PDA

View Full Version : Good Dragons to Evolve

zaccy678
01-29-16, 03:18 PM
Hi all,

My dilemma is that I've now evolved all my dragons (minus a couple of duplicates) to at least Level 7.

So, in order to get pieces for crafting my mining dragon, I now have to evolve them all to Level 10, which is very expensive!

My question is, what are some easy dragons to breed which have long evolution times (preferably short breeding times ;)) that I can use to get mining pieces?

The other issue I have is that I'm on the old version of the game which doesn't evolve dragons at Level 4, so I need them to be pretty cheap to feed up to Level 7...

Or is this an impossible task?? :eek:

amerirish
01-29-16, 06:52 PM
Hi zaccy678 - I can only share my strategies on evolving. Once I've collected enough mining pieces for the craftable dragon of the time, I stop evolving unless I'm after something (dragons to trade for Black gems for example). Right before the next mining dragon is issued, I evolve just to get up to 25 bombs. I try to only evolve low level dragons that have a breeding time of hours in multiples of 4 as you only get one bomb for every 4 hours. In all the rest of the time, I constantly harvest crops and hoard them. Another thing to consider about evolving is how good the dragon is in battle. I have a few dragons at level 14-15 just for use in the arena. Good luck, I hope you find a strategy that works for you :)

zaccy678
01-29-16, 07:44 PM
Thanks amerirish :-)
I think I'll just have to keep the duplicates I breed and evolve the cheapest ones in order to get my mining pieces.

Otherwise I'm spending all my food on evolving all my dragons to level 10, which leaves me with no food to evolve my fighters beyond level 10.

I'm still yet to get a single dragon beyond level 13, and I've been trying since the new levels came out!
Which is probably why I can't win a tourney to save my life :rolleyes:

It just seems so wasteful to feed up dragons to level 7, then trade or sell them though... Is this what everyone else does once all dragons are at Level 7?

amerirish
01-29-16, 09:16 PM
Whoa! You don't have to level up to 7 in order to trade! Dragons only need to be level 4 to be traded. Same with breeding; minimum level is 4.

As for duplicates...unless you really need the items you get from trading, I wouldn't even bother placing them in a nest. For example, if I get a Coral or a Sunrise I sell them right off the nest. If I get a Night, I'll place it in a nest, feed it to level 3, evolve to level 4 and then trade it for a black gem so I can craft a Tiger's Eye or Onyx.

zaccy678
01-30-16, 12:00 AM
Yeah, originally the game only required evolving at level 7 and 10.
If you were playing the game then, the update wasn't applied to your game.

Hence, now that I have all my dragons at Level 7 or higher, I have no more dragons to evolve for mining pieces other than getting them all to epic.

Does that make more sense now?

So in order to get mining pieces I have a choice of either evolving to Level 10 (which is too expensive to do constantly) or evolve my duplicates to Level 7 and then trade or sell them...

Has anyone else got all their dragons are to L7, and if so do you evolve your duplicates for mining pieces??

DeeDe99
01-30-16, 12:53 AM
Zaccy678, although I complain about having an Evolution Temple bottleneck because we have to do so much more evolving (I have over 80 dragons stuck on level 3 waiting), I really feel for you guys that don't evolve until level 7. That must make mining really hard.

Evolution and breeding times are the same (except for Mercury and I think one or two others), so I can't help you with long evolution and short breeding! LOL.

Our old friend Coral, while not a multiple of 4, is relatively easy to get and 10 hours isn't so bad, otherwise aim for the 12 hour commons that are relatively cheap to feed. You could breed specifically to get those. As much as I hate Penumbra (because Penumbra LOVES me) he is a good source of bombs, being only one hour over 24. So purple blue would be my recommendation. Of course Sunrise at 24 hours is good too - not sure about food costs though.

But I do really feel for your predicament. Not at all easy.

jim23cash
01-30-16, 01:13 AM
Yeah, originally the game only required evolving at level 7 and 10.
If you were playing the game then, the update wasn't applied to your game.

Hence, now that I have all my dragons at Level 7 or higher, I have no more dragons to evolve for mining pieces other than getting them all to epic.

Does that make more sense now?

So in order to get mining pieces I have a choice of either evolving to Level 10 (which is too expensive to do constantly) or evolve my duplicates to Level 7 and then trade or sell them...

Has anyone else got all their dragons are to L7, and if so do you evolve your duplicates for mining pieces??
I have all my Dragons to level 7 and higher (even though I can evolve at 4). I usually work on raising one to nine, and keep a few duplicates to evolve for bombs. Then I just toss them in the "recycler" for gems.
Since you have to raise them to 7, I would stick with commons, unless you need large gems. Find the commons that take 1 to 4 apples on the first feeding level, and stick with those.
If you wondered about if that information might be out there somewhere, like on a wikia, you could google it... :rolleyes:
Good luck! Annie :D

Jackiesq
01-30-16, 08:25 AM
I have a sheet with all my dragons and the feeding costs. Nearly everything is on level9 or higher. I sorted the level 9's by foodcosts/evolvinghour and choose the lowest first if I have no lower levels to evolve. The ones with the longest hours are the best to choose if you haven't enough food, with the short evolutiontimes you will go out of food very fast!

zaccy678
01-30-16, 07:08 PM
Hi DeeDe, Annie, Jackie,
Thanks for your input!

I've had a good think about it, and think the best option might be Water dragons.
12 hours to evolve, and no breeding time DeeDe!! (10,000 coins though...).

About 1800 apples to feed up to L7 by my calculations... Which is still a waste, but it's better than most others.

I think if I keep a few babies around to evolve when I can't afford any other evolutions I should be ok...

DeeDe99
01-31-16, 03:33 AM
Duh at me, never thought of buying the eggs! LOL Darn good idea! :D

freesiawoods
02-02-16, 04:12 AM
Hi DeeDe, Annie, Jackie,
Thanks for your input!

I've had a good think about it, and think the best option might be Water dragons.

About 1800 apples to feed up to L7 by my calculations... Which is still a waste, but it's better than most others.

I think if I keep a few babies around to evolve when I can't afford any other evolutions I should be ok...

Only thing is that you can't trade Water for gems, so the only purpose to feed it would be for the bombs. Just pointing that out in case anyone reading this was unaware.

I bought the bomb dragon aka Demolition for my daughter's game which doesn't evolve at l4, in addition I evolve some duplicate common fails if I have the habitat space.

jim23cash
02-04-16, 01:33 AM
@
Hi DeeDe, Annie, Jackie,
Thanks for your input!

That is a great idea. Coin counts for very little when you get to a certain point. It's easily made back in one collection. Can you trade Water Dragons? That's a really low feeding cost, and guaranteed 2 bombs each time. Brilliant. :D Annie

freshfunin2008
02-04-16, 09:31 AM
Since you only evolve at lvl 7 Water is your best bet and quite cheap. I evolve at lvl 3 and I buy Water dragons regulaly to keep the temple going if I don't want to level up other dragons past 3 or 4.

Hepatu
02-04-16, 10:48 AM
I'm evolving nonstop. Mostly those who give a lot of coins so i can afford the crops and expansions or is good fighters in tournaments. When I run low on crops I evolve the [] and doublicates for crafting

zaccy678
02-04-16, 12:29 PM
@

That is a great idea. Coin counts for very little when you get to a certain point. It's easily made back in one collection. Can you trade Water Dragons? That's a really low feeding cost, and guaranteed 2 bombs each time. Brilliant. :D Annie

Hi Annie,

No, as freesiawoods rightly points out above, you can't trade Water dragons.
However I'm in no need of blue gems, so this doesn't bother me.

I sold a L7 Water yesterday and got 1000 coins, which at least offsets the 10,000 cost of purchasing the dragon...

Thanks for the nice comment :) hopefully it saves some apples for other players too!

amerirish
02-04-16, 01:37 PM
Just a little tip for anyone who wants to make coins: If you are able to breed on the arctic isles, do so regularly. The cost is 200 but when you sell an egg off the nest, you get 1,000 coins for a profit of 800 coins :)

WhidbeyPort
02-07-16, 05:07 PM
Are the mining bombs capped at 25?

kooky panda
02-07-16, 07:17 PM
Are the mining bombs capped at 25?
Yes.......

duh1234wq
02-08-16, 12:00 PM
Yes.......

Kooky, the breeding bombs are capped. The bombs from the demolition dragon are not.
I'm at 35 and counting on one of my devices...

DeeDe99
02-08-16, 03:15 PM
Kooky, the breeding bombs are capped. The bombs from the demolition dragon are not.
I'm at 35 and counting on one of my devices...

Evolution bombs, just for clarity. Breeding drops dynamite. Yes, it has been confirmed by S8 that the Demolition Dragon bombs aren't capped. I'm sitting on 32 total, but receive none from my endless evolving. Which is OK, I'm not likely to suffer an evolution drought any time soon.