PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story Events and Challenges

Rynetory2
01-19-16, 01:52 AM
Please put the name of the event at the top of your post if you are giving feedback for specific event.
Thank you for your feedback. :)

spring_peeper
01-25-16, 09:50 AM
Thank you rynetory2 for suggesting I post my issues in this section. Hopefully you are right and TL takes suggestions seriously.

I play Farm Story 2 as a fun little hobby. I like how I can figure out what needs to be crafted for deliveries or what I need to level up or purchase something. I do not spend more than a few hours playing this game a day. That's fine, with the time certain items need to grow or be crafted, I can play at this rate and still grow my farm.

There have been a few events in the past that have been doable for someone who plays as much as me. Granted, I don't know if my gameplay is average or not, but I'm assuming a vast majority of players have daily commitments (and enjoy sleeping at night) that prevent them from being on their device all day long (and setting timers at night). With a *slight* increase in my playing time and some thought put into my farm, I was able to complete the challenge.

I think I speak for a lot of players when I say these events are getting out of control. I'm going to use this recent grape growing event as an example. For starters, I do not agree with having a permanent fruit/vegetable/crop producing item available through the purchase of gems. This defeats the purpose of the game. There will be many orders that need to be discarded for players that do not have the luxury of spending 99 gems on a crop bearing item. Spending gems on cats or decorations makes more sense, but in order to advance in this game, one is required to harvest crops, craft items and complete deliveries. I'm sure a great suggestion would be to either buy the grapes in the market or discard the orders and craft other items. But why should we have to do this? I don't have access to cranberries yet, and I can't buy them in the market. Furthermore, the guilded vine only gives a few grapes every few hours. I'm doubtful the people who have these are going to be selling an abundance of grapes.

Sure, we can achieve the permanent grape vine by completing the challenges and goals. I ask you, how do I do this? Please TL, give us some words of wisdom. With my play rate and the low and inconsistent drop rate for grapes, I cannot mathematically complete this challenge. My options (as with the majority of the events) are as follows:
-play 24/7 and set timers to wake up every two hours to collect grapes.
-play 24/7 with hopes someone is selling grapes.
-give TL money to buy gems to speed up the process.
-give TL money to buy the guilded grape vine thing.

I am frankly rather tired of hearing these events are based on luck. Even so, I can't see how this event is beneficial from luck. It's just poorly planned.

When will TL actually plan an event with careful thought and consideration? Maybe in the future, events can be based on s**** and having us players actually view the event and try and come up with a game plan on how to achieve the final goal. For example, let's take those events where your progress is measured in percentages based on collecting items. From what I found, you can craft items that take extremely long to craft or require a ton of ingredients, and the progress bar moves up 2%. Come on, this is common sense. Unless the end goal of these games is to get people to spend money on gems.

Put some thought into future events so players actually get to put some thought into how they are going to achieve the goal! Make us think about how we are going to plan our crop harvesting and crafting. Don't reward effort randomly or by pure "luck". Please stop making these events achievable mainly by purchase of gems. Make an event that makes us think and plan. Be fair but make it challenging. I like a challenge that I know I can complete, but one that will require an effort. I abhor a challenge that I can already tell I will fail due to the poor execution of the event.

Wouldn't it be great if for this event, instead of winning a SINGLE item (or purchasing a SINGLE) item to grow grapes, it was tiered towards grape production. For example, the first few days of the event could be spent doing things to actually win a PERMANENT bare-bones grape vine. This vine will produce one grape every two hours. But, now have other challenges and goals to improve that grape vine. Maybe after completing the next few goals, you could upgrade to a vine that produces two grapes every two hours. Maybe the final set of goals would produce two green and two red grapes every two hours.

Same with the other challenges. Let's say the end goal is a pet. Cool. So let's say the very first thing needed is to purchase something from the market needed to ultimately complete the challenge. Players would then have to sell some items and complete some deliveries to buy the item (and not something worth 50,000 coins either, perhaps 2500-5000). So some can buy this right away while others will have to play for a few days to get the item. BUT, in the meantime, they can also be doing other things to keep moving with the challenge. This would allow a player to PLAN and THINK without having to give up everything else in the game and purchase gems.

All I ask TL is for you to put more thought into these challenges. That's all.

PookieBear50
03-10-16, 10:02 PM
RE: St. Patrick's Day Event 2016

Although I believe I can understand the reasoning for the highly limited drop rate for the Lucky Coins for this event, judging from the complaints in the event thread I think everyone would be happier if drop rates were made more player-friendly.

Taking the Mine for example, if drop rates for all the possible items remained relatively consistent between normal play and event play, I think players would be more satisfied. Obviously, something needs to give to accommodate the inclusion of a new item for the event, but making already difficult to obtain items even more difficult to get is really stacking the odds against the players, and is more likely to drive them away than encourage them to continue.

The Mine in my game, for example, seems to primarily be a silver mine, in that I seem to get more silver out of it than anything else. That's fine, except that when I actually need silver for an event, it suddenly becomes strangely rare. Consider: during normal play, my mine's output seems to be (just tossing numbers out) maybe 30% iron, 40% silver, 15% gold, 5% rubies, and 10% everything else (coins, gems, tools, etc.). Adding an event item (in this case, emeralds) would of course mean adjusting the numbers, but it seemed like, rather than decreasing the most easily dropped percentages (iron and silver), these were instead boosted, and an already difficult to obtain item (gold) was further decreased to accommodate the emeralds...so that the new percentages were more like 35% iron, 45% silver, 2% gold, 5% rubies, 5% everything else, and 8% emeralds.

Perhaps referring to these percentages as "output" is wrong, though that seems to coincide with what I was getting. Perhaps, instead, these are the odds of finding something in the mine? Because again, I was getting more emeralds than gold, and a lot more iron and silver than either. I even found more rubies than I did gold. And of course, the Lucky Coins were rarities as well, tossed in among the "everything else" category, which would account for their scarcity as well.

I won't say anything about the Fishing Hole, because I really don't understand that place at all, what with me pulling out Catfish and Bass repeatedly with just Dough Baits and Spicy Baits at times hooking only an Anchovy or two.

The drop rates of the Lucky Coins needs to be improved as well, or at least next time give us an opportunity to CRAFT our own Lucky Coins. During one of the first Prize Machine events, the 2nd Birthday Celebration, we were able to craft the needed items to use the Prize Machines. Although it was incredibly time consuming, at least we needed to trust in luck only once--when we used the machine--instead of twice as with this event, in which we must not only trust to luck with the machine, but also in our somehow obtaining a Lucky Coin to use with the Machine. In this instance, I would have suggested--after NOT tampering with the drop rate of Gold in the Mine--that we need to find Lucky Clovers and combine them with gold in the Jewelry Maker. At least here, while we must trust in luck to get the Lucky Clover, at least we could quickly grow more Clovers and keep hoping for the Lucky Clover to show up.

Please consider these suggestions for future events. Thank you.

kellanrevere
03-11-16, 12:24 PM
Great post ! Thank you .

jumpsforjoy1
04-25-16, 04:01 AM
I have earned the foal on my daughter's game and will have the foal on my game in just 2 more collections from the Spring Meadow event April 2016. I am not sure if anyone from Storm 8 ever reads our comments but on the off chance they do I am hoping they will give a lot more thought into the next event that they run.

I play games for fun and relaxation and I am willing to spend money on my games. I enjoy the challenge of an event. But this event was downright grueling and monotonous, sending delivery after delivery after delivery only to not get any upgrade parts. Buying both regular and deluxe bird houses that out of 10 bird houses would yield as few as 2 or 3 upgrade parts. Stormie showing up in our neighbors shops and buying up upgrade parts. All of this has made me very unexcited about the game and very reluctant to partake in the next event.

I get the fact that Storm 8 is out to make money but we deserve better than as shoddy of an event that this has been. Storm 8 also needs to take into account how much people might possibly be willing to spend to reach a goal in an event. My threshold is $15. Storm 8 needs to realize that for as little as $7.99 a month I can subscribe to Netflix and have an entire month's worth of entertainment. When you begin to think about how you will spend your entertainment dollars, events run by Storm 8 do not make much financial sense no matter how cute the prize is especially when the event requires so much of one's time and patience to complete.

stm4522
04-25-16, 08:25 AM
Spring World Event. April 2016
This was probably the worst event that I have played in FS2. Very disappointing to work and work and no upgrade parts for days! Not a fun event at all. The only positive I had was building up my supplies and getting lots of coins earned from selling my goods. Poor results from Storm 8 personnel as usual. No changes and certainly no answers to everyone's questions.

Grannaville
04-25-16, 12:39 PM
Spring World Event 2016 - long time player - I'm very disappointed in this event. Like the other players, I've played continuously and scoured the newspaper constantly for upgrade parts.....to no avail. Pathetic! I will not be able to achieve the goal, but certainly not for lack of effort. TL, this is not the way to improve reviews or keep current players. I'm giving serious consideration to one of the other similar games that I keep seeing in the ads.

PookieBear50
04-25-16, 01:41 PM
Spring World Event 2016

Although I was able to fully upgrade my tree and achieve the goal, it would not have been possible had not some players who chose not to participate in the even, contacted me and sold me whatever upgrade parts they received. It would have been extremely difficult--most likely impossible--to complete, as I would be trying to play while working around a job and sleep.

I would suggest that, for future events, the drop rate of upgrade parts be tweaked a bit. I do not know what algorithms are used to determine how frequently parts are dropped, but I would suggest increasing it by at least 0.5% to 1.0%. I would also suggest not preventing players who fully upgrade their trees from assisting others by allowing them to continue to receive upgrade parts that they can sell. On the one hand, I can understand the desire to have players purchase packs that give them the upgrade parts and/or gems to purchase gems to advance the upgrades without collecting upgrade parts. On the other hand, the low drop rate has likely generated more negativity than good will with players.

Perhaps the opinion was that the longer event period would justify the lower drop rate, and there might be some validity to that. However, I think the drop rate was lowered too far, resulting in difficulties in completing the event. I think the next couple of events will need to be much simpler and easier, to earn back the interest and trust of the new and old players who were angered and frustrated by this one.

spring_peeper
04-27-16, 12:52 PM
Oh man, I didn't know Stormie was buying up the upgrade parts from other farms. That says a lot right there.

I'm sure this next May Flowers event is already planned but it would be the perfect event to gain some good will back with the players.

TL needs to realize a few things for every event:
-players cannot devote 24 hours a day to this game.
-players do not want to spend a lot of money (or any money for that matter) to win a prize.
-maybe I'm speaking based on my thoughts here, but most players (I assume) want a challenge that is fair.

It is possible to change drop rates. Remember the event a few years ago when "Piper was stealing the shears to cut Morgan's hair" or something like that? After a bunch of unhappy players posted about the drop rates, they suddenly increased.

Could it be possible that instead of assigning random drop rates to deliveries, have a specific item drop when a specific item is crafted and sent? Take the last event for example. What if garden gloves dropped when cornbread was sent in an order? Maybe the rake would drop if scarves were crafted and sent? That would add an element of thought to this whole process. Just don't go and never have these things in delivery orders, that would defeat the purpose of it all.

kooky panda
04-27-16, 12:56 PM
Oh man, I didn't know Stormie was buying up the upgrade parts from other farms. That says a lot right there.

Please note that stormie will buy items that have been up for sale for some time. He does not buy immediately.
If you have had stormie buy an upgradeable part from you, please let me know what item he bought and how long you had it up for sale so I can report this over.

PookieBear50
04-27-16, 01:33 PM
Could it be possible that instead of assigning random drop rates to deliveries, have a specific item drop when a specific item is crafted and sent? Take the last event for example. What if garden gloves dropped when cornbread was sent in an order? Maybe the rake would drop if scarves were crafted and sent? That would add an element of thought to this whole process. Just don't go and never have these things in delivery orders, that would defeat the purpose of it all.

I think this would make it more like a collection event (and players had issues with those as well).

rhiannydd892
05-02-16, 03:36 AM
I get that these events aren't supposed to be easy, but they really are getting ridiculous now. 15 items to craft in the latest events 20 hours each one?!? That's 13 days just for one task!!

summit777
05-02-16, 01:54 PM
I get that these events aren't supposed to be easy, but they really are getting ridiculous now. 15 items to craft in the latest events 20 hours each one?!? That's 13 days just for one task!!
so true! and don't forget the required flowers, they also have a time to grow!

EDIT: the Dev-Team changed the time to 5 hours, it's extremly gentle, they listened to us :)

ethan1brothers
05-05-16, 12:49 PM
that instead of relying on the shipping to drop items you do it like they do in baking story 2 and restaurant story 2 and have a special character come in and give the drops ?

that way you aren't shipping things for 2 days and not getting the supplies you need ?

kalosbb
08-04-16, 09:43 AM
The recent event kitty tree is not realist to complete by making the requested items in the studio n bait shop!

The purpose of this event is just letting the players to buy the gems if want to complete the quests.

Long time to plant makes you never get enough catnip!
Get 20 pieces of gold in few days with never enough pickaxe n shovel
One harvest from chicken only 1 feather! Makes players got hundreds of eggs if want to get 80pcs of feather to make those pecial baits! Ridiculous!
I just saw a player selling overwhelmed egg at $4 each! How miserable!

Only method is buying the gems! If so, please don't launch such event.

Or warn players not to get started to do it.

Please don't ruiniing the players` passion on this game.

So disappointed.

Sorry for complaining but it's true. Thanks a lot.

Moissonor
08-08-16, 12:15 PM
Please put the name of the event at the top of your post if you are giving feedback for specific event.
Thank you for your feedback. :)

Try some events with a limit of time variable, depending of the "farmer". When the objective is attained by the "farmer", all the preceding parts disappears as usual.

Merci de votre attention.
Moissonor

PookieBear50
08-31-16, 11:20 AM
Camping Quest - August 25, 2016
This latest event has been a mostly positive experience, beyond the regular problems that players complain about (specifically, drop rates). The matches dropped frequently enough, and the five options associated with them--the campfires and the deluxe campfire--meant that players could complete most of the goals without excessive difficulty. The drop rate of the tools and coins, however, is a bit frustrating, especially as a large quantity of Flint is needed, but its drop rate is equally as low as that of the ruby.

The addition of the Granola Bar to the Kitchen as permanent item, rather than an event-only item, is a plus. However, the requirement of raisins--made with the purple grapes--becomes problematic, as it becomes a second item requiring the raisins (after the Raisin Bread in the Bakery) while there are no specific demands for the green grapes. Except that the green grapes can be used in two other items--albeit in conjunction with the purple grapes--they are becoming like the Bass from the Fishing Pond: no practical purpose. It might have been nice to gain the option to craft golden raisins from the green grapes, and use those instead of the purple grapes/raisins in the Granola Bars. But perhaps that will be an item in a future event.

I am not a particular fan of the coin machine, though I suspect right now it is because I am waiting to win the last item but coin drops have been minimal. The inclusion of so many skins to redecorate the farm and the livestock animals is always a bonus...but I wonder at the lack of an appropriately-themed skin for the sheep: the cows, chickens, and pigs received new skins, so why not the sheep? Or the alpaca, for that matter, but then I suppose it might be redundant since not everyone will have unlocked the alpaca yet.

With regard to the 7 goals, I have only one complaint about the quest to win the Bear Cub: why have us craft items that, while they will sell for a lot, there is no real value to? It makes sense that some of the goal-timed items--the Hiking Boots, the Ranger Hats, etc.--are time-restricted, but at least they are then required to craft the next item (e.g., Carabiners to craft the Hiking Pants) and/or turned in to complete the goal. Others, however, are then rendered valueless--the Oatmeal Cookies could be turned in, but not the S'more Cupcakes, the Cider Canteens, or the Hiking Packs. They can be put up for sale, but experienced players know better than to buy them. It would not be an issue if these items were allowed to be crafted all the way through the event but also requested in deliveries; at least then they would not sit in our Side Shops waiting for some unsuspecting player to buy them (or for Stormie or one of the 'bots to come through and buy up our excess useless items). The Christmas events required certain items be crafted to progress, but those items were made available from beginning to end of the event, and they were also requested for deliveries, so it was still possible for players to sell off those items that were crafted but not used for the goals. If something like this could be made applicable for future events, it would be greatly appreciated.

Overall, this quest has been doable. The requested items haven't been hard to craft, though coming so soon after the last even may have been somewhat problematic, as players might be struggling to replenish their inventories and their coins (at least, that was my situation). Beyond that, a repeat of this event (or at least something similar) would, I think, be welcomed by most players...if the drop rates for tools and coins improved.

PookieBear50
09-29-16, 12:19 PM
Autumn County Fair - September 23, 2016

Generally speaking, I like the County Fair events, even if they do wipe out my coins. However, with so many buildings available and so many items now possible to be asked for, and only so many hours in a day (during which many players have other obligations--work, sleep, etc.), perhaps some parameters might be set to reduce the pressure and stress of trying to complete so many orders in one day?

I don't know if it's still in place, but in previous County Fair events, there was a "sliding scale" from Day 1 to Day 10 on the value of the orders: a 5-ribbon (or star, or whatever) order might start off completing 10% of the day's requirements on Day 1, but by Day 10 it might barely be worth 3%. I would suggest changing this system and locking the value of the orders. Higher level players have so many high-value crafts available to them that they could easily set all their available buildings to crafting ahead of time and still not get the right item. This becomes even more frustrating and stressful when, by the end of the event, those high-value crafts which players have spent hours crafting, barely move the bar along to 100%.

Instead of this system, please consider locking the order values in from the start of the event to the end. A 5-ribbon order could fulfill 10% of the day's requirement, while a 1-ribbon order could fulfill only 2%. Though there might be concern that this would make the event too easy for higher level players, there remains the issue of time required to craft the 5-ribbon items, many of which require lower-value items to be crafted first (many of which require a lot of time to craft as well) to provide the ingredients for the higher value recipes, as well as the sheer number of crafts available now to sustain the challenge and difficulty of the event for all players.

Also, there are the ongoing requirements of the trucks to slow down players as they juggle space requirements, ingredient availability, and building activity against County Fair orders.

I have not noticed an increase in quantities for the County Fair orders, but that is another possibility to increasing the difficulty of order fulfillment. A request for 25 Bread might on the surface not equate in value to a single Dollhouse, but it would take nearly as long to craft, and the burden of finding space in the barn for all the Bread could offset the significantly greater availability of Wheat Flour or Bread in the Newspaper and Side Shops than of the Dollhouse or its ingredients, and the commitment of 2 buildings (Windmill and Bakery) would offset the ready availability of Wheat by removing two buildings from use for other orders. I would not say that a 25-Bread order would be valued at 5 ribbons, but it might be comparable to a 3-ribbon order of smaller quantities but greater complexity.

I know it's too late to change things now, but I hope that future County Fair events might offer other alternatives to the current sliding scale of order value.

Bobbar1
10-22-17, 06:54 AM
Why have they made it impossible to win events without spending large amounts of money. You used to be able to make it through the fairs and win. Now after you reach 1/2 way they reduce the points by 1/3 for all the items you send. With other events they have made the requirements so large that you cannot reach the prize. Bring back the old formula where it was hard and challenging but you would win (without spending tons of money)