04:35 AM
Overall, I would prefer to decrease the rate of new dragon releases every week, it's a little too many too soon. Plus the fact that some are limited, but are so hard to breed just makes breeding all the more frustrating
But will you stop playing if they don't listen to what you prefer?
For me there are 2 points when I'll stop.
1 the crashes. If they are irritating me to much. Sometimes I reach that point that I will stop the game if it happens another 10x that day!
2 if I can't breed anything new without spending many goldbars.

Kennedward
05-02-16, 04:48 AM
But will you stop playing if they don't listen to what you prefer?
For me there are 2 points when I'll stop.
1 the crashes. If they are irritating me to much. Sometimes I reach that point that I will stop the game if it happens another 10x that day!
2 if I can't breed anything new without spending many goldbars.

I will, I actually stopped playing for over a year, and now I only play to collect gold from my gold producing dragons only, and see what I can buy with my gold

But they have made some changes that made me spend my gold, such as the bomb producing dragons, so I still play a little, just not as often as i did before

DeeDe99
05-02-16, 06:28 AM
@Jackiesq - why would people say they bred if they bought? Why lie about it? Weird.

OkieDokie27
05-02-16, 10:43 AM
I'm getting really frustrated with tournaments. In the past I've had no problems with them. I swear it seems like ever since I got my diamond dragon I hardly ever win one, despite logging in every hour. This tournament I got stuck on spirit warrior for 2 1/2 days! That's just crazy in my opinion. I tried everything that was suggested plus my favorite fighters. I'm also sick of breeding the same few dragons all the time, even rare ones. I'm constantly breeding penumbra, athletic, and especially lunar ram every time I try for valiant dragon. I use to buy gold for speed breeding but now it seems pointless. Seems like storm 8 is trying to force me to spend my gold on beating champions in tournaments instead of how I want to anyway.

Hawk1
05-02-16, 11:42 AM
I started playing DS to breed dragons, something that has been a real issue on my island since October after I bred my first Diamond @ 120ish. Not one single limited dragon has made an appearance on my island and not for a lack of trying, it gets old getting fail after fail. I finally gave up on trying for what S8 was pushing and decided to just try to breed for older dragons and had some luck and that has renewed my interest in DS.
I've only been playing for a year and hoped I would have fun with DS for at least a few years, guess I'll take it day to day.

GoodyTwoShoes2
05-02-16, 12:17 PM
Well, so far my Dragon Story is gone because I had to uninstall and re-install every single time I wanted to play and even then sometimes it would not open. I then updated my mini ipad thinking that might help but nope! Dragon story - same problem AND Restaurant Story is now back to Level 1 and I cannot find my Level 50 Restaurant anywhere!!! So that is the end of that! I still have my Level 50 Bakery??? and my Level 50 Castle Story but really thinking about quitting that because of the new S8 development team or whoever is making all these changes requiring gems. I have purchased thousands of gems over the years on this game because I loved it but I do not like to HAVE TO purchase them.

freshfunin2008
05-02-16, 01:52 PM
Breeding is still too difficult! I can see you going days with not getting the dragon you are trying for but weeks and weeks and weeks with the same common fails is ridiculous.

Hawk1
05-02-16, 02:12 PM
Breeding is still too difficult! I can see you going days with not getting the dragon you are trying for but weeks and weeks and weeks with the same common fails is ridiculous.

I agree, but that is what happens on my island fail after fail for limited dragons and I'm not buying them. If it isn't something that's good in battle arena it isn't worth spending gold IMO. Everyone has different expectations for DS and for me breeding and tournaments are what I find to be fun.

Gold giving dragons are worth buying when on sale but that doesn't happen often either. Oh my I just noticed I have a 24 hour gold sale lol, must be getting ready for leaderboard event.

MTGbaker
05-02-16, 10:01 PM
For me what would make me leave the game is when im no longer able to display my dragons. I can't imaging not being able to show off all the awesome dragons ive either worked hard to win or used my hard earned money to buy. It would be super disappointing when i reach a point where i cant display anymore of my dragons.

Also the fact they cut the gold you get for installing and playing games has almost caused me to quit due to the fact that for a long time i relied on the gold i got from those games to buy myself the dragons i really want. id save that gold up for ages or until there was a really good sale so i coulb buy my dragons but now since its been more than cut in half i cant rely on that gold in order to buy dragons i really want i have to spend my money to buy them, and i dont mind doing it sometimes but its gotten to the point where if i really want a dragon i either have to miss it because i cant afford to spend the money or i have to scrounge up the money to buy the gold so i can get my dragon.

Anaboe
05-02-16, 11:34 PM
I'm slowly loosing interest. Nothing in particular, nothing that irritates me much, just slowly loosing interest. It is getting a bit boring:
Mining dragon's: I don't even have to try hard to get the dragon, just playing regularly, evolving one or two Mists or Islands for bombs and I'm done.
Crafting Arena dragon: just win the tournaments, do a few extra rounds in the arena and craft it.
Expansions: just ask and be pati?nt
Tournaments: since I have many lvl 15 dragons, these are easy...
Gold: have 5 lvl 10 gold-giving dragons and I rarely step in gold-traps
World-events: just keep my 3 nests filled with water-eggs, and it's easy to get the last individual prize
Arctic Isle: breeding for one of the two diamond-hybrids. Over and over and over and over again
Tales: a tiny bit more challenging. But once I made my step by step-plan, easy breazy. I always have over 2,500,000 food, so it never is difficult for me.
Breeding: getting the same dragons over and over and over and over and over again...

Einstein once (alledgedly) said "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome". I think I'm going insane.

The leaderboards could have been fun, if it wasn't a type of cut-throat-game-play.

3 years ago, I switched from Android to iOS because of Dragon Story (iPad mini 1), and just now I upgraded to iPad mini 4. The gaming experience has been great: no crashes, often no loading time at all. But it's boring.

To be honest, I think S8 has an imposible task: keeping both new and very long term players happy.

Clark_Wayne
05-03-16, 01:47 AM
I'm slowly loosing interest. Nothing in particular, nothing that irritates me much, just slowly loosing interest. It is getting a bit boring:
Mining dragon's: I don't even have to try hard to get the dragon, just playing regularly, evolving one or two Mists or Islands for bombs and I'm done.
Crafting Arena dragon: just win the tournaments, do a few extra rounds in the arena and craft it.
Expansions: just ask and be pati?nt
Tournaments: since I have many lvl 15 dragons, these are easy...
Gold: have 5 lvl 10 gold-giving dragons and I rarely step in gold-traps
World-events: just keep my 3 nests filled with water-eggs, and it's easy to get the last individual prize
Arctic Isle: breeding for one of the two diamond-hybrids. Over and over and over and over again
Tales: a tiny bit more challenging. But once I made my step by step-plan, easy breazy. I always have over 2,500,000 food, so it never is difficult for me.
Breeding: getting the same dragons over and over and over and over and over again...

Einstein once (alledgedly) said "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome". I think I'm going insane.

The leaderboards could have been fun, if it wasn't a type of cut-throat-game-play.

3 years ago, I switched from Android to iOS because of Dragon Story (iPad mini 1), and just now I upgraded to iPad mini 4. The gaming experience has been great: no crashes, often no loading time at all. But it's boring.

To be honest, I think S8 has an imposible task: keeping both new and very long term players happy.

totally agree : i have been playing for about 3 years now , and i'm starting getting bored now.

belbar22
05-03-16, 05:24 AM
Anaboe and Clark_Wayne I also totally agree. I don't go in to the game to play nearly so often and because I have over 7000 gold saved up, I speed through the 1st 15 rounds of tournaments and then just plug away at the last 15 over the next couple of days and so generally have them all completed by the Friday.
Also now they release so many new dragons all the time and there is no way of getting them all, I have stopped caring about whether I get dragons or not, which is just as well as I almost never breed a new dragon now - I have been breeding my diamond and champion in an attempt to breed the new diamond/champion hybrid with no success as yet. I can't display all my dragons anyway because I don't have enough room so no point really in winning them through tournaments, tales and world events.
Additionally I hate the new leaderboard event and it really puts me off playing to the extent that I may not play at all whilst it is on this time.

All in all it is just getting a bit boring.

Kennedward
05-03-16, 07:54 AM
World event will be ending soon and Leaderboard event will start, I'll definitely stop playing now lol

freshfunin2008
05-03-16, 09:04 AM
I think many will stop if we ever don't receive the final dragon in these events. LOL

Kennedward
05-03-16, 09:19 AM
lol i'll still check the forum to see if anything new or exciting happens, but won't be playing much, except to collect gold and bombs

mbyte68
05-12-16, 05:32 PM
im gonna say white/yellow fails and blue/purple fails making any new dragon with theese type a JOKE to get , like the last 2 current ones they brought us :/

yeelela
05-13-16, 12:18 PM
I had already paused for more than a year. I didn't want to spent money and it started to get boring: Same failures over and over again. And it took years to raise up dragons.
I cannot play at work and I sleep at night :-) so tournaments/events goals were unreachable.
After a year I just stopped by and got caught again. I bred a couple of new dragons and I even spent some money to speed up breeding.

Waiting 3 days for the expansion is molesting me and also when I get eggs with breeding times above 15 hrs.

Kennedward
05-13-16, 09:04 PM
I stopped over 1 year, and really the only thing I do is collect gold and see if there's anything good to spend them on, feels like a waste if I don't play at least once or twice a day to get all my gold

bakerystoe
05-14-16, 02:16 AM
I think many will stop if we ever don't receive the final dragon in these events. LOL
You know right because we keep complaining lol

bakerystoe
05-14-16, 02:16 AM
If S8 doesn't fix their freaking game! Constant crashing and very buggy tournemnents. I'm on round 4 and I've lost 5 times with my 15 champion dragons. That's 15 rolls that I couldn't get a 1-90, which is garbage. I can't finish my clone fast enough.
I hate tournaments at first

kooky panda
05-14-16, 01:07 PM
Hey guys, once again the thread has gone off topic and become a discussion thread.

Closing.