PDA

View Full Version : Cider House, Grapevines and Grapes - Jan 21, 2016

Pages : [1] 2

judyandthecat
01-18-16, 04:21 PM
The new building will be a cider house and it will be available to use after the event!

1. The coin version of the Grape Vines is permanent and will be staying after the event ends.
2. The Grape Jelly and Jelly Donut crafts will be removed at the end of the event.

Minimum level is 17 and it's iOS only. However, Android will have access to some of the content - just not the quests or a few of the items. Some limited time content will be removed after the event.

Grape vine gives 1 grape every 2 hours. The gilded grapevine gives 1 grape every 2 hours and are permanent. (Rynetory2)

http://i66.tinypic.com/rvzog6.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/skyj2r.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2cwtsn8.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/2mwaxxg.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2hxarue.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/5drqmv.jpg

Thank you for sharing the next step shedenh

http://i65.tinypic.com/fu3wk5.jpg

Thank you for sharing the next two steps noemata!

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dmdzz7.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/20sab0g.jpg

judyandthecat
01-18-16, 04:23 PM
Recipes in the cider house!

Apple Cider
1 Apple
1 white sugar
45 minutes

Grape Cider
2 green grapes
2 purple grapes
1 white sugar
1 hour 30 minutes

Orange Cider
2 Oranges
1 white sugar
1 hour

Pear Cider - Available at level 61 (Rynetory2)
2 pears
1 white sugar
3 hours 30 minutes

Recipes in the Kitchen

Grape Jelly ( can be made in jelly maker or the kitchen)
2 purple grapes
3 green grapes
1 white sugar
1 hour 40 minutes

Raisins
1 purple grape
1 hour 30 minutes

Grape Tart
4 purple grapes
4 green grapes
1 white sugar
1 white flour
4 hours

Recipes in the Bakery

Raisin Bread
2 raisins
1 white sugar
1 flour
1 egg
4 hours 20 minutes

Jelly Donut
2 jars grape jelly
1 milk
3 white sugar
2 eggs
45 minutes

I can't see name of items made yet just pics so I called the item what it looked like to me and will put the correct name when I know it on each recipe

noemata
01-19-16, 01:48 AM
Would be nice if new event building(s) and recipes became part of the game after the event is over.........

JojoMoonflower
01-19-16, 06:01 AM
Looks like cranberries in a grinder.

jdgrozda
01-19-16, 05:03 PM
cool, I'm excited!

Rynetory2
01-19-16, 08:13 PM
Cant wait for this event to start! Love goal events. :D Plus a new building to boot.

farmiemom
01-20-16, 04:57 AM
Is a quest event one of those new ones like New Yeard and the County Fair where you have 24 hours to get enough stars and unlock the next day? Or is it one where you have to craft/give/find items on your farm to complete the goals? Or could it be either and we just don't know yet haha? Just thinking about how to best prepare. :)

Niire
01-20-16, 07:04 AM
I'd love this as well! BUT...gotta ask, before I get all giddy...is it IOS only? Because I am a droid user, lol...can't afford an Apple atm...:(

Rynetory2
01-20-16, 08:24 AM
Is a quest event one of those new ones like New Yeard and the County Fair where you have 24 hours to get enough stars and unlock the next day? Or is it one where you have to craft/give/find items on your farm to complete the goals? Or could it be either and we just don't know yet haha? Just thinking about how to best prepare. :)

I'm guessing here.. I dont think it's a fair event but more likely "one where you have to craft/give/find items on your farm to complete the goals".

I'd love this as well! BUT...gotta ask, before I get all giddy...is it IOS only? Because I am a droid user, lol...can't afford an Apple atm...:(

I'm checking on this. Hopefully this is for everyone.

Niire
01-20-16, 10:31 AM
I think it may be, like the Ice Cream Truck event that I was very young for, but did get partway through. :D
The reason i ask is because i never saw the advertisement for it on my game, on the winter or regular versions. i am gonna cross my fingers anyways...they did throw us a bone with the holidays deco after all. :)
LOL it might sound sad, but once i do start getting enough money in, I am totally buying an IPad. I play seven Storm8 games right now, and I know 4 of them would benefit from it. :p

tuffyjkitten
01-20-16, 06:53 PM
I got the announcement on the holiday version (with snow) so do we know if we need to update to do the event?

mothernature15
01-21-16, 01:47 AM
Any idea at what time the event is going to start,

judyandthecat
01-21-16, 03:39 AM

In the past most events start at 5:30 pm eastern daylight savings time or about twelve hours from the time of this post.

Rynetory2
01-21-16, 07:09 AM
I got the announcement on the holiday version (with snow) so do we know if we need to update to do the event?

You can either use the regular Farm Story 2 or the Holiday Harvest version. I am currently using the Holiday Harvest version.

FYI event starts at 2:30pm PST and game resets daily at midnight PST.

Rynetory2
01-21-16, 07:10 AM
@judyandthecat: Thanks for starting this event thread and keeping Post #1 updated with event information. :)

mothernature15
01-21-16, 07:35 AM
You can either use the regular Farm Story 2 or the Holiday Harvest version. I am currently using the Holiday Harvest version.

FYI event starts at 2:30pm PST and game resets daily at midnight PST.

Thank you , good luck to all

Rynetory2
01-21-16, 07:46 AM
Thank you , good luck to all

Right back at you too. Have fun and good luck to you and everyone! :)

roguebee
01-21-16, 09:42 AM
So we're working towards a Cider House. Good, another use for apples...

justmine2
01-21-16, 03:36 PM
What did the pop ups say? Mine wouldn't load

ghjvcucjb
01-21-16, 03:37 PM
When does it start? Usually events start by noon Hawaiian time but it's now 1/2 past and I've got nuttin

justmine2
01-21-16, 03:39 PM
Mine started at exactly 5:30pm

FurnasFarms
01-21-16, 03:42 PM
Just started here n Shanghai!
bought a Cider house & grapevines. New recipes too!

ghjvcucjb
01-21-16, 03:43 PM
Just started going live

Grow and harvest grapes

Make crafts to turn in for quests

Complete quests for grape pergola, to get and turn in more grapes for prizes

Mboyde1n
01-21-16, 03:44 PM
When barn is full how do you get rid of stuff

alish00
01-21-16, 03:47 PM

ghjvcucjb
01-21-16, 03:52 PM
When barn is full how do you get rid of stuff

Sell items in your side shop or upgrade

ghjvcucjb
01-21-16, 03:53 PM
The note said to purchase pergolas to harvest grapes PERMANENTLY! Yah! Really wished we could have kept our flowers from that event a year ago so this is awesome

aviona0423
01-21-16, 03:59 PM
Should I buy grapevine now or wait for the quest?

otgland
01-21-16, 04:05 PM
Buy now! They will count. They take two hours to grow😱

aviona0423
01-21-16, 04:06 PM
All right! Thanks!

alish00
01-21-16, 04:47 PM
Anyone bought the gilded grapevine? How fast do grapes grow on that?

judyandthecat
01-21-16, 05:07 PM
I put all recipes in the second post on the first page
At my level 60 I see recipes in the jelly maker, kitchen, bakery and of course the cider house

Apple Cider
1 Apple
1 white sugar
45 minutes

Grape Cider
2 green grapes
2 purple grapes
1 white sugar
1 hour 30 minutes

Orange Cider
2 Oranges
1 white sugar
1 hour

Recipes in the Kitchen

2 purple grapes
3 green grapes
1 white sugar
1 hour 40 minutes

Raisins
1 purple grape
1 hour 30 minutes

Grape Tart
4 purple grapes
4 green grapes
1 white sugar
1 white flour
4 hours

Recipes in the Bakery

Raisin Bread
2 raisins
1 white sugar
1 flour
1 egg
4 hours 20 minutes

Jelly Donut
2 jars grape jelly
1 milk
3 white sugar
2 eggs
45 minutes

I can't see name of items made yet just pics so I called the item what it looked like to me and will put the correct name when I know it on each recipe

alish00
01-21-16, 05:33 PM
Did I miss something.. How do u get the green grapes??

judyandthecat
01-21-16, 05:45 PM
Did I miss something.. How do u get the green grapes??

I bought two grape vines and I just harvested them and after two hours I received one purple grape and one green grape

alish00
01-21-16, 05:46 PM
Hi Judy!

I got two also but when I harvested I got 2 purple! So maybe it's random on what U get?

judyandthecat
01-21-16, 05:54 PM
Hi Judy!

I got two also but when I harvested I got 2 purple! So maybe it's random on what U get?

Yes I think you are right it is random cause I see no identification on either grape vine

Niire
01-21-16, 06:27 PM
Sad that us droid users didn't get the quests...but...I am so thrilled I got a new building, fruits, recipes! Hate I'll miss out on that pagoda though. It would look awesome at the start of my tree trail to the trains. :)

We got, as far as I can tell, all but 2 recipes (quest ones I'd bet), the building, and the grapes (can buy 2 extra vines with gems of course). For any other droid users out there wondering. :D

alish00
01-21-16, 06:43 PM

caron7
01-21-16, 06:51 PM
Anyone bought the gilded grapevine? How fast do grapes grow on that?
They also have a two hour timer.

aviona0423
01-21-16, 06:53 PM
Blah! The harvest I made earlier didn't count for the next quest. 😩😩😩

bss0226
01-21-16, 07:02 PM
I put all recipes in the second post on the first page
At my level 60 I see recipes in the jelly maker, kitchen, bakery and of course the cider house

Apple Cider
1 Apple
1 white sugar
45 minutes

Grape Cider
2 green grapes
2 purple grapes
1 white sugar
1 hour 30 minutes

Orange Cider
2 Oranges
1 white sugar
1 hour

Recipes in the Kitchen

2 purple grapes
3 green grapes
1 white sugar
1 hour 40 minutes

Raisins
1 purple grape
1 hour 30 minutes

Grape Tart
4 purple grapes
4 green grapes
1 white sugar
1 white flour
4 hours

Recipes in the Bakery

Raisin Bread
2 raisins
1 white sugar
1 flour
1 egg
4 hours 20 minutes

Jelly Donut
2 jars grape jelly
1 milk
3 white sugar
2 eggs
45 minutes

There's also a pear cider, level 57 or higher of course since pears start level 57

JessicaCostantini
01-21-16, 07:11 PM
What's the difference with the guilded vines?

alish00
01-21-16, 07:20 PM

Thanks Caron! I see there was a quest if u bought 1 they gave U 25 gems back.. Just cleaned out my stock of gems:(

judyandthecat
01-21-16, 07:20 PM
There's also a pear cider, level 57 or higher of course since pears start level 57

Ok maybe there is a bug then because I am level 60 and I have pear trees but I have no pear cider and I have force closed
@rynetory2 can you check your cider house to see if you have the option to make pear cider and/or if it is a level higher then 60

GNinjin
01-21-16, 07:27 PM
I have the pear cider at level 62, so it may be some level in between there that it unlocks.

Rynetory2
01-21-16, 07:32 PM
Pear cider - 2 pears + 1 white sugar (3hr 30min)

HappyAsA
01-21-16, 07:32 PM
I've only got green grapes so far? So is this random? I want red ones :(

judyandthecat
01-21-16, 07:37 PM
Pear cider - 2 pears + 1 white sugar (3hr 30min)

What level?

Rynetory2
01-21-16, 07:37 PM
What's the difference with the guilded vines?

Both gives grapes every 2 hrs. You get 1 grape every 2 hours per the grape vine. The gilded grapevines give 2 grapes every 2 hours and are permanent.

I've only got green grapes so far? So is this random? I want red ones :(

Yes they are random.

Rynetory2
01-21-16, 07:42 PM
What level?

I'm checking if you can get it at level 61. You can get it at 62 as mentioned by GNinjin.

I have the pear cider at level 62, so it may be some level in between there that it unlocks.

ghjvcucjb
01-21-16, 08:24 PM
Warning: don't collect grapes before the goal to collect pops up. None of mine counted until after the goal appeared.

caron7
01-21-16, 09:14 PM

I got 2 grapes from one gilded vine. I got one grape each from the two coin vines. Both vines have a 2 hr timer. ( Edit: the next two collections from my gilded vine only gave me one grape each. Now I am unsure if two was just a blip on the screen....)

TeabytheSea3
01-21-16, 10:19 PM
Both gives grapes every 2 hrs. You get 1 grape every 2 hours per the grape vine. The gilded grapevines give 2 grapes every 2 hours and are permanent.

Upon collection, my gilded grapevine gave me 1 green grape...not 2 grapes.

mothernature15
01-21-16, 10:26 PM

Yes they are random.

Okay, if I understood correct after the event glided grapevines and the grape paragola will continuously give grapes like crop plots and the recipes in respective crafting buildings will be there for regular game......can you please tell me I am on the right farming track..

bethjoy20
01-21-16, 10:28 PM
Very disappointed that this is only for iOS users again. I love special quests. Also missed out on the Christmas event. Farm Story 2 Powers That Be - Don't Forget Droid! :-D

twospoons
01-21-16, 10:46 PM
Ugh. Reminder to self: check forum first instead of getting excited and purchasing. I'd have skipped the grape vines altogether if I'd known they were limited time and for a quest I can't play!

Rynetory2
01-21-16, 11:12 PM
Upon collection, my gilded grapevine gave me 1 green grape...not 2 grapes.

Thanks for the info. I have updated my note on post #1.

If anyone has more than 2 grapes from the gilded grapevine, please post. Thanks.

Okay, if I understood correct after the event glided grapevines and the grape paragola will continuously give grapes like crop plots and the recipes in respective crafting buildings will be there for regular game......can you please tell me I am on the right farming track..

Yes you are on the right track. :) The gilded grapevines are permanent. The objective of this event is to win the grape pergola, so it'll be permanent after the event. Some time limited content will be gone after the event. I'm checking which items/crafts (if any) are time limited.

Rynetory2
01-21-16, 11:20 PM
Very disappointed that this is only for iOS users again. I love special quests. Also missed out on the Christmas event. Farm Story 2 Powers That Be - Don't Forget Droid! :-D

Ugh. Reminder to self: check forum first instead of getting excited and purchasing. I'd have skipped the grape vines altogether if I'd known they were limited time and for a quest I can't play!

Minimum level is 17 and it's iOS only. However, Android will have access to some of the content - just not the quests or a few of the items. Some limited time content that will be removed after the event.

Grape vine gives 1 grape every 2 hours. The gilded grapevine give 1-2 grapes every 2 hours and are permanent. (Rynetory2)

The Cider House is permanent and so are some of the contents. Although android players arent able to participate in this event, you should be able to get most of these contents. I think an android member reported earlier she had all contents except 2 crafts. Please let us know if otherwise. Thanks.

mothernature15
01-21-16, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the info. I have updated my note on post #1.

If anyone has more than 2 grapes from the gilded grapevine, please post. Thanks.

Yes you are on the right track. :) The gilded grapevines are permanent. The objective of this event is to win the grape pergola, so it'll be permanent after the event. Some time limited content will be gone after the event. I'm checking which items/crafts (if any) are time limited.

Thank you very much, Let's get ready for the vine to the Valentine 😊🍸🍸🍸🌹🌹🌹🌹

Rynetory2
01-21-16, 11:30 PM
Thank you very much, Let's get ready for the vine to the Valentine ����������������

haha love your idea! have fun with your event. :)

aviona0423
01-22-16, 12:16 AM
So the regular grave vine will be gone after the event? What if I got my pergola? Will the pergola be gone too?? I don't have a lot of gems to buy 2 gilded grapevine. 😩😩😩

noemata
01-22-16, 12:52 AM
2x2 squares for just one vine ??!!!!! .....

A Pressing Matter (3 of 6)

A Pressing Matter (4 of 6)

A Pressing Matter (5 of 6)

A Pressing Matter (6 of 6)

HappyAsA
01-22-16, 12:59 AM

Yes they are random.
:mad: reckon it'll be hard getting the red ones for the quest, fingers crossed:rolleyes:

judyandthecat
01-22-16, 02:56 AM
So the regular grave vine will be gone after the event? What if I got my pergola? Will the pergola be gone too?? I don't have a lot of gems to buy 2 gilded grapevine. ������

Has this been verified because I find it hard to believe that the regular grape vines for coins will be gone after the event. This would leave the cider house sitting empty for many players. I don't think though players will be able to make grape jam in the kitchen after the event.

caron7
01-22-16, 03:25 AM
I got 2 grapes from one gilded vine. I got one grape each from the two coin vines. Both vines have a 2 hr timer.

The next two collections from the gilded vine have been only one grape each time. Not sure if two grapes at first was just a glitch on the screen? I do have equal purple and green grapes so far in this event.

yppahc
01-22-16, 03:35 AM
Please can we rotate our vines! (trivial).

Rynetory2
01-22-16, 04:45 AM
The game popup screens mentioned gilded grapevines and grape pergola (event prize) are permanent. So the coin grapevine may not be permanent but I'm checking on this. Sorry for the confusion. Will keep everyone posted.

jumpsforjoy1
01-22-16, 04:53 AM
What is the final prize? Not really interested in working as hard as we have to for some of these events unless the final prize is a pet.

Rynetory2
01-22-16, 05:00 AM
The event prize is the grape pergola which allows you to grow more grapes for crafting in the new Cider House.

hogandale
01-22-16, 05:31 AM
Is anyone else having problems with the new grape press machine? I made grape juice all night, and only two of them counted towards my challenge count. Fortunately the juice is in my barn, so I didn't lose the items, but I can't progress in the challenge. Frustrating!!

noemata
01-22-16, 05:32 AM
Really glad the final prize is not a pet this time....

yppahc
01-22-16, 05:37 AM
I got 2 grapes from one gilded vine. I got one grape each from the two coin vines. Both vines have a 2 hr timer. ( Edit: the next two collections from my gilded vine only gave me one grape each. Now I am unsure if two was just a blip on the screen....)

I just got one grape from the gilded vine. I think the description of it is misleading.....

shedenh
01-22-16, 06:45 AM
Step 3 27960

lnztrekfan
01-22-16, 07:43 AM
Please can we rotate our vines! (trivial).

Lol! Me too! Was checking here to see if it was just my phone!

Love the idea of having grapes to harvest! Good luck everyone! wine tasting event later!

cugie
01-22-16, 07:45 AM
I only get grapes 8 so far, and no green grapes. Already starting to get annoyed.

cugie
01-22-16, 07:47 AM
Really glad the final prize is not a pet this time....

So am I. All my pets are from events, I haven't bought a single 1, I even have some in storage...

cugie
01-22-16, 07:48 AM
:mad: reckon it'll be hard getting the red ones for the quest, fingers crossed:rolleyes:

I only get red grapes, I'm yet to get a green one...

Rynetory2
01-22-16, 07:50 AM
I only get grapes 8 so far, and no green grapes. Already starting to get annoyed.

I am the same! I have 12 purple and 1 green, still stuck at goal 2. Can't believe being stuck at such an early goal. I think I'm starting to dislike this event. *sob sob*

BBragg15
01-22-16, 10:18 AM
I got the vines and they don't count for me to go towards the grapes that I already have. I have 3 purple and 1 green, they did have a check mark for the purchasing the vines.

judyandthecat
01-22-16, 10:37 AM
I am the same! I have 12 purple and 1 green, still stuck at goal 2. Can't believe being stuck at such an early goal. I think I'm starting to dislike this event. *sob sob*

I skipped with gems think to skip cost me 16 gems because I had harvested some grapes.
Well worth it to me beings can't be around every two hours collecting grapes and I now have grape cider making ...

PookieBear50
01-22-16, 10:53 AM
Is anyone else having problems with the new grape press machine? I made grape juice all night, and only two of them counted towards my challenge count. Fortunately the juice is in my barn, so I didn't lose the items, but I can't progress in the challenge. Frustrating!!

Were those ciders made before the challenge goal came up? For this sort of event, it is better to wait and see what the goals are BEFORE buying or crafting anything. You can probably still "give" the ciders for the event, but you will still need to "make" enough to satisfy the terms of the goal.

ghjvcucjb
01-22-16, 11:56 AM

Yes, it showed I had made juices but there were none to give. It was weird. Ended up making more just to give.

ghjvcucjb
01-22-16, 11:58 AM
I got the vines and they don't count for me to go towards the grapes that I already have. I have 3 purple and 1 green, they did have a check mark for the purchasing the vines.

Yes, I put up a warning a couple of pages ago. We should keep mentioning this so others don't get frustrated like we are.

ghjvcucjb
01-22-16, 12:01 PM
Has this been verified because I find it hard to believe that the regular grape vines for coins will be gone after the event. This would leave the cider house sitting empty for many players. I don't think though players will be able to make grape jam in the kitchen after the event.

The game popup screens mentioned gilded grapevines and grape pergola (event prize) are permanent. So the coin grapevine may not be permanent but I'm checking on this. Sorry for the confusion. Will keep everyone posted.

Rynetory2, were you able to verify anything? judyandthecat has a good point and we should figure it out ASAP.

remizmomma
01-22-16, 12:22 PM
Where do the pears come from for the cider?

PookieBear50
01-22-16, 12:25 PM
Yes, it showed I had made juices but there were none to give. It was weird. Ended up making more just to give.

I don't think this could be the cause, but did you switch between different versions of the game?

PookieBear50
01-22-16, 12:26 PM

You will need to either buy pear trees and harvest those, or look for them in the newspaper and in other players' side shops.

remizmomma
01-22-16, 12:29 PM
You will need to either buy pear trees and harvest those, or look for them in the newspaper and in other players' side shops.
I'm only on level 49 the pear trees are locked I don't think you can buy until they unlock until level 57, right?

bss0226
01-22-16, 12:35 PM
There is a bug with collecting the grapes. If your barn is full, you cannot collect the grapes. Even if there's room in your silo. Grapes go in the silo, correctly, but you can't collect them if the barn is full. Please fix this

PookieBear50
01-22-16, 02:02 PM
I'm only on level 49 the pear trees are locked I don't think you can buy until they unlock until level 57, right?

I think that's correct...but as far as I knew, if a recipe required items that were locked, they didn't show up at all until you unlocked the required levels. This might be a glitch, but there's no way for me to tell, as I have already unlocked Pear Trees in my game. You might consider asking one of the forum moderators.

syncler78
01-22-16, 02:22 PM

I'm only level 47, but I don't see any request for pears in the cider house. Just apples, grapes, and oranges. Can you post a picture please? Just curious as to what you're seeing.

remizmomma
01-22-16, 02:28 PM
I learned of the pear cider from Judyandthecats post Am I missing something?
The new building will be a cider house and it will be available to use after the event!

Minimum level is 17 and it's iOS only. However, Android will have access to some of the content - just not the quests or a few of the items. Some limited time content will be removed after the event.

Grape vine gives 1 grape every 2 hours. The gilded grapevine give 1-2 grapes every 2 hours and are permanent. (Rynetory2)

http://i66.tinypic.com/rvzog6.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/skyj2r.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2cwtsn8.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/2mwaxxg.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2hxarue.jpg

syncler78
01-22-16, 02:40 PM
I'm sorry, I still don't see any requests for pears. "A Pressing Matter (1 of 6)" is asking for APPLE cider.

EDIT: These are the different ciders I see in the cider house. They are (left to right) apple, grape, and orange. Does yours look different?

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27979&d=1453499323 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27979&d=1453499323)

hogandale
01-22-16, 02:58 PM
They were made AFTER the challenge asked me to make them. A few are counting, but a good many are not.

hogandale
01-22-16, 03:04 PM
Were those ciders made before the challenge goal came up? For this sort of event, it is better to wait and see what the goals are BEFORE buying or crafting anything. You can probably still "give" the ciders for the event, but you will still need to "make" enough to satisfy the terms of the goal.

They were made AFTER the challenge asked me to make them. A few are counting, but a good many are not.

remizmomma
01-22-16, 03:08 PM
It's in the post.

Apple Cider
1 Apple
1 white sugar
45 minutes

Grape Cider
2 green grapes
2 purple grapes
1 white sugar
1 hour 30 minutes

Orange Cider
2 Oranges
1 white sugar
1 hour

Pear Cider
2 pears
1 white sugar
3 hours 30 minutes

Recipes in the Kitchen

2 purple grapes
3 green grapes
1 white sugar
1 hour 40 minutes

Raisins
1 purple grape
1 hour 30 minutes

Grape Tart
4 purple grapes
4 green grapes
1 white sugar
1 white flour
4 hours

Recipes in the Bakery

Raisin Bread
2 raisins
1 white sugar
1 flour
1 egg
4 hours 20 minutes

Jelly Donut
2 jars grape jelly
1 milk
3 white sugar
2 eggs
45 minutes

OliGsPlace
01-22-16, 03:09 PM
I am only harvesting green grapes. How do I get purple ones?

shedenh
01-22-16, 03:18 PM

Grape colors or random. Never know what color you will get.

syncler78
01-22-16, 03:54 PM
It's in the post.

Ah, I didn't see it in the post with pictures. Thank you! Judging from the pictures of the tasks though, it doesn't look like we have to make pear cider, so it's something for us to look forward to when we reach level 57.

judyandthecat
01-22-16, 04:05 PM
Ah, I didn't see it in the post with pictures. Thank you! Judging from the pictures of the tasks though, it doesn't look like we have to make pear cider, so it's something for us to look forward to when we reach level 57.

I think you have to be level 61 to make pear cider.
It is not part of the event but a recipe to craft when you reach that level.

remizmomma
01-22-16, 04:09 PM
I think you have to be level 61 to make pear cider.
It is not part of the event but a recipe to craft when you reach that level.
Thank you so much for explaining I knew I was missing something.

Niire
01-22-16, 04:29 PM
rynetory2 , you are correct on the crafts, and as far as items go, droid users are missing out on the prizes given for completing quests of course, but we can purchase the gilded grapevines for 99 gems each, and the coin ones. The missing crafts are the jelly donut and the grape jelly, far as I can tell.

So, um, I am on quite a bit of medication, so I'll ask to be clear...after this event is over, the two grape vines we got with coins are not going to be usable anymore? IE...we are gonna have to buy the gem versions to keep making grapes? That's pretty icky if so, lol...

shedenh
01-22-16, 04:32 PM
Step 4.

OliGsPlace
01-22-16, 04:33 PM
How can I get purple grapes? All I have collected so far are green ? Thnx

OliGsPlace
01-22-16, 04:34 PM
Thnx for answer about color!!! Sorry for duplicate post

judyandthecat
01-22-16, 04:35 PM

It is random when you collect ... You get purple or green!

mymummy789
01-22-16, 04:36 PM

I'm only getting purple. I'm a bit miffed that paying for two of the gem vines doesn't give a more even split.

judyandthecat
01-22-16, 04:40 PM
Step 4.

Thank you for sharing I put this in the first post!

shedenh
01-22-16, 04:47 PM
Just wondered if we will be able to turn the grape vines later

lnztrekfan
01-22-16, 07:41 PM
So, um, I am on quite a bit of medication, so I'll ask to be clear...after this event is over, the two grape vines we got with coins are not going to be usable anymore? IE...we are gonna have to buy the gem versions to keep making grapes? That's pretty icky if so, lol...

I'm pretty sure that IF you can complete the quest and get the pergala you grow grapes on that.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27987

caron7
01-22-16, 08:32 PM
I skipped with gems think to skip cost me 16 gems because I had harvested some grapes.
Well worth it to me beings can't be around every two hours collecting grapes and I now have grape cider making ...

I took this advice and decided to skip through goal 2, but now I don't have enough grapes to make grape cider. Might as well wait through goal 2, since you need 2 purple and 2 green (plus sugar) per cider.

dizzle507
01-22-16, 08:51 PM

Mine is the other way. Only purple. 11 purple to 1 green so far

Diamondladies
01-22-16, 09:09 PM
Not very interesting prizes !!

Fasendaminha
01-22-16, 11:25 PM
2x2 squares for just one vine ??!!!!! .....

A Pressing Matter (3 of 6)

A Pressing Matter (4 of 6)

A Pressing Matter (5 of 6)

A Pressing Matter (6 of 6)

Thank you for the picks❤️

noemata
01-23-16, 01:45 AM
Thank you for the picks❤️

You're welcome :D

Fasendaminha
01-23-16, 02:05 AM
Booooo to red grapes!!!!
😩😩😩

minidemon88
01-23-16, 02:52 AM
Event looks fun and I really like the idea of winning a permanent grape pergola to grow more grapes. But with the low drop rate of grapes and the 2hr waiting time, not sure if I'll be able to complete all the quests. I'm still stuck at quest #3. And looking at the first post, the quests need more grapes. Oh no...! *sigh* :(

cakebaby75
01-23-16, 04:24 AM
I wish they had given us more time to complete this whole thing. It's so slow! I don't have enough gems to buy the golden grape vine and at this rate I'm not sure I will be able to complete the whole thing to win the pergola. Can someone clarify please that the grape vines won't work after the task ends. Therefore making the cider maker redundant unless you have a golden vine or the pergola. Kind of sucks if that's right.

yppahc
01-23-16, 04:48 AM
Has anybody got an animated building. Mine isn't on my ipad or phone.

spring_peeper
01-23-16, 06:14 AM
I have a funny feeling that I won't have time to complete this challenge either. Maybe I'm being negative (haven't really done the math yet). I'll keep trying though. However I'm led to believe that with one grape every two hours this might be nearly impossible.

taratown29
01-23-16, 06:24 AM
Getting mostly purple grapes here. Several collections from the gilded vine have yielded only two grapes one time.

Niire
01-23-16, 06:25 AM
I'm pretty sure that IF you can complete the quest and get the pergala you grow grapes on that.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27987

Yah, for IoS users that is true. But I am in the minority and play droid, so no quests for me. I don't buy gems, but am saving up for more vines either way! <3 Just would suck to have to wait after the event till I can afford more vines, if that makes sense. :)

For what it's worth though, I looked closely at the pop ups this morning, and it LOOKS like the coin and the gem vines are on there with the cider house, no mention of limited time for any of it too. :D

mymummy789
01-23-16, 06:39 AM
Getting mostly purple grapes here. Several collections from the gilded vine have yielded only two grapes one time.
My two gilded vines only drop one grape each. I guess the only perk of buying them is they will still work after the event. I can't help feeling there should be a bit more benefit for forking out gems though.

I am on to the raisin making goal now which seems to only need purple grapes, of which I have plenty. Hopefully I'll be able to stock up on green grapes before the next goal!!

taratown29
01-23-16, 06:47 AM
Looking forward to making raisins ! Could use a break from green grapes :)

erxi9
01-23-16, 07:10 AM
So.. Do we know which items are time limited and which are permanent?

Rynetory2
01-23-16, 07:31 AM

I considered geming through but knowing I needed the grapes for the next goal, I decided not to. Thankfully I managed to get some badly needed green grapes today. Finally am able to start crafting! Happy to pull through goal 2. :)

My cider house isnt animated either. Perhaps that's by design.

Edit: The wheel on the cider house turns once and stopped.

Rynetory2
01-23-16, 07:34 AM
Rynetory2, were you able to verify anything? judyandthecat has a good point and we should figure it out ASAP.

The cider house has 3 non grape dependent recipes so it isnt a total lost. But like you, I do like to have more info on this too. Please see my reply in next post.

rynetory2 , you are correct on the crafts, and as far as items go, droid users are missing out on the prizes given for completing quests of course, but we can purchase the gilded grapevines for 99 gems each, and the coin ones. The missing crafts are the jelly donut and the grape jelly, far as I can tell.

Thanks for your feedback on android features. Get well soon sweetie. :) Please see my reply to your question in next post.

So.. Do we know which items are time limited and which are permanent?

Please see my reply in next post.

Rynetory2
01-23-16, 07:41 AM
Hey everyone, I did check (and still checking) but so far I dont have further on updates on the following. Rest assured that as soon as I have more information, I will post immediately to keep everyone posted. :) In the meantime, keep collecting your grapes and progressing with your goals.

1. Will the grapevines (coin ones) remain after the event?
2. What are the time limited crafts?

Sorry for a little confusion for this event. I think this is the first time we have farm items updates together with an event, so we have more questions which need answers. Please bear with it till we get some answers. Thanks.

princessskykennedy
01-23-16, 07:47 AM
I am also having problems with my cider house not counting my grape cider. Finished goal yesterday but still need to craft today......but don't have green grapes to craft. Oh well....

Rynetory2
01-23-16, 07:55 AM
I am also having problems with my cider house not counting my grape cider. Finished goal yesterday but still need to craft today......but don't have green grapes to craft. Oh well....

Is it possible that you crafted before you reached the goal that requires it? All actions done before you reach the actual goal will not be counted. Sorry sweetie.

Windracer321
01-23-16, 09:51 AM
Be happy if you are getting more purple grapes early ...from pics posted here step 4 wants 8 raisins (and raisin bread after) and you need 8 purple grapes for that. I then calculate (again from pics posted here, thank you!!) that you need 32 of each color for step 5 and 20 purple and 30 white for step 6. Maybe if some people finish early they will start selling grapes so a few other people can make it.

Niire
01-23-16, 09:56 AM
Thanks rynetory, no worries on time it takes to know, just naturally curious lol. Also, meds are for chronic back/hip/leg issues, but I think they got the right dose of pain meds finally. Feel really good today considering the foot of snow we got! Just makes me ramble and get easily confused, lol! (Sooo, sorry I got a little off topic but thank you for the well wishes! <3)

PS...Reading the issues folks are having, I know it's not alot, but since I can't participate in the quests, I am selling my grapes in my side shop. I only got the coin vines atm, but figured I'd throw that out there. Farm name is The Dales. :)

lnztrekfan
01-23-16, 10:38 AM
Yah, for IoS users that is true. But I am in the minority and play droid, so no quests for me. I don't buy gems, but am saving up for more vines either way! <3 Just would suck to have to wait after the event till I can afford more vines, if that makes sense. :)

For what it's worth though, I looked closely at the pop ups this morning, and it LOOKS like the coin and the gem vines are on there with the cider house, no mention of limited time for any of it too. :D

Oh man! I didn't realize that droid users don't get the quest! That doesn't seem fair because how would you get to grow grapes permanently if the coin vines disappear? I don't buy gems either I just save up from downloading the game pop ups on iOS. They don't say they're rewarding you gems but you do get gems afterward!:)

Niire
01-23-16, 10:51 AM
Wouldn't be too bad losing the coin grapes if they weren't 1500 a pop, lol. I cut into my water garden fund to get em and the cider house. But yah, droid basically gets the building and the ability to grow grapes and make new recipes. Was making raisins for bread till I saw the randomness posts...:)
For gems, we get the train, random gems fishing and mining and gathering etc, and updating/installing games on occasion.

fangfarmstory
01-23-16, 12:36 PM
Event looks fun and I really like the idea of winning a permanent grape pergola to grow more grapes. But with the low drop rate of grapes and the 2hr waiting time, not sure if I'll be able to complete all the quests. I'm still stuck at quest #3. And looking at the first post, the quests need more grapes. Oh no...! *sigh* :(

I agree with the low grape count. At that rate I wonder if 10 days is enough time for all the quest. Sometimes I have to give my head a shake and wonder why I waste my time and I don't bother participating in the events.

fangfarmstory
01-23-16, 12:40 PM

You mean the cider building? Mine doesn't do anything as it's making cider. I'm on a iPad.

newacadia
01-23-16, 01:16 PM

I think there was a plan to have animation, but it has not been set to repeat / be ongoing when the mill is being used, only when it very first starts making something. ... Orientate the cider mill so you can see the box of apples and the little wheel. Then start it making something. The wheel will circle to the right, and then to the left. But then it stops moving, even though the mill is still making the product. ... This also can be seen if the mill is in the middle of making a product and you go into "edit" mode (tap the little crossed hammer and wrench/spanner) and then rotate the building so that you see the box and wheel. Each time the building is rotated to a new orientation, the wheel will run this pattern, but it will not continue the movements afterward.

Not sure if the wheel is meant to move continually when the mill is crafting something, or just at initiation. Would be nice to see the movement during ongoing use of the building, like for most of the other buildings.

melis007
01-23-16, 01:48 PM
I have a non related question...sorry! I was just scrolling through my barn storage and I have a lot of stuff leftover from past challenges? Do u guys keep any of that stuff? Is there any need? Will we use the yarn balls from the kitty in a tree challenge? Or snowballs from the past Christmas challenges? Just curious!

tigarlilyvol
01-23-16, 02:29 PM
I have a non related question...sorry! I was just scrolling through my barn storage and I have a lot of stuff leftover from past challenges? Do u guys keep any of that stuff? Is there any need? Will we use the yarn balls from the kitty in a tree challenge? Or snowballs from the past Christmas challenges? Just curious!

I don't keep it because I need storage room. I don't remember being able to reuse items. I usually put it in my shop and discard it.

melis007
01-23-16, 02:44 PM
I don't keep it because I need storage room. I don't remember being able to reuse items. I usually put it in my shop and discard it.

Thanks so much!!!

PookieBear50
01-23-16, 03:21 PM

The odds are good that you won't need those items before. However, I might recommend not discarding any of your leftover crops (e.g., peppermint from the holiday event). I had peppermint which I had held onto from the Farm Story 2: Christmas version three Decembers ago, and it was brought back just this past December for the last event, so you never know what might become usable again.

To be honest, though, I still have a few partridges, wildflowers, golden bass, lucky fish, mum flowers, shears, flower clippers, a sheep plushie, and a fish dumpling in my barn as well as pink tulips, yellow daisies, white lilies, purple orchids, coconuts, and plumerias--and the aforementioned peppermint--in my silo. Will any of this be reused? I have no idea, but I kept them sort of as mementos from past events...and the flowers as a sort of hope that one day the Flower Shop will be reactivated on a permanent basis.

ghjvcucjb
01-23-16, 03:46 PM
I just don't understand the numbers for these games. I'm stuck on step 3 for an entire day because I can't get enough of one grape. Having to wait 2 hours to receive only 1 random grape per vine to not receive the needed color over and over doesn't make sense. Even if my next collection in 2 hours gets me 1 of the correct color, I will still have to wait hours and hours to hopefully collect enough to finally make 1 item since all the items need multiples of the grapes.

eta: a day later and still stuck on this step due to a lack of one type of grape.

ozigal
01-23-16, 05:02 PM
Two grapes in two hours.....and some of the crafting not counting...tell them they're dreaming.mmmmm

Newton122712
01-23-16, 07:56 PM
It takes 2 raisins to make raisin bread, we have to make/give 4 raisin bread...total raisins 8. I have made 10 raisins yet my total is showing 7. The raisins are in storage, just not being counted. I could be stuck making raisins forever hoping it will count.

PookieBear50
01-23-16, 11:56 PM
I'm not complaining, mind, because I'm glad to finally have grapes and grape juice (well, cider) and grape jam and raisins and stuff available, but I am wondering: why offer 2 varieties of grape, but then so severely limit the availability of the one (red/purple) which all the grape recipes require, while the other is so plentiful yet can't be used for anything by itself (green)?

Also wondering: WILL the gilded grapevines eventually produce two grapes instead of one? As best as I can recall, they have only ever given me one grape each time I've harvested.

noemata
01-24-16, 01:54 AM
Hey guys/gals, from the pop-up...

...looks like the other 'vines' produce only 1 random grape and the pergola produces 2:eek:

yppahc
01-24-16, 04:05 AM
The raisins only count if you started producing them after reaching the appropriate stage. It is not when you collect them. I made this mistake as I thought I could get on with the next task while waiting for my grape cider to finish.

Newton122712
01-24-16, 05:18 AM
The raisins only count if you started producing them after reaching the appropriate stage. It is not when you collect them. I made this mistake as I thought I could get on with the next task while waiting for my grape cider to finish.

I didn't start making the raisins until A Pressing Matter (4 of 6) showed up.

Sandybellee
01-24-16, 05:27 AM
I've been stuck on 5 grape ciders since yesterday because all I get from the vines is dark grapes... :(

yppahc
01-24-16, 05:29 AM

That is annoying!

I hope they do make the building animated as it makes it easier to know if the building is idle. There was a glitch a few months ago which made all the buildings static when crafting. It was very annoying.

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 07:19 AM
It takes 2 raisins to make raisin bread, we have to make/give 4 raisin bread...total raisins 8. I have made 10 raisins yet my total is showing 7. The raisins are in storage, just not being counted. I could be stuck making raisins forever hoping it will count.

Can you reinstall your game and see if the problem persists? If it does, please report in the Bugs thread with your game version. I'm sorry this happened. :(

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 07:26 AM
Announcement

I am seeing a couple of posts about your counters not working. I am not sure if this is due to some of you pre-crafted those items before you reached your goals OR your counters arent working as they should.

If it's the case of the latter, please reinstall your game and see if that works. If the problem persists, please help to post in the bug forum so we know it's an issue. We need to identify this so the team can solve it for us to progress normally. Thanks.

1. Which specific game version you are using
2. Which goal are you having issues and which counter (e.g. Make counter or Give counter)
3. Description of actions and counters

To add: You can use either the regular Farm Story 2 v2.2 or Holiday Harvest v2.3. IOS 9.2.1. Thanks.

OliGsPlace
01-24-16, 09:05 AM
I have made many apple ciders and sold them in deliveries. How come my count for "give cider" in the challenge still says zero? How else do I give it?

AliceWinter24
01-24-16, 09:09 AM
I have made many apple ciders and sold them in deliveries. How come my count for "give cider" in the challenge still says zero? How else do I give it?

You need to press the give-button in the goal.

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 09:20 AM

The apple ciders which you have sent for deliveries would not be counted towards your goal. You will need to click [Give] on the goal.

OliGsPlace
01-24-16, 09:39 AM
Tried that, pressing Give does nothing 😕
I will reinstall, try again.
Thnx

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 09:45 AM
Tried that, pressing Give does nothing ��

Can you check your barn to see if you still have apple cider? If not, you will need to make more to be able to give.

ghjvcucjb
01-24-16, 11:21 AM

Tried that, pressing Give does nothing ��
I will reinstall, try again.
Thnx

You have to craft then hit the give button. Once you sell them, you no longer have any to give and will have to remake them and give them. Once you give them then you won't have any to sell. You can't do both

ghjvcucjb
01-24-16, 11:23 AM
Stuck on step 3 for 3 days due to a lack of one type of grapes. Uncool

dizzle507
01-24-16, 12:17 PM
I just don't understand the numbers for these games. I'm stuck on step 3 for an entire day because I can't get enough of one grape. Having to wait 2 hours to receive only 1 random grape per vine to not receive the needed color over and over doesn't make sense. Even if my next collection in 2 hours gets me 1 of the correct color, I will still have to wait hours and hours to hopefully collect enough to finally make 1 item since all the items need multiples of the grapes.

eta: a day later and still stuck on this step due to a lack of one type of grape.

I can't get past goal 2. I have 24 purple and 2 green.....so guess I won't be finishing this challenge.

Mitzi111
01-24-16, 12:51 PM
I can't get past goal 2. I have 24 purple and 2 green.....so guess I won't be finishing this challenge.

Hang in there dizzle507... I am having the same problem. Stuck on goal 3 because I can't get green grapes. But we still have 9 days, so maybe we can finish the challenge. If not, at least we can get some purple building skins! LOL

ghjvcucjb
01-24-16, 01:08 PM

I so understand.

ghjvcucjb
01-24-16, 01:09 PM
Hang in there dizzle507... I am having the same problem. Stuck on goal 3 because I can't get green grapes. But we still have 9 days, so maybe we can finish the challenge. If not, at least we can get some purple building skins! LOL

Sorry Mitzi, but I couldn't care less for building skins. Have a ton in storage. It's the ability to continue to craft items afterwards that counts

LadyFencer
01-24-16, 01:27 PM
Someone on my farm ate one of my raisin breads (although the count of how many I made shows one more than I have made so far). I made two but only one showed in inventory. I show three made. Number three is actually being made right now. Perhaps it counts the one as it is cooking? Regardless of that, one I made is missing. I did report it in the bugs section.

roguebee
01-24-16, 02:13 PM
I've noticed that the Make counter includes the ones being crafted. Can't give those until you collect them.

ghjvcucjb
01-24-16, 02:14 PM
WARNING: wasn't sure the first few times but watched closely the last two times and am now sure. My green grapes are NOT registering. I have been stuck at 1 out of two needed for the grape juice for days. Two collections ago (because I was suspicious and wanted to confirm what I thought I was seeing) I saw the green grape get harvest but when I went to make the juice it still said 1 out of 2. Waited for this last collection just to make sure and yep, saw the green grape get harvested, went in and still only 1 out of 2 still needed. No wonder I've been stuck on this step for 3 days.

ETA: I think someone is in my game because it keeps blipping. While you're in there could you leave a few grapes? :-)

PookieBear50
01-24-16, 02:32 PM
WARNING: wasn't sure the first few times but watched closely the last two times and am now sure. My green grapes are NOT registering. I have been stuck at 1 out of two needed for the grape juice for days. Two collections ago (because I was suspicious and wanted to confirm what I thought I was seeing) I saw the green grape get harvest but when I went to make the juice it still said 1 out of 2. Waited for this last collection just to make sure and yep, saw the green grape get harvested, went in and still only 1 out of 2 still needed. No wonder I've been stuck on this step for 3 days.

ETA: I think someone is in my game because it keeps blipping. While you're in there could you leave a few grapes? :-)

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your game? Perhaps that might correct the error that is keeping the grapes from registering.

Mitzi111
01-24-16, 03:20 PM
Sorry Mitzi, but I couldn't care less for building skins. Have a ton in storage. It's the ability to continue to craft items afterwards that counts

Yeah,,,I know. I agree. just trying not to get frustrated about no green grapes. : (

LadyFencer
01-24-16, 03:43 PM
Thank you! That confirms the Make counter confusion, but it does not explain why the second raisin bread I made and collected did not get to my inventory for me to give.

redpenny
01-24-16, 03:58 PM
My green grapes are registering either. Bad enough that it takes 4+ hour to craft the items but without the green grapes I'll never finish.

I was so excited about this event :mad:

LadyFencer
01-24-16, 04:23 PM
I've noticed that the Make counter includes the ones being crafted. Can't give those until you collect them.

This is not holding true after all. I had one crafting (that was #3) that registered, which made me think the ones being crafted are counting, and I had one (#4) queued for starting when #3 finished. I collected #3, and #4 had started already, but I still show only 3/4 on the Make counter.

And when I gave #3, that counter shows 2/4, so my #2 raisin bread is still missing, and I will have to spend another 4.5 hours to make it again.

kiddie2
01-24-16, 06:19 PM
My gilded grape vine only gives me 1 grape every 2 hours like my other two what's wrong with mine? I spent 99 gems and it gave me back 25

roguebee
01-24-16, 06:57 PM
This is not holding true after all. I had one crafting (that was #3) that registered, which made me think the ones being crafted are counting, and I had one (#4) queued for starting when #3 finished. I collected #3, and #4 had started already, but I still show only 3/4 on the Make counter.

And when I gave #3, that counter shows 2/4, so my #2 raisin bread is still missing, and I will have to spend another 4.5 hours to make it again.

All I can say is that I have 1 raisin bread in the barn, I currently have 1 baking in the kitchen, and 2 in queue waiting on the ovens. My goal shows completed (make 4 breads). Hopefully the cat doesn't steal one during the night before I can give them in the morning.

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 07:24 PM

The Make Counter increases when you click to make a goal item in the machine. The Give Counter increases when you click [Give] to submit the goal item(s) in your barn. They dont do anything when you collect these items.

All I can say is that I have 1 raisin bread in the barn, I currently have 1 baking in the kitchen, and 2 in queue waiting on the ovens. My goal shows completed (make 4 breads). Hopefully the cat doesn't steal one during the night before I can give them in the morning.

Raisin bread is made in the bakery. Shouldnt you be having 3 in the queue? My kitchen doesnt make them.

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 07:29 PM

Sorry to hear about your grapes. Can you reinstall your game? You can use either the regular Farm Story 2 is v2.2 or Holiday Harvest is v2.3. IOS 9.2.1. Thanks.

So far my grapes are accounted for since the start of event. Reinstallation should clear your issue.

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 07:30 PM

Please see my reply to your posts in the Bug forum. Thanks.

spring_peeper
01-24-16, 08:06 PM
This isn't going to work. Not trying to be a pessimist but I got extremely lucky and found someone selling grapes. That helped me get to the fourth goal. Now, I have no red grapes. So I need four to make the tart (plus green grapes).

What would be so terribly wrong if you could collect ONE green grape and ONE red grape from each collection? That would mean I would be able to make one tart a day (which is still rather poor in my opinion).

Honestly, []. I'm done.

Doncourt
01-24-16, 09:01 PM
Does anyone have an opinion on whether to buy the second gold grapevine? If they will end up being permanent, it seems you'd want the max amount :confused: :confused: :confused:

SeaJelly77
01-24-16, 09:02 PM
My gilded grape vine only gives me 1 grape every 2 hours like my other two what's wrong with mine? I spent 99 gems and it gave me back 25 Same for me.. I want my gems back, it's supposed to give 2. :/

alish00
01-24-16, 09:29 PM
Same for me.. I want my gems back, it's supposed to give 2. :/

Me to!

mothernature15
01-24-16, 09:42 PM
Me to!

Same here, one per 2hrs, no balance between green and purple.......I have bad feeling about my luck, please TL don't make this event like the pool party one........my heart bleeds with pain whenever I visit a farm and see the sandcastle ...aaahhhhhh my castle drained into toooooo many party pools.....😂😂😂😂😂😂

jmterao
01-24-16, 09:46 PM
This isn't going to work. Not trying to be a pessimist but I got extremely lucky and found someone selling grapes. That helped me get to the fourth goal. Now, I have no red grapes. So I need four to make the tart (plus green grapes).

What would be so terribly wrong if you could collect ONE green grape and ONE red grape from each collection? That would mean I would be able to make one tart a day (which is still rather poor in my opinion).

Honestly, []. I'm done.

The last task is a doozy. Total of 30 green grapes needed to make the jelly. I get 1 green grape for every 5/6 purple. With Three trellises, it takes four hours to get one green grape.

I don't think it i can get it done on time.

ghjvcucjb
01-24-16, 10:22 PM
Sorry to hear about your grapes. Can you reinstall your game? You can use either the regular Farm Story 2 is v2.2 or Holiday Harvest is v2.3. IOS 9.2.1. Thanks.

So far my grapes are accounted for since the start of event. Reinstallation should clear your issue.

I've been running the holiday one. Reinstalled same one and this last collection of green grapes counted.thanks rynetory2

alish00
01-25-16, 12:15 AM
The last task is a doozy. Total of 30 green grapes needed to make the jelly. I get 1 green grape for every 5/6 purple. With Three trellises, it takes four hours to get one green grape.

I don't think it i can get it done on time.

Me either I'm still making raisins.. Hoping some people put grapes up for sale!

jmterao
01-25-16, 01:01 AM
Me either I'm still making raisins.. Hoping some people put grapes up for sale!

I had some gems stored and I sped things up. Even by bypassing half of two tasks, I am not sure I can finish this last one. I am not buying more gems to do it.

I put my completed food from the tasks up for sale and they were snapped up. Seems I am not the only one thinking it may not be possible to finish.

Mitzi111
01-25-16, 01:26 AM
My gilded grape vine only gives me 1 grape every 2 hours like my other two what's wrong with mine? I spent 99 gems and it gave me back 25

YES...same thing for me! Shouldn't the 74 gem vine be doing something better than the 800 coin vine???They both do the same thing. I never would have spent my gems if I had known that the only difference was color... yellow instead of white. I am stuck on stage 3.
Maybe the advantage is that the yellow one will stay on farm giving grapes, but the white one doesn't.
*** Can someone clarify the functions of each vine for us?

HappyJ8
01-25-16, 02:51 AM
This event is ridiculous!
I have crafted enough cider grape but it doesn't registered!!
I stuck at stage 2 forever!
I want my gems back TL/Storm8 as I have bought the gilded grapevine!

myjacob11
01-25-16, 02:56 AM
This event is ridiculous!
I have crafted enough cider grape but it doesn't registered!!
I stuck at stage 2 forever!
I want my gems back TL/Storm8 as I have bought the gilded grapevine!

its really quite simple if they're reading and listening they need to double the grapes now like they do with the fish and ores! It's not a well thought out event at all, and I'm not stressing about it . I have enough stress at work.

wino_o
01-25-16, 06:32 AM
YES...same thing for me! Shouldn't the 74 gem vine be doing something better than the 800 coin vine???They both do the same thing. I never would have spent my gems if I had known that the only difference was color... yellow instead of white. I am stuck on stage 3.
Maybe the advantage is that the yellow one will stay on farm giving grapes, but the white one doesn't.

Same here. I see no difference between the vines other than color (yellow/white) and the waste of gems.

wino_o
01-25-16, 06:37 AM
Does anyone have an opinion on whether to buy the second gold grapevine? If they will end up being permanent, it seems you'd want the max amount :confused: :confused: :confused:

For me, personally, it was a waste of gems - gems that I purchased just to buy the gold grapevine. I'm at a standstill right now because I can't seem to get green grapes. Some people may be having good luck with it, but I am not. Good luck to you if you decide to purchase!! :)

**I apologize, I was not fully caffeinated when I responded earlier! I have not purchased the SECOND one, I would gladly purchase more gems and buy the second one if I was seeing an 'advantage' with the one I did purchase. I would be THRILLED if it would just help to balance out the difference in grapes I'm harvesting. Maybe it will get better and I will purchase the second one???

I understand that it/they would be permanent...

Rynetory2
01-25-16, 06:44 AM
I've been running the holiday one. Reinstalled same one and this last collection of green grapes counted.thanks rynetory2

Oh goody, glad to hear you are able to progress with your goals! :D Good luck.

Rynetory2
01-25-16, 06:47 AM

The Gilded Grapevine is permanent.

Perhaps I am the only one here who was happy with my Gilded Grapevines. My aim was to grow grapes permanently. This way, I could still grow grapes even if I didnt win the Grape Pergola. Besides I am happy to get extra grapes to help me for this event and I see it as a long term investment for my farm. I got 1 grape per vine since Day 1. Ummm I am not sure why a post said we were supposed to get 2 grapes. Am I missing something here? Anyways I dont regret buying mine. I feel bad for those who regretted buying it, it's quite a lot of gems to regret over. I hope you feel better seeing it as a long term investment.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28028

spring_peeper
01-25-16, 06:59 AM
If TL believes this challenge is entirely possible with the current drop rate of grapes and the amount of grapes needed to craft items for the challenge, perhaps they can give us some tips on how to play more efficiently.

But, theres a catch. They cannot suggest doing the following:
-be attached to your device 24/7 to collect grapes.
-be attached to your device 24/7 to check to see if people are selling grapes.
-use gems to quickly breeze through each challenge. If you don't have enough gems, feel free to buy some.
-buy a value pack (which won't get anyone very far in the first place).

roguebee
01-25-16, 08:27 AM
Raisin bread is made in the bakery. Shouldnt you be having 3 in the queue? My kitchen doesnt make them.

Yes, they were being made in the Bakery. My mistake. I guess maybe it was semantics as I had one crafting and two waiting, so I assumed the two waiting were in the queue rather than all three.

spring_peeper
01-25-16, 08:27 AM
I'm glad to hear you are happy with it. I would be thrilled to have something that grew grapes permanently too. However, I do not have 99 gems to spare and I refuse to give TL money to purchase them.

The frustration a lot of us are facing is the fact we need to spend gems in order to permanently collect grapes. I would definitely see this as an investment for my farm as well, but it's difficult for a lot of us to achieve this. It's not like we can work on our farms to level up and get something like bananas.

Furthermore, how many orders are a lot of us going to have to discard because we can't craft items that require grapes?

At the end of the day, everyone has the same goal to grow grapes permanently. The problem is most of us realize that this is not achievable based on the low and inconsistent drop rate from the normal grape vines and due to this, we will not be able to grow grapes permanently.

I'm sure you can appreciate that frustration.

alish00
01-25-16, 08:39 AM
I had some gems stored and I sped things up. Even by bypassing half of two tasks, I am not sure I can finish this last one. I am not buying more gems to do it.

I put my completed food from the tasks up for sale and they were snapped up. Seems I am not the only one thinking it may not be possible to finish.
Yep I snagged some jelly donuts. I know I have to make them but at least I can finish faster if I have a few to give away so then I just have to wait for them to cook. I did speed up a few times. But my gems R nil. So I can't do that very often. I have been getting my train sent in under 12 hrs just so I can build up Gems faster.

Team lava please bring back the watch videos for Gems... And not just 1 gem!!

Rynetory2
01-25-16, 08:53 AM
Yes, they were being made in the Bakery. My mistake. I guess maybe it was semantics as I had one crafting and two waiting, so I assumed the two waiting were in the queue rather than all three.

Thank you so much for clarifying. I just wanted to make sure in case I missed something or didnt check my game properly in my eagerness to craft new items lol.

Rynetory2
01-25-16, 09:11 AM
I'm glad to hear you are happy with it. I would be thrilled to have something that grew grapes permanently too. However, I do not have 99 gems to spare and I refuse to give TL money to purchase them.

The frustration a lot of us are facing is the fact we need to spend gems in order to permanently collect grapes. I would definitely see this as an investment for my farm as well, but it's difficult for a lot of us to achieve this. It's not like we can work on our farms to level up and get something like bananas.

Furthermore, how many orders are a lot of us going to have to discard because we can't craft items that require grapes?

At the end of the day, everyone has the same goal to grow grapes permanently. The problem is most of us realize that this is not achievable based on the low and inconsistent drop rate from the normal grape vines and due to this, we will not be able to grow grapes permanently.

I'm sure you can appreciate that frustration.

I totally understand where you are coming from and the frustration along with it... And yes, those questions about future crafting and whether they will affect our deliveries and trains are all very valid questions. I am wondering too. I really wish I have more answers for everyone but unfortunately I dont at this point. :( Hopefully we get some answers soon. In the mean time, let's just keep trying and see how much we can progress.

Side note: The team does value our feedback and take them into considerations. So give your feedback in the Suggestion thread where they are more likely to be seen. Thanks for your feedback.

taratown29
01-25-16, 09:50 AM
Luckily my lonely single green grape has 23 purple friends to spend time with.

spring_peeper
01-25-16, 09:56 AM
I totally understand where you are coming from and the frustration along with it... And yes, those questions about future crafting and whether they will affect our deliveries and trains are all very valid questions. I am wondering too. I really wish I have more answers for everyone but unfortunately I dont at this point. :( Hopefully we get some answers soon. In the mean time, let's just keep trying and see how much we can progress.

Side note: The team does value our feedback and take them into considerations. So give your feedback in the Suggestion thread where they are more likely to be seen. Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you. I have submitted feedback.

Sorry but I don't know if there is much point in seeing how far I can progress. At the end of 8 days, I will probably have a smile on my face and think to myself - "Oh darn was that a fun event! I came up short, and I can never grow grapes again, but wow, TL sure made crafting tarts fun. I even loved being surprised with collecting grapes every two hours, it was so much fun to not have enough red or green grapes to craft something.

Yes, that was sarcastic. But these events are frustrating and I'm not sure anyone is going to say they had a whale of a time collecting grapes for a limited time and falling short on yet another event.

grntown
01-25-16, 12:30 PM
After countless "harvests" I have never received more than ONE grape from the gilded vine. If it's to permanently gather then may be worth buying - if goal is to complete quest faster; don't bother buying. Just hope it won't be like the 5 useless flower pots I have! I do believe this is the last time I'll spend $ / gems on these quests.

PookieBear50
01-25-16, 12:35 PM

Perhaps I am the only one here who was happy with my Gilded Grapevines. My aim was to grow grapes permanently. This way, I could still grow grapes even if I didnt win the Grape Pergola. Besides I am happy to get extra grapes to help me for this event and I see it as a long term investment for my farm. I got 1 grape per vine since Day 1. Ummm I am not sure why a post said we were supposed to get 2 grapes. Am I missing something here? Anyways I dont regret buying mine. I feel bad for those who regretted buying it, it's quite a lot of gems to regret over. I hope you feel better seeing it as a long term investment.

I basically bought the Gilded vines for the same reason (2, which set me back many gems, but it had to be done, so I'm all right with it). The current event is a bit frustrating because of the random grape colors with each collection, but it is what it is. My only suggestion here would be that at least new recipe be made for the green grapes to offset the Raisins recipe which only requires purple grapes.

noemata
01-25-16, 02:59 PM
There's just over 7 days left of this event...plenty of time to 'harvest' and/or buy grapes from the marketplace (perhaps trading them with someone who has more green grapes than purple OR vice versa)...just a thought......

Mitzi111
01-25-16, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=rynetory2]. The Gilded Grapevine is permanent.

Mitzi: So the white vines are 'not' permanent? But the yellow one is! Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I saw a post that said the white one was permanent too. But since it isn't, then I have no regrets in buying the guilted one!

[QUOTE=rynetory2]. I got 1 grape per vine since Day 1. Ummm I am not sure why a post said we were supposed to get 2 grapes. Am I missing something here?

Mitzi: And oops, I am guilty of reading the posts that said the guilded one should produce 2 grapes. I think we all got confused because there was a pop up about the pergola producing 2. We must all be in a hurry when accessing the farm and we don't read the pop-ups carefully.

Varinamom
01-25-16, 04:15 PM
Mitzi, The first post on this thread with all the goals listed says gilded gives 1-2 grapes. That's probably why everyone is disappointed with one from the gilded.

I'm just as frustrated with the length of cooking times. I finally get enough grapes and it takes over 4 hours to make each bread. Ugh...

I have icons for grape jelly in both the jelly maker and the kitchen. Can I really make it either place?

Mitzi111
01-25-16, 04:42 PM
Mitzi, The first post on this thread with all the goals listed says gilded gives 1-2 grapes. That's probably why everyone is disappointed with one from the gilded.

I'm just as frustrated with the length of cooking times. I finally get enough grapes and it takes over 4 hours to make each bread. Ugh...

I have icons for grape jelly in both the jelly maker and the kitchen. Can I really make it either place?

OH, so THAT is where I saw it! LOL. I knew I wasn't crazy.
And yes, the time it takes is difficult for those of us who cannot stay glued to the game all day. : (

shedenh
01-25-16, 05:39 PM

Yes you can make the jelly in both . I did so I could get 2 at the same time.

HappyJ8
01-25-16, 07:08 PM
Bugs in counters!!! Not one counter, but most of the counters!!

Oh darn! I can't post the screenshot, God knows if there is another bug in the forum. Gosh! I have to explain everything in words!

We need 2 raisin to make 1 raisin bread.

1. The counter shows I have only collected 6 raisin, which in fact I have collected 9 raisin.
2. The counter shows I have made 4 raisin bread, but in actual fact, I only made 2. If I haven't collected enough raisin, which is 8 to made 4 raisin bread, how on earth I can made 4 raisin bread!!!
3. The counter shows only 2 raisin bread have been given. If I have crafted 4 raisin bread, why can't I give 4 raisin bread?

How could this even possible?

My advice: don't buy glided grapevine because it is not worth the gems you spend and it doesn't help in giving green grapes at all.

I wish I never start this event. one word to describe this event which satrts with 'f': frustrating

cugie
01-25-16, 07:38 PM

So we will be making the jelly with the grapes? It would have been nice if TL would of had a gem sale before the event. I don't have enough gems to buy 2 permanent gilded grapevines

ghjvcucjb
01-25-16, 08:00 PM

Oh darn! I can't post the screenshot, God knows if there is another bug in the forum. Gosh! I have to explain everything in words!

We need 2 raisin to make 1 raisin bread.

1. The counter shows I have only collected 6 raisin, which in fact I have collected 9 raisin.
2. The counter shows I have made 4 raisin bread, but in actual fact, I only made 2. If I haven't collected enough raisin, which is 8 to made 4 raisin bread, how on earth I can made 4 raisin bread!!!
3. The counter shows only 2 raisin bread have been given. If I have crafted 4 raisin bread, why can't I give 4 raisin bread?

How could this even possible?

My advice: don't buy glided grapevine because it is not worth the gems you spend and it doesn't help in giving green grapes at all.

I wish I never start this event. one word to describe this event which satrts with 'f': frustrating
1. I had the same thing happen to me a few days ago. It wouldn't register my green grapes. Reinstall the game, it helped me.
2. Not sure if this could be your situation but The counter registers the raisin bread once you add them to your bakery que. so although you may have only made 2 raisin breads, if you have 2 more in que, the counter states 4
3. This also happened to me on one of the steps. It said I had 3 grape juices (0 in que) but only allowed me to give 2. Did not sell any.

Rynetory2
01-25-16, 08:54 PM
Mitzi: So the white vines are 'not' permanent? But the yellow one is! Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I saw a post that said the white one was permanent too. But since it isn't, then I have no regrets in buying the guilted one!

Mitzi: And oops, I am guilty of reading the posts that said the guilded one should produce 2 grapes. I think we all got confused because there was a pop up about the pergola producing 2. We must all be in a hurry when accessing the farm and we don't read the pop-ups carefully.

See this.

Hey everyone, I did check (and still checking) but so far I dont have further on updates on the following. Rest assured that as soon as I have more information, I will post immediately to keep everyone posted. :) In the meantime, keep collecting your grapes and progressing with your goals.

Sorry for a little confusion for this event. I think this is the first time we have farm items updates together with an event, so we have more questions which need answers. Please bear with it till we get some answers. Thanks.

There was an earlier post stated she had 2 grapes per gilded grapevine so I put "1-2 grapes" in my note on Post #1. I have been getting only 1 grape so far. I just rechecked the post and saw she added she had only 1 grape since and I have updated my note accordingly. Guess we are all good now and everyone is getting only 1 grape. :D

I am guessing that perhaps the post stated supposed to get 2 grapes was a mis-post cos I still dont see any info in my game that says this.

Rynetory2
01-25-16, 09:12 PM

I saw that you have posted in the bug thread. Please see my reply to you. Thanks. Sorry that you are having counters issues.

So we will be making the jelly with the grapes? It would have been nice if TL would of had a gem sale before the event. I don't have enough gems to buy 2 permanent gilded grapevines

I'm checking which crafts are permanent.. FYI There's a sale package for gems and grapes if you are interested. :)

firenze_candy
01-25-16, 09:16 PM
Does anything think there will be a chance for the Gilded Grapevine to go discounted before it reached to limited time? I want to have permanent grapes but I doubt if I can completed the quests on time - the white grapevines refusing to drop me green grapes all the time!

Rynetory2
01-25-16, 09:23 PM
Does anything think there will be a chance for the Gilded Grapevine to go discounted before it reached to limited time? I want to have permanent grapes but I doubt if I can completed the quests on time - the white grapevines refusing to drop me green grapes all the time!

Personally I dont think so. We used to have event buildings on discount at the last weekend of the event but not anymore. You can wait till the last day if you want. But getting it sooner may help you with your goals. Your call ultimately.

HappyAsA
01-26-16, 12:22 AM
I stupidly made a couple of grape jams before that part of quest came up. So while I could use them for jam donuts (2 jams per donut!!!!) they didn't count towards jam making part of quest (oh the grapes & sugar). Still making it LOL No other jam or peanut butter for a while :rolleyes:

HappyAsA
01-26-16, 12:26 AM
Do you mean the cider press? If so, it's a very boring machine. It hardly ever moves, I've only seen it move a few times *yawn*

Sandybellee
01-26-16, 03:47 AM
Argh! I have 14 purple grapes and 0 green ones! :( This is not looking good...

Edit: now 16 purple, 0 green...

dortrrr
01-26-16, 05:14 AM
:o

BBragg15
01-26-16, 06:08 AM
I'm on the 5th part now this one is going to take a while, not sure if I get to the six one or not we will see.

BBragg15
01-26-16, 06:15 AM

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28028

I like the gilded grapevine so I could make things down the road.

lightson50
01-26-16, 06:28 AM
I haven't received any white grapes in the last 5 harvestings. Is anyone else having such a low collection rate for them?

Rynetory2
01-26-16, 07:52 AM
How di I get white grapes in Farm Story?����:o

Both the grapevines (coins) and the gilded grapevines (gems) give random green or purple grape every 2 hours. Some players have more drops of purple grape while others green grape.

You are able to get both Grapes (one at a time) - just keep trying and I'm sure you will find one! :)

myjacob11
01-26-16, 08:04 AM
Argh! I have 14 purple grapes and 0 green ones! :( This is not looking good...

Edit: now 16 purple, 0 green...

Well I'm only getting green ones

wino_o
01-26-16, 08:27 AM
I haven't received any white grapes in the last 5 harvestings. Is anyone else having such a low collection rate for them?

Yep, I am. I have the 2 white grapevines and 1 gilded grapevine, and I can't seem to get them.

lnztrekfan
01-26-16, 09:24 AM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to say that I bought the two gilded vines first day and the two coin vines. I have been very lucky with collecting and should be completed tomorrow. I am currently making all the jam for my donuts. I will be selling all of my grapes collected starting tomorrow. I have been collecting every 2 hours like clockwork because I'm under 30 inches of snow and have nothing else to do!
I would also recommend to check your goals screens to see if they have a game to download as I have fantasy story right now offered. They don't say it but after I download the new cleans I am always rewarded gems. So if you have that option it would help in the purchase of gilded vines.
I do see a pop up offering me 120 gems and 6 of each grapes for $5 US but I'm not buying that. Still 7 days left so don't lose heart!

suncatchers
01-26-16, 10:33 AM
Yep I snagged some jelly donuts. I know I have to make them but at least I can finish faster if I have a few to give away so then I just have to wait for them to cook. I did speed up a few times. But my gems R nil. So I can't do that very often. I have been getting my train sent in under 12 hrs just so I can build up Gems faster.

Team lava please bring back the watch videos for Gems... And not just 1 gem!!

FYI I just noticed that I had a pop-up to watch a video for gems...still only 1 gem though, but I'll take any gems I can get at this point!

spring_peeper
01-26-16, 10:39 AM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to say that I bought the two gilded vines first day and the two coin vines. I have been very lucky with collecting and should be completed tomorrow. I am currently making all the jam for my donuts. I will be selling all of my grapes collected starting tomorrow. I have been collecting every 2 hours like clockwork because I'm under 30 inches of snow and have nothing else to do!
I would also recommend to check your goals screens to see if they have a game to download as I have fantasy story right now offered. They don't say it but after I download the new cleans I am always rewarded gems. So if you have that option it would help in the purchase of gilded vines.
I do see a pop up offering me 120 gems and 6 of each grapes for $5 US but I'm not buying that. Still 7 days left so don't lose heart!

Kudos to you my friend! I totally ignored downloading some of those games until I took your suggestion. I was given the goal of buying ANY decoration after that for a reward of 14 gems. I'm going to continue playing that other game to see what happens.

Thanks so much for this!

lnztrekfan
01-26-16, 11:18 AM
Kudos to you my friend! I totally ignored downloading some of those games until I took your suggestion. I was given the goal of buying ANY decoration after that for a reward of 14 gems. I'm going to continue playing that other game to see what happens.

Thanks so much for this!

You are very welcome! If you continue to complete the goals of leveling up you will keep getting gold!

ghjvcucjb
01-26-16, 02:46 PM
Back to no green grapes again. Last time it was almost 4 days of waiting between few showing up and then not registering. I just don't understand how it's possible or fair that some are almost done and others have to wait days for a single grape of a certain color.

FrozenTurtle
01-26-16, 02:58 PM

1. The coin version of the Grape Vines is permanent and will be staying after the event ends.
2. The Grape Jelly and Jelly Donut crafts will be removed at the end of the event.

Niire
01-26-16, 03:02 PM
Thank you very much FrozenTurtle! Was a wee bit concerned I'd have to wait a bit after the event to get grapes back. :)

alish00
01-26-16, 04:10 PM
FYI I just noticed that I had a pop-up to watch a video for gems...still only 1 gem though, but I'll take any gems I can get at this point!

Yes used to be 8 gems a day!!

Good luck everyone with UR vines!! Slowly but surely getting those green ones!

I will be having the raisin bread for sale momentarily..

judyandthecat
01-26-16, 05:01 PM

A very big thanks for the information.
I added it at the top of the first post.

alish00
01-26-16, 06:07 PM

Thanks so much for this!

I did the same thing!! DL the game didn't do anything but like U said that buy decore came up and I got Gems!?. Thanks!!

ghjvcucjb
01-26-16, 06:44 PM
I did the same thing!! DL the game didn't do anything but like U said that buy decore came up and I got Gems!?. Thanks!!

That's because the official stance is that S8 does not reward for other game downloads. Downloading, then playing the new games to a certain level activates a goal to buy a decoration (or collect a dish or collect from a coin building in other S8 games) and that goal is what provides the gem reward.

alish00
01-26-16, 07:22 PM
That's because the official stance is that S8 does not reward for other game downloads. Downloading, then playing the new games to a certain level activates a goal to buy a decoration (or collect a dish or collect from a coin building in other S8 games) and that goal is what provides the gem reward.

Thank u! U have been very helpful!!;)

Snowtiger333
01-26-16, 08:25 PM

What exactly is the advantage to spending the 74 gems (99 gems-25 quest=74 gems) on yellow vine? I bought it and expected it to drop more grapes than the regular and be permanent, as opposed to the coins which were originally said to be temporary. Was extremely disappointed to learn it still only dropped one grape. Now feeling bitter because it is the exact same thing as the coin ones.

Im stuck on quest 3 bc green grapes are ultra rare on my farm. If this was a pet prize, I would not care about getting the prize but its going to be an important part of game so Im irritated that I spent gems on a vine that is nothing special and that I still wont finish the quest.

Mitzi111
01-26-16, 09:08 PM

OH NO! I thought the yellow 'gem' version was permanent. Oh dear... I do not know how we should make decisions when events start. ??? How do we know for next event what to do??

ghjvcucjb
01-26-16, 09:26 PM
Thank u! U have been very helpful!!;)

You are very welcome!

tuffyjkitten
01-26-16, 10:14 PM
OH NO! I thought the yellow 'gem' version was permanent. Oh dear... I do not know how we should make decisions when events start. ??? How do we know for next event what to do??

It seems from this answer that both grapevines are permanent.

I can't get purple grapes today. Every collection has been green. Stuck on making grape tarts since I have no purple grapes. I'm sure this is by design...to get people to panic. I thought so on the BS2 event as well, collecting marshmallows, but I managed to finish with about a day and a half to spare. I'm sure I will get the grapes I need eventually without spending gems. And if I don't....I still have a source of grapes from the vines to make the crafts that are staying. It's all good :)

generalmadness
01-26-16, 11:05 PM
eta: I am a dingbat! ��

funforcatalina
01-26-16, 11:30 PM

I can't help but feel ripped off now...

1) the picture of the gilded vine gave the impression that you received more than 1 grape (see photos)
28064 This picture shows the coin vines with 2 grapes and the pergola with 4 grapes.
28065 The gilded vines show 3 grapes.
28066 Once again the pergola showing 4 grapes.

2) there was a common consensus in this forum that the coin vines would not be permanent therefore incentivizing us to purchase the gilded vines
3) I don't know about others but I fell in love with the tarts and donuts and therefore wanted to ensure that I would have an abundant amount of grapes to be able to enjoy crafting them
However, now that the donut is being removed and the coin vines are permanent it's painfully obvious that the aforementioned conclusions were all incorrect I can't help but feel foolish for having purchased 2 gilded vines.

noemata
01-27-16, 12:27 AM
Oh, I thought those initial screens were just to demonstrate that the vines produced purple OR green grapes......and not literally in numbers

jillybobs2
01-27-16, 02:16 AM

No green ones for me either. I'm stuck now as I need more green grapes for the tarts and all I get is purple. I have 2 coin vines and 1 gem vine.

minidemon88
01-27-16, 04:33 AM
Honestly speaking, the glided grapevine is a rip-off! It only give one random grape every 2hr, which is the same as the white grapevines(coins version). The only difference is the gems price tag. Also the pop-up for the glided grapevine is misleading, grow even more grapes?! Ya right, only ONE pathetic random grape. Now tell me, who in the right mind will though they will just get only ONE random grape for the gems price they paid? Not forgetting the 2hr timer is the same as the white grapevines. :rolleyes: And I do feel sorry for those who bought the glided grapevines, thinking that the white grapevines isn't permanent. The confirmation came too late.

I'm still stuck at quest #5, not enough purple grape to made tart. And I still need 3 more tarts to go. Probably need another 2-3 days judging by the drop rate. smh

myjacob11
01-27-16, 04:53 AM
Honestly speaking, the glided grapevine is a rip-off! It only give one random grape every 2hr, which is the same as the white grapevines(coins version). The only difference is the gems price tag. Also the pop-up for the glided grapevine is misleading, grow even more grapes?! Ya right, only ONE pathetic random grape. Now tell me, who in the right mind will though they will just get only ONE random grape for the gems price they paid? Not forgetting the 2hr timer is the same as the white grapevines. :rolleyes: And I do feel sorry for those who bought the glided grapevines, thinking that the white grapevines isn't permanent. The confirmation came too late.

I'm still stuck at quest #5, not enough purple grape to made tart. And I still need 3 more tarts to go. Probably need another 2-3 days judging by the drop rate. smh

I am done!!! And I don't feel ripped off I bought both gilded vines as well as the coin ones and I did use a few gems and a bundle pack to level up I always do and I don't feel bad about it because now I'm done and with the excess I can help others out. My pergola looks lovely 🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇

noemata
01-27-16, 04:55 AM
I don't think that paying the 74 gems for the one gilded grapevine is that bad esp. when grape growing and its recipes remain after the event.....

Mitzi111
01-27-16, 05:21 AM
YIKES... Suddenly 2 of my vines have the smoking tent around them like it is a new building ! What is up with that? Has anyone had that happen?

OH NO. And when the tent disappeared, the time went back to zero! With no grapes on the vines. UGH. I am already behind in this event. *pouting

Rynetory2
01-27-16, 06:22 AM

Thank you so much for the answers. :)

Rynetory2
01-27-16, 06:25 AM
YIKES... Suddenly 2 of my vines have the smoking tent around them like it is a new building ! What is up with that? Has anyone had that happen?

OH NO. And when the tent disappeared, the time went back to zero! With no grapes on the vines. UGH. I am already behind in this event. *pouting

Sorry that you lost your vines and grapes. Are your vines back to normal now?