PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 1/21 Update - Monster Hunt S4 & Princess Lorelei's Fountain EXPIRED

Pages : [1] 2

sourp4tch
01-21-16, 12:53 PM
Seasons come and go, filled with new adventures. Another approaches, and with it a beauty like no other! Pristine and glistening, its lovely sheen is truly a sight to behold! Placed in a high spot, all the kingdom can share in its glory. Her likeness shall suspend it, displaying her care and love for so precious a treasure! If you can prove yourself, perhaps this tribute can be yours? Return to the Trader Trolls with proof of your battle prowess! Eager citizens await the grand reveal of your prize... !

[==This season requires Level 22+, and is live from 1/21 @ 12pm to 2/1 @ 4:00pm.==]

I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: SAPPHIRE

sourp4tch
01-21-16, 12:53 PM
PART A - Princess Lorelei's Fountain
prepared by SpiritWind.
Main storyline.
This is part of a quest chain that unlocks at level 22. That quest is not time limited! It's here to stay, so no worries if you're not level 22 yet or don't finish it before the season is over.

Q: Where do I get the Sapphire's from?
A: The sapphires were a reward from a previous iOS only goal. The only way to get the sapphires now is to make them from gold coins in the trade wagon. The fountain takes 2 sapphires which need 10 gold coins each.

Update on Lorelei's Fountain: the fountain will ONLY drop tokens during the monster hunt events. After the event is over it will not drop tokens.
Fountain Drops during a Monster Hunt: gold troll token (for cooking camp), water, mermaid scales, fish
Fountain Drops between events: water, mermaid scales, fish

Goals
1. Have 2 sapphires (this goal auto completed for most of us, so I need more info if anyone can post)
2. A Mermaid's Gift - Get Princess Lorelei's Fountain from the Trade Wagon
Reward: 270 coin, 2 xp, 3 gold tokens
Note: see pictures below for details.

PART B - Monster Hunt Event Season 4 (January 2015)
timed event

Goals for Season 4
Part 1: Tokens For My Liege! - collect 30 tokens, complete any Token trade. Reward: 1400 coin, 5xp, 1 pile of tokens.
Part 2: Baron, The Slayer - defeat any 10 monsters. Reward: 1400 coin, 5xp, 1 pile of tokens.
Part 3: Inglorious Baron - defeat any 25 monsters. Reward: 2400 coin, 7xp, 1 Season 4 slayer statue.

Tips and Tricks:
* Get rid of any monsters on your board. You can tell if you have one you can't see because of the music.
* DON'T tap the troll pit!!!! Regular trolls don't drop tokens. Neither do pink skunkupines, pink alicorn, wedding alicorn, Gem horses.
* Monsters also drop their normal items in addition to the tokens
* Do the Bronze Hunter Trade if you are nearly maxed on Shield tokens so that they don't go to waste
* A Level 5 Jousting Arena will spawn a monster on every collection.
Link to Jousting Arena Renovations thread: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83751-Castle-Story-08-06-Update-Jousting-Arena-Renovations-(levels-4-amp-5) (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83751-Castle-Story-08-06-Update-Jousting-Arena-Renovations-%28levels-4-amp-5%29)
* if you get the cooking camp, gold tokens will still drop
checking on whether gold tokens will drop from fountain after event concludes. SW 27 Jan.

Link to Information Nugget on Beasts (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78732-Nugget-5-Beasts) extract:
Skunkupine - Flowers, Corn, Wheat, Sugar, Tomato, Fellora Plant, Pepe, some Trees, Plants, Skunkupine Trap (5 gems)
Fangbeast - Animals, Hot Pepper, Carrot, Trees, some Buildings, Fangbeast Trap (5 gems)
Dire Boar - Cabbage, Cocoa, Strawberry, Glimmer Bulbs, Buildings, Goddess Tree, Multi Flowered Hedge, Mushrooms, Pond, Well, Dire Boar Trap (5 gems), Rock Outcropping

The Trade Wagon
1. Lucky Token Trade 3 seconds: 10 Shield Tokens, 10 Sword Tokens, 10 Staff Tokens
2. Bronze Hunter Trade 3 seconds: 50 Shield Tokens
3. Silver Hunter Trade 3 seconds: 50 Shield Tokens, 25 Sword Tokens
4. Gold Hunter Trade 3 seconds: 50 Shield Tokens, 25 Sword Tokens, 25 Staff Tokens

The Tokens! - You can have a max of 120 of each of these in inventory
Shield Token - awarded upon defeating skunkupines, fangbeasts, dire boars and glimmer golems
Sword Tokens - awarded upon defeating fangbeasts, dire boars and glimmer golems
Staff Tokens - awarded upon defeating dire boars, blue dire boars and glimmer golems
Gold Tokens - ONLY come from crafting the Sovereign Hunter Trade

Information on Statues - 22 hour collection time.
this season you cannot craft the statues or extra statues.
Skunkupine - 10 gold coins
Fangbeast - 25 gold coins
Dire boar - 50 gold coins.
Note: if they don't have the timer on them, put them in inventory and place them again.

Drops from Statues
Skunkupine Statue: shield tokens (around 5 per collection)
Fangbeast Statue: sword tokens (around 2 per collection)
Dire boar Statue: staff tokens (around 1 per collection)

The Daily Hunt - iOS players - each day you will have the chance to battle a monster to get Tokens. There are 3 types of Daily Hunts:
1. Novice Challenge - defeat 5 skunkupines or fangbeasts [10 energy crate]
2. Adept Challenge - collect from a Dead Tree to trigger a blue dire boar (30 hits) [10 energy crate]
3. Sovereign Challenge - collect from a Coin Brown Horse to trigger a purple golem (90 hits) [25 energy crate]
Reward for each hunt is an energy crate - it goes to your inventory so you can chop it anytime you want!
Note: you get multi hits on each sword hit, so a 30 hit monster might only take 20 energy.

The Hunt Challenge - android players - you get 1 set of goals for the entire event which are:
1. Hunt Challenge Sovereign: Defeat 11 Purple Glimmer Golems - collect from any coin horse
2. Hunt Challenge Adept: Defeat 11 Blue Dire Boars - collect from a Dead Tree
3. Hunt Challenge Novice: Fight 55 Skunkupines and Fangbeasts
Energy crates rewards are also given for android players.

OVERALL GOAL REWARD IS THE COOKING CAMP
99 Troll Tokens: Receive One Troll Token upon completion of Sovereign Hunter Trade

The Cooking Camp - what can you cook?
Costs $3000 to place
Flour, sugar, simple feast, breaded fish, noodles, pasta, stew, hearty feast, Ivy's hot sauce, spicy feast, cake, fish sandwiches, sundae, sweet feast, Mercury feast, chocolate, ice cream, butterfish, catfish soup.

REPORTED DROPS from the Trades in the Wagon
Refer to Season 3 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86148-Castle-Story-11-05-15-Update-Monster-Hunt-Season-3-EXPIRED&p=1201246&viewfull=1#post1201246) (previous event) for what you might get with each of the Token Trades
1. Lucky Token Exchange
2. Bronze Hunter Trade
3. Silver Hunter Trade
4. Gold Hunter Trade

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701074.png_2v_31020.png
Princess Lorelei's Fountain
Info: A pond built so all may marvel at the beauty of the mermaid Princess Lorelei's Sapphire.
Type: Resource
Source: Monster Hunt Event
Crafted in: Trade Wagon (1 Hour)
Size: 2x2
Requirements: 2 Princess Lorelei's Sapphire
Drops: Coins, Water, Mermaid Scale, Troll Tokens
Events: Monster Hunt
Timer: 300 minutes // 5 hours
Speed up: 20 gems
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88366

In anticipation of the final prize :p

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701086.png_2v_31020.png
Season 4 Slayer Statue
Info: A gift from the Trade Trolls, in honor of your superior displays of battle prowess! Awarded from completing the Season 4 Monster Hunt.
Type: Decoration
Source: Event
Size: 1x1

meme1098
01-21-16, 01:26 PM
If we only had a mountain to display the fountain...:confused:

AnniePMH
01-21-16, 01:37 PM
I tested that fountain and it tried to drop mermie scales and water. Also got 1 exp and some coins...

DrP4ever
01-21-16, 01:42 PM
I can't place my fountain. I can only store it or rotate it but can not place it. Ideas? I have signed out, closed up, refreshed and still unable to place.

kimberly0822
01-21-16, 01:44 PM
Having the same problem..rushed to complete so I could drop it in storage...

dinojuju
01-21-16, 01:44 PM
I can't place my fountain. I can only store it or rotate it but can not place it. Ideas? I have signed out, closed up, refreshed and still unable to place.

Me too!

dinojuju
01-21-16, 01:47 PM
Me too!

Closed again and stored, closed again and placed from my inventory.

plby
01-21-16, 01:51 PM
I tested that fountain and it tried to drop mermie scales and water. Also got 1 exp and some coins...

so so the fountain is both useless and ugly, and the rest of the update is more coin collecting for the cooking camp I long ago stopped caring if I ever get. Adding som sappy dialog about the ruler doesn't make this main storyline. Guess I'll keep my sapphires and the trade wagon will go straight back in storage.

DrP4ever
01-21-16, 01:55 PM
I still can't place my fountain. I have closed it, visited neighbors, deleted and re-installed and still can't place it. Was able to put it in my inventory but can't place. Help please.

Sandybellee
01-21-16, 01:56 PM
Just started crafting the fountain. How much space does it take on the board?

sourp4tch
01-21-16, 01:57 PM
Hey everyone!

Can anyone who's experiencing an issue placing their fountain please submit a ticket to support@storm8.com ? This will help me look into potential issues, so we can get things fixed swiftly.

Thanks!

Happy Hunting :)

vaso1908
01-21-16, 01:57 PM
I think that the fountain is supposed to be a 3x3 building while it appears to be 2x2. It only allowed me to place it in a larger space and not a 2x2 space. Could anyone check that?

AnniePMH
01-21-16, 02:03 PM

so so the fountain is both useless and ugly, and the rest of the update is more coin collecting for the cooking camp I long ago stopped caring if I ever get. Adding som sappy dialog about the ruler doesn't make this main storyline. Guess I'll keep my sapphires and the trade wagon will go straight back in storage.

There seems to be a possibility that it can drop troll tokens, from the text...

Edit: Or maybe it's only the goal reward...?:confused:

DrP4ever
01-21-16, 02:06 PM
I think that the fountain is supposed to be a 3x3 building while it appears to be 2x2. It only allowed me to place it in a larger space and not a 2x2 space. Could anyone check that?
I just cleared some space like you mentioned and it worked. So although it is only a 2x2 if you try to put it on a 2x2 space it won't work. If you clear room for 3x3 it worked. Thanks for the help!

edit: to further test the theory I tried to move things back and it wouldn't let me, giving the red unable to place.

tigarlilyvol
01-21-16, 02:08 PM

Was only able to place on 3x3 space also. When placed it filled up all of 3x3 space.

sourp4tch
01-21-16, 02:11 PM
Was only able to place on 3x3 space also. When placed it filled up all of 3x3 space.

Hey guys!

We're testing on our accounts and this is working for us as well. This can be a temporary solution - in the meantime, we're working on correcting the footprint for the deco.

Sorry about that! I'll update again when the fix gets pushed :)

jmterao
01-21-16, 02:16 PM
Hey guys!

We're testing on our accounts and this is working for us as well. This can be a temporary solution - in the meantime, we're working on correcting the footprint for the deco.

So we can no longer do the trade for gold coins? I rather have the cooking camp than another fountain.

vaso1908
01-21-16, 02:17 PM
Hey guys!

Thank you for the confirmation. It would be great if you could make it a 2x2 though...

AnniePMH
01-21-16, 02:17 PM
Season 4 Slayer Statue of the Baron

jaymieb2
01-21-16, 02:18 PM
Okay, a little help, please. Where does Princess Lorelei's Fountain come from?

I have collected 30+ tokens, made a trade, read that you need to craft it, but don't know from where.

Loving the Blue Boars! Thank you S8! Very helpful! Now I just need to figure out where the fountain comes from!

Edit - Have been to my workshops, kitchens, potion shop, greenhouse, magic forge, as well as a host of other places. Still have no clue where the fountain comes from!

JaymieB2 on Android - level 49

ShibuyaCloth
01-21-16, 02:21 PM
I could place the fountain. The foot print shows 2x2 but on the board you can only place it in a 3x3 square.

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701074.png_2v_31020.png
Princess Lorelei's Fountain
Info: A pond built so all may marvel at the beauty of the mermaid Princess Lorelei's Sapphire.
Crafted in: Trade Wagon
Requirements: 2 Princess Lorelei's Sapphire
Drops: Coins, Water, Mermaid Scale, Troll Token
Timer: 300 minutes // 5 hours

In anticipation of the final price :p

Season 4 Slayer Statue
Info: A gift from the Trade Trolls, in honor of your superior displays of battle prowess! Awarded from completing the Season 4 Monster Hunt.

To be taken with a grain of salt!

sourp4tch
01-21-16, 02:23 PM
Some points of clarification:

-Princess Lorelei's Fountain is 2x2, and has a chance to drop some things :)
--This is part of a quest chain that unlocks at level 22. That quest is not time limited! It's here to stay, so no worries if you're not level 22 yet or don't finish it before the season is over.

-The Princess Lorelei's Fountain content pack should not affect any of the standard Monster Hunt trades. If you experience any issues with those trades, please let us know by submitting a ticket to support@storm8.com so we can look into it.

Happy Hunting! :)

maz3girl
01-21-16, 02:29 PM

Good, so I don't need to waste gold coins to make this then?

AnniePMH
01-21-16, 02:31 PM
Okay, a little help, please. Where does Princess Lorelei's Fountain come from?

I have collected 30+ tokens, made a trade, read that you need to craft it, but don't know from where.

Loving the Blue Boars! Thank you S8! Very helpful! Now I just need to figure out where the fountain comes from!

JaymieB2 on Android

The goal auto completed for me, so I'm not 100% sure how this happened, but you have got to have 2 Lorelei Sapphires from an earlier quest...

carebear8724
01-21-16, 02:33 PM
Hey sourp4tch, just wanted to let you know about a small glitch. I've tried to place the fountain and it does not allow you place it. Seems like other people are having the same issue. If it helps I had to store it first until I could make room in my kingdom.

jaymieb2
01-21-16, 02:36 PM
The goal auto completed for me, so I'm not 100% sure how this happened, but you have got to have 2 Lorelei Sapphires from an earlier quest...

Thank you! Now i can stop searching! Lol! Um... which quest gives princess lorelei sapphires? Am Android, level 49.

Thanks again!
JaymieB2 :-)

sourp4tch
01-21-16, 02:39 PM
Alright everyone, the footprint issue should now be fixed! Princess Lorelei's Fountain should now fit nicely within a 2x2 area :)

EDIT: You may need to force close and re-open for this change to take effect.

Thank you for your patience while we corrected this! Hope you all enjoy the rest of the Monster Hunt :)

AnniePMH
01-21-16, 02:39 PM
On the fourth speed up of the fountain I got 1 gold token:)

meme1098
01-21-16, 02:54 PM
On the fourth speed up of the fountain I got 1 gold token:)

Oh, nice!

Thank you! Now i can stop searching! Lol! Um... which quest gives princess lorelei sapphires? Am Android, level 49.

Thanks again!

I think it was from a storybook goal a few months back.

Destiel0918
01-21-16, 02:56 PM
I think only those of us who completed the event few months ago (where main price was Shappire will get this.)

plby
01-21-16, 02:56 PM

Thanks again!

The sapphires are from some iOS only event. Checked on my second game that doesn't have them, and it seems the only way to get the sapphires now is to make them from gold tokens in the trade wagon. The fountain takes 2 sapphires which need 10 gold tokens each.

ShibuyaCloth
01-21-16, 03:13 PM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50500.png_2v_31020.png
Princess Lorelei's Sapphire
Info: This sapphire sure is pretty. It's a no brainer someone stole it. This legendary jewel is based after the real Princess Lorelei of the sea. I wounder if she is real or just a...
Type: Material
Requirements: 10 Troll Token
Used for: Princess Lorelei's Fountain
Events: Thankful Mystery Dinner
Timer: 60 minutes // 1 hour
Cap: 10
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86590

carebear8724
01-21-16, 03:13 PM
Alright everyone, the footprint issue should now be fixed! Princess Lorelei's Fountain should now fit nicely within a 2x2 area :)

EDIT: You may need to force close and re-open for this change to take effect.

Thank you for your patience while we corrected this! Hope you all enjoy the rest of the Monster Hunt :)

Thanks sourp4tch!

Sandybellee
01-21-16, 03:21 PM
Placed the fountain and did a couple of trades. Now I'm 1/3 of the way towards earning the cooking camp! :)

plby
01-21-16, 03:34 PM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50500.png_2v_31020.png
Princess Lorelei's Sapphire
Info: This sapphire sure is pretty. It's a no brainer someone stole it. This legendary jewel is based after the real Princess Lorelei of the sea. I wounder if she is real or just a...
Requirements: 10 Troll Token
Used for: Princess Lorelei's Fountain
Events: Thankful Mystery Dinner
Cap: 10
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86590

Does someone known the crafting time?

ShibuyaCloth
01-21-16, 03:46 PM

Thanks! I would love to have the chance to craft one! I lost my 2 Sapphires :(

amberly321
01-21-16, 04:02 PM
Can someone please post how to trigger the daily hunt challenges? I thought the glimmerdust trove was one but have collected from 2 of mine with no luck. Thanks!

rulerofjennyville
01-21-16, 04:05 PM
This is it? This is the prize for that gem we had to jump through all those hops for back in November? The table was better. This had better drop gold troll tokens for that kitchen.

twinkletoes12348
01-21-16, 04:19 PM
Can someone please post how to trigger the daily hunt challenges? I thought the glimmerdust trove was one but have collected from 2 of mine with no luck. Thanks!

For the boar collect from a dead tree. For the troll collect from a horse (Sir Daisy works just fine).

zyfazix
01-21-16, 04:36 PM
My kingdom is still flooded with boars because I haven't placed the swamp yet, this hunt shouldn't be too challenging :D
But I swear I will place that swamp right after this hunt ends because there are only so many boars I can deal with

gimli0413
01-21-16, 04:37 PM
Hi! My trade wagon doesn't have the option for gold coins. I have hundreds of each token. Is this a glitch? I made my fountain and placed it, no problem.
I have Lucky, Silver and Gold trade options. No Soverign.
Thanks for any help.

Stymie52
01-21-16, 05:06 PM
I am collecting tokens, but where is the trade wagon?

twinkletoes12348
01-21-16, 05:10 PM
Hi! My trade wagon doesn't have the option for gold coins. I have hundreds of each token. Is this a glitch? I made my fountain and placed it, no problem.
I have Lucky, Silver and Gold trade options. No Soverign.
Thanks for any help.

Gold trade is the new Sovereign, as of the previous season of the monster hunt.

MsMelanieMonster
01-21-16, 05:16 PM
Four Seasons in and a solution for shield tokens to Android players is finally found!
Hunt Challenge Sovereign: Defeat 11 Purple Glimmer Golems (Collect from Sir Daisy! Horses?) (90 hits= 90 shield tokens :) !)
Hunt Challenge Adept: Defeat 11 Blue Dire Boars (Dead Trees!)
Hunt Challenge Novice: Fight 55 Skunkupines and Fangbeasts

Also, don't forget to bring the Season 1 statues out if you have them.

P.S. - Thank you twinkletoes! I thought the daily trade mentioned was the IOS thing from before.

EsmeW2
01-21-16, 05:28 PM
Four Seasons in and a solution for shield tokens to Android players is finally found!
Hunt Challenge Sovereign: Defeat 11 Purple Glimmer Golems (Collect from Sir Daisy! Horses?) (90 hits)

P.S. - Thank you twinkletoes! I thought the daily trade mentioned was the IOS thing from before.

Thanks for the reminder about the earlier season statues, I'd forgotten they were a source of tokens. I'll run off and set them out now.

And wow, a season that's going to work for us Android users. How wonderful. I don't care if the fountain is a bit ugly, I do love my water features and at least this one isn't just deco. :)

gimli0413
01-21-16, 07:16 PM
Gold trade is the new Sovereign, as of the previous season of the monster hunt.

I played last hunt, and it was Soverign then. The information tab for cooking camp says the gold tokens come from Soverign. My God trade shows an assortment of tokens, no gold. This is my 4th hunt, I haven't missed any.

Trying to find where they said it changed. But thanks for reply.

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-21-16, 07:31 PM
I am collecting tokens, but where is the trade wagon?
If this is your first monster hunt, check the market, under Buildings. ... If not, check your inventory (also under Buildings). Hope you find it. :)

I played last hunt, and it was Soverign then. The information tab for cooking camp says the gold tokens come from Soverign. My God trade shows an assortment of tokens, no gold. This is my 4th hunt, I haven't missed any.

Yep, the trades changed names during the last hunt.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86148-Castle-Story-11-05-15-Update-Monster-Hunt-Season-3-EXPIRED

Dangit, I was really hoping to see the cabbage hut (which is still a mysterious grayed-out goal in the market) in the Trade Wagon as an option to get with golden Troll Tokens during this monster hunt... Oh well, maybe next time?

PS. ...lol, yes, Lorrainne & Nat ~ *another* stagnant fountain for the collection! :rolleyes: lol
I wish it hadn't required BOTH Lorelei sapphires to craft, tho (y'know, seeing as how the statues are holding up ONE & all, lol)

twinkletoes12348
01-21-16, 07:39 PM

No, it became Gold during Season 3. Last season. Here:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86148-Castle-Story-11-05-15-Update-Monster-Hunt-Season-3-EXPIRED

seishy
01-21-16, 07:49 PM
my question is, is the fountain worth the cost? That's a lot of gold coins to drop that will set back a lot on getting the cooking camp.

arikasi
01-21-16, 08:23 PM
I guess it will depend if it drops coins outside of the season.

roguebee
01-21-16, 08:58 PM
my question is, is the fountain worth the cost? That's a lot of gold coins to drop that will set back a lot on getting the cooking camp.

If you need another source of water and mermaid scales (at least that is what mine has dropped so far).

Alexis19891102
01-21-16, 09:02 PM
hello guys, anybody knows that during what period this fountain will drop the golden troll token? In each monster hunt season or anytime even the seasons finish????? Thank you very much!:p

daddyoooz
01-21-16, 09:19 PM
Android player HAPPY. Ive gotten more gold tokens in the 1st 8 hrs of this event than all 3 prior seasons of this monster hunt combined. (Never knew how easy Ios players had it. Jeesh.)

QueenEverly
01-21-16, 09:32 PM
I've spent over 120 energy in the last few hours and not spawned a single monster. It's incredibly frustrating! I even looked around my kingdom to check to see if I left one out somehow that would prevent more from spawning but no, my kingdom is monster-free. Argh!

SpiritWind00
01-21-16, 09:34 PM
Hunt Challenge Sovereign: Defeat 11 Purple Glimmer Golems (Collect from Sir Daisy! Horses?) (90 hits= 90 shield tokens :) !)

Can someone who has an android help me write the first post please. Is what's above the same for everyone on android? Is there anything else? What a fantastic surprise for android players! This is the equivalent for iOS which is awesome.

There is a question of whether giving up the sapphires for the fountain is worth it... Given the fountain is a main storyline item and will continue to drop gold tokens on occasion, I'd say yes it's worth the tokens.

I'll update the first page shortly with more info. :) SW.

tan5314
01-21-16, 09:52 PM
Is what's above the same for everyone on android? Is there anything else? What a fantastic surprise for android players!

It's the same for me.
Nothing else.
Really fantastic! The game became much more fun now!

SpiritWind00
01-21-16, 10:02 PM
Agree! I also need to know whether the trades for the ability to craft the statues are still there for those that do not have them already. They are not available as an extra craft in the trade wagon now, so just want to confirm if that's still an option.

The ability to craft any other sapphires is not in the Trade Wagon once you have 2.

SpiritWind00
01-21-16, 10:23 PM
I've spent over 120 energy in the last few hours and not spawned a single monster. It's incredibly frustrating! I even looked around my kingdom to check to see if I left one out somehow that would prevent more from spawning but no, my kingdom is monster-free. Argh!

put your music on to see if there is a monster lurking somewhere unseen. Otherwise, I've finished updating post 2 with all known info and it has places to collect from for each of the beasties. I find if I use the 'quick collection method' I have better luck at getting beasties to spawn. QCM is in this post at point 7 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1164564&viewfull=1#post1164564). They'll turn up.... :)

alexsjusa
01-21-16, 11:36 PM
My kingdom is still flooded with boars because I haven't placed the swamp yet, this hunt shouldn't be too challenging :D
But I swear I will place that swamp right after this hunt ends because there are only so many boars I can deal with

What swamp are you talking about? Is that a joke?

anne202b
01-22-16, 12:24 AM
No beasts or skunkupines, etc., after using tons of energy. Then.....Strangest thing ever...

After using the quick collection, a fangbeast finally popped up but instantly disappeared! Anyone else have this happen?

twospoons
01-22-16, 01:56 AM
Not to be ungrateful, because as a Droid player I'm glad to finally be getting somewhere with these monster hunts, but I really wish they hadn't asked us to give up these hard-won tokens to get sapphires that ios players could get through other means. Way to give with one hand & take away with the other!

zyfazix
01-22-16, 02:05 AM
What swamp are you talking about? Is that a joke?

It's the swampy pond from the troll questline. After the last Monster Hunt one of the mods suggested I don't place it to keep the boars coming to me

Sandybellee
01-22-16, 02:32 AM
Agree! I also need to know whether the trades for the ability to craft the statues are still there for those that do not have them already. They are not available as an extra craft in the trade wagon now, so just want to confirm if that's still an option.

The ability to craft any other sapphires is not in the Trade Wagon once you have 2.

I don't have any of the statues and the ability to craft them is gone.

Sandybellee
01-22-16, 02:33 AM
Well, first collection from the fountain... water! :p

BuddyB111
01-22-16, 04:39 AM
I don't understand why players are saying Android players now have the equivalent of the Daily Trade. As far as I can see, Android players can get a maximum of 15 energy crates as a reward for the whole season. iOS players can get 10-20 crates per day from the Daily Trade. What am I missing?

danzplace
01-22-16, 04:55 AM
My fountain is giving water and gold fish. Off to max out my breaded fish.

Sandybellee
01-22-16, 04:55 AM
I don't understand why players are saying Android players now have the equivalent of the Daily Trade. As far as I can see, Android players can get a maximum of 15 energy crates as a reward for the whole season. iOS players can get 10-20 crates per day from the Daily Trade. What am I missing?

IOS players can get 3 energy crates per day - one from each daily trade.

SpiritWind00
01-22-16, 05:14 AM
I've amended the second post about my writing on android challenges. I just meant by equivalent that we have the same potential number of beasties to fight over the course of the event, but as pointed out, android do not get the energy crates. sorry about my writing not being as plain as it should be..... I know you all forgive me! :)

PS: I'm away travelling home most of tomorrow, but I'll check in when I can. If there are any updates to post 2 I will do them as soon as I can.

ToshiNoMiya
01-22-16, 05:57 AM

It's the same for me, plus, the Daily tasks aren't even showing up in the Kingdom goals. (I am playing on iPhone 6s, with iOS 9.2.1 installed, just in case that information helps.) I've also tried force-closing the game and restarting, but that didn't help either.

Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling?

ladyperidot
01-22-16, 06:00 AM
My fountain is giving water and gold fish. Off to max out my breaded fish.

Hang in there, my third collection yielded a gold troll coin. Only 42 more to go

mojcar
01-22-16, 06:47 AM
Hi, first poster, long time reader,(thanks for the millions of tips :)) hopefully I don't make any mistakes.
Android players do get energy crates as rewards to finish the task, for example I finished the blue boar one and I got some energy crates as a reward. But after I um slaughtered all those 10blue boars, the dead trees will no longer spawn the beasties, sniff.
But, yeah, I played all the hunt seasons on Android and got eleven Gold coins altogether before. Now I got more than that in one day, but I did use some energy crates saved up from who knows when. :)
Edit :I looked it up, it was 5 +10energy crates

plby
01-22-16, 07:41 AM
There is a question of whether giving up the sapphires for the fountain is worth it... Given the fountain is a main storyline item and will continue to drop gold tokens on occasion, I'd say yes it's worth the tokens.

How is is this main storyline? The text clearly connects it to the trader trolls, and the dialog introducing the goal equally clearly connects it to an expired, limited time, goal. Seems the term "main storyline" is used loosely these days :(

calilive213
01-22-16, 09:04 AM
All my previous Troll Tokens disappeared on my android game, anyone else have this???!

I do like how the android version has the sovereign, novice and adept hunt challenges now, and I really like that we can battle the monsters anytime at our own pace. For example, given 11 days and I can battle the blue dire boar anytime I hit the dead tree.

But what's up with my disappearing troll tokens, geez, I only had like 9, smh!!?

coolssp
01-22-16, 09:06 AM
Hey I got a gold coin from the Princess pond :) yahoo

ShibuyaCloth
01-22-16, 09:19 AM
I do like how the android version has the sovereign, novice and adept hunt challenges now, and I really like that we can battle the monsters anytime at our own pace. For example, given 11 days and I can battle the blue dire boar anytime I hit the dead tree.

Every day you can battle a blue dire boar, the counter reset after 24 hours, so better do the fight each day to have the tokens.

azriX2012
01-22-16, 09:57 AM
Thank you S8 for the beautiful and useful fountain! Already got one troll coin yayy :o

AnniePMH
01-22-16, 10:02 AM
I got my second gold coin from the fountain just now. That makes 2 gold coins in 7 collections:)

jimboser
01-22-16, 10:32 AM
Now if only we could start gifting tokens again to neighbors, that would be nice.

ToshiNoMiya
01-22-16, 11:04 AM
I checked my horses again, but no monster appearing - well, the quests aren't showing up at all. It's really very disappointing, especially since this is my first go.

Playing on iPhone 6s with iOS 9.2.1.

Ernestine29
01-22-16, 11:06 AM
I am an Android level 50 and confused...
While being glad that I can finally participate in the hunting events better thanks to Blue Boars and Glimmer Golems for Android (got 8 coins in a day using them up - that's what I got in nearly two full seasons before...) - this Fountain business is weird.
The event where one could earn these Sapphires was IOS only. For Android, the dialogue did not make any sense now. Having to give away nearly all our gold coins for getting the Sapphires just because being on Android is, well, unfair. (Especially as we are JUST starting to catch up on goldcoins, which have been much harder work for us!)
And without clear information - is this main story line, will I need the fountain in the future, will Androids get the event at one point eventually, will the fountain drop gold coins after the hunt season as well - it is impossible to make such a big decision. Please give us Android specific information, please.

Wonkaland99
01-22-16, 11:16 AM
Every day you can battle a blue dire boar, the counter reset after 24 hours, so better do the fight each day to have the tokens.

I got a blue boar with every dead tree chop till I reached 11, then they stopped,
I'm wondering if I will get anything tomorrow.
At least it's a step in the right direction for Android users.

plby
01-22-16, 11:36 AM

I got a blue boar with every dead tree chop till I reached 11, then they stopped,

iOS get goals to fight one blue boar, one purple golem and five skunkupines/fangbeasts a day for 11 days.
Android get a one time goals to fight 11 blue boars, 11 purple golems and 55 skunks/fangbeasts.

sunnygirl634
01-22-16, 12:25 PM
I checked my horses again, but no monster appearing - well, the quests aren't showing up at all. It's really very disappointing, especially since this is my first go.

What level are you on? This season is only available to players at Level 22 and higher. If you are at that level, then I'd contact S8 support.

ClaresKingdom
01-22-16, 12:38 PM
Gold coins are received from Sovereign hunter trade - this has disappeared from options so I can't make cold coins!!! :confused:

Jinc4
01-22-16, 12:48 PM

I'm an android player and yes, no more blue boar for me now I have completed that task. I guess once I complete the 11 Glimmer Golems, they will stop too. At least I will be able to get the Fountain....but I expect the cooking camp remains out of reach for android players?

I also have found that only ordinary horses trigger the Golem, Sir Daisy does not oblige.

Jinc4
01-22-16, 12:54 PM
Help please - I have been sitting with the 'get ready to duel' task in my book for ages - there have always been more important things to spend 400,000 coins on than something I wasn't sure would be of use...but now we are a monster hunt, will it be of benefit? I am an android player; I have looked through the forum but can't find anything that confirms that the level 5 jousting arena will spawn monsters for an android player.

(btw I hope it does - the completer / finisher in me just wants to get shot of that task!)

BuddyB111
01-22-16, 12:55 PM
I've amended the second post about my writing on android challenges. I just meant by equivalent that we have the same potential number of beasties to fight over the course of the event, but as pointed out, android do not get the energy crates. sorry about my writing not being as plain as it should be..... I know you all forgive me! :)

PS: I'm away travelling home most of tomorrow, but I'll check in when I can. If there are any updates to post 2 I will do them as soon as I can.

SW Android players do get crates, I'm just trying to work out the maths to decide if it's worth playing those bits of the hunt. ;)

IOS players can get 3 energy crates per day - one from each daily trade.

How much energy is in each crate? The challenge shows a picture of a crate and then +5, but I don't know what that means (we don't usually get crates). Any help would be appreciated. :)

Jinc4
01-22-16, 12:58 PM
SW Android players do get crates, I'm just trying to work out the maths to decide if it's worth playing those bits of the hunt. ;)

How much energy is in each crate? The challenge shows a picture of a crate and then +5, but I don't know what that means (we don't usually get crates). Any help would be appreciated. :)

I got 10 energy in each of the 5 crates

twinkletoes12348
01-22-16, 01:12 PM
Gold coins are received from Sovereign hunter trade - this has disappeared from options so I can't make cold coins!!! :confused:

Sovereign Hunter Trade is now Gold Hunter Trade.

(It changed at the start of Season 3.)

PrincessCupOButter
01-22-16, 01:20 PM

Di you get the daily monster hunts yesterday? If so, they should appear again today. I don't have today's yet either, but I didn't open mine until late yeastersday afternoon. Last season, they showed up every 24 hours (for me at least)

sidhbai
01-22-16, 01:46 PM
Hey all! I am sorry if his is a stupid question, but how do I buy a Trade Wagon? I cannot find it anywhere!!

ShibuyaCloth
01-22-16, 02:14 PM
Hey all! I am sorry if his is a stupid question, but how do I buy a Trade Wagon? I cannot find it anywhere!!

From the market. If you have already bought it it must be in your inventory.

steve3812
01-22-16, 02:29 PM
The monster hunts should reset every 24 hours but that is not happening can you investigate this please

GreeneIvy
01-22-16, 02:57 PM
I've searched thru every part of the market & cannot find the trade wagon! I no what it looks like (a nhbr has 1), but I can't find 1 to buy. HELP!!

ShibuyaCloth
01-22-16, 03:21 PM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb120000.png_2v_31020.png
Trade Wagon
Type: Building
Source: Purchase
Requirements: 1000 coins

In the inventory:
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inv/CastleStory-TradeWagon.png

meme1098
01-22-16, 03:42 PM
I've searched thru every part of the market & cannot find the trade wagon! I no what it looks like (a nhbr has 1), but I can't find 1 to buy. HELP!!

Are you level 22?

rulerofjennyville
01-22-16, 04:36 PM

All I'm getting of the lorelei fountain is one bucket of water and the occasional mermaid scale. I get better drops off my ponds.

meme1098
01-22-16, 05:06 PM
All I'm getting of the lorelei fountain is one bucket of water and the occasional mermaid scale. I get better drops off my ponds.

Mostly what I was getting too but this afternoon I got a gold troll token. :D
So, keeping my fingers crossed you'll get one next collection.

BuddyB111
01-22-16, 06:04 PM
Thanks very much!
I got 10 energy in each of the 5 crates

anissada
01-23-16, 02:49 AM
Hey everyone!

Can anyone who's experiencing an issue placing their fountain please submit a ticket to support@storm8.com ? This will help me look into potential issues, so we can get things fixed swiftly.

Thanks!

Happy Hunting :)

lol, you know what the respons will be when i should?
i am getting directed to searche for the solution on the forum..

also a little bit confused why the daily hunts can't be the same on ios and android.
the only advantage for android is that it's not a 24hrs timed hunt.
but still not fair, cause on ios we can obtain 33 crates if this event lasts 11 days, on android max 15!
another thing i am missing in post 1, is when this hunt season expires.

and why are (the needs for) the trades altered so often.
anyone noticed that we are getting less and less good items from the bronze and silver trade?
i only do them cause i need to lower the amount of shield tokens, but in the beginning i got much better rewards for them.

looks more and more like this whole monster thing was thrown in before testing orso.

got the cooking camp last season and do not like spending all energy on monsterbeating for only some energy crates for 11? days.

something else what's not working right, i defeated a blue direboar, got rewarded, the the game resets itself? no dire boar waitin for me, obtained items by fighting it disappeared and no more daily hunt to get that boar back. an just now,the same thing happened with the golem. frustrating!

maybe i'm playing this game too long and getting bored by repeating a 'season'thing i do not like and i'd better go looking for another game which keeps me entertained.

Sandybellee
01-23-16, 03:24 AM

I was only getting water and then suddenly two troll tokens in a row! So keep trying! :)

redgirl2882
01-23-16, 04:28 AM
I love Monster Slaying event's. It's the only time you can play without a beast showing up every 3 energy used :rolleyes:

Android player, thanks for FINALLY giving us access to the Blue Boars and Glimmer Golems......only took 3 previous seasons to bother. Why do they have to be different to IOS still though?? If we don't manage to do ALL 55 of the (suddenly scarce of course) beasts in the time frame we get NO energy crates. Same if we don't do ALL of the 11 Golem and Boars (admittedly these two shouldn't be unfeasible since they're guaranteed spawns with dead trees and horses). Its still unfair though as IOS players get a crate EVERY time they get 5 beasts daily. At least make Dire Boars part of the beast collection (for both platforms, I DON'T discriminate :p) as they seem to spawn slightly more than the others.

As for the Lorelei Fountain, 20 gold coins to make it!!!! Unbelievable, some Android players haven't even got that many, even after 3 seasons. I was lucky and had a trick in the last few seasons so somehow managed to get myself up to 50 gold coins, I'm so loathe to spend them though as it took a HELL of a lot of effort to get them.

I think Storm8 should do a one off gift/mini-task JUST for Android players awarding them 10 gold coins as an apology for blatantly discriminating us all..................(I can hope, eh :o hehe).

RenZenGoddess
01-23-16, 05:14 AM
I just defeated a fangbeast that did not get counted towards my novice daily goal - it should have finished that goal for me. Then a troll appeared and I defeated him but it did not show as one of the 25 on the Baron's vchallenge-it says defeat ANY 25 monsters....glitch?

ShibuyaCloth
01-23-16, 05:23 AM
I just defeated a fangbeast that did not get counted towards my novice daily goal - it should have finished that goal for me. Then a troll appeared and I defeated him but it did not show as one of the 25 on the Baron's vchallenge-it says defeat ANY 25 monsters....glitch?

Trolls & lovecupines do not count! So no glitch there. If you defeat a monster and get a resynch you loose the count, happened to me too

Sheeba8188
01-23-16, 05:56 AM
And without clear information - is this main story line, will I need the fountain in the future, will Androids get the event at one point eventually, will the fountain drop gold coins after the hunt season as well - it is impossible to make such a big decision. Please give us Android specific information, please.

I am also looking for the same information I have 8 coins saved from previous 3 seasons amazing in the last 2 days gained 2 of these coins. It is a struggle for an android player to get the coins and to be asked to use 20 coins I know I don't have and probably won't have in the next 11 days to build a fountain which a) won't be able to complete for lack of gold coins this season will I be able to continue collecting coins after season probably not so next season will maybe have completed b) will fountain drop coins after event because using 20 coins to build a fountain which will only drop rarely the odd coin during a monster hunt is a raw deal when could be saving for the cooking camp in the long and very distant future when any android player will have 99 coins. So will spending this 20 coins on the fountain be worth all our hard work or just forget about it and continue being a 5th of the way to cooking camp?

anissada
01-23-16, 06:01 AM
I love Monster Slaying event's. It's the only time you can play without a beast showing up every 3 energy used :rolleyes:

Android player, thanks for FINALLY giving us access to the Blue Boars and Glimmer Golems......only took 3 previous seasons to bother. Why do they have to be different to IOS still though?? If we don't manage to do ALL 55 of the (suddenly scarce of course) beasts in the time frame we get NO energy crates. Same if we don't do ALL of the 11 Golem and Boars (admittedly these two shouldn't be unfeasible since they're guaranteed spawns with dead trees and horses). Its still unfair though as IOS players get a crate EVERY time they get 5 beasts daily. At least make Dire Boars part of the beast collection (for both platforms, I DON'T discriminate :p) as they seem to spawn slightly more than the others.

As for the Lorelei Fountain, 20 gold coins to make it!!!! Unbelievable, some Android players haven't even got that many, even after 3 seasons. I was lucky and had a trick in the last few seasons so somehow managed to get myself up to 50 gold coins, I'm so loathe to spend them though as it took a HELL of a lot of effort to get them.

I think Storm8 should do a one off gift/mini-task JUST for Android players awarding them 10 gold coins as an apology for blatantly discriminating us all..................(I can hope, eh :o hehe).

as i posted before..
the only advantage for android is that it's not a 24hrs timed hunt.
but still not fair, cause on ios we can obtain 33 crates if this event lasts 11 days, on android max 15!

the daily hunt for skunks are very difficult, almost never reach 5 a day!

zyfazix
01-23-16, 06:29 AM
To me the fountain is only a good deal if it drops gold coins when there are no active hunts

riverly
01-23-16, 07:20 AM
I'm on the Inglorious Baron part and kinda wondering why I'm doing this at all. #1- I don't really need a cooking camp as I'm maxed out on 12 of the items it can cook and #2 - I have forgotten who princess Lorelei is. I guess I need to go back and refresh my memory. And #3 we are doing this for another statue. I hope this will be the last monster hunt but that's just me. The energy crates are the best reason to do this. I do like those and am saving them.

twinkletoes12348
01-23-16, 07:43 AM
My monster spawning count is definitely waaaay down this time. I did my first collection of the day right now and ... nothing. Usually--unless I have one parked somewhere--I'm tripping over them.

RenZenGoddess
01-23-16, 08:55 AM
argh! Thanks - although about the troll - it does say "any" monster without specifying the four it includes!�� I am having fun and enjoying all of this even if my skunkupines and fangbeasts are being shy! Thanks, guys.

Skeezaru
01-23-16, 09:39 AM

This isn't actually true, as the Purple Glimmer Golems take 3 damage a hit most times, and the blue dire boars take 2 most hits. But I am getting way more tokens this time than ever before!
I tried to find the information myself but I couldn't sift thru all the comments passed page 5, most of them aren't about anything lol...

Can anyone tell me if the fountain will drop the gold cons after monster hunt ends?
I still need the cooking camp. It has been almost impossible to get staff tokens before now.. I had 5 gold coins from one of the timed events when this monster hunt started, and I got the statues for completing all the other monster hunts before this one -_- and I already have 14 now.
So I'm wondering if the fountain is there for people who already have the cooking camp? to give them a goal for this hunt? I would really rather spend the gold coins on the cooking camp instead of the fountain unless the fountain is going to help me get the camp faster, and possibly out of monster hunt?

Also, I am on Android, level 36, and I do not have any quest for the fountain or any option to craft it, only the option to trade 10 gold coins for a blue sapphire. The pop-up to craft it keeps appearing but it is not an option to craft anywhere... Will that quest start, or the option to craft it appear if I trade coins for a sapphire?
I need the cooking camp still and am at 14 gold coins, about to finish the blue dire boar quest, 10/11. Will start on the Golem part next, 1/11 there. Only 7/55 in the fangbeast / skunkupine one. That one seems hardest only because you cannot force spawn those monsters like you can the blue dire boar and purple glimmer golem.. it takes a lot of energy to find them. I got a skunkupine off level 5 Jousting Arena yesterday lol.. The rest seems too easy to be a challenge...

Thank you anyone for reply!

riverly
01-23-16, 10:45 AM
The way I see it you have to use 20 gold coins to get the sapphires and then the crafting option pops up. A lot of people are hesitant about doing this because we don't know yet if the fountain continues to drop gold coins. I over simplified it. Maybe someone else will have something to add or correct me.

riverly
01-23-16, 10:49 AM
I have a question for the players that already have the cooking camp. Are you still getting gold coins during this hunt??

anissada
01-23-16, 11:34 AM
I have a question for the players that already have the cooking camp. Are you still getting gold coins during this hunt??

yes, cold coins keep dropping :)
can't use them for anything, want some?
rofl

anissada
01-23-16, 11:49 AM
PART A - Princess Lorelei's Fountain
prepared by SpiritWind.

The Hunt Challenge - android players - you get 1 set of goals for the entire event which are:
1. Hunt Challenge Sovereign: Defeat 11 Purple Glimmer Golems - collect from Sir Daisy or any coin horse

until now sir daisy did not once spawn a purple golem, and only the brown horses (bought with coins) trigger a golem!

post 2 updated.... SW

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-23-16, 12:21 PM
rofl
I'm not one of them yet but after 3 seasons of hunting monsters under our belts, more & more players have now acquired the Cooking Camp. What is now their incentive during monster hunt seasons since even the monster statues are now no longer craftable for gold tokens in the Trade Wagon?
Sure, they can do the other trades for minimal goodies but there really needs to be additional options to trade for the Troll Tokens besides just the additional kitchen. (Cabbage Hut, please)

....and why, exactly, were the monster statues removed???

riverly
01-23-16, 12:38 PM
Hmmm very interesting. I for one would consider using troll tokens aka gold coins aka cold coins to buy something other than a cooking camp. Cabbage hut sounds good.

jaymieb2
01-23-16, 11:46 PM
I am level 49, Android. This is the first Monster Hunt that has been fun! Thank you S8 for the Blue Boars and Purple Golems. :-) During the previous three hunts, I was able to acquire a total of six gold tokens. Now - only two days into this hunt - I have a grand total of 20. I have traded them for the two sapphires and am looking forward to procuring more gold tokens this hunt, as well as finding some in the fountain!

stargaze91
01-24-16, 12:06 AM
rofl

I'm not one of them yet but after 3 seasons of hunting monsters under our belts, more & more players have now acquired the Cooking Camp. What is now their incentive during monster hunt seasons since even the monster statues are now no longer craftable for gold tokens in the Trade Wagon?
Sure, they can do the other trades for minimal goodies but there really needs to be additional options to trade for the Troll Tokens besides just the additional kitchen. (Cabbage Hut, please)

....and why, exactly, were the monster statues removed???

I was wondering why the crafting option for statues was removed too.. I have some left over tokens and would love to exchange them for something nice as I already got the cooking camp

EBJW
01-24-16, 12:33 AM
I was wondering why the crafting option for statues was removed too.. I have some left over tokens and would love to exchange them for something nice as I already got the cooking camp

Me too!!

EBJW
01-24-16, 01:52 AM
Don't know if it has been asked before (been away for a couple of days, and scrolled through, but didn't see it):

besides not being able to make anything else with the golden coins but the cooking camp
why can't we gift tokens to our neighbours?

- I already have the cooking camp, and was looking forward to make another skunk statue, my favourite. Bummer.... Can't....
- Me and my neighbours are always (very) short of sword tokens, the gifts helped a little bit....

happyhoppa
01-24-16, 03:39 AM
I am level 48 Android and also started this season with 6 gold tokens. Having completed the Blue Boars and Purple Golems hunt challenges, I now have 16 - wow!
But: with only the Novice challenge to go, the skunkupines drop 2 shield tokens and the fangbeasts drop 4 shield and 2 sword tokens, where do the remaining staff tokens come from?
Calculation: 4 gold tokens require 200 shield + 100 sword +100 staff.
50 fangbeasts = 200 shield + 100 sword + 0 staff.

anissada
01-24-16, 03:57 AM
Don't know if it has been asked before (been away for a couple of days, and scrolled through, but didn't see it):

besides not being able to make anything else with the golden coins but the cooking camp
why can't we gift tokens to our neighbours?

- I already have the cooking camp, and was looking forward to make another skunk statue, my favourite. Bummer.... Can't....
- Me and my neighbours are always (very) short of sword tokens, the gifts helped a little bit....

i was just gonna ask the same thing...
why can't we send tokens anymore..
removing those fall leaves and holiday felt took forever after they were no longer a use for anything!

another thing that has been changes in our disadvantage, i hardly get any gems anymore, not even from the golden trade.

TL must really want to loose some players, as they also reduced the amount of free gems for installing a new game from 30 to 14, and reaching a certain level from 15 to 6. why even bother playing them now, too timeconsuming for too little rewards.

(some games gave less and even those were reduced to 4 for installing and 2 for reching levels)

bebitanuspuneper0864213579
01-24-16, 04:38 AM
I hope for 4 maybe 5 new seasons of hunting monsters and then i would have a chance for that cooking camp.

I am an android player ( level 50) and i have now 18 gold tokens , i ****ed all purple golems and blue dire boars( thank you TL) and my jousting arena level 5 produce monsters .......i'm login in all day long, but without choping a trap, i wasted a lot of energy for 0 results.

I have Princess Lorelei's fountain ( hoping is a good investment and will continue drop gold tokens after this event).

About free gems for instaling new games is ok to give 14 gems .......but why bother to play that game for 7 gems? ( it take days to reach that level) and there are weeks when i don't have a game to install .

anissada
01-24-16, 06:46 AM
About free gems for instaling new games is ok to give 14 gems .......but why bother to play that game for 7 gems? ( it take days to reach that level) and there are weeks when i don't have a game to install .

i don't agree. the reward for installing always was 30 gems, and without any notice, from one minute to another TL di take away another piece of our drive to keep playing.
the intention behind this will probably be good for TL's economy as they try to get more players buying gems where they were given for free in the past..
14 gems is not worth the polution of my ipad/phone as after uninstalling, there always stays something behind that slows the device down

meme1098
01-24-16, 07:39 AM
I am level 48 Android and also started this season with 6 gold tokens. Having completed the Blue Boars and Purple Golems hunt challenges, I now have 16 - wow!
But: with only the Novice challenge to go, the skunkupines drop 2 shield tokens and the fangbeasts drop 4 shield and 2 sword tokens, where do the remaining staff tokens come from?

I do the silver trade when my sword &/or shield tokens are above 100. The silver trade will drop staff tokens, although lately it's only been 1 at a time. Have gotten up to 3 or 4 staff tokens in a single drop before though.

64freebird
01-24-16, 09:08 AM
Probably not posting in the right place, this is the first time I've ever done this. I am playing Castle Story on android and the only challenge I have left is the novice one. But now I can no longer get the beasts to appear when I take care of my horses or tend to the dead trees. So how can I gain gold coins at a decent rate without being able to fight either of these beasts?

happyhoppa
01-24-16, 09:16 AM
Probably not posting in the right place, this is the first time I've ever done this. I am playing Castle Story on android and the only challenge I have left is the novice one. But now I can no longer get the beasts to appear when I take care of my horses or tend to the dead trees. So how can I gain gold coins at a decent rate without being able to fight either of these beasts?

The blue boars & purple golems are no longer available after you finish the 2 challenges, so it's no use tending horses or dead trees now. You must get the rest of the tokens from skunkupines / fangbeast / direboars. Note that skunkupines drop only shields(2), fangbeasts drop shields (4) &swords (2) whereas dire boars drop all 3 types. See the post on page 1 for lists of where to get these.

Skeezaru
01-24-16, 09:16 AM
Dire Boars

I'm really disappointed with this event.

I just completed sovereign and adept quests for android, started the hunt with 5 gold coins, now I have 19, so this event wasn't even enough for the fountain. And still no idea if it's even worth getting, does anyone know if it will continue to drop gold coins after monster hunt ends? I'm level 37 and still do not have the cooking camp. Most of my tokens are coming from the glimmer golems that you can force spawn every 2 hours from the glimmergate.

Extremely disappointed , been playing for 6 months now and the first 3 hunts I got nothing, even though I completed the events, the only gold coins I have received have been from other timed events not even related to monster hunt. lol... I took the orphanage to level 5 during the holloween even, which drained everything I had, and it was worthless. The only good reward they have given since I started playing was the glimmer fountain for the new years event. I had just received my first manticore though and was a little upset that they made mysterious venom so easy to get after having manticores as they only way for such a long time. If they don't fix these events or make some way to get gold coins out of monster hunt, I may stop playing as I am very close to the end of all the story lines... I haven't even used any of the energy box rewards from this event. was way too easy but not enough to even fulfill the reward requirements....

happyhoppa
01-24-16, 09:22 AM
So glad you reminded me of the glimmer golems - I'd forgotten about them. As Android player I'm struggling to get enough tokens for the fountain and am holding off deciding whether to spend my hard earned gold tokens on the fountain or save up for the kitchen. Previous 'rewards' have been very variable in their value. Wonder ho w long befor the season ends?
Just tried the glimmer gate and didn't get a glimmer golem probable because of getting past the point in the story line where they spawn. Heho..

katbtodd
01-24-16, 12:15 PM
I don't see any new prizes ,

meme1098
01-24-16, 01:36 PM
I don't see any new prizes ,

I've had that notification several times already & wondered the same thing. Unless it's referring to the Lorilei fountain but that's not a prize, it's a crafting item.

EBJW
01-24-16, 02:25 PM
I've had that notification several times already & wondered the same thing. Unless it's referring to the Lorilei fountain but that's not a prize, it's a crafting item.

Maybe that one prize is only the Season 4 slayer statue?!

ShibuyaCloth
01-24-16, 03:56 PM
And I can confirm the final prize:

Season 4 Baron Statue

katbtodd
01-24-16, 04:15 PM
Maybe that one prize is only the Season 4 slayer statue?!

Statue did,not,come,from inside the troll wagon it was a reward from ****ing so many beast

zyfazix
01-24-16, 04:48 PM
Sorry, I do believe I made a post in this thread earlier today about the differences between Android and Apple. Can't find it in my activity tab, very strange. Anyway...

I'm at 14 gold coins after the purple golem and blue boar tasks starting from nothing. I would like to know if the fountain will drop coins in-between monster hunts

dipwid
01-24-16, 05:19 PM
Progress. As an android player, the last 3 seasons I had acquired a total of 9 troll tokens. This off season and season 4 monster hunt I am up to 33 tokens so far. If other events are like this one, I will be looking at a lot less than the 33 seasons I had predicted. I don't know if I'll be able to get the 55 skunkupine/fangbeast goal completed, but I am very pleased with this event. My recommendation is to continue and make the most of your opportunities.

spchstew
01-24-16, 06:00 PM
Any one else having lousy luck with the gold coins dropping from the lovely princess lorelei's fountain? I had a pretty good drop ratio at first, but today I am 0-5. ☹️☹️

EsmeW2
01-24-16, 06:01 PM
Progress. As an android player, the last 3 seasons I had acquired a total of 9 troll tokens. This off season and season 4 monster hunt I am up to 33 tokens so far. If other events are like this one, I will be looking at a lot less than the 33 seasons I had predicted. I don't know if I'll be able to get the 55 skunkupine/fangbeast goal completed, but I am very pleased with this event. My recommendation is to continue and make the most of your opportunities.

I'd definitely agree with this and am also pleased. I'd only made it to 10 gold tokens over the three previous seasons and had more or less given up with the trader trolls. But the changes have made the cooking camp possible. My total is now also just over 30, though I've used up 20 of them on the fountain - I figured that it would be worth it over this and later seasons for the gold coins it drops. (so far I've had one and a few fish).

I don't care if the game doesn't work in exactly the same way for Android as for IoS - just want us to have a roughly comparable chance at play. And we've finally got it. I can live without the odd energy crate.

Thanks for listening S8.

anissada
01-24-16, 06:03 PM
I do the silver trade when my sword &/or shield tokens are above 100. The silver trade will drop staff tokens, although lately it's only been 1 at a time. Have gotten up to 3 or 4 staff tokens in a single drop before though.

noticed that too, TL has changed quite a lot of things in our disadvantage..
almost no gems are given on trades in the trade wagon as i got many in previous seasons.
and no, this surely ain't main story line, no idea how it would fit in..
everything running now is monster hunt related. (seasonal!)

and before this hunt started i almost went mad cause the skunkupines popped up every 3-5 collecting wheat or sugar.. now i had TWO in days.. but hey, as we were told before, droprates are never changed, rofl

georgenkf
01-24-16, 07:53 PM
how can I have the higher chance to meet Skunkupines and Fangbeasts?
I still need 40 times to fight them to finish the challenge.
Thank you for your help!!!

SpiritWind00
01-24-16, 08:05 PM
how can I have the higher chance to meet Skunkupines and Fangbeasts?
I still need 40 times to fight them to finish the challenge.
Thank you for your help!!!

post 2 in this thread has information on what items will spawn monsters. :)

cattclark
01-24-16, 08:44 PM
I do not have the sovereign trade available in my trade wagon. It simply is not there. Am I missing something?

Dabag
01-24-16, 09:03 PM
I do not have the sovereign trade available in my trade wagon. It simply is not there. Am I missing something?

The Sovereign Trade was renamed The Gold Hunter Trade.
The Troll Token still has to be corrected as well.
I am sure the CS team will get around to it, eventually.
Hope this clears things up a bit
dabag

louieslodge
01-24-16, 09:49 PM
How do I make a sovereign hunter trade? I need four more gold troll coins.

SpiritWind00
01-25-16, 02:27 AM
How do I make a sovereign hunter trade? I need four more gold troll coins.

Refer to post above this one for your answer.

I moved your post to the main thread where you should have posted. Please do not create duplicate threads. Thank you.

cbriette1
01-25-16, 03:33 AM
This fountain is so far, a hugh waste of 20 gold coins. I haven't collected a single troll coin yet. Great monster hunt season though.

Sabriiinax4
01-25-16, 07:02 AM
Now that I completed both goals with higher monsters (golem and diar boar), they are not spawning anymore. I still need 10 other gold token for the second sapphire and only the fangbeast give every kind of token. How can I get enough in a couple of days to get the fountain?

cattclark
01-25-16, 08:42 AM
Thank you!

Dabag
01-25-16, 11:32 AM
Photo required, please

Does anyone have a photo of the Hunter Challenge for android.
and could they post the photo in this update thread.
it would be very much appreciated.
thank you
dabag

aiyoosha
01-25-16, 02:03 PM
the game told me the alicorn is on sale today but i saw it and its 400 gems sheesh is thats actually the sale price for this thing?

Nemi55
01-25-16, 02:09 PM
Is it worth buying?

MiniLaura
01-25-16, 02:09 PM
the game told me the alicorn is on sale today but i saw it and its 400 gems sheesh is thats actually the sale price for this thing?
It is normally 600 gems, so it's 1/3 off (33.3% off). A pretty good sale by TL standards, but still a lot of gems.

aiyoosha
01-25-16, 02:15 PM
It is normally 600 gems, so it's 1/3 off (33.3% off). A pretty good sale by TL standards, but still a lot of gems.

it is a good sale,, thx sweety!

ShibuyaCloth
01-25-16, 02:24 PM
Only good for people without Love Shack, with the love shack, the Alicorn costs 400 gems all the time.

SpiritWind00
01-25-16, 03:56 PM
There is a thread for the discussion on the alicorn on sale if you want to discuss whether or not it's a good investment here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88472-Alicorn-Sale

(If you don't have one and you can afford it, get one...:):):):):))

rst345
01-25-16, 04:52 PM
It is 1550 pacific time or 3:50pm. No new goals for trade wagon yet today. Has it really been 11 days?

riverly
01-25-16, 05:11 PM
Warning! Do not put your trade wagon too close to your horses. I got the goblin or whatever he is, and I cannot get to my trade wagon to trade some shield tokens because it is grayed out. Bummer. Oh well live and learn.

SpiritWind00
01-25-16, 05:12 PM
It is 1550 pacific time or 3:50pm. No new goals for trade wagon yet today. Has it really been 11 days?

The iOS daily hunts start 24 hours from when you complete them, so be patient and they will turn up soon if you're expecting them. The event goes till 1 Feb (see post 1) ;)

blackpearl9
01-25-16, 05:17 PM
This fountain is so far, a hugh waste of 20 gold coins. I haven't collected a single troll coin yet. Great monster hunt season though.

Yes, the troll coin is a rather rare drop, something like 1 out of 10 collections.

robotparade
01-25-16, 08:49 PM
I'm really frustrated that I spent 20 gold troll coins on the fountain, and I haven't had a single one drop from it. I guess I'm just never getting the Cooking Camp. Otherwise, fun hunt season.

ladyperidot
01-26-16, 05:26 AM
I'm really frustrated that I spent 20 gold troll coins on the fountain, and I haven't had a single one drop from it. I guess I'm just never getting the Cooking Camp. Otherwise, fun hunt season.

I don't get them every time by any stretch. I think I've gotten about three or four. Only 44 more to go for cooking camp

Sheeba8188
01-26-16, 02:24 PM
So finally raised the 20 coins for building the fountain.

My method was started with 6 coins from 3 previous seasons do purple glimmer goblins and blue dire boars and purchased 3 day starter pack for 3.99 giving 250 energy, 10 dire boar traps and sword coins ( sorry can't remember quantity) then **** skunkupines/fangbeasts 32/55 and build sapphires. Built fountain and received 5 coins.

So 94 coins remaining with 5 hours per collection from fountain assuming 100% drop rate so 470 hours or 19.5833333...Days with only 7 days of event remaining looks like it will be another season of no cooking camp.

But on the bright side started with 6 coins I now have 5 and a ridiculous fountain which will be lucky to drop at something like 5%.

Go figure........

ShibuyaCloth
01-26-16, 02:32 PM
Some more detailed info for the monster hunt:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50468.png_2v_31020.png
Shield Token
Info: Only drops during a Monster Hunt. Awarded once upon attacking Skunkupine, Fangbeasts, Dire Boars, and Glimmer Golems.
Source: Harvest
Requirements: 3 gems
Cap: 120

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50469.png_2v_31020.png
Sword Token
Info: Only drops during a Monster Hunt. Awarded once upon slaying Fangbeasts, Dire Boars, and Glimmer Golems.
Requirements: 5 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50470.png_2v_31020.png
Staff Token
Info: Only drops during a Monster Hunt. Awarded upon slaying Dire Boars, and the Purple Glimmer Golems.
Requirements: 10 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50471.png_2v_31020.png
Troll Token
Info: Received once upon completion of each Sovereign Hunter Trade.
Requirements: 50 gems
Cap: 99
Comments: Sovereign Hunter Trade is now replaced by the Gold Hunter Trade (lower resource demand)

vickyville14
01-26-16, 02:58 PM
What time do the daily hunts start? I keep trying to figure it out, but no luck so far. So far none today.

ebenezermac
01-26-16, 03:32 PM
Why can't we get an answer to does the fountain drop gold coins outside of the monster hunts? It's crucial information.

vickyville14
01-26-16, 06:04 PM

My method was started with 6 coins from 3 previous seasons do purple glimmer goblins and blue dire boars and purchased 3 day starter pack for 3.99 giving 250 energy, 10 dire boar traps and sword coins ( sorry can't remember quantity) then **** skunkupines/fangbeasts 32/55 and build sapphires. Built fountain and received 5 coins.

So 94 coins remaining with 5 hours per collection from fountain assuming 100% drop rate so 470 hours or 19.5833333...Days with only 7 days of event remaining looks like it will be another season of no cooking camp.

But on the bright side started with 6 coins I now have 5 and a ridiculous fountain which will be lucky to drop at something like 5%.

Go figure........

Sorry to say the drop rate is not 100%. I built the fountain right away; I had the gems. I think it has dropped 2-3 gold coins so far and I play a lot (too much but I love it).

LocalNews
01-26-16, 06:13 PM
Why can't we get an answer to does the fountain drop gold coins outside of the monster hunts? It's crucial information.

I just got a gold coin from the fountain and it appears Season 4 Monster Hunt is over as I never got the hunts today.

roguebee
01-26-16, 06:14 PM
Are the statues from the previous season dropping tokens? I've put them into inventory twice now and still no timer for collection.

vickyville14
01-26-16, 06:19 PM
Are the statues from the previous season dropping tokens? I've put them into inventory twice now and still no timer for collection.

Mine are working. Since you have put them in and out of inventory, I don't know what else to do. Maybe contact support?

vickyville14
01-26-16, 06:20 PM
I just got a gold coin from the fountain and it appears Season 4 Monster Hunt is over as I never got the hunts today.

My hunts just showed up!

Sheeba8188
01-26-16, 11:22 PM
Sorry to say the drop rate is not 100%. I built the fountain right away; I had the gems. I think it has dropped 2-3 gold coins so far and I play a lot (too much but I love it).

I know drop rate is not 100% as much as I wish it was. I was using it as a calculation for unlikelihood of getting cooking camp. However 1st collection dropped a coin for me long may it continue.

I agree when will we get this information?

janddolphins
01-27-16, 12:47 AM

I am not sure about the timer thing but I do know every time you put them into storage you reset the timer so that it would be a full day again. Not sure if this might have anything to do with your problem although you should still be seeing a new timer each time.

mautzu
01-27-16, 01:49 AM
Not all the statues drop tokens, only the monster statues from first season, I started playing after that so I don't have them ( sigh )

figththefire
01-27-16, 12:11 PM
Sooo bored with this update, the first season was kinda fun ****ing monsters, now I feel sick hitting multiple times on my ipad ****ing golem...
I don't really need the third kitchen, nor the statues. I got the fountain though, for decoration purposes.
I wonder when will be the last season...

mreames
01-27-16, 01:02 PM
I'm not sure there will be a last season.

Sooo bored with this update, the first season was kinda fun ****ing monsters, now I feel sick hitting multiple times on my ipad ****ing golem...
I don't really need the third kitchen, nor the statues. I got the fountain though, for decoration purposes.
I wonder when will be the last season...

jaymieb2
01-27-16, 01:49 PM

Direboars, the silver trade, and the Direboars statue all give staff tokens. Good luck!

jaymieb2
01-27-16, 02:05 PM
I am level 49, Android. This is the first Monster Hunt that has been fun! Thank you S8 for the Blue Boars and Purple Golems. :-) During the previous three hunts, I was able to acquire a total of six gold tokens. Now - only two days into this hunt - I have a grand total of 20. I have traded them for the two sapphires and am looking forward to procuring more gold tokens this hunt, as well as finding some in the fountain!

Update - I crafted the fountain which has dropped (I believe) four gold tokens so far. I am currently at 16 gold tokens - AFTER trading 20 for the fountain. This has been the best Monster Hunt *ever*!!!

Only need 5 more beasts to complete my Novice Hunt. My biggest advantage for token collection is that Porcine Problems is open in my goal book. Unless I am forced to visit Old Thomas, I will leave it open until I have the cooking camp. :-)

Remember - wells and ponds trigger direboars!

Good luck everyone!
JaymieB2

SpiritWind00
01-27-16, 04:35 PM
Hi all, update on Lorelei's Fountain: the fountain will ONLY drop tokens during the monster hunt events. After the event is over it will not drop tokens.

anne202b
01-27-16, 05:05 PM
Sorry if this has been answered but what's the best trade when you have too many sword tokens?

SpiritWind00
01-27-16, 05:46 PM
Sorry if this has been answered but what's the best trade when you have too many sword tokens?

Silver trade.

Sometimes tokens just have to be wasted. If you go into your trade wagon you'll see which one you can use. I'd save them for the gold tokens and not worry if you go over the max if you can't do another trade to reduce your tokens.

anne202b
01-27-16, 06:33 PM
Thanks, SpiritWind! :) :) :)

ellaslair
01-27-16, 06:38 PM
Is this the last "season" for monster hunt? I guess my real question is is this our last opportunity to get the 99 gold coins needed for the kitchen camp?

Thanks....

SpiritWind00
01-27-16, 11:39 PM
Is this the last "season" for monster hunt? I guess my real question is is this our last opportunity to get the 99 gold coins needed for the kitchen camp?

Thanks....
No ;) there will be more, so just try your best to get as many gold tokens as you can.... ;)

CharmOfLea
01-27-16, 11:53 PM
Hey guys, could someone help me out, please?

Is the Baron- hunter- statue still for grasps? Yesterday I thought I saw "8 days" on the goal, and today it's gone. I'm travelling, so I might have confused "days" for "hours".. which would explain why I'm not allowed to get the statue of this season, and I was at 24/25.. Is that what happened?

BTW Happy belated Australia Day, SW! :) I'm in NSW, it's a beautiful land.

SpiritWind00
01-28-16, 12:18 AM
Hey guys, could someone help me out, please?

Is the Baron- hunter- statue still for grasps? Yesterday I thought I saw "8 days" on the goal, and today it's gone. I'm travelling, so I might have confused "days" for "hours".. which would explain why I'm not allowed to get the statue of this season, and I was at 24/25.. Is that what happened?

BTW Happy belated Australia Day, SW! :) I'm in NSW, it's a beautiful land.
:) thanks! Yes it is very beautiful indeed! And belated Happy Australia Day to you and my other Aussie friends here too!

Heaps of time left! The event goes till 1 Feb, so the slayer season 4 statue is still available:)

anissada
01-28-16, 02:17 AM
Only good for people without Love Shack, with the love shack, the Alicorn costs 400 gems all the time.

The iOS daily hunts start 24 hours from when you complete them, so be patient and they will turn up soon if you're expecting them. The event goes till 1 Feb (see post 1) ;)

@spiritwind. i think you mean 24 hours from when the first one was started, IF you finish it within thise 24 hours.
if you let it expire, like the novice hunt which is not doable most times, the next 24 hours start after you tap finish..

and then the hunts are not synchrone anymore.

esmeetje1990
01-28-16, 04:43 AM
I can still work on getting the fountain after Feb 1, right? Or do the trades disappear then? I'm currently at 1 sapphire (I feel stupid for doing this trade before making it to 20 coins but I didn't check the forum for the Feb 1 end date) and I have 2 gold coins. I can make about 1 coin every day because I don't get that many monsters despite clearing fields and fields of strawberries. Basically, I'll never make it to 10 gold coins before Feb 1. So I'd like to know if I'm just wasting my time here and if I wasted 10 coins by making that trade.

SpiritWind00
01-28-16, 04:57 AM
@esmeetje, Last time the hunt finished the trade wagon was emptied of all trades. I don't think your sapphire is a waste. Just keep going as best you can for the rest of season 4. :)

@annisada, yes that's right! ;)But in the context of the post I was replying to, my post stands. I don't think I've ever been able to finish that hunt... Skunks and fangies don't pop up enough for me! But, yes you're right, the trade refreshes as soon as you click expire if you don't finish it in time.

esmeetje1990
01-28-16, 05:10 AM
@SpiritWind00 thanks! I'll try to make the best of it until Feb 1st then

riverly
01-28-16, 07:42 AM

Go figure........i have read this several times this is just crazy!! im glad you can stay positive about this. I mean really you gotta laugh at the insanity of this.i mean look at all the hoops you jumped through to end up with one less than what you had. I hope this doesn't offend you, but this just makes me laugh.

zyfazix
01-28-16, 09:26 AM
Hi all, update on Lorelei's Fountain: the fountain will ONLY drop tokens during the monster hunt events. After the event is over it will not drop tokens.

Thanks for the confirmation. Gives me a reason to rethink whether I want to buy it or not.
The first post mentions this fountain is part of a quest-line starting at level 22. Will this fountain be optional or required to progress through those quests?

justmine2
01-28-16, 09:39 AM
Question. I have 24 of 99 coins to get cooking camp. It says I can buy with 50 gems,nsorry to sound stupid BUT, does that mean for 50 gems I can get all the gold coins I need??

burritosprings
01-28-16, 10:08 AM
No just one.

katbtodd
01-28-16, 10:26 AM
Question. I have 24 of 99 coins to get cooking camp. It says I can buy with 50 gems,nsorry to sound stupid BUT, does that mean for 50 gems I can get all the gold coins I need??

No it's 50 gems for one gold token

justmine2
01-28-16, 11:31 AM
1? Glad I asked. Thanks

l03z
01-28-16, 11:57 AM
I was wondering if I'm the only one who never got tokens from the fountain? Only drops water and mermaid scales...every time! :(

EsmeW2
01-28-16, 12:08 PM
I was wondering if I'm the only one who never got tokens from the fountain? Only drops water and mermaid scales...every time! :(

How long have you had it for? I've had the fountain for about 5 days and have had 4 coins - so a bit less than once a day for each coin.

kareichan
01-28-16, 12:46 PM

Every Monster Hunt Event, not just this one, right?

katbtodd
01-28-16, 12:56 PM
1? Glad I asked. Thanks

Yes,just 1

l03z
01-28-16, 01:10 PM
How long have you had it for? I've had the fountain for about 5 days and have had 4 coins - so a bit less than once a day for each coin.

I've had it since the day the quest started...

ellaslair
01-28-16, 03:18 PM
No ;) there will be more, so just try your best to get as many gold tokens as you can.... ;)

Thank you SpiritWind00 :)

SpiritWind00
01-28-16, 03:50 PM
Every Monster Hunt Event, not just this one, right?

Yes :) I still think the fountain a good investment in the long run (but that's just my own personal opinion)

@Io3z, my fountain is broken too - no gold tokens for me yet... maybe it doesn't like being next to a frozen fountain! :)

kareichan
01-28-16, 04:51 PM
Yes :) I still think the fountain a good investment in the long run (but that's just my own personal opinion)

Thank you :D

Lunaticus
01-28-16, 04:54 PM
31 gold tokens as of now. Hopefully reaching that 40 to end season 4. And crossing fingers that there's at least 10 hunting season.😸

CharlieGirl9
01-29-16, 12:11 PM
I've been getting about one gold token a day from the fountain. Up to 60 now.

federerGOAT
01-29-16, 02:36 PM
Where are my skunkupines and fanbeasts?

Haven't seen any since I built the swampy pond.
It's been two days since I last saw those two animals. Collected crops, farm animals and farmhouses but nothing turns up.

scotslassuk
01-29-16, 03:17 PM
Thanks to the fountain finally hit 50gold coins just wondering will it continue to drop troll coin when Hunting Quest is over? Would be great if someone could give us an answer. Thank you

meme1098
01-29-16, 03:43 PM
Thanks to the fountain finally hit 50gold coins just wondering will it continue to drop troll coin when Hunting Quest is over? Would be great if someone could give us an answer. Thank you

Few pages back... SW responded to the question. Unfortunately it won't.

scotslassuk
01-30-16, 12:24 AM
Thanks for answering didn't see the reply before posting. That's a shame it's going to stop! Finally thought I was getting somewhere feels like forever since we fist saw it.... Going to be forever before getting it!!

meme1098
01-30-16, 07:19 AM
Thanks for answering didn't see the reply before posting. That's a shame it's going to stop! Finally thought I was getting somewhere feels like forever since we fist saw it.... Going to be forever before getting it!!

It is a shame considering for most players this is probably like a 2 year goal, unfortunately.

riverly
01-30-16, 01:23 PM
Evidently s8 is now assuming that the troll tokens are going to be more valuable to us instead of gems? I don't see that happening. But I gotta say the artwork has been really pretty lately ( trying to end on a positive note).

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-30-16, 02:40 PM
I got my Cooking Camp today! ^5
...now what are the gold Troll Tokens good for? lol

ktorewqas
01-30-16, 03:43 PM
I remember that there were options to craft more monster statues. Now they are all gone?

jaymieb2
01-30-16, 09:12 PM
It is a shame considering for most players this is probably like a 2 year goal, unfortunately.

Now that android users have the Blue Direboars and the Purple Golems, there is no reason that the Cooking Camp will take two years to achieve!

I started with a toral of measley SIX gold Troll tokens - that was my entire stash from the previous three hunts. Not many had a more sorry total than that!

With the equalized monsters, I quickly drove my total up to the 20 necessary gold troll tokens to get the Lorelei Sapphires to craft the fountain. Now, with drops from the fountain, the reward, and inching along after maxing out all of my monster hunt quests, I am up to 23 gold troll tokens.

As long as we keep getting the equalizer monsters, I will have the cooking camp in two or three more hunts!

Good luck everyone! :-)

PS remember to battle monsters from the jousting arena and collect your daily tokens from the first season's statues, if you have them!

zyfazix
01-31-16, 12:29 PM
Currently I don't see the statue yet in the Trade Wagon, is that because I don't have two sapphires yet?

SpiritWind00
01-31-16, 01:36 PM
Currently I don't see the statue yet in the Trade Wagon, is that because I don't have two sapphires yet?

You get the Slayer statue when you complete the goals. (Refer post 2) sapphires are unrelated to the statue; they're for the fountain.

seishy
01-31-16, 02:46 PM
the fountain is absolutely useless. All I've gotten from it this event is fish and water, lame. Shouldn't have wasted my tokens on it.

AnniePMH
01-31-16, 02:50 PM
I got my Cooking Camp today! ^5
...now what are the gold Troll Tokens good for? lol

Congrats, Captain!:) Lol, they're good for hoarding and maxing out. Same as always:p But you're right, we need more items in the trade wagon!:rolleyes:

danzplace
01-31-16, 03:23 PM
Only missed the he first hunt, at 56 tokens. Getting one a day. I will need another 3 to 4 hunts myself.

vickyville14
01-31-16, 06:12 PM
Is the hunt done? Still no goals today!

seisurreal
02-01-16, 06:22 AM
★ hi TL ★

could you bring back the statues exchange option back into the trading wagon? Love to have two of each statue, n especially so when I got the cooking camp already.. There is simply nothing else to spend on :p Ty !

nessa005
02-01-16, 07:34 AM
I just got my 99th gold token. I want to craft the cooking camp but it takes 16 hours. If I start it now, with just a few hours left in the hunt, will I be able to collect it even though the hunt will be over. I do not want to lose it!

zelda0816
02-01-16, 08:23 AM
Will the fountain still "rare drop" a golden coin past today? Sorry if this has been answered already...

sourp4tch
02-01-16, 12:28 PM
I just got my 99th gold token. I want to craft the cooking camp but it takes 16 hours. If I start it now, with just a few hours left in the hunt, will I be able to collect it even though the hunt will be over. I do not want to lose it!

The Cooking Camp trade is always available, even outside of Monster Hunt seasons!

sourp4tch
02-01-16, 12:28 PM
Will the fountain still "rare drop" a golden coin past today? Sorry if this has been answered already...

Yes, but only during Monster Hunt seasons.

sourp4tch
02-01-16, 12:30 PM
There is simply nothing else to spend on :p Ty !

We hear you! I can't speculate as to when and what we'll be able to add to the Trade Wagon prizes, but we are working on it! :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-01-16, 01:14 PM
We hear you! I can't speculate as to when and what we'll be able to add to the Trade Wagon prizes, but we are working on it! :)
Oh, that's great to hear! Thanks for letting us know, sourp4tch. :)

zyfazix
02-01-16, 03:16 PM
I've started crafting the fountain :)

ladyperidot
02-01-16, 03:24 PM
Only missed the he first hunt, at 56 tokens. Getting one a day. I will need another 3 to 4 hunts myself.

I'm at 69, another of couple hunts and the trolls or tinkers can start cooking too!

belbar22
02-01-16, 03:46 PM
I ended this monster hunt at 91 tokens on 1 account and 67 on the other. Reasonably happy that I can see an end in sight.

Niire
02-01-16, 04:09 PM
I gotta add my love for giving the droid peoples those quests this hunt. This is my third, and by far the most fun for me! Got my fountain, and like 12 gold tokens...not huge, but the last 2 I think I managed maybe a token or two each one? So definitely better! Thank you!!

BTW, I have a dire boar I am currently kicking in the face that's still dropping tokens. :)

roguebee
02-01-16, 04:16 PM
I was able to get one last gold token to drop from the fountain before time ran out.

88silver
02-01-16, 05:58 PM
I started this hunt with 17 gold tokens from the three previous hunts. I ended at 42 tokens and a fountain. At this rate, I might actually get the kitchen before I max on all the food.

BahSunFarms
02-01-16, 06:20 PM
I have 59 troll tokens and got 490 energy from the crates, not to mention at least 10 gems. Monster hunt season is my favorite part of this game. It's like a refresher after draining events.

seishy
02-01-16, 08:54 PM
i don't know how you guy get so many tokens. Four hunts later and I'm at 25 tokens, after wasting 20 on the stupid fountain that never dropped anything.

Queenzod
02-01-16, 10:33 PM
I'm at 69, another of couple hunts and the trolls or tinkers can start cooking too!

I ended up with 68, not too bad. Although I'm in no hurry, as I'm maxed out on all kitchen items and have my kitchens put away. Ah, well.

teoliny
02-02-16, 12:22 AM
I didn't get the second sapphire, is it still possible to get cold coins?

Second question, on old quests that I wasn't able to maybe upgrade something to level 5 now it says that those missing items "from gem" what does that mean and how can I get a hold of those items for example Glimmer fountains needs Glimmer marble and it says "from gems" how can I get Glimmer marble now when that quest is no longer going on?
Thankful for any help!

SpiritWind00
02-02-16, 02:02 AM
I didn't get the second sapphire, is it still possible to get cold coins?

Second question, on old quests that I wasn't able to maybe upgrade something to level 5 now it says that those missing items "from gem" what does that mean and how can I get a hold of those items for example Glimmer fountains needs Glimmer marble and it says "from gems" how can I get Glimmer marble now when that quest is no longer going on?
Thankful for any help!
Q1: as the event has concluded, tokens no longer drop. You just need to wait for the next season now to continue getting gold tokens.
Q2: the Glimmer Fountain event has finished, so the only way to upgrade the fountain is to use gems.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1190378&viewfull=1#post1190378
Extract from How Events Work:
* Special adventures, crafts, trades will disappear from the related list when the event expires.
* Any unfinished buildings/items can only be completed with gems at the conclusion of an event.
* Any item earned will remain in your kingdom or inventory.

jmterao
02-02-16, 05:59 AM
Q1: as the event has concluded, tokens no longer drop. You just need to wait for the next season now to continue getting gold tokens.
Q2: the Glimmer Fountain event has finished, so the only way to upgrade the fountain is to use gems.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1190378&viewfull=1#post1190378
Extract from How Events Work:
* Special adventures, crafts, trades will disappear from the related list when the event expires.
* Any unfinished buildings/items can only be completed with gems at the conclusion of an event.
* Any item earned will remain in your kingdom or inventory.

If I had known the fountain would stop dropping gold coins after the event was over.... I wouldn't have bothered to get it. After all is said and done I am just a few coins ahead of where I was before I bought it. Lesson learned, never again.

ap1386
02-02-16, 07:19 AM
So the monster hunt season ended? When's the next season?

Sandybellee
02-02-16, 08:17 AM
I'm at 61 troll tokens now and started the season with around 30 so it was a very good season. The fountain definitely helped! :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-02-16, 09:59 AM
Fellow hoarders!
Just like with the fireworks cases from the New Year's Event, I'm curious here, too...
After four monster mashing seasons, how many energy crates have all y'all saved?
Here are mine:

maz3girl
02-02-16, 10:21 AM
Ok, now that the season is ended, would those of you w/Lorelai's fountain say it is worth it? I didn't get any Sapphires from the previous quest so i'll have to use 20 gold coins (I have 41 after this season... I couldn't find a skunkupine or fangbeast to save my life so I only earned off of golem/boars).

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-02-16, 10:24 AM
maz3girl ~ It was definitely worth it for me, but I got the 2 sapphires from that sidebar storybook event which awarded them. If I had to spend 20 of my troll tokens for it, it might be a different story. Hopefully others who used their troll tokens to get it will chime in for ya. :)

ETA: The fountain is of no use to ANY of us now, tho, except for water, fish & mermaid scales since it only has a chance to drop golden troll tokens DURING monster seasons.

midsom
02-02-16, 10:34 AM
Will we be able to buy/earn a second camp? I have the camp and 80 troll tokens extra, and is there a cap on tokens or energy crates?

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-02-16, 10:40 AM
Will we be able to buy/earn a second camp? I have the camp and 80 troll tokens extra, and is there a cap on tokens or energy crates?
No, once you craft one Cooking Camp, it disappears from the Trade Wagon. I doubt a second one will be offered but sourp4tch posted recently that S8 is working on something else to offer in there, so hopefully we'll have that for the next season (my fingers are crossed for the Cabbage Hut!).
I'm still not sure why they removed the options to craft the monster statues for 10/25/50 troll tokens.

There is no max for the energy crates since they're basically considered non-Royal "decor".
The shield, sword, and staff tokens max at 120 but the golden troll tokens have a max of 99.

roguebee
02-02-16, 11:34 AM
Fellow hoarders!
Just like with the fireworks cases from the New Year's Event, I'm curious here, too...
After four monster mashing seasons, how many energy crates have all y'all saved?
Here are mine:

I've used a few on mine here and there...
51 of +10 and 36 of the +25

meme1098
02-02-16, 11:50 AM
Fellow hoarders!
Here are mine:

Unfortunately I used mine, along with other energy sources, to battle as many blue boars as possible this time around but missed the cooking camp mark by about 15 tokens.