PDA

View Full Version : well, this is new...

strictly_STRANGE
01-19-16, 05:44 PM
iOS player- games & software both up to date.

I was bouncing back & forth between games (when I say games, I mean bakeries as I have two) like a lot of players do & I went main > social > invite friends & the tab to click so you can switch storm ID's has just completely disappeared.

naturally, I closed the app & when that didn't do anything, I restarted my device, still nothing.

this has never happened before in all of my years of playing so I've sent (basically) this same message over to s8 & I'm hoping to get it figured out asap considering that it's going to drive me nuts not being able to check my other bakery & restaurant.

has anyone else experienced this? :confused:

Clark_Wayne
01-19-16, 05:48 PM
i just noticed that too : i often use the login feature to go from my main bakery to my baby bakery !

IsisGarden
01-19-16, 05:49 PM
I had the same issue. I've posted to the moderated forums. Found its strange as well. I need to log into my other bakeries, too.

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/lildea06/6a4989417a15d5ff74f58a92eedff9a5_zpsfmvafj6q.jpg

deekathleen
01-19-16, 05:52 PM
I'm on android and the login feature is gone also.

ievuxia
01-19-16, 05:52 PM
Same here! I have other accounts too and am not able to log into them now, gosh my food will get spoiled! Hope they fix this soon :(

strictly_STRANGE
01-19-16, 05:55 PM
I'm somewhat relieved to know that it's not just me, but what the heck is going on!?! :confused:

crummyo
01-19-16, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I'm guessing that they are updating securities because a lot of people have been hacked recently. I hope they don't remove that feature because of the hackers, because they ruin everything.

Anywho, I will send an email to Storm8 and teamlava addressing the issue. I hope that this is over soon! :)

Clark_Wayne
01-19-16, 06:00 PM
Same here! I have other accounts too and am not able to log into them now, gosh my food will get spoiled! Hope they fix this soon :(

you still can use the login feature from other apps : it is still there in Dragon Story and Fantasy Forest Story. i don't know for restaurant story 1

deekathleen
01-19-16, 06:05 PM
you still can use the login feature from other apps : it is still there in Dragon Story and Fantasy Forest Story. i don't know for restaurant story 1

I don't have Dragon story or fantasy forest (not even sure they are available for me?)

strictly_STRANGE
01-19-16, 06:06 PM
it's not on RS either! :(

strictly_STRANGE
01-19-16, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I'm guessing that they are updating securities because a lot of people have been hacked recently. I hope they don't remove that feature because of the hackers, because they ruin everything.

Anywho, I will send an email to Storm8 and teamlava addressing the issue. I hope that this is over soon! :)

does this usually happen when they are updating? I've never seen it before.

myndisue4
01-19-16, 06:14 PM
Guess I'll be downloading Dragon Story... again.

The account log in feature is still there in Candy Blast Mania also.

dezign2envy
01-19-16, 06:34 PM
Omg i have the same problem..
Im only switching for this week cause im looking after my kids account while there on camp[B] ..

And then switching back to my account. How is this fair removing this feature.. you know there are legit reasons to and not just always have to do with hacking..

NOW IM STUCK IN MY KIDS ACCOUNT ..I cant get back to mine

deekathleen
01-19-16, 06:36 PM
Guess I'll be downloading Dragon Story... again.

That doesn't mean that in five minutes or five days it won't suddenly disappear from those games also.

Clark_Wayne
01-19-16, 06:51 PM
I don't have Dragon story or fantasy forest (not even sure they are available for me?)

dragon story is available on android. i don't know if FFS is on Android : i suppose yes because FFS android players say that it is crashing like Hell

melindag1976
01-19-16, 07:12 PM
Same issue here and I'm on an iOS device... We're probably screwed, just like when they took away the block feature in BS and NEVER brought it back....

dezign2envy
01-19-16, 07:27 PM
hey guys
YES ITS ON ANY OF THE OTHER GAMES

Yes you can switch accounts thanks god from one of there other games.. Any of the ones that come up in the list when u click the icon on top right.. Just download install and its there..

I just did it with the bingo game.. And thank god i can switch out of my kids account and back into my account ..

storm ID
dezign2envy level 42 & 4 stars

2nd account

stormID
Divafashionstyle level 36 4 stars..

Both id can be used for Fashion story and Bakery story

asond777
01-19-16, 07:43 PM
The same has happen to me & I hope it's resolved soon.

Rynetory2
01-19-16, 07:43 PM
The login feature is back. You can use your RS1 and BS1 to login and switch between accounts. Thanks for your feedback.

dezign2envy
01-19-16, 07:45 PM
Thanks so much

Rynetory2
01-19-16, 07:54 PM
Great that it's back! All good now. :D

Campingpixi
01-19-16, 08:59 PM
For some reason neither bakery or restaurant story will load for me! Anyone else having this problem?

KadeeDid
01-20-16, 01:01 AM
For some reason neither bakery or restaurant story will load for me! Anyone else having this problem?

I am having that problem too. It was working a few hours ago. All other games including some I haven't played recently are working.

Campingpixi
01-20-16, 03:22 AM
I found what my problem was! I had not updated the games last update because of all the issues people had with it so I sucked it up and updated the story games and it fixed the problem! I figured I would rather have half a game rather then no game 😆

KadeeDid
01-20-16, 08:40 AM
I found what my problem was! I had not updated the games last update because of all the issues people had with it so I sucked it up and updated the story games and it fixed the problem! I figured I would rather have half a game rather then no game ��

What version should we use? I force closed several times yesterday and have deleted and am reinstalling BS and RS now.

Rynetory2
01-20-16, 08:41 AM
Please ensure that you have the latest software and games for your device. Thanks.

KadeeDid
01-20-16, 09:02 AM
Please ensure that you have the latest software and games for your device. Thanks.

This response is not helpful. Everything was working fine until some time last night. Several people are having issues now.

What is the latest version? I am reinstalling but don't know if it is the correct version.

KadeeDid
01-20-16, 01:43 PM

I deleted and reinstalled Bakery Story and Restaurant Story this am. No idea what the current version is but the version I installed is working. Missing counters, appliances and food at first but all is there now I think. Did not really have time to check and have not logged into RS yet do to volunteer work for peer cancer support.

I have a different perspective than some after 20+years doing tech support and moderating a variety of forums from tech support to chronic pain groups. The pain groups required a lot of finesse dealing with those who were in severe pain and lashing out in frustration. I ended up setting up some private groups for a few who had been harassed or stalked.

[S8] Elsa
01-20-16, 02:26 PM
I deleted and reinstalled Bakery Story and Restaurant Story this am. No idea what the current version is but the version I installed is working. Missing counters, appliances and food at first but all is there now I think. Did not really have time to check and have not logged into RS yet do to volunteer work for peer cancer support.

I have a different perspective than some after 20+years doing tech support and moderating a variety of forums from tech support to chronic pain groups. The pain groups required a lot of finesse dealing with those who were in severe pain and lashing out in frustration. I ended up setting up some private groups for a few who had been harassed or stalked.

Please note our mods kindly report player concerns, but they don't have access to investigate technical issues from our server. Because Campingpixi mentioned updating resolved this for her, asking players to make sure they are updated is solid advice. :)

We apologize for the hiccup with the login feature yesterday. Special thanks to the mods for reaching out to us so we could resolve it as soon as possible.

KadeeDid
01-20-16, 03:27 PM
Elsa;1238495']Please note our mods kindly report player concerns, but they don't have access to investigate technical issues from our server. Because Campingpixi mentioned updating resolved this for her, asking players to make sure they are updated is solid advice. :)

We apologize for the hiccup with the login feature yesterday. Special thanks to the mods for reaching out to us so we could resolve it as soon as possible.

I still have not been given an answer to which version to use. I just deleted and reinstalled after following the usual trouble shooting tactics.

[S8] Elsa
01-20-16, 04:04 PM
I still have not been given an answer to which version to use. I just deleted and reinstalled after following the usual trouble shooting tactics.

When you reinstall the game, you're directly downloading the most current version because it's downloaded directly from the app store. You have the most current version. :)

deekathleen
01-20-16, 04:11 PM

The most recent version is the orchard version, but it was removed along with most of the other newer versions. I would say go with the original version and then check and make sure all your stuff is there.

KadeeDid
01-20-16, 05:28 PM
Elsa;1238495']Please note our mods kindly report player concerns, but they don't have access to investigate technical issues from our server. Because Campingpixi mentioned updating resolved this for her, asking players to make sure they are updated is solid advice. :)

I did not mean to imply anything negative. I always trouble shoot first and had gone through all the usual steps. I came to the forum and discovered others were having issues too. Sometimes it is best NOT to have the latest version until all the bugs are worked out. Issues with latest versions may not be known until some brave souls test the limits.

KadeeDid
01-20-16, 05:34 PM
Elsa;1238530']When you reinstall the game, you're directly downloading the most current version because it's downloaded directly from the app store. You have the most current version. :)

Thank you. I checked and there were no updates shown. The version I downloaded is still having a bit of an issue pulling images but once they are in memory, it works with just the usual hiccups I find on Storm8 games with resetting. Yes, I do follow all the suggestions about visiting neighbours in between actions etc. I had lots of spoiled food, of course due to the glitches.

marshawei
01-21-16, 03:58 AM
Hi! I have just updated to the latest version 1.7.7 playing on iOS 8, mini iPad. Was forced to do so since i cannot access my games since yesterday. From my previous version (which had still team lava logo on its app icon), i am now on storm8 version. I would just like to ask if there is a setting where i can change about playing on a vertical view rather than horizontal view? The playing view now is only on horizontal. I have been used to playing with my tablet upright (for 4-5years i think!) rather than sideways. Lols can anybody give me any advice on this? Thanks!

Rynetory2
01-21-16, 07:01 AM
I am sorry but there is no feature for this. FYI the latest IOS is 9.2.1, please try to upgrade your IOS for best performance. Thanks.

KadeeDid
01-21-16, 09:48 AM
Elsa;1238530']When you reinstall the game, you're directly downloading the most current version because it's downloaded directly from the app store. You have the most current version. :)

I usually prefer not to have the latest version until bugs are worked out. Same with iOS. Apple is notorious for releasing buggy versions. (Microsoft too!) I like to test on a device that is not used for important purposes. With a whole family of geeks and IT professionals, we usually have spare devices to play with. Latest BS and RS have some annoying issues such as not being able to choose the gift to send without clicking on the sidebar menu. Accepting a gift and trying to Gift Back does not allow one to send the gift received. I think on BS, it chooses Drip Pan and on RS, it is purple nozzle. Images are taking a long time to show up too. Some other bugs are improved though.