PDA

View Full Version : Problem in A Pressing Matter 5 of 6

ForeverLadyGrey
01-29-16, 08:00 PM
This morning I started my 7th and 8th tarts to complete this goal but when I picked them up they didn't register on my counter. I force closed the game and 1 showed up, taking my counter from 6/8 to 7/8. Annoyed, I started my 8th tart again. Just picked it up and it's still 7/8. I forced closed and it remained missing. I deleted the game and reinstalled (the valentines version) and it's still not there. Can anyone help me? 4 hours for a second tart is a long time to wait. And there's no guarantee if I make it a 3rd time that it'll even count. Thank you

ForeverLadyGrey
01-30-16, 02:39 PM
I'm running out of time! Can someone please help? Thank you!

kooky panda
01-30-16, 05:27 PM
Please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

The Tasks specifically ask for the items to be made. If the items are in the crafting queue before the Goal is active, it will not count towards the task when you only collect the item.

(merged your threads)

ForeverLadyGrey
01-30-16, 08:16 PM
Please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

The Tasks specifically ask for the items to be made. If the items are in the crafting queue before the Goal is active, it will not count towards the task when you only collect the item.

(merged your threads)

Yes, I've learned that lesson long ago. These tarts weren't started until after I was asked.

Rynetory2
01-31-16, 04:07 AM
Did this problem start after you started using the Valentine's version? Did you have this issue on your old version? If you were able to progress normally on your old version, you may want to try using the old version until you are done with this event. Worth a try while you wait for support to revert. Thanks.

ForeverLadyGrey
02-01-16, 06:01 AM
Did this problem start after you started using the Valentine's version? Did you have this issue on your old version? If you were able to progress normally on your old version, you may want to try using the old version until you are done with this event. Worth a try while you wait for support to revert. Thanks.

No, I installed the Valentines version because after I deleted the game to try to fix this, the Valentines and the winter version were the only 2 versions I saw.

I wrote to support, and I've been waiting 2 days. In the meantime I finally just made an 11th tart and it finally counted. I was on 6 of 6 grape goal and was making my 6/10 jellies and my 4/5 donut and picked them up this morning and they didn't count!! I'm seriously running out of time here! I updated my plea for help in an email, is there any chance I'm going to hear from them before this goal is over?!

ForeverLadyGrey
02-01-16, 06:07 AM
No, I installed the Valentines version because after I deleted the game to try to fix this, the Valentines and the winter version were the only 2 versions I saw.

I wrote to support, and I've been waiting 2 days. In the meantime I finally just made an 11th tart and it finally counted. I was on 6 of 6 grape goal and was making my 6/10 jellies and my 4/5 donut and picked them up this morning and they didn't count!! I'm seriously running out of time here! I updated my plea for help in an email, is there any chance I'm going to hear from them before this goal is over?!

I just uninstalled the valentines version (it doesn't say it's the valentines version until you install it, it looks like a regular version in the App Store) and installed the Holiday Harvest. Still no jellies and donuts. It didn't register the grapes I harvested either, so I have no grapes right now to make more!

Rynetory2
02-01-16, 06:20 AM
Are you using the version that was working? Which version was that?

Your tart counted and the jellies didn't. Could you be having an unstable connection? Please try this.

1. Force close app
2. Disconnect wifi setting
3. Shut off device, router and modem
4. Start modem then router after 2 mins
5. Start device and game.

When is your next grape collection?

ForeverLadyGrey
02-01-16, 07:48 AM
Are you using the version that was working? Which version was that?

Your tart counted and the jellies didn't. Could you be having an unstable connection? Please try this.

1. Force close app
2. Disconnect wifi setting
3. Shut off device, router and modem
4. Start modem then router after 2 mins
5. Start device and game.

When is your next grape collection?

The Valentines version was working enough to finally allow me the 8th tart to count. And for me to have 6 jellies and 3 donuts count. I have no option to download a "regular" version. I'm going to see if I can attach screen shots of the version I'm using.

My next grape collection is in about 3 minutes. I'll try what you suggested.

Oh! The only other detail I can provide is that when I did my pickup this morning, the game had not yet refreshed from last night. It was still running in the background when I clicked on the game. I did my grape collection and jelly and donut pickup and then the chicken walking screen came up, I got my daily bonus and all the game pop ups after that. Would that have anything to do with it?

ForeverLadyGrey
02-01-16, 08:15 AM
The Valentines version was working enough to finally allow me the 8th tart to count. And for me to have 6 jellies and 3 donuts count. I have no option to download a "regular" version. I'm going to see if I can attach screen shots of the version I'm using.

My next grape collection is in about 3 minutes. I'll try what you suggested.

Oh! The only other detail I can provide is that when I did my pickup this morning, the game had not yet refreshed from last night. It was still running in the background when I clicked on the game. I did my grape collection and jelly and donut pickup and then the chicken walking screen came up, I got my daily bonus and all the game pop ups after that. Would that have anything to do with it?

I did all you suggested and I think the grapes counted. It's hard to tell because I already had over 20 purple grapes and 0 green grapes and all I collected this time was purple. So I still can't start any jellies.

It won't let me insert any photos, but the valentines version says its new as of 1/29. It looks like the county fair version in the App Store, but when you click of the description it says it's the valentines version.

I don't think I have time to finish this now, unless I find a ton of green grapes for sale. Do you think support will still credit me with the final prize since I got stuck with game issues and wrote them 2 days ago?

I appreciate all your help with this!

Rynetory2
02-01-16, 08:32 AM
Sorry that you are having these issues. Unfortunately I just sold out all my grapes otherwise I would be happy to help you. Can you send me your ticket number via private message now? I'll check to see if a Community Manager is able to help you on this when they come online few hours from now. Sorry once again.

You may also want to keep checking the event thread to see if anyone is selling.

P.S. This solution worked for another member so I think it should be working for you.

kooky panda
02-01-16, 09:46 AM

Yes this could be an issue. When you are not playing the game, but leave it open, when you come back into the game to play, your game needs to wake up and sync up with Storm 8 servers. You may see progress on your game, but if you game is not synced all your progress may not save to the servers. The walking chicken means that your game is trying to sync up.

When I am finished playing all my games, I restart my iphone before I go to bed. When I get up the next morning all my games load up fresh and I normally do not have any sync issues with my games.

During the day if I do not close out my game, when I come back in, I collect a few coins or visit a neighbor to let my game have time to wake up, then I start collecting and playing the game.

FrozenTurtle
02-01-16, 11:56 AM
when I picked them up they didn't register on my counter

They will register towards your quest when you start the craft, not when you collect it.

ForeverLadyGrey
02-01-16, 01:57 PM
They will register towards your quest when you start the craft, not when you collect it.

But I need that donut to count towards my total so that I can then "give" it. But all is good- another player sold me over 20 green grapes and by making sure the app was force closes each time before going back in, I was able to complete the goals.

Thank you so much to everyone who helped on this!!

Rynetory2
02-02-16, 07:17 AM
Congrats on completing this event and getting your grape pergola. :)