PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning?

Queenzod
01-14-16, 04:34 PM
My game is closed, can't be opened, and has the word "cleaning" instead of Castle Story on the icon. ???

[S8] Elsa
01-14-16, 04:53 PM
This is normal. :)

"“Cleaning” appears when your device is clearing the app's cache, which is a temporary storage area for documents and other data. You don't need to do anything: just wait for the word to go away, which means the process is complete. "

If you don't want to wait, you can clear the cache by reinstalling the game.

Queenzod
01-14-16, 05:43 PM
Thank you! It's okay now. I've never seen that before, and I'm at my 3 year anniversary!

[S8] Elsa
01-14-16, 05:53 PM
Thank you! It's okay now. I've never seen that before, and I'm at my 3 year anniversary!

Glad to hear it worked out. The game doesn't do the cleaning, but if the Apple device is clearing the device's cache (not sure when/why it would do it uninitiated), typically a game or app that stores images for faster loading may take longer to clean that simpler apps. :)

kooky panda
01-15-16, 09:21 AM
Oh wow! Interesting! I have never seen this either! Learn something new everyday!:)

mreames
01-15-16, 10:59 AM
Oh wow! Interesting! I have never seen this either! Learn something new everyday!:)

I have and it's a pain sometimes. Lol I wish Apple let us choose which apps could be cleaned. You can usually tell it's been cleaned when your whole kingdom has to be repainted one by one. Same in dragon story. And your neighbors kingdoms have to slowly repaint, too. It happens most often to me when updating the iOS as it needs a lot of room.