PDA

View Full Version : In The Woods Storybook Adventure

19sparkles96
01-15-16, 12:30 PM
As COMPLETED on IOS with my iPad Mini 4

_____Level 50__________________________________

CHAPTER 1

"The warm morning sunlight softly came through the window of Gretel's room and gently woke her up.Gretel stretched her fuzzy little arms and jumped out of bed to go eat breakfast with her brother Hansel but when she got to the kitchen he wasn't there. Gretel called out to Hansel but there was no answer. She was about to go check his room when she noticed a note on the kitchen table."

1- Plant Aura Apples x4 Skip 4 gems_________________
2- Harvest Aura Apples x4 Skip 4 gems_______________

Reward Gretel Unlock Early 5 gems__________________

CHAPTER 2

"The note was from Hansel and it said: "Good Morning Gretel, I wanted to make some delicious wild berry muffins for breakfast but we are all out of wild berries so I'm going to the forest to pick some more. I'll be back soon. -Hansel" Gretel finished reading the note, threw it back on the table and quickly ran out the door to go find her brother."

1- Raise Gretel to level 4 Skip 14 gems______________
2- Harvest Adventurnips x3 Skip 12 gems____________

Reward 5 Realm Runes Unlock Early 10 gems_________

CHAPTER 3

"Gretel was fearful of the forest because her last berry collecting adventure resulted in her coming face-to-face with the evil Weasel Witch! Seeing the witch scared Gretel so much that she dropped her basket of berries and ran home so quickly that her favorite pink bow fell out of her hair. Gretel was nervous about returning to the woods, but she knew she had to find her brother before the witch did."

1- Visit Community Members x3 Skip 6 gems________
2- Hatch a Plantlers Skip 25 gems_________________

Reward 8,000 Apples Unlock Early 15 gems_________

CHAPTER 4

"Gretel had been running for a while and still no sign of Hansel anywhere. She sat down on a Mystical Mushroom to take a quick break when suddenly she heard a strange rustling noise and saw the bushes near her begin to move. Gretel froze in place, made a gasping sound, and stared at the bush expecting to see the evil Weasel Witch emerge."

1- Raise Gretel to level 7 Skip 17 gems____________
2- Feed your Plantlers x20 Skip 20 gems___________
3- Harvest Mana Bananas x4 Skip 8 gems__________

Reward Mystical Mushroom Chair (Decoration) Unlock Early 20 gems

CHAPTER 5

"But it wasn't the Weasel Witch that emerged it was an adorable Plantlers. Gretel was so relieved that she ran over to the Plantlers, threw her arms around it and gave it a giant hug. She told her new animal friend about her missing brother and her encounter with the evil Weasel Witch. The Plantlers smiled and told Gretel that the Weasel Witch was not evil at all but rather extremely kind and served as a guardian to all the forest creatures. Gretel was doubtful of what her new friend had just told her, after all she had seen the witch and had quite a different opinion. The Plantlers then told Gretel that the witch may help her find her brother Hansel."

1- Raise Gretel to level 10 Skip 20 gems__________
2- Harvest Power Pears x5 Skip 15 gems__________
3- Feed your Plantlers x15 Skip 15 gems__________
4- Harvest Wild Berries x65 Skip 50 gems_________
You get wild berries from harvesting your farms
Reward 8,000 coins Unlock Early 25 gems

CHAPTER 6

"The Plantlers and an uneasy Gretel headed out in search of the Weasel Witch. They came upon a part of the forest that seemed darker than the rest. Gretel got a little spooked and walked a little closer to her new friend. When they arrived at the Weasel Witch's house, Gretel stood on the front porch, turned to the Plantlers, and asked if it was really a good idea to do this. The Plantlers assured Gretel that it was okay and that the witch was a friend to all in the forest."

1- Raise Gretel to level 15 Skip 45 gems_________
2- Hatch a Fire Fox Skip 25 gems_______________

Reward The Weasel Witch Unlock Early 30 gems

CHAPTER 7

"Gretel took a deep breath and knocked on the door. She heard some footsteps and then the doorknob began to turn. Gretel took a step back and watched as the door slowly opened. Gretel again was face-to-face with the witch. She turned to run but she remembered that she needed to be strong and do whatever she could to find her brother. As she turned to face the witch again, she was quickly grabbed by the arm and pulled inside the witch's house."

1- Plant Aura Apples x6 Skip 16 gems__________
2- Raise Weasel Witch to level 4 Skip 14 gems___
3- Harvest Buttons x55 (From Food) Skip 50 gems

Reward 10,000 Apples Unlock Early 35 gems

CHAPTER 8

"The witch told Gretel that she had something for her. Gretel watched nervously as the witch reached into the cupboard. What she retrieved from the cupboard, however, was nothing to be alarmed about. It was Gretel's berry basket and her favorite pink bow! Gretel was so happy to get her basket and bow back but what she really wanted to find was Hansel.The witch then showed Gretel another treasure, a little button she found by a White Sapling in the clearing of the forest. "That's my brother's button!" shouted Gretel."

1- Feed your Fire Fox x15 Skip 25 gems________
2- Plant Adventurnips x5 Skip 15 gems_________
3- Raise your Weasel Witch to level 7 Skip 17 gems
4- Harvest Buttons x30 Skip 30 gems

Reward White Sapling (Decoration) Unlock Early 40 gems

CHAPTER 9

"Gretel asked the witch if she knew where her brother was and if she could help find him. The witch told Gretel she had not seen Hansel but the Firefox could guide them to the clearing where she found the button. Gretel and Plantlers thanked the witch and followed the firefox back into the woods."

1- Raise your Weasel Witch to level 10 Skip 20 gems
2- Hatch a Ranguin Skip 25 gems_____________
3- Harvest Mini Pumpkins x4 Skip 12 gems________

Reward 10 Gems Unlock Early 50 gems

CHAPTER 10

"The three arrived at the Fairy Forest: a beautiful clearing surrounded by white saplings. There they found..."Hansel!" Gretel cried as she ran over and gave him a huge hug! Hansel was happy that Gretel found him and he told her that he had gotten lost running away from the evil Weasel Witch. Gretel told Hansel that the witch was actually very nice and had helped her find him. Just then the witch appeared. Hansel covered his eyes and Gretel smiled and told him everything is going to be fine. The witch filled the bears basket's with wild berries and showed them a shortcut out of the woods. As soon as the bears arrived home, they made some delicious wild berry muffins to eat and share with all their new friends."

1- Harvest Adventurnips x5 Skip 25 gems_______
2- Raise your Weasel Witch to level 15 Skip 195 gems
3- Feed your Ranguin x12 Skip 24 gems
4- Harvest Bows x60 Skip 60 gems

Reward Hansel

The End

31aug2002
01-15-16, 12:49 PM
Thank you 19sparkles96!!
And an advance thanks to all players providing with info.

Sandybellee
01-15-16, 12:51 PM
I'll need to see what would be the best day to start this for my schedule. Nice to have another Storybook! Not too excited about any of the reward animals so far, though.

ninasidstorm8
01-15-16, 12:52 PM
There is a sale for the Firefox and Rainguin in the shop. We will probably need to breed them during the Storybook Adventure.

Chapter 1 Act 2 is to harvest the Aurora Apples x4 Prize is Gretal., she is a Water/Fire animal.

LauraGSJK
01-15-16, 02:52 PM
Thank you so much 19Sparkles96 for posting the information. Very Helpful!

I wish everyone good luck. I hope you have fun!

Sakrysta
01-15-16, 03:21 PM
Anyone know how long Gretel takes to hatch?

flowless
01-15-16, 03:49 PM
Anyone know how long Gretel takes to hatch?

6hours

Thanks sparkel96
Very very helpful
The habuit is one of my favourite

jojopeanut
01-15-16, 04:18 PM
Not crazy about the new habitat though looks to much like swanlake.

Sandybellee
01-15-16, 04:55 PM
Thank you so much for sharing all the steps, 19sparkles96!

federerGOAT
01-15-16, 05:01 PM
Thanks 19sparkles96.

How many apples is needed to feed both animals to epic?

Buttercup0001
01-15-16, 06:21 PM
Storybook and a tournament, wow aint we spoilt lol Thanks so much to 19Sparkles96 for posting the steps. It really helps for planning in advance.
I've completed step 1 and Gretel is in the nest and adventurnips have been planted in preparation for step 2.
Goodluck all.

jbb4ever
01-15-16, 07:47 PM
Does anyone know when the final day to start the storybook adventure is? Also, thanks 19sparkles96 for sharing the steps! It helps tremendously to know what needs to be done in advance!

jojopeanut
01-15-16, 08:02 PM
Gretel is in her first evolution time is 4HRS.

jojopeanut
01-15-16, 08:29 PM
Chapter 5 step 4 says harvest wild berries x6 I don't have/see any wild berries? Do they show up later? I have 6 grand farms.

BiggerBubbles
01-15-16, 08:35 PM
Does anyone know when the final day to start the storybook adventure is? Also, thanks 19sparkles96 for sharing the steps! It helps tremendously to know what needs to be done in advance!

Think it said 18/1 PST when the words flew past! I'm planning to wait to get the tournament over and to get enough runes to expand as I have nowhere to put anyone.

Does anyone know what type of habitat Weasel Witch needs as I'm not sure I can afford the new one?

BiggerBubbles
01-15-16, 08:37 PM
Chapter 5 step 4 says harvest wild berries x6 I don't have/see any wild berries? Do they show up later? I have 6 grand farms.

I would expect to get the wild berries thrown in when you harvest food, as usual. Don't think it would be a new type of food to grow.

jojopeanut
01-15-16, 09:26 PM
Decided to go ahead and try for Plantlers and if I were lucky enough leave in breeding den till time. Glad I did 13HR fail.

rbkj
01-15-16, 09:28 PM
Thanks!!

calvinxx
01-16-16, 12:19 AM
I am choosing not to play this storybook for a few reasons.

1. I find all three animals really unattractive. I hate when they put clothes on them and try and make them look humanoid. And a Hansel and Gretel? Those are literally the names from the fairy tale. Like cmon I'm not gonna go around saying "Oh I'm gonna use my Hansel for this battle" or "I'm gonna breed my Pyro Pony with my Gretel". Just no.

2. Lack of space. I have no room to place the new habitat because S8 refuses to give us expansions. I'm not gonna waste what limited space I have in my forest to place animals I don't even like.

3. I would rather use my apples to make creatures I actually like into epic. I don't want to waste all my built up apples to bring two ugly creatures to epic. I've always thought that was a very unfair aspect of the storybook adventures because it takes so long to build up apples. Don't force us to use them on specific animals

With my negative rant being over I hope people succeed at this storybook and enjoy the new habitat and creatures if you choose to place them in your forests

AliceWinter24
01-16-16, 02:20 AM
I like Gretel better in adult form. It's typical that I don't want to evolve all the animals to epic, but then I miss out on the other two animals ...

Sandybellee
01-16-16, 02:43 AM

1. I find all three animals really unattractive. I hate when they put clothes on them and try and make them look humanoid. And a Hansel and Gretel? Those are literally the names from the fairy tale. Like cmon I'm not gonna go around saying "Oh I'm gonna use my Hansel for this battle" or "I'm gonna breed my Pyro Pony with my Gretel". Just no.

2. Lack of space. I have no room to place the new habitat because S8 refuses to give us expansions. I'm not gonna waste what limited space I have in my forest to place animals I don't even like.

3. I would rather use my apples to make creatures I actually like into epic. I don't want to waste all my built up apples to bring two ugly creatures to epic. I've always thought that was a very unfair aspect of the storybook adventures because it takes so long to build up apples. Don't force us to use them on specific animals

With my negative rant being over I hope people succeed at this storybook and enjoy the new habitat and creatures if you choose to place them in your forests

I totally get it! I have the same problem with these animals - they have clothes on and look too humanoid. I really don't want to give away 3 spaces in my forest for them when I have really cool animals in storage that I'd love to hatch. I will probably never ever hatch Hansel if I go that far in the Storybook.

I haven't decided what to do yet... But I haven't regretted not getting Wild Wondercat for a second and there are always more Storybooks to come...

kuppikahvia
01-16-16, 06:20 AM

You inspired me!
I was thinking more or less the same things so I decided to check the forum and... yeah, that's how I feel, too!
Not going to throw away so much space and so many apples for animals I totally dislike, just for the sake of "completing something", no thx!!!
And this leaves us more time to try and breed animal which - again - we really want to get.
Thank you and happy breeding ;)
K.

littelprincess0313
01-16-16, 07:39 AM
You inspired me!
I was thinking more or less the same things so I decided to check the forum and... yeah, that's how I feel, too!
Not going to throw away so much space and so many apples for animals I totally dislike, just for the sake of "completing something", no thx!!!
And this leaves us more time to try and breed animal which - again - we really want to get.
K.

Hey :) came to the forum for the same reason. I think Hansel is very ugly and even more ugly is the final form of the witch so I was unsure if I should finish or stop with the witch at lv 10. And you guys helped me to realise that having an animal good looking is way more important than finish an event. So thx and Im still hoping that the developers will rethink the evolution to lv 15 part cause this will be the second storybook I will stopp because of that ;)

Sandybellee
01-16-16, 07:46 AM
Hey :) came to the forum for the same reason. I think Hansel is very ugly and even more ugly is the final form of the witch so I was unsure if I should finish or stop with the witch at lv 10. And you guys helped me to realise that having an animal good looking is way more important than finish an event. So thx and Im still hoping that the developers will rethink the evolution to lv 15 part cause this will be the second storybook I will stopp because of that ;)

Glad to know others think like this, too! I still haven't decided how far to go but any pressure to finish is certainly gone. I think the weasel is pretty cute as a juvenile but I don't even want to evolve it to adult. :)

kittenthief
01-16-16, 08:10 AM
I'm tired of working so hard at storybooks with terrible reward creatures. They're so ugly. ;____;

Drachenia
01-16-16, 08:36 AM
Hi, I think Hansel and Gretel beautifully. It's a nice idea of ​​TL designer, just beautiful, I'm thrilled. Hello we play Fantasy Forest and since they are easy in Hansel and Gretel. It's otherwise boring, always crocodiles, turtles, etc. to have. Oh the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland would be a great inhabitants of our forests or the Grinning cat and the Hatter u.s.w. Thank you again for this great Storybook TL. :D

ninasidstorm8
01-16-16, 09:17 AM
Chapter 2 completed and the 5 Realm Runes collected. Chapter 3 presents the first challenge where a Plantlers needs to be hatched. For past Storybooks, hatching has meant, both moving an egg to the nest or moving the animal from the nest to a habitat, so I assumethat will be the case for this one as well. I will take a short break from breeding Conducktors (5 so far trying for the Winter Equifox) to try for a Planther when my Breeding Den comes available in 6 1/2 hours. I hope to get the Plantlers on the first try since I am overdue for a Super Rare and I would hate to waste one on Earth/Nature since I have those. A Zombee fail would not be so bad.

Gretel is in the Evolution Flower for the second time and when she is done, she will return for a third time, so I should have her up to level 15 before the end of the day. So far so good.

calvinxx
01-16-16, 10:33 AM
You inspired me!
K.

I'm glad to hear people are feeling the same way! My goal has always been to collect every animal because I'm a perfectionist like that and I probably would have continued this way if S8 gave us regular expansions. But now that it comes down to actually having to choose which animals I can place in my forest simply due to space, the ugly ones are out first lol

I also am happy for the people who enjoy the look of these storybook creatures because playing the storybook does bring a new exciting element to the game instead of the monotonous breeding. So I hope whoever partakes can complete it :)

jbb4ever
01-16-16, 11:41 AM
Thank you BiggerBubbles for the info. I want to wait as well until the tournament is over to start the storybook, that is why I wanted to know when the final day to start it would be.

jojopeanut
01-16-16, 12:07 PM
Gretel in for final evolution all evolution times are 4 HRS for her. 9 HR timer in breeding den. So far so good.

Scribbles138
01-16-16, 03:19 PM
I started chapter two late, having to finish a conducktor fail first. Put Gretel into the nest and just took her out to feed her and pop her in for her first evolution. In just under two hours, my Hippogryph will finish breeding, and I'll try for a Plantlers and plant the turnips so they're finished when Gretel does. If I'm lucky enough to get a Plantlers first try, it still won't be until tomorrow afternoon when the Hippogryph is finished hatching, but chapter three is easy enough to finish within a few minutes if I get the Plantlers right away. If I fall behind, it shouldn't be too hard to catch up, as I'll keep my Gretel evolving until she's epic, and the only roadblock in the next few days will be the Plantlers. With how often I get them regularly, I'm hoping it won't be too difficult this time around!

jim23cash
01-16-16, 03:41 PM
I'm glad to hear people are feeling the same way! My goal has always been to collect every animal because I'm a perfectionist like that and I probably would have continued this way if S8 gave us regular expansions. But now that it comes down to actually having to choose which animals I can place in my forest simply due to space, the ugly ones are out first lol

I also am happy for the people who enjoy the look of these storybook creatures because playing the storybook does bring a new exciting element to the game instead of the monotonous breeding. So I hope whoever partakes can complete it :)

I also like to complete everything, and don't really mind what these look like... A lot of the animals are sorta unattractive , IMO. If possible, I would like to complete this challenge. The real problem for me is space. I had a homeless animal on the nest, and had to upgrade (500 gems!!!) just to put Gretel on the nest! Then I had to upgrade another habitat (500 more gems!!) Now, reading ahead, we also have to breed AND FEED a Plantler and a Firefox! That's 2 more spaces I DONT HAVE!
I obviously buy gems. I have upgraded almost all of my habitats. How the heck am I supposed to play if you make it impossible for me?
GIVE US EXPANSIONS ALREADY!
:( Annie

ninasidstorm8
01-16-16, 03:59 PM
I also like to complete everything, and don't really mind what these look like... A lot of the animals are sorta unattractive , IMO. If possible, I would like to complete this challenge. The real problem for me is space. I had a homeless animal on the nest, and had to upgrade (500 gems!!!) just to put Gretel on the nest! Then I had to upgrade another habitat (500 more gems!!) Now, reading ahead, we also have to breed AND FEED a Plantler and a Firefox! That's 2 more spaces I DONT HAVE!
I obviously buy gems. I have upgraded almost all of my habitats. How the heck am I supposed to play if you make it impossible for me?
GIVE US EXPANSIONS ALREADY!
:( Annie

I understand your frustrations but one thought on the breeding of common animals. Sell your current Plantler to make room for the one you breed, that way no new space is required for them. That way you only need space for Gretel and the Weasel Witch. I am constantly, replacing my upper level common and rare animals with babies to account for these events. Also, since it is really easy to breed common animals, one way to reclaim space is to sell commons and breed them again later on when more space is allotted. I know it is frustrating to not be able to house all the animals but these are some sugggestions that might work for you. Personally, I just keep a lot of animals in storage (currently 48). At least I know I have them even if I can't show them off.

I hope you find a solution that is workable for your game.

ninasidstorm8
01-16-16, 04:27 PM
Looks like a bad start for Chapter 3. My first try for a Plantler is a 14 hour timer. I have already sold a few Grassquatchs and Hedgehogs, so it will just delay my Storybook Adventure progress. It's too bad, a Plantler would have worked out perfectly since it would have been ready to move to the nest shortly after Chapter 3 would start. I was hoping only to use one breeding attempt and get in a few more attempts at the Winter Equifox.

Scribbles138
01-16-16, 05:18 PM
Looks like a bad start for Chapter 3. My first try for a Plantler is a 14 hour timer. I have already sold a few Grassquatchs and Hedgehogs, so it will just delay my Storybook Adventure progress. It's too bad, a Plantler would have worked out perfectly since it would have been ready to move to the nest shortly after Chapter 3 would start. I was hoping only to use one breeding attempt and get in a few more attempts at the Winter Equifox.

Mine too. First attempt is a Bamboon. :(

ogreve
01-16-16, 05:39 PM
Same here. First attempt is 14 hours.
Great.
Especially after 7-8 consecutive Conducktors and after from the Spin to Win (in 4 free turns and 6 bought ones) having only gotten precisely the two animals that I already had (2 Growvines, 1 Typhoon Tiger) and not the Lamb, nor the Toronado which I *REALLY* wanted.
Not much fun in FFS like this. I'm looking for a bit of an "up" again after this massive FFS down of the past two weeks...

Scribbles138
01-16-16, 06:03 PM
I don't think I'll finish chapter 2 tomorrow now, depending on how late I want to stay up. The Hippogryph is done around 1pm tomorrow, at which time I'll have to put the Bamboon in...it'll be ready late tomorrow night, which means even if I get a Plantlers with my second attempt, I won't get to hatch it until close to midnight...I don't want to spend gems to speed, considering I'll be buying the new habitat...I like to finish on time, and tend to get impatient but I have to remind myself that I can catch up on later chapters.

JeffW60
01-16-16, 06:22 PM
I have to say, I'm not real crazy about this storybook. I'm taking part in in right now. I've got a 9 hour timer so I'm pretty sure I have s Plantler. But I'm debating on whether to stop. I have a lot of food and need to level up some of my animals, so I might just go that route and stop the storybook.

AquaFinaCafe
01-16-16, 10:26 PM
Come on team lava step y'all game up like really..good game going to waste..first off y'all decreased the gem amount for downloading and playing other games which takes up to much space on ppl devices even purchasing gems cost to much..2nd of all the days to complete the battle arenas and the spin the wheel events are just bull **** cause its not enough time to do anything then the waiting time between the events and spinning the wheel are just outrageous still making it hard to complete what about new starters y'all don't think about ya ll supporters..like fr instead of making these games better y'all just sucking the fun outta these games trying to force ppl into spending their hard earned money into these flugazey Ax's games...fix the problems and stop being greedy..I'm sure y'all making enough money from the supporters who do come out they pocket..but do ya ll care enough to give back instead of just taking..2016 bout time storm8 thinks about storm8 and not IOS.. Apple making their money from their products what about team lava and their games that always seems to have issues rs

Sandybellee
01-17-16, 02:18 AM
Same here. First attempt is 14 hours.
Great.
Especially after 7-8 consecutive Conducktors and after from the Spin to Win (in 4 free turns and 6 bought ones) having only gotten precisely the two animals that I already had (2 Growvines, 1 Typhoon Tiger) and not the Lamb, nor the Toronado which I *REALLY* wanted.
Not much fun in FFS like this. I'm looking for a bit of an "up" again after this massive FFS down of the past two weeks...

Wishing you get that FFS up very soon, friend! The forum is just not the same without you. I definitely miss your daily contributions. :)

ogreve
01-17-16, 03:43 AM
Wishing you get that FFS up very soon, friend! The forum is just not the same without you. I definitely miss your daily contributions. :)

Tnx Sandy!
A 45 hour timer would suit me really nicely now, or something else that's cool and that's not loooong fail after looong fail...
Well, at least I could make an expansion, bought the new habitat, have my blue plots done and the flash tournament is going surprisingly easy so far (I'm on the Moleten now)... Now let's hope for some breeding luck..

LonePudding
01-17-16, 07:39 AM
First try for a Plantlers and got 14 hours too. I'm wasting valuable Winter Equifox breeding time!

ninasidstorm8
01-17-16, 09:58 AM
My first try for the Plantlers turned out to be a Grassquatch. I am so disappointed to get a Super Rare with this combination after getting only commons trying for the Winter Equifox. This Grassquatch will be sold as the were the last few that I bred last year since I don't feel the need to keep more than the 3 I already have.

On a better note, I did get a 9 hour timer on the second try. I have already visited 3 community members, so once I move the Plantlers to the nest, I will complete Chapter 3. That should happen later today and I will have about 4 1/2 hours to wait for the next Chapter to start. So, I am on track as far as the Storybook is concerned.

Planning for Chapter 4: I have a Level 4 Plantlers already to go with my new one.
Act 1: I have already raised Gretel to level 15, so I already meet this Act of Raising Gretel to Level 7
Act 2: I will raise my level 4 Plantlers to Level 8 to meet this act of Feed your Plantlers x20
Act 3: I will plant 4 farms with Mana Bananas tonight so that I can meet this Act of Harvest Mana Bananas x4.

So I will be able to complete Chapter 4 within minutes of waking up tomorrow and before I even have to place the new Planters in my Forest. I have a space ready for the new Plantlers, so I will keep both until I reach Chapter 5. I will probably sell the level 8 Plantlers at that time and Feed the new one and evolve it through level 4. It depends on whether or not I will need my currently empty Evolution Flower.

There are really only 3 challenges in this Storybook to players that have a large supply of food ready for the event.
Chapter 3 Act 2: Hatch a Plantlers
Chapter 6 Act 2: Hatch a Fire Fox
Chapter 9 Act 2: Hatch a Ranguin

So the first challenge has been completed. I will do some further thinking today about my breeding strategy to determine how many if any, breeding attempts I can make before trying for the Firefox.

Good Luck to the players participating in this event.

Sandybellee
01-17-16, 12:27 PM
Well, I started this. Maybe it will improve my breeding luck. I will hatch Gretel and get at least the 5 runes from chapter 2. Good luck to everyone!

BiggerBubbles
01-17-16, 01:45 PM
Thank you BiggerBubbles for the info. I want to wait as well until the tournament is over to start the storybook, that is why I wanted to know when the final day to start it would be.

No problems, it is actually 18/1 at 11:30am! What a strange time. I have now finished the tournament, and have an expansion happening. Now if I can only find out what type the Witch Weasel is I can plan a habitat as I don't want to spend the 200 gems so may have to do some shuffling. Good luck.

Sandybellee
01-17-16, 01:55 PM
No problems, it is actually 18/1 at 11:30am! What a strange time. I have now finished the tournament, and have an expansion happening. Now if I can only find out what type the Witch Weasel is I can plan a habitat as I don't want to spend the 200 gems so may have to do some shuffling. Good luck.

Weasel Witch is dark-water. Good luck!

jojopeanut
01-17-16, 01:59 PM
My plan for for Chapter 4 I already have an lvl 15 planters I hatched one last night completed Chapter 3 I decided to try for a 2nd planters and was lucky to breed one that will be ready also. So between the 2 babys I can alternate my first feedings without hold up waiting on evolution. Gretel is already lvl 15.

Looking ahead I plan to use gems to skip hatching a Ranguin I already have 1 lvl 12 might as well go ahead and make him epic when time comes in the later chapter for feeding.

I'm must be half asleep lol I was thinking of my a rockadile. Everything I said about Ranguin scratch that she's lvl 5 but I still will not need to breed one.

BiggerBubbles
01-17-16, 02:01 PM
Please, has anybody finished chapter 6 and got the Weasel Witch? What type is she, Gretel is water/fire, the new habitat is dark/earth/fire, so need to know what old Witchey is as I don't want to spend my last gems on a special habitat. Depending on what I get and what Hansel is he may just have to stay in storage. Can anybody help?

BiggerBubbles
01-17-16, 02:06 PM
Weasel Witch is dark-water. Good luck!

Thankyou, I must have been typing in my last post when you posted this. Don't suppose you know what Hansel is too or am I pushing my luck?

Sandybellee
01-17-16, 02:08 PM
Thankyou, I must have been typing in my last post when you posted this. Don't suppose you know what Hansel is too or am I pushing my luck?

No problem. Hansel is nature-earth. :)

natxjkkggg
01-17-16, 02:08 PM
Weasel witch is dark/water!

Scribbles138
01-17-16, 02:21 PM
Got the Plantlers with my second attempt, so tomorrow morning I'll be able to hatch it to finish chapter two and start right in on chapter three.

SmaugyHobit
01-17-16, 02:23 PM
I breed my planters but before the story started I got a 45 hour timer so now must wait for this Emerald Dragon to hatch, I hope this doesn't affect me getting Hansel x.x

ogreve
01-17-16, 03:02 PM
Well, well, well.... after a most unwelcome 14 hour Hedgehog fail, earlier today I got the Plantlers on my main account. It is on the nest now and I'm back on track. I quickly put in another gem-water-electric breeding and finally got the sought after 16 hour timer!
Now let's just hope it's not that utterly ugly Beever. :O

My secondary account is not doing so well; first a 14 hour Hedgehog fail (just like on the main one) and it was followed by a 13 hour fail (Zombee, I believe?). That latter one is actually not bad as I don't have that one yet on my secondary account. I do hope the next attempt gives me a Plantlers though...

groovyedwin
01-17-16, 09:26 PM
Two questions:
How do you get Wild Berries?
How do you get Bows?

ninasidstorm8
01-17-16, 09:36 PM
Two questions:
How do you get Wild Berries?
How do you get Bows?

I haven't gotten that far but due to the description and placement of the task within the Storybook Adventure, I assume they are tokens received by harvesting crops from farms. We will probably get at least one of these tokens for each hour of growing time of the crop and most likely more than 1 token/hr.

jojopeanut
01-17-16, 10:37 PM
Think I'll make my first breeding attempt for firefox tomorrow I want to hopefully have the egg on the nest and hatch it immediately when it comes time. So my nest is empty to immediately put weasel witch on it.

Anyone know yet how long to hatch weasel witch?

ogreve
01-18-16, 02:25 AM
YES!!
Finally a nice break! The 16 hour timer was a Winter Equifox!!! :)
The Storybook is nicely on track. My baby Plantlers is evolving now, and in 5 hours it shall simply receive the further 5 feedings for completing today's feeding step. After that IIRC I only have to harvest a batch of Mana Bananas. Plenty of time for all of it, so no need to feed my adult Plantlers. I don't really mind feeding it (I built up a 300+ K food reserve and Gretel is already an epic) but I don't like how the Plantlers "gets the blues" when it's made an epic (and I don't want to have it clutter the list of epic animals).

My secondary account is also in line for catching up today. After having gotten two long timers (14 hour Hedgehog followed by a 13 hour Zombee (new for that forest)) I did get the 9 hour Plantlers last night. It's on the nest now and can later be fed, evolved, etc. so as to meet today's steps too and catch up.

natxjkkggg
01-18-16, 05:16 AM
Hallo is this correct: the total Food amount for Gretel and Weasel whitch is 174 920 apples?? And Hansel has not to be feeded??

ninasidstorm8
01-18-16, 08:38 AM
Chapter 4 went as expected. I did deviate from my plan slightly as I realized that Mana Bannas only have a one hour harvest time so there was no need to plant them overnight. I planted my usual Nexus Nuts and then planted the Mana Bannas first thing in the morning on 3 farms and Charm Cherries on the rest. Harvested them and completed Chapter 4.

This gives me a day off from the Storybook as I am well prepared for the next chapter. Gretel is already at Level 15, I have a Level 1 and a Level 8 Plantlers to feed. I will plat Nexus Nuts tonight. Depending on my mood, I will harvest 1 or 2 of the farms to plant the Power Pears and wait until I have harvested the 5 Power Pears crops to harvest the remaining Nexus Nuts to get a head start on collecting the Wild Berries. This strategy has worked really well in past Storybook Adventures and it minimizes the impact on my normal food production.

Scribbles138
01-18-16, 08:34 PM
I'm on the same path as you, ninasidstorm8. Got my Plantlers hatched this morning, and instead of going back to try for the Winter Equifox, I tried for another Plantlers last night and got it. So I did have to wait through the first evolution, but that wasn't bad. I've now got a level 4 and a level 1 to feed when required. I will plant an 8 hour crop though, before bed tonight, versus my regular nexus nuts. I'll harvest one in the morning and use that for 15 minutes of power pears. Gretel is Epic, so depending on how many wild berries drop, tomorrow should only take a few hours max with charm cherries through the day like usual.

dala12
01-19-16, 12:33 AM
Why is someone saying that Gretel and Hansel are ugly....? I think all my monsters are ugly. So why complaining now? But I love mine! So I doing this for fun and I hope you are having fun too!

ogreve
01-19-16, 02:19 AM
The berries are given with a 2.5 berries to 1 hour growing time ratio.
My Mystic Mangos (8 hours) gave me 20 berries each, and my Nexus Nuts (5 hours) gave me 12 berries.
This is then a very easy step to meet.

31aug2002
01-19-16, 04:00 AM
YES!!
Finally a nice break! The 16 hour timer was a Winter Equifox!!! :)
The Storybook is nicely on track. My baby Plantlers is evolving now, and in 5 hours it shall simply receive the further 5 feedings for completing today's feeding step. After that IIRC I only have to harvest a batch of Mana Bananas. Plenty of time for all of it, so no need to feed my adult Plantlers. I don't really mind feeding it (I built up a 300+ K food reserve and Gretel is already an epic) but I don't like how the Plantlers "gets the blues" when it's made an epic (and I don't want to have it clutter the list of epic animals).

My secondary account is also in line for catching up today. After having gotten two long timers (14 hour Hedgehog followed by a 13 hour Zombee (new for that forest)) I did get the 9 hour Plantlers last night. It's on the nest now and can later be fed, evolved, etc. so as to meet today's steps too and catch up.
Congratulations on the winter Equinox!!!
Well it seems you have got that UP you wanted in FFS!!
As far as the storybook goes , I have had smooth sailing till now!!
But my winter Equinox attempts have ended in one beever( I already have ) one Falconch ( again I have ) and endless , countless conducktors. :(:(

Corrilla
01-19-16, 05:20 AM
Where do I find WILD BERRIES??? They are NOT listed in my Planters. HELP!!!!

Scribbles138
01-19-16, 06:07 AM
Where do I find WILD BERRIES??? They are NOT listed in my Planters. HELP!!!!

You get them when harvesting crops. As Ogreve said above, you get 2.5 wild berries for ever hour of growing time.

Scribbles138
01-19-16, 06:08 AM
The berries are given with a 2.5 berries to 1 hour growing time ratio.
My Mystic Mangos (8 hours) gave me 20 berries each, and my Nexus Nuts (5 hours) gave me 12 berries.
This is then a very easy step to meet.

I was surprised that the yield was 2.5 per hour. I was prepared to have to harvest a few times this morning before completing the chapter. Guess I could have planted nexus nuts overnight anyways! :)

ninasidstorm8
01-19-16, 08:16 AM
I think the ratio on the Wild Berries varies slightly. When I harvested my 5 hour crops I received 13 for four of them and 12 for one. I managed to get one for harvesting 1 Power Pear as well.

I completed Chapter 5 this morning. Gretel was already at level 15 for Act 1. I harvest 1 crop of Nexus Nuts to plant Power Pears and harvest them 5 times to complete Act 2. Then planted one more Power Pear to grow while feeding the Planters. I fed my level 1 Planters 15 times to get it through level 3 to complete Act 3. Then I harvested my remaining 5 farms of Nexus Nut to get 64 Wild Berries (4-13 and 1-12). I then harvested the Power Pear crop and I was happy to get the last Wild Berry I needed to complete Act 6 and Chapter 5.

I'll have to wait until later today to start trying for the Firefox since I have a Beever fail to hatch form my unsuccessful attempt at getting a Winter Equifox.

jojopeanut
01-19-16, 09:56 AM
I got 20 wild berries for each of my 8 hr crops on 6 farms. Firefox on the nest. Thus will be the easiest chapter to finish Gretel is lvl 15 already. I'll hatch fire fox and put weasel witch on nest.

Tinks1950
01-19-16, 12:31 PM
I don't have Wild Berries in my farms! What's up with that?!?!

Scribbles138
01-19-16, 12:32 PM
I don't have Wild Berries in my farms! What's up with that?!?!

You get them by harvesting crops.

Scribbles138
01-19-16, 12:35 PM
Just popped my pyro pony and skyger in to try to get the Firefox, considering I've got a 16 hour wait for the beever to finish...and here I go and get a 13 hour timer. :mad:

ninasidstorm8
01-19-16, 06:31 PM
Waited out my Beever fail and put my Crystal Unicorn and an Ember Bear into the Breeding Den to get a Firefox with the possibility of getting the new Garnet Griffin, Ruby Razorback or Jade Kirin. My 264th attempt for a Gem hybrid resulted in my 264th failure but I did get the 9 hour timer for the Firefox needed for the Storybook Adventure. I have a Conductor in the nest that will block the Firefox until tomorrow morning but since Chapter 6 only requires a Firefox to be hatched and Gretel to reach level 15 (which I have already done), I will be able to easily complete the Chapter 6 early tomorrow.

That leaves the one remaining challenge being to breed a Rainguin for Chapter 9 Act 2.

mariyana2014
01-19-16, 11:40 PM
Put Crystal Unicorn with Conducktor as final try to get Winter Equifox, but I got 42 hours timer :D.

Now I have to wait 84 hours to hatch a Firefox and complete chapter 6. :eek:

idrispad
01-20-16, 12:21 AM
Why is someone saying that Gretel and Hansel are ugly....? I think all my monsters are ugly. So why complaining now? But I love mine! So I doing this for fun and I hope you are having fun too!

I imagine they are simply expression a personal opinion. I think they are ugly too - I don't like them because of the clothes and I don't like the Wondercat for the same reason.

I decided not to pursue this storybook beyond the level that rewards 5 rune realms and am concentrating on other stuff - I have loads of animals that need hatching and feeding!

xellosspoo
01-20-16, 01:09 AM
Is the Plantlers Super Rare??? I've gotten my 4th bamboon breeding now, 1 (maybe 2) grassquatch, and 1 hedgehog. And yet I can't breed the supposedly "common" Plantlers. This is just so FRUSTRATING.

31aug2002
01-20-16, 02:33 AM
Just popped my pyro pony and skyger in to try to get the Firefox, considering I've got a 16 hour wait for the beever to finish...and here I go and get a 13 hour timer. :mad:

I am in the same boat!! Popped in the Crystal unicorn with the swan Prince for a double advantage and up popped 13 hrs... :(:(

31aug2002
01-20-16, 02:35 AM
Is the Plantlers Super Rare??? I've gotten my 4th bamboon breeding now, 1 (maybe 2) grassquatch, and 1 hedgehog. And yet I can't breed the supposedly "common" Plantlers. This is just so FRUSTRATING.
I feel for you... Sometimes it is so difficult to get the commons...

Mytyme123
01-20-16, 04:05 AM
I got to this same part of the story book and could not find the wild berries. I have both sized farms and the fruit is not available at either farm. Help, please.

Scribbles138
01-20-16, 04:47 AM
I got to this same part of the story book and could not find the wild berries. I have both sized farms and the fruit is not available at either farm. Help, please.

You get them by harvesting crops.

Scribbles138
01-20-16, 04:49 AM
Yesterday's 13 hour fail went into the next today, parents back in, and again, 13 hours. Looks like the earliest the chapter will be finished is tomorrow, IF I I manage to breed the Firefox with my next attempt.

xellosspoo
01-20-16, 04:51 AM
I feel for you... Sometimes it is so difficult to get the commons...

I could understand if there were 2 commons and I kept getting the other amongst rares and super rares. But to get no common breedings, when right beforethis, breeding other combinations to get the new rare animals gives me common 90% of the time.

The thing is that I genereally don't mind buying and spending gems to help (or outright get the animal if I'm out of time), but at this point I refuse to spend the 25 gems to skip or the 50gems to buy the stupid thing.

Scribbles138
01-20-16, 05:22 AM
If I feel I'm falling too far behind, worst case scenario is I have to skip this step. I have a level 10 Firefox that I can use for the 15 feedings, I would just rather not spend the gems. I'll just have to see how it goes.

kittenthief
01-20-16, 07:09 AM
How much food is needed to get the weasel witch to level 15?

natxjkkggg
01-20-16, 07:31 AM
I read ca. 95 000. The Same like Gretel

ninasidstorm8
01-20-16, 09:20 AM
Chapter 6 went smoothly. I already had Gretel at level 15 so Act 1 was completed immediately. After I cleared a Conductor from the nest, I moved a Firefox from the Breeding Den to the nest to complete Act 2 and Chapter 6 to collect my Weasel Witch.

Since I need to hatch the Weasel Witch (8 hours), and I don't need to breed a Rainguin for a couple days, it was the perfect opportunity to try to breed an animal with long fail times, I decided on Dark/Nature since I have been trying on and off for quite a while to get a Trick or Trent (33rd try) and I am missing the Punk Skunk. It is the only non-Gem combination where I need two animals. Crystal Unicorn & Aurora Pegasus resulted in a 20 hour timer, which unfortunately is a second Lunar Moth but it will provide more than the needed gap to hatch the Weasel Witch.

I should be able to hatch the Weasel Witch while I am sleeping tonight and it will go into the Evolution Flower immediately, so Chapter 7 should go smoothly. It looks like the Lunar Moth will tie up the Breeding Den/Nest until it is time to breed the Rainguin for Chapter 9, so I guess it was my only free breeding attempt before Friday's update. Since the Rainguin, needs to hatch on the second to last day of the Storybook, there will be very little catch-up time if I fail to breed it in the first couple tries. So I will be trying for the Rainguin early.

LavaMagic
01-20-16, 01:46 PM
I would think two plantlers would make a plantlers, but I keep getting bamboons.

Any suggestions on how to get a plantlers? Thanks.

Clark_Wayne
01-20-16, 01:50 PM
I would think two plantlers would make a plantlers, but I keep getting bamboons.

Any suggestions on how to get a plantlers? Thanks.

try pandaffodil with a rare or super rare nature-earth

kiecoo
01-20-16, 02:05 PM
Where did you get the wild berries from in Chapter 5 Act 4? I have been planting different types of plants and have not got anything yet.

[S8] Elsa
01-20-16, 02:23 PM
Where did you get the wild berries from in Chapter 5 Act 4? I have been planting different types of plants and have not got anything yet.

As a tip, try planting crops that are 1hr+. :)

ninasidstorm8
01-20-16, 04:49 PM
Weasel Witch in the nest and will hatch during the night. When I get up in the morning it will go straight to the Evolution Flower. I will not worry about saving overnight crops to collect the Buttons for Chapter 7 since the evolution time is 6 hours. I will plant Nexus Nuts tonight as I always do and then wait to see how things go in the morning. Even if I don't plant any crops in advance of evolving the Weasel Witch for the purpose of collecting Buttons, I don't anticipate any problem collecting the 55 Buttons tomorrow. I should be able to do that with Charm Cherries throughout the day.

I hope to get the Weasel Witch through level 14 tomorrow and back in the Evolution Flower tomorrow night for her last evolution to 15. The Lunar Moth in my Breeding Den will be ready for the nest first thing in the morning as well. When I move it to the nest, I will have a little over a day of breeding time before I need to start trying for a Rainguin for Chapter 9. So I think I will give the Trick or Trent another try.

LavaMagic
01-20-16, 05:35 PM
try pandaffodil with a rare or super rare nature-earth

Thanks! I used Pandaffodil and unicornucopia. It's nine hours. I will try not to get my hopes up.

Clark_Wayne
01-20-16, 06:26 PM
Thanks! I used Pandaffodil and unicornucopia. It's nine hours. I will try not to get my hopes up.

must be the plantler you looking for ;)

Scribbles138
01-20-16, 06:30 PM
Well I managed to breed the Firefox this afternoon, but still have to wait for it to finish and for the second ember bear fail to hatch before I can complete the chapter. Contemplating using gems to speed considering the witch has an eight hour incubation period, and a six hour evolution time. With my schedule getting her to level four will take me until late tomorrow afternoon...and then I'd still have to collect 55 buttons...does anyone know their drop rate? I could potentially time it do that some 8 hour crops finish at the same time as her first evolution. Decisions, decisions!

Edit - Just realized I forgot to add the 9 hour incubation for the Firefox into my calculations. There's no way I'd be able to finish tomorrow's chapter tomorrow unless I use some gems. Now trying to decide how hard it will be to play catch up if I don't use gems.

31aug2002
01-20-16, 07:39 PM
Firefox is hatched and in the habitat while weasel witch is incubating in the nest.. So far so good . New chapter starts in about 5 hrs .. So will have to wait another 3 hrs for the weasel to come off the nest.. Then of course the evolution time. But still don't see any hitch in completing chapter 7 today. Yes it won't happen immediately , like I usually like to finish it , but don't see any problems cropping up.

Clark_Wayne
01-20-16, 08:17 PM
Well I managed to breed the Firefox this afternoon, but still have to wait for it to finish and for the second ember bear fail to hatch before I can complete the chapter. Contemplating using gems to speed considering the witch has an eight hour incubation period, and a six hour evolution time. With my schedule getting her to level four will take me until late tomorrow afternoon...and then I'd still have to collect 55 buttons...does anyone know their drop rate? I could potentially time it do that some 8 hour crops finish at the same time as her first evolution. Decisions, decisions!

Edit - Just realized I forgot to add the 9 hour incubation for the Firefox into my calculations. There's no way I'd be able to finish tomorrow's chapter tomorrow unless I use some gems. Now trying to decide how hard it will be to play catch up if I don't use gems.

you don't to hatch to complet the act : the egg going to the nest will be count as hatching ;)

ninasidstorm8
01-20-16, 09:44 PM

As Clark_Wayne said, moving the Firefox to the nest counts as hatching. I assume you mean you will need to wait to get the Firefox off the nest to hatch the Weasel Witch. Then you will need another 6 hours to evolve the Weasel Witch to reach level 4. I am sure you can devise a plan that fits your playing schedule where you can catch up during the days for Chapters 7 and 8 without using gems. Even if we only get one button for every hour of harvesting that is only 55/6 = 9 hours of planting per farm plus 1 more hour for 1 farm. At worst you could plant 1, 2 or 3 farms with 20 hour crops to be harvested around the time your Weasel Witch leaves the Evolution Flower at level 4. Chapter 8 can be completed in even less time then Chapter 7.

The next key step is to Hatch a Rainguin for Act 2 of Chapter 9. You will want to get to that step on time since there won't be a lot of time in Chapter 10 to catch up. Fortunately, the Breeding Den and Nest will be free to try for one after you hatch the Weasel Witch.

Good Luck in your efforts'

gemboscarb
01-21-16, 12:59 AM
Looks like I won't finish. I only been playing few months.so this is my first story book goal,and I never knew they did them :-(. I do not have enough food left to get gretel to stage 15 I stuck on 13 with only 300 food. Can anyone tell me what to grow to try and finish. I up to goal 6 with firefox thanks

ogreve
01-21-16, 02:17 AM
Note to all: the Buttons are awarded with a ratio of 2 per hour growing time.
I had kept the overnight Nexus Nuts on 5 farms and used only a single farm for doing 6 repetitive Aura Apples growings, when that was done step 2 instantly completed (as I did that yesterday already) and then my 5 farms of Nexus Nuts gave me 10 Buttons each. After that I simply planted Charm Cherries on all 6 farms. They just completed and sure enough they gave the expected amount of 2 buttons per charm cherry. All done for today!
Meanwhile I'm ***ning hard for the new fire-gem hybrid Griffin. I've currently got a pretty big gap available in my timeframe for getting it, but no luck so far (despite back-to-back efforts). Especially for trying to get one ASAP yesterday I sped both the Firefox and the Weasel off the nest. The latter could have been postponed for the overnight hours, but I thought of that too late. Oh well, at least it's currently well evolved already and shall soon be an epic. A few days ago I already bred a Rainguin and the baby Firefox is awaiting the feeding steps, so IF I do get that 48 hours timer, in the worst case I can simply skip the "hatch a Rainguin" step (or postpone it as much as possible).

LavaMagic
01-21-16, 07:09 AM
must be the plantler you looking for ;)

It was the Plantlers! Thank you so much!!

ninasidstorm8
01-21-16, 10:26 AM
Weasel Witch completed evolving to level 4 and is back into the Evolution Flower to get to 10. I will be able to get it into the Evolution flower for the last time to get it to level 15 before the end of the day. I received 2 Buttons each for harvesting Charm Cherries so I am currently at 12 of the 55 needed. I will continue to plant Charm Cherries throughout the day, so I should be done with Chapter 7 in a little over 4 hours.

I have a Lunar Moth in the nest that will be ready in about 13 hours and a Peamoth in the Breeding Den (Trick or Treent fails). If I wait it out, the Peamoth will be leaving the nest about a 1/2 hour after tomorrow's update. Since the Lunar Moth will be hatching about an hour past my normal bedtime, I may speed it by an hour and move the Peamoth to the nest before going to bed. Then it will be ready 1/2 hour before tomorrow's update. I don't want to take any chances on breeding the Rainguin for Chapter 9, so I will probably try for the Rainguin next. If I breed it the first time, it will be ready to leave the nest at bedtime tomorrow and be ready a couple hours before Chapter 9 is set to begin. If not, then I have time tomorrow to try again.

LonePudding
01-21-16, 12:18 PM
I've tried 3 times for a Firefox and seem to be getting everything but. First I got an Ember Bear, then a Hot Dog and now a 17 hour timer. I don't quite have 25 gems saved so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for now!

Scribbles138
01-21-16, 12:55 PM
Thank you guys for responding to my earlier dilemma. Unfortunately I didn't read the replies until after I used gems this morning to speed the last couple of hours of the Ember Bear and then the Fire Fox (c'est la vie!) I moved the Witch Weasel into the nest right away and have just put her in for the first evolution. I've got 8 hour crops planted that will finish just after she comes out of the flower. I was going to try for the new Garnet Griffin given we don't need to Rainguin right away, but given the luck I had with the Fire Fox I figured I should try and even if it sat for a day, then it would sit and at least I would know I had it...first attempt gave me a 9 hour timer for a Rockodile. :D

ninasidstorm8
01-22-16, 08:46 AM
II had a strange problem this morning feeding the Firefox. I fed one 15 times to get it from baby through level 3. Unfortunately no feedings were recorded. Tried again with a second baby Firefox, still no recorded feedings. I forced the game to close and restarted. The feedings were recorded and Act 1 completed. I planted 6 farms of Adventurnips to complete Act 2. My Weasel Witch was already at level 15 so Act 3 was completed. When I harvested the Adventurnips, I collected enough buttons to complete Act 4 which completed Chapter 8 as well.

Last night I hatched my Lunar Moth fail and moved a Peamoth fail to the nest. I used a Crystal Unicorn and Glacial Griffin to breed a Rainguin that is ready in the Breeding Den. The Peamoth will leave the nest about 1/2 hour before today's update. I don't need to hatch the Rainguin until Chapter 9 starts in 16 1/2 hours. I will wait until after the update to decide on what to breed next.

Breeding the Rainguin was the last challenge we needed to overcome for this Storybook, so the rest of the Storybook Adventure should go smoothly since it just invoves feeding and harvesting. I already have a spare baby Rainguin, so I don't even need to evolve it to complete the feeding requirement.

I hope the Adventure is going well for the other players participating.

Scribbles138
01-22-16, 08:56 AM
Chapter 8 went well for me, although I didn't get enough buttons to collect from my first round of Adventurnips, but that wasn't an issue. I bred a Rainguin yesterday, and I haven't moved him from the den yet, but know that I can and still easily complete that step when I take him out of the nest.

I believe someone else has brought this up, but the Witch Weasel is REALLY tiny in the habitat, I hope that's something they look into. I found the same thing with the candy animals from one of the world events...it actually made it so I don't even like looking at the habitat and the candy animals (they've been banished to a corner I rarely see now!). I really like the animals from this event, so I hope they take a look at the scaling and update it.

jojopeanut
01-22-16, 09:57 AM
Finished chapter 8. I expect to be finished completely early Sunday.

LavaMagic
01-22-16, 10:19 AM
What is the best way to breed a Fire Fox? I keep getting Hotdogs!

LonePudding
01-22-16, 12:30 PM
I've tried 3 times for a Firefox and seem to be getting everything but. First I got an Ember Bear, then a Hot Dog and now a 17 hour timer. I don't quite have 25 gems saved so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for now!

Ember Bear #2 on the way now :(

Clark_Wayne
01-22-16, 12:57 PM
Ember Bear #2 on the way now :(

try pyro-pony with a rare or super rare dark-fire or Crystal Unicorn with rare/super rare dark - fire ;)

LonePudding
01-22-16, 01:13 PM
try pyro-pony with a rare or super rare dark-fire or Crystal Unicorn with rare/super rare dark - fire ;)

So far I've used Crystal Unicorn x Swan Prince but can't seem to get a Firefox. Time is running out fast! I'll swap the CU for my pyro pony next time, thanks. :)

LonePudding
01-22-16, 02:25 PM
Chapter 9 starts soon and I'm still on 6. I can't even prepare for the later chapters because I have no Weasel Witch to feed and evolve.

kokii123
01-22-16, 02:27 PM
I just noticed ( while playing battleground) that the Gretel is Ultra Rare27978

federerGOAT
01-22-16, 06:34 PM
First try for the rainquin and I get a 13 hr fail.
Grrrr. Figures that I would get the longest possible fail for this breeding combo.

jojopeanut
01-22-16, 06:40 PM
I just noticed ( while playing battleground) that the Gretel is Ultra Rare27978

Yeah I lost 5 times to the new Garnet Griffin she's the only one to take him out.

debrasbistro
01-23-16, 01:39 AM
Almost done. Found it all relatively easy for a change. I noticed on the front page it doesn't say how many mini pumpkins you need to harvest for chapter 9. It's 4. Good luck to all!

debrasbistro
01-23-16, 01:41 AM
Chapter 8 went well for me, although I didn't get enough buttons to collect from my first round of Adventurnips, but that wasn't an issue. I bred a Rainguin yesterday, and I haven't moved him from the den yet, but know that I can and still easily complete that step when I take him out of the nest.

I believe someone else has brought this up, but the Witch Weasel is REALLY tiny in the habitat, I hope that's something they look into. I found the same thing with the candy animals from one of the world events...it actually made it so I don't even like looking at the habitat and the candy animals (they've been banished to a corner I rarely see now!). I really like the animals from this event, so I hope they take a look at the scaling and update it.

Yes. I like this animal but she's so tiny. She gets lost behind other animals if she's not with small animals.

Clark_Wayne
01-23-16, 06:25 AM
Yes. I like this animal but she's so tiny. She gets lost behind other animals if she's not with small animals.

yes latest animals are quite small compared to the earlier ones. to spare devices memory and avoid crashing ?

debrasbistro
01-23-16, 06:31 AM
yes latest animals are quite small compared to the earlier ones. to spare devices memory and avoid crashing ?

Could be!

LonePudding
01-23-16, 10:40 AM

The first combo worked and got me a Firefox finally, so thanks! :D

My Weasel Witch is now hatching and I have bred a rainguin on my first attempt. If I set timers for everything, this should go smoothly from here, I hope.

Niire
01-23-16, 11:04 AM
This'll be the first Storybook I'm going to be able to complete! Other several I was too young to keep up with making enough food and coin to get through. (Sorry, long time lurker to the boards, and really excited to finally be able to get one done!)

MsMelanieMonster
01-23-16, 12:15 PM
I got really lucky with this tale so far! I had just hatched a Plantler yesterday without knowing about the tales. My other Plantler is level 8.
I bred Pandaffodil and Rock Rhino and got a nine hour timer. Sped through the breeding to get the egg on the nest.
Had to feed Plantler and thought I only had the level 8...fed to level 9... feeding it 20 times would cost too much food!
Realized the egg looked REALLY familiar -- from yesterday -- and found my level 1, giving me the 20 feeds total I needed before waiting on the evolve time.
I can start to level up Hansel and plant power pears in an hour.
For 9 gems, I finished almost 5 chapters in about 24 hours. It can be done... !

sweethutch
01-23-16, 07:05 PM
Has anyone figured out the feeding chart for the weasel witch? Mine is currently at level 4 on my secondary account and it now requires 80 apples each feed for a total of 400 to level it to 5th level. I currently have 64,575 food and have been planting power pears like crazy for days. If I'm not going to have enough food to finish, I don't want to waste my food on the witch when I have other super rares I'd rather level up since my secondary forest is still a baby forest.
I will say starting a second forest all over again has been fun! I like the challenge of balancing enough food/coins! My main account I started when FFS first came out and I have almost 600,000,000 coins! Money hasn't been an issue in forever! This new account has sure been an adventure again!
Any help forcasting the amount of the rest of the food needed to finish feeding the witch would be greatly appreciated!

FlatFoot
01-23-16, 07:27 PM

We felt that the earlier animals were fairly large and decided to scale it back overall. There's a fine balance of readability and cluttering up the habitat space.

sweethutch
01-23-16, 07:27 PM
So I found this info from the Merry Misfits storybook adventure. I believe the feedings for the jingle shells was the same for Gretel and the Toy elephant feedings are the same as the weasel witch. If so, I still need 30,000 more food to feed the witch to epic level! I better keep cranking out the power pears and battling like crazy in the battlegrounds to earn as much food as possible! Hope this chart helps others too. Good luck on finishing everyone!

Jingle Shells feedings Toy Elephant Feedings
Level Food Cumulative Total Level Food Cumulative Total
1-2 10 10 1-2 20 20
2-3 40 50 2-3 80 100
3-4 80 130 3-4 160 260
4-5 200 330 4-5 400 660
5-6 400 730 5-6 1,000 1,660
6-7 800 1,530 6-7 2,000 3,660
7-8 1,200 2,730 7-8 3,000 6,660
8-9 2,000 4,730 8-9 4,000 10,660
9-10 2,800 7,530 9-10 6,000 16,660
10-11 3,800 11,330 10-11 8,000 24,660
11-12 5,000 16,330 11-12 12,000 36,660
12-13 7,000 23,330 12-13 16,000 52,660
13-14 9,000 32,330 13-14 20,000 72,660
14-15 12,000 44,330 14-15 24,000 96,660
Total : 140,990

Silverrain1
01-23-16, 09:31 PM
I'm sure I worked out total feelings for the witch to b 96 660. That's from level 1 straight the way through.

flowless
01-24-16, 02:05 AM
We felt that the earlier animals were fairly large and decided to scale it back overall. There's a fine balance of readability and cluttering up the habitat space.

They are not as pretty
Ans easy to spot with other animals atound
Winter eqifox was one of my favourite designs but the size made it look less dramtic

Somewhere in the middle perhaps
They are too small
Thnaks

AliceWinter24
01-24-16, 04:00 AM
I couldn't decide if I'd evolve Gretel to epic, or skip that step with gems. I had a firefox waiting on the nest, so I could complete chapter 6 as soon as I could make up my mind about Gretel. Finally caved in and skipped the final evolution, because I like her in adult too. Only to find the nest empty, somewhere between waiting and deciding (I know, I think too much lol), I must have removed the firefox to make room for the weasel witch, but forgot that I needed to hatch the fox before I would receive the weasel witch. Facepalm! I was far enough behind as it were ...

Drachenia
01-24-16, 07:38 AM
Hi what do I get to grinding when I grow Nexus Nuts?

natxjkkggg
01-24-16, 08:15 AM
28018Hallo Drachenia
Du bekommst 6 bzw.7 Bows f?r nexusnuts.ich habe eben meinen H?nsel bekommen und extra genau die bows Rate gecheckt
Gru? B

Drachenia
01-24-16, 08:34 AM
28018Hallo Drachenia
Du bekommst 6 bzw.7 Boss f?r nexusnuts.ich habe eben meinen H?nsel bekommen und extra genau die bows Rate gecheckt
Gru? B

Thanky you natxjgkkggg :D

LonePudding
01-24-16, 12:15 PM
Does anyone know the drop rate for bows?

LonePudding
01-24-16, 12:20 PM
Here's the chart SweetHutch mentioned earlier. Sorry for not posting this sooner.

Gretel Feedings
Weasel Witch Feedings

Level
Food
Cumulative Total

Level
Food
Cumulative Total

1-2

1-2

2-3

2-3

3-4

3-4

4-5

4-5

5-6

5-6

6-7

6-7

7-8

7-8

8-9

8-9

9-10

9-10

10-11

10-11

11-12

11-12

12-13

12-13

13-14

13-14

14-15

14-15

Total : 140,990

natxjkkggg
01-24-16, 12:33 PM
Hello LonePudding,Read my answer #129!!!

kokii123
01-24-16, 12:50 PM

For 5 hours crop I've got 7 and 8 bows.

sweetypies97
01-24-16, 12:51 PM

I planted 8 hour crops and got 12 bows per crop.

jojopeanut
01-24-16, 01:09 PM
Finished went smoothly. Good luck to everyone still working on it.

Also guessing Hansel is super rare. He's in storage I see from above 15HRS incubation time. If I get lucky with a long breeding time I'll place him on the nest.

ninasidstorm8
01-24-16, 02:16 PM
Finished Chapter 10 and Hanzel is in storage. Everything went as expected although I wasn't able to collect my final harvest on schedule due to real life, so I finished a couple hours later than planned. This was the easiest Storybook for me so far. For the first time, I never fell behind and typically completed each Chapter and waited over 12 hours for the next Chapter to start. I had no problems breeding the commons. Took 2 tries for the Plantlers but I bred the rest on the first try, so it had minimal impact on my breeding choices. Unfortunately, I did not breed a new animal during that time but that has more to do with a lack of easy choices and bad luck.

In another hour, I have a Shock Fox failure leaving the nest and then I will have a 10 hour gap until a 22 hour Elecctic/Earth animal in the Breeding Den is ready for the nest. So I might thow Hanzel into the nest and hatch it. I am hoping for a Tesllama in the Breeding Den since I already have a Terradactyl.

ogreve
01-24-16, 02:36 PM
I finished it too on both of my accounts with great ease; it sure was a lot less "challenging and thrilling" than the Swan Storybook was. Oh, the Merry Misfits one really was something too, as during that Storybook I hatched a Crystal Unicorn and bred and hatched 1 or 2 Ruby Razorbacks. That REALLY posed some challenges with those long timers. I recall that the last few days of it required very special planning, as I had sold 2 of my Grand Farms too then and had to make do with 3 Grand Farms and 3 small ones. :P

woowoo69
01-24-16, 03:35 PM
I have finished with no problems I managed to breed two Plantlers back to back, rainguin and firefox all at the first attempt. I had plenty of food stored and the crops delivered when necessary. Fairly easy for me this time.

natxjkkggg
01-24-16, 03:47 PM
By the way Haensel is ultra rare

jojopeanut
01-24-16, 04:03 PM
Oh that's fantastic!! 2 Ultra Rares from this storybook.

Drachenia
01-24-16, 04:29 PM

Oh very good :D I have collected only 34 loops, and have only 3 farms. I must now again collected loops on the night to get Hansel

debrasbistro
01-24-16, 05:45 PM
Finished smoothly. GLTA!

Buttercup0001
01-24-16, 06:17 PM
I've finished the story book with no problems. I was able to breed the commons first go. Hansel is on the nest. Congrats to those players that have finished.

LavaMagic
01-24-16, 09:09 PM
I've finished the story book with no problems. I was able to breed the commons first go. Hansel is on the nest. Congrats to those players that have finished.

Can you please tell me what you used to breed a Rainguin? Thanks.

Drachenia
01-24-16, 09:49 PM
Hello everyone! So I have got collegted 60 loops, I hope that I have soon 6 farms again have. It's so hard with 3 farms collect 60 loops and this in the Night. I finished the storybook with many problems Good Night everyone

Buttercup0001
01-24-16, 09:50 PM
Rock Rhino and Frostfang. Good luck

LavaMagic
01-24-16, 10:14 PM
Rock Rhino and Frostfang. Good luck

Thank you!

I used those and got a thirteen hour. I'm guessing that is not a Rainguin. I think I remember a Rainguin being five hours? Do you think two Rainguins would work?

sweethutch
01-24-16, 10:56 PM

PLEASE reconsider this decision! The animals are horribly small now and lack so much detail! It's such a disappointment to work like crazy growing food to get the new animals to epic and not even be able to hardly see them! These new storybook adventure animals are grossly disappointing. PLEASE ENLARGE THE ANIMALS!

jojopeanut
01-24-16, 11:05 PM
Thank you!

I used those and got a thirteen hour. I'm guessing that is not a Rainguin. I think I remember a Rainguin being five hours? Do you think two Rainguins would work?
Yes any earth/water combo will work and yes it's 5HRS. Good luck hope you get it.

vulpesvulpes1
01-25-16, 01:18 AM
Can't breed a "common" firefox--have gotten 3 hot dogs, a brave eagle, etc.

debrasbistro
01-25-16, 01:37 AM
Hello everyone! So I have got collegted 60 loops, I hope that I have soon 6 farms again have. It's so hard with 3 farms collect 60 loops and this in the Night. I finished the storybook with many problems Good Night everyone

I know what you mean - It's hard to have enough room for a number of reasons, mine is due to how many runes are needed and I know for others it's simply a matter of land and space. I have sold off my commons and even still don't have room. I don't know why they make it so difficult to expand.

Good job to you with only 3 farms on completing this event. Sweet dreams.

LavaMagic
01-25-16, 05:31 AM
Can't breed a "common" firefox--have gotten 3 hot dogs, a brave eagle, etc.

I was getting only Hot Dogs (four of them) using Fire Fox with others. Then, I used Pyro Pony with Terrorier and got Ladypug, Ember Bear, and FINALLY Fire Fox.

Good luck!

HappyHeartBakery
01-25-16, 05:59 AM
My storybook complete with Hansel on the nest. Back to trying for Garnet & waiting to see what happens with new Zodiak element;).
Good luck all

ogreve
01-25-16, 06:07 AM
Oh that's fantastic!! 2 Ultra Rares from this storybook.

I must say (write) though that I have some doubts as to the "value" of the Storybook ultra rares vs. the gem and treasure ones. Coinwise they give far less compensation, and in battle I've stopped using the Wild Wondercat and the Swan Prince, as neither (particularly the Wild Wondercat) managed to greatly impress me in combat....

natxjkkggg
01-25-16, 06:14 AM
This is my experience too

ninasidstorm8
01-25-16, 08:43 AM
I must say (write) though that I have some doubts as to the "value" of the Storybook ultra rares vs. the gem and treasure ones. Coinwise they give far less compensation, and in battle I've stopped using the Wild Wondercat and the Swan Prince, as neither (particularly the Wild Wondercat) managed to greatly impress me in combat....

I have been doing some testing of a theory carried over from Dragon Story that retired animals are placed in a separate battle class that fits in between a Rare and a Super Rare. I hatched Hanzel for this purpose and its in my Evolution Flower to test this, since it should not be retired until Friday's update. However, I realized that S8 made an error in making Gretel an Ultra Rare as well. So I can get some testing started today in the Battleground. I have used this theory for the last few Battle Arena tournaments and my results have improved dramatically. I never had very good results using any Storybook animal prizes in the Battle Arena.

natxjkkggg
01-25-16, 09:18 AM
I finished the Last battleground and Gretel was during this a very very strong fighterin!!! I took her very often with mostly success at once!!

jojopeanut
01-25-16, 08:28 PM
I finished the Last battleground and Gretel was during this a very very strong fighterin!!! I took her very often with mostly success at once!!
I agree Gretel is a very strong fighter. She's proven well many critical hits.

sassylis
01-26-16, 12:12 AM
Anyone know what the bow ratio is? I need 4 more, didn't think about planting 8 hours and had done all 5 hours. Obviously need to speed up but don't want to waste my gems unnecessarily. Thanks x

vulpesvulpes1
01-26-16, 12:30 AM
I think I finally got a firefox but might have to accelerate to complete the series on time.

natxjkkggg
01-26-16, 12:36 AM
Hello sassylis read above #134 and #135 there is written that You got 6 or 7 bos for the 5 hour plants.

tuffyjkitten
01-26-16, 10:30 AM
This is ridiculous....I've been trying to open the game for TWO HOURS and it just keeps crashing. I'm on the last step with 14.5 hours left and I can't open the game. I am so sick of this. Every other S8 game opens just fine except for this one. it's not my internet. It's not my device.

tuffyjkitten
01-26-16, 11:13 AM
Well I finally managed to get the game to open and was able to collect Hansel and get him on the nest before it crashed again while I was trying to collect from habitats. Although this is my favorite game I'm done with it until they decide to fix the performance issues.

Good luck to everyone still working on this quest and happy playing to all my forum friends and neighbors.

sweetypies97
01-26-16, 01:02 PM
I finished this a few days ago but every time I look at weasel witch I just see an under dressed clone of wild wondercat.

littelprincess0313
01-27-16, 03:02 AM
PLEASE reconsider this decision! The animals are horribly small now and lack so much detail! It's such a disappointment to work like crazy growing food to get the new animals to epic and not even be able to hardly see them! These new storybook adventure animals are grossly disappointing. PLEASE ENLARGE THE ANIMALS!

Hey totally share the same opinion. Gretel and the witch are so small they look like they are stomped down even by lv 1 animals. I loved the look of the wirch but now I hate her. She doesnt fut in anywhere. I had no problem with the sizes so please make them bigger again!!!

dala12
01-27-16, 11:06 PM
Got THE three! It was the easiest story to complete because I did not needed to stop this time because of lack on food! And thanks to them who told me to get Firefox and ranguin! Thanks!