PDA

View Full Version : Best Dragons to Level to 15 for Prime Breeding

harobeda
08-03-15, 04:56 PM
Has anyone looked at food costs and determined the best dragon to feed up to 15? Or which type is best to feed up?

I'm not sure if it's better to feed up the single color dragon or one with two or three colors. I know it takes two level 15s to get the pure. But I'm slow going getting one dragon to level 15, so I really want to maximize my results for the effort.

Kennedward
08-03-15, 05:03 PM
Depends on what you're aiming for.

If you want to try your luck at the new Prime dragons, then you'll want to feed the single color dragons, plus they eat the least food compared to others.

If you want to get stronger dragons for battle, then you'll want to feed the Champion or Diamonds, but they eat A LOT.

harobeda
08-03-15, 05:34 PM
I've gotten my Fire to level 15, I want the new prime dragons (erroneously called pure in my first post).
At least there is no extra time in the evolver necessary!

Kennedward
08-03-15, 05:43 PM
The next one you need is to get Light to Lv15

debhutchinson
08-04-15, 11:17 AM
I have already evolved Rainbow & Diamond to Level 15. My plan was to target Puffer, Diamond Prism and Prime Energy for breeding. Next I will raise Big Bad and try for Prime Life. I don't plan to raise any Commons. I plan to raise the highest rarity level dragons in hopes of creating a small but strong army for battling.

I'm sure not raising many dragons to Level 15 unless the food costs come down or the means to earn food go up!

Kennedward
08-04-15, 11:21 AM
I have already evolved Rainbow & Diamond to Level 15. My plan was to target Puffer, Diamond Prism and Prime Energy for breeding. Next I will raise Big Bad and try for Prime Life. I don't plan to raise any Commons. I plan to raise the highest rarity level dragons in hopes of creating a small but strong army for battling.

I'm sure not raising many dragons to Level 15 unless the food costs come down or the means to earn food go up!

I only fed my single color ones because they eat the lowest amount of food, but pretty sure will be selling them soon, as more dragons keep on coming out, some dragons have to go

meoconlunar
08-04-15, 11:25 AM
I raised Diamond, Air, Water, Storm, Melody, Lavender (which eat the least food) and Mask (eat so much food but I want to breed so many dragon with this dragon)

Kennedward
08-04-15, 11:38 AM
I raised Diamond, Air, Water, Storm, Melody, Lavender (which eat the least food) and Mask (eat so much food but I want to breed so many dragon with this dragon)

Hm, I guess I could have fed a Pink/Purple hybrid, that would have made it easier, but would still result in too many fails for me, ah well, what's done is done, I don't regret feeding my single color dragons to LV15

renbuxing
08-04-15, 12:22 PM
I have fed these dragons:

- Diamond, Infinity who became to those very strong dragons in Charity tournament, they won all battle 20 to 30 easily
- Unicorn, Magic and Water who costed not too much food.
Unicorn + Magic gave me Prime Magic, also could give Prime Power
Unicorn + Water could give Prime Loyal

I am saving food to feed Chameleon as Diamond + Chameleon could give me another 2 Prime dragons plus Diamond hybrids :)

MaribouMay
08-04-15, 02:15 PM
Do we know that level 15 dragons will be stronger in battle? I realize it seems logical, but that doesn't necessarily make it so. I feel we have little concrete information on leveling up to 15. For instance, if we can level up any dragon to 15, why make the Prime type dragons? Just for the challenge of breeding them?

Kennedward
08-04-15, 04:20 PM
Do we know that level 15 dragons will be stronger in battle? I realize it seems logical, but that doesn't necessarily make it so. I feel we have little concrete information on leveling up to 15. For instance, if we can level up any dragon to 15, why make the Prime type dragons? Just for the challenge of breeding them?

Good question, I still don't have a Prime dragon yet so I cannot confirm you yet. Hopefully some of the players who do can do some tests to see how they do.

Kennedward
08-04-15, 04:26 PM
Oh, and I did some battles with my LV15 dragons, only 1 loss in 10 battles, not bad :cool:

MaribouMay
08-04-15, 05:37 PM
Oh, and I did some battles with my LV15 dragons, only 1 loss in 10 battles, not bad :cool:

I used my level 15 Diamond at the end of the Chariot tournament and didn't see a great improvement in my odds. That is what made me question the assumption that a level 15 Diamond was stronger than a level 10 Diamond.

It could be that only the Prime dragons are stronger at level 15 and the only reason to level up non-primes is to breed Primes. I am hoping we will get some official clarification on this.

Kennedward
08-04-15, 07:10 PM
I used my level 15 Diamond at the end of the Chariot tournament and didn't see a great improvement in my odds. That is what made me question the assumption that a level 15 Diamond was stronger than a level 10 Diamond.

It could be that only the Prime dragons are stronger at level 15 and the only reason to level up non-primes is to breed Primes. I am hoping we will get some official clarification on this.

I used Air, Fire, Water, those guys lol

freesiawoods
08-04-15, 09:12 PM
Yeah some clarification would be helpful. Not that I have food to get even one dragon to l15 lol.

Kennedward
08-05-15, 06:08 AM
lol I have yet see someone says how they did in a battle with Prime dragons, but I think you can still lose even when using it

JMThrive
02-01-16, 03:15 PM
I have my tournament dragons leveled up to 15, Rainbow Sentinel, Warrior Princess and two Diamond dragons. I feel these give me the best overall percentage against any opponents in tournaments.

Now I am interested in breeding some of the Prime dragons. I have Forest, Air, Fire and Water at level 15. I leveled up my Banshee dragon (white and blue) to 15 as it was cheaper food cost than Light dragon. I also have Beast dragon (purple and blue) at level 15 thanks to dragon tales. To level Night dragon from 10 to 15 will cost over 600k food. Is there a different black dragon that would be cheaper to level to 15?

What strategies have you used that were similar to this in getting level 15 dragons for Prime breeding pairs?

Simdiva
02-01-16, 04:04 PM
I was planning on levelling virtue as it gives several options but I already have fire done twice and I am close on a light in a couple places, so at this point I am thinking possibly a pink green would be very helpful. I have heard that better results are obtained with dragons you breed versus won so that narrows it down to either flower or divine. I'm thinking probably divine right now even tho the food costs would be astronomical. I also am thinking hard about taking King up since I erred and already took him to thirteen, for both breeding and battles. The extra feeding has proved to be very worthwhile.

groovyedwin
09-17-16, 12:07 PM
Got my first prime breeding diamond prism with viking trying for glimmer. No luck on getting other primes yet,

Jrod333
09-17-16, 12:59 PM
I never raised light to 15. My advice is raise virtue to 15, it's lower for food, plus has fire, light and virtue in one dragon, and yes all 3 count as 15 in 1 dragon. Other than for primes, and least possible options I don't raise any other dragons to lv 15, it cost way to much food, and we need much better crops first. It's ridiculous, I really don't know how or if anyone raises some of the higher feeding dragons to 10 nevermind 15.

harobeda
09-18-16, 08:14 AM
Well it's a year later from when I first started this thread... I now have 8 dragons at level 15. They are: Fire, magic, light, Diamond, Infinity, Dueler, Beast, and Rainbow Sentinel. I have 27 other dragons at level 14, 13, 12, and 11...

I've bred 3 different prime dragons who are not super impressive to me. The third one I got when trying for something else. I'd say feeding to level 15 should be based first on who your best battle dragons are. To me that's a champion type dragon (or two) and a diamond (if you have it). On one of my other lower accounts that means I've fed up my Passion dragon. Others should feed up Metal. The sheer amount of food needed to get a dragon to 15 is time consuming. My preference is to have every different type of dragon I own to at least a level 7, ones I like to a level 10. Good battlers and stupid dragon tales requirements are the levels 11 and up.

flemlion
09-18-16, 11:36 PM
Specifically for breeding, I've raised: Magic, Watermelon.

But since I wanted them for the battle arena, I've also raised Diamond, Metal and Warrior Princess.

Kennedward
09-18-16, 11:50 PM
Well it's a year later from when I first started this thread... I now have 8 dragons at level 15. They are: Fire, magic, light, Diamond, Infinity, Dueler, Beast, and Rainbow Sentinel. I have 27 other dragons at level 14, 13, 12, and 11...

I've bred 3 different prime dragons who are not super impressive to me. The third one I got when trying for something else. I'd say feeding to level 15 should be based first on who your best battle dragons are. To me that's a champion type dragon (or two) and a diamond (if you have it). On one of my other lower accounts that means I've fed up my Passion dragon. Others should feed up Metal. The sheer amount of food needed to get a dragon to 15 is time consuming. My preference is to have every different type of dragon I own to at least a level 7, ones I like to a level 10. Good battlers and stupid dragon tales requirements are the levels 11 and up.

Agreed, Primes (Prime Power, Prime Magic, etc) are not really the best in terms of battle, I prefer Diamonds and Champions

However, one of my best battlers just so happens to be Prime Eternal, a Prime/Diamond hybrid lol

harobeda
07-19-17, 11:49 AM

Nearly 2 years later from my first post, almost 1 year later from the post quoted above. I now have 12 dragons at level 15, and 16 at level 14, and 46 dragons between level 11 and level 13. It's interesting to me to see a reminder of where I was before compared to now. It feels like I should have more level 15 dragons by now, but when you consider the various events requiring us to feed up dragons, it's not really that surprising.

I did breed Prime Magic recently - I'd fed up my Little Hero Dragon from 14 to 15 so I could try for him plus a couple other regular dragons I lack. But I haven't tried for most of the prime dragons since they require so much food for the parent dragons and can still take a while... I don't feel like they're that special.

newzealander
01-01-18, 09:32 PM
I’m bumping this thread to get some advice on the best dragons to level up for battles. I’m not too bothered about breeding Prime dragons; I’m more interested in good battlers. Because I’ve skipped a few Tales events, I’ve managed to save some food, so I’m ready to splurge a little to fill any gaps I have.

So far at level 15 I have: Diamond, Infinity, Rainbow Sentinel, Black Knight (champion), Achilles, Glasswing, Glimmer (no idea why!), Light Mother, Soccer, Amazon, Valiant, Fire, Water, Air and Forest.

Any suggestions for what I should level up next? I’m thinking maybe Marshmallow? Or a Black type?

tinkyw1nky
01-01-18, 09:59 PM
I?m leveling my water and diamond horn to 15 to try for prime eternal.

jccm1976
11-23-20, 01:03 PM
Can anyone please tell me just HOW I raise a dragon to level 15, or beyond 10 for that matter, -all my level 10 dragons show ?10 MAX LEVEL?.
Thanks

skyharbor602
11-23-20, 02:54 PM
Can anyone please tell me just HOW I raise a dragon to level 15, or beyond 10 for that matter, -all my level 10 dragons show ?10 MAX LEVEL?.
Thanks

To get your dragons past level 10 you need the Noble Crystal from the market.

Paul__
11-23-20, 03:18 PM
Thanks

Once you buy the Noble Crystal, you will be able to feed them above Level 10

jccm1976
11-26-20, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the steer. ��