PDA

View Full Version : New Tournament: Frostbite Dragon

Pages : 1 [2]

Bastiaan0
01-19-16, 09:52 AM
Thanks Bastiaan0 and Silverybunny for the idea of using Air to take down Rose Knight!

And congratulations Vermillion for finishing on 3 accounts! That's pretty awesome!

You're welcome ;)
Still using my level 10 commons (and sometimes Diamond), no big problems until Rainbow Sentinel, he was the first to make me lose more than 2 rounds. And of course finally beaten him with a baby Forest... Go figure :p
Now on Loch Ness, Water and Fire are already licking their wounds :( But still more than 36 hours left, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to finish this tournament without spending gold.

Full battle list on page 1.

rlggnn
01-19-16, 10:00 AM
1 - Fire(1) - mist 9 Bb
2 - Hercules(1) - skeletal 10 bB (lost morning glory 8. beast 11)
3 - Pumpkin(1) - ghost armour 10 mB
4 - Luck(2) - parakeet 10 Bb
5 - March Mayhem(2) - parakeet 10 mbm
6 - Smoke(3) - beast 11 Bbm
7 - Waterfall(3) - parakeet 10 B
8 - Sugar Plum(5) - landworm 10 Bm
9 - Sterling Silver(6) - air 10 B
10 - Manticore(6) - landworm 10 B
11 - Macaw(8) - spirit queen 8 Mb
12 - Black Pearl(8) - ghost armour 10 mB
13 - Germany(9) - skeletal knight 10 Bb (lost spirit queen 8, ghost armour 10)
14 - Malachite(9) - parakeet 10 B (lost atlantis 10)
15 - Clown(15) - morning glory 8 bM
16 - Serpent(9) - parakeet 10 bmb (lost air 10)
17 - Watermelon(9) - landworm 10 M
18 - Chrome(12) - parakeet 10 bM
19 - Planet(12) - camelot 10 B
20 - Rose Knight(14) - metal 10 B
21 - Samurai(12) - air 10 bM
22 - Were(14) - parakeet 10 bM
23 - Golem(16) - atlantis 10 bM
24 - Astromancer(16) - ... lost landworm 10, skeletal knight 10, autumn 7, prime eternal 3 twice...)

Stuck on astromancer. Getting really frustrated!! :mad:

Finally beat astromancer with fire 10 M. Go fire dragon go! What a beast :)

mommmybear5
01-19-16, 10:08 AM
I'm so stuck! I've been trying for 2 days to defeat the rose knight and nothing is working. My highest dragon is a diamond at 13. I don't have a ton of different dragons... still getting the hang of this. I was excited to get the royal flush dragons, but I never do well with these battle tournaments.

pernmagic
01-19-16, 10:33 AM
R26 Loch Ness < Guardian Angel 12 B KO lost Helios Banshee

R 27 Troll < RS L15 Bb Progress is slow but it is progress

Niire
01-19-16, 11:01 AM
mommybear5, I ended up beating all the champion types this time around with my diamond dragon. I only have one level 15 (the beast dragon from the Tales before last). Started off at level 10 on Diamond (beat astromancer and the rainbow sentinel with him, levels 10 and 11 respectively), then finally beat the battlesteed with him at level 12. :) Frostbite now on my nest waiting to hatch now. :D My best advice for you in improving your chances at tourneys (this is what I did)...level up some heavy hitters, then you can concentrate on other dragons while having some fun battling. Landworm, Diamond, Fruitful (when in doubt, use fruitful!), Clown, Skeletal and Rose Knights (or any of the champion types!) have all been good to me in the arena. I also don't have any hybrids from diamond yet, as he is relatively new for my isle, got him at around level 100, lol.
Gah don't mind rambling from me please, alot of meds make me do that. ><

keg63
01-19-16, 11:37 AM
For those struggling with astromancer, I KO'd him with Fire level 10.

ma1eficent
01-19-16, 11:40 AM
I accept advice for the Clown 15? I don't have dragons above lvl 10.

silverybunny
01-19-16, 11:43 AM
Thanks Bastiaan0 and Silverybunny for the idea of using Air to take down Rose Knight!

And congratulations Vermillion for finishing on 3 accounts! That's pretty awesome!

You're welcome ;)
Still using my level 10 commons (and sometimes Diamond), no big problems until Rainbow Sentinel, he was the first to make me lose more than 2 rounds. And of course finally beaten him with a baby Forest... Go figure :p
Now on Loch Ness, Water and Fire are already licking their wounds :( But still more than 36 hours left, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to finish this tournament without spending gold.

Your welcome @sipland

Bastiaan I've been following you!

Bastiaan0
01-19-16, 11:46 AM

Me neither, except the ones I had to feed to achieve goals in Dragon Tales. But I don't use them a lot in battles.
Fire and Magic are my first two choises against Clown. If they don't win, I either use Forest or go back to Fire/Magic.

silverybunny
01-19-16, 11:49 AM

I did it with magic lvl 9
in same boat nothing over 10 except Jack.

rasike
01-19-16, 11:52 AM
I finished the tournament yesterday. I had an extremely easy beginning, with the first loss in round 19. With only 11 losses it was quite an easy tournament. I'm so glad I finished it before the 10th day of my Dragon Tales event, so it was not a problem to win 5 battles today.
My winners are on page 2.
Good luck to everyone who is still fighting!

R3ko
01-19-16, 12:26 PM
Still stuck on RS....help advice pls...

Bastiaan0
01-19-16, 12:29 PM
26 - Loch Ness(18) - Fire - mB (Lost: Water, Fire, Magic, Diamond)

Sometimes it's very useful to try again the dragons you lost with before... ;)

Verucka
01-19-16, 12:38 PM
Im just like you!
I tried everything... diamond 15x2, sweet tooth 8, firestorm 10, skeletan knight 11x3, forest 10, King 10
2 days stuck in RS!
I hate him
Please help!

Genko1
01-19-16, 12:39 PM

I`ve done it with lovebird ( white, purple and red). Good luck

amerirish
01-19-16, 12:40 PM
Battlesteed has defeated each of these at least twice: Diamond, Banshee, Beast, Maple, Angelfire, Rainbow Sentinel, Lollipop, and probably one or two more I don't remember. Ridiculous!!!

Combing back through the posted wins, I'm going to try Fairy, Prime Eternal (mine is a baby), Forest, Autumn and Electric. I hope one of these guys can beat him :( It's like a personal challenge at this point.

Bastiaan0
01-19-16, 12:49 PM

Im just like you!
I tried everything... diamond 15x2, sweet tooth 8, firestorm 10, skeletan knight 11x3, forest 10, King 10
2 days stuck in RS!
I hate him
Please help!

Battlesteed has defeated each of these at least twice: Diamond, Banshee, Beast, Maple, Angelfire, Rainbow Sentinel, Lollipop, and probably one or two more I don't remember. Ridiculous!!!

Combing back through the posted wins, I'm going to try Fairy, Prime Eternal (mine is a baby), Forest, Autumn and Electric. I hope one of these guys can beat him :( It's like a personal challenge at this point.

If I can't beat a champion with epics, I always 'tickle' (bash-bash-bash with a baby :)) them. Have a look at round 25 in my tournament. ;) My guess is that they can't stand tickling and laugh until they faint :D:p

amerirish
01-19-16, 01:06 PM
If I can't beat a champion with epics, I always 'tickle' (bash-bash-bash with a baby :)) them. Have a look at round 25 in my tournament. ;) My guess is that they can't stand tickling and laugh until they faint :D:p

LMAO, that's too funny!! ;) :D

mylilstina
01-19-16, 01:14 PM
Just adding a tip for RS. Got him with my Landworm 12. Two hits. BM

Anaboe
01-19-16, 01:25 PM
Lol, round 15 to 28 ALL were much more difficult than they should have been.

But, Crusader 15 bashed Battlesteed 20 first blow. I was almost shocked, was ready to use ultimate, as I really hate losing time over lvl 20 Champions.

And ofcourse Frostbite was easy.

Congrats to all who won, and good luck to all still batteling!

amerirish
01-19-16, 01:41 PM
Tried using Prime Eternal 1 on Battlesteed with bbb but no luck :( Guess my Battlesteed isn't ticklish :D

Hawk1
01-19-16, 01:49 PM
Finished, this was a fairly easy tournament until Battlesteed. My results are on page 1
Good luck to those still battling and congrats to everyone that has Frostbite in storage or on the nest.

blackeneddove
01-19-16, 02:29 PM
Im just like you!
2 days stuck in RS!
I hate him
Please help!

Hi! I logged in just to respond to you.  Your losing streak looks similar to mine! Lol! The only difference being that I used Diamond lv15 like 6 times & took down RS with the 7th try. Something like that anyway - I haven't been keeping track this tournament. I also had like 7-8 other losses to RS, so he put many of my dragons out of the tourney. Anyway, I just wanted you to know I beat him with diamond 15, but just kept healing and rehealing, using other dragons to try while my diamond was in the healing spring. I wish you good luck!! ☺️

Ps. I almost forgot, I also restarted my game app right before I went into battle. I have no idea if this made a difference (some people say it does & it has worked for me once before) but most times I still lose, so I don't think restarting had any affect. I just thought I would mention it. ��

ma1eficent
01-19-16, 02:51 PM
@Bastiaan0 and @silverybunny I used what you list plus a lot other, lost twice with Bubblegum and on the third try with it, defeted him! Good luck in the tournament to both of you, we'll need it with those 10 lvl dragons.

MsMelanieMonster
01-19-16, 03:07 PM
While I sent over 10 dragons to heal over Rainbow Sentinel, I won Battlesteed (w/Beast) and Frostbite (w/Peacock) on the first try.
Because of the blue in Frostbite, I figured blue would be cancelled out and noticed the double purple on the plus side.
Used Peacock 8 cause it's purple and super rare and it worked! She was already on my mind -- she finally beat RS for me.

I'm thinking the Royal and Cosmic dragons might be worth trying as well; between Rapunzel and Genie I know we all have a bunch of Purple/Yellow!

GL to everyone still battling! I got lucky this time.

Results: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88226-New-Tournament-Frostbite-Dragon/page5

greywagtail
01-19-16, 03:09 PM
Had five attempts at Rose Knight. Won with Diamond (15). Then found that the game had not saved it and I am back to Rose Kinght again:mad:

MsMelanieMonster
01-19-16, 03:10 PM
My plan of attack for RS was to fight high level to low level with anything super rare. It eventually worked. GL.

R3ko
01-19-16, 03:15 PM
Finally taking down RS with landworm 10...go to next round now

pernmagic
01-19-16, 03:25 PM
29 Battlesteed < Beast bM L10 ...... 2 lost ...... Thanks for help

Tomorrow Frostfire awaits..... Changed my mind , had enough Frostfire down to Lotus .... Egg on nest

For me this has been the most difficult for 6 months ...... Good luck to all hope you can finish

Hawk1
01-19-16, 05:02 PM
29 Battlesteed < Beast bM L10 ...... 2 lost ...... Thanks for help

Tomorrow Frostfire awaits..... Changed my mind , had enough Frostfire down to Lotus .... Egg on nest

For me this has been the most difficult for 6 months ...... Good luck to all hope you can finish

Last tournament was harder for me, I don't normally grind my teeth :) but last tournament was pushing me in that direction.

mayday2001
01-19-16, 05:02 PM
Hope this will help someone
20. diamknd15 21. snap 22.WP 23. mermaid 24. crusader 25. origami1 26.quartz 27. tie dye 28.pride 29.passion 30. dark crystal

amerirish
01-19-16, 05:18 PM
Seriously, I must be at or near 2 dozen losses to Battlesteed by now, I am so furious! :mad:

DeeDe99
01-19-16, 05:21 PM

It was the most difficult for a while for me too PernMagic, once I hit Battlesteed - the rest weren't so bad. I used Ultimate on Battlesteed in the end because I was juggling real life with battles and the Tales: even so I am still healing the dragons he beat up and that was three days ago - Wednesday here now and I finished on my Saturday

luckyaa7
01-19-16, 05:47 PM
Seriously, I must be at or near 2 dozen losses to Battlesteed by now, I am so furious! :mad:

Sorry that you are having such a hard time. Try diamond or fire, firestorm, beastmaster. If they lose, heal and try again. Sendind positive thoughts your way!! You're so close!!

amerirish
01-19-16, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the kind words luckyaa7, you're very sweet. I think I might just wave the white flag and use Ultimate next round :(

delphine0708
01-19-16, 06:12 PM
I'm struggling with Rainbow Sentinel - from my results on page 4

25 Rainbow sentinel 19 - still battling! Big bad 3, Diamond 14, battlesteed 11, sweet tooth 8, rainbow sentinel 10, metal 10, landworm 11, diamond 14, Atlantis 12, King 12 lost

I'm on a blocked streak I think so will keep trying Diamond and champions and perhaps some more red combos or another baby, any other suggestions? This gets so boring to be honest.....

amerirish
01-19-16, 06:15 PM
Hallelujah!!!! Just when I was ready to give in, I tried Diamond 15 ONE more time against Battlesteed. Won with Bb - so freakin' relieved to be done with that jerk!

silverybunny
01-19-16, 06:31 PM
I finish this. I'm so excited this is my first tournament I've won.I did it with only 5 losses total and sent no gold. YEAH ME!

vshephard96
01-19-16, 06:36 PM
FYI for those still struggling with RS...I finally gottem with Snap dragon lvl 8 ....2 Bashes.

dachshundlover11
01-19-16, 06:51 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous. I am at battle 25 or Rainbow Sentinel. I have used Diamond 12(5X), Crusader 10(3X), Parakeet 11(2X), Forest 8, Firestorm 8, Fairytale 6, Fire 12, Landworm 10, Beast 11, Fuzzy 1, Fruitful 3, Garnet 7, Lightning 10 and Sunburst 8. That's 21 battles all loses.

Really!!.. Can some one run the probably of losing this many times without the game being super fixed. Anyone have any ideas of what to throw at RS next. Cuz I've tickled RS's funny bone, thrown my best at him, calculated, guessed, randomly selected, read the forum ....retread the forum and I'm at a loss here. No I don't have a metal or sweettooth, and I did try to breed a metal. No luck. Soooooo a little over 1 day left any suggestions?????? You can't do any worse than I have.

Genko1
01-19-16, 07:21 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous. I am at battle 25 or Rainbow Sentinel. I have used Diamond 12(5X), Crusader 10(3X), Parakeet 11(2X), Forest 8, Firestorm 8, Fairytale 6, Fire 12, Landworm 10, Beast 11, Fuzzy 1, Fruitful 3, Garnet 7, Lightning 10 and Sunburst 8. That's 21 battles all loses.

Really!!.. Can some one run the probably of losing this many times without the game being super fixed. Anyone have any ideas of what to throw at RS next. Cuz I've tickled RS's funny bone, thrown my best at him, calculated, guessed, randomly selected, read the forum ....retread the forum and I'm at a loss here. No I don't have a metal or sweettooth, and I did try to breed a metal. No luck. Soooooo a little over 1 day left any suggestions?????? You can't do any worse than I have.

I share your pain. There isn`t any logic in the battle arena. Many times I meet dragons, that i beat in the past, when I use the same winner dragons against them...I am surprised...I lost... I couldn`t explain to myself..how it is possible to grab the win with one dragon....and after that to lose with the same dragon....against the same enemy dragon....on the same levels...However...I used LOVEBIRD dragon ( white, purple + red) with two attacks -MAGIC, MAGIC...and RS was ****ed... I hope it will work for you. Good luck and enjoy...Don`t be upset ...the prize is just a white-blue dragon...not a big deal :)

Genko1
01-19-16, 07:23 PM
I finish this. I'm so excited this is my first tournament I've won.I did it with only 5 losses total and sent no gold. YEAH ME!

Congratulation, Silverbunny ! Well done. Many people ( including and me) have had problems on that tournament...but U had only 5 loses....U should be proud of yourself! :) Keep walking...and reach many other prizes :) :) All the best

vshephard96
01-19-16, 07:30 PM

Woot woot!!! Congratulations

silverybunny
01-19-16, 07:46 PM
Thanks my dragons did well especially when they are Alltel 10 and lower well except Jack lvl 11.
I really wanted this one very cool looking even though I didn't need another white blue combo.

luckyaa7
01-19-16, 08:08 PM
I'm struggling with Rainbow Sentinel - from my results on page 4

25 Rainbow sentinel 19 - still battling! Big bad 3, Diamond 14, battlesteed 11, sweet tooth 8, rainbow sentinel 10, metal 10, landworm 11, diamond 14, Atlantis 12, King 12 lost

I'm on a blocked streak I think so will keep trying Diamond and champions and perhaps some more red combos or another baby, any other suggestions? This gets so boring to be honest.....

I know that feeling. I was stuck on champ for two days before.. Try diamond and metal again. And try restart your device before the battle. Sometimes it seems to work. Good luck!

luckyaa7
01-19-16, 08:08 PM
Hallelujah!!!! Just when I was ready to give in, I tried Diamond 15 ONE more time against Battlesteed. Won with Bb - so freakin' relieved to be done with that jerk!

Yay!!

luckyaa7
01-19-16, 08:11 PM

Do you have any tri color one?? They seems to be working well with champ.. Try fire, firestorm and even water again.. I throw water at champ one time after so many losses and water actully did it. Good luck! Hope you get past RS soon!!

Dragosle
01-19-16, 08:20 PM
Whoosh! Finished the tourney with only one Ultimate on RS (because he happened to be the last battle I need to win to complete the Dragon Tales, bad timing :p)

Congrats to those who's won and good luck for those who're still battling :D

amerirish
01-19-16, 08:28 PM
Just finished!! Tried Aether 15 on Frostbite but lost. Next time facing him I used Lollipop 13 and took him down :D

Best of luck to all still fighting. Thanks so much for everyone posting their results and helping all of us who faced problem enemies <coughbattlesteedcough>

:D

VermillionPT2
01-19-16, 09:03 PM
For those having difficulty taking down Rainbow Sentinel, my husband used Dueler on his island. Took it down with 1 hit. GL everyone.

VermillionPT2
01-19-16, 09:06 PM

Congrats on your first victory. Wishing you many more victories in the future! :)

VermillionPT2
01-19-16, 09:09 PM
Just finished!! Tried Aether 15 on Frostbite but lost. Next time facing him I used Lollipop 13 and took him down :D

Best of luck to all still fighting. Thanks so much for everyone posting their results and helping all of us who faced problem enemies <coughbattlesteedcough>

:D

Lol, I agree. Battlesteed was a bear. Congrats to you! :)

MyWorld2099
01-19-16, 09:14 PM
Frostbite Tournament

1. Fire lv 1: Air lv 10* mb
2. Hercules lv 1: Air lv 10 B KO
3. Pumpkin lv 1: Clown lv 10 bmm
4. Luck lv 2: Beast lv 10 mb
5. March Mayhem lv 2: Lotus lv 9 B KO
6. Smoke lv 3: Beast lv 10 B KO
7. Waterfall lv 3 : Clown lv 10 B KO
8. Sugar Plum Fairy lv 5: Lotus lv 9 B KO
9. Sterling Silver lv 6: Diamond lv 10 B KO
10. Manticore lv 6 : Beast lv 10 B KO
11. Macaw lv 8 : Air lv 10 mb Win
12. Black Pearl lv 8: Diamond lv 10 bmm WIN
13. Germany lv 9: Lotus lv 9 bb Win
14. Malachite lv 9: Forest lv 10 bb Win
15. Clown lv 15: Lotus lv 9 B KO
16. Serpent lv 10: Clown lv 10 B KO
17. Watermelon lv 10: Fire lv 11 B KO
18. Chrome lv 12: Lotus lv 9 B KO
19. Planet lv 12: Clown lv 10 bb Win
20. Rose Knight lv 14: Diamond lv 10 mbm FINALLY!!!!
21. Samurai lv 12: Lotus lv 9 bb Win
22. Were lv 14: Clown lv 10 bm Win
23. Golem lv 16: Clown lv 10 bmb Win
24. Astromancer lv 16: Diamond lv 10 B KO
25. Rainbow Sentinel lv 19: Metal lv 7: bb Win GOT MY QUEEN TOO!
26. Loch Ness lv 18: Mythic lv 5 bm Win
27. Troll lv 18: Land worm lv 7 Bb KO
28. Mammoth lv 20: Familiar lv 6 B KO
29. Battlesteed lv 20: Banshee lv 10 bb Win
30. Frostbite lv 20: Night Imp lv 5 B KO

Finally Done!!!

greywagtail
01-19-16, 10:09 PM
Had five attempts at Rose Knight. Won with Diamond (15). Then found that the game had not saved it and I am back to Rose Kinght again:mad:

Got past Samurai and then found I was rolled back to Rose Knight:mad: anyone else had this happen?

VermillionPT2
01-19-16, 10:14 PM
Got past Samurai and then found I was rolled back to Rose Knight:mad: anyone else had this happen?

Yes, this had happened on my third account. After that I just made sure to visit a nbr before exiting the game after every battle. Hopefully this will help you. Good luck!

R3ko
01-20-16, 12:18 AM
Now stuck on battlesteed...

jjblueyes
01-20-16, 12:41 AM
I tell ya this has been about as fun as the earthquake tournament. I have dropped 2 dragons since 8pm last night...bout 38 hrs ago..... Yikes

pernmagic
01-20-16, 01:49 AM
I tell ya this has been about as fun as the earthquake tournament. I have dropped 2 dragons since 8pm last night...bout 38 hrs ago..... Yikes
Hope you finish ok , this tournament was a pig hardest I've met since I was learning 9 months ago, my breeding success is rubbish and every
Breed time takes longer so now now short of bombs so going to get the the demolition dragon to help with that ( sorry to go off topic on last sentence )
Good luck )

jjblueyes
01-20-16, 02:49 AM
Hope you finish ok , this tournament was a pig hardest I've met since I was learning 9 months ago, my breeding success is rubbish and every
Breed time takes longer so now now short of bombs so going to get the the demolition dragon to help with that ( sorry to go off topic on last sentence )
Good luck )

Thank you! 3 dragons took 30 hrs. I'm
Exhausted. I'm still trucking. My kids account is trying so hard. 8 dragons to go. They have so little to work with but I'm proud of them trying.

jjblueyes
01-20-16, 02:49 AM
20- Rose Knight < Diamond 15 (B-KO) Lost soccer
21- Samurai < Forest 14 (Bm)
-Lost beast 15, diamond 15, shaman 12 and several others
22- Were < Comic (bmm)
23- Golem < Banshee 13 (bmm)
24- Astromancer < Air (bmm)-Lost diamond 15, landworm, maple 14, Forest 14 and all several times
25- Rainbow Sentinel < Beast 15 (bmm) -lost diamond 15 several times, landworm,
26- Loch Ness < Quartz (B-KO) -Lost Beast 15, eclipse, Diamond 15 twice, Shaman 12, twice, banshee 13, guardian & Jack 12
27- Troll <
28- Mammoth <
29- Battlesteed <
30- Frostbite <

pernmagic
01-20-16, 03:26 AM
Jun
22- Were < Comic (
24- Astromancer < Air (bmm)-Lost diamond 15, landworm, maple 14, Forest 14 and all several times
26- Loch Ness < Quartz (B-KO) -Lost Beast 15, eclipse, Diamond 15 twice, Shaman 12, twice, banshee 13, guardian & Jack 12
27- Troll <
28- Mammoth <
29- Battlesteed <
30- Frostbite <

When you get to them troll and mammoth went down to RS L15 Bb , not on first attempt , Battlesteed went down to beast L10 bM first attempt with beast but lost many others Frostfire eventually with lotus don't know how .......
Might help you finish :)

stefen35
01-20-16, 04:48 AM
finish the tourney about 24 hours ago lol :)

amerirish
01-20-16, 06:49 AM

I finally took him down with Diamond 15 so if you have one, keep trying & rehealing. Other suggestions on this board were: Beast, Banshee, Fairy, Prime Eternal, Forest, Autumn, Electric. The only dragons with a 25% shot (if they are level 15) are: Diamond, Infinity, Passion, Pyramid and Soccer. Metal 15 has a 15% shot - all other dragons are 10% odds regardless of their level. I really hope you beat him swiftly :)

zyfazix
01-20-16, 07:28 AM
Won round 29 first try with Diamond 15, only one round left :)

Genko1
01-20-16, 07:51 AM

Yes, It was happen to me...twice...I beat Golem dragon and i won...after that when i go to the arena again...I saw Golem again...Surprise! :D :D I beat it....and after that again Golem! LOL

Genko1
01-20-16, 07:54 AM
22- Were < Comic (bmm)
27- Troll <
28- Mammoth <
29- Battlesteed <
30- Frostbite <

Hope, that helps :)
R27. Troll 18 < King 10 (MM)
R28. Mammoth 20 < Lilly 9 ( M )
R29. Battlesteed Dragon 20 < Festive Light 6 (MM)
R30. Frostbite 20 < Rainbow 10 (M)

Genko1
01-20-16, 07:56 AM

R3ko
01-20-16, 09:21 AM

Thx 4 advice but not work for me

amerirish
01-20-16, 09:26 AM
Thx 4 advice but not work for me

Sometimes it takes several tries with the same type of dragon. I used Diamond about 5 times before it worked. Good luck :D

Niire
01-20-16, 10:39 AM
Yeah, my Diamond got beat the first couple of times on those evil champs, but was the one that finally won for me this time. :) Gonna get him to level 15 after my latest breeding stint I think, as a reward. <3

jeremyobrien
01-20-16, 11:18 AM
I was fighting the 29th dragon in the Tournament (Level 20 Battlesteed) with a level 6 Druid dragon. Hit it once, then when it didn't fall I used the Ultimate attack which cost me 30 gold (went from 250 to 220). It said I won the battle and gained a Christmas light.

An hour later, when I go to the Arena I still have to face the Level 20 Battlesteed and it says I am at 29 out of 30, but my Gold is still gone! This is unacceptable, I don't want to have to pay 60 Gold to perform it twice for no reason, and who knows, the same issue will probably happen again anyway.

This is pretty unfair! Between this and Gold traps, Team Lava must really want to discourage players from paying actual money for Gold :mad:

Is there anything that can be done about this?

dachshundlover11
01-20-16, 12:45 PM
I share your pain. There isn`t any logic in the battle arena. Many times I meet dragons, that i beat in the past, when I use the same winner dragons against them...I am surprised...I lost... I couldn`t explain to myself..how it is possible to grab the win with one dragon....and after that to lose with the same dragon....against the same enemy dragon....on the same levels...However...I used LOVEBIRD dragon ( white, purple + red) with two attacks -MAGIC, MAGIC...and RS was ****ed... I hope it will work for you. Good luck and enjoy...Don`t be upset ...the prize is just a white-blue dragon...not a big deal :)

Thank you Luckyaa7, Genko1 and VermillionPT2 for advice and support.

I have more battles to add to the losses. Fire (again), Diamond(again), Jack(2 X this am), King and Water(a try from advise). That's 27 battles all total and all losses. I don't have a dueler, Metal, or Sweet tooth. I'm looking into the tri color dragons - I don't have Lovebird or white, purple, red. I do have
Autumn and Scarecrow - Green, Yellow, Red
Candy Cane - White, Green, Red
Comic - Blue, Yellow, Red
Cursed Rose - Black, White, Red
Equinox - Purple, Blue, Green
Jack 0' - White, Yellow, Green
Nouveau - Rainbow, Blue, Green
Pirate - Black, White, Red
Spirit Queen - Pink, White, Black
Elements - Blue, Green, Red

Any suggestions? Right now I really doubt that I have a hope of winning, without putting out a massive amount of gold(which at this point I refuse to do). If there was a requirement to use gold to win this tournament. I strongly feel that I should have been told upfront, so I could have made my decision at that time. Rather than to have the game obviously fixed so I am forced to use gold, which I have done to speed up battles only. It seems that the awards of gold given for downloading other app and playing has been cut in half, while Ultimate Battle still costs 30 Gold. At this point I plan on using my gold to try and win the Royal Flush, rather than this fixed Tournament, i.e. Can you say "MONEY PIT". At this time I just want to see How many Battles that I have to lose before I am allowed to move on. I think 27 losses to win against one tough opponent is rather excessive or am I wrong?

I do appreciate the assistance given and any more suggestions to try, but I'm thinking that at this point I will not be allowed to win this battle unless I use the Ultimate Battle. Then I have several more opponent to go, one of which is Battlestead - where I probably will be required to lay down another 30 gold to move on. So No, I will not spend Gold to only be required to spend More and More, but I will try anyone's good or at this point bad ideas.

Thank you and keep warm.

Bastiaan0
01-20-16, 02:04 PM
Yay, new tournament :) Good looking dragon, too :)
As always, my dragons are level 10 unless mentioned otherwise and I will add my results to this post.

Good luck to everyone ;)

1 - Fire(1) - Air - M
2 - Hercules(1) - Air - MB
3 - Pumpkin(1) - Forest - mB
4 - Luck(2) - Air - mB
5 - March Mayhem(2) - Fire - mB
6 - Smoke(3) - Forest - Mb
7 - Waterfall(3) - Fire - mbM
8 - Sugar Plum(5) - Air - mB (Lost: Forest)
9 - Sterling Silver(6) - Forest - M
10 - Manticore(6) - Air - mbM
11 - Macaw(8) - Fire - M(bm)
12 - Black Pearl(8) - Fire - M
13 - Germany(9) - Forest - mB
14 - Malachite(9) - Air - Mb (Lost: Fire)
15 - Clown(15) - Magic - Mb (Lost: Fire)
16 - Serpent(9) - Fire - mB
17 - Watermelon(9) - Air - mB
18 - Chrome(12) - Air - mbM (Lost: Forest, Fire)
19 - Planet(12) - Water - mbM (Lost: Air, Forest)
20 - Rose Knight(14) - Air - M
21 - Samurai(12) - Forest - M
22 - Were(14) - Air - mB (Lost: Magic)
23 - Golem(16) - Air - M (Lost: Fire)
24 - Astromancer(16) - Fire - mB
25 - Rainbow Sentinel(19) - Forest(1) - bB (Lost: Fire, Forest, Diamond, Air, Fire(1))
26 - Loch Ness(18) - Fire - mB (Lost: Water, Fire, Magic, Diamond)
27 - Troll(18) - Forest - mbM
28 - Mammoth(20) - Air - mB
29 - Battlesteed(20) - Jack(12) - mbB (Lost: Air, Fire, Air, Diamond, Fire(1), Forest(1))
30 - Frostbite(20) - Air - mBm (Lost: Forest)

Woohoo! :D
I must admit, I got a little bit impatient with Battlesteed, used 10 gold to speed up some rounds. Normally I don't use other dragons than commons and sometimes Diamond, but reading this thread I could see Battlesteed was a pain in the []to most people, he even can stand tickling. So I went out of my box and gave Jack a try... I think he actually bluffed Battlesteed out of the arena :p
As for the loss against Frostbite: Air is always first choice when battling white hybrids, but he was splashing around in the spa. He has always been and still is my best fighter ;)

Congrats to everybody already finished, lots of luck and good vibes to those of you who are still battling ;)

VermillionPT2
01-20-16, 03:08 PM
Thank you Luckyaa7, Genko1 and VermillionPT2 for advice and support.

I have more battles to add to the losses. Fire (again), Diamond(again), Jack(2 X this am), King and Water(a try from advise). That's 27 battles all total and all losses. I don't have a dueler, Metal, or Sweet tooth. I'm looking into the tri color dragons - I don't have Lovebird or white, purple, red. I do have
Autumn and Scarecrow - Green, Yellow, Red
Candy Cane - White, Green, Red
Comic - Blue, Yellow, Red
Cursed Rose - Black, White, Red
Equinox - Purple, Blue, Green
Jack 0' - White, Yellow, Green
Nouveau - Rainbow, Blue, Green
Pirate - Black, White, Red
Spirit Queen - Pink, White, Black
Elements - Blue, Green, Red

Any suggestions? Right now I really doubt that I have a hope of winning, without putting out a massive amount of gold(which at this point I refuse to do). If there was a requirement to use gold to win this tournament. I strongly feel that I should have been told upfront, so I could have made my decision at that time. Rather than to have the game obviously fixed so I am forced to use gold, which I have done to speed up battles only. It seems that the awards of gold given for downloading other app and playing has been cut in half, while Ultimate Battle still costs 30 Gold. At this point I plan on using my gold to try and win the Royal Flush, rather than this fixed Tournament, i.e. Can you say "MONEY PIT". At this time I just want to see How many Battles that I have to lose before I am allowed to move on. I think 27 losses to win against one tough opponent is rather excessive or am I wrong?

I do appreciate the assistance given and any more suggestions to try, but I'm thinking that at this point I will not be allowed to win this battle unless I use the Ultimate Battle. Then I have several more opponent to go, one of which is Battlestead - where I probably will be required to lay down another 30 gold to move on. So No, I will not spend Gold to only be required to spend More and More, but I will try anyone's good or at this point bad ideas.

Thank you and keep warm.

Dachshundlover11, you're still on round 25 Rainbow Sentinel I take it? I'm so very sorry nothing has worked thus far. Unless you really want this dragon, I wouldn't use ultimate. Try newly acquired dragons (like from the tales or the last tournament). This works more often than not for me. Even fails can work, i.e. baby atlantis, fire, mist, night etc... At this point I would definitely just throw babies at it while healing up fighters that have beat other champions. I usually like to use landworm,forestfire, or scorpion against champions but sometimes what worked before won't work again. You can also try clearing your cache on your device and restart your device before entering the game again. I wish you a lot of luck my friend (fingers crossed for you). Goodluck!

mommmybear5
01-20-16, 06:20 PM
Probably just a dumb question, but when I look at what y'all used, I see something like mBb or bbB... I think I've figured out magic and bash, but why the capital?

amerirish
01-20-16, 06:27 PM
Probably just a dumb question, but when I look at what y'all used, I see something like mBb or bbB... I think I've figured out magic and bash, but why the capital?

Yes it's M for Magic and B for Bash. The small letter means a small hit, the capital letter means it caused a bunch of damaged. If you see just one capital it means that you beat the opponent with one hit :D

dachshundlover11
01-20-16, 06:36 PM
Dachshundlover11, you're still on round 25 Rainbow Sentinel I take it? I'm so very sorry nothing has worked thus far. Unless you really want this dragon, I wouldn't use ultimate. Try newly acquired dragons (like from the tales or the last tournament). This works more often than not for me. Even fails can work, i.e. baby atlantis, fire, mist, night etc... At this point I would definitely just throw babies at it while healing up fighters that have beat other champions. I usually like to use landworm,forestfire, or scorpion against champions but sometimes what worked before won't work again. You can also try clearing your cache on your device and restart your device before entering the game again. I wish you a lot of luck my friend (fingers crossed for you). Goodluck!

Thanks VermillionPT2. I can't use a past champion because I've joined in a few tournaments but never won. This one I got closer. I'll try Sprit queen and Ghost Armor as that should be the last of the most recent tales. Oh well. I will try your suggestion to clear the cache and turn game off, and then battle again. Thanks for feedback and support.

savage_mel
01-20-16, 07:23 PM
I can't believe I've come this far just to get stuck on Loch Ness!

delphine0708
01-20-16, 08:29 PM
I can't believe I've come this far just to get stuck on Loch Ness!

I just got it down with Watermelon, try pink or even green yellow (parakeet or Lover's tree) but avoid purple black red blue, good luck!

Genko1
01-20-16, 09:46 PM
I`ve done it with King dragon. I hope it will work for you. Good luck

vshephard96
01-20-16, 10:26 PM
Gilded knight for final round

All other rounds are on my wall in need other suggestions

debrasbistro
01-20-16, 11:47 PM
FROSTBITE DRAGON TOURNAMENT

First regular tournament in 2016. Good luck everyone. :)

Rd 1. Fire lvl. 1 < Maple lvl. 13 bbB.
Rd 2. Hercules lvl. 1 < Olympus lvl. 6 Bbb.
Rd 3. Pumpkin lvl. 1 < Air lvl. 10 bM.
Rd 4. Luck lvl. 2 < Portal lvl. 10 bM.
Rd 5. March Mayhem lvl. 2 < Air lvl. 10 mM.
Rd 6. Smoke lvl. 3 < Banshee lvl. 13 B (One Hit KO).
Rd 7. Waterfall lvl. 3 < Maple lvl. 13 Bb.
Rd 8. Sugar Plum lvl. 5 < Watermelon lvl. 1 bbB.
Rd 9. Sterling Silver lvl. 6 < Seabreeze lvl. 9 B (One Hit KO).
Rd 10. Manticore lvl. 6 < Portal lvl. 10 bB.
Rd 11. Macaw lvl. 8 < Seabreeze lvl. 9 bmB.
Rd 12. Black Pearl lvl. 8 < Ghost Armor lvl. 10 bB.
Rd 13. Germany lvl. 9 < Lotus lvl. 7 Bb.
Rd 14. Malachite lvl. 9 < Devil lvl. 7 B (One Hit KO).
Rd 15. Clown lvl. 14 < Shadow (Black, Yellow) lvl. 4 Bm (3 Golds).
Rd 16. Serpent lvl. 9 < Maple lvl. 13 bM.
Rd 17. Watermelon lvl. 9 < Cursed Rose lvl. 10 B (One Hit KO).
Rd 18. Chrome lvl. 12 < Astro lvl. 10 bM.
Rd 19. Planet lvl. 12 < Beast lvl. 15 bB.
Rd 20. Rose Knight lvl. 14 < Rapunzel (Purple, Yellow) lvl. 1 bBb (3 Golds).
Rd 21. Samurai lvl. 12 < Leprechaun lvl. 7 bmB.
Rd 22. Were lvl. 14 < Maple lvl. 13 bB.
Rd 23. Golem lvl. 16 < Waverider lvl. 7 bbB.
Rd 24. Astromancer lvl. 16 < Genie lvl. 4 Bmb.
Rd 25. Rainbow Sentinel lvl. 19 < Metal (Metal) lvl. 4 bbB (3 Golds).
Rd 26. Loch Ness lvl. 18 < Amphora lvl. 10 bmB.
Rd 27. Troll lvl. 18 < Jigsaw lvl. 1 bM.
Rd 28. Mammoth lvl. 18 < Bubble Gum lvl. 4 Bb.
Rd 29. Battlesteed lvl. 20 < Fairy (Green, Yellow) lvl. 7 bB.
Rd 30. Frostbite lvl. 20 < Night Imp (Purple, Blue, Yellow) lvl. 1 B (One Hit KO) --> He worked like a charm. :eek::D

The egg is so beautiful, 19 hours incubation, also have another White-Blue hybrids, Hot Chocolate, in the breeding den (update: it's in the nest now (20 hours)).
Good luck to all of you still fighting. Wish you all best of luck. :)
Congratulations to all the winners. ;)

*Phenomenal Picture - Noted that the second picture showed Diamond and Zephyr are kissing and White Gold secretly take a peek at them, LOL... :D

Thanks Stevenlee,

Have had trouble the last few rounds as time is closing in and my Gilded Knight 15 lost to Frostbite. I tried my little Night Imp and he worked like a charm! Thanks so much for the suggestion

jjblueyes
01-20-16, 11:48 PM
Tournament; All dragons are epic unless otherwise noted. Good luck friends!

1- Fire < Beast 15 (bmm)
2- Hercules < Fire 14 (bmm)
3- Pumpkin < Air (B-KO)
4- Luck < Divine (Bm)
5- March Mayhem < Air (Bm)
6- Smoke < Cleopatra 9 (bM)
7- Waterfall < Rainbow Sentinel (bmm)
8- Sugar Plum < Jade 9 (bM)
9- Sterling Silver < Germany (m)
10- Manticore < Divine (B-n
11- Macaw < Secret (bmb)
12- Black Pearl < Rainbow sentinel (bmm)
13- Germany < Eclipse (bmm)
14- Malachite < Aquamarine (B-KO)
15- Clown < Diamond 15 (bmm) lost splatter 13 & shadow
16- Serpent < Atlantis (bmm)
17- Watermelon < USA
18- Chrome < Marshmellow (Bm)
19- Planet < Beast 15 (Bm) Lost divine & shaman
22- Were < Comic (bmm)
27- Troll < goodwitch (bmm) Lost devil 9
28- Mammoth < used ultimate -Lost diamond 15, shaman 12, fire 14, many many more
29- Battlesteed < celestial 8 (bmm) lost several battles here
30- Frostbite < beast 15 (bmm) lost quetzal and diamond 15

Finally done. Holy Moses. I didn't keep good records on what lost in the last 3 rounds. I was with my son at a doc appt much of the day and at another sons wrestling tournament most of the night. This was a ridiculous event for me. I used one ultimate only because of the time restraints. I'm happy for everyone who got this prize, good luck if you are still trying & I'm so sorry if you don't make it. I'm sure many won't. Crazy!!!
Cheers- Jen

debrasbistro
01-21-16, 12:01 AM
Congrats Jen,

I know what you mean. I started out fine when the tournament started - everything going smoothly. Then I got sick and slept and woke up with only a few rounds left today, but, those few rounds were hideously awful. I'm so glad you finished. Sometimes, the ultimate is worth it to eliminate the continued stress when time closes in because of real life.

I don't even think twice in those cases and feel so much better that it's done.

Good luck to those battling and congrats to those with a new case of frostbite :D.

Niire
01-21-16, 12:15 AM
jeremyobrien, you can send an email to support to see if they can assist you. I just had a weird thing happen on the last STW (won a dragon, he was in storage on and off all day, then he poofed), and they helped me out. :) Be warned though, it can take awhile, think mine took like 11 days or so to fully process (and they had me do a few things between as well, such as force close DS, reinstall and see if it isl there etc).

mommmybear5
01-21-16, 12:22 AM
Yes it's M for Magic and B for Bash. The small letter means a small hit, the capital letter means it caused a bunch of damaged. If you see just one capital it means that you beat the opponent with one hit :D

Thanks so much! I kept thinking it was an attack I didn't know. I finally got through this one! Didn't make the last one.

VermillionPT2
01-21-16, 12:30 AM
Tournament; All dragons are epic unless otherwise noted. Good luck friends!

1- Fire < Beast 15 (bmm)
2- Hercules < Fire 14 (bmm)
3- Pumpkin < Air (B-KO)
4- Luck < Divine (Bm)
5- March Mayhem < Air (Bm)
6- Smoke < Cleopatra 9 (bM)
7- Waterfall < Rainbow Sentinel (bmm)
8- Sugar Plum < Jade 9 (bM)
9- Sterling Silver < Germany (m)
10- Manticore < Divine (B-n
11- Macaw < Secret (bmb)
12- Black Pearl < Rainbow sentinel (bmm)
13- Germany < Eclipse (bmm)
14- Malachite < Aquamarine (B-KO)
15- Clown < Diamond 15 (bmm) lost splatter 13 & shadow
16- Serpent < Atlantis (bmm)
17- Watermelon < USA
18- Chrome < Marshmellow (Bm)
19- Planet < Beast 15 (Bm) Lost divine & shaman
22- Were < Comic (bmm)
27- Troll < goodwitch (bmm) Lost devil 9
28- Mammoth < used ultimate -Lost diamond 15, shaman 12, fire 14, many many more
29- Battlesteed < celestial 8 (bmm) lost several battles here
30- Frostbite < beast 15 (bmm) lost quetzal and diamond 15

Finally done. Holy Moses. I didn't keep good records on what lost in the last 3 rounds. I was with my son at a doc appt much of the day and at another sons wrestling tournament most of the night. This was a ridiculous event for me. I used one ultimate only because of the time restraints. I'm happy for everyone who got this prize, good luck if you are still trying & I'm so sorry if you don't make it. I'm sure many won't. Crazy!!!
Cheers- Jen

I'm super happy you were able to complete the tournament, Congrats to you Jen!! I agree with both you and @debrasbistro on all accounts. Life comes first before games thus it makes using ultimate more justifiable in the end. 'Cause you know life...it can be unpredictable. See you at the next tournament my friend! ;)

jjblueyes
01-21-16, 12:39 AM
Thanks dear! I don't regret it besides the simple annoyance of having spent 1.5 days on 2/3 dragons. Awe oh well! Sorry you got sick! Feel better!
Jen

jjblueyes
01-21-16, 12:43 AM
I'm super happy you were able to complete the tournament, Congrats to you Jen!! I agree with both you and @debrasbistro on all accounts. Life comes first before games thus it makes using ultimate more justifiable in the end. 'Cause you know life...it can be unpredictable. See you at the next tournament my friend! ;)

I'm super happy too! Tired, but happy. Yes ma'am, life can throw all sorts of whammy's at ya! Keeps things exciting! See you as well when it's time to put on the armor and battle the beasts!

delphine0708
01-21-16, 12:51 AM
Finally done with 20 minutes to spare !!

My results are on page 4 and apart from the 17 battles against Rainbow sentinel it all went really smoothly, I only spent 7 gold speeding up those last few rounds and had a pretty sleepless night ☺

Now off to Day 10 of Dragon Tales, hope the 5 battles needed will be easier.

Congrats to everyone that finished, good luck to those still trying and commiserations to those who didn't make it, there will be another battle soon!

debrasbistro
01-21-16, 01:19 AM
Thanks dear! I don't regret it besides the simple annoyance of having spent 1.5 days on 2/3 dragons. Awe oh well! Sorry you got sick! Feel better!
Jen

Oh, I hear you on that! Thanks friend :)

pernmagic
01-21-16, 02:03 AM
Congrats Jen and all others ..... Hope the next one is more logical :)

stevenlee2905
01-21-16, 02:35 AM
Thanks Stevenlee,

Have had trouble the last few rounds as time is closing in and my Gilded Knight 15 lost to Frostbite. I tried my little Night Imp and he worked like a charm! Thanks so much for the suggestion

You are most welcome, Debrasbistro... I am happy for you, congratulations on your victory. :)

stevenlee2905
01-21-16, 02:40 AM
Cheers- Jen

Glad you finally beat those beasts, congratulations, Jen. ;)

stevenlee2905
01-21-16, 02:55 AM
Congrats Jen,

I know what you mean. I started out fine when the tournament started - everything going smoothly. Then I got sick and slept and woke up with only a few rounds left today, but, those few rounds were hideously awful. I'm so glad you finished. Sometimes, the ultimate is worth it to eliminate the continued stress when time closes in because of real life.

I don't even think twice in those cases and feel so much better that it's done.

Good luck to those battling and congrats to those with a new case of frostbite :D.

Yea, you are right, this reminds me how I struggled in Shadow and Warrior Princess tournament. Can you imagine I lost multiple times to Fireflower (33 times), then lost multiple times against Shadow again. I was burn out and sick of battle at that time then I decided to Ultimate Shadow as nothing worked against him. Warrior Princess also kind of stubborn as everything lost to her then I decided to Ultimate her. I admitted that I still lack of dragon at that time, lack of choice, lack of knowledge, lack of experience, and also strategy. Sometimes if I passed through many rounds especially when I made it to the last round and if I didn't get the prize just because I lost multiple times to the prize dragon then I will fell kind of regret, so it's better for me to spend 30 golds for Ultimate rather than I lost the prize dragon forever. So I agree sometimes Ultimate worth it to eliminate the continued stress due to multiple loses as we need to manage our real life, we have many things to do in real life, and of course we need rest too... Yea, that's life, we learn from our experiences and mistakes...

roguebee
01-21-16, 09:30 AM
Didn't get this one. I knew last week with RL events coming up that I could put my time available to get either Queen from the Tales or the tournament dragon. I opted for Queen to complete that set. I still had 5 battles to go when I decided to go to bed last night. I'd rather have a dragon in hand than unsuccessfully chase two in the bush.

lindseyny
01-22-16, 01:05 PM
This was the first tournament dragon I ever won without having to use gold. Leveling one of my champion dragons up beyond epic (Rose Knight level 11) really helped! I've gotten her up to level 12 since.