PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon : new type "Zodiac"

Clark_Wayne
01-20-16, 01:40 PM
just saw with the last update : a new type "Zodiac" is coming !
LOL they are copying dragon story !

a new world event is also announced : Valentine event . well i'm not surprised :D

but i hope that means new spots will be available ! because i have only 1 spot left :D

(ITunes update)

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/7ef6f081-7df8-4290-b722-e4446c582e9e_zpsvtvwxffh.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/7ef6f081-7df8-4290-b722-e4446c582e9e_zpsvtvwxffh.png.html)

sweetypies97
01-20-16, 01:54 PM
What? How on earth is 'zodiac' like earth, lava, ice cream or lightning? A couple of imaginary lines in the sky based on stars? Why not have a 'celestial' type which uses stardust, or a lunar type?

Ugh.

Clark_Wayne
01-20-16, 02:01 PM
agreed :) i would rather they developp the existing type !
and are they bringing back the matripony during Valentine event ?

ninasidstorm8
01-20-16, 02:02 PM
just saw with the last update : a new type "Zodiac" is coming !
LOL they are copying dragon story !

a new world event is also announced : Valentine event . well i'm not surprised :D

but i hope that means new spots will be available ! because i have only 1 spot left :D

I wonder if Zodiac will really be a new type that we can breed with or a new element for a Trio. We should be getting a new Trio around the beginning of February, so that may be where the new element comes in. I can't see S8 releasing a new breedable element unless they are ready to release some new expansions as well and the update did not indicate anything about expansions. I hope you are correct and S8 is ready to release some new expansions but I would not count on it.

ninasidstorm8
01-20-16, 02:06 PM
Looks like Matripony is the new game icon and has a prominent place on the new start-up screen.

Sandybellee
01-20-16, 02:12 PM
This is exciting! Can't wait for the Valentine world event! :) And I'm also really looking forward to Zodiac type animals.

RowanaFarrin
01-20-16, 02:15 PM
Where is this posted? I can't seem to find it anywhere, but I may just not know where to look. XD

Edit: Never mind! Just realized it was a game update I needed to download. Silly me!

On that note, Zodiac animals could have some interesting possibilities! There are actually quite a lot of different zodiacs to choose from so I'm curious to see where this goes!

sweetypies97
01-20-16, 02:28 PM
One of the valentine creatures is 'puppy love'.

Clark_Wayne
01-20-16, 02:40 PM
I wonder if Zodiac will really be a new type that we can breed with or a new element for a Trio. We should be getting a new Trio around the beginning of February, so that may be where the new element comes in. I can't see S8 releasing a new breedable element unless they are ready to release some new expansions as well and the update did not indicate anything about expansions. I hope you are correct and S8 is ready to release some new expansions but I would not count on it.

no ! no trio ! :eek: i hate trio ! :eek: anything but trio ! LOL

ninasidstorm8
01-20-16, 02:53 PM
no ! no trio ! :eek: i hate trio ! :eek: anything but trio ! LOL

The more I think about it, the less chance I think the Zodiac element would be used for a trio since there are 12 zodiac signs. However, I doubt they would provide a full set of animals like the Electric element does. We are more likely to see a limited set of animals released over time like the Legendary/Gem set. There are 3 signs each for Water/Earth/Fire/Air so they could fill out those sets over time. Although we have no air element, they could use Nature as a substitute.

Of course they could use the Chinese Zodiac instead since it involves animals. Something to look forward to.

Clark_Wayne
01-20-16, 03:13 PM
The more I think about it, the less chance I think the Zodiac element would be used for a trio since there are 12 zodiac signs. However, I doubt they would provide a full set of animals like the Electric element does. We are more likely to see a limited set of animals released over time like the Legendary/Gem set. There are 3 signs each for Water/Earth/Fire/Air so they could fill out those sets over time. Although we have no air element, they could use Nature as a substitute.

Of course they could use the Chinese Zodiac instead since it involves animals. Something to look forward to.

i don't think they will use chinese Zodiac : we already have lunar goat. and i hope gem type won't be involved : it is already hard to get gem hybrid, so gem-zodiac will be nightmare ! :eek:

in AppStore they mentionned Zodiac as "new type" , so i'm thinking they will introduce aries in march (with new lands?) and we will have to breed it with the others. i believe they will do like they did for ds : 1 animal per month.

ninasidstorm8
01-20-16, 03:44 PM
i don't think they will use chinese Zodiac : we already have lunar goat. and i hope gem type won't be involved : it is already hard to get gem hybrid, so gem-zodiac will be nightmare ! :eek:

in AppStore they mentionned Zodiac as "new type" , so i'm thinking they will introduce aries in march (with new lands?) and we will have to breed it with the others. i believe they will do like they did for ds : 1 animal per month.

I think we are on the same page. I didn't mean to imply that there would be a Zodiac/Gem type. What I am trying to say is that I think there would only be a limited set of Zodiac animals like the Legendary(Gem) type where there are only 10 total so far. There have been 10 Electric/Dark, 11 Electric/Water, 9 Electric/Earth, 7 Electric/Nature and 9 Electric/Fire hybrids released so far. I doubt the Zodiac type would ever reach that level.

I agree, it would make sense to release one Zodiac animal per month for the next 12 months. Once all 12 have been released, that would probably be it for the Zodiac type. I wouldn't fully discount S8 using the Chinese Zodiac just because there was Lunar Goat Battle Arena Prize for Chinese New Year last year. The zodiac sign is referred to as Sheep, Goat or Ram so S8 still has plenty of naming opportunities.

They could make us breed the original Zodiac animal as well by using a specific breeding pair or as an offshoot of a particular combination of types. I know most people would prefer the expansion method (including me). I think expansions depend on whether or not they have resolved the crashing issues people have experiences as the game requires more resources.

You never know, S8 likes to keep us guessing. It keeps things interesting.

jojopeanut
01-20-16, 09:38 PM
I'm really excited about this version. I hope the spin to win and I'm lucky enough to get animal's from last year. I adore the coin valentine habitat and really wishing for a reason to buy it maybe 2 if I have enough animal's to fill them. :D

matiasabad94
01-21-16, 04:18 AM
If this happens to be a new, permanent element I would be really really excited!

natxjkkggg
01-21-16, 06:02 AM
Hello Clarke_Wayne,
Where Do You know this from?? I couldn't find this update anywhere??

Clark_Wayne
01-21-16, 06:46 AM
Hello Clarke_Wayne,
i found the update and the infos in the AppStore ;)

catfoodie
01-21-16, 07:05 AM
Do you guys think we will get new habitats for the world event or for the Zodiak element in general? I really wanna have new habitats but I never have enough gems to buy them. I liked how in some world events we had habitats for new element, so hope we will get one this time :3

ogreve
01-21-16, 07:22 AM
Hmmmm, interesting, this talk of the "Zodiac" type...
Is there any DS player here who can briefly explain how it works there? Can it be bred for using normal elements? Are they limited in time in DS? Anything else about them....?

ninasidstorm8
01-21-16, 09:38 AM
Is there any DS player here who can briefly explain how it works there? Can it be bred for using normal elements? Are they limited in time in DS? Anything else about them....?

In Dragon Story the Zodiac type consists of 12 single element Dragons each with the name of the sign of the Zodiac (Leo, Aries etc.…)and one special Dragon that is a hybrid of the Zodiac element and the element equivalent to the Gem element in FFS (called Diamond in DS). Some of the Zodiac Dragons are currently available and others have been retired.

I wasn’t playing DS when they were introduced, so I don’t know how they were made available. In DS, there are some types that are a combination of two other types, similar to Dark being a combination of Water and Fire but it is more complicated than that. Zodiac is a combined type. One particular Zodiac can be bred using those two base elements. The remainder can be bred by breeding a Zodiac and Zodiac, Diamond (non-hybrid) and Diamond (non hybrid), or Diamond (non hybrid) and Zodiac. There is at least one other special case that I will not get into. If FFS follows this idea, you will have a new use for two Crystal Unicorns.

I have never actually bred one in DS though I have never made a consistent effort to do so. I hope this helps you. If I have made a mistake or someone has additional information, please jump in, I am a very casual player in DS.

kooky panda
01-21-16, 11:54 AM
Hello Clarke_Wayne,
This was posted with the new update in the iTunes app store.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/7ef6f081-7df8-4290-b722-e4446c582e9e_zpsvtvwxffh.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/7ef6f081-7df8-4290-b722-e4446c582e9e_zpsvtvwxffh.png.html)

Clark_Wayne
01-21-16, 12:50 PM

no limited time for the Zodiac in DS, but like ninasidstorm8 half of them were retired (why ? go figure. )
really hard to get though some people got them very easily. i got my diamond (gem animals in FFS) before i got the Leo (used to breed the other Zodiac) and it is supposed to be rare when diamond are ultra rare !
i will add to what ninasidstorm8 posted : you can get another Zodiac by breeding a Zodiac with other colors but it is harder than using the Zodiac-diamond combo.
(i think Zodiac were introduced 3 years ago, end july , because Leo sign start end july)

but the main problem with DS Zodiac is : it is supposed to split into dark and yellow, but it is now splitting in yellow and blue-purple (dark split in blue purple), so it is even more harder to get another Zodiac ! there is a big big thread about it in DS forum ! LOL
but i don't think this will happen in FFS unless they introduce Zodiac as a splitting type

FlatFoot
01-21-16, 06:28 PM
I'm very excited for you all to see the new content. There's something in regards with the Zodiacs that I'm incredibly proud of :p

Valentine's Day also has quite a lovely bunch of adorable animals!

matiasabad94
01-21-16, 09:04 PM
I'm very excited for you all to see the new content. There's something in regards with the Zodiacs that I'm incredibly proud of :p

Can't wait! I hope it comes as soon as possible!

Silverrain1
01-21-16, 11:55 PM
no limited time for the Zodiac in DS, but like ninasidstorm8 half of them were retired (why ? go figure. )
really hard to get though some people got them very easily. i got my diamond (gem animals in FFS) before i got the Leo (used to breed the other Zodiac) and it is supposed to be rare when diamond are ultra rare !
i will add to what ninasidstorm8 posted : you can get another Zodiac by breeding a Zodiac with other colors but it is harder than using the Zodiac-diamond combo.
(i think Zodiac were introduced 3 years ago, end july , because Leo sign start end july)

but the main problem with DS Zodiac is : it is supposed to split into dark and yellow, but it is now splitting in yellow and blue-purple (dark split in blue purple), so it is even more harder to get another Zodiac ! there is a big big thread about it in DS forum ! LOL
but i don't think this will happen in FFS unless they introduce Zodiac as a splitting type

Hi, sorry but what do you mean by a splitting type?

LonePudding
01-22-16, 12:41 AM
Hi, sorry but what do you mean by a splitting type?

In DS, some elements can only be bred by breeding two basic elements**. Like the Leo element that Clark_Wayne mentioned. Leo can be bred using any yellow + black** combo. When breeding with the actual Leo element, splitting means that as well as Leo being used in the breeding pool, the colours used to breed it (yellow + black) would be put into the pool too, making it harder to aim for a desired animal.

By breeding pool, I'm talking about how the game calculates what animal you will breed based on the colours used and any other "unknown" factors.

** The black element isn't actually a basic type as it is bred using two other basic types, blue + purple. We call these minor types. Leo is another example of a minor type.

I hope that was clear enough to understand. Hopefully someone else can explain better for you.

With my breeding luck, introducing splitting will guarantee I never breed a new animal again, lol :rolleyes:

Drachenia
01-22-16, 05:34 AM
Hi, oh I'm looking forward to the Zodiac animals and other novelties. Please, please, also land extension TL. :D

ogreve
01-22-16, 07:55 AM
@Clark_Wayne, ninasidstorm8, LonePudding: I'm *really* short on time right now, but thanks a million for the explanations!
It sounds interesting and exciting on the one hand, and possibly daunting and frustrating on the other hand. But... at least it will be something VERY new to FFS and if we take it a bit lightly, I hope it gives an interesting new edge to FFS....
I've got a gut feeling that with today's update we may already see the first of these new animals... I would have loved to have bred the new Grifin before that time, but nothing so far. We'll see what happens tonight...

Silverrain1
01-22-16, 11:30 AM
In DS, some elements can only be bred by breeding two basic elements**. Like the Leo element that Clark_Wayne mentioned. Leo can be bred using any yellow + black** combo. When breeding with the actual Leo element, splitting means that as well as Leo being used in the breeding pool, the colours used to breed it (yellow + black) would be put into the pool too, making it harder to aim for a desired animal.

By breeding pool, I'm talking about how the game calculates what animal you will breed based on the colours used and any other "unknown" factors.

** The black element isn't actually a basic type as it is bred using two other basic types, blue + purple. We call these minor types. Leo is another example of a minor type.

I hope that was clear enough to understand. Hopefully someone else can explain better for you.

With my breeding luck, introducing splitting will guarantee I never breed a new animal again, lol :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the information. I think I understand. Sounds like it will b harder to breed as there are more outcomes? Now on ffs does colour really matter? I normally just breed two random animals together with a combination of elements selected to get what animals I need. I'm doing pretty well (I think!) but would paying more attention to the colouring of the animals help to?

LonePudding
01-22-16, 12:21 PM
Thanks for all the information. I think I understand. Sounds like it will b harder to breed as there are more outcomes? Now on ffs does colour really matter? I normally just breed two random animals together with a combination of elements selected to get what animals I need. I'm doing pretty well (I think!) but would paying more attention to the colouring of the animals help to?

Which colours you breed with tends to matter more as your collection grows fuller (well for me it did). As you breed more animals, you'll have more and more repeat "fails" because you'll already own most animals. I only breed with colours to get a particular (few) animal(s) I want.

Colour doesn't matter as much as it does in DS because the breeding algorithms here are much more simple. (This could all change in 9 minutes time, we'll see!)

Silverrain1
01-22-16, 12:53 PM
Which colours you breed with tends to matter more as your collection grows fuller (well for me it did). As you breed more animals, you'll have more and more repeat "fails" because you'll already own most animals. I only breed with colours to get a particular (few) animal(s) I want.

Colour doesn't matter as much as it does in DS because the breeding algorithms here are much more simple. (This could all change in 9 minutes time, we'll see!)

Thanks, so if I ignore the colour side of things, could I still get all animals as long as I use the right elements? It would just take longer.

kittenthief
01-22-16, 01:52 PM

So excited to hear this!! :D

rjazz
01-22-16, 06:04 PM
I'm excited about the Zodiac too except I just expanded to my very last spot available so I will not be able to continue if they don't release new land. I've been playing since very close to the beginning.

ninasidstorm8
01-29-16, 08:58 AM
Ironically enough, I am just about to hatch my first Zodiac Dragon in Dragon Story after numerous attempts over the last year and half. I hope that means some good luck later today when the FFS Zodiac element is released.

Sandybellee
01-29-16, 10:18 AM
Ironically enough, I am just about to hatch my first Zodiac Dragon in Dragon Story after numerous attempts over the last year and half. I hope that means some good luck later today when the FFS Zodiac element is released.

Congrats! Let's hope it indeed bodes well for your luck with FFS zodiacs! :)

calvinxx
01-29-16, 11:49 AM
40 more minutes!!! I'm so excited!!! Everyone fingers crossed for expansions!! I know I shouldn't get hopes up too high but I really really really hope we get some along with the Aquarius. I might actually shed tears of joy lol

kooky panda
01-29-16, 11:58 AM
Please see new thread for more information:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88619-Aquarius-and-the-Celestial-Habitats!