PDA

View Full Version : Master of the Mallow Goals- January 13 2016

Pages : 1 [2]

Rynetory2
01-21-16, 07:40 AM
Looks like we are hitting boredom with these goals. I have passed along your feedback on more activities and lesser waiting time on ingredients to the team. Hopefully we see some changes in the next event. :) In the mean time, hang in there.

bobbyrae
01-21-16, 07:57 AM
Add me to the list of bored players. It's no fun just waiting hours and hours for an ingredient needed for all the special goal recipes. It's not like there are a couple of chase items needed for different things to make some interest strategizing what to cook when, it's just : wait 2-4 hours, cook one thing, wait 2-4 hours, cook one thing, repeat 20 times.

It's tedious.

And I agree, the Christmas recipes were better because at least you could really earn some coins from them.

I've tried to keep things interesting by redecorating, but the game messes up my floor tiles almost every time I come back in. And then even steals back tiles I've already bought, so I have to pay again if I want to put things back (not cool, s8, not cool). :(
And before anyone asks, yes I shut down the game when I'm not playing.

BS2 is my first S8 game, and between the tedious gameplay and wonky SW/syncing it's not really making me want to try any others. I thought it would be better as I went along, but it's gotten worse.

This is my first BS2 event and...well...add me to the bored list too. I'm just making my third (out of five) smores bar. I'm done with the mallow cakes and smores requirement. Waiting for the marshmallows to be ready in store or dropped by gramps is beyond tedious. I only get three marshmallows from the store each hour and three from gramps every four. So I have to wait four hours to be able to make one smores bar. I think this is my third or fourth day on this one part of the goal.

I also have the same tile issue. If i uninstall the game I won't be reinstalling it.

CammoAmmo
01-21-16, 08:39 AM
This is my first BS2 event and...well...add me to the bored list too. I'm just making my third (out of five) smores bar. I'm done with the mallow cakes and smores requirement. Waiting for the marshmallows to be ready in store or dropped by gramps is beyond tedious. I only get three marshmallows from the store each hour and three from gramps every four. So I have to wait four hours to be able to make one smores bar. I think this is my third or fourth day on this one part of the goal.

I also have the same tile issue. If i uninstall the game I won't be reinstalling it.

Same tile issue here, and also having dissappearing tiles as well. Would like to suggest that storm8 vary the goals, such as some being decoration or other items, and most of all make us wait while recipes cook, not wait for ingredients!

LHbaker8
01-21-16, 09:37 AM
rynetory2 said:
If it doesnt, please report this on the bug & issues thread so we can assist you further without derailing from this goal topic.

Just did that, thanks!

Any word yet on what will happen with the marshmallow toaster when these goals are finished?
Will it be used for other ingredients since the marshmallow are for a limited time? Will we be able to store it for the next time?
Or will it be destined to become like that coffee cart, something hanging around for Cooper and Sam to trip over LOL

phatzs
01-21-16, 09:48 AM
On step 9, and I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else on this being a very boring event. The drop rate and restock times were ridiculous. The math doesn't add up either. I'm sorry but 3 regular marshmallows doesn't equal one toasted. I think it's time to get off the common core math and go back to the basics. It would have definitely been nice if these plates had a higher income like the Christmas one. One more thing, can we start having an equal number of drop rates? It's not really fair if some people get more than others. It should be the same for all, or make it that every certain visit everyone gets a rare large drop.

VanaCatu
01-21-16, 02:11 PM
meantime, guys - did anyone got to mastery rocky road?
how much is for level 3?
(bronze - 3 srv, silver - 3 srv, gold - ???)

LHbaker8
01-21-16, 02:24 PM
meantime, guys - did anyone got to mastery rocky road?
how much is for level 3?
(bronze - 3 srv, silver - 3 srv, gold - ???)

I think it's one marshmallow for 3 serves.
I haven't finished it yet, though.

VanaCatu
01-21-16, 02:32 PM
no i mean how much we need to serve to get mastery level.
novice (bronze) requires 3 times
artisan (silver) also 3 times to serve rocky road.

i just hope to do master (gold) - we need also 3 rocky roads...

phatzs
01-21-16, 02:41 PM

I was thinking it will be 3

laineysmom
01-21-16, 02:50 PM

I just finished silver and you are correct, to attain gold you need to serve 3.

kimmysue123
01-21-16, 08:15 PM
I finished all nine tasks and got the stupid owl. Ugh.

yummy_bistro
01-21-16, 08:17 PM
Finally on goal 9, and I hate to say this, I really hate marshmallows!!!!
Tedious and bored lol

phatzs
01-21-16, 08:17 PM

You sound disappointed

VanaCatu
01-21-16, 11:05 PM
I just finished silver and you are correct, to attain gold you need to serve 3.
well, 3 roads sound better than 15 gingerhouses, lol )))

i didn't finished those goals, and i don't believe i'll do these.
but in any case, i can make some money on it, so... let it be :)

Auntie65
01-22-16, 01:54 AM
If you finished can you tell us if gramps still drops and can you still collect to make dishes please

kimmysue123
01-22-16, 04:50 AM
You sound disappointed

Yep, too much work for such a stupid prize. This game is very unbalanced.

AND as soon as I finished, grandpa has suddenly gotten generous with the marshmallows. Really......adding insult to injury.

kimmysue123
01-22-16, 04:54 AM
If you finished can you tell us if gramps still drops and can you still collect to make dishes please

Yes, grandpa has still been visiting. As I said in another post, as soon as I finished, he got generous with the marshmallows. He only dropped two at a time before I finished, now he's dropping 9 at a time.

I do plan to continue to make some of the high dollar dishes while I can. I'm trying to get $1,260,000 to buy an appliance for a goal.....no, not a typo. One million, two hundred sixty thousand dollars. Ridiculous.

CammoAmmo
01-22-16, 05:03 AM
Glad to hear they listened to one thing! Hope I will still have the motivation to make rocky road pies after I finish...haha

Rynetory2
01-22-16, 05:28 AM
Rocky road pie and s'mores are the most profitable recipes base on per toasted marshmallow. 1500 coins for each toasted marshmallows. I have finished the event and am making extras from these.

VanaCatu
01-22-16, 05:42 AM
no, not a typo. One million, two hundred sixty thousand dollars. Ridiculous.
aha... and two million three hundred thousand dollars for fryer at level 33...
scary even to imagine how much cd be second cake maker at level 36!
and i don't even like to see additional levels on top of wht we have - i'm pretty sure we've got enough of "inflation" by now.

yppahc
01-22-16, 06:48 AM
I think we should get exclusive recipes as prizes like in RS2. I can see that the developers may want to keep the games different tho.

The gem traps in these tasks are ludicrous, we knew the final prize could be bought for 100 gems. The cost of skipping goals to get to that prize were hundreds for each part.

phatzs
01-22-16, 10:05 AM
Yep, too much work for such a stupid prize. This game is very unbalanced.

AND as soon as I finished, grandpa has suddenly gotten generous with the marshmallows. Really......adding insult to injury.

Why did you do the goal if you didn't want the owl?

alexsjusa
01-22-16, 10:40 AM
aha... and two million three hundred thousand dollars for fryer at level 33...
scary even to imagine how much cd be second cake maker at level 36!
and i don't even like to see additional levels on top of wht we have - i'm pretty sure we've got enough of "inflation" by now.

I know what you mean I have 20 bricks so I'm always trying to expand to make space but it's almost 2 million now! I've not even bought my second French oven I'm just going ahead without it! Stupid pie make is costing so much I guess it's going to be a week before I get it!

alexsjusa
01-22-16, 10:41 AM
Looks like we are hitting boredom with these goals. I have passed along your feedback on more activities and lesser waiting time on ingredients to the team. Hopefully we see some changes in the next event. :) In the mean time, hang in there.

At least the butt load of money we can make from high price items is an incentive!

CammoAmmo
01-22-16, 02:10 PM
You get 9 marshmallows from Gramps after you complete the goals! I thought I was just lucky, but he's dropped off 9 three times in a row so I think it's safe to say you always get 9. I guess since you're done with the goal you can get to bake the recipes more often. Very pleased with this.

LonePudding
01-22-16, 02:28 PM
You get 9 marshmallows from Gramps after you complete the goals! I thought I was just lucky, but he's dropped off 9 three times in a row so I think it's safe to say you always get 9. I guess since you're done with the goal you can get to bake the recipes more often. Very pleased with this.

That is very nice of S8. I hope I can get to the end with enough time to take advantage of this. I'm still on step 8 (just started it actually).

VanaCatu
01-22-16, 02:30 PM
good to hear, but frankly speaking i'd like vice versa.
the goals don't have to be stressfull thing. it's a game, and a game sd relax.
much better wd be if this papa dropped 8-9 during the goals, and 2-3 after completion. it wd be logic.
i never got more than 2 from him, and i just opened 9/9.
so i don't believe i'll ever collect 120 marshes to pass through.

VanaCatu
01-22-16, 02:36 PM
(nevertheless, i'm glad that mastering requirements are way to lower than in xmas goals.

nevertheless, it doesn't stop me from feeling like i'm a lab rat, lol )))
they changed some things - and r looking at our reaction.
but the reaction is still bad. whtever they did -

nevertheless, it's still stressing)

MoroseMonsters
01-22-16, 02:47 PM
Ok, now I'll actually complete the last goal. I thought gramps would disappear. If he drops more, that definitely makes finishing more worthwhile.

kimmysue123
01-22-16, 02:50 PM
Why did you do the goal if you didn't want the owl?

I did it because of the high-profit recipes.

kooky panda
01-22-16, 03:07 PM
I got 9 also after I finished the goals.

kooky panda
01-22-16, 03:14 PM
Oh I love the owl! He is nice and big and animated! He blinks and turns his head!

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/648d6dbe-aef7-486b-86e2-d841de7316a7_zpstsbiwy1p.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/648d6dbe-aef7-486b-86e2-d841de7316a7_zpstsbiwy1p.png.html)

LonePudding
01-23-16, 05:25 AM
I got my first 9 drop today. I'm still on goal 8/9, the rocky road pies are seriously slowing this down.

Congrats to all who have completed it.

srg70
01-23-16, 06:50 AM
I got my first 9 drop today. I'm still on goal 8/9, the rocky road pies are seriously slowing this down.

Congrats to all who have completed it.

I've not had a single 9 drop and I've almost finshed 9/9:( I've only got two more Rocky road pies to make.

yppahc
01-23-16, 07:03 AM
I just got my first 9 marshmallow drop. Right after completing the last goal!

catfoodie
01-23-16, 07:37 AM
I completely gave up on this goal :> hadn't check the game for few days, just feel bored with goals and the game in general lol. Hope for more fun quests:/

Rynetory2
01-23-16, 09:04 AM
I completely gave up on this goal :> hadn't check the game for few days, just feel bored with goals and the game in general lol. Hope for more fun quests:/

Hang in there. Feedbacks have been given to the team. Hopefully we see some changes in the future goals. :) This game is still relatively new so it isnt casted in stone so to speak.

vickyville14
01-23-16, 09:40 AM
Just want to make sure I am reading this right, I can finish goal 9 and I will still get marshmallows? I would like to keep make these recipes because the are great for gaining coin!

hushkat
01-23-16, 10:02 AM
When does the event end? Is it Tuesday noonish?

CammoAmmo
01-23-16, 10:07 AM
Just want to make sure I am reading this right, I can finish goal 9 and I will still get marshmallows? I would like to keep make these recipes because the are great for gaining coin!

Not only will you still get marshmallows, Gramps will now always drop 9! So yes, finish the goals! :)

@kooky, could you put this info on the front post so players know they can finish? thank you! :)

Done(KP)

catfoodie
01-23-16, 10:21 AM
Hang in there. Feedbacks have been given to the team. Hopefully we see some changes in the future goals. :) This game is still relatively new so it isnt casted in stone so to speak.
That's what I'm hoping for! I know in rs2 there were no events first half a year so I'm hoping we will see improvements:>

vickyville14
01-23-16, 10:22 AM
Not only will you still get marshmallows, Gramps will now always drop 9! So yes, finish the goals! :)

@kooky, could you put this info on the front post so players know they can finish? thank you! :)

GREAT! Thanks so much for the speedy reply. Only two more s'mores to go!

phatzs
01-23-16, 09:07 PM
Yes! Finally done!!

srg70
01-23-16, 09:29 PM
Finally finished. I love the fact we can continue to make the recipes till the goal time runs out. That's a big improvement from the last goal!

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 08:09 AM
Finally finished. I love the fact we can continue to make the recipes till the goal time runs out. That's a big improvement from the last goal!

I totally agree. Love the improvements made in this event. :)

hushkat
01-24-16, 09:30 AM
When does the goal time end?

Rynetory2
01-24-16, 09:31 AM
When does the goal time end?

3 days

sashahoney
01-24-16, 05:21 PM
Omg. I just got to goal 9/9. I see that you haven't got the info for it yet, on page 1. So here's the details:

I've lost the will to live with this goal, it's just soooooo boring! I'm getting bored of all the animal prizes in RS2 so I hope that there aren't as many in this game. If things don't get more interesting and less tedious I'm going to delete this game, it has nothing whatsoever going for it and the lack of social interaction doesn't help either! :mad:

tuffyjkitten
01-24-16, 06:20 PM
All that's left of goal 9 is the rocky road pies. If I'm diligent with marshmallow collections I think I can finish. Would love a random drop of 9 marshmallows in the meantime....

Wipeout4321
01-24-16, 07:55 PM
I've gotten to level 12 (mandatory level for these goals) six days ago and I'm on step 7/9 with 1 S'mores Bar and 2 Strawberry Mallowcakes left, with 9 quick serves. Could I finish? :eek:

gracelinda
01-24-16, 08:50 PM
So I guess not until you finish the quest then grandpa gives 9 marshmallows. My stingy grandpa is still only giving 2 marshmallows.

sally_brown
01-24-16, 08:58 PM
I wanted to finish the goals, because I wanted the cute owl, but when I saw what was required in step 9, I decided I was over it. Too much time waiting for marshmallows.

phatzs
01-24-16, 09:17 PM
So I guess not until you finish the quest then grandpa gives 9 marshmallows. My stingy grandpa is still only giving 2 marshmallows.

That is correct. Gramps will start dropping 9 when you finish step 9.

debrasbistro
01-25-16, 02:52 AM
Well, I finished, but hope that the concerns people raised here will be taken into account. Also every step costs so much that it adds to the tedium. Too much repetition with nothing new.

alexsjusa
01-25-16, 05:59 AM

Actually he dropped 9 twice in a row while I was working on the goals but only one time!

kgp70282
01-25-16, 07:47 AM
I need Marshmallows.. Gramps needs to visit more than every 4hrs

anaghasaki
01-25-16, 11:53 AM
It is irritating that grandpa gives 9 marshmallows when you finish the goals and not even half of it during the goals.. I just finished and started getting 9 marshmallows..

patayita
01-25-16, 12:52 PM
Wow, this event is so boring.. I'm still on step 8 and not even near the finish. This is the second event that I'm not going to complete. If it continues this way, I will delete the game :(

ghjvcucjb
01-25-16, 01:53 PM
4 more rocky road pies to go! I'm only trying to finish so I can honestly gauge future events and whether or not I will even start them.

On another note, when I opened my game this morning, something was off in my bakery. Took me a while before I realized that the flooring, walls etc are all mixed up and not the way I've had it decorated for the past week. Why would that happen? It's not a sync issue since I haven't redecorated in a week

LonePudding
01-25-16, 03:48 PM
Wow, this event is so boring.. I'm still on step 8 and not even near the finish. This is the second event that I'm not going to complete. If it continues this way, I will delete the game :(

Same here. And I'm going to get all excited for the next event like I did before this event, just to be disappointed again. Sad.

yummy_bistro
01-25-16, 08:36 PM
It is irritating that grandpa gives 9 marshmallows when you finish the goals and not even half of it during the goals.. I just finished and started getting 9 marshmallows..

exactly! Now I don't even want to toast them

mags1210
01-26-16, 07:46 AM
exactly! Now I don't even want to toast them

I don't know how finished it, I am level 22, don't have many gems, so can't get tables & chairs etc, can only get 4 marshmallows every 2 hrs, this is the last day, it's impossible, this the second goal I have failed because off gems & only 1 mixer, they should put goals on that we all have a chance to finish, sorry for moaning but it's so frustrating, HAGD

CammoAmmo
01-26-16, 08:58 AM
I don't know how finished it, I am level 22, don't have many gems, so can't get tables & chairs etc, can only get 4 marshmallows every 2 hrs, this is the last day, it's impossible, this the second goal I have failed because off gems & only 1 mixer, they should put goals on that we all have a chance to finish, sorry for moaning but it's so frustrating, HAGD

You don't need to use gems; I only have a single mixer and did not spend any gems on the goal whatsoever and I finished around 4 days in advance. So you don't need to use gems. I think the problem is that to finish you must check it every two hours exactly, and it's so tedious.

tuffyjkitten
01-26-16, 11:30 AM
Made the last rocky road pie last night and collected it this morning. I'm shocked I finished early. But as everyone says, I dont want to toast marshmallows and make graham crackers anymore. I know the recipes generate lots of coins and that's great. I was able to get my blender, learn peanut butter balls, and save enough for an expansion during this event, but I'm tired of it now.

RoseMeyer
01-26-16, 04:49 PM
i dunno. Cant play enough to finish. I mean really mandatory to check in every two hours srsly??? Gramps is kinda if a control freak. Lolil. So stsly. Im ok with not finishing. Is gramps going to keep bringing me two marsgmallows for the duration and when the event is over he stops? So i can keep cooking what i can until thwn?

CammoAmmo
01-26-16, 08:29 PM
i dunno. Cant play enough to finish. I mean really mandatory to check in every two hours srsly??? Gramps is kinda if a control freak. Lolil. So stsly. Im ok with not finishing. Is gramps going to keep bringing me two marsgmallows for the duration and when the event is over he stops? So i can keep cooking what i can until thwn?

Yep, although events have been known to expire a few minutes early so be careful!

yummy_bistro
01-26-16, 08:43 PM
You don't need to use gems; I only have a single mixer and did not spend any gems on the goal whatsoever and I finished around 4 days in advance. So you don't need to use gems. I think the problem is that to finish you must check it every two hours exactly, and it's so tedious.

4 hours for grandpa
and 2 hours from store

while on this goal I was Lv 22 then to Lv23

janddolphins
01-26-16, 11:31 PM
Well I am on the side of not finishing this event. With 18 hours I am calling it quits as it's impossible. I'll only reach step 9. I played quite a bit too but I wasn't making it a chore and refused to set an alarm every two hours as I don't find that fun. So that would be the additional feedback to give aside from what was given earlier. I don't think a game which is played to relax should be made in a way that to complete it you have to babysit it constantly

Oh well I'll give it another couple months and see where it goes.

AliceWinter24
01-27-16, 07:06 AM
It looks like I'm gonna be 1 Rocky Road Pie short of completing. That really sucks. I've worked extremely hard on this, but still can't complete. But I had half a day where I couldn't play, that might be were I lost the chance. Anyway, I found this event exhausting and tedious, and extremely hard to complete.

Sabriiinax4
01-27-16, 07:40 AM
I wish we could trade between us, so those who are done with goals can trade their extras for something else they need to cook (regular recipe). Now that I am done with it, I get 19 marshmallows every 4 hours ( 5 + 5 from the store and 9 from gramps), which is more than I need.

It's sad to know that some are very close to finish these goals but won't be able because of the poor drops :(

bexiboo2
01-27-16, 11:18 AM
I would have loved the owl in my bakery, but alas I didn't finish the event :(

I was closer to finishing this one that the last event, but it still wasn't achievable for me. I work full time and can't check the game when I'm at work.

This event along with the almost impossible one in farm story at the moment makes me question why storm 8 are setting impossible tasks?!?

bexiboo2
01-27-16, 03:11 PM
Has anyone else noticed the goal has opened up again???

I've just checked into my game and the goal and side goals are there with a bit under 3 hours left on the timer. Unfortunately I'm going to bed now and wouldn't have time to complete everything in that time anyway. I suppose if someone only had 1 hour items to make they could still get the owl!

AliceWinter24
01-27-16, 04:07 PM
I only needed 3 more toasted marshmallows to get the owl :(

christac1021
01-27-16, 06:14 PM
Really upset with storm8. I was unable to finish the goals like a lot of people as it became to frustrating. Would love to have had the owl an was given a "last chance" offer to get it for 50 gems only to have it completely glitch so now I have no gems an no owl.... smh....

CammoAmmo
01-27-16, 07:20 PM
I would like it if they kept a timer somewhere besides the goals for people who have finished as I totally forgot that the goals would be ending today and still had tons of marshmallows left over...feels like such a waste. But that's a very minor issue compared to the fact that many people could not finish :(

LHbaker8
01-27-16, 07:32 PM
Glad to see the marshmallow toaster could be stored/sold. I was worried it would become another white elephant- useless and taking up space like the coffee cart.

Looks like the goals let things already baking finish up.
Agree that it would be good to have a countdown timer besides the goals when things are going to expire.

yummy_bistro
01-27-16, 09:08 PM
lucky I toasted all the ones dropped from grandpa and turn them into dishes

as after the dishes served, when grandpa dropped more and I try to toast, all gone

then I realised the goals expired

arandol7
01-28-16, 01:07 AM
I placed my marshmallow toaster in storage....after update it's gone. Not there anymore.....help was that supposed to happen. Also, my total storage items aren't adding up correctly. On the add an item screen it shows 70/70...but when I try to delete some the delete x is missing and it shows that I have 54/70

Rynetory2
01-28-16, 01:12 AM
Really upset with storm8. I was unable to finish the goals like a lot of people as it became to frustrating. Would love to have had the owl an was given a "last chance" offer to get it for 50 gems only to have it completely glitch so now I have no gems an no owl.... smh....

Sorry that you lost your owl... Can you try to restart your game and see if your owl or gems are there? If not, please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game.

Rynetory2
01-28-16, 01:14 AM
I placed my marshmallow toaster in storage....after update it's gone. Not there anymore.....help was that supposed to happen. Also, my total storage items aren't adding up correctly. On the add an item screen it shows 70/70...but when I try to delete some the delete x is missing and it shows that I have 54/70

My toaster disappeared too. I saw that you have also posted in the bugs thread. Please see my reply to your post there. Thanks.

Edit: Toaster is in the decor tab. Thanks Vanacatu

VanaCatu
01-28-16, 03:41 AM
my one is ok. it's just "jumped" from appliance tab to decor tab - which is logic since it cannot toast anything any more :)
so i took it out of decor tab and put it back just like a pretty interior element :)

Rynetory2
01-28-16, 04:04 AM
my one is ok. it's just "jumped" from appliance tab to decor tab - which is logic since it cannot toast anything any more :)
so i took it out of decor tab and put it back just like a pretty interior element :)

Thanks for the info! I didn't check my decor tab haha.

VanaCatu
01-28-16, 04:36 AM
Thanks for the info! I didn't check my decor tab haha.
aha... frankly speaking i'm glad they moved it. staying in appliance tab, it was unstorable. coffee cart is enough for me, lol )))

(meantime, i also have this issue with pantry.
the only good thing is that i've used up max i could yesterday.
so now i have only 2 ghost items.
i hope they will fix it soon)

Rynetory2
01-28-16, 06:42 AM
aha... frankly speaking i'm glad they moved it. staying in appliance tab, it was unstorable. coffee cart is enough for me, lol )))

(meantime, i also have this issue with pantry.
the only good thing is that i've used up max i could yesterday.
so now i have only 2 ghost items.
i hope they will fix it soon)

Sorry that you are also having the pantry issue. :( I have flagged it over to the team. I'm sure they will fix it asap.