PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 1/28 Update - The Blythewood Faeries, Part 3

Pages : [1] 2

sourp4tch
01-28-16, 12:02 PM
Glimmerwood antics have run rampant once more! Only this time, something far more nefarious may be at hand... No one has seen anyone suspicious about, have they? Ensuring the kingdom's safety is a ruler's top priority!!!

[==Update requires completion of A Faerie-ful Queen, and will be here to stay.==]

I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: GONE

sourp4tch
01-28-16, 12:02 PM
The Blythewood Faeries, Part 3
prepared by SpiritWind

Main Storyline. Not timed.
Goal Pre-requisites: Must have completed A Faerie-ful Queen from Part 2
Link to Part 1 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84455-Castle-Story-09-03-15-Update-The-Blythewood-Faeries-Part-1)
Link to Part 2 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84776-Castle-Story-09-17-Update-The-Blythewood-Faeries-Part-2)
Link to Part 3 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88571-Castle-Story-1-28-Update-The-Blythewood-Faeries-Part-3)
Link to Main Goal Guide - for pictures http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-Story-Main-Goal-Guide&p=1242321&viewfull=1#post1242321

The description of the shimmering sands as posted by meme has been updated. Shimmering sands ONLY drop from the Magic Garden. They will NOT drop from the Plume Hive adventure.

My observation: seems to me the average wait time for a strand drop is around 5-7 collections. I think that's why we are getting a month to complete part 3 before part 4 starts end of Feb. The rest of the goal can be completed quite quickly if you're prepared. The goal just ends in limbo like the other parts. So bring on P4!

Goals:
1. Spritely Snooping
Follow Azalea among the flowers 0/10 (skip 20 gems) [fruit trees, faeriebed, all flowers, mushrooms, multi-coloured hedge]
Trail Azalea through the Market Place 0/5 (skip 50)
Check a level 5 Faerie Bulb 0/5 (skip 50 gems)
Rewards: 1750 coin, 6 xp

2. Panic At The Plume Hive (collecting completes this goal)
Adventure to the Plume Hive
Requirements: 3 allergy potion, 5 smoked fish sandwich, 1 faerie offering
Allergy Potion - 2 hours - 1 vital extract, 2 sugar, 1 apple
Vital Extract - 2 hours - 5 piles of seeds, 15 mushrooms, 3 living wood
Smoked Fish Sandwich - 1 hour - 1 bread, 1 butterfish, 5 cabbage
Faerie Offering - 4 hours - 3 cake, 15 jewels, 15 silver

Rewards: 390 coin, 3 xp

3. Anyone home?
Search for clues at the Magic Garden. (It may take several trips to complete this step. 1-2 shimmering strands drop). When the strands drop, the completed rewards screen appears.

4. An Ominous Glimmer
Examine the Shimmering Strands 0/1 - Magic Forge, 4 hours - 5 shimmering strands, 20 faeries murmur, 30 glimmer shards (the green ones)
Check on Fwipple (collect from a faerie bulb)
Rewards: 1750 coin, 6 xp
Note: it takes 5 strands from the magic garden to do the craft to examine the strands. This is going to take a long time!
Note: it was posted that the examination goal may have only produced blythedust, so for the hoarders, you may want to only get extra shimmering strands and not do 2 crafts.

5. Threatening Threads
Take Fwipple and Preedle to safety 0/3 (visit Sabina's house)
Rally the Knights! TO ARMS! 0/1 (go on any adventure) returning and collecting completes this goal.
Have Level 5 Watchtowers or Lantern Spires 0/4 update: you need to HAVE 4 of these at level 5. It is not collecting from as previously thought. Thank you sourp4tch for letting us know. ;)

6. A Potion From, And For, The Past
Chop down 5 Blythewood trees 6 chops each. you can have 1 chop left in preparation (worked for me!).... SW
Prepare the Fadeprint Elixir 0/1 - Potion Shop, 8 hours - 50 water, 10 enchanters essence, 50 Blythewood Dust
Check the Fur Burrow 0/1 (go on adventure) returning and collecting completes this goal.

The next part to this goal is Search & Rescue: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89381-Castle-Story-2-25-Update-Search-and-Rescue-Part-1

Extract from Building Guide:
Lantern Spire
Building and Upgrading materials:

Level
Materials

3 Stone Block, 3 Wood Beam

1 Purple Dye, 30 Wood, 30 Stone

3 Fancy Block, 3 Fancy Beam, 10 Mermaid Scales

5 Fancy Block, 5 Fancy Beam, 15 Silver Ore

3 Royal Block, 3 Royal Beam, 10 Jewels

Watchtower
Building and Upgrading materials:

Level
Materials

3 Stone Block, 3 Wood Beam

1 Blue Dye, 30 Wood, 30 Stone

3 Fancy Block, 3 Fancy Beam, 30 Iron Ore

5 Fancy Block, 5 Fancy Beam, 15 Silver Ore

3 Royal Block, 3 Royal Beam, 3 Hearty Stew

l03z
01-28-16, 01:32 PM
Tend 10 flowers
Visit market place 5x
Visit level 5 fearie bulb 5x

paisdelasmaravillas
01-28-16, 01:33 PM
The event begins
First quest

10 flowers, you can use any flower, not only bush
5 times to faery bulb level 5, a lot of time... 2 days...
And 5 times to market, I only have three

dragon2046
01-28-16, 01:34 PM
The event begins
First quest

10 flowers, you can use any flower, not only bush
5 times to faery bulb level 5, a lot of time... 2 days...
And 5 times to market, I only have three

Next is to adventure to plume hive. :)

danzplace
01-28-16, 01:41 PM
Fruit trees count too for tending. Remind me,nwhat's needed for the plume hive so I can stock up? Thanks

Iceglimmer
01-28-16, 01:45 PM
Glad I made that second level five bulb.

roguebee
01-28-16, 01:45 PM
From the Hub... http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85513-Castle-Story-Adventure-Guide

Envoy to the Plume Hive
Adventure Requirement: 3 allergy potion, 5 smoked fish sandwich, 1 faerie offering

Allergy Potion - 2 hours - 1 vital extract, 2 sugar, 1 apple
Vital Extract - 2 hours - 5 piles of seeds, 15 mushrooms, 3 living wood
Smoked Fish Sandwich - 1 hour - 1 bread, 1 butterfish, 5 cabbage
Faerie Offering - 4 hours - 3 cake, 15 jewels, 15 silver

touchdown69
01-28-16, 01:57 PM
I'm on part 4 of quest here are pictures: 28091
And it will require more than one trip to gather the shimmering strands, in order to properly study it, in which can be obtained from magic garden!

ladyperidot
01-28-16, 03:08 PM
Fruit trees count too for tending. Remind me,nwhat's needed for the plume hive so I can stock up? Thanks

Fairy flowerbed also counted for the flower tending

nessa005
01-28-16, 03:23 PM
Fairy flowerbed also counted for the flower tending

Mushrooms counted too.

roguebee
01-28-16, 03:26 PM
Mushrooms counted too.

So did the Multi-Colored Hedge.

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-28-16, 03:27 PM
YAY! A main storyline update to break up the monster mashing monotony, lol.
Thanks, S8! :)

eastie41
01-28-16, 06:22 PM
So happy to see this quest line! :cool:

riverly
01-28-16, 07:51 PM
Something nefarious at hand?? That could be interesting.

hagypagy
01-28-16, 08:04 PM
So good! =D

newzealander
01-28-16, 08:55 PM
Can we start the Plume Hive adventure before completing the previous market and faerie bulb collections?

meme1098
01-29-16, 06:46 AM
Can we start the Plume Hive adventure before completing the previous market and faerie bulb collections?

Just don't collect from the keep until you get to that goal.
I'm curious what is the 3rd step. It was totally skipped over to step 4. Anybody remember what they did after collecting the adventure?

parlski
01-29-16, 08:50 AM
I'm going to take my time and savour this quest.

sunnygirl634
01-29-16, 10:16 AM
3rd Step Info:

3. Anybody Home?

Search for Clues 0/1 (Keep searching the Magic Garden!) (no gem skip available)

Rewards: 1750 coins and +6 XP

When I clicked on the Magic Garden it dropped x1 Shimmering Strands

sunnygirl634
01-29-16, 10:24 AM
Here is a picture of Step 4 without the checkmark on the Fwipple step

So 22 hours between step 3 and step 4 since they each require you to visit the Magic Garden, unless of course you skip. I'm not going to so it will be a day before I have more to report.

vontalken
01-29-16, 10:29 AM
GLIMMER SPIDERS!!! GAH!!!!!! nope nope nope nope!

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-29-16, 10:34 AM
GLIMMER SPIDERS!!! GAH!!!!!! nope nope nope nope!
*squeeeeeeealing like the girl that I am!!!!* lol
OMG, where!?!?!!
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Nooooooooooooo. Lol

Somebody **** 'em!
*running away squealing* lol

nukesters2
01-29-16, 10:40 AM
I had just gotten to the part where it says to place Fwipple in the faerie bulb, but I didn't want to take her out of my inventory! lol so I came to the forum to see if we ever get her back out and found this thread! Of course I went around and did everything in my whole kingdom first though....how many times before I figure out to check the forums first!! lol!! so now it will take a little longer to do everything.
So Fwipple is still there in the faerie bulb? from the last quest? she never comes out? I see part of this quest is to "check on Fwipple"

ladyperidot
01-29-16, 12:20 PM
I'm going to take my time and savour this quest.

Me too. Other than daily monster challenges and the daily market trade thing that I ignore, I don't have anything in my goal book

meme1098
01-29-16, 12:23 PM
3rd Step Info:

3. Anybody Home?

Search for Clues 0/1 (Keep searching the Magic Garden!) (no gem skip available)

Rewards: 1750 coins and +6 XP

When I clicked on the Magic Garden it dropped x1 Shimmering Strands

Thanks for doing that Sunny....still need a few more times tapping the bulb. :)

clk48706
01-29-16, 01:54 PM
I do not have this quest.
Do I have to complete Charm Checklist first? I kind of gave up on it when I had to go on multiple adventures to get the first one.

Never mind. I just saw that I need to do Quest 2 first. Oh well ..... sigh ........

vontalken
01-29-16, 01:55 PM
I do not have this quest.
Do I have to complete Charm Checklist first? I kind of gave up on it when I had to go on multiple adventures to get the first one.

That is part of the main story line. So yes. You need to finish.

dragon2046
01-29-16, 02:37 PM
SPOILER ALERT. Don't read this if u don't want to know how this story line ends.

Sorry I don't post pictures but u basically use resources wait days and days go on I think 2 adventures to plume hive one adventure to anywhere your choice. Then the story line ends... And I mean it just ends ???
So no rush, no rewards, nothing new it just ends. :/.
Glad to get back to story line but .... Enjoy everyone and take your time no rush. :)

sunnygirl634
01-29-16, 03:08 PM
Just realized there is more to step 4 than I realized.

Here is the first pic again:

The "Examine the Shimmering Shards" is actually in the Magic Forge:

So it's going to take days and days to get this done. No rush since it looks like there will be a Part 4 and that will likely be released months from now. Oh well, still grateful for Part 3 being finally released.

ShibuyaCloth
01-29-16, 03:19 PM
Does "Examine the Shimmering Shards" basically produce back 1 strand out of 5??? Or is it called shard with the same picture.

meme1098
01-29-16, 03:32 PM
Just realized there is more to step 4 than I realized.

Here is the first pic again:

The "Examine the Shimmering Shards" is actually in the Magic Forge:

So it's going to take days and days to get this done. No rush since it looks like there will be a Part 4 and that will likely be released months from now. Oh well, still grateful for Part 3 being finally released.

So you need 5 to craft 1 of the same thing???? What??? That just looks so off...lol

Question for S8:
And are they Strands? Or Shards??

ktorewqas
01-29-16, 05:33 PM
What's the drop rate of the shards? Does it drop from the adventure? Thanks :)

dragon2046
01-29-16, 05:52 PM
What's the drop rate of the shards? Does it drop from the adventure? Thanks :)

It's one of those cross your fingers and hope u are lucky. It is not a guaranteed drop. :/
It drops from magic garden.

Mine are called shimmering strands. :)

sunnygirl634
01-29-16, 06:07 PM
Question for S8:
And are they Strands? Or Shards??

I know, it's confusing. Since it's the strands that drop from the magic garden, it seems like we take 5 of those to make the "shards" since that it what the Forge says? Maybe the picture is wrong?

I'm going to collect enough strands to complete two of these crafts for my hoarding. So it will be days before I get there.

PrincessCupOButter
01-29-16, 09:28 PM

It looks like we may be revisiting the faeries later in February!
I'm not rushing part 3 though, since it's the only thing I have to do. (Besides hunting monsters for the next few days, that is.)

ktorewqas
01-30-16, 05:44 AM
It's one of those cross your fingers and hope u are lucky. It is not a guaranteed drop. :/
It drops from magic garden.

Mine are called shimmering strands. :)
Thank you! So it could be month ;)

sunnygirl634
01-30-16, 06:56 AM
Update: They had the wrong word in the Magic Forge. When I updated to the new edition, I got "Strands" in the forge:

So it's "Examine the Shimmering Strands"

rulerofjennyville
01-30-16, 07:10 AM
I'm up to plume hive. I've liked what I got from this challenge so far.

meme1098
01-30-16, 07:14 AM
Update: They had the wrong word in the Magic Forge. When I updated to the new edition, I got "Strands" in the forge:

So it's "Examine the Shimmering Strands"

Saw the update in the App Store and did you notice the items listed there?

Tap to enlarge

Some updates coming in Feb are listed.

And just saw SW posted it in the Sneak Peek thread....lol

katbtodd
01-30-16, 07:18 AM
Saw the update in the App Store and did you notice the items listed there?

Tap to enlarge

Some updates coming in Feb are listed.

And just saw SW posted it in the Sneak Peak thread....lol

Also Spirtwind posted in another thread

meme1098
01-30-16, 07:24 AM
Also Spirtwind posted in another thread

I just saw that...lol.

Dabag
01-30-16, 09:59 AM
Blythewood Faeries Part 3 - 6 goals

1. Spritely Snooping
2. Panic At The Plume Hive
3. Anybody Home?
4. An Ominous Glimmer
5. Threatening Threads

Part 4 begins Feb.25.2016

FYI: for the collectors among you,
the potions disappear from the craft list, when related goal completed

ShibuyaCloth
01-30-16, 10:22 AM
Blythewood Faeries Part 3 - 6 goals

1. Spritely Snooping
2. Panic At The Plume Hive
3. Anybody Home?
4. An Ominous Glimmer
5. Threatening Threads

Part 4 begins Feb.25.2016

FYI: for the collectors among you,
the potions disappear from the craft list, when related goal completed

Good to know, just need to know the ingredient so I can start stockpile them. The usual trick will be to launch crafting in parallel.

Seriously700
01-30-16, 11:08 AM
I collected from my plume hive adventure but didn't get any special drops. Got the goal for the magic garden, collected from there but didn't get any strands and the goal didn't check off so I'm still on goal 3. I had read that the adventure drop wasn't guaranteed but I hadn't realized that magic garden drops were random too. Oh well. At least this isn't a timed event.

Does anyone know if the plume hive adventure might still drop strands once you finish that goal?

dragon2046
01-30-16, 11:45 AM
I collected from my plume hive adventure but didn't get any special drops. Got the goal for the magic garden, collected from there but didn't get any strands and the goal didn't check off so I'm still on goal 3. I had read that the adventure drop wasn't guaranteed but I hadn't realized that magic garden drops were random too. Oh well. At least this isn't a timed event.

Does anyone know if the plume hive adventure might still drop strands once you finish that goal?

I only received the strands from the magic garden and it was multiple tries before I got any. Good luck. :)

Seriously700
01-30-16, 01:14 PM
I only received the strands from the magic garden and it was multiple tries before I got any. Good luck. :)

Thanks for the info.

So we need 5 of a rare drop from an item that we only have 1 of, that has a 22 hour collection time. I guess that gives us a few weeks. S8 knows how to pack in the fun lol.

sunnygirl634
01-30-16, 02:06 PM

I've only collected twice, but I've received strands on both occasions.

Dabag
01-30-16, 02:13 PM
Good to know, just need to know the ingredient so I can start stockpile them. The usual trick will be to launch crafting in parallel.

4. An Ominous Glimmer
Examine Shimmering Strands: Magic Forge 4 hours
Requires> 5 Shimmering Strands. 20 Faerie Murmurs. 30 Glimmer Shards

6. A Potion From, And For, The Past -Potion Shop craft
Fadeprint Elixir: Potion Shop 8hrs. 50 Blythedust.10 Enchanters Essence. 50 Water.

Dabag
01-30-16, 02:17 PM

The visit to the Plume Hive was to find all the Faeries gone.
Because Sabina had seen Azalea flitting about the kingdom earlier, Ivy & Sabina decided to check around the kingdom for clues.
That became the next goal Anybody Home?
visiting the Magic Garden and collecting the Shimmering Strands

hope this helps

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-30-16, 02:25 PM
4. An Ominous Glimmer
Examine Shimmering Strands: Magic Forge 4 hours
Requires> 5 Shimmering Strands. 20 Faerie Murmurs. 30 Glimmer Shards

6. A Potion From, And For, The Past -Potion Shop craft
Fadeprint Elixir: Potion Shop 8hrs. 50 Blythedust.10 Enchanters Essence. 50 Water.
Thx, Dabag, you rock. :)
Do we actually CRAFT something in step 4 when we examine the shimmering strands or are we spending 4 hours to just "look" at them in the magic forge but are actually crafting nothing?
Lol, hope that makes sense. (cuz it makes a difference for us hoarders, lol)

ktorewqas
01-30-16, 03:52 PM
Will the five shards be turned into one? I have one now, can I pass lol

Dabag
01-30-16, 04:47 PM
Thx, Dabag, you rock. :)
Do we actually CRAFT something in step 4 when we examine the shimmering strands or are we spending 4 hours to just "look" at them in the magic forge but are actually crafting nothing?
Lol, hope that makes sense. (cuz it makes a difference for us hoarders, lol)

sorry, I did the goal backwards so it completed when I collected from the Magic Forge

- only saw the black ribbon telling me that I was maxed on Blythedust.
can only surmise that Blythedust was the item - not how many or if anything else was there too.
did not find a new item in my inventory and I checked all the pages. lol
maybe someone else can let us both know.

the Fadeprint Elixer produces a bottle for your inventory and the inventory card has max of 99.

hope this helps
dabag

ktorewqas
01-30-16, 06:06 PM
Just checked my inventory, I have two shimmeringr strands. I only collected from the garden once so it can drop two or the adventure dropped one too:confused: I should have paid more attention ;)

coolssp
01-30-16, 09:44 PM
Just checked my inventory, I have two shimmeringr strands. I only collected from the garden once so it can drop two or the adventure dropped one too:confused: I should have paid more attention ;)

You are very lucky :) the adventure and the magic garden didn't drop anything for me :(

meme1098
01-31-16, 07:32 AM
You are very lucky :) the adventure and the magic garden didn't drop anything for me :(

Nothing for me either so far except the 1st one. Ok, this is gonna take quite awhile :(

The back of the Strand card does say they are found around the plume hive so hoping for a drop there later today.

QueenCarolyn
01-31-16, 07:49 AM
The back of the Strand card does say they are found around the plume hive so hoping for a drop there later today.

Does anyone know if plume hive adventures from the barracks count?

burritosprings
01-31-16, 09:42 AM
5. Threatening Threads
Rally the Knights! TO ARMS! 0/1 (go on any adventure) need to know if it's send or return ???
Have Level 5 Watchtowers or Lantern Spires 0/4

Nvm post. Read descriptin wrong

sunnygirl634
01-31-16, 09:53 AM
For anyone far enough...do the strands keep dropping from the Magic Garden after completing step 3-the examine one? I'd like to collect as many strands as possible, and so I'm wondering if I need to hold off examining them to collect more. Granted it's hard enough to collect 5 but since I know I have a month, I might hold off. BUT...if they do continue to drop then I don't need to hold off. Thanks for any info.

plby
01-31-16, 10:52 AM
5. Threatening Threads
Rally the Knights! TO ARMS! 0/1 (go on any adventure) need to know if it's send or return ???
Have Level 5 Watchtowers or Lantern Spires 0/4

Nvm post. Read descriptin wrong

Watchtowers and spires, do they have to be on the board or do buildings in storage count?

Dabag
01-31-16, 11:03 AM
Does anyone know if plume hive adventures from the barracks count?

Yes, from the Barracks -Envoy to the Plume Hive will count.
Remember to wait for the goal to appear on your Kingdom Goals before you collect.

(fyi- I have more than 1 account so try to anticipate my own curiosity)

SpiritWind00
01-31-16, 01:40 PM
Watchtowers and spires, do they have to be on the board or do buildings in storage count?

It means collect from 4 x level 5 buildings, not have... ;);). Log, better check what I have too! Off to make more fish sandwiches too. I love a story that takes more than a weekend to finish.

belbar22
01-31-16, 02:42 PM
Aargh misunderstood and have just levelled up 4 watchtowers to level 5.

On another note. I went on my adventure to plum hive and then collected from my garden and it didn't register so now I have to wait another 22 hours. Has this happened to anyone else.

burritosprings
01-31-16, 02:48 PM

On another note. I went on my adventure to plum hive and then collected from my garden and it didn't register so now I have to wait another 22 hours. Has this happened to anyone else.

I had same question but figured i read wrong. If you are on step 3 just collecting from Magic Garden isnt enough. Have to get the shimmering strands to drop. Also i only got one strand from Garden

PrincessCupOButter
01-31-16, 02:55 PM

Same here, nothing from the magic garden and the visit didn't register. I am waiting for the magic garden to be ready again. Fingers crossed! As for the towers and spires, I had 2 level 5 spires and 2 level 4 towers. So I went ahead and leveled up the towers so I could knock out those visits all at once. :)
Other than that I'm not rushing, like SW, I like updates that take a while to finish....and aren't timed!

merlin3108
01-31-16, 03:09 PM

Same thing happened to me... Collected from the magic garden and goal did not check nor did I get strands... So I have to wait until tomorrow night and hope to have more luck then.... Find this set up rather strange...

belbar22
01-31-16, 03:48 PM
Thanks all. Nice to know it's not a glitch. Will just wait patiently then.

ktorewqas
01-31-16, 03:59 PM

On another note. I went on my adventure to plum hive and then collected from my garden and it didn't register so now I have to wait another 22 hours. Has this happened to anyone else.I upgraded 4 towers to lvl 5 too :eek:

SpiritWind00
01-31-16, 04:48 PM
Power outage at work so I've snuck on here (shhhhh!) with goal 3, it will complete when the magic garden drops the strands.

I've updated post 2 again re watchtowers. Given they are a 4 hour collection time, having 1 at level 5 and collecting from it 4 times will work. or you could have more... :)

burritosprings
01-31-16, 05:58 PM
Power outage at work so I've snuck on here (shhhhh!) with goal 3, it will complete when the magic garden drops the strands.

I've updated post 2 again re watchtowers. Given they are a 4 hour collection time, having 1 at level 5 and collecting from it 4 times will work. or you could have more... :)

I think hard goals are good. Twisted Sister was hard but it felt good to finish it.. Keep challenging us S8 ). Bring It!!!

PrincessCupOButter
01-31-16, 06:17 PM
Success on the second visit to the magic garden, but I only got one shimmering strand. None from my second plume hive adventure. This may take a while.

meme1098
01-31-16, 06:30 PM
Success on the second visit to the magic garden, but I only got one shimmering strand. None from my second plume hive adventure. This may take a while.

I'm not getting any strands from the Plume Hive adventure either. Wonder why since the description on the back of the strand card says "Found around the plume hive...What could they be from?" Exact words...lol

Hopefully I'll get some (or one) from the magic garden in the morning. Still just at 1 strand...lol. Glad to hear though they are dropping at least.

SpiritWind00
01-31-16, 06:49 PM
I'll check about the Plume Hive adventure.... :)

coolssp
01-31-16, 07:06 PM
3 taps at magic garden with no strands :( and the monster goal has also disappeared a day early

coolssp
01-31-16, 07:10 PM

What is the gem skip on this? Don't have a single tower in a bid to get RP, just wondering if I need to sell on Royal building to make a tower? With no strands yet, and all building materials at 99, it won't be a problem except loss of RP

SpiritWind00
01-31-16, 07:19 PM
What is the gem skip on this? Don't have a single tower in a bid to get RP, just wondering if I need to sell on Royal building to make a tower? With no strands yet, and all building materials at 99, it won't be a problem except loss of RP

edit: got rid of unwanted info.

it's 100 gems to skip this goal... there's a link in post 2 to the main goal thread and Dabag already has posted pictures.

coolssp
02-01-16, 02:29 AM
edit: got rid of unwanted info.

it's 100 gems to skip this goal... there's a link in post 2 to the main goal thread and Dabag already has posted pictures.

Thanks for the prompt reply

ladyperidot
02-01-16, 05:57 AM
I'm not getting any strands from the Plume Hive adventure either. Wonder why since the description on the back of the strand card says "Found around the plume hive...What could they be from?" Exact words...lol

Hopefully I'll get some (or one) from the magic garden in the morning. Still just at 1 strand...lol. Glad to hear though they are dropping at least.

Good luck! I made the mistake of just clicking on the magic garden rather than going thru the button in the goal book. Thus, it didn't give me credit for visiting. Oh well, other than monster hunting, this is all I have to do so I'm not in a huge hurry

meme1098
02-01-16, 06:56 AM
This morning I finally had a streak of luck & actually got 2 strands collecting from the Magic Garden.

And...
Thanks SW for checking if the Plume Hive Adventure drops them. I think your encouragement brought me some good luck on that MG collection. :D

ktorewqas
02-01-16, 08:42 AM
This morning I finally had a streak of luck & actually got 2 strands collecting from the Magic Garden.

And...
Thanks SW for checking if the Plume Hive Adventure drops them. I think your encouragement brought me some good luck on that MG collection. :D
So the drop rate would've be 0-2 :D

roguebee
02-01-16, 09:14 AM
I finally collected my first strand from the Magic Garden. No luck yet from the adventure...

jim23cash
02-01-16, 11:50 AM
I've visited garden 3 times, only one thread from first time. *YAWN* I'm making no progress with this goal, and getting bored with it. If we can only visit once a day, and need 5 strands, couldn't you make the drop rate a little higher?
please?

sourp4tch
02-01-16, 12:20 PM
Keep challenging us S8 ). Bring It!!!

As you wish >8] <3

riverly
02-01-16, 12:20 PM
Why is there such ridiculous drop rates?? It is such a hugh frustration to so many players. I know my tendency is to delete a game when I feel irritated when I play.

sourp4tch
02-01-16, 12:26 PM

Check the Fur Burrow 0/1 (go on adventure) again, is it the sending or completing? It's usually collecting... Please confirm... SW

It looks like we might have till the end of Feb to do this goal. So, take your time! :) SW.

Confirming all of the above :) It's "return" for both adventure tasks!

sourp4tch
02-01-16, 12:56 PM
Have Level 5 Watchtowers or Lantern Spires 0/4 (collect from these 4 times. You can have more than 1 at level 5 to speed things up, but 1 tower/spire will do. :) SW )

Hey everyone!

This behavior is inconsistent with how the quest is supposed to be set up - it is supposed to be have Level 5 Watchtowers/Lantern Spires, not to collect from Watchtowers/Lantern Spires.

I'd hate for folks to spend resources on upgrading their buildings, only to have those efforts be in vain :( Likewise, I wouldn't want you guys to spend gems on speed-ups expecting it to complete the task, only for it to revert later (in the event there's some weird bug going on). So, can anyone who's unable to complete the quest by having 4x Level 5 Watchtowers and/or Lantern Spires please write in to support@storm8.com ? This will help us make sure everything is working properly and no one gets bugged out of their quest completion!

Thanks! Hope you all enjoy the quests and story <3

jen7779
02-01-16, 01:03 PM
30 glimmer shards (the green ones)....where do we get green glimmer shards?????

burritosprings
02-01-16, 01:14 PM
30 glimmer shards (the green ones)....where do we get green glimmer shards?????

Glimmergate, Griseldas castle and garden i think. Also get them from doing coin trades

ShibuyaCloth
02-01-16, 01:18 PM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50235.png_2v_31020.png
Glimmer Shard
Info: Magical particles from beyound the Glimmergate.
Type: Material
Source: Harvest
Requirements: 12 gems // 3 Glimmer Fragment, 1 Transformation Tonic, 5 Glimmerbulb
Found: Glimmer Gate, Greselda's Castle, Greselda's Dark Garden, Glimmer Fountain L5
Cap: 99

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-01-16, 01:20 PM
sorry, I did the goal backwards so it completed when I collected from the Magic Forge

- only saw the black ribbon telling me that I was maxed on Blythedust.
can only surmise that Blythedust was the item - not how many or if anything else was there too.
did not find a new item in my inventory and I checked all the pages. lol
maybe someone else can let us both know.

the Fadeprint Elixer produces a bottle for your inventory and the inventory card has max of 99.

hope this helps
dabag

Thanks Dabag, that *does* help, cuz it means we really only need to craft one (not two, for any kind of souvenir).
Do you recall (or did you notice) if the shimmering strands (aka glimmer spiders, lol) continue to drop from the Magic Garden after Step 4 & examination is finished in the magic forge or did they stop dropping?

SpiritWind00
02-01-16, 01:42 PM
Thanks for all the updates sourp4tch! I'll update post 2. And... Lovely to see you in the thread too ;););)

edit to add... The description of the shimmering sands as posted by meme a few pages back has been updated. Shimmering sands ONLY drop from the Magic Garden. They will NOT drop from the Plume Hive adventure.

merlin3108
02-01-16, 03:16 PM
Same thing happened to me... Collected from the magic garden and goal did not check nor did I get strands... So I have to wait until tomorrow night and hope to have more luck then.... Find this set up rather strange...

Just visited the garden a second time - got neither shimmering strands nor did the goal check ... So the drop rate is definitely 0-2 ... At this rate it will definitely take me a month to complete this quest...

belbar22
02-01-16, 03:55 PM
Just visited the garden a second time - got neither shimmering strands nor did the goal check ... So the drop rate is definitely 0-2 ... At this rate it will definitely take me a month to complete this quest...

Me too on both my accounts!!!

mnjcafe
02-01-16, 04:23 PM
I got one glimmer strand from my magic garden, and then the next two days, nada. Has anyone successfully gotten more than one? Am I just paranoid or is it possible that there is a bug?

GoodyTwoShoes2
02-01-16, 04:24 PM
3. Anyone home?
Search for clues at the Magic Garden. (It may take several trips to complete this step. 1-2 shimmering strands drop).

I have spent 3 days going to the Magic Garden (22 hrs each time) and I still do not even have 1 shimmering strand??????? What the? No way to gem through it either, just have to wait for Storm8 to decide to let me proceed???? I have been at level 50 for years and honestly, this is getting quite tiresome~! I really dislike games or events where it is all just luck! I am almost 66 years old and I have never had luck at anything, I am used to working hard, sometimes very hard, but at least hardwork USUALLY pays off in the long run?? Never does Luck work for most of us!

ktorewqas
02-01-16, 04:35 PM
I've collected three times from the garden, got 4 in total:2, 0, and 2

eastie41
02-01-16, 05:29 PM
3. Anyone home?
Search for clues at the Magic Garden. (It may take several trips to complete this step. 1-2 shimmering strands drop).

I have spent 3 days going to the Magic Garden (22 hrs each time) and I still do not even have 1
shimmering strand??????? What the? No way to gem through it either, just have to wait for Storm8 to decide to let me proceed???? I have been at level 50 for years and honestly, this is getting quite tiresome~! I really dislike games or events where it is all just luck! I am almost 66 years old and I have never had luck at anything, I am used to working hard, sometimes very hard, but at least hardwork USUALLY pays off in the long run?? Never does Luck work for most of us!

I'm in the same boat as you. Since this step and the others are not timed, I'm just going to wait it out. It has happened to me before so I hang-in. Best to you.

meme1098
02-01-16, 05:46 PM
Thanks for all the updates sourp4tch! I'll update post 2. And... Lovely to see you in the thread too ;););)

edit to add... The description of the shimmering sands as posted by meme a few pages back has been updated. Shimmering sands ONLY drop from the Magic Garden. They will NOT drop from the Plume Hive adventure.

Thanks so much for checking into this, SW! Now we know for sure :D

vontalken
02-01-16, 05:48 PM
wow 2 and 3 days.. i'm on 4 days now :P

SpiritWind00
02-01-16, 06:35 PM
I think we can assume that the shimmering strands are a rare drop and for this particular one goal is why we get (at least) a month to do it :) Getting 5 for the craft (and more for the hoarders who want souvenirs) it's going to be ~slooooowwwww~ going (without gems). Pop over to my tavern and I'll serve drinks whilst we wait!

newpam575
02-01-16, 07:36 PM
Glimmerwood antics have run rampant once more! Only this time, something far more nefarious may be at hand... No one has seen anyone suspicious about, have they? Ensuring the kingdom's safety is a ruler's top priority!!!

[==Update requires completion of A Faerie-ful Queen, and will be here to stay.==]

I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: GONE

I think we can assume that the shimmering strands are a rare drop and for this particular one goal is why we get (at least) a month to do it :) Getting 5 for the craft (and more for the hoarders who want souvenirs) it's going to be ~slooooowwwww~ going (without gems). Pop over to my tavern and I'll serve drinks whilst we wait!

Thannks SpiritWind. I will just keep trying, no strands for me yet and I have collected since Thursday.

jen7779
02-02-16, 01:32 AM
Sorry guys, but the Glimmer Shard looks more blue to me. That's why I asked about green ones. LOL! Thank you for clearing this up😊

PP09717A
02-02-16, 02:39 AM
I have visited the magic garden three times and still have not received any shimmering strands. Please advise, thanks

SpiritWind00
02-02-16, 03:10 AM
I have visited the magic garden three times and still have not received any shimmering strands. Please advise, thanks

They are just a rare drop... Keep trying! :)

Anaboe
02-02-16, 04:41 AM
So, the hoorders (like I am) need atleast 11 strands: 2x 5 for crafting, 1 for inventory. I'm a bit slow, so I just got to the step "visit magic garden" this morning, and forgot to check the forums on forehand. Dropped nothing, so maybe better luck to Oerol :)

In the opening post it is mentioned that we have atleast februari to finish this goal, but it's not a timed event. So where does this "atleast februari" come from? Is it in preparation for the next part?

ladyperidot
02-02-16, 05:32 AM
So, does the goal of searching the magic garden not go away until you get a strand? I've been twice, once going there by clicking the button in the goal book and no strands and the goal is still in my book. Help!

my2place
02-02-16, 06:21 AM
I've been faithfully visiting the MG since Thursday - no strands here yet :(
I also wonder what the references to "the end of February, or for at least a month mean"? Thanks :)

VictorianKnight
02-02-16, 06:22 AM

Rare? Sounds more like ultra rare if you have to collect 5 and they don't drop each time and waiting a whole day just to see if ou get 1-2 is a bit silly. Why not let them drop from the gazebo or the respite?

It seems this new series of goals are designed to take a couple weeks.

sarahlee86
02-02-16, 07:29 AM
So, the hoorders (like I am) need atleast 11 strands: 2x 5 for crafting, 1 for inventory. I'm a bit slow, so I just got to the step "visit magic garden" this morning, and forgot to check the forums on forehand. Dropped nothing, so maybe better luck to Oerol :)

In the opening post it is mentioned that we have atleast februari to finish this goal, but it's not a timed event. So where does this "atleast februari" come from? Is it in preparation for the next part?

Maybe the post means that the next part of this storyline won't be released until the end of February? You're right, there's no clock on the goals, so I hope they don't change that suddenly! I've been moving very slow with this one!

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-02-16, 10:16 AM

Actually, sweetie, if you're just wanting a souvenir "glimmer spider", I think ya only have to collect 6 of 'em from the Magic Garden.
If you go back a page or 2, Dabag revealed that the "examine glimmer strands" only produced a blythedust, nothing new. So with that, I don't think there's a point for us hoarders to double craft for that step.

And the "at least February" part is because the description with the new App update reveals that the next part of this quest line will be released on Feb. 25. :)
(SpiritWind added a pic of it in the "Sneak Peek" thread, if you missed it.)

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-02-16, 10:18 AM
So, does the goal of searching the magic garden not go away until you get a strand? I've been twice, once going there by clicking the button in the goal book and no strands and the goal is still in my book. Help!
Correct. The goal will not progress to the next step until a strand drops from the Magic Garden (it may take a few collections).

ladyperidot
02-02-16, 10:53 AM
Correct. The goal will not progress to the next step until a strand drops from the Magic Garden (it may take a few collections).

Thanks. Gotta love when progressing depends on collecting from something with a 22-hr timber (not)!

lindtball
02-02-16, 11:15 AM
Actually, sweetie, if you're just wanting a souvenir "glimmer spider", I think ya only have to collect 6 of 'em from the Magic Garden.
If you go back a page or 2, Dabag revealed that the "examine glimmer strands" only produced a blythedust, nothing new. So with that, I don't think there's a point for us hoarders to double craft for that step.

And the "at least February" part is because the description with the new App update reveals that the next part of this quest line will be released on Feb. 25. :)
(SpiritWind added a pic of it in the "Sneak Peek" thread, if you missed it.)

Thank you for the clarification NWK, I am no longer going to stress over not having one drop as it should happen - eventually -

ShibuyaCloth
02-02-16, 12:57 PM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50510.png_2v_31020.png
Shimmering Strands
Info: Found around the Magic Garden... What could they be from?
Source: Quest
Requirements: 20 gems
Found: Magic Garden
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88571

meme1098
02-02-16, 01:56 PM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50510.png_2v_31020.png
Shimmering Strands
Info: Found around the Plume Hive? What could they be from?
Requirements: 20 gems
Found: Magic Garden

Always a great job Shibuyacloth:D
Just to let you know though -
S8 changed the back of the card to now read: Found around the Magic Garden

perry5
02-02-16, 02:23 PM
Just made my 5th visit to magic garden--have yet to receive 1 strand! The magic must have left my magic garden!

belbar22
02-02-16, 03:04 PM
Still no strands for me in either account.

ShibuyaCloth
02-02-16, 03:17 PM
Just made my 5th visit to magic garden--have yet to receive 1 strand! The magic must have left my magic garden!

For the moment I have 50% drop rate.

ShibuyaCloth
02-02-16, 03:20 PM
Always a great job Shibuyacloth:D
Just to let you know though -
S8 changed the back of the card to now read: Found around the Magic Garden

Hmm, still have the old info ;) Corrected the piece. Thanks for the tip.

PrincessCupOButter
02-02-16, 05:37 PM
5 collections. 2 strands. I truly am very grateful to have a continuation of the storyline, and something new to do. Now I wish I could actually do it! 22 more hours to MAYBE get a third strand. :(

PP09717A
02-03-16, 01:11 AM

Thank you, for your help. I was just confused because I read they have a 1-2 drop rate, yet I have not received any yet. I did not know if there was a problem.

SpiritWind00
02-03-16, 01:58 AM
I've just finished upgrading 4 watchtowers and spires in preparation for goal 5. Wow, that wiped me out of all the iron ore and silver I was maxed on! If you don't have these, it might be useful to start getting prepared as it takes some serious resources if, like me, you only had level 2 ones at most.

I'll post on page 1 what you need to upgrade. Spires and towers need similar, but slightly different items to upgrade. Done

Just a reminder about the Blythewood Trees - you need to grow them first if you don't have any/enough for the goal. You can store them as saplings and fully grown, but unchopped. If you don't have any fully grown, you can prepare for this as well if you want to. Goal says to chop down 5 Blythewood trees. It takes 6 chops to clear 1 tree. As with other similar goals, we've been able to have only 1 chop left as the goal has been about clearing the tree. Need confirmation on this though.

mnjcafe
02-03-16, 06:17 AM
Thank you, for your help. I was just confused because I read they have a 1-2 drop rate, yet I have not received any yet. I did not know if there was a problem.

Same here. I guess they really meant 0-2 drop rate, because I have gotten 0 for the last three days in a row. :(

Galadraal
02-03-16, 07:39 AM
Yeah, it's bad enough waiting the 22 hours and then to not get anything is frustrating

clarontinalisa
02-03-16, 07:48 AM
6 visits to the magic garden and still no strand!

newzealander
02-03-16, 07:55 AM
Can you have a combination of watchtowers and spires at Level 5 or does it have to be one or the other, does anyone know?

scotslassuk
02-03-16, 08:58 AM
Going by this I presume we need only one set at lvl5 😁hope I'm right if not I need to level mine up lol

Rally the Knights! TO ARMS! 0/1 (go on any adventure) returning and collecting completes this goal.
Have Level 5 Watchtowers or Lantern Spires 0/4 update: you need to HAVE 4 of these at level 5. It is not collecting from as previously thought. Thank you sourp4tch for letting us know.

burritosprings
02-03-16, 10:25 AM
2 accounts and 2 strands. Rocking Horse poop might be the only thing as rare as strands.

katbtodd
02-03-16, 10:44 AM
Can you have a combination of watchtowers and spires at Level 5 or does it have to be one or the other, does anyone know?

I have two of each they all counted

EBJW
02-03-16, 11:05 AM
Yeah, it's bad enough waiting the 22 hours and then to not get anything is frustrating

6 visits to the magic garden and still no strand!

I'm still waiting as well...... :(

newzealander
02-03-16, 11:34 AM
I have two of each they all counted
Thanks Kat. I think I will do the same.

mehershey
02-03-16, 01:16 PM
Just did my seventh visit to the MG and still have not gotten a single strand. Ugh.

Queenzod
02-03-16, 01:52 PM
Just did my seventh visit to the MG and still have not gotten a single strand. Ugh.

Same here! I think my garden is broken.

danzplace
02-03-16, 02:23 PM
Slow going on strands. But alas, Valentine's starts tomorrow.

PP09717A
02-03-16, 03:49 PM

I think it can be either one.

spchstew
02-03-16, 04:32 PM
SPOILER ALERT. Don't read this if u don't want to know how this story line ends.

Sorry I don't post pictures but u basically use resources wait days and days go on I think 2 adventures to plume hive one adventure to anywhere your choice. Then the story line ends... And I mean it just ends ???
So no rush, no rewards, nothing new it just ends. :/.
Glad to get back to story line but .... Enjoy everyone and take your time no rush. :)

Thanks for the heads up. I was starting to get a bit impatient waiting for the Magic Garden to drop the shards. No rush. I will hang out and wait

Queenzod
02-03-16, 06:18 PM
We should have a contest! The last person standing with no threads wins! Who's with me? 😜

ladyperidot
02-03-16, 06:26 PM
I got one on my third visit. We will see what happens tomorrow. I wouldn't mind the delays or randomness if the garden had a faster recharge rate than every 22 hours. Hard to muster much enthusiasm.

perry5
02-03-16, 06:40 PM
We should have a contest! The last person standing with no threads wins! Who's with me? ��
I'm all in! Visit #6 to the Garden Bereft of Magic and still 0 strands! (Meanwhile, back in the Barron's tent...yet another day of recycled kittens to toss cabbage at...no fireworks dragon, no monacle troll...soo sad!) I think storm8/team lava have abandoned my queendom!

burritosprings
02-03-16, 06:42 PM
We should have a contest! The last person standing with no threads wins! Who's with me? ��

Not sure how to validate but I feel the honor system needs to be kicked in. We asked for a challenge and we got it)

myhsplace
02-03-16, 06:48 PM
We should have a contest! The last person standing with no threads wins! Who's with me? 

sounds like a contest i can win! 7 visits to garden and am still thread-less..

being level 50 for who knows how long with little to do and having these extra rare random drops in goals is making game mighty boring these days! i so much rather get goals were we have to craft loads of items that take a day or two each, than to sit there and have to wait a day a time just to find out my getting a rare item luck stinks over and over again......

edit: was enjoying Vday quest anf forgot to report back that i am thankfully out of the running for contest. it was collection 14 day today and i have 2 strands which i got on the 8th & 9th collection, thank goodness this is not a timed event!

burritosprings
02-03-16, 06:50 PM
sounds like a contest i can win! 7 visits to garden and am still thread-less..

being level 50 for who knows how long with little to do and having these extra rare random drops in goals is making game mighty boring these days! i so much rather get goals were we have to craft loads of items that take a day or two each, than to sit there and have to wait a day a time just to find out my getting a rare item luck stinks over andover again......

But to comfort you a Valentine Update will be on its way tmw. So maybe it will cushion the blow,of,the crushing dissappointment

amberly321
02-03-16, 09:50 PM
I had received nothing from my garden after multiple trips also. I didn't realize that there was an update available and on my very next visit after I updated I collected my first thread. Hope this helps someone.

coolssp
02-03-16, 09:53 PM
First shard after 6 visits to magic garden, thank goodness this quest is not timed... This can't be right.... I guess this is to test patience to see if use gems to speed up :(

jim23cash
02-04-16, 12:52 AM
Woo Hoo! I got a strand! 7th time's a charm! :rolleyes:
Now how many more do I need...? :P

bdimaster
02-04-16, 09:14 AM

I have collected 4 times (4 days) from the magic garden but no strands. Anyone else having this frustrated problem?

bdimaster
02-04-16, 09:16 AM
Just updated but already visited garden today. Will try tomorrow. Thanks for the info.-amrberly321 Hope it helps,

jim23cash
02-04-16, 11:20 AM
I have collected 4 times (4 days) from the magic garden but no strands. Anyone else having this frustrated problem?

Yeah, basically most posters on this thread. I got 2 on my 7th visit. Hang in there. :D Annie

Queenzod
02-04-16, 01:47 PM
Just collected from the garden and still no strand! Yessss! I'm still in the running for Biggest Loser Ever!

perry5
02-04-16, 02:08 PM
Visit #7 and narry a strand in sight!

scotslassuk
02-04-16, 02:20 PM
Rewards:-
Note: it takes 5 strands from the magic garden to do the craft to examine the strands. This is going to take a long time!!

Your not joking when you wrote that sentence!!

😁Now at #10th visit to MG Where are these strands?? Mine must be invisible!!!😁Frustation........understatement just glad it's NOT a timed event!!

icastled
02-04-16, 11:13 PM
6th visit and NOTHING!!!! Not that I'm glad no one is getting strands but glad to know I'm not alone. Using a resource that has a 22 hour reset for a very rare drop is ridiculous!! Yes, I'm thankful for the storyline related quests/goals but would still like to enjoy the adventure in the process.

7th visit and still nothing... It's broken!

pcfroglad
02-05-16, 04:50 AM
I am also at 10th visit to the magic garden - not a sausage, let alone a strand. It is pretty tedious!

I am also a little irritated because during the monster hunt the fangbeasts were nowhere to be found. As soon as it finished they began running riot. I hardly have to look at my kingdom and one pops up. This cannot be coincidence!

PrincessCupOButter
02-05-16, 06:26 AM
I finally got the 5th strand yesterday, and the forges are busy making twinkle dust.
So the faeries are on hold again....Lol...Hopefully I can collect a few souvenir strands while waiting. :)

bigtail2
02-05-16, 03:07 PM
How can someone already have them all when so many have none?! This sums up the frustration of this game.

coolssp
02-05-16, 07:01 PM
I finally got the 5th strand yesterday, and the forges are busy making twinkle dust.
So the faeries are on hold again....Lol...Hopefully I can collect a few souvenir strands while waiting. :)

You are so lucky... One strand in 10 visits... Maybe you can spare some :)

PrincessCupOButter
02-05-16, 07:43 PM
You are so lucky... One strand in 10 visits... Maybe you can spare some :)

No extras yet. Today I got zero. I wish we could share by gifting. Or at least craft them. I hope you get them soon!

ktorewqas
02-06-16, 04:35 AM
So the faeries are on hold again....Lol...Hopefully I can collect a few souvenir strands while waiting. :) same here except I got the fifth strand today lol

newpam575
02-06-16, 10:05 AM
I am still at one strand.

Queenzod
02-06-16, 11:45 AM
I am still at one strand.

I am still at none strands! Who's with me? Who's still in the running?

bebitanuspuneper0864213579
02-06-16, 11:51 AM
After so many days..... 0 strands . ( reinstaled twice castle story , still 0 strands)

meeps_momma
02-06-16, 11:55 AM
Me!! Me!! Me!! Queenzod!
So happy to hear that I basically have forever to complete this!
Wonder if they will accept a trade of 14 Elf gnomes and 19 Poinsettia for 1 strand? :-)

I guess I am still slightly bitter over the "luck" required for that particular goal! Lol

happyhoppa
02-07-16, 04:43 AM
Zero strands after checking every day. Just a paranoid thought: I'm on Android.?.....

ladyperidot
02-07-16, 05:15 AM
It's definitely hit or miss. I got nothing for the first three visits, then I got excited cause I got three in a row. Now, nothing the last couple of visits. Oh well, back to making glimmer dust

88silver
02-07-16, 08:46 AM
Zero strands after checking every day. Just a paranoid thought: I'm on Android.?.....

I'm on Android as well, but I've gotten strands. It's about once every 5-8 collections or so, but I get them.

rulerofjennyville
02-07-16, 10:04 AM
Is this what everyone is collecting the strands for? A separate thread about the strands up on the main page says it's timed and that "it takes a month to complete part 3 and that is why we are getting until the end of February to complete the goal".
http://http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88820-Shimmering-strands (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88820-Shimmering-strands)

So they have nothing to do with the stargazer/petting zoo goals? And they aren't being collected for anything timed? I'm confused.

88silver
02-07-16, 12:06 PM
So they have nothing to do with the stargazer/petting zoo goals? And they aren't being collected for anything timed? I'm confused.

It's for a storyline goal. It's untimed and to have it right now, you'd have to have all previous storyline goals completed. Once you get to the proper part of the story, you'll get the goal.

rulerofjennyville
02-07-16, 12:14 PM
It's for a storyline goal. It's untimed and to have it right now, you'd have to have all previous storyline goals completed. Once you get to the proper part of the story, you'll get the goal.

That's all I was wanting to know. The thread confused me when they talked about a goal involving the hard to get threads that had to be done at the end of February. It sounded like it was part of this month's special challenge.

88silver
02-07-16, 12:31 PM
That's all I was wanting to know. The thread confused me when they talked about a goal involving the hard to get threads that had to be done at the end of February. It sounded like it was part of this month's special challenge.

For people that want to do new goals right when they come out, they have to finish this goal (including getting the strands) before the end of February. From the description in the App store, it looks like the next part of the storyline comes out at the end of Feb. If you don't care, you can take your time, as this is an untimed goal (thankfully!).

roguebee
02-07-16, 01:17 PM
Has anyone worked out a method to get a 6th strand? Short of waiting for it to drop from the Magic Garden?

ShibuyaCloth
02-07-16, 01:54 PM
Has anyone worked out a method to get a 6th strand? Short of waiting for it to drop from the Magic Garden?

Welcome to the club, so far not managed, sitting on my 5. Nat posted on my wall, she has 12!!! :eek:

newzealander
02-07-16, 02:13 PM
Two strands; been checking daily. Am I behind the 8 ball here, or is this a common problem?

SpiritWind00
02-07-16, 02:21 PM
My observation: seems to me the average wait time for a strand drop is around 5-7 collections. I think that's why we are getting a month to complete part 3 before part 4 starts end of Feb. The rest of the goal can be completed quite quickly if you're prepared. The goal just ends in limbo like the other parts. So bring on P4!

ktorewqas
02-07-16, 06:51 PM
I got the 6th today. The garden dropped one strand on two days in a row. Now I am crafting in the magic forge (finally I do not have to craft the dust any more).

DeeDeeBird70
02-07-16, 08:33 PM
I got my first strand right after my Knights returned from the Hive. Then this next week, nothing. Because of being away from the house, my castle Knights and garden were in sync so I decided to try sending them back to the Plume Hive. Collected from the castle first and then from the Magic Garden. Whoo Hoo! Two strands this time!! May just be a coincidence but sent the Knights back to the Hive.

Queenzod
02-07-16, 09:09 PM
I still have no strands! Maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day, considering the BRONCOS WON THE SUPERBOWL!

Whooooo hooooo! 🐴🐴🏈🏈🐴🐴

hagypagy
02-08-16, 05:34 AM
Been collecting everyday and still only 1 strand =s

AnniePMH
02-08-16, 05:46 AM
Welcome to the club, so far not managed, sitting on my 5. Nat posted on my wall, she has 12!!! :eek:

Yes, but that's only because I speed up the m garden a little early every time. So my strands are a bit costly...:eek::rolleyes:

VictorianKnight
02-08-16, 06:14 AM
My observation: seems to me the average wait time for a strand drop is around 5-7 collections. I think that's why we are getting a month to complete part 3 before part 4 starts end of Feb.

Seriously?!?!?!

Come on guys! They need to drop more than that. I still only have 1 on my main account and I check every day. It's silly. You need to make it drop from more places like the fairy bulb, and respite. Checking only the magic garden with a drop rate of once per week is stupid.

Queenzod
02-08-16, 11:39 AM
I still have no strands! Maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day, considering the BRONCOS WON THE SUPERBOWL!

Whooooo hooooo! 🐴🐴🏈🏈🐴🐴

And it was! Got my first strand this morning, so I'm out of the running for Strand Loser. Anyone still in?

DeeDeeBird70
02-08-16, 07:38 PM
It may still be just a coincidence but I collected from my castle knight's quest to the Plume Hive, and immediately collected from the Magic Garden and I got another shimmering strand. So consecutive collections gave 1,2,1. and in between the first and second about seven collections with no strands.

burritosprings
02-08-16, 07:41 PM
And it was! Got my first strand this morning, so I'm out of the running for Strand Loser. Anyone still in?

I am out finally got 1 pre Super Bowl.

judafarm
02-09-16, 06:23 AM
Magic Garden does not give shimmering strands :(
I tried 5 days on a row now and still nothing..
Is there another way to collect the strands?????

burritosprings
02-09-16, 06:49 AM

Magic Garden only way. Its a rare drop so keep the faith.

VictorianKnight
02-09-16, 09:11 AM

Yes.... Pay 20 gems each for them in the magic forge.

Deborah1981
02-09-16, 10:22 AM
These strands are awfully rare, still only 1 here!

Jennerwein1
02-09-16, 12:52 PM
I only have one strand, too. Collecting every day. Definitely not fun.

DrP4ever
02-09-16, 05:50 PM
The rate of drops for magic strands is beyond ridiculous. Seriously!

kikilicious74
02-09-16, 06:38 PM
I'm up to 3!! I actually got one two days in a row!! (Today and yesterday!!)

DeeDeeBird70
02-09-16, 07:31 PM
Three days in a row now, I collected from the Magic Garden immediately after collecting from my castle Knights quest return from the Plume Hive and got a strand. It also happened the first day after the first trip. After that first one, the next 7 or 8 were blanks as to the strands. One more quest is out as I want at least one extra for a souvenir. I do have five as one drop was two.

Auntie65
02-10-16, 12:50 AM
Yes seriously ridiculous how rare these drops are

VictorianKnight
02-10-16, 05:29 AM
I'm up to 3!! I actually got one two days in a row!! (Today and yesterday!!)

I still only have 1 after 2 weeks. This is just silly.

burritosprings
02-10-16, 06:57 AM
Three days in a row now, I collected from the Magic Garden immediately after collecting from my castle Knights quest return from the Plume Hive and got a strand. It also happened the first day after the first trip. After that first one, the next 7 or 8 were blanks as to the strands. One more quest is out as I want at least one extra for a souvenir. I do have five as one drop was two.

So you are suggesting there is a connection between collecting from Plume Hive adventure and then collecting from Magic Garden?

roguebee
02-10-16, 08:37 AM
I finally collected my 6th strand for my souvenir. Now on to completing this goal.

germander10
02-10-16, 02:01 PM
STILL waiting for my first strand .... am wondering if I should even bother with this quest.

danzplace
02-10-16, 02:25 PM
Hang in there, and check your inventory. I didn't even realiz when I received my first two strands. Couldn't tell if I received two at once, or just missed them.

Queenzod
02-10-16, 02:28 PM
STILL waiting for my first strand .... am wondering if I should even bother with this quest.

Ooooo, you might be WINNING! Anyone else still waiting on their first strand?

Jennerwein1
02-10-16, 06:22 PM
Still only one thread, collecting every day since event started. And I checked. Oh well, it's only a game.

cyndora
02-10-16, 06:44 PM
i am waiting , and collecting like a mad person.....but not a single strand...........yeah ....the quest name is golden.....IS ANYONE HOME , GIVING OUT STRANDS!!!!!!...... im starting to think i went to the wrong house...

burritosprings
02-10-16, 07:01 PM
i am waiting , and collecting like a mad person.....but not a single strand...........yeah ....the quest name is golden.....IS ANYONE HOME , GIVING OUT STRANDS!!!!!!...... im starting to think i went to the wrong house...

Collecting once a day isnt very hectic... But might be stressfull if you do not get a single strand.. Btw you are in a tie with another for being the unluckiest peeps in CS

Ps. You do realize that it only drops from Magic Garden.. 22 hour timer.

DrP4ever
02-11-16, 12:22 AM
Still waiting. Once a day potential for it. Ridiculous! I have 2 and then none after that. Not going to waste gems for this. Maybe next year I will have them.

armerfarmer
02-11-16, 12:53 AM
Can confirm that Blythwood Trees can be prepared for chopping down leaving just one hit. It worked for me :)

xology
02-11-16, 06:08 AM
Sitting at 1 strand. Collecting daily. Feeling like my garden has lost its magic :(

cyndora
02-11-16, 07:37 AM
yes to the magic garden dropping them, great for me and someone else being the unluckiest people playing lol.....and yes to all these martinis while waiting.........

greediron
02-11-16, 09:06 AM
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#2F4F4F]

[B]6. A Potion From, And For, The Past
Chop down 5 Blythewood trees 6 chops each. you can have 1 chop left in preparation (worked for me!).... SW
Prepare the Fadeprint Elixir 0/1 - Potion Shop, 8 hours - 50 water, 10 enchanters essence, 50 Blythewood Dust
Check the Fur Burrow 0/1 (go on adventure) returning and collecting completes this goal.

It looks like we might have till the end of Feb to do this goal. So, take your time! :) SW.

Sort of anticlimactic ending. I gemmed the stupid threads as I had plenty of free gems. But then after visiting the fur burrow, I get the anouncement that we need to to see what happened and then the goals were done. I guess this will continue, but after all that, it just ends?

Be prepared for disappointment for those that are working so hard to get the threads.

greediron
02-11-16, 10:33 AM
Can confirm that Blythwood Trees can be prepared for chopping down leaving just one hit. It worked for me :)

1 note I wish I had thought of. I was maxed on blythdust. I chopped all the trees and then made 2 Fadeprint elixirs and used all my blythdust. Wish I would have made the elixirs first, then chopped the trees.

So you can chop the trees down to 1 hit, but you may be missing out on replenishing the blythdust.

sophiensissi
02-11-16, 11:15 AM
Sitting at 1 strand. Collecting daily. Feeling like my garden has lost its magic :(

I'm still at one too. I collect daily and not going to spend gems. It's annoying!

coolssp
02-11-16, 12:26 PM

Slightly better but not a lot :( with two strands... And no, not going to use gems

belbar22
02-11-16, 12:49 PM

Me too on this account. Have 6 on my other account. Go figure!!!

GoodyTwoShoes2
02-11-16, 05:01 PM
I am sitting on 3 strands (finally got 3!) but seriously upset with this~~ I have completed the next quest and came here to see what was new? Nothing???? I even tried ****ing off the troll in case it wouldn't give a strand if I had a beast on my place...didn't help~ I don't like to bother fighting the beasts because I am maxed on everything they give me so it is just a waste~ I never collect from my manticores or dragons because I have been maxed on scales for several years now, have a ton of them in storage too. I even put one of my mermaid ponds in storage because I have been maxed on those things too~ I guess I am about done with this game, it is not much fun anymore :^ ( I really did enjoy it though for quite a few years.

SpiritWind00
02-11-16, 06:27 PM
I am sitting on 3 strands (finally got 3!) but seriously upset with this~~ I have completed the next quest and came here to see what was new?

This is part 3 and part 4 starts on the 28th Feb... 2 weeks from today. This is main story, the stargazer is an event. When you've caught up to the end of the storyline, we all tend to live week to week. Take heart, I've nothing in my book at all! And we don't even know that part 4 is the end of this quest line either. Guess we wait some more..... :):):)

ahomeforme
02-11-16, 07:12 PM
Haha, I haven't even completed part 1 for lack of living wood. So far behind now.....

VictorianKnight
02-12-16, 06:32 AM
This is part 3 and part 4 starts on the 28th Feb... 2 weeks from today. This is main story, the stargazer is an event. When you've caught up to the end of the storyline, we all tend to live week to week. Take heart, I've nothing in my book at all! And we don't even know that part 4 is the end of this quest line either. Guess we wait some more..... :):):)

Won't be able to start part 4 at all if these strands don't start dropping faster. After 2 weeks, I have 1, count 'em, ONE strand! This is absolutely ridiculous.

It seems forcing players to use gems to get on with things is the nam of the game?

vaso1908
02-12-16, 08:46 AM
I don't know if this is mentioned before but in the 5th step the watchtowers and lantern spires count even if they are in the inventory. I had only two on my board and the goal was completed.

Lucinda1989
02-12-16, 09:00 AM
Same here, garden takes so.....long to regenerate, I get up every morning and visit my garden. But, have received only 1 strand so far. It gets so irritating! Finished the stargazer to level 5. Now, nothing to do but collect from my stingy garden and collect trade tickets to expand my kingdom. BORING!!!!!!!!!

sophiensissi
02-12-16, 10:10 AM
Won't be able to start part 4 at all if these strands don't start dropping faster. After 2 weeks, I have 1, count 'em, ONE strand! This is absolutely ridiculous.

It seems forcing players to use gems to get on with things is the nam of the game?

That's very true, and after spending gems, we find that it wasn't worth the prize anyway. Lack luster prizes are what is making this game boring. Now they're adding impossible quests too?! Crazy!

ShibuyaCloth
02-12-16, 11:04 AM
After the strands:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50511.png_2v_31020.png
Fadeprint Elixir
Info: A special potion that Ivy will show us what happened at the Plume Hive!
Crafted in: Potion Shop
Requirements: 50 Water, 10 Enchanters Essence, 50 Blythedust
Timer: 480 minutes // 8 hours
Speed-up: 32 gems

cyndora
02-12-16, 02:39 PM
Ok then......since this quest started and until today, I finally got my first strand.......now I need 5 more? Hahahaha

It's why we drink....

ShibuyaCloth
02-12-16, 03:22 PM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/stuff/guide_072_0popup.png_2v_31020.png I love the little mooh at the end of the quest!

Jennerwein1
02-13-16, 04:41 AM
Still only one strand. Zzzzzz ....

bebitanuspuneper0864213579
02-13-16, 10:52 AM
I'm happy. I have one strand. Is not imposible to drop from MG, now i want the rest 4.

farmgirl8888
02-13-16, 11:16 AM
Just so I am clear, right now I am maxed on blythwood dust so, can I make the potion with my dust already in the inventory, or does it have to be chopped new?

netwiz3
02-13-16, 11:31 AM
Just so I am clear, right now I am maxed on blythwood dust so, can I make the potion with my dust already in the inventory, or does it have to be chopped new?

You can build with existing dust but you must chop down 5 blythwood trees.

roguebee
02-13-16, 02:04 PM

I was maxed on blythwood dust so I started the first potion, chopped enough to start the second potion, then finished off the 5 trees. Ended up with 2 in inventory, but suspect we'll have to use one on the next part of the quest.

ShibuyaCloth
02-13-16, 02:40 PM
I was maxed on blythwood dust so I started the first potion, chopped enough to start the second potion, then finished off the 5 trees. Ended up with 2 in inventory, but suspect we'll have to use one on the next part of the quest.

The cap for the Elixir is 99, so probably we need to use at least 1 in part 4, but it could be more. For example a quest specific adventure with one element being the elixir instead of the offering (as no one is there).

rmmorey
02-13-16, 03:58 PM
Hi I was wondering if you can have 2 watchtowers and 2 lantern spires or 4 of one kind

burritosprings
02-13-16, 04:27 PM
Hi I was wondering if you can have 2 watchtowers and 2 lantern spires or 4 of one kind

Any combo will work. Both are treated as same.. Just have a diff skin

srh267
02-13-16, 11:05 PM
Finished this quest the other day and I'm not even sure wot I got, if I got anything ???
Bit of a let down tbh ��

Jennerwein1
02-14-16, 04:44 AM
Nada. This is nuts.

ShibuyaCloth
02-14-16, 05:40 AM
Finished this quest the other day and I'm not even sure wot I got, if I got anything ???
Bit of a let down tbh ��

Nothing yet, wait for part 4

mnjcafe
02-14-16, 08:49 AM
Three days in a row now, I collected from the Magic Garden immediately after collecting from my castle Knights quest return from the Plume Hive and got a strand. It also happened the first day after the first trip. After that first one, the next 7 or 8 were blanks as to the strands.

So you are suggesting there is a connection between collecting from Plume Hive adventure and then collecting from Magic Garden?

I thought this theory was bizarre but I decided to give it a try. Not specifically with the Plume Hive adventure, but with any adventure. If I collect from the castle and then immediately collect from the Magic Garden, would it drop a strand. Believe it or not, so far it has worked. I was getting no strands before, and I again got no strands when I didn't do this, but the three times I tried collecting from MG right after castle, I got strands! Can anyone else try it?

belbar22
02-14-16, 10:02 AM
I thought this theory was bizarre but I decided to give it a try. Not specifically with the Plume Hive adventure, but with any adventure. If I collect from the castle and then immediately collect from the Magic Garden, would it drop a strand. Believe it or not, so far it has worked. I was getting no strands before, and I again got no strands when I didn't do this, but the three times I tried collecting from MG right after castle, I got strands! Can anyone else try it?

I tried it but it didn't work for me.

fozea2
02-14-16, 02:52 PM

I had 4 watchtowers and 2 spires and the quest didn't register as completed until I built 2 new spires.

ShibuyaCloth
02-14-16, 03:56 PM
I had 4 watchtowers and 2 spires and the quest didn't register as completed until I built 2 new spires.

Only those at level 5 count!

VictorianKnight
02-14-16, 04:49 PM

That was the first thing I did when the quest came out. I immediately collected from the garden after coming back from an adventure in the castle. Nothing. Kept nothing for days. Then finally 1. Then nothing for days and finally I now have 2, but back to nothing.

burritosprings
02-14-16, 05:13 PM

Dont confuse luck with a file cabinet full of X-Files. Pure Co-Inky-Dink that it happened.. i will not risk going that route and save future Hive resources. And for the people saying this storyline update was oh hum... Well it isnt FINISHED YET!!!

mailedogwhat
02-14-16, 09:48 PM
Been what, 8 days and I only have 4. TWICE I have received the 5th one, only to have the game "reset" and remove the 5th one. Once I had already started the "Examine Glimmer Strands" and it cleared it and reset. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

DrP4ever
02-15-16, 03:34 AM
I can send for the adventure from my castle but my barracks shows "locked by goal". Doesn't make any sense. Any idea how to fix that?

SpiritWind00
02-15-16, 03:45 AM
I can send for the adventure from my castle but my barracks shows "locked by goal". Doesn't make any sense. Any idea how to fix that?
:) ooh ooh, pick me! Lol!! ok, so you have to go on and collect 1 fur burrow adventure in the castle for it to then be unlocked in the barracks. :) it's about collecting that allows it to unlock in the barracks.

CeceGma
02-15-16, 11:33 AM
Finally got the 5th strand on the 15th! Started to think it was just all a dream.

Jennerwein1
02-16-16, 04:41 AM
Got my second, that is SECOND, strand today. At that pace, I might have them all maybe sometime after Easter. Maybe ...if I keep playing consistently every day.:mad:

Cafemochi
02-16-16, 07:15 PM
Got my second, that is SECOND, strand today. At that pace, I might have them all maybe sometime after Easter. Maybe ...if I keep playing consistently every day.:mad:

Hah! I thought maybe it was just me. I still have only one glimmer strand, even though I play every day. Not happy either.

burritosprings
02-16-16, 07:18 PM
No worries peeps. Twisted siss was tough.. Dont be worried. Its isnt a race.. Just cause u not first to finish is ok

pcfroglad
02-17-16, 05:49 AM
What a tedious exercise. I have three and i have been at it god knows how long ... Every 22 hours, click, bugger none this time, repeat....
I would have much preferred something complicated to make - involving careful optimization of resources, timing etc. This is plain boring.

riverly
02-17-16, 07:43 AM
I don't understand the reasoning behind these super rare drops. I hope people are not dropping the game because of these. The forum has been eeriely quiet.

burritosprings
02-18-16, 06:57 PM
Seems they are in a kinda twisted tie. Waiting on 1 more strand seems to feel like waiting on the new update. Just like sour4patch said wait till tmw. Lets hope i can start new quests by clicking on Magic Garden.. **** 2 elephants with 1 stone

coolssp
02-18-16, 07:07 PM
Seems they are in a kinda twisted tie. Waiting on 1 more strand seems to feel like waiting on the new update. Just like sour4patch said wait till tmw. Lets hope i can start new quests by clicking on Magic Garden.. **** 2 elephants with 1 stone

I'm still waiting for 3!!!

CLOVERKAITO
02-18-16, 10:35 PM
I haven't even got my second strand yet loll.......

pcfroglad
02-18-16, 11:21 PM
Yay! got my fourth! Tomorrow will go for number 5 :)

xology
02-19-16, 05:37 AM
I haven't even got my second strand yet loll.......

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.