PDA

View Full Version : African Safari Catering Cruise

Pages : [1] 2

patayita
01-14-16, 03:41 PM
The African Safari Ship has docked in town! Help the crew prepare for a thrilling adventure! Complete all the orders in 10 days and Erin the Explorer will bring Coconuts to your Restaurant for an ALL NEW recipe that rewards gems!

Erin visits every 4,5 hours.

Catering Cruise Guides
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83324-Orders-for-Cruise-Catering-Event*-(-o-)-*

http://i63.tinypic.com/r70vme.png

Day 1: 75 gems required, Day 2: 150 gems required
1 coin = 3/4 gems
2 coins = 11/12 gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
4 coins = 45/46 gems

Day 3: 200 gems required, Day 4: 250 gems required
Day 5: 250 gems required
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 6: 300 gems required
1 coin = 6 gems
2 coins = 18 gems
3 coins = 42 gems
4 coins = 72 gems

Day 7: 300 gems required, Day 8: 400 gems required
Day 9: 500 gems required, Day 10: 600 gems required
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Time-limited Recipes

http://i64.tinypic.com/20hubsj.png

http://i67.tinypic.com/2w5kdax.png

http://i68.tinypic.com/jrpfyh.png

Master:
Safari Salad: 10, 20, 30
Piri Piri Chicken: 10, 20, 30
Flatbread with Chutney: 10, 20, 30
Coconut Fish Curry: 10, 20, 30

MysticOrchid
01-14-16, 03:44 PM
Me too. We've been seriously getting events back to back lately...

mhughes161113
01-14-16, 03:46 PM
I had a notification but nothing there??

catfoodie
01-14-16, 03:51 PM
Sounds interesting, I guess I should start emptying my counters :rolleyes:

orleansparish
01-14-16, 03:53 PM
I saw it too. Probably will come within the hour. I can't wait to find out what the recipe will be! Would be lovely if it didn't require the same sugar, flour and cream. I know they need basic ingredients that folks of all levels have or can unlock easily, but maybe a pasta dish? Or something with chicken and tomatoes.

I'm stretched thin people! And can't upgrade buildings with those things anymore.

orleansparish
01-14-16, 03:56 PM
Sounds interesting, I guess I should start emptying my counters :rolleyes:

I have 6 million saved so don't need the coins but I'm cringing at what I'll need to get rid of. Because I've been making stuff with high XP and hard to come by ingredients to reach level 60, getting those last two recipes. Already got my prime rib cooking and have been making tuna casserole again since yesterday. Just put some ginger tea on and racking my brain to recall everything they usually ask for.

I'm about to have some angry customers too. Because chairs are about to be turned around!

cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb
01-14-16, 04:46 PM
I have 6 million saved so don't need the coins but I'm cringing at what I'll need to get rid of. Because I've been making stuff with high XP and hard to come by ingredients to reach level 60, getting those last two recipes. Already got my prime rib cooking and have been making tuna casserole again since yesterday. Just put some ginger tea on and racking my brain to recall everything they usually ask for.

I'm about to have some angry customers too. Because chairs are about to be turned around!

You might find this topic very useful when preparing for cruises: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83324-Orders-for-Cruise-Catering-Event*-(-o-)-*

LonePudding
01-14-16, 04:56 PM
Really wasn't expecting something this soon!

phatzs
01-14-16, 05:26 PM
Really wasn't expecting something this soon!

I was. After I saw the marshmallow goal on bs2 I thought to my self that they will throw the cruise in here now. Maybe s8 is seeing how well people do with multiple timed goals in different games.

RoseMeyer
01-14-16, 05:49 PM
Im in trouble its offering me chateau stove but bowhere enough coins to buy it im sure it will want those recipes too

phatzs
01-14-16, 06:13 PM
I'm still not seeing anything about the cruise

AlexKippy
01-14-16, 06:27 PM
I'm still not seeing anything about the cruise

It ain't available yet, maybe it is coming tomorrow and they just misdid the date or something. We'll see.

adorablerican
01-14-16, 06:43 PM
It's out now!

Rynetory2
01-14-16, 06:43 PM
The event is here. :)

AlexKippy
01-14-16, 06:50 PM

Here is the special recipe and the picture of the event.

phatzs
01-14-16, 06:50 PM
To start or not start that is the question lol

somiemyhomie17
01-14-16, 06:52 PM
So when I think safari, I think Africa, but all the recipes are Indian?

kenvindeptrai
01-14-16, 06:54 PM
Fish curry but no fish lol

phatzs
01-14-16, 06:56 PM
Fish curry but no fish lol

That we will have to wait to make till we have access to fruit

Rynetory2
01-14-16, 06:58 PM
To start or not start that is the question lol

There's no rush to start. If you need to collect more ingredients or prepare your dishes, you can start later and plan when to end your last day on.

phatzs
01-14-16, 07:02 PM
There's no rush to start. If you need to collect more ingredients or prepare your dishes, you can start later and plan when to end your last day on.

All the days end at 12 midnight ca time right?

kenvindeptrai
01-14-16, 07:03 PM
I think you can start from now cause we can get the prize from the previous day if you still deliver dish days by days.( except the last day).

orleansparish
01-14-16, 07:04 PM
You might find this topic very useful when preparing for cruises: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83324-Orders-for-Cruise-Catering-Event*-(-o-)-*

Thank you. But I don't hash trouble with the cruises. I always finish early, never use gems to skip or complete a day and have completed them all except the Alaskan one.

But ask and one shall receive! So happy, a new recipe that does NOT require our precious sugar, cream or flour stock. Looks yummy, can't wait to cook it.

Good luck, everyone! And don't hestitate to remove some chairs, to help your food sell slower. If you know which dishes pop up more.

I've already gotten annoyed, because the winter crumble popped up and I've never had a recipe from an event come up for a cruise. Ever! And it just had to be the only one I didn't learn. That sucks!

AlexKippy
01-14-16, 07:05 PM

Just in case anyone wanted to know, these are the prizes for the days. Going to start today so I can keep you guys updated on the prizes and gems and such.

Rynetory2
01-14-16, 07:06 PM
All the days end at 12 midnight ca time right?

Yes.

Rynetory2
01-14-16, 07:08 PM

Just in case anyone wanted to know, these are the prizes for the days. Going to start today so I can keep you guys updated on the prizes and gems and such.

Thanks for the pic, just what I wanted to see. Glad it's a gem recipe and Gazelle is so cute!! I'm definitely looking forward to this. :)

AlexKippy
01-14-16, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the pic, just what I wanted to see. Glad it's a gem recipe and Gazelle is so cute!! I'm definitely looking forward to this. :)

Yes, the prizes are gonna be good ones, and of course I am always happy for another gem recipe, especially one that doesn't require sugar or cream like every recipe seems to now a days.

phatzs
01-14-16, 07:15 PM
Yes.

So would it be better to start after that time to get the most time for the first day? Last cruise I started right away, but was unaware that the day ended at 12 am pacific time, and I barely finished for the first day. I thought if you weren't done with all of your stuff by the end of the day you were screwed. How do you make up days and still complete it.

Rynetory2
01-14-16, 07:25 PM
Yes, the prizes are gonna be good ones, and of course I am always happy for another gem recipe, especially one that doesn't require sugar or cream like every recipe seems to now a days.

Me too, so glad it isn't a sugar and cream gem recipe. :) I lost my old high level restaurant with several gem recipes due to my own fault, so now I'm starting all over again to get to where I was and collect more gem recipes from scratch. Oh well.

Rynetory2
01-14-16, 07:30 PM
So would it be better to start after that time to get the most time for the first day? Last cruise I started right away, but was unaware that the day ended at 12 am pacific time, and I barely finished for the first day. I thought if you weren't done with all of your stuff by the end of the day you were screwed. How do you make up days and still complete it.

Yes it's best to start after midnight. If you don't finish your day 1 within 24 hours, you can carry over to day 2 or 3, but it eats into the time you have for day 2 and after. Remember you have 10 days from start to end. I plan my last day to fall on the day when i have more time to play. Good luck with your cruise. :)

phatzs
01-14-16, 07:37 PM
Yes it's best to start after midnight. If you don't finish your day 1 within 24 hours, you can carry over to day 2 or 3, but it eats into the time you have for day 2 and after. Remember you have 10 days from start to end. I plan my last day to fall on the day when i have more time to play. Good luck with your cruise. :)

Thank you, and same to you!

SunUpSunDown
01-14-16, 08:16 PM
Piri Piri Chicken on commercial range

Flatbread Chutney on diner oven

Safari Salad on salad bar

yummy_bistro
01-14-16, 08:29 PM
wish they can stay permanently :(

lost my momentum to do them as I know they be gone afterwards

AlexKippy
01-14-16, 08:33 PM
Me too, so glad it isn't a sugar and cream gem recipe. :) I lost my old high level restaurant with several gem recipes due to my own fault, so now I'm starting all over again to get to where I was and collect more gem recipes from scratch. Oh well.

Aww geez, that sucks. Well wishing you the best of luck, I know I need all the gems I can get to buy me some shovels for these expansions and garden plots.

AlexKippy
01-14-16, 08:34 PM

Yep, rynetory2 is right. I only started tonight because I wanted everyone on the forums to know what the prize is. Plus I'll be honest I always start on the first day because I like to be one of the first people to get the final prize :D

ghjvcucjb
01-14-16, 08:51 PM

Just my opinion, which I'm sure no one else will agree with, but here it goes. I prefer to start my cruise right away because the first day is always the easiest and I usually get it done within an hour or two then I can jump right into day two immediately instead having to wait a full day for day two to start. I'm not a patient person :-)

yummy_bistro
01-14-16, 09:10 PM
Just my opinion, which I'm sure no one else will agree with, but here it goes. I prefer to start my cruise right away because the first day is always the easiest and I usually get it done within an hour or two then I can jump right into day two immediately instead having to wait a full day for day two to start. I'm not a patient person :-)

one day? I have such a hard time to just get one onion lol, maybe I am on low lv :(

nmishii
01-14-16, 09:11 PM
New recipes for 14 days

ghjvcucjb
01-14-16, 09:14 PM
one day? I have such a hard time to just get one onion lol, maybe I am on low lv :(

The first day is only 75 gems. That's only a few dishes. If you already had some stacked on your counter, your first day could be finished in mere minutes. If you get harder recipes you can always refresh and get new one in 30 minutes. Even if you did this a couple of times you could still finish the first day in a few hours. As the cruise progresses, especially from day eight one, that no longer is possible.

kestrel68
01-14-16, 09:25 PM
Just to be clear, If i start the cruise 30 minutes before midnight CA time the first day, I only have 30 minutes to complete that day?

phatzs
01-14-16, 09:43 PM

I did this the last cruise cause it was my first one and I couldn't wait to start. I'm actually itching to start now lol, but I want to try it this way for this one and see if I like putting off the start.

lnztrekfan
01-14-16, 09:46 PM
I feel like I just finished a cruise! That marshmallow event kept me on non-stop every 2 hrs and even interrupted my sleep so I could get enough marshmallows from my yeti! But this cruise decor is soooo cute!!! I think I will be using a lot of my gems that I've saved up on them! Hope I have enough��
Thank you AlexKippy for posting what the prizes will be each day! I won't start my cruise for a couple days until I've cleared what is on my counters and fully stocked up for the cruise but I love to know what the rewards are!

ghjvcucjb
01-14-16, 09:53 PM
Just to be clear, If i start the cruise 30 minutes before midnight CA time the first day, I only have 30 minutes to complete that day?

No. You have 10 days to complete it, whether you only do 1 day or all 10 days, you have the entire 10 days once you start. However, at midnight CA time a new day opens. So say you start the cruise at 11:30 pm (CA time) you will have 10 days to complete that day, but 30 minutes later at midnight your second day will open and be available to you. Then when you finish your first day you won't be locked out for any of the new days deliveries because it will already be opened. Another example: say you start your first day at midnight, then finish 4 hours later, the event locks and you will have to wait another 20 hours, midnight the next day to unlock day 2.

ETA A: I would suggest not falling behind or taking more than one day to finish that day's requirements. Each day progressively gets harder and longer and if you already fall behind it will become more difficult even impossible to finish without a ton of quick services and/or gems. So try to finish each day on the day it opens

ghjvcucjb
01-14-16, 09:58 PM
Just a reminder for those who are new to the cruises. If you use gems to open your next day early, once you finish that extra day you will be locked out the entire time until your event catches up to your original days. Unless you use more and more gems to keep opening up days early. Be careful of doing this.

kestrel68
01-14-16, 10:15 PM
No. You have 10 days to complete it, whether you only do 1 day or all 10 days, you have the entire 10 days once you start. However, at midnight CA time a new day opens. So say you start the cruise at 11:30 pm (CA time) you will have 10 days to complete that day, but 30 minutes later at midnight your second day will open and be available to you. Then when you finish your first day you won't be locked out for any of the new days deliveries because it will already be opened. Another example: say you start your first day at midnight, then finish 4 hours later, the event locks and you will have to wait another 20 hours, midnight the next day to unlock day 2.

ETA A: I would suggest not falling behind or taking more than one day to finish that day's requirements. Each day progressively gets harder and longer and if you already fall behind it will become more difficult even impossible to finish without a ton of quick services and/or gems. So try to finish each day on the day it opens

Thank you for clearly explaining that to me! Most appreciated

kestrel68
01-14-16, 10:22 PM
I think it depends on how much you have progressed in the game and what your future schedule looks like. I know I stressed over the last cruise because I started right away and had family coming to visit over the holidays. I still finished, but I wished I had waited to start. I literally was taking my ipad into the bathroom with me so I could check my dishes. So wrong! Please tell me I am not the only one sneaking some game time!

nmishii
01-14-16, 10:24 PM

No, you have a long as it takes. The next day won't unlock until you complete the day. The end of the event won't change. The only day you really have to complete before the start of the next day is the last day.

ghjvcucjb
01-14-16, 10:41 PM
No, you have a long as it takes. The next day won't unlock until you complete the day. The end of the event won't change. The only day you really have to complete before the start of the next day is the last day.

Just want to make a slight correction. The next day opens at midnight (CA time) each and every day whether or not you finished the previous day.

ghjvcucjb
01-14-16, 10:42 PM
Thank you for clearly explaining that to me! Most appreciated

You are very welcome. Good luck and have fun!

AnniePMH
01-14-16, 11:33 PM
I got the Campfire Fish worth 3 cruise coins, the Sausage S****et worth 3 cruise coins and the S****et Bisquits worth 2 cruise coins on my first day. I'm at lev 47 atm:)

kestrel68
01-14-16, 11:59 PM
I got the Campfire Fish worth 3 cruise coins, the Sausage S****et worth 3 cruise coins and the S****et Bisquits worth 2 cruise coins on my first day. I'm at lev 47 atm:)

First time I have seen them ask for "special" appliances to make dishes. I hope you had all the recipes :) Not the best info for those who did not finish the event!

AnniePMH
01-15-16, 12:04 AM
First time I have seen them ask for "special" appliances to make dishes. I hope you had all the recipes :) Not the best info for those who did not finish the event!

Yes, thank you:), I had them. I thought it seemed a bit unusual, not good if it's going to cause trouble for players...

phatzs
01-15-16, 12:13 AM
You can always refresh an order if you can't do it.

Chaotarch
01-15-16, 12:18 AM

Winter Crumble 3 coins

yummy_bistro
01-15-16, 12:42 AM
The first day is only 75 gems. That's only a few dishes. If you already had some stacked on your counter, your first day could be finished in mere minutes. If you get harder recipes you can always refresh and get new one in 30 minutes. Even if you did this a couple of times you could still finish the first day in a few hours. As the cruise progresses, especially from day eight one, that no longer is possible.

this is my second time for the cruise:) I am now waiting for bacon and cream to refresh and the progress bar says half way. To finish is 38gems, I only have 12 lol
see how I go, thx for your advice

Bigpap999
01-15-16, 12:56 AM
Can someone tell me what it is now in Canada? (Ca is Canada right?) I want to plan when to start.

Welp just did some googling apparently it's California. 3 minutes remain until 12 am

debrasbistro
01-15-16, 12:57 AM
this is my second time for the cruise:) I am now waiting for bacon and cream to refresh and the progress bar says half way. To finish is 38gems, I only have 12 lol

You should be okay since it will just roll over. Best of luck!

debrasbistro
01-15-16, 12:58 AM
Can someone tell me what it is now in Canada? (Ca is Canada right?) I want to plan when to start.

CA is California, I believe. 2:57 am now Eastern time, 11:57 pm in California.

Bigpap999
01-15-16, 12:59 AM
CA is California, I believe. 2:57 am now Eastern time, 11:57 pm in California.

Yes! I can almost begin

wazka1
01-15-16, 01:17 AM
I think it depends on how much you have progressed in the game and what your future schedule looks like. I know I stressed over the last cruise because I started right away and had family coming to visit over the holidays. I still finished, but I wished I had waited to start. I literally was taking my ipad into the bathroom with me so I could check my dishes. So wrong! Please tell me I am not the only one sneaking some game time!

I do this too!! Especially when there is a cruise event on ;)

ghjvcucjb
01-15-16, 01:28 AM

You'll be ok! I just finished my first day 10:25 Hawaiian time and it immediately opened up my second day. It's only the the second day and I already forgot what time the new day resets! Lol. That doesn't bode well for me for the rest of the event. I was hoping for a couple of hours break. Now I'm waiting for lobster salad and some fish dish on the grill and a refresh so I can go to bed.

ghjvcucjb
01-15-16, 01:31 AM

Day 2 for me and at least 75 % of my orders have been on the new grill. Not happy since 1. I only have 1 grill and 2. Since the cruise doesn't usually make requests from specialty appliances, I didn't pre stack. Didn't want to fill up all my counters.

This is going to be a long one

Rynetory2
01-15-16, 02:04 AM

The game play is different for low level vs high level. The cruise does get easier as you progress further with the game and collect more upgrade tools. At higher level and/or more upgrade tools you can:

1. expand pantry - you can store more items ahead of cruise without having to think twice or thrice what to throw out. You can even store 10 of each long hours items or even extra items like spices and herbs.

2. upgrade shops - you can easily collect more ingredients within the same amount of time needed. (e.g. collect 2 onions vs 5 onions every 7 or 8 hours)

3. more variety of dishes - you will get more recipes available as you level up, so you will not be constrained by those few 1 or 2 coins dishes at lower level. The cruise frequently asks for 10 onions or peppers cos there arent many 4 coins dishes available at lower level. Even if you sent them, you may find the new request immediately asking for another 10! You will find that you can finish your day of 75 gems faster at higher level whereas at lower level you tend to get more 1 or 2 coins dishes or those impossible 4 coins asking for 10 onions which slows your progress or you keep refreshing.

4. open street market slots - you can open more slots to get a higher chance of buying the items you need for your cruise.

So dont give up. Try to collect more upgrade tools to expand your pantry and shops. Good luck with your cruise. :)

ma1921
01-15-16, 02:08 AM
Day 2 for me and at least 75 % of my orders have been on the new grill. Not happy since 1. I only have 1 grill and 2. Since the cruise doesn't usually make requests from specialty appliances, I didn't pre stack. Didn't want to fill up all my counters.

This is going to be a long one

Oh no......more 3 coins dishes choice, more difficult to decide which pre-cook. Wish I have more counters....ummm :-(

yummy_bistro
01-15-16, 02:28 AM
If the request is for ingredient will I be able to get them back? Or just gone forever

As the dishes will return to my counter , trying to plan.

thx

Rynetory2
01-15-16, 02:45 AM
If the request is for ingredient will I be able to get them back? Or just gone forever

thx

If your cruise asks for say 10 onions and you have 5 in your pantry, they will be gone from your pantry once you click deliver. If your veg shop has more available for buying, you can buy and deliver again. This way you can free your pantry. Before you deliver, it's best that you decide if you want to refresh this order due to the restocking time. Sometimes it's faster to refresh instead of waiting for the restocking especially if your shop isnt upgraded much. Hope this helps.

hungdepchai
01-15-16, 05:12 AM

thx

the dishes or the ingredient are gone 4ever, u might thinkk that the dish came back to ur counter but its not, because u cook more than the quest require so it leaves the leftover amount back to u

phatzs
01-15-16, 05:21 AM

Ok I started today and my prizes are different. Is it different by your level?

gracelinda
01-15-16, 05:40 AM
I just realized why we got the campfire stove. The game has asked mostly for dishes made in the campfire stove making the catering event more difficult. In the past, I had it easier because I have 2 of everything else to cook. Just now 2 of the three items on the board to cook requires cooking in the campfire stove. Very disappointed.

cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb
01-15-16, 05:40 AM
Thank you. But I don't hash trouble with the cruises. I always finish early, never use gems to skip or complete a day and have completed them all except the Alaskan one.

But ask and one shall receive! So happy, a new recipe that does NOT require our precious sugar, cream or flour stock. Looks yummy, can't wait to cook it.

Good luck, everyone! And don't hestitate to remove some chairs, to help your food sell slower. If you know which dishes pop up more.

I've already gotten annoyed, because the winter crumble popped up and I've never had a recipe from an event come up for a cruise. Ever! And it just had to be the only one I didn't learn. That sucks!

I usually get through cruises well as well. I won't start it just yet just taking a few days to cook & stock up first.

That's definitely a first for me as well that a cruise asks for event items so that will be interesting for sure. Luckily I do have all those dishes unlocked from the campfire stove. I used quite a bit of gems buying the needed marshmallows because I couldn't get enough from the drops. Luckily I have a few gem recipes unlocked so used those gems I slowly saved up for such emergencies. A tad disappointing it's asking for those dishes from such a difficult event though.

Yes I'm thrilled the new recipe from this cruise finally doesn't need sugar or cream!! I tend to fall way behind on churning out the gem recipes when other events are on that have very high sugar demands.

Oh no......more 3 coins dishes choice, more difficult to decide which pre-cook. Wish I have more counters....ummm :-(
Yikes! Yes decisions decisions..
I think I will prioritize pre cooking the one I only have 1 appliance of and the items that have long restocking times. That saves the most time.

gracelinda
01-15-16, 05:43 AM
They are gone forever if you click them to deliver. If you change your mind to refresh the item, in the past for me they were gone the game did not restock the pantry.

gracelinda
01-15-16, 06:54 AM
Refreshed the second dish requiring the campfire stove, waited 30 minutes and the new item requires the campfire stove. Looks like I will be doing a lot of refreshing this time around....

kellbell710
01-15-16, 07:38 AM

Same here but I'm only level 28. :(

Rynetory2
01-15-16, 07:44 AM
Ok I started today and my prizes are different. Is it different by your level?

The prizes may vary according to level. Just out of curiosity, which of your prizes differ and what are yours?

phatzs
01-15-16, 07:49 AM
The prizes may vary according to level. Just out of curiosity, which of your prizes differ and what are yours?

This is what I got:

MaddieMay33
01-15-16, 07:49 AM
I have a question about the cruise. Could I "give" 9 onions but then not finish the delivery today? Then I could free up pantry space and finish the first day using my other two slots. Tomorrow I would only have to give one more onion and I would have a 4-star delivery immediately. Will this work? I surely don't want to lose my 9 onions haha.

Rynetory2
01-15-16, 07:53 AM
I have a question about the cruise. Could I "give" 9 onions but then not finish the delivery today? Then I could free up pantry space and finish the first day using my other two slots. Tomorrow I would only have to give one more onion and I would have a 4-star delivery immediately. Will this work? I surely don't want to lose my 9 onions haha.

Yes you certainly can. In fact I do this to free my pantry. :) As long as you dont submit your last dish for the day, you can keep adding items. ;-)

If your cruise asks for say 10 onions and you have 5 in your pantry, they will be gone from your pantry once you click deliver. If your veg shop has more available for buying, you can buy and deliver again. This way you can free your pantry. Before you deliver, it's best that you decide if you want to refresh this order due to the restocking time. Sometimes it's faster to refresh instead of waiting for the restocking especially if your shop isnt upgraded much. Hope this helps.

Rynetory2
01-15-16, 07:56 AM
This is what I got:

Thank you for sharing. :) I remembered we had more coins prizes at lower levels and that helped with purchases of appliances and learning recipes etc.

MaddieMay33
01-15-16, 08:14 AM
Thank you!

Rynetory2
01-15-16, 08:16 AM
Thank you!

You are most welcome! Have fun and good luck with your cruise. :)

Aerial123456
01-15-16, 09:32 AM
Yes you certainly can. In fact I do this to free my pantry. :) As long as you dont submit your last dish for the day, you can keep adding items. ;-)

You actually can GIVE the entire 10 of the item. Until you hit DELIVER they're not in your pantry, but have not been sent to the cruise ship. I do this all the time to get a head start on the next day.

Rynetory2
01-15-16, 09:38 AM
You actually can GIVE the entire 10 of the item. Until you hit DELIVER they're not in your pantry, but have not been sent to the cruise ship. I do this all the time to get a head start on the next day.

Ummm that was what I said and meant. We can continue buying and giving as long as we don't deliver the last order and close the day out. Once we gave 10, then submit the last order to close the day. Sorry I don't get you. :confused:

Rynetory2
01-15-16, 10:16 AM
I'm wondering if players who did not attempt the campfire goals had gotten campfire stove recipes orders for this cruise.. anyone?

phatzs
01-15-16, 10:21 AM
I'm wondering if players who did not attempt the campfire goals had gotten campfire stove recipes orders for this cruise.. anyone?

Can't answer your question, but I am definitely getting a lot of campfire orders. Now I know some of the things to stack my counters with, that is when some of them are free lol

jenni4439
01-15-16, 10:48 AM
Curious, which dishes are you stacking on your counters? I am at Level 42. I just found this thread and I've learned many useful tools that will help to succeed in cruises. Thank you guys for sharing!

catfoodie
01-15-16, 11:01 AM
Curious, which dishes are you stacking on your counters? I am at Level 42. I just found this thread and I've learned many useful tools that will help to succeed in cruises. Thank you guys for sharing!
I usually stack food that have the longest prep time. I'm not sure which recipes are unlocked at your level, but go for those that have 3 hours or more!

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83324-Orders-for-Cruise-Catering-Event*-(-o-)-*
This are recipes with coins, since you only level 42 some of the recipes will give you more coins, so it might be not as accurate for you, but might give you some idea of what you can cook :>

yklub
01-15-16, 11:06 AM
Hola all! Can anyone tell me if erin has visited already? Or will she visit after the ten day event is complete?

phatzs
01-15-16, 11:20 AM
Hola all! Can anyone tell me if erin has visited already? Or will she visit after the ten day event is complete?

I think she only comes when you complete the goal

yklub
01-15-16, 11:21 AM
Thanks!

ghjvcucjb
01-15-16, 11:25 AM

Once you have successfully completed the entire event, the character will show up in your restaurant. You will have a limited time, usually 12 days or something like that, to tap on her and get your first special ingredient to make the gem recipe. The recipe will be opened to you when you successfully complete the entire cruise. Once you tap on the character and make the recipe for the first time, they both become a permanent part of your restaurant

phatzs
01-15-16, 11:25 AM
Thanks!

Sure, no prob!

ghjvcucjb
01-15-16, 11:32 AM

I pre stack most of the long cook or long ingredient wait time. However this is the first event that, for me, has been mostly requesting items from the new special event recipes, which I dint pre-make a now it's very slow going for me. Once my day is finished and locked, I plan on stacking those recipes.

Just a suggestion. If you do stack, I would recommend putting away 1 or 2 counters for insurance sake. Sometimes you end up with too much food and full counters and can not clear your appliances to cook for the cruise and will have to discard your food. Having a couple of counters in storage has saved me in the past.

ellyse99
01-15-16, 11:43 AM
Well, I no longer have a problem with not having enough counter space. A few hours after my own character started the cruise, the system decides to help me out by emptying all my counters - I don't think I even got the money for the servings :mad: and no, my chairs were all out as normal.
This will be the first cruise EVER that I'll need to remove chairs!

yklub
01-15-16, 11:51 AM
Thanks!
Once you have successfully completed the entire event, the character will show up in your restaurant. You will have a limited time, usually 12 days or something like that, to tap on her and get your first special ingredient to make the gem recipe. The recipe will be opened to you when you successfully complete the entire cruise. Once you tap on the character and make the recipe for the first time, they both become a permanent part of your restaurant

LonePudding
01-15-16, 12:07 PM

Hey :) I'm level 44.

I stack: Tuna casserole, lobster thermidor, baked potato, fajitas, lobster bisque., ginger tea (unlocks at your level). (There's more, can't think right now. I'll edit with more later.)

I also try to stock up on these ingredients: green peppers, onions, peas, broccoli, rice, mayo, lobster, salmon.

CLOVERKAITO
01-15-16, 01:22 PM
I wish it'd stop asking for dishes that I didn't unlock. Had to keep refreshing...

Rainstorms45
01-15-16, 02:16 PM
Im level 34 i think..... i keep 7 of onions, potatoes, and peas, because i have all stores at 3 and i Stack tuna casserole, beef sandwiches, lox begal and tuna sandwiches since those are the ones that yhey usually ask me for.

phatzs
01-15-16, 02:35 PM
I pre stack most of the long cook or long ingredient wait time. However this is the first event that, for me, has been mostly requesting items from the new special event recipes, which I dint pre-make a now it's very slow going for me. Once my day is finished and locked, I plan on stacking those recipes.

Just a suggestion. If you do stack, I would recommend putting away 1 or 2 counters for insurance sake. Sometimes you end up with too much food and full counters and can not clear your appliances to cook for the cruise and will have to discard your food. Having a couple of counters in storage has saved me in the past.

This is a good idea. On the last cruise however, I had all my counters full but I was still able to serve my food to the ship. The only thing about that was, any leftovers went to waste. Idk maybe that is what you just said lol.

kellbell710
01-15-16, 02:57 PM

Cool! Thank you! I was wondering how this worked also :)

Ryan1929
01-15-16, 03:48 PM
This game is so fickle, I have all the campfire recipes unlocked and haven't had one order yet! Mostly lobster recipes so far which is a pain because I didn't have that many stacked ��

Rainstorms45
01-15-16, 04:32 PM
This game is so fickle, I have all the campfire recipes unlocked and haven't had one order yet! Mostly lobster recipes so far which is a pain because I didn't have that many stacked ��

I had one for smores lol didnt think they would add them to event but it was there.... finished day 2 gotta wait around 8 n 1/2 hours for next day......

Carbuck
01-15-16, 05:49 PM

Yes. I didn't go for the camp stove but I am getting orders from that stove. I have to refresh.

Thanks for checking on this aspect.

Rynetory2
01-15-16, 06:26 PM
Yes. I didn't go for the camp stove but I am getting orders from that stove. I have to refresh.

Thanks for checking on this aspect.

Thanks for replying. So it seems to apply to all players.

Carbuck
01-15-16, 09:56 PM
When you deliver your last dish that has coins that would exceed the total needed for the day what happens to the excess coins?

Nevermind. I found the answer in the link on the first page. Thanks to all who have put together a great guide for these events.

Good luck everyone!

janddolphins
01-15-16, 10:00 PM
So glad to have another chance at a cruise event, especially with my knowledge now. Sadly bad timing as I'm quite sick, but I'll give it a fighting chance!

One darn marshmellow from learning second to last recipe last event. Maybe it was meant to be not to waste gems on the others as I had them and was ready so more gems in my pocket for something better! :)

I really hope this event goes smoother for me. I play these games to take a break from being sick and I hope to get that break and some enjoyment this week :)

tmwr
01-15-16, 11:29 PM

I'm level 55 and I'm stocking this cruise with:
All dishes from fryer (6), lobster Thermidor, lobster bisque, lobster sandwich, salmon sushi, mandarin salad, ginger tea, strawberry smoothie, tuna casserole, French dip, stew, prime rib, winter crumble, campfire fish & campfire chicken. So, I go with meals that I have 1 appliance for, take a long time to cook, have ingredients in them that take a long time to restock, and ones they have asked for a lot in the past.

My pantry is at 120 and all my markets are at a 5 refresh, so I try to keep at least 10 items ready for almost all items. I try to keep more of onions, potatoes, peppers, mayo and salmon because as soon as you get a request for lets say baked salmon, sure enough right afterwards you will get a request for 10 salmon and probably lox bagel too. At least that seems to be how my cruises go.

ellyse99
01-16-16, 01:15 AM
I've chosen to stock salmon rather than stack salmon dishes. 10 salmon is worth 4 coins. Salmon Sushi, Baked Salmon and California Roll are only 3 coins each, and they don't take that long to make.
For beef, I'd rather stack its dishes as French Dip, Stew and Prime Rib are worth 4 coins each, but 10 beef is only worth 3 coins.
So...stack dishes that take a long time to cook, but stack ingredients that take long to stock but don't necessarily take a long time to cook. Am I making sense?
I'm level 59, pantry is at 200, and all stores are at 6.

C2hWF
01-16-16, 01:57 AM
Campfire Stove's orders for Level 49 and up
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27815 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27815)

CLOVERKAITO
01-16-16, 02:20 AM
I have a question regarding counter food and I'm not sure if it has been answered before...

Let's say I wanted to keep certain food "behind the counter" and not sell them because they are harder / takes longer to cook, and I want to keep them "hidden" for the cruise only. Is there a way to do it? I tried putting dividers to separate those counters from the rest of the restaurant area but that doesn't seem to be working...

I can't just turn the chairs around because I ran out of counter space so I want to sell of the easy-to-cook food for more space. Also, since I'm a low level player I don't have enough money reserve to just keep buying ingredients so I need to sell some at the same time...

Thank you for answering in advance :)

dashandrun
01-16-16, 03:00 AM
Where do marshmallows come from? I can't find them.

catfoodie
01-16-16, 03:17 AM
Where do marshmallows come from? I can't find them.
You can't get them now unless you buy them with gems. You were able to get them during the event that ended few days ago.

catfoodie
01-16-16, 03:19 AM
I have a question regarding counter food and I'm not sure if it has been answered before...

Let's say I wanted to keep certain food "behind the counter" and not sell them because they are harder / takes longer to cook, and I want to keep them "hidden" for the cruise only. Is there a way to do it? I tried putting dividers to separate those counters from the rest of the restaurant area but that doesn't seem to be working...

I can't just turn the chairs around because I ran out of counter space so I want to sell of the easy-to-cook food for more space.
No, There is no way to do this. The only way is turn chairs around so food being sold really slow. Even if you put counter far away so waiter can't access it, the food will still be selling :<

xheatherxx3
01-16-16, 04:42 AM
I think it's really unfair how I keep getting orders for things off the campfire stove.. like I only have 6 roasted marshmallows left, and I don't have gems to buy more to make any of the recipes... so frustrating.

xxangelmariexxx
01-16-16, 07:17 AM
This will be the first event that I will not do...the last few events I was unable to complete and its taking a toll on real life. They make it so hard so you have to dedicate your life to this game. I play other games and this is the only one where they make it super hard....the last cruise event i spent over 300 gems and still didnt complete it. And the campfire event I also spent gems and couldnt unlock the the final prize and the last 2 recipes. So over this game. It's no longer fun.

Rynetory2
01-16-16, 07:28 AM

I can't just turn the chairs around because I ran out of counter space so I want to sell of the easy-to-cook food for more space. Also, since I'm a low level player I don't have enough money reserve to just keep buying ingredients so I need to sell some at the same time...

I am sorry but keeping food off/behind the counter is not part of the game design. So there's no way to do this. Sorry about that.

Rynetory2
01-16-16, 07:34 AM
This will be the first event that I will not do...the last few events I was unable to complete and its taking a toll on real life. They make it so hard so you have to dedicate your life to this game. I play other games and this is the only one where they make it super hard....the last cruise event i spent over 300 gems and still didnt complete it. And the campfire event I also spent gems and couldnt unlock the the final prize and the last 2 recipes. So over this game. It's no longer fun.

I am sorry you didnt manage to complete despite spending those gems. :( Maybe you can try to expand your pantry and your shops in the mean time to make your future cruises easier? These cruises are challenging but having a bigger pantry and fully expanded shops do help. Dont give up. I'm sure you will complete one soon.

harleydonovan
01-16-16, 07:38 AM
Does anyone know if there will be challenges involving the time limited dishes they gave us along with the cruise? I'm wondering if I should start mastering them all.

Rynetory2
01-16-16, 07:47 AM
Does anyone know if there will be challenges involving the time limited dishes they gave us along with the cruise? I'm wondering if I should start mastering them all.

Good point! I havent had any so far. Hopefully not.

Chaotarch
01-16-16, 08:54 AM
Good point! I havent had any so far. Hopefully not.

3 dishes timed with 14 days:

- Safari Salad in the Salad Bar
- Piri Piri Chicken on Commercial Range
- Fladbread with Chutney on Diner Oven

can post pics, but they would be in german...:confused:
and i am not sure, but i guess, i have read somewhere about "piri-piri" and "chutney"... an other cruise or event in the past?

ma1921
01-16-16, 09:31 AM
3 dishes timed with 14 days:

can post pics, but they would be in german...:confused:
and i am not sure, but i guess, i have read somewhere about "piri-piri" and "chutney"... an other cruise or event in the past?

I have learnt them all. Even we are asked to cook in this cruise, but I think they just worth 2 coins maximum. So, no big deal for me at least.

KadeeDid
01-16-16, 10:26 AM
I started with the first cruise and have not managed to complete any. This time, I do not expect I will either as we are moving my mom into a retirement suite and I have POA, am doing legwork, getting furniture moved etc. Will be tied up all 21, 23, 24 and 25. I have no food stocked as I have been busy calling, meetings with lodge, getting forms completed etc.

I will read the pointers which I discovered last tie were helpful but I really will have no time.

tmwr
01-16-16, 11:08 AM
I've chosen to stock salmon rather than stack salmon dishes. 10 salmon is worth 4 coins. Salmon Sushi, Baked Salmon and California Roll are only 3 coins each, and they don't take that long to make.
For beef, I'd rather stack its dishes as French Dip, Stew and Prime Rib are worth 4 coins each, but 10 beef is only worth 3 coins.
So...stack dishes that take a long time to cook, but stack ingredients that take long to stock but don't necessarily take a long time to cook. Am I making sense?
I'm level 59, pantry is at 200, and all stores are at 6.

See that's what is so weird about these cruises. It's like they are sooo different for everyone. I have the California roll recipe too, but I have NEVER had a request for it. I just assumed since it was a recipe earned from one of the challenges that that's why I've never seen it asked for.

I don't have a ton of pantry space so that's why I at least make salmon sushi. It's one less salmon meal and it uses ginger and the rice. The only other time I've needed rice is for veggie sushi and when they ask for 10 rice and I don't get asked for the rice very often. So I just don't stock as much of it. Like I said, I think these cruises are very different for everyone. I've never been asked for ossco bucco or however you spell that either and I'm not sure why not.

phatzs
01-16-16, 12:28 PM
Ahhh I could scream lol. Ok so stupid me was collecting ingredients for an order( had two orders with ingredients). Well one order was for beef and one was for lettuce. Well I got the thing of lettuce and I wanted to hold on to the beef for tomorrow, but I also wanted to clear my pantry alittle bit so I hit add and then delivered the lettuce thinking I would bet another one or two coin dish. NOPE! I got collect 10 onions. There is noway I'm gonna do that. So I have a decision to make. Spend 5 gems to finish for the day, or refresh my beef one and loose all the meat I turned in.

patayita
01-16-16, 12:28 PM
12,5 hours until day 3 begins for me, have Tuna Casserole, Stew and Peas ready, so tomorrow will be done quickly. Hope the rest of the cruise will continue this way :)

patayita
01-16-16, 12:30 PM
Ahhh I could scream lol. Ok so stupid me was collecting ingredients for an order( had two orders with ingredients). Well one order was for beef and one was for lettuce. Well I got the thing of lettuce and I wanted to hold on to the beef for tomorrow, but I also wanted to clear my pantry alittle bit so I hit add and then delivered the lettuce thinking I would bet another one or two coin dish. NOPE! I got collect 10 onions. There is noway I'm gonna do that. So I have a decision to make. Spend 5 gems to finish for the day, or refresh my beef one and loose all the meat I turned in.

I would obviously spend 5 gems.

tmwr
01-16-16, 12:45 PM

This kind of stuff has happened to me too. I would just get rid of the beef since you can restock it pretty fast. Unless you really need the money. I've got a ton of cash, so making money or losing money doesn't matter anymore. I just play the cruise to get new appliances, decorations or new recipes. I hoard my gems and refuse to use then for anything but buying construction parts to upgrade my markets and pantry. But everyone plays the game different.

BanffBaby
01-16-16, 01:14 PM
When an "order" appears it may tell you to upload what is in storage. ie 3carrots & then you collect the 7 required.BUT sometimes a dish to be prepared is shown & An image of counters appears to be uploaded. I do that & get a monetary credit. Exactly where/what are these pcs of furniture. Have I earned them????? Thank you

ellyse99
01-16-16, 01:23 PM
When an "order" appears it may tell you to upload what is in storage. ie 3carrots & then you collect the 7 required.BUT sometimes a dish to be prepared is shown & An image of counters appears to be uploaded. I do that & get a monetary credit. Exactly where/what are these pcs of furniture. Have I earned them????? Thank you

It just means that you already have the dish on your counters and so you give them to to cruise instead of having to cook them anew.

ellyse99
01-16-16, 01:24 PM
See that's what is so weird about these cruises. It's like they are sooo different for everyone. I have the California roll recipe too, but I have NEVER had a request for it. I just assumed since it was a recipe earned from one of the challenges that that's why I've never seen it asked for.

I don't have a ton of pantry space so that's why I at least make salmon sushi. It's one less salmon meal and it uses ginger and the rice. The only other time I've needed rice is for veggie sushi and when they ask for 10 rice and I don't get asked for the rice very often. So I just don't stock as much of it. Like I said, I think these cruises are very different for everyone. I've never been asked for ossco bucco or however you spell that either and I'm not sure why not.

You don't get asked for tuna roll or mushroom risotto? Or do you just refresh those?

ellyse99
01-16-16, 01:27 PM

Keep them when ready on the appliance, don't serve it to the counters, and then they won't get sold.
Make stuff to sell on the diner stoves. The only things that the cruise asks for which are cooked on the diner stove are only a max of 30 mins and aren't worth very much in terms of cruise coins, so you can keep cooking as usual on it.

phatzs
01-16-16, 01:33 PM
This kind of stuff has happened to me too. I would just get rid of the beef since you can restock it pretty fast. Unless you really need the money. I've got a ton of cash, so making money or losing money doesn't matter anymore. I just play the cruise to get new appliances, decorations or new recipes. I hoard my gems and refuse to use then for anything but buying construction parts to upgrade my markets and pantry. But everyone plays the game different.

I thought about refreshing the beef but then thought what if I got another 3 or 4 coin order? I don't know if I want to keep hitting refresh until I get a one coin dish, doing it and then end with a one or two coin dish for tomorrow. If I didn't buy everything that is required in the other goals I probably would have money lol. I need to stop spending it lol.If I spend the 5 gems, I will finish the day with 2 4 coin orders and a 3 coin order for tomorrow.

tmwr
01-16-16, 01:58 PM
You don't get asked for tuna roll or mushroom risotto? Or do you just refresh those?

I've only ever had mushroom risotto once (I remember because the next cruise I stacked that dish and was never asked for it that cruise and now have never been asked for it since again.). I can't remember getting asked for tuna roll. I guess for all my cruises it seems to be mainly the same stuff over and over again. I get tons of fryer recipes - I get asked for at least one of those recipes every day, most times two times a day or more. I've gotten an onion ring request twice in one day multiple times. So I've learned to stock up on tons of fryer recipes. I am assuming since they are using the campfire stove recipes this cruise that I will have lots of requests for those too. There are always exceptions once in a while, but I've gotten used to seeing the same ones over and over again.

janddolphins
01-16-16, 02:39 PM
Got my first prize about 12 hours in. Health and finally understanding cruises I will take it. :)

chrissydid
01-16-16, 04:12 PM
I love these time limit recipes this time!
- Coconut Fish Curry

I've lived in East Africa for several years and have eaten all these things! My absolute favorite is the 'safari salad' -as called here, we just called it salad. I wish the image of it looked like the real thing, the recipe is slightly different IRL, usually tomato, onion, and cucumber thinly sliced!

And the coconut fish curry is soooo good.

I also love all the rewards for the cruise and other deco. Afraid i'm going to be spending a lot of gems!! I want all the new things.

lnztrekfan
01-16-16, 07:25 PM
Little random here but I was going through my neighbors and trying to see who was active and when I go to their restaurants I can see all the past cruises! I've seen British, Rockstar, Hawaiian, Winter, Wedding, Thanksgiving, Park Ranger, & the latest one. It really makes me wish I could've completed my first cruises! What does the rockstar and Hawaiian girl drop? Wish they would bring these little guys back for an option to buy.

Rainstorms45
01-16-16, 07:33 PM
Ok my game seems a bit off on coin counts, even a difference between my tablet and phone.... so i am on day 3 and need 45 gems left to make, roughly how many dishes/ coins is that?

ellyse99
01-17-16, 12:33 AM
Little random here but I was going through my neighbors and trying to see who was active and when I go to their restaurants I can see all the past cruises! I've seen British, Rockstar, Hawaiian, Winter, Wedding, Thanksgiving, Park Ranger, & the latest one. It really makes me wish I could've completed my first cruises! What does the rockstar and Hawaiian girl drop? Wish they would bring these little guys back for an option to buy.

I don't think the rock cruise gave us a new character, only decor. Luana drops gems, quick serves and coins.

ironpan72
01-17-16, 02:36 AM
Curious has anyone made a list of all the cruises and prizes to date?

Chaotarch
01-17-16, 03:00 AM
Ok my game seems a bit off on coin counts, even a difference between my tablet and phone.... so i am on day 3 and need 45 gems left to make, roughly how many dishes/ coins is that?

see #1 :p
1 coin = 3/4 gems
2 coins = 11/12 gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
4 coins = 45/46 gems

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

1 coin = 6 gems
2 coins = 18 gems
3 coins = 42 gems
4 coins = 72 gems

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

lorettasapron
01-17-16, 04:38 AM
Curious has anyone made a list of all the cruises and prizes to date?

It's your lucky day!

Release date - Theme - Final prize
16th Apr 2015 - Tropical - Luana the Dancer who drops gems/quick serves/coins
11th May 2015 - Rock 'n' roll - Rock 'n' Roll TV decoration (this was only a six day event)
5th Jun 2015 - Egyptian - Gem producing recipe
15th Jul 2015 - Wedding - Gem producing recipe
20th Aug 2015 - Alaskan - Gem producing recipe
24th Sep 2015 - British - Gem producing recipe
22nd Oct 2015 - Halloween - Ghostly Stove (six recipes)
19th Nov 2015 - Thanksgiving - Gem producing recipe
21st Dec 2015 - Christmas - Snowy Oven (five recipes)
14th Jan 2015 - African safari - Gem producing recipe

LonePudding
01-17-16, 05:07 AM

This is the way I determine which neighbours are still active. I find it really handy.

I have participated in all cruises, but only completed the British, the Egyptian and the Alaskan one. I'm hoping this can be my forth.

Does anyone know if we'll get a new cook for completing this cruise? I see many of my neighbours with the pirate guy cooking away and I want one! :( I'm guessing we only get a new cook when the grand prize is a stove. Correct?

Gillyscafe
01-17-16, 05:19 AM
How do you get the ingredients for the campfire stove? I can't make any of the dishes!

patayita
01-17-16, 06:05 AM
Does anyone know if we'll get a new cook for completing this cruise? I see many of my neighbours with the pirate guy cooking away and I want one! :( I'm guessing we only get a new cook when the grand prize is a stove. Correct?

Yes, you are correct. This time you will get a new guest in your restaurant that drops an ingredient for a gem recipe, but it will not cook it :(

patayita
01-17-16, 06:15 AM
Does someone have the master levels for the time-limited recipes? :)

Chaotarch
01-17-16, 06:53 AM
Does someone have the master levels for the time-limited recipes? :)

all 3 with 10 / 20 / 30
easy going:cool:

lnztrekfan
01-17-16, 09:46 AM
Thanks so much ellyse99 and lorettasapron! that also explains why I didn't see a little rocker on stage but the tv! I saw all the past cruises except the Egyptian one! LonePudding I wasn't able to complete the first three cruises from the list here but was able to complete the next one (The wedding one) Thankfully this forum and all the wonderful advice provided helped me start completing them. The list provided by fatbear that has the dishes listed and what they are worth is excellent and a must read!
I'm kind of addicted to this game! With all its cuteness although sometimes I stress a little bit! Lol. Best of luck to everyone doing the cruise!! []

Rynetory2
01-17-16, 09:48 AM

As patayita mentioned, you get a new chef if the grand prize is a stove. The previous cruise gave a new chef and this cruise a gem recipe. Maybe the next cruise gives a new chef if they alternate. Good luck with your cruise. :)

LonePudding
01-17-16, 10:41 AM
Yes, you are correct. This time you will get a new guest in your restaurant that drops an ingredient for a gem recipe, but it will not cook it :(

As patayita mentioned, you get a new chef if the grand prize is a stove. The previous cruise gave a new chef and this cruise a gem recipe. Maybe the next cruise gives a new chef if they alternate. Good luck with your cruise. :)

Thought so :( A gem recipe is still good enough for me though, good luck! :)

yummy_bistro
01-17-16, 08:05 PM
I am not sure if I should cook something to make customers happy as I don't know what dish they require for cruise. Afraid if I cook the dish and the ingredients required for the cruise.

I tried that, I made salmon sushi once and then cruise require salmon was hoping can get it from street mkt but never came up. So I had to refresh the catering orders :/

ma1921
01-17-16, 10:40 PM
My stupid street market with 5 slots also not helpful at all, only sell me those I have enough. I will not upgrade it anymore unless I got far too many tools.

littledarc3
01-18-16, 02:42 AM
Day 4
4 coin dish gave me 60 points, not 46/47 as stated.

see #1 :p
1 coin = 3/4 gems
2 coins = 11/12 gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
4 coins = 45/46 gems

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

1 coin = 6 gems
2 coins = 18 gems
3 coins = 42 gems
4 coins = 72 gems

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Chaotarch
01-18-16, 03:41 AM
My stupid street market with 5 slots also not helpful at all, only sell me those I have enough. I will not upgrade it anymore unless I got far too many tools.

lol, even a streetmarket with 24 slots sells "stupid things you dont need"...:rolleyes::mad:

Rynetory2
01-18-16, 06:58 AM

haha my street market is quite uncooperative most times. But it does surprise me now and then. Oh well better than nothing I guess.

Rynetory2
01-18-16, 06:59 AM
Day 4
4 coin dish gave me 60 points, not 46/47 as stated.

The gem value and day prizes differ according to your level. Players on lower level get more gem values. :)

hungdepchai
01-18-16, 07:14 AM

i think it because you spent your time playing too many game, i only have this game on my phone and i dont have to waste my life playing it, but i can complete the event eventually. the campfire event, i only spent 10 gems to skip the winter cereal ( cause i was lv 41 and it require lv 47 to unlock). and i still have my yeti freaking spaghetii now
Ps: i logged in every 2 hours and play for 10 minutes. so that is not too much

Rainstorms45
01-18-16, 05:43 PM
Uggggghhhhhhhhhhhh i leveled up ...guess now its going to be asking for lobster now......

yummy_bistro
01-18-16, 08:40 PM
The African Safari Ship has docked in town! Help the crew prepare for a thrilling adventure! Complete all the orders in 10 days and Erin the Explorer will bring Coconuts to your Restaurant for an ALL NEW recipe that rewards gems!

Catering Cruise Guides
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide

http://i63.tinypic.com/r70vme.png

1 coin = 3/4 gems
2 coins = 11/12 gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
4 coins = 45/46 gems

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

1 coin = 6 gems
2 coins = 18 gems
3 coins = 42 gems
4 coins = 72 gems

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Time-limited Recipes

http://i64.tinypic.com/20hubsj.png

http://i67.tinypic.com/2w5kdax.png

Master:
Safari Salad: 10, 20, 30
Piri Piri Chicken: 10, 20, 30
Flatbread with Chutney: 10, 20, 30

is the coin not the normal coin from customers?
Trying to understand the logic of the numbers

MeruBunny
01-18-16, 09:05 PM
I really hate these new changes, it's like they purposely try to push us to a corner till we have No choice but to pay for gems, cruise event didn't used to be that hard, it used to be just finishing the cruse in 10 days, now there introducing dishes to master during the event? It used to be 1 or 2 dishes but this time is 3? And they all require you to cook them 60 times each to master all 3? And it doesn't help that we no longer get mastery spice from mastering the dishes, and they even lowered the time when it used to be where people didn't have to worry about these dishes after the cruise is over we still had a good 7 days to finish mastering them.
Look I like this game, I really do, but if this continues its like the game is telling me to go look for another game if I can't handle the pressure, and I don't like to be glued to my phone 24/7 just to finish these back to back events, I know that they need to make money but isn't there a better way? 🙁

Wipeout4321
01-18-16, 11:09 PM
I can't find the topic for the goals so sorry :o Anyway, I've been waiting for three days and Erin still hasn't popped his head in once :( Is there some requirement for him to come in? :confused:

ma1921
01-18-16, 11:56 PM
Hi there, Erin won't show up until you complete this cruise game.

janddolphins
01-19-16, 12:56 AM
I just wanted to throw a big thank you to the forum! This is the first safari I will probably complete. I managed to actually complete the day with get this....a whomping 9 minutes until my next day starts! I know it's not much but it means I'm on track. Having the time right now is helping too, but I have been using the tips like stocking and turning the chairs and it has changed the game a lot! Being a lower level player might be helping me too as I don't have as many crazy things unlocked yet.

Best of luck to everyone else, I know it's been mixed opinions, but I'll be happy if I can finish. Just need my health to cooperate this week lol

catfoodie
01-19-16, 01:52 AM
I really hate these new changes, it's like they purposely try to push us to a corner till we have No choice but to pay for gems, cruise event didn't used to be that hard, it used to be just finishing the cruse in 10 days, now there introducing dishes to master during the event? It used to be 1 or 2 dishes but this time is 3? And they all require you to cook them 60 times each to master all 3? And it doesn't help that we no longer get mastery spice from mastering the dishes, and they even lowered the time when it used to be where people didn't have to worry about these dishes after the cruise is over we still had a good 7 days to finish mastering them.
Look I like this game, I really do, but if this continues its like the game is telling me to go look for another game if I can't handle the pressure, and I don't like to be glued to my phone 24/7 just to finish these back to back events, I know that they need to make money but isn't there a better way? 🙁
Well tbh mastering dishes is not affecting cruise in any way. If you don't master them you still can win the main prize! I agree that cooking them 60 times seems a little too much, but since it doesn't influence anything I guess it's not that bad. And we still get mastery spice when we master dish to level 1 I think. I agree that it would be better to get the them for each level like before, but it's not like you can't get them any other way. I managed to make 20 mastery spices during couple of weeks and I didn't use any coz events didn't really require to imo. And I still have 10+ vanilla laying around...
Oh level 57 I usually can finish first few days with just a few hours, later days require more time but I still don't think I'm glued to my phone and still have real life lol. I would prefer having events back to back because otherwise for me it would be boring, cooking dishes just to level up doesn't seem entertaining:<

shaumilin
01-19-16, 02:14 AM
You can't get them now unless you buy them with gems. You were able to get them during the event that ended few days ago.

I do not have marshmallows, either, and if I had them, I could have already used them up all. It is ridiculous that the game asked for an ingredient that no one can re-produce, unless buying it with gems. It costs 12 gems per marshmallow; it is very expensive. Team Lava, please do not ask for dishes from the camp fire. I do not have the ingredient, I cannot reproduce it, and I will not buy it with gems. To me, it is RIDICULOUS to ask for a dish that can only be made by buying an ingredient with a gem. Way too ridiculous! I am wondering who in Team Lava decide to include the camp fire dishes to the cruise orders? It is very unwise and your players are very disappointed!

janddolphins
01-19-16, 02:57 AM
Does the mastering of the dishes only happen for certain levels or at certain points because I have not been asked to Master a dish yet. I am level 32 if that helps. Thanks!

catfoodie
01-19-16, 03:02 AM
Does the mastering of the dishes only happen for certain levels or at certain points because I have not been asked to Master a dish yet. I am level 32 if that helps. Thanks!
As I said in my previous post you don't need to master recipes at any level! I choose to master them because I like having plaques and extra master stars, but that's just me. I think they just appear as a bonus to cruise events, and people might choose to cook them or ignore them :>

catfoodie
01-19-16, 03:07 AM
I do not have marshmallows, either, and if I had them, I could have already used them up all. It is ridiculous that the game asked for an ingredient that no one can re-produce, unless buying it with gems. It costs 12 gems per marshmallow; it is very expensive. Team Lava, please do not ask for dishes from the camp fire. I do not have the ingredient, I cannot reproduce it, and I will not buy it with gems. To me, it is RIDICULOUS to ask for a dish that can only be made by buying an ingredient with a gem. Way too ridiculous! I am wondering who in Team Lava decide to include the camp fire dishes to the cruise orders? It is very unwise and your players are very disappointed!
I was actually suprised to see recipes from campfire stove being asked in this cruise event. I agree, it's weird that people who didn't unlock recipes still being asked to cook them although there is no way to get marshmallows unless you pay gems. Just seems pretty unfair. Events should always be optional and if you don't want to/can't complete some it shouldn't affect your game, especially jeopardize your chances in other events. It would be fair to ask for recipes that person unlocked, and ignore other recipes imo :/

Rainstorms45
01-19-16, 06:51 AM
Yaaay started todays day off right, only needed 1 more seaweed the would start today day, had other 2 ready to go 3 and 4 coin things (peas and campfire fish recipe) had enough things stacked that niw all i need is 30 gems left to finish today. Hope tomorrow goes as well will spend rest of the day restacking counters and trying to master new recipes

msgeeky
01-19-16, 09:59 AM
I accidentally buying a new catering order with 100 gems (who I get from installing new games from storm8), if I send an email to developer can I get my gems back? or just let it go?

tmwr
01-19-16, 05:54 PM
I have a question... I waited until the game automatically started my cruise. I was trying to make as many dishes as possible and figured I would just let it start on its own. The cruise opened automatically for me at 6:00 in the evening. It only gave me until 3am (9hrs) total to compete the first day. Why does it give you such a short time if you let it start on its own? I know the times are right because I was playing the game all day and then got back on at 6:00 and the cruise window popped up and started, before it was not started. And here, 3am is always the start of my new day. Just confused as to why it didn't automatically start at 3am that morning instead to give me the full 24hrs? Guess I'll need to remember that for the future!

Rynetory2
01-19-16, 07:26 PM
I accidentally buying a new catering order with 100 gems (who I get from installing new games from storm8), if I send an email to developer can I get my gems back? or just let it go?

I am sorry this happened.

For loss of gems, please send an email to support@storm8.com.

Carbuck
01-20-16, 10:23 AM

I got one request for a dish using the campfire stove about maybe 3 times and I am about to finish day 6. I have refreshed each time and managed to easily get dishes that I can cook. Try to stay positive. I agree these campfire recipes shouldn't be coming up but they haven't been a major obstacle for me since refreshing gives me something worth 3 or 4 coins.

Hope things change around for the better for you.

Good luck!

simbalot
01-20-16, 01:34 PM
I have an offer to buy a second Celebration Stove for 125 gems (I think it said that's 50% off). I'm currently at level 47 and do not use the one I have all the time. The only recipes I have available so far are Celebration Cupcakes, Mini Pumpkin Pies, Raisin Bread, and Mina's Cupcakes. I'm trying to finish the current cruise for Coconut Fish Curry. I'm wondering if there's some reason in the future I'll wish I had 2 Celebration Stove? Thanks!

ma1921
01-20-16, 10:42 PM
I wont if I were u. I rather save these 125 gems for somethingelse. Cos u dun have Bake Alaska & Beef Wellington which give u 1 gem/cook. And, so far I never been asked to cook any dish for the cruise. But,some other players may think it worth.;-)

dalexxx
01-21-16, 12:56 AM
I have an offer to buy a second Celebration Stove for 125 gems (I think it said that's 50% off). I'm currently at level 47 and do not use the one I have all the time. The only recipes I have available so far are Celebration Cupcakes, Mini Pumpkin Pies, Raisin Bread, and Mina's Cupcakes. I'm trying to finish the current cruise for Coconut Fish Curry. I'm wondering if there's some reason in the future I'll wish I had 2 Celebration Stove? Thanks!

IMO you should grab the opportunity as this comes rarely (in the sense that it takes months to have such sales and to avoid loss on the accidental purchases with gems). You may not be able to utilize it superbly until higher levels. Most of the gem recipes takes time to cook 5-6hours. I do cook gems even though I have already mastered it.

good luck on your decision =)

lordetta
01-21-16, 02:22 AM
It's your lucky day!

Release date - Theme - Final prize
16th Apr 2015 - Tropical - Luana the Dancer who drops gems/quick serves/coins
11th May 2015 - Rock 'n' roll - Rock 'n' Roll TV decoration (this was only a six day event)
5th Jun 2015 - Egyptian - Gem producing recipe
15th Jul 2015 - Wedding - Gem producing recipe
20th Aug 2015 - Alaskan - Gem producing recipe
24th Sep 2015 - British - Gem producing recipe
22nd Oct 2015 - Halloween - Ghostly Stove (six recipes)
19th Nov 2015 - Thanksgiving - Gem producing recipe
21st Dec 2015 - Christmas - Snowy Oven (five recipes)
14th Jan 2015 - African safari - Gem producing recipe Tbh i am really happy to have the wedding cake unlocked, bc it gives you sometimes even 15 gems. It's my favorite recipe, pumpkin pies or beef wellington give you like mostly 1 gem for example.

ma1921
01-21-16, 05:57 AM
Tbh i am really happy to have the wedding cake unlocked, bc it gives you sometimes even 15 gems. It's my favorite recipe, pumpkin pies or beef wellington give you like mostly 1 gem for example.

WOW:-o 15 gems!!! Wish I started playing RS2 earlier. Wedding cruise is my very first cruise game. I couldn't make to the end cos I had no idea how to play by that time. SAD...:'(

melis007
01-21-16, 07:44 AM
Is the prize from yesterday (the elephant) suppose to be animated ...because I have been looking at him and he doesn't seem to be doing much????????

patayita
01-21-16, 08:17 AM
Is the prize from yesterday (the elephant) suppose to be animated ...because I have been looking at him and he doesn't seem to be doing much????????

The elephant it self is not doing anything, but the water coming from his trunk is animated :)

iskaychology101
01-21-16, 09:38 AM

I don't have the marshmallows too!!! :mad::mad::mad: someone fix that please

melis007
01-21-16, 09:54 AM
The elephant it self is not doing anything, but the water coming from his trunk is animated :)

Well it must be everyone else's elephant but mine:( lol

melis007
01-21-16, 09:56 AM

Okay.....I'm sorry....if I zoom in REAL close I can see it!!!!

rasike
01-21-16, 10:23 AM
Does anyone know how many ships it is necessary to collect for each day? For day 6 and 7 I needed 27 ships, and for the day 8 the number seems to be bigger.

ghjvcucjb
01-21-16, 02:09 PM

Mine isn't doing anything either

team! Oops, if you zoom in as tight as possible and stare at it carefully, the water does move!

chrissydid
01-21-16, 03:07 PM
I haven't gotten there yet, but is it possible to rotate the elephant to see the animation? Some of my animated things only show the animation in certain directions. For instance the holiday table with the candle flame--my candle is only lit in one direction!

team! Oops, if you zoom in as tight as possible and stare at it carefully, the water does move!

kooky panda
01-21-16, 03:31 PM

Just the water is animated not the elephant.

Rainstorms45
01-21-16, 05:06 PM
I haven't gotten there yet, but is it possible to rotate the elephant to see the animation? Some of my animated things only show the animation in certain directions. For instance the holiday table with the candle flame--my candle is only lit in one direction!

Yeah i tried... doesn't seem to make any difference... i didnt think mine was moving either but saw a glimmer lol and realized it was umm moving yeah uh huh..... moving. ... but non the less it is cute...

patayita
01-22-16, 05:01 AM
The gazelles animation is crazy.. 😂

hqt081194
01-22-16, 06:22 AM
Day 9 and day 10 are really hard :(
Just try hard :p

kooky panda
01-22-16, 11:36 AM
The gazelles animation is crazy.. 
Cannot wait! I am almost there!:)

Rainstorms45
01-22-16, 04:30 PM
Ahhhhhhhh almost done with day 9.... tomorrow is gonna be hard im usually very busy on the weekend but i hope i can find time to check in on my game.

tuffyjkitten
01-22-16, 11:35 PM
Well I won't finish...about 26 hrs left now and I'm still working on day 8. Got too many orders for recipes I haven't learned and everything else required too many potatoes or was only worth 1-2 coins. Oh well! I have the baby elephant and will get the gazelle so I'm happy.

Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who finished. :)

Carbuck
01-23-16, 06:22 AM
Well I won't finish...about 26 hrs left now and I'm still working on day 8. Got too many orders for recipes I haven't learned and everything else required too many potatoes or was only worth 1-2 coins. Oh well! I have the baby elephant and will get the gazelle so I'm happy.

You never know...you might get a string of dishes you already have and breeze through round 9.

Good luck to you as well!

Rynetory2
01-23-16, 08:05 AM
The gazelles animation is crazy.. 😂

I agree. Gazelle is super hyperactive lol.

Rynetory2
01-23-16, 08:10 AM

Dont give up sweetie cos you never know when you hit a series of orders which you can do. I was stuck for over 6 hours with 1 coins and 2 coins dishes which I did but it was extremely frustrating seeing my progress bar only at one quarter. After that dry spell, I finallly managed to get a few 4 and 3 coins which really helped and I am almost done. Keep going as far as you can. Good luck.

Chaotarch
01-23-16, 09:13 AM
here it is:

tmwr
01-23-16, 09:35 AM
Unfortunately, I'm one of those weird people who doesn't care much about the decorations. I kind of like decorating the walls with different wallpaper and changing tables and chairs and counters, but that's about it. I've never been a fan of the animals or flowers or whatever. Before starting the cruise, I saw the counter style showing with the cook and servers so I thought maybe we were going to get that style unlocked as a prize. But, darn it that isn't offered and I'm not paying for it with gems. The counter style was the only thing I saw that excited me. The rest is just boring to me. So, I just do the cruise to get the recipes. Wish I liked the decorations more but I just don't.

hqt081194
01-23-16, 09:51 AM
I'm so lucky, i have 10 potatoes and 10 peas in my pantry and the cruise requests them, 8 coins so easy :)
and then i get French Dip Sandwich, just cock it, sleep and get 4 coins on tomorrow, i really love this recipe :cool:
I have 16 hours to complete cruise (150gem mores), I can do it :)
Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who finished.

pixiegamer
01-23-16, 01:10 PM
Question for people who have completed this cruise (or previous cruises): does the icon with Erin the explorer count as a day for the cruise? I've got 12h left on my timer and am still working toward the step just before her icon (the one with the Safari buggy as the prize).

Also, did the cruise stop requesting Campfire Grill recipes? Haven't seen those for a while.

nmishii
01-23-16, 01:51 PM
Question for people who have completed this cruise (or previous cruises): does the icon with Erin the explorer count as a day for the cruise? I've got 12h left on my timer and am still working toward the step just before her icon (the one with the Safari buggy as the prize).

Also, did the cruise stop requesting Campfire Grill recipes? Haven't seen those for a while.

The icon with Erin is for a day. You have 12 hrs to complete the cruise day to get the buggy and the cruise day to get Erin and the recipe. I started a day late and have 36 hrs to get the buggy and Erin. I think the last day is 600 gems. So you have 12 hrs to complete the current day's gems plus the 600 for the last day. Good luck, it is challenging and you'll likely need to use quick serves and/or gems but it isn't impossible.

catfoodie
01-23-16, 01:52 PM

Yes, the icon with Erin is on day 10 and you need to complete that day as well in order to get the main prize (which is Erin and her recipe).
Regardless the campfire stove - I only had 1 recipe during the whole event while others had few in a day so I would say they are not gone, just didn't pop up yet.

mhughes161113
01-23-16, 04:01 PM
Am I missing something. I have just completed the cruise. It shows on the cruise page that you can earn gems for this dish.... Doesn't look like mine will give gems.... Very misleading!!! Very annoyed!

patayita
01-23-16, 04:04 PM
Am I missing something. I have just completed the cruise. It shows on the cruise page that you can earn gems for this dish.... Doesn't look like mine will give gems.... Very misleading!!! Very annoyed!

You get gems when you cook the dish :)

mhughes161113
01-23-16, 04:10 PM
You get gems when you cook the dish :)

All of the dishes that I have done which you get gems says rewards gems.... This one doesn't (like the cupcake ones that I can make

gaby1776
01-23-16, 04:49 PM
Any ideas on what the last day of the cruise looks like? Is it doable if you cannot be on at all times? I will be on a plane in the morning. Thanks guys.

Ps. This is the farthest I have got in any cruise.

kellbell710
01-23-16, 05:15 PM
This is day 10 for me. It has been horrible. Nothing but 1 & 2 coin dishes. :mad:

gaby1776
01-23-16, 06:20 PM
That may mean it is not doable for me. I have closed off the restaurant and am stocking up on recipes. We shall have to see. I would really like to have a recipe that pays in Gems. Does anyone know if they ever repeat quests? I would like to be able to cook more than one thing on my grill for instance.

Plumpernickel
01-23-16, 07:01 PM
So I just finished the cruise, but don't seem to have collected the recipe and the task hasn't moved forward. I'm going to be really peeved if I loose this on some Storm8 glitch...

hqt081194
01-23-16, 07:41 PM
Yay!! My 2nd cruise :)
I have a question. How often Erin visit my restaurant to give coconut?

mmarquez9
01-23-16, 07:46 PM
I just finished the cruise, too!!!!!! Yay! I am also wondering how often Erin visits with the coconuts?

pixiegamer
01-23-16, 08:28 PM
The icon with Erin is for a day. You have 12 hrs to complete the cruise day to get the buggy and the cruise day to get Erin and the recipe. I started a day late and have 36 hrs to get the buggy and Erin. I think the last day is 600 gems. So you have 12 hrs to complete the current day's gems plus the 600 for the last day. Good luck, it is challenging and you'll likely need to use quick serves and/or gems but it isn't impossible.

Yes, the icon with Erin is on day 10 and you need to complete that day as well in order to get the main prize (which is Erin and her recipe).
Regardless the campfire stove - I only had 1 recipe during the whole event while others had few in a day so I would say they are not gone, just didn't pop up yet.

Thank you :) Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll finish :( But this is the first time I've been so close to finishing, so I'm confident I'll be able to finish the next cruise and get my first gem-earning recipe! And hopefully, it will be Valentine's-themed :)

Now what am I going to do with all the safari-themed decor I accumulated? :confused: :p

janddolphins
01-23-16, 08:38 PM
29 hours 2 days left, do you guys think I have a shot? I was so excited for this one using the forum tips and started off well but got stuck on a day midway. This is the farthest I've gone so proud for that but would love the final prize. Thankfully I can play nonstop tomorrow basically so that should help. Sadly almost nothing I stocked up on has been asked for so did not do a good job picking

SSInfinity1
01-23-16, 10:18 PM
This cruise was to earn gems. But the recipe does not seem to reward gems. Am I missing something?

ghjvcucjb
01-23-16, 10:47 PM
Finished! It was a nicely paced last day. Not as hard as some but definitely not easy by any means. Took a few gems but hoping to earn to those back as soon as I can make the recipe. Thank you S8 and the forum for this fun event and all the helpful discussion. Good luck to those who are still plugging on!

ghjvcucjb
01-23-16, 11:25 PM
Just checked and my recipe also does not show that it earns gems. Is this just a picture issue? Should we hold off from making it? Has anyone actually made the recipe and can tell us for sure one way or another?

debrasbistro
01-24-16, 12:16 AM
29 hours 2 days left, do you guys think I have a shot? I was so excited for this one using the forum tips and started off well but got stuck on a day midway. This is the farthest I've gone so proud for that but would love the final prize. Thankfully I can play nonstop tomorrow basically so that should help. Sadly almost nothing I stocked up on has been asked for so did not do a good job picking

Hi jan, best of luck! I found that sometimes it's better to refresh until you get food that you have stocked or a four star dish unless it's a quick one. You can do it ! Cheers!

mhughes161113
01-24-16, 01:04 AM
Just checked and my recipe also does not show that it earns gems. Is this just a picture issue? Should we hold off from making it? Has anyone actually made the recipe and can tell us for sure one way or another?

I am one coconut away from making. I will be so annoyed if it don't otherwise I wouldn't of bothered trying so hard to finish! All the ones that produce gems earn about 1,200, this one is only about 800 like the others that don't produce gems

ceres_aya
01-24-16, 01:07 AM
:( I do finish the cruise but the game suddenly refreshed and now I need to buy 1,300 gems!!!!! What can I do?

catfoodie
01-24-16, 02:04 AM
It might be just a picture issue, I really don't think this recipes doesn't reward gems. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned either in the beginning of the cruise or in the notification that fish curry is a new recipe that rewards gems so I wouldn't worry at all!

Ivy9107
01-24-16, 02:04 AM
I am one coconut away from making. I will be so annoyed if it don't otherwise I wouldn't of bothered trying so hard to finish! All the ones that produce gems earn about 1,200, this one is only about 800 like the others that don't produce gems

Hi! I have just completed the cruise and Erin visited me once with 2 coconuts. So, we need to wait for her to revisit for the coconuts? :confused:

mhughes161113
01-24-16, 02:56 AM
Hi! I have just completed the cruise and Erin visited me once with 2 coconuts. So, we need to wait for her to revisit for the coconuts? :confused:

She has visited me twice and has dropped two both times so just need her to visit again so I can make

Ryan1929
01-24-16, 03:07 AM
I've made the curry once and it awarded 1 gem. Erin seems to drop 2 coconuts each time but haven't worked out how often she turns up ��

Libbie318817
01-24-16, 03:55 AM
Isn't that a safari stove in the picture on the front page? Just wondering why it's there but not included in the event.

mhughes161113
01-24-16, 04:00 AM
Will the curry be staying? On the recipe book it has a 12d countdown on it???

Chaotarch
01-24-16, 04:01 AM
Yay!! My 2nd cruise :)
I have a question. How often Erin visit my restaurant to give coconut?

every 3-4h, not sure:rolleyes:

Libbie318817
01-24-16, 04:02 AM
It's supposed to be the extra chef right?

Chaotarch
01-24-16, 04:12 AM
Isn't that a safari stove in the picture on the front page? Just wondering why it's there but not included in the event.

It's supposed to be the extra chef right?

no new stove or chef.
just a new recipe to earn gems on the celebration stove.

deucedeuce22
01-24-16, 04:22 AM
I think Erin's timer is four and a half hours, I checked at four hours and she didn't come. Half hour later she walked in the door, and my game was open the whole time.

suejp
01-24-16, 05:47 AM
I'm finding the last day tedious. Having to make BLT at the same time as having to collect 10 bits of bacon. Having to make chicken noodle soup at the same as pasta Alfredo. Can't wait for the cruise to be over.

adorablerican
01-24-16, 07:48 AM
Will Erin be coming still after the 12 days left to earn coconuts for the coconut fish curry?

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 08:01 AM
Will Erin be coming still after the 12 days left to earn coconuts for the coconut fish curry?

You need to complete all 10 days of the cruise to win this recipe. And Erin will visit your restaurant continuously afterwhich so you can cook the recipe.

mhughes161113
01-24-16, 08:05 AM
Why do people ask the same as me which I have already asked but no one responds to mine but to everyone else??

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 08:05 AM
Will the curry be staying? On the recipe book it has a 12d countdown on it???

The Coconut Fish Curry will stay if you complete your cruise. :) The countdown timer is for you to complete the cruise, tap on Erin and cook the curry.

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 08:06 AM
Why do people ask the same as me which I have already asked but no one responds to mine but to everyone else??

I am typing my reply to you as you are posting. Dont worry sweetie, not leaving you out. :)

mhughes161113
01-24-16, 08:53 AM
Thanks lol... I have finished the cruise and have it cooking away 😊😊😊

cosmolife
01-24-16, 08:58 AM
It's very odd. I'm on day 6. The first 2 days, I got a lot of orders for dishes from the campfire stove. Got tired of refreshing, so on day 3, I decided to stack up my counters with those dishes. But!!! Since then, for the past 3 days, there has been no orders for them!! Not one single one

Has S8 taken those dishes out? I'm out of counters and would like to know for sure so I can delete the campfire dishes and stack other dishes for the remaining days of the cruise

Thank you :)

patayita
01-24-16, 09:16 AM
Just finished my second cruise, happy to have a recipe that rewards gems! :)

msgeeky
01-24-16, 09:19 AM
just about to complete the cruise, the game refresh by itself and I lost the chance to finish and get gems.

might delete the app after today :(

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 09:25 AM
Thanks lol... I have finished the cruise and have it cooking away ������

You're most welcome and congrats on finishing your cruise. :D

It's very odd. I'm on day 6. The first 2 days, I got a lot of orders for dishes from the campfire stove. Got tired of refreshing, so on day 3, I decided to stack up my counters with those dishes. But!!! Since then, for the past 3 days, there has been no orders for them!! Not one single one

Has S8 taken those dishes out? I'm out of counters and would like to know for sure so I can delete the campfire dishes and stack other dishes for the remaining days of the cruise

Thank you :)

I dont think so, I think it could be due to the randomness. I had a long spell of those campfire orders then they gone and came back after a while.

just about to complete the cruise, the game refresh by itself and I lost the chance to finish and get gems.

might delete the app after today :(

Sorry to hear that. :( I think you are very close to finishing if that was the last order. Keep going. Dont give up.

eicyarg
01-24-16, 11:39 AM
Finished safari cruise. Erin seems to come every 4 to 4 1/2 hrs and drops 2 coconuts. Need five for the curry recipe. Cruise was challenging. I save gems and helping hands for the last two days. I don't stack my counters because i usually end up choosing the wrong dishes!! But I do try to stock my pantry with items that take long time to regenerate, like onions, lobster, salmon peas. I try not to stress out. If I get the prize, then great. Otherwise I just try to have fun. Good luck everyone

msgeeky
01-24-16, 11:57 AM
one more dish to send which is I already send half of it before, so yeah it is pretty close chuckyt888

I know it's only a game but it is frustrating if this thing happened *sigh*

chuckyt888
01-24-16, 12:00 PM
one more dish to send which is I already send half of it before, so yeah it is pretty close chuckyt888

I know it's only a game but it is frustrating if this thing happened *sigh*

Was your timer on the cruise showing that you had plenty of time left but then the game refreshed and the cruise ended? Is that how it happened?

andyh67
01-24-16, 12:08 PM
Is that it. 1 gem at the end of cooking coconut fish curry

ghjvcucjb
01-24-16, 01:06 PM
Is that it. 1 gem at the end of cooking coconut fish curry

It varies, sometimes 1, sometimes 9 and all in between. 1 may not seem like much but if you cook it several times a day, you'll be rolling in gems within a month. Plus if you won any of the other gem recipes from prior cruises, you would be rolling in gems in no time. 1 gem recipe adds up.

MeruBunny
01-24-16, 01:12 PM
So how long until she visits again? After the first time when you complete the cruise???
I need more coconuts :)

eicyarg
01-24-16, 01:32 PM
Erin appears after 4 to 41/2 hours and drops 2 coconuts.

Rainstorms45
01-24-16, 03:56 PM
Ugggh missed it by 125 coins.... soooo wish they give an extra day...

altheamae64
01-24-16, 04:02 PM
I'm finding the last day tedious. Having to make BLT at the same time as having to collect 10 bits of bacon. Having to make chicken noodle soup at the same as pasta Alfredo. Can't wait for the cruise to be over.That happens to me too.....so frustrating isn't it?

I had lobster bisque, coq au vin, and lobster thermidor stacking continuously for the last 2 days and guess what? None needed for the cruise ship orders!

I'm not convinced about the 'randomness' of this game at all. For instance I get loads of vanilla every single day when a cruise is on but the minute we do a quest where you'd benefit from making mastery spice - can't grow vanilla for love or money.

Funny that, huh? :rolleyes:

On another note - anyone else noticed that the fish curry doesn't contain any fish? :D

altheamae64
01-24-16, 04:12 PM
Same here!! I've kinda collected the ones that you get with the cruisesm animals included, but they rarely make it out of storage :D

Like you, I prefer jazzing my place up with different tables, chairs, wallpaper, tiles and dividers.

I never seem to have enough room anyway and I'm level 56 expansion 18

yklub
01-24-16, 08:23 PM

I made the recipe and it does reward gems and money as well. You need to collect the coconuts then make the dish.

janddolphins
01-24-16, 08:51 PM
I'm cutting it so close it's nerve wracking. 5 hours left 1/4 of day 10 left. Got 2 4 point dishes cooking as we speak. Using all my helping hands and some extra gems, figure I can make them back over time with the gem dishes and honestly I've never had anything to use them on up to this point and really want to finish my first cruise. Wish me luck! I hope to get some lucky dishes that I have stacked to help me along. Luckily I can sleep in tomorrow so will stay up until it's done and hope for the best. Have a little over 150 gems if I need. I get 4 a day from videos so worst case I know it's probably foolish to use them, maybe not. Not sure how long it will take go recuperate but hoping I don't nee to use them all. Will post my final results later!