Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Bomb {produces up to 3 bombs per day at level 10}
Habitat: Concussive Canyon
Available at: Level 45
Buying Price: 1,600 Gold {currently on sale for 560 gold}
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 24 hours
Exp Gained: 3,000 Exp

"With a keen sense for structural integrity, Demolition Dragons possess a special ability to locate and exploit weaknesses within cavern walls. Their innate ability makes them invaluable to those looking to discover the unknown depths of dark and dangerous caves. Once a weak point is located, little can withstand this dragon's supreme destructive power. All it takes is one mighty roar, and BOOM goes the dragon's might!"

They will be counted towards the same limit of 25. However, the game will allow you to collect over the limit from the Dragon.

However you won't be able to earn them through the regular drops until you drop below the limit.

Demolition Dragon and Concussive Canyon Habitat are available for all android players too, but only on the main version of the DS or the Winter version.
You can find them in the "FEATURED" tab of the market.
If you are playing the Halloween version, you won't find them there.
So, if you want to buy them, you can load the main version or the winter version once, buy them, exit the game and then go on playing with the Halloween version :)

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/Mobile%20Uploads/916F16D0-0D65-426B-AE71-7F531AD250D4_zpsap5jec8b.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/Mobile%20Uploads/916F16D0-0D65-426B-AE71-7F531AD250D4_zpsap5jec8b.png.html)

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/d90c49fe-b128-4de9-9807-d202a6f2b5a8_zpsfrcmcngc.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/d90c49fe-b128-4de9-9807-d202a6f2b5a8_zpsfrcmcngc.png.html)

hiabarara
01-15-16, 11:45 AM
I really like that we get to see new types (like the map- and food-giving dragon), but personally I have no use for them. The maps and the food aren't worth it and I really don't need more bombs. My Evolution Temple is always busy and pretty often I can get two mining dragons. Futhermore I don't really like the design of this dragon. It looks boring and basic.

I wish they would give us more dragons of special types we already have - more Metal dragons (thanks for the new mining dragon), more Cosmic dragons, more Tropic dragons etc.

kooky panda
01-15-16, 11:47 AM
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/d90c49fe-b128-4de9-9807-d202a6f2b5a8_zpsfrcmcngc.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/d90c49fe-b128-4de9-9807-d202a6f2b5a8_zpsfrcmcngc.png.html)

Love the name of this one!! (giggle)

amerirish
01-15-16, 11:49 AM
I love everything about the dragon and the habitat!! So buying one!

caramellenina
01-15-16, 11:51 AM
Mine is on the nest! Yay! :D

belarica
01-15-16, 12:06 PM
I'm on the fence personally. He looks cool but I don't need extra bombs lol

amerirish
01-15-16, 12:23 PM
Got mine on the nest right now :o

Simdiva
01-15-16, 12:32 PM
I regret not getting the app,e dragon as it seems these are good for more than there intended use so I will get this one. Luckily I have lots if go,d for a change.

duh1234wq
01-15-16, 02:07 PM
It will likely be a better food producer than fruition, so yea. Just bought one on both devices...

lady_saphira
01-15-16, 04:01 PM
Question... Will the bombs earned from this Dragon be kept in a separate storage or will they count against our allowed 25?

freshfunin2008
01-15-16, 04:53 PM
I have all 161 habitats in play. I will not be able to buy this one since TL does not allow us to put habitats in storage. Nice job TL / S8 with your stupid limits.

debhutchinson
01-15-16, 06:41 PM
Yes freshfunin2008, I don't know what to do either. I also have 161 habitats on my island. Kind of annoyed to have a Food dragon, Bomb dragon and Map dragon. Each one takes up a whole habitat. Bad enough I have Diamond & Infinity taking up 2 habitats. Wish TL would take this into consideration when introducing new dragon types and increase the habitat maximum.

kooky panda
01-15-16, 07:01 PM
Question... Will the bombs earned from this Dragon be kept in a separate storage or will they count against our allowed 25?
Excellent question! I will check on this.

blackeneddove
01-15-16, 09:38 PM
All I have to say is "and BOOM goes the dragon's might!" LOL! The description made me laugh so much - well done! :)

Not buying one though (not enough gold), but cool concept.

AwesomeChefDad
01-15-16, 09:51 PM
Who comes up with these maps and bombs dragons?

Spending gold and food to get 3 bombs a day????

No thanks....

blackeneddove
01-15-16, 09:56 PM
Who comes up with these maps and bombs dragons?

Spending gold and food to get 3 bombs a day????

No thanks....

LOL!! I'm with you on that. Definitely not spending gold to buy any of these new dragon types you mention. I do think the concepts are cool and all, but it's too little reward for what they want us to spend to purchase them. Not a good investment IMO.

lady_saphira
01-15-16, 10:06 PM

Thanks, kooky! That'll determine whether or not I purchase...

DeeDe99
01-15-16, 10:58 PM
At the moment I have more than enough bombs and plenty more to come, however after reading the other day about a player who has just about evolved everything he wants to evolve and actually struggles to get enough bombs to get mining dragons, I'm going to get this as a future investment.

Plus I like collecting.

I see 3 bombs a day would be close to providing enough fire power to get 7.14 pieces a day from the mine over a 28 day period, so if later on I have an evolution lull, I'll be OK.

I do understand the concerns over habitat limits though - one dragon on a 4 x 4 is certainly not efficient use of available space or habitat limits.

jjblueyes
01-15-16, 11:50 PM
I've been stuck a few times not able to mine when land locked or habitat maxed but I'm not putting anything into storage to get this. I already have so many in storage and 19 in the stable. It's getting sticky again as a few peeps a few posts up have expressed, you can't put this in storage and when you hit the limit its the limit. I almost couldn't buy this poker habitat. I know many couldn't. That just feels wrong. Back to tourney...

pernmagic
01-16-16, 03:55 AM
Like the dragon but I don't need the bombs or the outlay of gold for 3 bombs a day or the loss of habitats spAce so not going with one :(

MsMelanieMonster
01-16-16, 10:37 AM
Because of the bombs and color of the battle dragon, I thought we could win this guy and I had my heart set on two so I bought the habitat.
It's a shame it would cost me $20 for just one dragon. I have a hard time spending real money if it's over an occasional $5.
Can anyone confirm if this guy's colors would count as yellow and black for battles?
:Might: make it worth it maybe. Maybe.

groovyedwin
01-16-16, 10:56 AM
Not available on Android.

DeeDe99
01-16-16, 11:00 AM
Not available on Android.

It is available on my Android.

rado_nik
01-16-16, 11:38 AM
I'm on lvl 152 and don't have this offer, but my sons (one is lvl 105, other is lvl 70) have it. Why? We all is on Android. Is the version really matter. I'm with Halloween, they are with Winter. Winter crash soooo often to me

DeeDe99
01-16-16, 11:41 AM
My standard version has it on Android. I believe the Halloween version is no longer supported, so new stuff would not be available on an unsupported version.

debhutchinson
01-16-16, 01:45 PM
Sold one of my Stone habitats so I could buy the habitat for this new Bomb dragon. Maybe TL should only count habitats that hold 1 dragon as a half a habitat when calculating the number of habitats each player has. The list of habitats that only hold 1 dragon is growing -- Diamond, Food, Map, Bomb and Treasure types (that I can think of).

DeeDe99
01-16-16, 01:53 PM
Treasure Terraces hold 2 dragons, but that is hardly 4, so yes, I'd include them in that grouping.

groovyedwin
01-16-16, 03:47 PM
It is available on my Android.

Available on some Android but not all.

blueangel826
01-16-16, 04:18 PM
Know this isn't primary thread for this, but it is an issue here. Try restarting your device to see if that helps. Also, for those Android players who are having problems & went to the Winter or Halloween versions to avoid issues after last update on original Dragon Story, I finally got mine fixed. I'd followed suggestions through uninstalling Dragon Story & reinstalling app. Did it 2 times & it's working without any problems & getting everything it should!

blueangel826
01-16-16, 04:41 PM
Thanks for checking into this question for us, Kooky! Don't think anyone will be interested if they go into the 25 max bomb count. That would be insane! Really anxious to hear the decision :-)

mylord7
01-16-16, 04:54 PM
Demolition Dragon and Concussive Canyon Habitat are available for all android players too, but only on the main version of the DS or the Winter version.
So, if you want to buy them, you can load the main version or the winter version once, buy them, exit the game and then go on playing with the Halloween version :)

newzealander
01-16-16, 10:19 PM
LOL!! I'm with you on that. Definitely not spending gold to buy any of these new dragon types you mention. I do think the concepts are cool and all, but it's too little reward for what they want us to spend to purchase them. Not a good investment IMO.
I'm with you. This is hugely expensive for very little return, and buying it will just encourage more of this type of offer. I wouldn't mind so much, except that I can anticipate what will happen next....the timeframe to get mining dragons will keep reducing to increase the uptake of the costly offers like this.

freesiawoods
01-17-16, 04:30 AM
I'm kind of torn, want to buy this for my daughter's account which only evolves at levels 7 and 10. I have missed about every other mining dragon. But it is a lot of gold and I may also run into space constraints some day.

DeeDe99
01-17-16, 12:50 PM
Freesiawoods, I look at it this way. Introducing these different types indicates, to me, the development of some future direction/expansion/enhancement plans for the game. We may not know the details yet (part of the game challenge, I suppose) but perhaps we are being given the opportunity to get a foothold on the future. Look at the gold-producing dragons and how popular they are now. I'd love to search back and find the initial reactions when the first one came out. So far I've invested in each of the new ones. I noticed a while ago there are specific new categories in the Market for Apple and Map producing dragons, strongly indicating there will be more.

Just my thoughts.

Your point about the reduced evolutions is very timely - there was a thread on the Suggestions Forum about evolutions and they really did need to do something to balance the reduced number of bombs available to the customers who only evolve twice per dragon due to the old rules.

blackeneddove
01-17-16, 02:08 PM
I'm with you. This is hugely expensive for very little return, and buying it will just encourage more of this type of offer. I wouldn't mind so much, except that I can anticipate what will happen next....the timeframe to get mining dragons will keep reducing to increase the uptake of the costly offers like this.

Wow. You make a good point. That's probably why the last mine lasted so long. They were probably busy developing this concept & then the mine popped up with it's first ever starting count down. I sure hope you aren't right about reducing the time frame that long term players are accustomed to with the introduction of these mining dragons.

DeeDe99
01-17-16, 03:30 PM
I view these new types as good indications that there are future development plans for the game (far preferable to retirement plans). I look at the difficulty those who can only evolve their dragons twice have now. Nothing is ever static, change always comes. If customers want the game to continue then it must grow: customers continually hit habitat limits and space limits, so the game either grows or dies once the limits are reached.

Customers can support future development and the longevity of the game, or face the inevitible demise. Just my perspective.

Jrod333
01-17-16, 04:18 PM
I had the max 25 bombs stored and just collected 2 bombs from demo dragon and my stored bombs is now 27

blackeneddove
01-17-16, 05:27 PM
I had the max 25 bombs stored and just collected 2 bombs from demo dragon and my stored bombs is now 27

Wow, really? I wonder what the new max bombs is then??

Can anyone confirm a new maximum amount of bombs we can store?

groovyedwin
01-17-16, 05:40 PM

It is not available on all main versions for android players.

freesiawoods
01-18-16, 06:44 AM
Freesiawoods, I look at it this way. Introducing these different types indicates, to me, the development of some future direction/expansion/enhancement plans for the game. We may not know the details yet (part of the game challenge, I suppose) but perhaps we are being given the opportunity to get a foothold on the future. Look at the gold-producing dragons and how popular they are now. I'd love to search back and find the initial reactions when the first one came out. So far I've invested in each of the new ones. I noticed a while ago there are specific new categories in the Market for Apple and Map producing dragons, strongly indicating there will be more.

Just my thoughts.

Your point about the reduced evolutions is very timely - there was a thread on the Suggestions Forum about evolutions and they really did need to do something to balance the reduced number of bombs available to the customers who only evolve twice per dragon due to the old rules.

I respectfully disagree, I think this dragon caters to those like me who lack bombs or those who like to accumulate extra mining dragons. Not everyone can evolve constantly. But I hope something can be done for us older accounts under the old format.

amerirish
01-18-16, 06:57 AM
LOL - my Demo Dragon is named "Bang"!! Don't know why this tickled me so much :D

Natasha_07
01-18-16, 11:45 AM
I like the habitat, looks like crazy people looking for gold mines in the wild west.

lady_saphira
01-19-16, 09:27 AM
Ugh.. To get or not to get! I can't decide as it will use most of my gold stash...

penqueen4
01-19-16, 10:58 AM
161 Habitat cap stops me from buying this. This Habitat does hold 2 dragons and only 3 bombs.

DeeDe99
01-19-16, 02:55 PM
I respectfully disagree, I think this dragon caters to those like me who lack bombs or those who like to accumulate extra mining dragons. Not everyone can evolve constantly. But I hope something can be done for us older accounts under the old format.

I think you are agreeing with me, Freesiawoods, so now I'm just confused. I was agreeing with you.

belarica
01-19-16, 04:26 PM
LOL - my Demo Dragon is named "Bang"!! Don't know why this tickled me so much :D

Mine is named Dynamo :) normally I give them my own names but he can stay Dynamo.

Hawk1
01-19-16, 05:10 PM
I love this dragon, but I'm torn about spending that much gold and food for 3 bombs a day.

mylord7
01-19-16, 05:35 PM
It is not available on all main versions for android players.
If it's not available in the last main version, perhaps you need to send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

By the way, i am not planning on buying this specific dragon/habitat, but i just realised that there is a serious bug.
Me and several other android players can't buy any habitat, because the game immediately crashes.
For this reason, we use Halloween version for buying habitats, but on this version this specific habitat isn't available.
So, how can be bought this one if an android player wants it and faces the habitats' issue? :confused:

lady_saphira
01-19-16, 08:39 PM
I'd still like an answer on whether or not these count against our 25 or if there is some other limit? I'm assuming the base 25 hasn't changed, but how is it possible to keep track of what's in your 25 vs. from your dragon?

Jrod333
01-19-16, 08:41 PM
If it's not available in the last main version, perhaps you need to send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

By the way, i am not planning on buying this specific dragon/habitat, but i just realised that there is a serious bug.
Me and several other android players can't buy any habitat, because the game immediately crashes.
For this reason, we use Halloween version for buying habitats, but on this version this specific habitat isn't available.
So, how can be bought this one if an android player wants it and faces the habitats' issue? :confused:

I also have this issue on my 2 year old device . My brand new device is fine but my older device is an instant crash when trying to place any habitat .

DeeDe99
01-19-16, 10:00 PM
I'd still like an answer on whether or not these count against our 25 or if there is some other limit? I'm assuming the base 25 hasn't changed, but how is it possible to keep track of what's in your 25 vs. from your dragon?

This post (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88228-Demolition-Dragon&p=1237202&viewfull=1#post1237202) indicates there has been an increase, but how much of an increase is not yet clear. So for example, if I have 25 from evolving and then collect 3 a day for 3 days from our new friend, can I have 31 in Storage?

Jrod333
01-20-16, 01:16 AM
This post (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88228-Demolition-Dragon&p=1237202&viewfull=1#post1237202) indicates there has been an increase, but how much of an increase is not yet clear. So for example, if I have 25 from evolving and then collect 3 a day for 3 days from our new friend, can I have 31 in Storage?

I'm at 32 now. Hopefully there's no cap, anything collected from this dragon should keep going up on top of the 25, at least I hope. What good is it if it also has a cap and then collecting from him is useless. It also doesn't raise the cap, it's just adding to it, evolving dragons doesn't give anything more, unless I go back below 25. I can't imagine it going that high, another 20 days and I'll need to use my bombs for a new dragon anyway

amerirish
01-20-16, 06:51 AM
Whoa....we can have more than 25 bombs if we collect from Demo dragon? That's awesome :D

pernmagic
01-20-16, 07:20 AM
Whoa....we can have more than 25 bombs if we collect from Demo dragon? That's awesome :D
Seems like it so despite my original "not interested " the egg is on my nest :)

Jennerwein1
01-20-16, 07:25 AM
Is it maybe similar to the cabbage hut in CS, no limit for bombs from dragon, but bombs from evolution are capped at 25?
Anybody have any experience with that?

belbar22
01-20-16, 07:59 AM
Seems like it so despite my original "not interested " the egg is on my nest :)

Mine too. Lol

lady_saphira
01-20-16, 09:18 AM

Thanks, Dee... I did see that but kooky was supposed to be looking into an official in depth answer but I haven't seen him around lately. Think I'm going to get it regardless.

belarica
01-20-16, 09:36 AM
Thanks, Dee... I did see that but kooky was supposed to be looking into an official in depth answer but I haven't seen him around lately. Think I'm going to get it regardless.

Is kooky a him?? I always thought kooky was a her lol

lady_saphira
01-20-16, 11:06 AM
Is kooky a him?? I always thought kooky was a her lol

Idk, I just usually use the masculine form when I don't know or when someone's id isn't blatantly obvious, lol.

random59
01-20-16, 03:01 PM
Has anyone tried Demolition in the Arena and if so what type of type of move does it display?

bakerystoe
01-21-16, 04:03 AM
This is not Worth It.. love this one but it's not so unique

freesiawoods
01-21-16, 05:19 AM
I think you are agreeing with me, Freesiawoods, so now I'm just confused. I was agreeing with you.

I meant I didn't think any future direction of the game could be guessed at from these new dragon types.:) Anyway my egg is on the nest too haha, despite the high price I am hoping not to miss out on mining dragons any longer.

DeeDe99
01-21-16, 12:43 PM
I meant I didn't think any future direction of the game could be guessed at from these new dragon types.:) Anyway my egg is on the nest too haha, despite the high price I am hoping not to miss out on mining dragons any longer.

Thank you for the clarification! Now I get it!

Congratulations on your new dragon. :D

ericrypt
01-21-16, 12:45 PM
Broke down and bought it, I just thought it looked ****er!!!:cool:

diner2u
01-21-16, 01:21 PM
Went for it!!! It's on the nest as I patiently wait ;)

DeeDe99
01-21-16, 03:34 PM
Mine will finally go into the Evolution Temple tonight (in about 10 hours) and get raised to level 4. Long way to go to level 10......

kooky panda
01-21-16, 03:44 PM

They will be counted towards the same limit of 25. However, the game will allow you to collect over the limit from the Dragon.

However you won't be able to earn them through the regular drops until you drop below the limit.

DeeDe99
01-21-16, 04:07 PM

Thank you Kooky. Just to clarify to ensure I understand correctly (and given the other player above got to 32 bombs) is the correct interpretation of the above as follows.

Scenario A) I have 25 bombs in Storage, I can collect from the Demolition Dragon but bombs will NOT be received from the Evolution Temple (I am guessing the latter is what you mean by "regular drops"?).

Scenario B) I have 10 bombs in Storage, I can collect from Demolition Dragon AND the Evolution Temple, until such time as I have stored 25 bombs from the Evolution Temple, at which point Scenario A) kicks in.

Scenario C) I have 35 bombs in Storage (25 from the Evolution Temple and 10 from Demolition Dragon), Scenario A) will continue to apply - i.e. there is no upper limit on the bombs I can store from Demolition Dragon.

I suggest what the Dev Team meant was there is not a separate location for the bombs to be stored, but the total is now 25 Evolution plus Demolition.

kooky panda
01-21-16, 04:56 PM
Thank you Kooky. Just to clarify to ensure I understand correctly (and given the other player above got to 32 bombs) is the correct interpretation of the above as follows.

Scenario A) I have 25 bombs in Storage, I can collect from the Demolition Dragon but bombs will NOT be received from the Evolution Temple (I am guessing the latter is what you mean by "regular drops"?).

Scenario B) I have 10 bombs in Storage, I can collect from Demolition Dragon AND the Evolution Temple, until such time as I have stored 25 bombs from the Evolution Temple, at which point Scenario A) kicks in.

Scenario C) I have 35 bombs in Storage (25 from the Evolution Temple and 10 from Demolition Dragon), Scenario A) will continue to apply - i.e. there is no upper limit on the bombs I can store from Demolition Dragon.

I suggest what the Dev Team meant was there is not a separate location for the bombs to be stored, but the total is now 25 Evolution plus Demolition.

You can have your max 25 bombs from evolution temple, then keep adding bombs from dragon.

example-You have 25 bombs- then you collect from dragon (3 per day) for 2 days- You then have 25 + 6 = 31 bombs. You can keep adding Dragon bombs. So next day you will have 34 bombs.

The restriction is, once you have 25 bombs, you will no longer get any bombs from your evolution temple.

DeeDe99
01-21-16, 05:54 PM
Yep - that's what I thought. Thank you for the confirmation Kooky. Great stuff!

debosden
01-22-16, 02:42 PM
I bought the Demolition Dragon and put in nest but didn't have enough space for habitat. So I expanded and was able to clear the space today but now I don't have the habitat to buy...what do I do now? I thought the habitat was available until today the 22nd...

DeeDe99
01-22-16, 03:02 PM
The habitat is still in my market, see below on the right. If not in your market, email support.

Drachenia
01-28-16, 06:24 PM
I have a question, there is this dragon once as Value Pack?

amerirish
02-01-16, 09:47 AM
Just faced Demolition in the Arena for the first time. He uses Bubble Magic and is quite strong. He beat my Infinity 15 :(

deadpixel
02-03-16, 08:33 PM
Just faced Demolition in the Arena for the first time. He uses Bubble Magic and is quite strong. He beat my Infinity 15 :(
Hmm... DS has been around for such a long time but they're still sticking with the same battle animations they started off with for the Arena :(

FFS has a unique animation for each of their animals' attack even if the animals are of the same elements. For instance, two Gem animals, the Crystal Unicorn and the Quartz Quetzalcoatl. The Unicorn kicks pieces of crystals at its opponent but the flying Quetzalcoatl fires a beam of white light that gets split into rainbow colored beams as it passes through a prism.

Couldn't they at least make the Demolition Dragon blow up its opponents if Magic is employed, sort of like an ultimate attack without the glowing, sparkly lights.

Kennedward
02-15-16, 07:25 AM
Bought 5 of them, loving it:D

blackeneddove
02-23-16, 12:04 AM
Has anyone tried Demolition in the Arena and if so what type of type of move does it display?

Well, I fought one of these in the arena today and it attacked me with water bubbles! Why on earth would a demolition dragon have a water attack? I know bombs are blue colored in the game, but come on...blue magic? I expected to be attacked with fire or black magic. So weird. lol

Kennedward
04-01-16, 08:30 PM
Well, I fought one of these in the arena today and it attacked me with water bubbles! Why on earth would a demolition dragon have a water attack? I know bombs are blue colored in the game, but come on...blue magic? I expected to be attacked with fire or black magic. So weird. lol

lol that's funny!!! I don't know cause I never use them to fight, I keep them healthy so that I can collect bombs, rather than seeing them exhausted and have to heal for 2 hours

laurelsail
05-09-16, 11:14 AM
Can you buy more than one or are they limited like the gold yielding dragons? Thanks!