PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant : Future Update Chat Thread

kooky panda
01-29-16, 09:46 AM
Hey guys, I wanted to start up a chat thread for you to use while waiting for updates to come out!

Update threads should not be started until there is a teaser, pop up in game or when the updates are released.
Updates threads started early will be closed.

Recently update threads have been started days in advance and when this happens, the thread gets tons of posts so it is hard for members to read through all the pages to get to the actual update information.

I have set this thread up and will open it a few days before the update for you to chat on. It will then be closed when the update is released and reopened again.

Also please note that I have gotten feedback from some members that since they have limited time to check the forum, that they really like it when all the update information is moved to post 1 so when the updates come out please do not start up the update thread if you are unable to maintain it on the day of the update making sure that all information is moved and kept in post 1.

Please make sure your posts on this thread do stay on the topic of the updates.

Thanks!
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaGye5ogG0hCo4S6ATe6eJamOml1Yug HG6m-PzwuzFs3Ai4wXt_g

kooky panda
01-30-16, 09:02 PM
Chat thread for next weeks updates is now open!
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx146/LiliacDeathFlower/45765_1294572293.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/LiliacDeathFlower/media/45765_1294572293.gif.html)

LadyEna
01-31-16, 09:36 PM
Mardi Gras!

One can have hopeful thinking. Lol!

pixiegamer
02-01-16, 12:15 AM
Mardi Gras!

One can have hopeful thinking. Lol!

I also want Mardi Gras! I made some suggestions for it on the Suggestions Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?55358-Restaurant-Story-Theme-Suggestions/page37#post1235180) a while ago, and I really hope some of those make it into the game for next week :) Especially the recipes - Po'boys, Muffulettas, Crawfish Etouffee... yum! :p

Also, I know there's a Valentine's sale going on, but I really really want to see the Jazz Band come back as a limited-time offer! I've been wanting it since it was released last year. Was hoping to get it on Black Friday, but, well... BF didn't really live up to expectations :(

http://40.media.tumblr.com/896195aabb7bca27b3e90b0fe2f6b185/tumblr_nu1bkkkvff1tee8xio1_1280.png

But I feel like bringing it back this year, as a standalone item (aka, not a Bundle Exclusive, like it was when it was first released), makes a lot of sense. For instance:

For Android and Kindle players: this would be the first ever chance to get the Jazz Band for their restaurant. Since it was a bundle exclusive last year, the Jazz Band was only available to iOS players. So, releasing it as an LTO by itself opens it up to a huge market to be able to buy - and that would naturally means more sales! :D

For iOS players: the fact that the Jazz Band was a bundle exclusive last year meant (A) players who wanted it would have had to have at least 75 gems to get it, and (B) because of how bundles work, they would only have been able to get ONE, at maximum.

Bringing it back as an LTO introduces the possibility of buying multiples, which I know some restauranteurs would do to maintain symmetry in their restaurants. Plus, if it's priced right, then S8 could stand to make a lot of profit from the LTO. (As an example, if it were priced at 50 gems, which is relatively standard for a 4x4 display on sale: the sale of 2 Jazz Bands would bring in more gems than the sale of a solitary bundle. If it were priced at 70 gems, which is standard for an out-of-box first place prize, then the profit margin becomes greater).

People may have already exhausted their gem count, or otherwise spent a huge amount of gems, on the current Valentine's sale. Returning the Jazz Band as an LTO could prompt users to buy gems just to be able to get it.

We don't have too many out-of-box musical band displays in RS, so this makes it all the more valuable. In addition to Mardi Gras/New Orleans, I could easily use this for a number of different themes. Desperately hoping it will come back.

Alternatively, S8 could just bring the bundle back, but that would still limit the Jazz Band's availability to iOS players with a hefty gem balance. And, given bundles' one-time-buy nature, that might cause problems for people who've already bought it, etc. I hope Android/Kindle players get the opportunity to buy it if this ends up happening.

sgoetzinger99
02-01-16, 10:36 AM
Pixie gamer, you missed your calling...you should have been a lawyer! Great closing argument.

twospoons
02-01-16, 06:00 PM
i'm all for the jazz band release! they gave us phoebe & gran-gran in the kitchen (that was originally a bundle exclusive, wasn't it?) and it's time to let android have a shot at the rest of it! and since i just spent a bunch of gems getting all decorated for CNY, i can attest that i definitely would have to spend some money to get it. (but of course, i'm just waiting for a sale to buy gems anyway, so that's not really helpful.)

i would also love to see some mardi gras stuff. cause right now one of the best food cities in the U.S. is vastly underrepresented in a restaurant game! i wonder if the big vday sale means they're not planning to have the goals be valentine's this month. i doubt it, but if it were true, i'd hope they were mardi gras goals (even if the timing's a bit wrong).

alternatively, i could do with even more CNY stuff. i know, everybody always says we have enough asian stuff, and i would agree, except i just decorated and had to put japanese & korean stuff in too because i don't have enough chinese stuff.

if it comes down to it, i do think it will be mardi gras. CNY was last week, valentine's will be the goals next week, it's gotta be mardi gras this week, right? hoping for excellent food! and a new parade item that does not have a disturbingly large phoebe's head on the front!

MamaFoodie
02-01-16, 07:47 PM
Need more desserts. Red Velvet cake, Strawberry Cake, German Chocolate cake. Maybe some Valentine cookiEs.

A jazz couple having dinner to go with the Jazz band released last year. Jazz waiter and waitress. Jazz couple dancing. More ethnic people.

New Orleans funeral procession playing with musical instruments. Turnip greens, red beans and rice, banana foster

Fruit appliance with grapes, Grape juice and Grape dessert to go with to Roman theme.

pixiegamer
02-01-16, 10:35 PM
i'm all for the jazz band release! they gave us phoebe & gran-gran in the kitchen (that was originally a bundle exclusive, wasn't it?) and it's time to let android have a shot at the rest of it! and since i just spent a bunch of gems getting all decorated for CNY, i can attest that i definitely would have to spend some money to get it. (but of course, i'm just waiting for a sale to buy gems anyway, so that's not really helpful.)

The Lazy Sunday (Gran Gran and Phoebe kitchen display) was originally a value pack exclusive! Not exactly a bundle exclusive, but also previously iOS-exclusive and a 1-maximum item. I saw quite a few of those in my Android/Kindle neighbors' restaurants after Black Friday :) Thank you so much for bringing this up! If Storm8 could make Phoebe and Gran Gran available to Droiders and Kindlers, they can do it with the Jazz Band!! :D

i would also love to see some mardi gras stuff. cause right now one of the best food cities in the U.S. is vastly underrepresented in a restaurant game! i wonder if the big vday sale means they're not planning to have the goals be valentine's this month. i doubt it, but if it were true, i'd hope they were mardi gras goals (even if the timing's a bit wrong).

alternatively, i could do with even more CNY stuff. i know, everybody always says we have enough asian stuff, and i would agree, except i just decorated and had to put japanese & korean stuff in too because i don't have enough chinese stuff.

if it comes down to it, i do think it will be mardi gras. CNY was last week, valentine's will be the goals next week, it's gotta be mardi gras this week, right? hoping for excellent food! and a new parade item that does not have a disturbingly large phoebe's head on the front!

A jazz couple having dinner to go with the Jazz band released last year. Jazz waiter and waitress. Jazz couple dancing. More ethnic people.

New Orleans funeral procession playing with musical instruments. Turnip greens, red beans and rice, banana foster

Throw us something, Storm8! ;)

(Starts chanting) Mar-di Gras! Mar-di Gras! Mar-di Gras! :D
Jazz Band! Jazz Band! Jazz Band! ;)

planetpeace12
02-02-16, 10:08 AM
Need more desserts. Red Velvet cake, Strawberry Cake, German Chocolate cake. Maybe some Valentine cookiEs.

Fruit appliance with grapes, Grape juice and Grape dessert to go with to Roman theme.

Yes please. I love the dessert suggestions.

214sed
02-02-16, 11:17 AM

In for more desserts and please bring back some ovens in the next few weeks.

LadyEna
02-02-16, 11:36 AM
Fat Tuesday is next week. (Mardi Gras)
But let's not forget Jamiaca's Carnivale just started yesterday
and lasts until the 15th.

aiyoosha
02-02-16, 12:40 PM
Fat Tuesday is next week. (Mardi Gras)
But let's not forget Jamiaca's Carnivale just started yesterday
and lasts until the 15th.

i really really hope any updates we get aint any of these please please no

CassieJo84
02-02-16, 02:14 PM
Oh, I would love to see Mardi Gras/carnivale themes! Actually, a Jamaican theme would be cool anytime. Maybe then we could finally get diverse characters? Lots of color items and interesting dishes could go along with! :)

214sed
02-02-16, 02:48 PM
If there will be a blog soon here is what I will think what will happen:

1. Mardi Gras parade floats.

2. jazz oven.

or 3. just some decorations for Mardi Gras.

pipipooh1977
02-02-16, 03:03 PM
Looks like the update is a Love Boat theme on the S8 blog. Looks neat, nice decor items and new appliance. I'm liking the looks of it. :D

DragonWished
02-02-16, 03:08 PM
The Nautical theme is great! Love the items in the teaser picture. Hope it's goals!

Looks like the update is a Love Boat theme on the S8 blog. Looks neat, nice decor items and new appliance. I'm liking the looks of it. :D

214sed
02-02-16, 03:11 PM

Not bad for a love boat :)! But disappointed that there's now Mardi Gras

kooky panda
02-02-16, 03:34 PM
New Update (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88745-Restaurant-story-update-Feb-2-2016)

LadyEna
02-08-16, 07:30 AM
So what are we hoping the goals are this week?

Still would love to see Mardi Gras or Carnivale.
I have a g/f that goes to Carnivale every year in Jamaica by standby!
She inherited her grandmother's house, she parties 3 days straight.
Lucky gal!

pixiegamer
02-08-16, 09:50 AM
I don't suppose they'd spring the Jazz Band on us as a 24-hour flash sale for Mardi Gras?

http://40.media.tumblr.com/896195aabb7bca27b3e90b0fe2f6b185/tumblr_nu1bkkkvff1tee8xio1_1280.png

Still really really want it :p

I'm gonna guess it'll be Valentine's goals though.

aiyoosha
02-08-16, 10:11 AM
I really hope it's vday goals that'll be so nice please s8

Also I vote that pcarbal starts the update threads cuz hardly anyone else keeps there first post updated.

planetpeace12
02-08-16, 11:40 AM
I hope they stop recycling old themes and give us something new (from around the world please!!!) Although I agree with other players that Valentines goals would be great, it is a little late to start a quest for a holiday that comes up in less than a week. I am really looking forward to seeing more recipes from around the world.

steelersbabyyy
02-08-16, 01:11 PM
valentines goals please!

sgoetzinger99
02-08-16, 03:02 PM
Let's hope that starting the goal thread will be left to those who really know what they're doing and are so conscientious about maintains it...people like Vana, Pepper, and pcabral.

meme1098
02-08-16, 03:44 PM
It's a little late for Valentine's goals. By the time you get the goal prize, it's over & time to move on to Easter.

Let's have some Easter goals so at least get some use out of the decor, for pete's sake!

twospoons
02-08-16, 03:51 PM
let's do easter next month and skip st. paddy's day instead! although i also wouldn't care if we skipped valentine's. but if it is valentine's, i hope it's not overly pink.

ElaineCarrel
02-08-16, 08:15 PM
let's hope that starting the goal thread will be left to those who really know what they're doing and are so conscientious about maintains it...people like vana, pepper, and pcabral.

o most definitely i so agree
HOPEFULLY
THEY WILL DO A EASTER/SPRING CHALLENGE IN MARCH SINCE EASTER FALLS AT THE END OF THE MONTH.

pcabral03
02-09-16, 01:38 AM
I really hope it's vday goals that'll be so nice please s8

Also I vote that pcarbal starts the update threads cuz hardly anyone else keeps there first post updated.

Let's hope that starting the goal thread will be left to those who really know what they're doing and are so conscientious about maintains it...people like Vana, Pepper, and pcabral.

o most definitely i so agree
HOPEFULLY
THEY WILL DO A EASTER/SPRING CHALLENGE IN MARCH SINCE EASTER FALLS AT THE END OF THE MONTH.

Thanks for support, but I think it's gonna be goals on Wednesday. My vote for VanaCatu for goal thread, as always very organized and detailed on them O:-)

PepperWoo
02-09-16, 08:00 AM
I hardly contributed anything in the past few months thanks to pcabral's super fast updates! :D

By the way, has anyone updated their RS apps to version 1.7.8? Does it come with the fix for the bugs since version 1.7.6? I'm a bit skeptical to update because it doesn't say anything in the description aside from the Facebook/Game Center thing.

deekathleen
02-09-16, 08:06 AM
I think pcabral has done an awesome job with posting updates and goal steps :)

aiyoosha
02-09-16, 09:31 AM
I hardly contributed anything in the past few months thanks to pcabral's super fast updates! :D

By the way, has anyone updated their RS apps to version 1.7.8? Does it come with the fix for the bugs since version 1.7.6? I'm a bit skeptical to update because it doesn't say anything in the description aside from the Facebook/Game Center thing.

im not updating, i saw a thread and peoples games are crashing more now. im fine without that stupid fb thing

PepperWoo
02-09-16, 02:33 PM
im not updating, i saw a thread and peoples games are crashing more now. im fine without that stupid fb thing

Saw it too and all I can say is thank goodness I didn't update immediately! I feel sorry for those who did because who knows when will this bug get fixed? I would've stayed on version 1.7.5 back then if not for the gem dispenser only working on 1.7.6 and above.

kooky panda
02-09-16, 03:21 PM
New update thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88955-Restaurant-Story-Update-February-10-2016)

The crashing issue on the update should now be fixed!

kooky panda
02-16-16, 03:15 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89147-Restaurant-Story-Update-February-17-2016

New Update thread .

LadyEna
02-22-16, 11:06 AM
Ok ladies & gents, what are your thoughts on this week's update?

Thinking it's crate/box week.

deekathleen
02-22-16, 11:34 AM
Probably a st Patrick's day box.

twospoons
02-22-16, 12:15 PM
i need a new theme idea. hope the update is inspiring!

planetpeace12
02-22-16, 06:26 PM
i need a new theme idea. hope the update is inspiring!

You're right. I hope they actually give us something interesting this week and not just recycle old stuff like they have been doing.

LalaSmooth
02-23-16, 11:02 AM
Tomorrow will obviously be a crate week. I hope it's no flowery one

planetpeace12
02-23-16, 12:36 PM
Tomorrow will obviously be a crate week. I hope it's no flowery one

Why do you think we will get a crate?

deekathleen
02-23-16, 01:21 PM
Why do you think we will get a crate?

Because there is a crate update at least once a month and I don't think we have had a crate yet this month.

kooky panda
02-23-16, 02:48 PM
New update thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89339-Restaurant-Update-Feb-24th-2016)

planetpeace12
02-29-16, 08:20 PM
Because there is a crate update at least once a month and I don't think we have had a crate yet this month.

We actually did get a crate this month, it was a dog crate. They recycled their obsession with dogs into a crate. Hopefully this week we will not get recycled stuff. I want an Irish theme for St. Patrick's day!!!

deekathleen
02-29-16, 08:31 PM
We actually did get a crate this month, it was a dog crate. They recycled their obsession with dogs into a crate. Hopefully this week we will not get recycled stuff. I want an Irish theme for St. Patrick's day!!!

I know, I posted that before the dog crate update.

kooky panda
03-01-16, 04:45 PM
New Update (http://forums.storm8.com./showthread.php?89528-Restaurant-Story-Update-March-2-2016)

planetpeace12
03-06-16, 04:30 PM
Give us some St. Patrick's stuff, please and thank you.

twospoons
03-06-16, 05:40 PM
I'm hoping it's easter goals, with a side sale of st.pat's stuff. Even though I have more easter stuff than st. Patrick's, I don't have any major displays, just a lot of 1x1 stuff, so i'd love a final goal prize. And more bunnies, cause they're cute.

LadyEna
03-07-16, 12:46 PM
Looking for St. Patrick's or Easter, maybe even a nice Spring theme as well.

I won't be shocked if we get however Ninja Dogs or Musketeer Kittens!

ElaineCarrel
03-07-16, 07:21 PM
This should b a Challenge Update, but w storm8 u never know.

Mair74
03-08-16, 01:41 PM
I also want Mardi Gras! I made some suggestions for it on the Suggestions Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?55358-Restaurant-Story-Theme-Suggestions/page37#post1235180) a while ago, and I really hope some of those make it into the game for next week :) Especially the recipes - Po'boys, Muffulettas, Crawfish Etouffee... yum! :p

Also, I know there's a Valentine's sale going on, but I really really want to see the Jazz Band come back as a limited-time offer! I've been wanting it since it was released last year. Was hoping to get it on Black Friday, but, well... BF didn't really live up to expectations :(

But I feel like bringing it back this year, as a standalone item (aka, not a Bundle Exclusive, like it was when it was first released), makes a lot of sense. For instance:

For Android and Kindle players: this would be the first ever chance to get the Jazz Band for their restaurant. Since it was a bundle exclusive last year, the Jazz Band was only available to iOS players. So, releasing it as an LTO by itself opens it up to a huge market to be able to buy - and that would naturally means more sales! :D

For iOS players: the fact that the Jazz Band was a bundle exclusive last year meant (A) players who wanted it would have had to have at least 75 gems to get it, and (B) because of how bundles work, they would only have been able to get ONE, at maximum.

Bringing it back as an LTO introduces the possibility of buying multiples, which I know some restauranteurs would do to maintain symmetry in their restaurants. Plus, if it's priced right, then S8 could stand to make a lot of profit from the LTO. (As an example, if it were priced at 50 gems, which is relatively standard for a 4x4 display on sale: the sale of 2 Jazz Bands would bring in more gems than the sale of a solitary bundle. If it were priced at 70 gems, which is standard for an out-of-box first place prize, then the profit margin becomes greater).

People may have already exhausted their gem count, or otherwise spent a huge amount of gems, on the current Valentine's sale. Returning the Jazz Band as an LTO could prompt users to buy gems just to be able to get it.

We don't have too many out-of-box musical band displays in RS, so this makes it all the more valuable. In addition to Mardi Gras/New Orleans, I could easily use this for a number of different themes. Desperately hoping it will come back.

Alternatively, S8 could just bring the bundle back, but that would still limit the Jazz Band's availability to iOS players with a hefty gem balance. And, given bundles' one-time-buy nature, that might cause problems for people who've already bought it, etc. I hope Android/Kindle players get the opportunity to buy it if this ends up happening.
This theme has already been don't hope they don't do it again !

kooky panda
03-08-16, 03:03 PM
New update (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89728-Restaurant-Story-Update-March-9-2016)

planetpeace12
03-15-16, 09:30 AM
What about an Irish theme?

kooky panda
03-15-16, 03:28 PM
New Update:
Restaurant Story: March 16 2016 (http://forums.storm8.com./showthread.php?89957-Restaurant-Story-March-16-2016)

planetpeace12
03-22-16, 08:15 AM
I hope they give us some kind of country theme. We all want some world variety, all we have been getting was recycled and childish updates. There are so many things they can do when it comes to themes from around the world.

kooky panda
03-22-16, 02:32 PM
New Update
-Restaurant-Update-23rd-March-2016 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90151-Restaurant-Update-23rd-March-2016)

airamsdragons
03-26-16, 10:42 PM
I can't believe this!! There was no St.Patricks goal/update AND NO EASTER goal/update? ??!!!!

sandylbaum
03-26-16, 10:55 PM
Yes it was very disappointing.

slayer7000
03-26-16, 11:29 PM
Yep :(

CDsDiner14
03-27-16, 06:01 AM
Is anyone working on a way to lay down more than 1 floor tile at a time? Its annoying to replace over 400 tiles one by one.

planetpeace12
03-27-16, 08:11 AM
I can't believe this!! There was no St.Patricks goal/update AND NO EASTER goal/update? ??!!!!

I know :(

LadyEna
03-27-16, 01:42 PM
Well I am hoping for more flowers, Spring, etc.
Hopefully lilies, gladiolus, different flowers than what we presently have.
Don't really want another Rain theme for April Showers!

Or even an April Fools theme, with jesters and pranks.
But however it's a bit late for this as well.

planetpeace12
03-27-16, 06:44 PM
I want to see more international recipes. There is so much more they can do with world variety. We are all tired of childish updates. I really don't want to be disappointed with the next update. Give us a taste of other countries please.

DragonWished
03-29-16, 01:41 PM
blog is out

kooky panda
03-29-16, 02:04 PM
Update thread :
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90319-Restaurant-Update-March-30-2016

ElaineCarrel
04-04-16, 05:33 PM
Figuring we'll c a new appliance this wk since it's only the 1st update of the month. I don't anticipate a new challenge till next wk. Hopefully we'll get spring time decor and a spring themed appliance.

LadyEna
04-05-16, 08:46 AM
I'm thinking it could be goal week. At least I am hoping for one.

Spring, different country, wouldn't mind a fine restaurant theme
with table linen, waiters, etc.

IsisGarden
04-05-16, 09:42 AM
I barely just finished the goals for last month, and I am still building ovens. This semester of teaching has been crazy, so playing the games has been hard. Not sure I'm ready for new goals. When is Summer Break again?

kooky panda
04-05-16, 02:10 PM
Restaurant Update: April 6 2016 (http://forums.storm8.com./showthread.php?90520-Restaurant-Update-April-6-2016)

dianeupside
04-11-16, 06:12 PM
Having new appliance withdrawal... Really looking forward to Goals this week, hope they are nice. ❤

LalaSmooth
04-12-16, 12:33 PM
I am hoping for an Australian theme one day!
I hope we have nice goals because need new food to master

kooky panda
04-12-16, 01:39 PM
Hey guys, since I am now starting the update thread when the teaser comes out, I do not think we need this thread.

New Update thread

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90715-Restaurant-Update-April-13-2016