PDA

View Full Version : Love Bug (Sweetheart Trio PT 1) - 2016 Feb 2

calvinxx
02-02-16, 12:42 PM

Needless to say it's everyone's favourite, a new trio! And it looks like the elements are just regular old elements as the first animal is the Earth/Fire combination Love Bug!

16 hour breed time
16 hour evolution time

Good luck all!

FlatFoot
02-02-16, 12:44 PM
Best of luck everyone!

31aug2002
02-02-16, 12:49 PM
Wow !! I am already loving this trio. I just hope we get a new element with it!!

Does anybody have the breed time for the Love Bug ? I got 16 hrs with Crystal unicorn and magmacore

Sandybellee
02-02-16, 12:50 PM
Good luck, everyone! :)

Earth-fire is actually fine by me right now because I can keep trying for Garnet Griffin while I'm trying for Love Bug.

ninasidstorm8
02-02-16, 01:02 PM
I wish they would have held off a week for the Trio. I am going to keep trying for a Chilly Goat for the next two days since there is no special element.

ogreve
02-02-16, 01:03 PM
Well it's certainly another set of beautiful animals and a habitat to match!
Earth-Fire.... Yikes! :O

31aug2002
02-02-16, 01:16 PM
Well I seem to have hit a lucky streak after unending fails to get the chilly goat!! I have got the Lovebug on first try YAY!!! ... Will go back to chilly goat attempts again tomorrow!!

31aug2002
02-02-16, 01:17 PM
Well it's certainly another set of beautiful animals and a habitat to match!
Earth-Fire.... Yikes! :O
Yes I see an armordillo army marching around!! Lolzz!!!

calvinxx
02-02-16, 01:18 PM
The thing I don't understand is why they can't add to the already existing Valentines element? I mean would it be so bad to have 3 more Valentines creatures? Especially for players who missed the first trio

RowanaFarrin
02-02-16, 01:32 PM
Well I seem to have hit a lucky streak after unending fails to get the chilly goat!! I have got the Lovebug on first try YAY!!! ... Will go back to chilly goat attempts again tomorrow!!

Congrats! :D Great feeling to have success after a run of bad luck. I hope your luck continues the the next two!

I'm going to keep trying for the chilly goat myself for a bit, then I'll go ahead and give these a try!

31aug2002
02-02-16, 01:34 PM
The thing I don't understand is why they can't add to the already existing Valentines element? I mean would it be so bad to have 3 more Valentines creatures? Especially for players who missed the first trio
Agree with you on this!! I missed out the last Valentine event as was dormant at that point!! And wouldn't mind the Valentine element in my forest ! Though I love the Matripony from the last event!

ninasidstorm8
02-02-16, 01:38 PM

I have suggested the same thing before. The only problem could be with the Breeding Rules. However, if they just kept the existing Valentine animals out of the Breeding List, like they are currently, then that should not be a problem either.

I think S8 does better financially selling a special habitat that can hold the diverse animals for gems instead of selling one with a special element for coins. I do applaud S8 for not charging gems for anything that you need to have as the normal part of the game. The special element habitats for the trios can be purchased for coins.

The Ornate Ocelot is the one exception to that rule, if you have a goal of having each animal. If I remember correctly, the habitat for the Halloween element cost gems but it was not required since each of the animals had a base element as well.

Anyway, I still like the idea and maybe they will do it some itme in the future.

ogreve
02-02-16, 01:42 PM
Well....
I just put in my first attempt and instantly got.... an 18 hour timer!
That's actually EXCELLENT news, as it's a Stuffin Puffin, which is the only Earth-Fire breedable that I still needed. With my reluctance to do Earth-Fire breeding, at the very least I now have all of the normal breedables covered again.

And.... How's this for timing?
Right before making that breeding I moved a 2 hour Rock Rhino fail to the nest. Add to that 16 hours of Aquarius hatching, and the nest and den are nicely in sync! All I have to do when the Rock Rhino finishes hatching is to speed the Chilly Goat evolution slightly and then finish the feeding step and that plan should all come nicely together!

And... as a final *very* exciting thing: once the flower is cleared of the Chilly Goat, the Garnet Griffin can directly receive its final turn, so it will emerge as a beautiful epic!

Ratisorn
02-02-16, 01:54 PM
EF + G = 48 h. Fail need 16 h.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28281&d=1454446384 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28281&d=1454446384)

Sandybellee
02-02-16, 02:02 PM
Congrats Olafo! I'm hoping for a Stuffin Puffin too since it's my most wanted permanent animal after the Garnet Griffin at the moment!

Of course I got an Armordillo in the den... I see a whole lot of those coming my way in the near future. :p At least there's the lovely Aquarius egg on the nest! I think I will buy the new Valentine habitat to house him since I have no electric vacancies right now.

rbkj
02-02-16, 03:27 PM
Another trio that I will not get��. Try as I might I was never able to get any trio except for the space.

Drachenia
02-02-16, 04:05 PM
EF + G = 48 h. Fail need 16 h.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28281&d=1454446384 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28281&d=1454446384)

Congratulations to Garnet Griffin :D

Drachenia
02-02-16, 04:21 PM
Hello everyone! I breeding with Obsidian Cyclops / Pyro Pony get: Volcamel , Rampage , 4x Armordillo . I made short work and bought Love Bug . Good luck in the breeding :D

Clark_Wayne
02-02-16, 04:25 PM

obviously they don't want to create new type until Zodiac is done.
but agreed they could bring back the valentine trio

jojopeanut
02-02-16, 06:57 PM
Here are my attempts. Good luck everyone.
1st Armadillo
2nd Rampage
3rd Armadillo
4th Got 16 HRS with Crystal Unicorn and Rubble Rooster.
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/QuickMemo_2016-02-04-21-58-29-1.png (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/QuickMemo_2016-02-04-21-58-29-1.png.html)

Clark_Wayne
02-02-16, 08:55 PM
humm i'm not fan of the trio so if i fail to get it , not a big loss to me.
the love bug (they recycled also dragon story names ? LOL) still looks nice. the 2nd looks like a cat and the last like a buffalo.
seems they are also recycling the combo and timer : storking was earth-fire 16h, wasn't it ? LOL
let's see if the 2nd animal will be water-nature 16h LOL

cartoc6
02-02-16, 09:25 PM
Got the love bug with armordillo and rampage

sweetypies97
02-03-16, 02:01 AM
I'm not sure whether I'll try too hard for these.

iPhone:
13 hours

Allixiandra
02-03-16, 03:48 AM
I don't think that I will put a lot of effort in trying to get this trio because I do not like them very much and I will never ever get the habitat because I think it is the ugliest one since I am playing this game. I was hoping that we would some of the Valentine elements again because I have missed them last year. ☹️ Good look to everyone who will go for it!💁🏻

NannaSherry
02-03-16, 07:35 AM
I don't think that I will put a lot of effort in trying to get this trio because I do not like them very much and I will never ever get the habitat because I think it is the ugliest one since I am playing this game. I was hoping that we would some of the Valentine elements again because I have missed them last year. ☹️ Good look to everyone who will go for it!����

I feel the same as Allixiandra, Sweetypies97 and Cartoc6. Not as amped about this trio and would've liked a valentine element since I failed last year and got none. I'll make some attempts, but after falling short with constant breeding for final service dog & skull dreadwing, and then getting stuck with a habitat that isn't flexible, I won't worry too much about this group. I'm more pleased with the world event and those animals.

ninasidstorm8
02-03-16, 08:30 AM
It looks like I am on a hot streak breeding for the first time in months. I moved my Chilly Goat to the nest, threw a Crystal Unicorn and a Rampage into the Breeding Den expecting an Armordillo, and received the desired 16 hour timer. This is the first time I bred 1 of the trio animals before the 3rd one was available since the Music Trio. I am happy to be ahead of the game for once.

belarica
02-03-16, 08:36 AM
Is this the only animal with 16 hours? I was lucky with the chilly goat, I had an extra from the last wheel in storage still

ninasidstorm8
02-03-16, 08:52 AM
Is this the only animal with 16 hours? I was lucky with the chilly goat, I had an extra from the last wheel in storage still

It is the only currently breedable Earth/Fire animal that has a 16 hour breed time.

belarica
02-03-16, 09:17 AM
It is the only currently breedable Earth/Fire animal that has a 16 hour breed time.

Thanks! I got it first try, a refreshing change after the last trio

HappyHeartBakery
02-03-16, 09:30 AM
Trying for this. So far only 12 hr fails. Think the bug is cute, but without a special element & the unpredictability of breeding trios, I'm not too pressed for this one. But will be happy to get the hearts & bombs to work toward world event & another expansion

31aug2002
02-03-16, 12:09 PM
It looks like I am on a hot streak breeding for the first time in months. I moved my Chilly Goat to the nest, threw a Crystal Unicorn and a Rampage into the Breeding Den expecting an Armordillo, and received the desired 16 hour timer. This is the first time I bred 1 of the trio animals before the 3rd one was available since the Music Trio. I am happy to be ahead of the game for once.
Congratulations!! I am happy for you!! I remember you 50+ attempts at a previous trio.
Great going!!

Sandybellee
02-03-16, 04:20 PM

Congrats!! Hopefully the other two will come easily as well! :)

Sandybellee
02-03-16, 04:30 PM
Just fails for me so far. :p If it was just the bug, I wouldn't be too bothered with breeding it but I want to give it my best shot in case the third animal is something amazing.

Of course getting the third animal is a long shot in any case (well, at least in my case, since I've only completed one trio so far) but it would be great to at least be able to try for it.

I may switch to trying for the second animal when it's released depending on the breeding combo and how cute it is. The silhouette looks promising! :)

mommmybear5
02-03-16, 07:39 PM
Oh I think on my 4th try I may have it. I bred Aperil Fool lvl 4 with a Volcamel lvl 4. Timer is 16 hours.... can I hope?

NannaSherry
02-04-16, 08:06 AM
Just fails for me so far. :p If it was just the bug, I wouldn't be too bothered with breeding it but I want to give it my best shot in case the third animal is something amazing.

Of course getting the third animal is a long shot in any case (well, at least in my case, since I've only completed one trio so far) but it would be great to at least be able to try for it
I may switch to trying for the second animal when it's released depending on the breeding combo and how cute it is. The silhouette looks promising! :)

Here here Sandybellee, you and I are always in the same exact boat. I'm following your game plan too.

insomniadreams88
02-04-16, 10:12 AM
This may be the quickest I've gotten the desired timer (16 hrs. in this case). However, I really wish the habitat didn't cost gems, especially with the zodiac habitats costing gems as well. It's a tough decision…

ninasidstorm8
02-04-16, 02:34 PM
Just hatched the Love Bug and it's taking a turn in the Evolution Flower, since I will need it to be at least level 4 for breeding. I had a good mining session, getting 16 Runes with the 7 explosives I had to just make the 78 Runes needed for another expansion which will be done in a little less than 12 hours. This allowed me to keep my breeding pair that produced a 10 hour Peamoth Fail in the Breeding Den, so I can hatch Aquarius. Otherwise, I would have needed to get another explosive and delay hatching Aquarius.

So I will have a spot to place a habitat before I expect the sale of the Celestial East habitat to end with tomorrow's update. I just need to decide whether or not to buy it, I can only place 4 more habitats before I reach the habitat limit.

When the Evolution Flower is free, I can put my Obsidian Cyclops into the Evolution Flower to get it to level 10. I shouldn't need the Flower again until I am able to breed the second of the Sweetheart Trio, so I want to get it out of the way as soon as possible.

So far, February has been a good month for me with FFS.

ogreve
02-04-16, 02:51 PM
Oh when the Arnordillos...
Oh when the Arnordillos...
Oh when the Arnordillos, go marching in...

Yep, after that great Stuffin Puffin outcome, the Armordilanche has started. We'll see how much of it I'm to take.

Buttercup0001
02-04-16, 02:54 PM
So far a Magmacore fail, 2 Armordillos and now a 14hr Rampage (I think) fail. The only trio I have completed to date are the Cosmic trio.

Sandybellee
02-05-16, 03:36 AM
Here here Sandybellee, you and I are always in the same exact boat. I'm following your game plan too.

Let's hope our trio breeding luck improves this year! :)

NannaSherry
02-05-16, 07:45 AM
Let's hope our trio breeding luck improves this year! :)

Thanks and you too. Best of luck!! Nothing yet. Let's see what the new animal look likes for part 2! And thumbs up if we get a flash tourney.

mrhammy48
02-06-16, 06:13 PM
I am breeding an army of armadillos - I may need to switch it up. I am very tempted to give up on the trio already.

2moregifts
02-07-16, 12:59 PM
Got the love bug with a rampage and armidillo. Took 3 tries.
Trying to figure out the Kissy Cat. Does anyone have info?

sweetypies97
02-07-16, 01:42 PM
I got this on my second try on my iPad but haven't had any luck yet on my phone.

SmaugyHobit
02-08-16, 12:00 AM
Got this after about 5 tries, Lambi + Crystal Unicorn! Good luck to all still trying.

lengesath
02-08-16, 02:19 PM
Does anyone know what Pt. 2 is of "Love is in the Air?

sanya87
02-08-16, 02:39 PM
Got it with Obsydian Cyclop and Magmacore :)

Sandybellee
02-08-16, 02:59 PM
Does anyone know what Pt. 2 is of "Love is in the Air?

Kissy Cat.

mariyana2014
02-08-16, 11:14 PM
Got 16 hrs timer after 7 days trying: Pyro Pony + Rock Rhino :)

MaribouMay
02-08-16, 11:54 PM
I am breeding an army of armadillos - I may need to switch it up. I am very tempted to give up on the trio already.

The next S8 game will pit your army of armadillos against your neighbor's army. Followed by battling swarms of Fire Gliders. ;-)

Doompicnic
02-09-16, 09:15 AM
I still haven't gotten this....very tiring.

Sandybellee
02-12-16, 03:22 AM
I switched back to trying for Love Bug.

1. Armordillo
2. Rampage
3. Armordillo
4. Love Bug!!! Yay! :)

littelprincess0313
02-12-16, 12:39 PM
I still haven't gotten this....very tiring.

Me, too. Im on my 23ird try. Im just glad that I dont like the kitty very much or the ox. So my only trio goal is the bug and I really hope that I can get it within the last remaining days. Would be really ridiculous if not. Does anybody know the max of tries someone had with a trio animal and never got it?

ninasidstorm8
02-12-16, 12:50 PM
Me, too. Im on my 23ird try. Im just glad that I dont like the kitty very much or the ox. So my only trio goal is the bug and I really hope that I can get it within the last remaining days. Would be really ridiculous if not. Does anybody know the max of tries someone had with a trio animal and never got it?

All tries are not a alike. You can try just Earth & Fire elements or try four element combinations to also get a Crystal Unicorn which decreases your odds of a Earth/Fire animal. With the Christmas Trio, I tried 85 straight breedings before getting all three animals. The most tries I have ever made for one of the first two of the trios is 27 before I managed to breed it.

With the Infernowl released today you have a new fail to go for at the same time.

Good Luck.

Sandybellee
02-12-16, 12:59 PM

Well, I tried for the Station Dalmatian (first animal of the service trio) 58 times and didn't get it so yeah... That was hellish!

littelprincess0313
02-12-16, 10:35 PM
Well, I tried for the Station Dalmatian (first animal of the service trio) 58 times and didn't get it so yeah... That was hellish!

Wow 58 tries and no luck. Thats insane o.O
I hope I will be lucky but not today: 24th try Amadillo again -.-

oo56
02-12-16, 11:33 PM
Still can't breed this one. :( i recently haven't had luck with any trios.

HappyHeartBakery
02-13-16, 05:34 AM
No trio luck for me either. It helps that none of these are a special element at least. Still putting in attempts, but at this point just putting in electric-earth-fire-gem. I just bought the Matripony & finished up the bead steed tournament (she's in the nest now) - so I'm ok with this:)

Doompicnic
02-13-16, 11:00 AM
This is the worst trio for me yet. I've been breeding since the start and still haven't gotten any of the valentines animals. So disappointed.

Sandybellee
02-13-16, 01:38 PM
Yay! I got the Love Bug! Happy to get at least one of the trio. :) Good luck to everyone still trying!

Drachenia
02-13-16, 02:31 PM
Yay! I got the Love Bug! Happy to get at least one of the trio. :) Good luck to everyone still trying!

Congratulations to Love Bug Sandybellee:D

Sandybellee
02-13-16, 10:19 PM
Congratulations to Love Bug Sandybellee:D

Thank you!

mrhammy48
02-15-16, 04:40 PM
Doesn't look like I'll be getting any of this trio. Ah well. I just have really bad luck with earth/fire

RowanaFarrin
02-16-16, 12:01 PM
Funny story: When I saw the XO Ox, I had decided I wasn't really going to try for the rest of the trio since I already had Kissy Cat, my favorite. I've never been super big on the color pink. XD So I went ahead with 4 element breedings for the elusive crystal unicorn instead and included earth/fire just for the heck of it.

This morning I actually got Love Bug! :D I didn't even know I had the correct timer until I moved it over and saw it, lucky surprise! Guess when it's done evolving, I'll go ahead and try for the Ox as well. Maybe I'll get lucky there too!

Good luck everyone still trying for it! I used Glacial Griffin and Fladingo to get mine, but I don't necessarily recommend it since that's a 4 element combo.

natxjkkggg
02-17-16, 05:15 AM
The third 16 hour timer and ....... Again tortigloo!1

mraguia
02-19-16, 01:35 PM
Finally! After about 10 trillion attempts I've finally got this one cooking. Another day before its hatched + upgrading to level 4 probably leaves me with no time to get the 2nd animal, let alone the 3rd.

happyhoppa
02-19-16, 09:09 PM
Xo Ox is a nature - earth type. How can breeding a love bug (earth-fire) with kissy cat (electric-fire) work? There's no nature type used here.