PDA

View Full Version : New Legendary: Garnet Griffin 1/19/16

Sandybellee
01-19-16, 12:43 PM
On sale for 50% off for a limited time.

Breeding time 48 hours.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/225176bd-f957-460e-9a9b-77fe4a2f21b0_zpsyf15vmeo.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/225176bd-f957-460e-9a9b-77fe4a2f21b0_zpsyf15vmeo.png.html)

Sandybellee
01-19-16, 12:46 PM
Yaaaay!!! So happy to have a new gem hybrid to try for! This is definitely what I will focus on now. And the chance of getting Ruby Razorback is a great bonus!

ogreve
01-19-16, 12:56 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
Now THIS is an animal that rocks!!!
Wow! Beautiful and a Legendary!
I'm glad I was already using my free breeding time for aiming for gem hybrids. I was doing gem-earth and I now just started with gem-fire.
First try 1 hour ;)
Also: I'm SO glad to see that the gem goal rewards are back!
TL is scoring good points again with me.
Happy!
Tnx TL!

31aug2002
01-19-16, 12:57 PM
I love it !! My focus is going to be on getting this!! I will be. Breeding dark + fire+Crystal unicorn. The fails will give me some of the animals I need. Though the Firefox will be the new armordillo, Plantler , rainguin, conducktor( take your pick) !!!!

31aug2002
01-19-16, 12:58 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
Now THIS is an animal that rocks!!!
Wow! Beautiful and a Legendary!
I'm glad I was already using my free breeding time for aiming for gem hybrids. I was doing gem-earth and I now just started with gem-fire.
First try 1 hour ;)
Also: I'm SO glad to see that the gem goal rewards are back!
TL is scoring good points again with me.
Happy!
Tnx TL!

Agree with you 100 % !!!

RowanaFarrin
01-19-16, 01:00 PM
This one is very lovely! ^_^ I look forward to trying for one someday, once I hopefully breed a crystal unicorn. The lack of any new limited creatures though does mean more crystal unicorn breeding time!

Good luck all!

jojopeanut
01-19-16, 01:03 PM
I'm very excited to try for this will be my first Hybrid. My 1st try 1 HR He's gorgeous!!! Can you imagine the battle potential.

goodsoul76
01-19-16, 01:03 PM
I got a 48 hour timer with a unicorn and the pony...

Guess I'm done with the storybook at this point as I can't speed my way through the breeding.....I should have thought that through a bit! But seriously....I never would have thought I would get it on the first try!

Sandybellee
01-19-16, 01:04 PM

Oh wow! That must be it! That's a looong time to wait. But big congrats on getting it so soon!!! (I added the breeding time to the first post.)

ogreve
01-19-16, 01:17 PM

Guess I'm done with the storybook at this point as I can't speed my way through the breeding.....I should have thought that through a bit! But seriously....I never would have thought I would get it on the first try!

Big congrats!!!
WOW that was quick!
Something tells me it will take me quite a bit longer to get this (if I get it at all, that is)...:D
But.. It'll definitely be exciting to try for it!
Never mind the Storybook; you just got a very unique first! :D
I'm really curious about the egg too, I bet it's beautiful!

SmaugyHobit
01-19-16, 02:07 PM
What a gorgeous surprise to see after I got home from school! I'm definitely trying for this once I have free time

jojopeanut
01-19-16, 02:27 PM
The 1 HR fails are great. No bombs though.

cardinalpsy
01-19-16, 02:37 PM
Got this one after my 10th attempt with pyro pony and crystal unicorn. Got a ruby razorback among the pyro ponies fails. Not too impressed with the egg design. Good luck everyone.:)

LonePudding
01-19-16, 02:39 PM
So is this one not limited..? I'm not sure if I want to try for it right now but of course if it's limited I'll go for it.

BBragg15
01-19-16, 02:50 PM
How is one to get this if you don't have a crystal creature?

chipspice3
01-19-16, 03:09 PM
I got 48 hours breeding on my first try. That has never happened before! Only problem is i still have 5 chapters to go on the current quest so I hope theres no more breeding tasks!

SmaugyHobit
01-19-16, 03:12 PM
How is one to get this if you don't have a crystal creature?

You need to have a Crystal Unicorn first before you can breed any gem hybrids

ninasidstorm8
01-19-16, 03:18 PM
You need to have a Crystal Unicorn first before you can breed any gem hybrids

That is not quite true. The only way to get a Gem Hybrid without buying one is to breed a Crystal Unicorn first. However, if you purchase a Gem Hybrid, you can use it to breed others.

ogreve
01-19-16, 03:52 PM
Got this one after my 10th attempt with pyro pony and crystal unicorn. Got a ruby razorback among the pyro ponies fails. Not too impressed with the egg design. Good luck everyone.:)

Nice!
That was very quick too, and with a Ruby added into the mix. :P
The egg reminds me of the Hot Dog egg...
I'm seriously considering doing a bit of speed breeding for it too, but the odds are not all that great of course.
Perhaps I'd better sit on my hands...

Clark_Wayne
01-19-16, 05:41 PM
i hate when they do that during tales event ! :mad:

Drachenia
01-19-16, 06:04 PM
i hate when they do that during tales event ! :mad:

Yes I agree with you Clark_Wayne. I have problems because I sold all the common animals. I just have Pyro Pony, have no more land extension and TL gives us no answer. I have breeding with Jade Kirin / Ruby Razorback get 3x Firefox. Now I breed with Pyro Pony / Crystal Unicorn get Pyro pony, but I can not continue consistently to breeding because the Storybook.

matiasabad94
01-19-16, 07:56 PM
Oh well.

http://i64.tinypic.com/t4v80k.png

mariyana2014
01-19-16, 09:24 PM
Wow it is a very nice animal!

but I got 42 hours timer just two hours before it comes to the market! so, it will be hard for me to breed this animal because first I have to breed a Firefox for storybook after my Pearl Peryton. :):D

Scangelina
01-19-16, 09:34 PM
I know it says the Garnet Griffin is on sale 50% off for a limited time, but does anyone know if it's a limited time animal?

MaribouMay
01-20-16, 12:06 AM
Lovely! I am looking forward to trying for this one. I don't have a Ruby Razorback either so I would be happy to get either! I wish it wasn't happening during Storybook, but that won't stop me from trying for it as soon as my nest is clear.

31aug2002
01-20-16, 02:42 AM
Congratulations to all who have got it!!
I see a little speed breeding happening in my forest, but first I need to get that pesky Firefox for the storybook. Right now am breeding an ember bear which will be sold off ...lets see..
Come on TL give me a gem sale!!

Sandybellee
01-20-16, 04:25 AM
I know it says the Garnet Griffin is on sale 50% off for a limited time, but does anyone know if it's a limited time animal?

I'm certain it's not limited. They've introduced a second gem hybrid for water and nature before this one and each was on a limited time sale (Pearl Peryton, QQ).

Edit: it's not even marked as limited in the shop.

Ratisorn
01-20-16, 08:53 AM
Wow it is a very nice animal!

but I got 42 hours timer just two hours before it comes to the market! so, it will be hard for me to breed this animal because first I have to breed a Firefox for storybook after my Pearl Peryton. :):D

Not bad,I hope it a Pearl Peryton

orleansparish
01-20-16, 12:24 PM
I tried for this and got the other crystal hybrid. Im SO excited! I never got any and tried so many times. This will excite and spoil me to try some more.

Sandybellee
01-20-16, 01:19 PM
I tried for this and got the other crystal hybrid. Im SO excited! I never got any and tried so many times. This will excite and spoil me to try some more.

Yay! Congrats! That's so exciting. Let's hope you get another one very soon. :)

MaribouMay
01-20-16, 03:44 PM
My first try got a 1 hour timer. Not a surprise. The odd part is that it would cost 5 gems to finish breeding right away. ????

Is this normal for a Pyro Pony? It was 1 gem for 1 hour on the Plantlers I just put on the nest.

ninasidstorm8
01-20-16, 03:55 PM
My first try got a 1 hour timer. Not a surprise. The odd part is that it would cost 5 gems to finish breeding right away. ????

Is this normal for a Pyro Pony? It was 1 gem for 1 hour on the Plantlers I just put on the nest.

I think so, That was the same thing I saw with a Crystal Unicorn and Pandaffodil. If you watch closely, the cost will be reduced by 1 gem every 12 minutes.

Sandybellee
01-20-16, 03:55 PM

Yes, that's normal with Crystal Unicorn x Pyro Pony breedings. :p

Sandybellee
01-20-16, 04:00 PM
I've had Pyro Pony fails all day today. Even speeded a few times. But I was pleased to find out you sometimes get 1 bomb for the 1 hour breedings! I managed to get 4 bombs today!

Another positive thing to having the egg on the nest just for a few seconds is that you can hatch something from storage overnight. I'm trying to decide right now who the lucky creature is tonight! ;) Tough choice!

MaribouMay
01-20-16, 04:15 PM
Yes, that's normal with Crystal Unicorn x Pyro Pony breedings. :p

Thank you Sandybelle and ninastorm8. I was worried that all animals would now be 5 gems per hour.

jojopeanut
01-20-16, 05:02 PM
HA! I like trying for Hybrids. Fun I'm using different combos with fire as I don't have any yet. Think I breed my first Ember Bear even though he's common I didn't have him yet 13HRS. Oh and a falby earlier on the nest. I'm happy with these fails as well. Silly some common and rares you could never breed then one day BOOM!

I'll be even happier with a hybrid though :p

federerGOAT
01-20-16, 05:38 PM
Congrats to everyone that have been successful.
Seven fails so far. Good thing it's only one hour but bummer that it costs five gems to speed up.

MaribouMay
01-20-16, 06:17 PM
Congrats to everyone that have been successful.
Seven fails so far. Good thing it's only one hour but bummer that it costs five gems to speed up.

Indeed. Though part of me is happy it costs 5 gems as it keeps me from spending my gems. I want to save up for the new habitat while it is on sale.

Clark_Wayne
01-20-16, 06:22 PM
yes this is not fair : with regular animals , speeding 1h cost only 1 gem :(
wth speeding a pyro pony cost 5 gems ?! another greedy trick :mad:

MaribouMay
01-20-16, 08:53 PM
yes this is not fair : with regular animals , speeding 1h cost only 1 gem :(
wth speeding a pyro pony cost 5 gems ?! another greedy trick :mad:

Maybe, but it is hard to complain about a one hour fail AND it is the only fail that isn't a gem hybrid.

HappyHeartBakery
01-20-16, 09:50 PM
So my 1st attempt was a pyro pony. Attempt 2 - 45 hr ruby razorback ;). So excited for this fail my 1st bred gem animal (after trying forever fir the unicorn I broke down & bought one when they were on sale). So ruby breeding & weasel from storybook in nest. I can totally make this work with the storybook;)

ninasidstorm8
01-20-16, 10:32 PM
Congratulations!!! Hopefully you will be able to breed a Rainguin for Chapter 9 Act 2 on the first try.

matiasabad94
01-20-16, 10:32 PM
So my 1st attempt was a pyro pony. Attempt 2 - 45 hr ruby razorback ;). So excited for this fail my 1st bred gem animal (after trying forever fir the unicorn I broke down & bought one when they were on sale). So ruby breeding & weasel from storybook in nest. I can totally make this work with the storybook;)

That's the spirit! I like you already!

Sandybellee
01-21-16, 03:59 AM
Congrats to everyone with gem hybrid breedings! :)

I just put in my first try for today after speeding the last 5 hours of Fluffy hatching off the nest.

I must say I'm really liking this - getting so many attempts in one day and being able to hatch something from storage overnight.

ogreve
01-21-16, 07:16 AM
Nothing yet for me.... I've been putting in back-to-back attempts since its release using the Unicorn + Pyro Pony and also with Ruby + Ruby and Ruby + Unicorn. I'm now some 30 attempts in, I think. I may try Ruby + Pyro too. :P
Either way, I don't think it really matters much which of these combinations is chosen. It IS an ultra rare, of course, so for all I know I may still not have it after trying 100+ times. But... I'll certainly keep ***ning for it!

As for the 5 gem speeding cost: it is my understanding that when the gem hybrids were just introduced there were several players who were luck enough to have a Crystal Unicorn and that they then could breed that with the Pony or Pandaffodil, resulting in 10 seconds fails, making it VERY easy to breed these out, with some persistence. ;)
AFAIK the breeding time for gem + fire, nature and earth was then set to 1 hour. I'm not sure if it then had a speeding cost of 1 gem or 5. The 5 gems is obviously done so people don't buy a 250 gem pack and speed-breed out these three hybrids in the blink of an eye.
Bummer for us who couldn't jump onto "the gem-train" until much later, of course...:D

Scangelina
01-21-16, 08:26 AM
So is this one not limited..? I'm not sure if I want to try for it right now but of course if it's limited I'll go for it.

I'm certain it's not limited. They've introduced a second gem hybrid for water and nature before this one and each was on a limited time sale (Pearl Peryton, QQ).

Edit: it's not even marked as limited in the shop.

Thanks for putting your opinion out there. I haven't had any luck breeding a crystal unicorn & was actually considering buying this gem animal, but don't know if I want to fork out the $ for the gems to get it, if it's not limited. At least there's a gem sale today so I'll think about it.

31aug2002
01-21-16, 12:33 PM
My Crystal unicorns and pyro pony have been working non stop on both my account, still no sight of the gem hybrid...but I ain't giving up yet...come on Griffin, I wouldn't mind a ruby razorback fail also..

HappyHeartBakery
01-21-16, 03:22 PM
That's the spirit! I like you already!

LOL;). Thanks guys!! I'm confident it won't take too long to hatch a Rainguin. I've been pretty lucky breeding for the storybook so far. Either way, very excited to have a new gem animal for my Arsenal.

federerGOAT
01-21-16, 04:35 PM
30+ fails and 20 gems used.
It's a good thing that it costs 5 gems to speed, I would be speeding it after each fail otherwise.
Would give this another day before having to try to hatch the next animal for the story book.

Sandybellee
01-21-16, 05:04 PM
No luck for me either today. Taking avantage of the empty nest again and hatching Jackalope Frost overnight.

BlueCanary
01-22-16, 08:44 AM
Got it third try! Usually I have horrible luck with the gem hybrids :)

ninasidstorm8
01-22-16, 08:53 AM
Got it third try! Usually I have horrible luck with the gem hybrids :)

Congratulations!!!

HappyHeartBakery
01-22-16, 11:29 AM
LOL;). Thanks guys!! I'm confident it won't take too long to hatch a Rainguin. I've been pretty lucky breeding for the storybook so far. Either way, very excited to have a new gem animal for my Arsenal.

So my update: beautiful ruby razorback in the nest & got the Rainguin on the 1st attempt for storybook so she's hatching. Mow to not waste too many gems speeding Ruby off the nest to finish up the storybook. I've got my weasel leveled up to 15 already, so it's just hatching, feeding, & collects ting buttons;). Then onto trying for the new garnet (or whatever else today's update brings

ninasidstorm8
01-22-16, 12:25 PM
So my update: beautiful ruby razorback in the nest & got the Rainguin on the 1st attempt for storybook so she's hatching. Mow to not waste too many gems speeding Ruby off the nest to finish up the storybook. I've got my weasel leveled up to 15 already, so it's just hatching, feeding, & collects ting buttons;). Then onto trying for the new garnet (or whatever else today's update brings

Glad to hear that everything worked out.

rjazz
01-22-16, 04:30 PM
Whoohoo I got it last night. Lots of Unicorn & Pyro Pony tries! I don't have Ruby either so that would have worked for me too. Although I like this one better!

jojopeanut
01-23-16, 02:56 PM
Help I wanted to breed Crystal Unicorn with my only other ultra rare Gretal. I know there are other gem hybrid options that COULD result from this. However Gretel does NOT show up in the list for breeding. I know you can't breed another Gretel but is she completely unusable for breeding?

I have force closed the game several times trying to see if she will show up in the list.

Sandybellee
01-23-16, 03:12 PM
Help I wanted to breed Crystal Unicorn with my only other ultra rare Gretal. I know there are other gem hybrid options that COULD result from this. However Gretel does NOT show up in the list for breeding. I know you can't breed another Gretel but is she completely unusable for breeding?

I have force closed the game several times trying to see if she will show up in the list.

Unfortunately you can't use any of the water-fire animals for breeding. But you can use any four elements to try for a Unicorn.

You can only get gem hybrids with the gem element already present in one of the parents. So to get a gem hybrid you need a Unicorn or another gem hybrid and then breed that with another animal.

jojopeanut
01-23-16, 03:21 PM
Unfortunately you can't use any of the water-fire animals for breeding. But you can use any four elements to try for a Unicorn.

You can only get gem hybrids with the gem element already present in one of the parents. So to get a gem hybrid you need a Unicorn or another gem hybrid and then breed that with another animal.
Thank you alot. :) I'm still fairly new to the game I was feeling very frustrated over this. I also hope S8 reconsiders this someday.

MissusEmm
01-23-16, 06:48 PM
A little bit excited, I got my first hybrid breeding now! Doesn't really work with the storybook so I'll push it out as long as I can to use least amount of gems possibly so now I can try for the turtle thing :)

Before I really understood the game I somehow fluked a CU, and bred another one a week or two ago (whilst trying for some of the returns animals I think) so happy to have one purely for breeding when tournaments occur.

And yay for more bombs to expand as I'm running out of room and have heaps of animals in storage - and I'm not even as expanded as other players!!!!

federerGOAT
01-23-16, 09:43 PM
Finished with the storybook breeding back into full swing for this.
Two fails so far on top of the 40+ from previos attempts.

skeexix
01-24-16, 12:59 PM
Over 200 hundred attempts so far, coupled with previous attempts I've bred a Crystal Unicorn over 500 times with no gem hybrid. Good Grief!

ogreve
01-24-16, 01:36 PM
As we say over here in The Netherlands: "Who persists, wins"...:) :) :)

It has taken me an estimated 70 or so attempts but I've got it now!
I'm very happy with it and it still was quicker than I had expected.
I think I'll use the free nest time for hatching several of the animals I have in storage. I'll take a look at what I want to hatch first.
On another happy note, I had built up such a big food reserve that I finally fed my last Egypt animal to the level where it is now evolving to epic level (the Sobek). This is the first set of animals of which I've brought everything to epic level; I still think that one was the coolest world event so far.
Now I'm back to making sure I'll have enough food to directly raise the Griffin to epic level too; plenty of time for that in light of the long breeding, hatching and evolution timers. In fact, I should still have well enough left after the storybook which is good because I also want to bring my winter Equifox to epic level now. It's already at level 10. I see no problems.
It's kinda refreshing to take matters lightly and not feel stressed over going for all of the Yalbas.
Now let's see what this new Zodiac element will bring.
If we get some more free breeding time, I'll probably aim for the Obsidian Cyclops next...

Sandybellee
01-24-16, 01:43 PM

I think I'll use the free nest time for hatching several of the animals I have in storage. I'll take a look at what I want to hatch first.
On another happy note, I had built up such a big food reserve that I finally fed my last Egypt animal to the level where it is now evolving to epic level (the Sobek). This is the first set of animals of which I've brought everything to epic level; I still think that one was the coolest world event so far.
Now I'm back to making sure I'll have enough food to directly raise the Griffin to epic level too; plenty of time for that in light of the long breeding, hatching and evolution timers. In fact, I should still have well enough left after the storybook which is good because I also want to bring my winter Equifox to epic level now. It's already at level 10. I see no problems.
It's kinda refreshing to take matters lights and not feel stressed over going for all of the Yalbas.
If we get some more free breeding time, I'll probably aim for the Obsidian Cyclops next...

Congrats!! That's wondeful news! :)

I'm still only getting ponies so far...

@skeexix I'm sorry to hear that! That's a lot of attempts without a gem hybrid! You're definitely overdue to get one - good luck!

ninasidstorm8
01-24-16, 01:48 PM

It's kinda refreshing to take matters lights and not feel stressed over going for all of the Yalbas.

Congratulations, and good luck with the Cyclops.

ogreve
01-24-16, 02:29 PM
@Sandybellee and ninasidstorm8: Thanks! :)
It's so exciting to see this kind of long timer pop up, and even more so as it was released only 5 days ago! :P
The short fails are very refreshing too, that's why my next attempts will most likely be for the Cyclops (as I now have got all of the gem-fire and gem-nature hybrids). After that, it shall almost certainly become gem-water and then the gem-dark and gem-electric ones...
Maybe, just maybe I may start off first with gem-water though, as that one already has 2 hybrids too, so it's not likely that a new one will be released for quite a moon to come, and that combination can give two hybrids. With the ones that can give only one now there's the "danger" of having to breed that combination again when a new one is released. No problem of course, but still it may be a good idea to first aim for gem-water. Well, I have some 48 hours left to think about that....:P

Drachenia
01-24-16, 03:35 PM

It's kinda refreshing to take matters lightly and not feel stressed over going for all of the Yalbas.

Oh, I am happy for you Olavo. Congratulations on Garnet Griffin. I always get only Pyro Pony and it sucks just wait this 1 hour. TL please again 10 seconds for breeding Pyro Pony

insomniadreams88
01-25-16, 06:52 AM
So many 1 hour breeding times. *Finally* at least got a Ruby Razorback, which I had been trying for for a few months now every so often.

ogreve
01-25-16, 07:13 AM
@Drachenia: Thanks! I don't think TL will change the breeding time back to 10 seconds, as they precisely did it the other way round to prevent people from all too easily breeding these hybrids. A 10 seconds breeding time gives a theoretical maximum of 6 * 10 * 60 = 360 attempts per hour (in case there would be absolutely no delay in between each attempt). Still, when taking small delays into account it should then be possible to do around 300 breedings per hour. With a roughly guesstimated 1% chance at breeding an ultra rare, that would average out to a theoretical expected amount of 3 Rubies per hour (not counting the breeding and hatching time). With such odds, I can indeed understand TL deciding that those odds are a bit all too easy for obtaining a gem ultra rare. ;)
I would have liked the speeding cost of that 1 hour breeding time to just be 1 gem though. That way for a reasonable cost we could do (gem-paid!) speeding for them... We can do that now too, but for the 5 gems it costs to do that I prefer to just wait the 1 hour.

@insomniadreams88: Congrats! I love the Ruby Razorbacks! They're really cool and bold/bodacious animals. I like the solemnly stern and fierce look they have on their faces. It makes them look like animals that are best left not messed around with. :)

calvinxx
01-25-16, 10:13 AM

Congrats ogreve!! I agree that 70 attempts is actually fairly soon for a gem-hybrid. I'm still plugging away at it every hour but haven't been counting my attempts. I'm dreading a RR fail as I already have one and don't keep duplicates so I have my fingers crossed every time to see that 48h timer lol
Also congrats on getting the Egypt animals to epic! I recently got the Music trio and Servive trio all to epic level and it felt pretty good. Later today I'll put the Deadwing in the flower and the Skull trio will be entirely epic too! I can't wait for the Zodiac type so I'll need to save some apples to bring whichever one is first to epic as well

Drachenia
01-25-16, 06:02 PM
Hi everybody, I got my 48 hours for my Garnet Griffin. Oh finally, it took me already annoyed with this one hour breeding Pyro Pony and 10 seconds in the nest. Good luck in breeding

jojopeanut
01-25-16, 07:00 PM
I'm calling it quits for now after my next hour finishes. Countless fails. I'll try for the limited turtle before it's gone. Plus I need bombs the ratio for 1HR is few and far between.

31aug2002
01-25-16, 08:16 PM
Congratulations to Olafo and Drachenia!!
My attempts are still underway!!
Well got a ruby razorback on my android account this morning , so still hopeful !!

ogreve
01-26-16, 01:59 AM
Congrats ogreve!! I agree that 70 attempts is actually fairly soon for a gem-hybrid. I'm still plugging away at it every hour but haven't been counting my attempts. I'm dreading a RR fail as I already have one and don't keep duplicates so I have my fingers crossed every time to see that 48h timer lol
Also congrats on getting the Egypt animals to epic! I recently got the Music trio and Servive trio all to epic level and it felt pretty good. Later today I'll put the Deadwing in the flower and the Skull trio will be entirely epic too! I can't wait for the Zodiac type so I'll need to save some apples to bring whichever one is first to epic as well

Thanks (also to the others who sent congrats, like 31aug2002)!
Yes, it DOES feel good to have all of the Egypt animals at epic level now. The main reasons why I waited so long with the Sobek is that there is hardly a visual difference between the epic form and the normal form and the food costs are those of an ultra rare. As I type this my Winter Equifox is being evolved to epic level. It's really nice to have some time to focus on getting such animals to epic level. My food bank is back to 158K at this moment, so already that's enough to do back-to-back feedings/evolving of the Garnet Griffin. It still has 11 hours of den time to go, and at this moment I don't have plans for speeding anything (unless tonight's update gives me a VERY good reason to do so), so it will still take about a week or so before it's likely to be at epic level. In the meantime I'll work on building up my regular food reserve so I can have around 150K in reserve again, just on the odd chance that it will be needed for something like a different gem animal or a goal line or so.
I'm curious as to this whole Zodiac thing. I wonder what it will involve. I'm guessing simply a specific breeding formula, but who knows...

On a 'goal note': It's so great to see that 48 hours timer finally pop up. Wow. The longest timer so far! But... in light of that it's really a pity that the 10-gem goal only lasts 1 week! It expires around the time that my breeding of it ends, and AFAIK for these gem goals moving the egg to the nest does NOT count as "hatching". :(
To those who did breed it before: can you tell me if the gem goal was awarded when moving the egg to the nest, or only when the hatching of the egg was finished, and the animal was moved to a habitat?

@Drachenia: massive congrats on having bred the Garnet Griffin too! :)

mrhammy48
01-26-16, 10:56 AM
So excited! Just got the 48 hr timer! My first gem hybrid.

Sandybellee
01-26-16, 11:05 AM
So excited! Just got the 48 hr timer! My first gem hybrid.

Yay! Congrats!!! It's super exciting to get the first one - enjoy! :)

mrhammy48
01-26-16, 11:27 AM
Yay! Congrats!!! It's super exciting to get the first one - enjoy! :)

Yes it is! Thanks! It's good to see that players are having some luck with this one.

ogreve
01-26-16, 01:37 PM
Congrats to you too!
I sat out the entire 48 hours of breeding time and just moved the egg to the nest minutes ago. It's nice to see it on the nest!
Oddly enough I got 9 bombs instead of 8. I still don't fully understand the bomb count, but I think that it works as follows: there's a guaranteed 1 bomb for every 6 hours of breeding time and then there's a proportional chance for 1 (more) bomb for every remaining fraction of 6 hours. The odd thing then is that you can STILL get one additional bomb even if the breeding time was an exact multiple of 6. Very odd. It seems that for those breedings that are an exact multiple of 6 hours a differently calculated chance exists at getting an additional bomb. In my entire FFS playing time I've had that happen some 5-7 times (IIRC), so it's a pretty darn rare occurrence, but it does happen at times.

natxjkkggg
01-26-16, 02:21 PM
Hello Olaf,
Is the Garnet Griffin now more difficult to breed as during the last 10 days??

ogreve
01-26-16, 03:15 PM
Hello Olaf,
Is the Garnet Griffin now more difficult to breed as during the last 10 days??

I honestly don't know. There are some theories that super rares and ultra rares are easier to breed during world events and trios but I don't know if it's true or not. I myself am assuming that the odds are the same, but I can't be sure of course. My two Rubies came very easily during the previous Storybook, but that was also when I had just started breeding with the Crystal Unicorn, so it's really hard to say either way round.

kooky panda
01-26-16, 03:22 PM
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/225176bd-f957-460e-9a9b-77fe4a2f21b0_zpsyf15vmeo.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/225176bd-f957-460e-9a9b-77fe4a2f21b0_zpsyf15vmeo.png.html)

Sandybellee
01-27-16, 02:13 PM

Congrats, Kooky!! :)

I hope I can get it before Friday's update...

Drachenia
01-27-16, 02:21 PM

Congratulations Kooky, my is sits on the Nest :D

ogreve
01-28-16, 01:25 AM
Many congrats Kooky!
Mine is currently on the nest too. 12 more hours to go as I type this, so it shall be conveniently done before tomorrow's update. It even gives me a little bit of free breeding time which I think I'll use for gem-earth breeding, as that is likely to give short fails, and if a 45 hour timer pops up, so much the better and I'll just gem-accommodate the breeding/hatching of it if necessary...

Sandybellee
01-28-16, 04:31 AM
Well over a hundred attempts so far... Come on Garnet and Ruby! I'd be equally happy with either one of you! Please come live in my forest! Pretty please!

Sandybellee
01-30-16, 04:43 PM
It's ironic and a bit annoying that I got Crusader (a diamond-fire hybrid which is equal to FFS gem-fire hybrids) on DS tonight after just three minutes of trying (fails are 10 seconds) and I still haven't got Garnet or Ruby despite constant trying since Garnet was released... Really wish the fails were 10 seconds here as well! (I am over the moon about getting Crusader, though! Yay!)

Anyway, carrying on! (Crystal Unicorn and Pyro Pony must be getting exhausted, though!)

ogreve
01-30-16, 10:36 PM
Big congrats on your DS luck! :)
I think you just named exactly WHY in FFS these fails are no longer 10 seconds. Allegedly when these hybrids were first released the gem-fire and gem-nature breedings were indeed 10 seconds and quite a few players then got them a bit all too easily...
I kinda understand TL's decision there, but it would be great if indeed they'd still take only 10 seconds.
I really wished the speeding cost were only one gem. As soon as I have the Chilly Goat on the nest for the Aquarius goal line I want to get back to breeding for the Cyclops. It would be great if speeding were an option, but 5 gems for speeding the breeding and then 2 for speeding the hatching makes me prefer to wait it all out, at least the entire hour of breeding. I do often speed the second hour of hatching time away, at only a cost of one gem then.

ninasidstorm8
01-31-16, 09:18 AM
It's ironic and a bit annoying that I got Crusader (a diamond-fire hybrid which is equal to FFS gem-fire hybrids) on DS tonight after just three minutes of trying (fails are 10 seconds) and I still haven't got Garnet or Ruby despite constant trying since Garnet was released... Really wish the fails were 10 seconds here as well! (I am over the moon about getting Crusader, though! Yay!)

Anyway, carrying on! (Crystal Unicorn and Pyro Pony must be getting exhausted, though!)

Congratulations on the Crusader, it took me about 10 hours of almost constant playing to get mine

I remember when the change was made for the Crystal Unicorn Pyro Pony/Pandaffodil breeding combinations. The reason given was to maintain balance in the game. Some players were complaining about the fact that players with a Unicorn had managed to move so much further ahead than others since the coin production is so much more for the Gem animals. Then there was a mistake made when the Ruby Razorback was first released. If you bred a Ruby Razorback with a Crystal Unicorn, the fail was always a Ruby Razorback. Ironically, I think a lot of the players that were able to take advantage of the situation have left the game. They probably ran in to expansion issues early on since their game progess was accelerated.

I think TL/S8 should have left things alone. They work fine in DS. Even though the fail times are short, you pretty much need a free day on average to breed an animal with a 10/20 second breed time. Much like planting Aurora Apples to get food. Unless you are lucky, it still takes quite a bit of effort to breed one. After all, breeding the Crystal Unicorn is hard enough, to mess the the breeding rules to make two sets of Gem hybrids harder to get doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I just bred my first Gem Hybrid on attempt 278 since last May when I first bred a Crystal Unicorn.

Sandybellee
02-01-16, 03:41 AM
Thanks! :)
Thanks for the background info as well. I can understand how it made a huge difference at the early stages of the game with coin production and therefore maybe being able to expand too easily. (I don't get why people always tend to complain about other players progress though since we are not competing against each other, but that's a whole another issue :p).

Yes - it's definitely hard enough to breed a Unicorn and then a hybrid no matter how short the fails are. I feel very lucky to have the ones I have!

Good luck with gem breeding - may another hybrid follow your Cyclops soon! :)

ogreve
02-01-16, 04:02 AM
Thanks! :)
Thanks for the background info as well. I can understand how it made a huge difference at the early stages of the game with coin production and therefore maybe being able to expand too easily. (I don't get why people always tend to complain about other players progress though since we are not competing against each other, but that's a whole another issue :p).

Yes - it's definitely hard enough to breed a Unicorn and then a hybrid no matter how short the fails are. I feel very lucky to have the ones I have!

Good luck with gem breeding - may another hybrid follow your Cyclops soon! :)

Sadly, envious people will always exist... There's always someone saying something like "hey, no fair, those people have got this and that and I don't..". I don't know what they expect will happen when they do that. Perhaps they THINK that TL (or any company/person for that matter) will then think "oh yeah, the fella/gal is right, we have done them a great wrong, let's make it all right by giving them a free Unicorn so they too can join in that fun". Instead, what they really cause is that they ruin it for all of us who follow, by having caused the breeding rules to have been made "fairer"... :/
Anyway, I guess this is something I'll never understand in real life...

As for gem breeding: game on!
I just moved my Chilly Goat egg to the nest and put in another gem-earth breeding and got... 1 hour. ;)
I'll happily keep cracking away at it!
Good luck to us all! :)

kooky panda
02-01-16, 09:18 AM
Hey guys the thread is swaying off topic. Please keep you posts to the Garnet Griffin animal.
There are other threads to discuss breeding.

Thanks

calvinxx
02-01-16, 09:49 AM
Until tomorrow's update ill be alternating tries for the griffin and tries for the QQ! I haven't counted how many griffin tries I've put it but since it's release I've only stopped to breed 3 turtisles. I just wish I would see something other than 0:59 :(

ThynaSmith
02-01-16, 11:06 AM
Wow, many congrats to all of you who got it! It's one of FFS coolest animals ever!!
I guess S8 heard our complaints and started the year with a lot of cool stuff.

natxjkkggg
02-02-16, 07:50 AM
I am speechless, after many, many tries I got this 48 Timer. After breeding my first CU month ago is this my First breeded gemhybrid!!!

Sandybellee
02-02-16, 08:18 AM
I am speechless, after many, many tries I got this 48 Timer. After breeding my first CU month ago is this my First gemhybrid!!!

Congrats! How exciting! :)

ogreve
02-02-16, 09:35 AM
I am speechless, after many, many tries I got this 48 Timer. After breeding my first CU month ago is this my First gemhybrid!!!

Excellent! Many congrats!
Cool to see that you too got it! :)

ninasidstorm8
02-02-16, 10:01 AM
I am speechless, after many, many tries I got this 48 Timer. After breeding my first CU month ago is this my First breeded gemhybrid!!!

Congratulations!!!

natxjkkggg
02-02-16, 10:28 AM
Very very happy for Your congratulations. I still watch my den every few minutes and look if it hasn't been a dream only.

calvinxx
02-04-16, 08:27 PM
OMG GUYS I GOT IT!!! Been trying almost non stop since release!!! Still the fastest I've ever gotten a gem hybrid!!! I also got an Obsidian Cyclops fail on Tuesday when I was speeding for the Love Bug so I didn't think another gem hybrid was coming anytime soon. I'm so happy and pumped for tomorrow's update! :)

jojopeanut
02-04-16, 08:45 PM
OMG GUYS I GOT IT!!! Been trying almost non stop since release!!! Still the fastest I've ever gotten a gem hybrid!!! I also got an Obsidian Cyclops fail on Tuesday when I was speeding for the Love Bug so I didn't think another gem hybrid was coming anytime soon. I'm so happy and pumped for tomorrow's update! :)

OMG!!!! Congraulations!! 2 Gem hybrids in a week.. AMAZING!! What a lucky streak..

ninasidstorm8
02-04-16, 09:20 PM

Congratulations!!!

Sandybellee
02-05-16, 03:35 AM

Congrats! I'm still hoping to see that timer pop up.

31aug2002
02-09-16, 10:21 PM
Talk about bad timing!! But I will take this one any day!!
Have been trying for the Garnet Griffin since the day it was released . In fact all my attempts for any of the released animals are with a Crystal unicorn to give me a chance to give an ultra rare. So with that in mind I have been using the CU with various animals with electri/ fire to get the Kitty kiss , the 2nd of the trio.
Today after my umpteenth fire glider fail I put in the Hareon with my CU and up pops this
Well in 96 hrs my forest will have a new gem hybrid !! Yay . If I don't speed it up , that is!!

jojopeanut
02-12-16, 08:40 PM
I was lucky enough earlier in the week to breed this. My only ultra rare GEM Hybrid. And he disappoint in the Tournment arena I absolutely love this animal. And his attack is so smooth.