PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Story: Springtime & Android User Despair

NatalieO85
01-23-16, 11:54 AM
For quite some time, I have been interested in the porcelain tables and decor that come from Bakery Story: Springtime. I am an Android user from the United States. Whenever I try to download this version of Bakery Story it says it is not available in my country yet. That seems a little bit unbelievable, since it came out quite a while ago, and I am able to download every other version of the game.

As an add on to this post, I would like to discuss discrepancies between Bakery Story/Restaurant Story and Android users. All too often I am asked to download a game for gems that is not supported on Android, such as Farm Story 2, Restaurant Story 2, Castle Story etc. This is extremely frustrating, because gems are hard to earn in the first place, and people playing on a platform that supports these games are now given an advantage that Android users do not have.

In addition to not being able to download certain games for gems, it has come to my attention that certain users have the option of watching short videos for gems. I am not sure if this option is not available to me because of my platform, or because of my country, but this is another example of certain users being left in the dust while others are given the opportunity to thrive.

Finally, I would like to say that I realize the developers of this game work hard, and this is not meant to be a thread about bashing them. I am simply searching for answers. If anyone has any information about when the Bakery Story: Springtime version will be available to everyone, it would be appreciated. Any other information related to solutions for streamlining the game so that everyone can enjoy it equally would also be great. Thank you for reading.

Please add NatalieO85 in Bakery Story and Restaurant Story. I do not tip frequently at all, but I respond to requests and gift daily. Extremely active accounts only. Thank you.

ElaineCarrel
01-23-16, 05:14 PM
The Bundles r not a new feature for iOS/Apple users. The item bundles were introduced either last yr or the yr b4 and haven't been updated for ages. I think TL gave up on them.
It's my understanding that everytime android users (or most of them) r given a new version of the game to download they also receive gems just for doing this. Apple/iOS players get no such thing. We're not given new versions to download, the new material just appears at update time. I'm sure Apple platform users would love to get those free gems for just downloading a new version.

Yes there r differences btwn android and iOS platforms but IMHO they seem to level out in the long run.

NatalieO85
01-23-16, 06:57 PM
The item bundle I am talking about is the most recent one, just to be clear. Also, I have never gotten gems for downloading an update for the game. It's my understanding that Apple users get updated automatically whilst Android users have to download them manually.

ElaineCarrel
01-23-16, 09:35 PM
The most recent bundle according to the expansion tab is the FIESTA BUNDLE AND THAT WAS RELEASED BACK IN APRIL OF 2015 and yes Apple users r updated automatically. I do know that some Android users used to get gems for downloading new versions of the game. They'd have to wait until the following Monday to download but they earned btwn 4-6 gems just for downloading. I'd gladly download my new versions to get free gems. There used to b a big discussion about how unfair this was for the Apple users.

NatalieO85
01-23-16, 09:56 PM
Oh, I see! Thanks for clearing that up for me. You're right, Apple users should definitely get that option. I would definitely love to see things evened out across the board. :)

kaelynrosecake
01-24-16, 02:24 AM
Hiya! We are neighbors but I figured explaining what I do know is much easier on the forum rather than our walls!

I never knew the porcelain set were from the springtime app (or that there was such an app to begin with), but I've read that all other versions of the game were removed when Bakery Story 2 came out. So if you are still able to download the other versions, you've probably downloaded them before they were removed so they are still available to you.

I play on IOS and the normal version of Bakery Story is the only one I've ever had, and I think I started playing around the same time Bakery Story 2 came out. But the porcelain set have been available to me since I've reached the required level I guess (if there was a level requirement - can't really remember).

Watching videos for gems on IOS is not available to all IOS users, it's probably random who gets it. I don't have it on my bakery but I do on my restaurant. I once made a 2nd bakery and the video feature is available on it. It's 2 videos and 2 gems per 12 or 13 hrs or watching a video to reduce 2 hrs off 2 or 3 recipes (can't remember which). I've actually mostly used it to speed up cooking because my restaurant used to run out of food so fast!

NatalieO85
01-24-16, 07:57 AM
Thanks so much for responding, Rosecake! You are a great neighbor, and your bakery is absolutely amazing. It's most definitely way easier to talk on here than be subjected to the word limit on the walls!

I started playing a long time ago, but unfortunately I didn't know that you could take your bakery with you when you switched devices and have started over whenever I switched devices over the last few years. My bad! Haha

After we talked about the porcelain set, I looked it up, and that's how I found out it was from the springtime app. Since everyone that I know that has IOS has it, I am guessing it updated automatically for them. Did all other versions really get removed when Bakery Story 2 come out?

That's a really neat feature that lets you watch videos for gems. I know a few other Apple users with that feature. I wonder why it is not available to everyone. I am switching to an Apple device in about a month and will be curious to see if I get the option. I would definitely prefer it over my current situation. Right now about every two weeks I get asked to download a new game for about 4-6 gems. This is great, except the problem with it is that the games are usually not available for my Android platform. So, this becomes a mute point and I end up baking for all my gems.

If anyone else has any information about Springtime, or compatibility, or gem earning, I would appreciate it. And thanks again to Rosecake and Elaine for the great information. I won't be around much today, as I am going to pick up our new husky puppy a few hours away.

kaelynrosecake
01-24-16, 08:36 AM
I hope you get that feature once you switch to an iOS device :)

Downloading games for gems is also an option for me but again, not sure exactly how many gems I get per download. But I did it twice in these past few weeks I believe. The problem is when they tell you to download a game and then you get addicted to it! Like solitaire! Ugh, I could not stop playing it! Now they're asking me to play 300 games of solitaire lol.

On iOS I can't find any other versions of Bakery Story. A while back I googled why there isn't a Valentine's Day or Halloween editions anymore to find that they were removed fairly recently.

Good luck with your new puppy! And thank you so much for the compliments!

ElaineCarrel
01-24-16, 08:33 PM
I don't have the option here on bs but on RS everyday(21 hrs) I'm able to watch 3 different videos and get 1 gem for ea video. It's never a video promoting a Storm8 game. I'm getting tired of the Wal-Mart videos where it's a little girl and mother talking about Star Wars. UGH

NatalieO85
01-25-16, 07:24 AM
I hope you get that feature once you switch to an iOS device :)

Downloading games for gems is also an option for me but again, not sure exactly how many gems I get per download. But I did it twice in these past few weeks I believe. The problem is when they tell you to download a game and then you get addicted to it! Like solitaire! Ugh, I could not stop playing it! Now they're asking me to play 300 games of solitaire lol.

On iOS I can't find any other versions of Bakery Story. A while back I googled why there isn't a Valentine's Day or Halloween editions anymore to find that they were removed fairly recently.

Good luck with your new puppy! And thank you so much for the compliments!

Ugh, I just got three hours of sleep. Puppy sleep deprivation is real! Haha! I hope I get the video feature when I get my phone too. If I get that, on top of them asking me to download games for gems that my platform actually supports, my bakery and restaurant should be in pretty good shape soon! It's been rough! Android barely ever supports what they want me to download for gems since I came back to the game, so I can't download what they ask, and get no gems. It's going to be really weird if I switch to a new phone and have access to new items! But, that's still a while away. Saving for it. Those iphones are expensive now! Whew!

NatalieO85
01-25-16, 07:27 AM
I don't have the option here on bs but on RS everyday(21 hrs) I'm able to watch 3 different videos and get 1 gem for ea video. It's never a video promoting a Storm8 game. I'm getting tired of the Wal-Mart videos where it's a little girl and mother talking about Star Wars. UGH

Wow! Are they really long videos, or short ads? So they make you watch the same ones over and over?! That could get old fast! Do you have the videos memorized yet? Haha! I still kind of can't wait to try it, since it will be a stable source of gems. I can definitely see where it would get annoying though.

kaelynrosecake
01-25-16, 08:48 AM
The videos are quite short, but they do get old lol. I honestly just run them without watching anymore. I think you get different videos based on your location or service provider or something like that.

NatalieO85
01-25-16, 09:52 AM
So it's pretty much like you hit play, go get a cup of coffee, and come back with three more gems, eh?! I love it! So much easier than trying to reach some required level in a game that you are not really into for gems. It takes forever. I am playing Fantasy Story for gems right now and I don't even like it. That's just how much I love my bakery and restaurant. lol

aiyoosha
01-25-16, 10:29 AM

i blame disney for that, dam commercializing the best saga ever

twospoons
01-25-16, 01:18 PM
So it's pretty much like you hit play, go get a cup of coffee, and come back with three more gems, eh?! I love it! So much easier than trying to reach some required level in a game that you are not really into for gems. It takes forever. I am playing Fantasy Story for gems right now and I don't even like it. That's just how much I love my bakery and restaurant. lol

i'm trying like anything to finish out the levels that get you gems on that fantasy forest. it's so adorable it makes me cringe, which is why i couldn't finish it the first time they sent out that goal.

good luck on being one of those chosen for video gems! i absolutely hate this feature's unequal treatment, but it's nice for those who were blessed to get it.

NatalieO85
01-25-16, 01:34 PM
i blame disney for that, dam commercializing the best saga ever

Haha I totally agree. Disney is making billions, and it is the best saga ever. I have to admit that I thought J.J. Abrams did a fantastic job, and I was not disappointed like I was in 2005. I am also guilty of buying their Disney Star Wars merch like an R2D2 measuring cup etc. Haha! How epic would it be if there was a STAR WARS theme in BAKERY STORY!? Death star cupcakes, anyone?! Could be epic.

NatalieO85
01-25-16, 01:37 PM
i'm trying like anything to finish out the levels that get you gems on that fantasy forest. it's so adorable it makes me cringe, which is why i couldn't finish it the first time they sent out that goal.

good luck on being one of those chosen for video gems! i absolutely hate this feature's unequal treatment, but it's nice for those who were blessed to get it.

There's just something creepy about forcing two magical beasts to confinement in a love nest, waiting for them for 14 hours to complete, and then harvesting the egg. It just makes me feel uneasy. Every time they force me to do it, I'm like "This one's for Bakery Story!" Hahaha!!!

NatalieO85
01-25-16, 01:42 PM
I want to be chosen for video gems! NOTICE ME, SENPAI!!! :mad:

aiyoosha
01-25-16, 01:52 PM
I want to be chosen for video gems! NOTICE ME, SENPAI!!! :mad:

another fellow anime watcher i presume XD

NatalieO85
01-25-16, 03:42 PM
another fellow anime watcher i presume XD

Haha, absolutely!!!

ElaineCarrel
01-25-16, 07:30 PM
No. U only get credit for 1 video ad at a time. Some days my videos won't load or I'll let 1 play thru and then there's a glitch and I get told Sorry for the inconvenience but u didn't receive the gem. Plz come back and try again later. of course the abbreviations r mine not used by the game.

kaelynrosecake
01-25-16, 10:39 PM
I want Death Star cupcakes 😁

NatalieO85
01-25-16, 10:48 PM
I suggest:
-Death Star Cupcakes
-Light saber lollipops
-Millennium Falcon cake
-Chewy Chewbacca cookies

WIN. SO MUCH WIN.

kaelynrosecake