PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help, Support dont understand the question:

MeanDarkus
02-21-11, 06:35 AM
I send support this:

hi

my original storm8 id was Meandarkus which had all my games associated. when i upgraded my phone i couldn't log into the account and was told by support this was down to my mobile not being compatible.

shortly after i created Meandarkus1 and got to level 31 in restaurant storm with this 2nd id. today i logged back into world war with Meandarkus which restored my game finally from my old device but I've lost my restaurant story progress of meandarkus1 as its signed in with Meandarkus.

therefore, could my restaurant story profile/progress be added to Meandarkus as this already has my progress from my other games and is the howcurrent storm8 id logged into my mobile. if not i need to log out as Meandarkus and back in as meandarkus1 to continue my restaurant story progress, if you can combine the how do i do this?

i really don't want to lose the progress of restaurant story on Meandarkus1

thanks

Sent from Samsung Mobile

They sent me this:

TeamLava Support Red, Feb-15 18:04 (PST):
Hi Dean,
Thank you for your message. However, we are unsure of the issue you are trying to bring to our attention. Can you let us know more details on how we can assist you? For example, please provide the exact text of any error messages you're receiving. Thanks again.
We have read your previous e-mail and we are unsure what you would like our assistance one if not a transfer.
Yours,
TeamLava Support Red

My reply:

Dean Marcus, Feb-16 05:02 (PST):
*Can anyone please help me with this issue???*
Quite simply I have *TWO* storm8 IDs
MeanDarkus* which contains my *World War, Mobsters* etc progress
MeanDarkus1* which contains my *Restaurant Story* (RS) progress
*issue*
I am currently logged into my phone with MeanDarkus, so when I load up RS
its a new restaurant, not my level 31 restaurant of MeanDarkus1
Some background info:
I had MeanDarkus for a while on my older phone, when I got my newer phone a
few months ago I was told by Storm8 support that I couldnt use this account
as World War was not compatible with my newer phone. A few months later I
installed RS but knowing I couldnt use my MeanDarkus ID I made MeanDarkus1
and played on that. This week, I ran World War to see if i could log in with
MeanDarkus (i.e. to see if the compatibility issues had been resolved) and I
was able to log in ok. Later, when I launched RS, my level 31 restaurant was
gone as that was assigned to MeanDarkus1
Solution????
a) Merge my progress on RS into my MeanDarkus profile
b) Advise me how to log back into my phone with MeanDarkus1, I'm willing to
lose my World War progress if it means I can recover my level 31 restaurant
c) your ideas...?
In Closing...
I cant access my Level 31 RS profile as its tied to MeanDarkus1, I am signed
in with MeanDarkus and cant change the signed in profile. I?ve tried to
factory reset my phone (Galaxy S) but it is automatically picking up
MeanDarkus.
I hope this has clarified the issue.

Again they came back with:

TeamLava Support Amaranth, Feb-18 10:45 (PST):
Hi Dean,
Thank you for your message. However, we are unsure of the issue you are trying to bring to our attention. Can you let us know more details on how we can assist you? For example, please provide the exact text of any error messages you're receiving. Thanks again.
Yours,
TeamLava Support Amaranth

Storm8 have said this is for Lava to resolve, Lava dont understand the problem I'm having and now dont return my emails. Its very frustrating!

Unregistered
02-21-11, 09:11 AM
I'm not quite sure of your problem as it seems very convoluted.

In short, u can only have one storm I.d. Per device. So if you change or transfer your r.s with the former I.d. It will wipe the games u are playing with the new I.d.

I get it's frustrating, but I don't think what you're asking can be done....not without you losing the games started under one or the other I.ds. They can't give you the r.s on the old I.d to the new I.d. It's set up under that specific I.d. There is no merging.

Your emails to them are not straight forward. They're confusing as hell.

Unregistered
02-21-11, 09:19 AM
You dont sign into these games. They're I.d and udid specific. Transfer one storm game, you transfer them all.

If you have a new device, start a storm game under a new I.d., u can't play another one using an old I.d.

If you transfer games with old I.d to new device you'll reset the other games to be played with old I'd.

Its not like plus games that you can log in and out of. Even those, I'm not sure you can play multiple games with more than one I.d.

Merging the old to the new....hmmm. ...might be possible but very time consuming and costly programming. It's a free game so doubt they'll put the time and money to do that for just a few players it might be convenient for.

You're not explaining your issue well. Regardless, what you want them to do is not an easy task so don't hold your breath.

MeanDarkus
02-21-11, 04:33 PM
Its really quite simple, i just want to access my RS progress thats on MeanDarkus1 but my phone has me logged in as MeanDarkus, how do i switch?

Mattdiner
02-21-11, 04:39 PM
On one device, all the games that require a storm8 ID will have the same storm8 ID. I am sorry to say that you can not pick and choose certain games to have different storm8 IDs. If you were to transfer one of the IDs onto the other device, all the status' you had on the first device will replace the existing second status'.

Unregistered
02-21-11, 09:50 PM
Storm8/TeamLava really needs to create a Storm8 Account Manager App that allows us to manage our games.
The current state of affairs is ridiculous.

Doubt it will happen though

MeanDarkus
02-22-11, 06:27 AM
On one device, all the games that require a storm8 ID will have the same storm8 ID. I am sorry to say that you can not pick and choose certain games to have different storm8 IDs. If you were to transfer one of the IDs onto the other device, all the status' you had on the first device will replace the existing second status'.

I know all this, I just want to use my MeanDarkus1 storm8 id on my phone, currently MeanDarkus is logged in.

Unregistered
02-22-11, 11:48 AM
All the teamlava games are linked to a device ID.

You can't pick and choose which games you want to have on an ID. It's not possible. If you want to swap the whole set of games from one device to another that is possible.

Unregistered
02-23-11, 10:28 PM
I know all this, I just want to use my MeanDarkus1 storm8 id on my phone, currently MeanDarkus is logged in.

I might beating a dead horse but you didn't post any kind of closing.

So ... The answer is NO. You can't have one ID for RS and one for old STORM games on the same phone. NO they won't merge. At least they haven't yet for others in much worse situations. Like lvl 150+ on rl.

You can keep asking them, but you're going to drive yourself nuts... I'm really sorry.

HYPOTHETICALLY: If sync your new phone and do a restore to date BEFORE you re-added the old(former) ID... you will have your RS (lvl 31) back... No other accounts. If you use orig ID you'll have to restart RS BUT you'll have your storm accounts.

If you have your old device, why not load the old ID on it? The new ID on the new one? Do you have wifi?

Good luck whatever you decide to do!!

MeanDarkus
02-25-11, 03:47 AM
I dont have the old device anymore.

I dont care about losing the progress from my other games, I just want to use MeanDarkus1 on my phone, so I can play my lvl 31 Resturant again.

You would think Support could sort this out, but no.

:(

Unregistered
02-26-11, 11:55 AM
I dont have the old device anymore.

I dont care about losing the progress from my other games, I just want to use MeanDarkus1 on my phone, so I can play my lvl 31 Resturant again.

You would think Support could sort this out, but no.

:(

Ummmm... I kinda told you how to sort it out... I'm thinking you don't like the answer so you keep rewording the question. If you need instructions how to delete and reinstall with your second ID, ask... Otherwise teamlava is not responsible for what you do on your phone.