PDA

View Full Version : Breeding more than 2 colors?

Calypso132
01-20-16, 07:12 AM
I've been trying to complete some goal dragons but I'm not been very successful. I know several dragons require breeding 3 colors. My thought was breed the first 2, then breed that dragon with the 3rd color. That hasn't worked out for me. Is this the right process, I just haven't gotten the dragon I was after? Or is there a trick I'm unaware of?

amerirish
01-20-16, 08:10 AM
I would use dragons with the same colors you are trying for. Example: if you're trying for Fairy (Yellow/Green) use Forest & Air. I tend to keep it simple. I've also sent you a Private Message with some 'tricks' I use. Best of luck & welcome to the forum :)

MaribouMay
01-20-16, 09:01 AM
I've been trying to complete some goal dragons but I'm not been very successful. I know several dragons require breeding 3 colors. My thought was breed the first 2, then breed that dragon with the 3rd color. That hasn't worked out for me. Is this the right process, I just haven't gotten the dragon I was after? Or is there a trick I'm unaware of?

Yes, that is the process. Breeding is a fickle thing and often takes time. Keep trying. This thread will be helpful: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?73718-Breeding-Combos-and-Questions-(-Part-III).

Don't worry about goals. They can be a nice way to guide breeding, but there are always going to be a huge number of goals. I have 53 goals right now and I have been playing for a long time and have a lot of dragons.

Sandybellee
01-20-16, 09:16 AM

You have have all three colors present at the same time in the
breeding pair if you are trying to breed a dragon that has three colors.

Calypso132
01-20-16, 09:28 AM
Thank you! I'm level 80 so I feel like I should know most of this by now lol. I just haven't had any luck breeding dragons that say they are 3 colors. Hopefully this will help 😊

belarica
01-20-16, 09:39 AM
Thank you! I'm level 80 so I feel like I should know most of this by now lol. I just haven't had any luck breeding dragons that say they are 3 colors. Hopefully this will help ��

3 color dragons are really hard for me to get too :(

jagarjag
01-20-16, 02:06 PM
I would use dragons with the same colors you are trying for. Example: if you're trying for Fairy (Yellow/Green) use Forest & Air. I tend to keep it simple. I've also sent you a Private Message with some 'tricks' I use. Best of luck & welcome to the forum :)

@ amerirish: I am very curious about your tricks....I have often wondered about things like choosing the left parent or right parent has any implication on outcome?...Or...putting the lower lvl dragon on left or right.. In any case pls do share your tricks here...I am sure a lot many people will appreciate it.....

amerirish
01-20-16, 02:27 PM
@ amerirish: I am very curious about your tricks....I have often wondered about things like choosing the left parent or right parent has any implication on outcome?...Or...putting the lower lvl dragon on left or right.. In any case pls do share your tricks here...I am sure a lot many people will appreciate it.....

I can send you a PM - can't post here as it would break forum rules. Intrigued yet? :)

ETA: The left/right parent thing is a total myth in my experience. It doesn't matter who goes where when breeding. Also, the levels don't matter either except if you're trying to breed a Prime Dragon (both parents must be level 15). Any Dragon above level 4 is equal in the breeding den.

jagarjag
01-20-16, 03:25 PM
I can send you a PM - can't post here as it would break forum rules. Intrigued yet? :)

Pls pls...do send that pm...can't wait....I know that breeding outcomes r randoms...but I sometimes feel that just as there r some island-specific dragons which r good at battles than other dragons from same color group (without any explainable logic)...the same holds true for breeding too....I have been trying to breed Neon and Divine ( and archangel/ siamese too) for more than 6 months now....😣😣😣

waiting eagerly...

hiabarara
01-21-16, 08:33 AM

ETA: The left/right parent thing is a total myth in my experience. It doesn't matter who goes where when breeding. Also, the levels don't matter either except if you're trying to breed a Prime Dragon (both parents must be level 15). Any Dragon above level 4 is equal in the breeding den.

I am intrigued now :D Would you mind sharing your secrets with the rest of the class? :) (PM is totally fine.)

kooky panda
01-21-16, 12:10 PM
Closing thread since the original question has been answered and now the thread has gone off topic.