PDA

View Full Version : African Safari Catering Cruise

Pages : 1 [2]

phatzs
01-24-16, 10:25 PM
This is pretty cool having a gem recipe! Wish I started playing this game sooner so I could have more gem recipes!!!

janddolphins
01-25-16, 12:07 AM
Made it with less than an hour to spare. Ended up using gems to finish. Used way more gems on this challenge than I planned but I am just excited to have finished my first safari and they were just sitting there and I am sure I will stock up on gems again between videos and now the recipe. Good luck to everyone else and I hope others made it as well.

Once again a big thank you to the forum! Despite spending my gems, I would never have been able to have made it if it were not for all the advice you guys gave me!

yummy_bistro
01-25-16, 12:10 AM
sigh couldn't even complete goal 9

I only needed 5 more mins
wanna cry ><

bfq2001
01-25-16, 12:15 AM
I made one yesterday, and now making the second coconuts fish curry. Not sure how often she comes to visit me yet, I know it's more than 2 hours, today, I only met her 3 times, every time I got 2 coconuts. I don't think I can complete it in 10 days.
I am wondering why we cannot get these kind info from TeamLava and why we have to find out by ourselves by trying ......

I didn't receive any gem award, also, I didn't receive any gem after I made my first dish. ......

Update: I received 5 gem after I finished second dish. Great!

Update: so far I made 5 dishes, the gems I got is, 0, 5, 1, 5, 1. Looks like she visits me 4 hours after the last visiting

kanajunroses
01-25-16, 12:46 AM
1 had 32 minutes to spare when I finish safari challenge and got only got one gem for 10 days of challenge....sanitary regulations do not allow
Dangerous or domestic animals and vehicles into eatries......feel very let. Down with only one gem even though it said gems. I touch safari girl when I finished all the goals...how come I can't make the curry?

andyh67
01-25-16, 01:10 AM
Ah I see I just thought it was awarding gems after the first cook, rather than every cook whilst it's available. Thanks

catfoodie
01-25-16, 02:01 AM
1 had 32 minutes to spare when I finish safari challenge and got only got one gem for 10 days of challenge....sanitary regulations do not allow
Dangerous or domestic animals and vehicles into eatries......feel very let. Down with only one gem even though it said gems. I touch safari girl when I finished all the goals...how come I can't make the curry?
You need 5 coconuts from Erin to make fish curry. If you tap on her only once you most likely got 2 coconuts so you need so wait till she visits you couple more times before you can make it!

Rynetory2
01-25-16, 07:47 AM
Made it with less than an hour to spare. Ended up using gems to finish. Used way more gems on this challenge than I planned but I am just excited to have finished my first safari and they were just sitting there and I am sure I will stock up on gems again between videos and now the recipe. Good luck to everyone else and I hope others made it as well.

Once again a big thank you to the forum! Despite spending my gems, I would never have been able to have made it if it were not for all the advice you guys gave me!

Many congrats sweetie! Great job. :D It's tougher for lower levels and I babysat my first cruise for day 9 and 10. You did well.

sigh couldn't even complete goal 9

I only needed 5 more mins
wanna cry ><

Don't give up yet, you still have a chance to catch up on day 10. It wouldn't be easy but at least it isn't over. Keep trying. We are cheering you. :D

Rainstorms45
01-25-16, 08:57 AM
Though i did not make it, i think its because i started it early. I need to start it where i dont have to finish on the weekend. Mine ended saturday but if it ended monday i would have been able to complete it because i would have had more time for it. But hopefully next one i can complete, i keep getting closer n closer.

gracelinda
01-25-16, 10:27 AM
I just finished the cruise making my first curry dish but on my menu it does not show that you get gem rewards like the other dishes. Do we get gems for preparing this dish?

patayita
01-25-16, 10:44 AM
I just finished the cruise making my first curry dish but on my menu it does not show that you get gem rewards like the other dishes. Do we get gems for preparing this dish?

I have done the dish 2 times and received gems both times after I served it :)

catfoodie
01-25-16, 11:07 AM
Yes you get gems when you cook it

ghjvcucjb
01-25-16, 11:26 AM
Ah I see I just thought it was awarding gems after the first cook, rather than every cook whilst it's available. Thanks

Just to be clear, the recipe is permanent so you can make it forever!

altheamae64
01-25-16, 01:03 PM
This is the best gem recipe so far IMO - doesn't rely on cream, sugar or 5 beef and even if you're out of tomatoes, they're only a minute away :cool:

ironspidey31
01-25-16, 01:14 PM
So I finished the event last night...

Was Erin suppose just now start visiting my restaurant?
Also since the Coconut Curry is now an available/ permanent recipe, will Erin forever be a visitor since we need coconuts? O_O
AND how come the event said for the last day that it's a 2,000 gem value?

altheamae64
01-25-16, 02:09 PM
So I finished the event last night...

Was Erin suppose just now start visiting my restaurant?
Also since the Coconut Curry is now an available/ permanent recipe, will Erin forever be a visitor since we need coconuts? O_O
AND how come the event said for the last day that it's a 2,000 gem value?From what I've read, she will visit every 4 to 4 and a half hours and give you 2 coconuts.

AFAIK, she will be visiting for as long as the game is available.

In theory, the number of gems you get for making the curry is an unlimited number although you'd have to play every day for nearly 6 years to get to 2,000 gems - if you only make the curry once a day and get a single gem.

ironspidey31
01-25-16, 02:29 PM
From what I've read, she will visit every 4 to 4 and a half hours and give you 2 coconuts.

AFAIK, she will be visiting for as long as the game is available.

In theory, the number of gems you get for making the curry is an unlimited number although you'd have to play every day for nearly 6 years to get to 2,000 gems - if you only make the curry once a day and get a single gem.

OH darn, totally got my hopes up =[
Thanks for the information!!

myhsplace
01-25-16, 03:20 PM
Erin appears after 4 to 41/2 hours and drops 2 coconuts.

i don't know if they changed the drops today but, i got 5 coconuts on my first collect, about 15mins ago.

catfoodie
01-25-16, 03:25 PM
i don't know if they changed the drops today but, i got 5 coconuts on my first collect, about 15mins ago.
I don't think they changed it. Every special character have certain drops, so Erin might drop 2 coconuts as well as 5 coconuts, but 5 coconuts have smaller chances. For example Timmy the Turkey from the Thanksgiving Cruise Event usually drops 1 pumpkin, but occasionally he drops 3 of them:>

altheamae64
01-25-16, 04:00 PM
OH darn, totally got my hopes up =[
Thanks for the information!!Dont be too dispirited, you can get anything from 1 to 10 gems per fish curry - you might get lucky on your next cook and score big! :D

And don't forget to watch the videos each day for an extra 2 gems :cool:

altheamae64
01-25-16, 04:03 PM
I don't think they changed it. Every special character have certain drops, so Erin might drop 2 coconuts as well as 5 coconuts, but 5 coconuts have smaller chances. For example Timmy the Turkey from the Thanksgiving Cruise Event usually drops 1 pumpkin, but occasionally he drops 3 of them:>I've got 48 pumpkins atm - never seem to get around to making the mini pumpkin pies nor the beef wellington. I have tons of wedding cake decorations too. I seem to mostly do the baked alaska on that oven and the pyramid cake on the normal oven.

yummy_bistro
01-25-16, 08:39 PM
Many congrats sweetie! Great job. :D It's tougher for lower levels and I babysat my first cruise for day 9 and 10. You did well.

Don't give up yet, you still have a chance to catch up on day 10. It wouldn't be easy but at least it isn't over. Keep trying. We are cheering you. :D

cannot, the time was over, I only needed 5 more mins ><
wu wu wu
I am not in USA time zone

phatzs
01-26-16, 12:02 AM
Does anyone else still have a timer on the fish curry dish in the cookbok? On the stove itself it doesn't have it, just on in the cookbook.

tara21264
01-26-16, 01:54 AM
Aargh, now I have another glitch, too:
I am on day 10 (started late), I am supposed the beef on chateau oven, did it once, used 7 helping hands to speed up, bought 4 from butcher store, put the second time on the oven. When I checked after visiting some neighbors, the chateau oven was empty, so is the shelf at butcher store. Now I have to wait for 2 hrs for beef, I want my helping hands back... 😨

chrissydid
01-26-16, 06:12 AM
That happens to me too.....so frustrating isn't it?

On another note - anyone else noticed that the fish curry doesn't contain any fish? :D

Haha. On a side note, real fish curry is sooooo delicious. But it does have fish! (ノ?ヮ?)ノ*:・゚✧

suejp
01-26-16, 06:24 AM
Vegetarian fish curry ;-)

Rynetory2
01-26-16, 08:28 AM
cannot, the time was over, I only needed 5 more mins ><
wu wu wu
I am not in USA time zone

Oh so sorry you didnt complete it. :( And you were extremely close! sigh..

Does anyone else still have a timer on the fish curry dish in the cookbok? On the stove itself it doesn't have it, just on in the cookbook.

Maybe the timer on the cookbook is to remind those who completed the cruise but have not learnt the recipe to do so?

phatzs
01-26-16, 08:56 AM
Oh so sorry you didnt complete it. :( And you were extremely close! sigh..

Maybe the timer on the cookbook is to remind those who completed the cruise but have not learnt the recipe to do so?

Ya maybe. Hope I don't loose it.

Rynetory2
01-26-16, 08:58 AM
Ya maybe. Hope I don't loose it.

Nope you won't. Once you have completed the cruise goal, it's yours for keeps. Don't worry. :)

ma1921
01-26-16, 09:18 AM
I'm done. I was only a bit worried on the 8th day which took me almost 23 hours to finish . The rest were alright esp.the 9th day. Compare with the Campfire quest, this 10 days cruise is easier, at least not so stressed & frustrated. Good luck to those still working on it. ✌

yklub
01-26-16, 11:58 AM
Dont be too dispirited, you can get anything from 1 to 10 gems per fish curry - you might get lucky on your next cook and score big! :D

And don't forget to watch the videos each day for an extra 2 gems :cool:

Could you please share what videos to watch for free gems? Thanks!

kooky panda
01-26-16, 11:59 AM
Guys, to discuss other topics besides the Cruise you can send each other private messages or find a current thread to post on. (or start new thread if no current ones).

Thanks

altheamae64
01-26-16, 03:30 PM
Haha. On a side note, real fish curry is sooooo delicious. But it does have fish! (ノ?ヮ?)ノ*:・゚✧It is indeed and yes it does :D

Vegetarian fish curry ;-)Of course.........mustn't forget the special vegetarians who eat chicken and fish ;)

dollydaydreams1
01-26-16, 04:32 PM
It is indeed and yes it does :D

Of course.........mustn't forget the special vegetarians who eat chicken and fish ;)

Lol lol I actually work in a real restaurant when I'm not at home looking after my pretend one, and the 'special' vegetarians are always a joy! :p

A note for anyone still working on this cruise:
Aside from the new appliances, this is my favourite prize. You can collect enough coconuts to cook this dish every day, with just tomatoes! :D The cook time is sensible AND you have a chance for it making more than one gem. I'm happy I paid gems to finish.

cquinn32
01-26-16, 05:24 PM
Aside from the new appliances, this is my favourite prize. You can collect enough coconuts to cook this dish every day, with just tomatoes! :D The cook time is sensible AND you have a chance for it making more than one gem. I'm happy I paid gems to finish.

I agree!! I think this may end up being my favorite gem recipe of them all (right behind wedding cake of course lol). So glad that it doesn't require sugar!!

ma1921
01-26-16, 10:09 PM
Could you please share what videos to watch for free gems? Thanks!

Not just yklub, I think many of us would like to know how to get such video to get us 2 free gems daily. Thx for sharing.

AliceWinter24
01-27-16, 10:12 AM
Doesn't look like I'm gonna finish this event. I have my counters stacked with food ready to send out, but I only get orders I can't fill. I keep refreshing, but time is running out. Actually thought I was gonna make it this time.

dollydaydreams1
01-27-16, 04:03 PM
Doesn't look like I'm gonna finish this event. I have my counters stacked with food ready to send out, but I only get orders I can't fill. I keep refreshing, but time is running out. Actually thought I was gonna make it this time.

Keep going, you might get lucky right at the end. I've finished a cruise with just minutes to spare. Do you have enough gems to maybe finish that way? Good Luck!

AliceWinter24
01-28-16, 12:39 AM
Just wondering how many gems it's worth to spend on completing this. 20 minutes to go, and still 105 gems left to complete the cruise.

Rynetory2
01-28-16, 12:43 AM
The curry recipe gives at least a gem whenever you cook it. So you will need to cook probably 105 times or maybe less to get your investment back. Gem it if you think you can. Personally I think it's worth it on the long run. Your call and good luck.

AliceWinter24
01-28-16, 01:13 AM
Thank you. I ended up using just 21 gems, and finished with 5 minutes to spare :)

Rynetory2
01-28-16, 01:15 AM
That's a great deal. Congrats and great job, AliceWinter! :D

lyssea
01-28-16, 05:38 PM
There seems to be a time limit in my menu book indicating that we have seven more days to go for the curry dish. Anyone else seeing that?

catfoodie
01-28-16, 05:45 PM
There seems to be a time limit in my menu book indicating that we have seven more days to go for the curry dish. Anyone else seeing that?
Yes. If you got recipe and cooked it at least once it's not gonna disappear

dollydaydreams1
01-28-16, 07:15 PM

Don't panic, cook it once and it's yours for keeps. I asked the same question but still worried the first time I saw this on a prize dish and nearly ****ed myself mastering it before the timer ran out haha

lyssea
01-29-16, 07:44 AM
Thanks so much catfoodie and dollydaydreams1!!!

kelliusly
02-01-16, 12:10 PM
Thought coconut fish curry dish will reward gems, well at least that;s what I thought they claimed. there's no gem award....

kooky panda
02-01-16, 12:30 PM
Thought coconut fish curry dish will reward gems, well at least that;s what I thought they claimed. there's no gem award....
It should reward a gem.
If you are not getting gems for this recipe, please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game.

See this thread for more information
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88146-Gem-Recipes-Payout