PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Step 3 of 6 in Pressing Matters

driver1711
01-23-16, 07:36 AM
Mine shows 1/9 under the Make Grape Ciders, but shows 4/9 under the Give Grape Ciders, so it looks like the first counter must be stuck in neutral. I am running FS2 2.2.3, iOS 9.2.1, userid GTGGSF on an iPad Mini. Can some take a look.

Rynetory2
01-23-16, 08:03 AM
Sorry about this. Is it possible that you started making the grape ciders before you reach your goal? It will only start counting when you get to the goal. Perhaps you made 3 grape ciders before you got to the goal and it counted your 4th when you reached the goal?

driver1711
01-23-16, 08:08 AM
Sorry about this. Is it possible that you started making the grape ciders before you reach your goal? It will only start counting when you get to the goal. Perhaps you made 3 grape ciders before you got to the goal and it counted your 4th when you reached the goal?
No, I was at the goal and made 2 overnight and the counter did not move this morning. I am waiting for more grapes to make more, so will not be able to test to see if that was the problem.

Rynetory2
01-23-16, 08:23 AM
The make counter registers when you start crafting the cider, so it's correct that your make counter should not register this morning but your give counter would.

I think when you crafted the ciders, it didnt register last night. Are you able to try again?

To add: It could be that your progress didnt sync with the servers due to connection. Please let me know if you are still having issues with this. Thanks.

driver1711
01-23-16, 05:27 PM
The make counter registers when you start crafting the cider, so it's correct that your make counter should not register this morning but your give counter would.

I think when you crafted the ciders, it didnt register last night. Are you able to try again?

To add: It could be that your progress didnt sync with the servers due to connection. Please let me know if you are still having issues with this. Thanks.Yes, I tried again. Made 1 grape cider and checked. Was @ 2/9 to Make and 4/9 to Give. Am now stuck @ 2/9 to make w 47 gems to bypass and 5/9 to give.
I am 12 minutes from possibly having enough grapes to try again and then the 1.5 hours to make, so it will be awhile before I can see any progress or lack thereof. I have been doing hard closes, so should not be a sync issue. Didn't get the grapes I needed so will be tomorrow at best.

Am now with 3/9 made and 40 gems to bypass but still at 5/9 to give. Have one more in process for tonight.

fish63
01-23-16, 06:04 PM
Counter shows 9 given but 8 made! Closed but still the same! Don't want to waste grapes!

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 06:59 AM
Yes, I tried again. Made 1 grape cider and checked. Was @ 2/9 to Make and 4/9 to Give. Am now stuck @ 2/9 to make w 47 gems to bypass and 5/9 to give.
I am 12 minutes from possibly having enough grapes to try again and then the 1.5 hours to make, so it will be awhile before I can see any progress or lack thereof. I have been doing hard closes, so should not be a sync issue. Didn't get the grapes I needed so will be tomorrow at best.

Am now with 3/9 made and 40 gems to bypass but still at 5/9 to give. Have one more in process for tonight.

Summarising your actions and counters
1. Your counters were @ Make 2/9, Give 4/9
2. You made and gave 1 more -> Make 2/9, Gave 5/9 (wrong result for Make)
3. You made and gave 1 more -> Make 3/9, Give 5/9 (wrong result for Give)

I hope I had understood you correctly. Can you confirm if my summary is correct?

I have flagged this over. Hopefully one of the CMs can help to check on this. Very sorry that this happened. :(
Can you also reinstall your game before you try Make/Give again?

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 07:14 AM
Counter shows 9 given but 8 made! Closed but still the same! Don't want to waste grapes!

Can you try to reinstall the game and see if it works? Sorry about this.

driver1711
01-24-16, 09:59 AM
yQUOTE=rynetory2;1240123]Summarising your actions and counters
1. Your counters were @ Make 2/9, Give 4/9
2. You made and gave 1 more -> Make 2/9, Gave 5/9 (wrong result for Make)
3. You made and gave 1 more -> Make 3/9, Give 5/9 (wrong result for Give)

I hope I had understood you correctly. Can you confirm if my summary is correct?

I have flagged this over. Hopefully one of the CMs can help to check on this. Very sorry that this happened. :(
Can you also reinstall your game before you try Make/Give again?[/QUOTE]

The counts for line 2 were correct. I don't know how it got to the values on line 3. I am now at 3/9 on make and 6/9 on give as I was able to make one overnight and collected @ 6:20 this morning. Am still waiting on enough grapes to make another., so I will reinstall and see if that helps anything.

Reinstall did not change anything on the counters and still need grapes before I can try again.

driver1711
01-24-16, 11:25 AM
Finally have grapes and am now making one grape cider. Step 3 now shows 4/9 in make so maybe reinstall helped. Also lowered gems needed for bypass to 34 from 40. Couple more times like this and I can gem my way past the obstacle.

LadyFencer
01-24-16, 01:20 PM
On step 4--making the raisin bread. I currently show that I have made 3/4. In my inventory, I had only 1. I hit "Give" and that one registered, yet I still show that I have made 3. I have one cooking in my kitchen with another set to go and raisins to make a third.

I have made two, so both counts are wrong--one more in the made count than I actually did make and one I made is not available to give. When I picked up the second one, I hit the button to make two more, then when I checked my count of what I've made, it showed the three. I thought that was weird. And I'm annoyed, to say the least, at the 4 1/2 hours per raisin bread, to have one of them not in the inventory to give.

I did not start making any before I reached this stage. I'm playing on an iPhone 5S and I'm not sure what version of FS2 I'm playing, but I do update it whenever one comes out. I see 2 2.2 at the bottom of the FAQs, but that may apply only to the Q/As.

LadyFencer
01-24-16, 01:29 PM
I thought the "made" count didn't go up until we COLLECTED an item. Is it going up when one is actually cooking? (That would explain the discrepancy with how many I've made--two fully made and one still cooking.)

PookieBear50
01-24-16, 02:30 PM
I thought the "made" count didn't go up until we COLLECTED an item. Is it going up when one is actually cooking? (That would explain the discrepancy with how many I've made--two fully made and one still cooking.)

If I read your first post correctly, you didn't make the raisin bread before the goal unlocked, but is it possible you may have bought it in the someone's store or from the newspaper (I think I remember Stormie offering at least one of the grape-related items in my game)? If so, then that 1 would not have counted towards the goal. However, you COULD "give" it for the goal, and it would have counted (as you say it did). Also, the 1 you committed to making after the goal unlocked DID count towards the goal, making it 1/4, and then when you committed to making 2 more, those registered as well, raising the numbers to 3/4.

It would seem that the count IS registering as soon as we commit ingredients to crafting the item, since--as we cannot cancel or recall those items--we will eventually have that item available.

driver1711
01-24-16, 03:39 PM
Looks like my counters may now be working so maybe the reinstall worked. Am now @ 6/9 on the make and 8/9 for give on the grape cider. The make count does go up as soon as you start to make anything. As soon as I get one more batch of grapes and get cider cooking, I will gem my way out of step 3. and hope that step 4 works much better.

LadyFencer
01-24-16, 03:49 PM
If I read your first post correctly, you didn't make the raisin bread before the goal unlocked, but is it possible you may have bought it in the someone's store or from the newspaper (I think I remember Stormie offering at least one of the grape-related items in my game)? If so, then that 1 would not have counted towards the goal. However, you COULD "give" it for the goal, and it would have counted (as you say it did). Also, the 1 you committed to making after the goal unlocked DID count towards the goal, making it 1/4, and then when you committed to making 2 more, those registered as well, raising the numbers to 3/4.

It would seem that the count IS registering as soon as we commit ingredients to crafting the item, since--as we cannot cancel or recall those items--we will eventually have that item available.

AFTER this goal opened for me I made a raisin bread and collected it. I knew to wait for the goal to open or they do not count. I made and collected a second raisin bread and started two more. When I checked my inventory in my barn, I had only one raisin bread despite having made TWO AFTER the goal started. One of them did not register when I collected it. I was able to give only one toward the goal two.

I have not even seen any grapes, raisins, grape cider or raisin bread to purchase and have not bought any.

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 07:06 PM
Looks like my counters may now be working so maybe the reinstall worked. Am now @ 6/9 on the make and 8/9 for give on the grape cider. The make count does go up as soon as you start to make anything. As soon as I get one more batch of grapes and get cider cooking, I will gem my way out of step 3. and hope that step 4 works much better.

Great to hear that your counters are working properly now. :D

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 07:14 PM

The Make Counter increases when you click to make a goal item in the machine. The Give Counter increases when you click [Give] to submit the goal item(s) in your barn. They dont do anything when you collect these items.

AFTER this goal opened for me I made a raisin bread and collected it. I knew to wait for the goal to open or they do not count. I made and collected a second raisin bread and started two more. When I checked my inventory in my barn, I had only one raisin bread despite having made TWO AFTER the goal started. One of them did not register when I collected it. I was able to give only one toward the goal two.

I have not even seen any grapes, raisins, grape cider or raisin bread to purchase and have not bought any.

Can you reinstall your game? Regular Farm Story 2 is v2.2, Holiday Harvest is v2.3 and IOS 9.2.1. Thanks.

LadyFencer
01-25-16, 06:29 AM
The Make Counter increases when you click to make a goal item in the machine. The Give Counter increases when you click [Give] to submit the goal item(s) in your barn. They dont do anything when you collect these items.

Can you reinstall your game? Regular Farm Story 2 is v2.2, Holiday Harvest is v2.3 and IOS 9.2.1. Thanks.

I made another raisin bread, everything has now counted, and I've finished the goal without having to reinstall and with no more disappearing. So far the tarts have registered when I've clicked to make them (2--1 started and 1 in the queue). Thank you.

Rynetory2
01-25-16, 07:18 AM
Great to hear that your counters are working! :D Just a suggestion, I am not sure if you want to reinstall just in case. Well, grapes take 2 hours to harvest, dont want you to take the chance if you know what I mean. But it's entirely your call. Good luck and have fun with your event.