PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the "try a new game" offers?

emkakel
01-22-16, 11:23 PM
I have been a daily player of Storm8 games for over a year now, and until recently I used to get special quests to download other Storm8 games for gem rewards. I've only just thought about it now, but I really miss that! My current addiction is Castle Story, which I found through such offers, and I would love to find some more games to play because I recently stopped playing Farm Story 2 daily as there wasn't anything new to do.

Anybody else still get these offers? I really miss them!

Sheeba8188
01-23-16, 05:39 AM
Currently I have got download and play fantasy forest valentines its similar to dragon story I got 14 gems for download and play and then its 7 gems for reaching level 13.

meme1098
01-23-16, 07:34 AM
I haven't gotten one in I don't know how long. Didn't the download used to give you 30 gems & then 15 for each certain level you'd reach? (I know S8 doesn't award gems to play other games but you do get them for tapping a building on your game board.) Beat ya to the disclaimer S8 :D

emkakel
01-23-16, 07:46 AM
Yeah, that's the ones I meant :). I get bored now - I used to play the "new" game while waiting for my energy to recharge or something to finish growing on my main games. Now...... well now I just have to get on with real life stuff and don't spend so much time on games.... hmmm, should I be grateful that I don't get the offers anymore? hehehe:p

vaso1908
01-23-16, 10:33 AM
I think that s8 is slowly replacing these offers with the constant pop ups that are annoying and don't reward anything. I miss them too, i have found many wonderful games through them and they were a nice source of gem income. Hopefully they'll be back sometime soon...

roguebee
01-23-16, 01:27 PM
I always found the offers came in spurts. A few weeks of nothing, than one every week for a while, then nothing again. Part of it seemed seasonal, related to holidays. Wouldn't be surprised to see several V-day versions pop up.

Clark_Wayne
02-05-16, 12:58 AM
installed Frozen mania : NO GEMS rewarded ! not even a gold token ! :mad:

SpiritWind00
02-05-16, 01:00 AM
installed Frozen mania : NO GEMS rewarded ! not even a gold token ! :mad:

Have you done the second part? I haven't installed it yet, so not sure what will happen when asked to collect from a building in part 2. If you have done part 2 (which will tell you what happens next) let us know.

Sandybellee
02-05-16, 03:28 AM
Have you done the second part? I haven't installed it yet, so not sure what will happen when asked to collect from a building in part 2. If you have done part 2 (which will tell you what happens next) let us know.

I got three flower arrangements (the ones needed for the current Valentine's event), no gems. :(

vaso1908
02-05-16, 03:36 AM
I got three flower arrangements (the ones needed for the current Valentine's event), no gems. :(

That's what I got too. Too bad they replaced our best source of some extra gems. They were always a pleasant surprise... :(

Clark_Wayne
02-05-16, 03:48 AM
yes only flower arrangements. well i won't try their new games anymore and my baby account neither !

SpiritWind00
02-05-16, 03:48 AM
3 romantic blossoms... Yay! Happy with that given you need bucket loads of them for the event.

rulerofjennyville
02-05-16, 04:44 AM
I got hopeful when I saw them - I want a cupid cow. But all I got were the flowers, too. With Frozen Mania it says that we are supposed to play to level 15 and get something else - presumably more flowers. But when I finished level one I wasn't able to move on. Nothing happens when I push the little level 2 button.

ladyperidot
02-05-16, 06:11 AM

That's what I got too. Oh well, at least it's useful, you need 5 to get the stargazer ridge to level 2 and then 15 more

PrincessCupOButter
02-05-16, 06:38 AM
I got the three flowers from part one....no part two for me. :( Probably because I had already leveled up in the past for gems.

I am glad to at least get SOMEthing, but I'd rather have the gems or at least a rare gift. Those would be a much bigger incentive to play the new games.
As for this one, I think the shimmering strands would have been more appropriate, since so many people are having trouble getting them, considering the only source has a 22 hour timer and no guaranteed drop. The flowers were nice, but also very easy to craft....

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-05-16, 07:45 AM
I remember when these "2-part" goals first started, the first part was still "collect from a coin building" and it still rewarded 30 gems, and then the SECOND part rewarded something EXTRA to help with a community event or current goal (like the bunches of 3 Romantic Blossoms here).

Now the 2-parter is really just the second part.

I miss that first gem part A LOT! :(

(...& how many times can I say "part" in one post? LOL)

meme1098
02-05-16, 07:57 AM
I didn't even get the offer to play. :( at all :(

Wonkaland99
02-05-16, 10:25 AM
Still IOS only.
Infuriating that it's in the goal book (with a 14 gem reward), and there is a popup reminder every couple of minutes.

On the other hand, Fantasy Forest, which was formerly IOS only, is now on Android. Less than half the gems it used to be, but better than nothing.

ladyperidot
02-05-16, 02:43 PM
I've noticed that it's been repeats of games too. Christmas Frozen, Valentine's frozen, Valentine's clue bingo. I thought they had a bunch of games. I've lost interest in trying repeats of previously tried games, especially since the rewards took a hot.

redpenny
02-05-16, 03:23 PM
I didn't even get the offer to play. :( at all :(

I didn't get it either :(

rulerofjennyville
02-06-16, 07:18 AM
I didn't get it either :(

I got two but don't worry if you didn't. So far all I've gotten off the bingo is a few coins - one gold troll token is all I'm supposed to get at the end - and the frozen game is just three blooms. I don't know what you get for level two but I'm guessing it's one troll token again or some more blooms. Both of which are useless because I will be done with this level and won't need anymore blossoms and I've long ago given up trying to get that kitchen wagon with the troll tokens - I'm not even halfway there.

riverly
02-06-16, 07:30 AM
I got gems from leveling up in v-bingo.

rulerofjennyville
02-06-16, 07:56 AM
I got gems from leveling up in v-bingo.

Did you? How many? I haven't leveled either up yet - I read here that all they were giving were troll tokens.

riverly
02-06-16, 08:15 AM
Did you? How many? I haven't leveled either up yet - I read here that all they were giving were troll tokens.i do not remember exactly. I think it was 15. I just was surprised to get them. At this point it seems to be different for players, but hey it's worth a shot it's slow going because you can just play once a day unless you want to pay to play. I didn't.

rulerofjennyville
02-06-16, 09:04 AM
i do not remember exactly. I think it was 15. I just was surprised to get them. At this point it seems to be different for players, but hey it's worth a shot it's slow going because you can just play once a day unless you want to pay to play. I didn't.

Right now I have three game quests available - one more level in Fantasy Forest, I'm at level six in bingo and level 5 in the frozen hearts one. It would be nice to get enough gems to at least get one of the cupid animals I want so much.

Britilina
02-07-16, 08:31 PM
Oh, my goodness! This is so frustrating. I spent a whole bunch of gems on valentines stuff only to realize that I can't get more from the "download this game" quests!!

You want feedback? Don't "fix" what isn't broken, S8! That was one of the things I did religiously, just because the stuff gems can buy is so neat. Now I'll never get a fish market. :(

ashoxo
02-09-16, 02:04 AM
Does anyone know why the amount of gems dropped? I guess for raising the wealth of s8's economy at the cost of their players' enjoyment....They used to always be 30 gems for install then 15 for leveling up goals. I've noticed this monetary change in other games recently also. I agree with not fixing what isn't broken. Those used to be such a treat/highlight and I too found some great games that way, but now that's being ruined too. I don't think that is fair for those who can't afford to spend real money especially considering how gem-heavy all the items (and even some quests)are rather than costing coins, not just for CS but all the s8 games in general. Someone should take the aspect of players' incentives more seriously when developing their marketing and financial strategies. Really miss the team lava era!

rulerofjennyville
02-09-16, 04:08 AM
Well. they must have read this - I just got a new game challenge. The Valentine's day edition of jewel mania. Two parts, the award for the first part is 7 gems.

jbfps116
02-09-16, 05:57 AM
very concerned that this new 14 gem for download game idea will replace the normal 30 gem reward. That's just so wrong in so many ways!

VanaCatu
02-09-16, 06:07 AM
these offers didn't disappear for me at all, but the way they come now - is almost the same.

first, abt couple of month ago, they lowered the rewards. instead of 30(15) gems/gold for installing(reaching levels) i get now only 14(7).
second, from time to time i'm getting goals for games still not released in my country.

thus, instead of getting min. 120 gems per month like it was earlier, i can hardly get 14 now, as only one game per month i can really download and open.

ladyperidot
02-09-16, 12:06 PM
I got the valentines jewel mania and tried to load it. It said it couldn't connect. Now it's disappeared entirely. I like being able to craft the pink sin aka, like the thanksgiving ones. Come on S8, give us a break

riverly
02-09-16, 08:30 PM
My theory is that if a person has already reached a certain level in these games you either will just get 7 gems for reinstalling or not even be able to reinstall at all. Just my guess. I have installed and deleted several of these games already. I did get 7 gems from the latest offer when I reinstalled it and then goal disappeared from my goal book, so now I'm off to delete the game--again!!! When I teach a level that takes me over a week to get past--I'm done.

riverly
02-09-16, 08:59 PM
So far I am enjoying V-Bingo. I play at most 15 minutes a day. I might reach L-25. Maybe.

plby
02-09-16, 09:45 PM
My theory is that if a person has already reached a certain level in these games you either will just get 7 gems for reinstalling or not even be able to reinstall at all. Just my guess. I have installed and deleted several of these games already. I did get 7 gems from the latest offer when I reinstalled it and then goal disappeared from my goal book, so now I'm off to delete the game--again!!! When I teach a level that takes me over a week to get past--I'm done.

Level have nothing to do with it. My lvl 10 mini got the 7 gems as well. It's just S8 cheapening out. Less return for installing and fewer levels to play for lower rewards, the download goals've been going in that direction for awhile. They still push their games on us just as hard to artficially up their download stats tho...

riverly
02-09-16, 09:59 PM
Yea you are probably right. My theory does have holes in it. Because come to think about it, I have not seen any posts from anyone getting the usual 30 gems. It just that the downloads are the same games over and over again that made me think that had something to do with decreased rewards.

riverly
02-12-16, 06:27 AM
Just got a gold nugget from reinstalling a game. Bakery Story. Then the goal disappeared.

twinkletoes12348
02-12-16, 07:33 AM
Just got a gold nugget from reinstalling a game. Bakery Story. Then the goal disappeared.

Probably because you'd previously reached the second goal level. That happens to me all the time with games I've played previously if I've reached a certain level.

meme1098
02-12-16, 09:20 AM
Probably because you'd previously reached the second goal level. That happens to me all the time with games I've played previously if I've reached a certain level.

Yep, BS2 goal showed up. Went to install it, played it for a bit, came back, no goal. What the hay...lol
I was already at level 16 so I guess that's a bug now. :D

29vanilla
02-12-16, 10:39 AM
So I received 3 game goals on CS and 4 on BS. I have 2 accts. And no I don't play BS on both accts only CS. Lol. I downloaded the games from my main (1st) account in CS. Went to acct 2 and all the game goal downloads disappeared. Sometimes they'll reappear after a few weeks, sometimes NOT! I've also noticed fewer gem rewards. And the bunch of flowers goal popped up AFTER I didn't need those anymore.

Also noticed that the timing of the game downloads for "purchase a table or chair gem reward" is expedited during BS monthly goals. Meaning, used to be able to buy the required table during the goal portion and get the gem reward. Now I'm having to buy a table get the gem reward; Then have to buy tables for the goal. I guess you'd say, I'm tabled out. Lol.

Really disappointed in the lower gem rewards on CS!

Anaboe
02-12-16, 01:30 PM
The first few weeks I only got advertisements, no goal. So, I tried installing one of those advertised games, and it gave me nothing, but another advertisement for a different game.

So, I ignored that one, and after a week or so, I did get a goal to install a game. I installed it, and (with the next goal) got 3 brunches of flowers, which are totally useless to me, for I already finished that quest.

I think it's very dumb to reward you with something totally useless.

roguebee
02-12-16, 04:07 PM
One gold nugget wasn't too bad for this week's game download.

aiyoosha
02-12-16, 06:39 PM
One gold nugget wasn't too bad for this week's game download.

Id rather have gotten gems something I can use.

roguebee
02-12-16, 09:26 PM
Well, yeah, I think many people would agree, except maybe those players desperately hunting for gold nuggets for Stargazer's Ridge. It beats the tree given in DS.

zaccy678
02-12-16, 10:46 PM
It beats the tree given in DS.

They're both pretty lame imo ;););)

jdgrozda
02-12-16, 11:10 PM
I know I complain constantly about the lack of nuggets lol, but one nugget opposed to the usual 30 gems? come on!

calilive213
02-15-16, 04:23 PM
I haven't downloaded any new games since they lowered the gem reward. I need the space on my iPad, so not really worth it to load it up with games I force myself to play for minimal rewards.

When it was double the gems, I would download (and play, and sometimes get addicted to) the new games. It's kinda freeing not worrying about the new games & leveling up in them. *shrug*

aiyoosha
02-18-16, 12:52 PM
I know I complain constantly about the lack of nuggets lol, but one nugget opposed to the usual 30 gems? come on!

ikr i highly doubt one gold nugget is worth 30 semi precious gem stones!

twinkletoes12348
03-11-16, 06:03 AM
And for installing Hungry Babies Mania Wildlife Adventure: 50 leprechaun coins. Make of that what you will. :)

Sandybellee
03-11-16, 06:27 AM
And for installing Hungry Babies Mania Wildlife Adventure: 50 leprechaun coins. Make of that what you will. :)

I got that too and then a follow-up goal that gave 7 gems! :)

twinkletoes12348
03-11-16, 08:34 AM
I got that too and then a follow-up goal that gave 7 gems! :)

I didn't get that because I passed the level a while back. *Shakes fist at the sky* :D

Niire
03-11-16, 08:41 AM
I never get the follow up quests for some reason. :(

ladyperidot
03-11-16, 10:21 AM
I didn't get that because I passed the level a while back. *Shakes fist at the sky* :D

I got the follow up. It wants me to get to level 61! I'm not a hungry babies fan so I'll just ignore it

coolssp
03-12-16, 02:42 AM
I miss the offers as well... Like others have already said, loved the gems and ended up loving some of the games as well... I really wish S8 will reintroduce this soon.

PrincessCupOButter
03-18-16, 08:00 PM
So I just got this

I didn't think to screen shot the first pop up but it was the usual barons "let's get started" pop-up. Confusing because there was no game to download, so I thought it would probably be leprechaun coins or something else related to the current community event......but I got the seven gems for visiting a library. Nice surprise!

eta: I have no current quests in my quest book, so I have no clue what it could be related to. The refusal to gather firewood is curious.

EBJW
03-19-16, 05:09 AM
So I just got this

I didn't think to screen shot the first pop up but it was the usual barons "let's get started" pop-up. Confusing because there was no game to download, so I thought it would probably be leprechaun coins or something else related to the current community event......but I got the seven gems for visiting a library. Nice surprise!

eta: I have no current quests in my quest book, so I have no clue what it could be related to. The refusal to gather firewood is curious.

My guess is that it concerns a game you have already downloaded and played....?!
I've had that a few times myself.

roguebee
03-19-16, 06:50 AM
I had a similar experience last night, except mine was for Restaurant Story. I accepted the 7 gems and moved on.

arikasi
03-20-16, 04:12 PM
I stopped being offered those goals years ago :( now I only get the icon in the bottom left corner tgat hangs around for weeks being obnoxious or until you downliad tge game (currently hungry babies)