ogreve
01-12-16, 01:01 PM

Rarity: Super Rare
Formula: water + electric
Breeding time: 16 hours
Evolution time: 18 hours
Limited time, expires: January 18th
Sale price: 200 gems

[Animal details and individual pictures taken from an external site - I hope this is o.k. if not I'll remove them]

Today's update again brings us a YALBA (Yet Another Limited Breedable Animal), but it's a really pretty one, the Winter Equifox!

The description in the shop is interesting: it mentions it to be the sibling of the Autumn Equifox and it hints on a further one being released in the spring. We'll see! :)

RowanaFarrin
01-12-16, 01:03 PM
Really excited about this one as it's so beautiful and I LOVE foxes!! :D Sad to see it's limited though and I just spent all my saved up gems on a Knitten Kitten, which turned out to not be limited even though I was pretty sure it said it was? So confused now. Wish things were more clear about limited or not sometimes. Nest won't be free for a while, but I'll cross my fingers for luck on this one!

Clark_Wayne
01-12-16, 01:13 PM
my baby account just finished a breeding when the new animal popped up. i put frostfang with lightning Leopard and got 13h..
is it the winter equifox ?

edit : checked the breeding list .. conducktor :(

agreed with you olafo : looks cute :) and as you said there will probably another YALBA at spring LOL

insomniadreams88
01-12-16, 01:19 PM
My first attempt:
Frostfang x Lightning Leopard=17:01:30?

31aug2002
01-12-16, 01:23 PM
I love this pretty creature. My first attempt will have to be in the morning as there Knitten kitten on the nest and the Snowmantee in the den!!

alelie89
01-12-16, 01:26 PM
Wow, this fox is gorgeous! I really hope I get it.
My first attempt with a Lighting Leopard and a Frostfang is a Conducktor.

Good luck to everyone trying to breed this animal. :)

noemata
01-12-16, 01:28 PM

16 hrs

Drachenia
01-12-16, 01:34 PM
I have no luck, I breed with Sapphire Cthulhu / Citrine Peregrin and got Conducktor and Sapphire Cthulhu. I have bought the Winter Equifox.
I have gone through the 45-hour timer, 90 hours I would need for the attempt for Winter Equifox. Good luck for your breeding
27673 27764

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160112/y8wi7pb5.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)

ogreve
01-12-16, 01:41 PM
Wow, everything is beautiful about this animal (except for the Conducktor fails ;) ). Just look at that egg!
Gotta have one!

AuroraLava
01-12-16, 01:43 PM
This is a cute animal so I will attempt to get it. I have 6 hours left on Snowmanatee (I am so happy I got that one) so I will try to breed in a little while.

Attempt 1: Falconch 4 + Beever 5=Conducktor
Attempt 2: Gummi Bear 4 +Falconch 4 = Conducktor!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attempt 3: Beever 7 + Frostfang 15= Connnnnnnnnducktorrrrrrrr.
Attempt 4: Frostfang 15 + Lightning Leopard 15 = Senor Conducktorio.
Attempt 5: Crystal Unicorn 12 + Falconch 4= La Conducktoria :-) I will try breeding for something else.

Attempt break: Skyger + Pandaffodil in hopes of Aurora Pegasus = Planther

Attempt 6: Conductor 4 + Conductor 4 (from the 5 attempts above)= 16 hrs.

Put Gretel on the nest and said 'this attempt can't be more than 6 hours right?
Attempt 7: Conducktor 4 + Crystal Unicorn 12 = 45 hours!!!!!!! So Sapphire Cthulhu or Citrine Peregrine yaaaaay. I don't need the nest for a while since I have not gotten to Chp 2 of the Tales yet and we need to hatch in Chp 3.

sweetdeda
01-12-16, 01:55 PM
It's beautiful, and one YALBA, I most definitely want!

Congrats to those that have bred him so fast and good luck to all!

mrhammy48
01-12-16, 02:00 PM
Is this the only 16 hr outcome? If so I got him first try crystal unicorn and conductor. *fingers crossed*

Drachenia
01-12-16, 02:04 PM
Is this the only 16 hr outcome? If so I got him first try crystal unicorn and conductor. *fingers crossed*

It is Beever or Winter Equifox

mrhammy48
01-12-16, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=Drachenia;1234513]It is Beever or Winter Equifox[/QUOTE

That's good for me either way!

Thanks!!

Sandybellee
01-12-16, 02:12 PM
This one is beautiful! I will try for it with 4-element attempts at first because there are no good lightning-water fails for me.

jojopeanut
01-12-16, 02:14 PM
Off we go my forest yet again busy. Sped up nutcracker hatching now evolving. Candy Crane on nest now breeding this or trying..fun lo

1st attempt l3HR fail Crystal unicorn with charger.

Scangelina
01-12-16, 02:49 PM
THIS IS SOOO BEAUTIFUL! Gotta have it. I got lucky & bred Knitten Kitten & Snowmanatee on the1st day they were each released. My 1st breeding attempt with Hippogryph & Frostfang is 16hrs!!! Hope I'm finally having some luck. I noticed Beever is also 16hrs. I hope I have the Winter Equifox. Fingers crossed!!!

Got the Beever, which is ok because it's an animal I didn't have yet. I will try another day or two before I end up getting frustrated & buy this beauty.

1/16/16 After about 4 Conductor fails & a Thunderhawk fail, I combined Beever & Frostfang & got another 16hr timer. I didn't speed up breeding. Got it to the nest & YAY!!! Got the Winter Equifox egg!!! I'm Sooo happy. I was going to buy it if I had to. At least I can save my gems now. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL TRYING!

Ratisorn
01-12-16, 03:14 PM
My combo

SmaugyHobit
01-12-16, 03:44 PM
Just got this beautiful fox with Crystal Unicorn x Conductor!!

sweetdeda
01-12-16, 04:40 PM
16 hours first try! Could it be? Please let it! Oh I don't know if I can wait to find out!

Buttercup0001
01-12-16, 05:52 PM
I bred my Lightning Leopard with my Sapphire Cthulhu and got a 16hr timer. Hoping it's the Winter Equifox.

calvinxx
01-12-16, 06:21 PM
This guy is beautiful! I'm interested to know the feeding costs on him.

I also hope they release a Snowy Mountain habitat that I could put him and the Winter Lamb in! Or an Ice Crystal habitat. They could house Water/Electric/Dark

mrhammy48
01-12-16, 06:51 PM
My first attempt:

Falconch

sweetdeda
01-12-16, 07:52 PM
Very anxious to see if I got Winter Equifox I had to speed. So shocked that I got it first try. Pearl Peryton and lightning is the combo I used. Good luck everyone! I'm so excited I have free breeding for a few days! Off to try for some gem hybrids. Here's hoping my luck continues.

ninasidstorm8
01-12-16, 08:05 PM
Very anxious to see if I got Winter Equifox I had to speed. So shocked that I got it first try. Pearl Peryton and lightning is the combo I used. Good luck everyone! I'm so excited I have free breeding for a few days! Off to try for some gem hybrids. Here's hoping my luck continues.

Congratulations!!!

cardinalpsy
01-13-16, 03:53 AM
Got this beautiful creature with frostfang and citrine peregrin on fourth attempt last night. I'm attempting to breed for another one. Best of luck to everyone trying for it.:)

sweetdeda
01-13-16, 04:24 AM
Congratulations!!!

Thank you! I'm so excited, Winter Equifox is beautifull.

Scribbles138
01-13-16, 05:00 AM
My first attempt using parents that could result in either this or the Snowmanatee resulted in the Snowmanatee. :D. Second result using my Pearl Peryton and lightning leopard and I got the 17:01 timer, so a long falconch fail.

Drachenia
01-13-16, 05:21 AM

Congratulations sweetdeda to Winter Equifox :D

Drachenia
01-13-16, 05:23 AM
Got this beautiful creature with frostfang and citrine peregrin on fourth attempt last night. I'm attempting to breed for another one. Best of luck to everyone trying for it.:)

Congratulations to Winter Equifox Cardinalpsy :D

ogreve
01-13-16, 07:14 AM
First two tries are Conducktors.
Long fails with this combination.
If I can't breed the fox I hope for a Hippogryph fail which is the only other (permanent) animal I still need from this combo....
Earlier this morning I got just that on my secondary account! I wouldn't exactly mind one of those for my main account either, even if the 22 hours time it takes is a very long wait. :P

jojopeanut
01-13-16, 09:56 AM
Oh I can't believe my luck 16HRS 2nd attempt with lightning leopard and FrostFang.

natxjkkggg
01-13-16, 10:53 AM
It also Could be a beaver!Like me.

calvinxx
01-13-16, 11:28 AM
Got a 16 hours last night with Peryton and Leopard and sped this morning to find a Beever. This game is so disappointing sometimes

LonePudding
01-13-16, 11:39 AM
Just got 16 hours on my second try with Crystal Unicorn x Falconch. I doubt it's the fox though since I bred the Knitten Kitten so easily.

Congrats to everyone who has been successful breeding this beauty already!

Mercyfalls78
01-13-16, 11:54 AM
Yay! First try with Aquatter + Bansheep.

epinederose
01-13-16, 12:40 PM
My first attempt:

me too, 17h01:30........ Frostfang x Lightning Leopard.....what is this new breeding time ??????

Clark_Wayne
01-13-16, 12:40 PM
my baby account just finished a breeding when the new animal popped up. i put frostfang with lightning Leopard and got 13h..
is it the winter equifox ?

edit : checked the breeding list .. conducktor :(

agreed with you olafo : looks cute :) and as you said there will probably another YALBA at spring LOL

my baby account got 16h on 2nd try :) fingers crossed ;)

LonePudding
01-13-16, 12:43 PM
me too, 17h01:30........ Frostfang x Lightning Leopard.....what is this new breeding time ??????

Its a Falconch. It's always had this time but I'm not sure why :confused:

31aug2002
01-13-16, 12:47 PM
1st 2 attempts ... Conducktors.... bleh!!!!

ogreve
01-13-16, 01:08 PM
Bah, I just made my 3rd breeding and it's a third Conducktor....
Boring...
I really want to get a Winterfox and/or finally the Hippogryph or a good gem hybrid of course, let's hope something gives soon, these Conducktor fails are close to being equally numbing as Koala or Armordillo fails

sweetypies97
01-13-16, 01:24 PM
iphone (crystal unicorn + great danebow)
13 hours - conducktor
13 hours - conducktor
13 hours - conducktor
13 hours - conducktor
13 hours

iPad (crystal unicorn + confetti yeti)
13 hours - conducktor
16 hours - beever (new for me)
13 hours

Is there another animal with a 16 hour breed time? If not, I think I got it!

Buttercup0001
01-13-16, 01:36 PM
I bred my Lightning Leopard with my Sapphire Cthulhu and got a 16hr timer. Hoping it's the Winter Equifox.

It's WAS a Winter Equifox. That's a rarity for me breeding an animal first go.

Congrats to those lucky enough to have bred it and good luck for those still trying.

ninasidstorm8
01-13-16, 02:20 PM
It's WAS a Winter Equifox. That's a rarity for me breeding an animal first go.

Congrats to those lucky enough to have bred it and good luck for those still trying.

Congratulations!!!

LonePudding
01-13-16, 02:26 PM
Is there another animal with a 16 hour breed time? If not, I think I got it!

The Winter Equifox unfortunately shares it's time with the Beever, which is rare. I got 16 hours too. Good luck to both of us!

Congrats Buttercup!

jojopeanut
01-13-16, 08:07 PM
The Winter Equifox unfortunately shares it's time with the Beever, which is rare. I got 16 hours too. Good luck to both of us!

Congrats Buttercup!
Me 3 hope our 16HRS. Is it!!!

EDIT: Yes I got it sped up last 3 HRS of breeding!!! And 3 bombs, good luck hope yours is it too :)
Also this is perfect think I'll halt anymore breeding for the moment I don't want any long fails with a new storybook most likely to start Friday.

ogreve
01-14-16, 03:31 AM
I had so much hoped on an early success, or a Hippogryph fail, but alas, I've just hit my fourth consecutive Conducktor....
Yippee (not), now I have to wait 13 hours again before I can put in another attempt, and... tomorrow I'm going to have to be a bit careful in terms of blocking the nest with a long fail, as we're about 99% certain to be getting a new storybook, in all likelihood we should then tomorrow also get the first animal it gives, and I want to hatch and raise that one asap.

Clark_Wayne
01-14-16, 04:21 AM
my baby account got 16h on 2nd try :) fingers crossed ;)

youpi ! winter equifox ! (happy dance)

sweetdeda
01-14-16, 04:44 AM
Happy to see so many getting the Winter Equifox, it's so beautiful, for those still trying, good luck to you!

LonePudding
01-14-16, 09:55 AM
Me 3 hope our 16HRS. Is it!!!

EDIT: Yes I got it sped up last 3 HRS of breeding!!! And 3 bombs, good luck hope yours is it too :)
Also this is perfect think I'll halt anymore breeding for the moment I don't want any long fails with a new storybook most likely to start Friday.

Congratulations! Such a pretty animal to get! Mine was a Beever, followed by a Conducktor :( Not giving up yet!

Scribbles138
01-14-16, 12:38 PM
I received a 16 hour timer yesterday, so I'll find out in about 2 hours if mine is a Beever or this guy...Fingers crossed!

Shadifern
01-14-16, 07:06 PM
I might buy it...

Scribbles138
01-14-16, 07:06 PM
I received a 16 hour timer yesterday, so I'll find out in about 2 hours if mine is a Beever or this guy...Fingers crossed!

Annnnd...Beever. :(

ninasidstorm8
01-14-16, 07:51 PM
Three tries for the Winter Equifox have resulted in 3 Conductors. The last one will hit the nest about 6 hours before the next update. Even though I expect a new Storybook tomorrow, I will make another attempt when the latest Conductor is finished. Normally the first day of the Storybook we get an animal as a prize that needs to be hatched an raised to level 4 on the second day. Even if I get a 22 hour fail, I believe that I shouldn't have any trouble keeping pace.

31aug2002
01-14-16, 09:34 PM
After 4 consecutive Conducktor fails got a 16 hr timer with spark shark and charger doing their bit in the den!!
Fingers crossed hoping for the elusive fox!!

ogreve
01-15-16, 04:21 AM
I'm still stuck on Conducktors. So boring. 5 seconds of a thrill and then up pops another 13 hour timer, and that's the "high" of the FFS day...
6 consecutive Conducktors, 78 wasted hours of den/nest time. Spin to Win on the main account has only given coins and food on the first 3 spins. I'd love a Toronado though. I really hope tonight's update is a very cool one, as I could really use a nice break in this game.

Drachenia
01-15-16, 04:35 AM
Three tries for the Winter Equifox have resulted in 3 Conductors. The last one will hit the nest about 6 hours before the next update. Even though I expect a new Storybook tomorrow, I will make another attempt when the latest Conductor is finished. Normally the first day of the Storybook we get an animal as a prize that needs to be hatched an raised to level 4 on the second day. Even if I get a 22 hour fail, I believe that I shouldn't have any trouble keeping pace.

Congratulations to Hippogryph Ninasidstorm

Clark_Wayne
01-15-16, 06:26 AM
I'm still stuck on Conducktors. So boring. 5 seconds of a thrill and then up pops another 13 hour timer, and that's the "high" of the FFS day...
6 consecutive Conducktors, 78 wasted hours of den/nest time. Spin to Win on the main account has only given coins and food on the first 3 spins. I'd love a Toronado though. I really hope tonight's update is a very cool one, as I could really use a nice break in this game.

my baby account got it in 2nd try but my main account still can't get it ! already 5-6 conducktors fails :( sigh
my spins are not better than you , though i only want the grand prize (that my baby account spun the 1st day arggg! )

mrhammy48
01-15-16, 06:54 AM
It is Beever or Winter Equifox

No equifox. In fact bred two Beevers in a row.

Sandybellee
01-15-16, 07:18 AM
Congrats to everyone who has got this beauty! The closest I've got is a Beever from my 4-element attempts. I may just buy this one if I can't breed it. If the sale continues that is.

31aug2002
01-15-16, 10:35 AM
After 4 consecutive Conducktor fails got a 16 hr timer with spark shark and charger doing their bit in the den!!
Fingers crossed hoping for the elusive fox!!

It's a.... Beever!!!
And the next one cooking is a Falconch .... Both I do not need.

ninasidstorm8
01-15-16, 11:06 AM
Congratulations to Hippogryph Ninasidstorm

Thanks, but I was speculating that a 22 hour timer would be my worst outcome (I already have a Hippogryph). As it turned out, I bred my 4th consecutive Conducktor. Not what I wanted but at least it is the shortest fail.

Silverrain1
01-15-16, 11:51 AM
Been so busy lately, Iv hardly read any posts. Been trying like mad for this fox. Quite a few conductor fails and now both accounts have a 16 hour timer. Really want the fox but I also don't have the beever on either. Can't believe they have the same timer!

RowanaFarrin
01-15-16, 01:24 PM
Been so busy lately, Iv hardly read any posts. Been trying like mad for this fox. Quite a few conductor fails and now both accounts have a 16 hour timer. Really want the fox but I also don't have the beever on either. Can't believe they have the same timer!

After conducktors and falconches, today I got a 16 hour timer too! Of course, it could be the beever and while I don't have one of those yet either, I really really hope it's the fox. Hope we're both lucky!

cheetahblood
01-15-16, 04:34 PM
Does anyone knows if the sale price of 200 gems will continue until the animal expires or change to regular price before it leaves the market?

Silverrain1
01-15-16, 05:19 PM
After conducktors and falconches, today I got a 16 hour timer too! Of course, it could be the beever and while I don't have one of those yet either, I really really hope it's the fox. Hope we're both lucky!

I hope so for you to. 9 hours left to go, that will be over for me waking up in the morning, so then I shall find out what I managed to get! Really hope it's the fox.

Scribbles138
01-15-16, 06:54 PM
Best "fail" I've had in a while...22 hour Hippogryph, a new one for me!

Silverrain1
01-16-16, 03:08 AM

Well, I wasn't lucky. It was a beever, I can't complain tho, cos I don't have this one but I really want the fox. Have u had any luck?

RowanaFarrin
01-16-16, 03:46 AM
Well, I wasn't lucky. It was a beever, I can't complain tho, cos I don't have this one but I really want the fox. Have u had any luck?

Beever for me too, I'm afraid. :/ I don't have it either, but I did really want the fox as well.

Can any of the admins or anyone confirm if the fox is truly limited or not? Cause the last two animals that appeared limited, turned out to not actually be limited. Be nice to know if I can still try for this one after the sale is over.

kuppikahvia
01-16-16, 06:03 AM
And my bad luck spree continues, the 16h count turned out to be a beever as well :((
It's really not my... couple of months? as far as limited animals are concerned.

Sandybellee
01-16-16, 07:08 AM
Still no luck with this one (or anything new for me) but I just got a Glacial Griffin. I have one on level 15 and he was my very first super rare animal. This is only the second Griffin I've ever bred so I'm pretty happy with it. :)

kittenthief
01-16-16, 08:02 AM
Just got another yalba hahaha. I'm about to hatch the winter equifox in a couple of hours. xD

Splashy81
01-16-16, 09:33 AM
L/10 Confettii Yeti x L/4 Great Danebow bred this beauty in my forest! I'm excited to get a limited creature! I've missed out on several of the last ones...

Scribbles138
01-16-16, 05:21 PM
Do we know if "limited" in this case means the animal or just the sale price? How can you tell the difference? I thought the Knitten Kitten and the Snowmanatee were limited animals, but it seems the limited tag meant the price as they're both available in the shop.

stefen35
01-16-16, 06:13 PM
got beever then try again with the same combo and got 16 hours

ogreve
01-17-16, 03:12 PM
Ufff after 8 consecutive Conducktors, then a Grassquatch (trying for a Plantlers for the Storybook) and then a Plantlers, I quickly put in another gem-water-electric breeding and... Lo and behold! I finally got the sought after 16 hour timer!
I sure hope it doesn't bring bad karma to write about that prematurely... I can now either get one of the prettiest FFS animals (i.e. the Winter Equifox) or... the one I voted to be the #1 ugliest FFS animal ever; the grotesque Beever.
Just in case, I'd better expect the worst and hope for the best. Maybe as a precaution I'll wrap my phone in protective material, as seeing a Beever egg go to the nest may get me to throw my phone out of the window....:eek:

federerGOAT
01-17-16, 04:47 PM
Urghh.
Have a 22 hr hippogryph fail.
As if this animal did not give me enough fits in the flash tournament!
Now this is going to throw my story book strategies out of wack.

mrhammy48
01-17-16, 07:30 PM
4 Beevers and counting plus numerous conductors. I thought I might buy this one if I didn't breed him but decided against it since he really looks like a frost fang clone. I might save my gems for habitats.

alelie89
01-17-16, 07:55 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I'm hoping that the "limited" refers to the price and that this will be another new animal. I'm still deciding if I should spend the 200 gems for this. It's so cute.

ogreve
01-18-16, 01:57 AM
Well, I almost can't believe it...
I GOT IT!!!
And... it *really* couldn't have come at a better time!

It even gives me some free breeding time, which I intend to spend in a "funny way", i.e. a way that perhaps not many people would choose.
First, I wanted to give a shot at trying for the Snowmanatee (just in case it disappears after all) throwing gem into the mix of course, knowing that a 5 hour Rainguin would be the most likely outcome. As we need one for the Storybook, at this time that's not a bad fail. After that, my nest time will be short. I want to make the next breedings simply some shots at gem + some single element. Most likely gem - earth or gem - water.
The rationale? It sees to it that I don't have a long timer on the nest and in the den when tomorrow's update comes around, and it gives a bit more action in this game, as well as -hopefully- some better chances at breeding a gem hybrid. I'm kinda game for trying for an Obsidian Cyclops, I think (maybe not on the overnight breeding). Whatever the outcomes, it shall be refreshing to do this, instead of working with all these long timers.
First attempt: yep, the 5 hours of the Rainguin, so that at least goes pretty much "according to plan". :P

Sandybellee
01-18-16, 02:43 AM
I GOT IT!!!

It even gives me some free breeding time, which I intend to spend in a "funny way", i.e. a way that perhaps not many people would choose.
First, I wanted to give a shot at trying for the Snowmanatee (just in case it disappears after all) throwing gem into the mix of course, knowing that a 5 hour Rainguin would be the most likely outcome. As we need one for the Storybook, at this time that's not a bad fail. After that, my nest time will be short. I want to make the next breedings simply some shots at gem + some single element. Most likely gem - earth or gem - water.
The rationale? It sees to it that I don't have a long timer on the nest and in the den when tomorrow's update comes around, and it gives a bit more action in this game, as well as -hopefully- some better chances at breeding a gem hybrid. I'm kinda game for trying for an Obsidian Cyclops, I think (maybe not on the overnight breeding). Whatever the outcomes, it shall be refreshing to do this, instead of working with all these long timers.
First attempt: yep, the 5 hours of the Rainguin, so that at least goes pretty much "according to plan". :P

Congrats!!! So glad you got it! :) I'm seriously considering buying this one... I think it is truly a limited animal and won't stay around after tomorrow's update. It has that very special limited feel to it. But I'm worried that buying it will affect my breeding luck negatively... We'll see.

stefen35
01-18-16, 06:40 AM
wow i got three beever :( now another 16 hours

ogreve
01-18-16, 06:52 AM
Congrats!!! So glad you got it! :) I'm seriously considering buying this one... I think it is truly a limited animal and won't stay around after tomorrow's update. It has that very special limited feel to it. But I'm worried that buying it will affect my breeding luck negatively... We'll see.

Thanks!!
Words cannot express HOW glad I am that it was not a Beever egg that went to the nest, but the Fox's one. :D
I hope you too get it!
I don't know exactly if there's truth to the assumption that buying animals negatively influences breeding "luck" (or better put: "results") or not. Zenobia was *quite* convinced that after she had bought some animals her account was added to a kind of "limited animal infertility list" or so. If so then it's certainly not the case for ALL players. There are plenty of players who have bought animals and still manage to breed limited ones too. Same for me. I gem-bought some on sale (QQ, Magnetic Mouse, Mamaroo) and also bought my two Unicorns as value pack, but I did manage to breed several limiteds (and also ultra rares) after those acquisitions.
I must say that for this animal I too was considering buying it if I hadn't bred it. I'm not sure if I really would have done that, but I definitely was considering it.

RowanaFarrin
01-18-16, 07:20 AM
Thanks!!
Words cannot express HOW glad I am that it was not a Beever egg that went to the nest, but the Fox's one. :D
I hope you too get it!
I don't know exactly if there's truth to the assumption that buying animals negatively influences breeding "luck" (or better put: "results") or not. Zenobia was *quite* convinced that after she had bought some animals her account was added to a kind of "limited animal infertility list" or so. If so then it's certainly not the case for ALL players. There are plenty of players who have bought animals and still manage to breed limited ones too. Same for me. I gem-bought some on sale (QQ, Magnetic Mouse, Mamaroo) and also bought my two Unicorns as value pack, but I did manage to breed several limiteds (and also ultra rares) after those acquisitions.
I must say that for this animal I too was considering buying it if I hadn't bred it. I'm not sure if I really would have done that, but I definitely was considering it.

I'm so happy to hear you got it, ogreve!! Especially since so many people, including myself, were getting beevers instead.

Since I got a sale today (I swear the game knows just when to tempt me with sales); I broke down and bought the fox this morning. I need to start breeding things for the storybook anyway. I seriously love foxes and this ones design was just too pretty! I'll feel silly if it turns out to not be truly limited again like the Knitten Kitten, but at least it will be joining my forest soon. ^_^

I've heard people talk about negative breeding luck after buying things, but I myself haven't really noticed it. I was able to breed several limited animals after buying gems for black friday and christmas. Maybe not every single one, but still enough to keep me happy!

I do hope everyone still trying for this one gets lucky! Having sometimes gotten limited animals at the very last minute, I know it can be possible!

ninasidstorm8
01-18-16, 08:21 AM
I GOT IT!!!

Congratulations, I hope your good fortune continues.

ninasidstorm8
01-18-16, 08:48 AM
After using two breeding attempts to get a Plantlers for the Storybook Adventure, I went back to trying for the Winter Equifox and bred another Conductor. I should get two more shots at it before tomorrow's update. It has been very difficult for me to breed new Super Rares lately. I have bred two Super Rares this year. Both were animals I have many of already, with the Grassquatch going for the Storybook Plantler being particularly disappointing since I would have been trying for the Winter Equifox, if not for the Storybook.

Hoping for a change in luck soon.

flowless
01-18-16, 10:09 AM
I wish the size of this animal could be adjusted , its too small in relation to the other animals

Doompicnic
01-18-16, 10:50 AM
I can't believe I got this today! I was about to give up.

belarica
01-18-16, 01:26 PM
After two beevers, this foxie is hatching in my forest :)

ogreve
01-18-16, 02:58 PM
I wish the size of this animal could be adjusted , its too small in relation to the other animals

This seems to be a new trend. All (or only "most"?) of the new animals appear to be tiny. I *think* (but I'm not sure) that it may have been done with the 4-element habitats in mind. Those can look REALLY full when there are 4 big animals in them...

kuppikahvia
01-18-16, 03:46 PM
2nd 16 hr count in the den... fingers crossed... ;)
Hoping to be joining the club soon after all...

MaribouMay
01-18-16, 04:34 PM
I am very happy to hear that some have been able to breed this beauty. I have had non-stop 13 hour timers, except for a few 17 hour timers. After non-stop fails trying for Knitten Kitten, this is getting pretty old.

LonePudding
01-18-16, 05:13 PM
Probably won't breed this one with only one try left before it leaves. I didn't get my Hippogryph fail either :(

Scribbles138
01-18-16, 08:18 PM
Just got another 16 hour timer! Praying is not another Beever! Should know just a bit before the update tomorrow. :D

Sandybellee
01-19-16, 01:59 AM
Hoping your timers are the Equifox! I was not able to breed her (been doing only 4-element attempts so not very surprising).

What is increasingly annoying however is that I've not bred anything new with my combo although there are about 10 animals I need from it and I've been trying for weeks now! It's annoying enough that I probably won't buy the fox anyway. Especially since it's smaller compared to other animals.

kuppikahvia
01-19-16, 02:35 AM
And... no, obviously another beever :'(
The awful luck streak goes on and on...

ogreve
01-19-16, 02:41 AM
And... no, obviously another beever :'(
The awful luck streak goes on and on...

I'm so sorry to hear that; a fail is one thing, but to be getting the ugliest FFS animal of all as a fail is terrible. It's very much like those horrible 17 hour April Fool fails we both used to get when breeding for the third trio animals with the dreaded fire-earth combo...:O

There's a few hours left! I hope more players will luck out and that they manage to breed it in the nick of time. I've got a gut feeling that this animal WILL leave the shop tonight.
Interestingly enough though, by all means the Knitten Kitten and Snowmanatee were also really marked as limited animals in all respects. Maybe TL picked up on our "YALBA weariness complaints" and decided to give us a break by letting them stay available permanently, or at least longer than their 1 week timer suggested.

ninasidstorm8
01-19-16, 08:00 AM
I got a 16 hour timer yesterday that hit the nest this morning and as I expected it was a Beever egg. I decided to put in one more attempt rather than try for something with shorter fails to keep the den free for the update. It resulted in one last Conductor. If the fox leaves today as expected, I will have missed out on both animals leaving the forest this year. not a great start to 2016.

AliceWinter24
01-19-16, 08:31 AM
I have to decide between one more breeding attempt, or buy it, since I can't buy it if the nest isn't free, like in Dragon Story.

stefen35
01-19-16, 08:32 AM
got 5 beever :( :mad:

calvinxx
01-19-16, 08:53 AM
got 5 beever :( :mad:

Me too!!! Four in a row!!! I got a 16 hour timer last night and waited till this morning to speed and then got a Beever, decided to try once more and see if I got a 16 hour again, I did. Three more times in a row!! All Beevers. So then I just bought the fox. I don't like to think these things are rigged but out of 4 16 hour timers in a row it really gets frustrating

31aug2002
01-19-16, 09:19 AM
With just a few hours to go for the next update, I decided to do some speed breeding to get the elusive winter Equifox.
So I sped the remaining 5 yrs of the Conducktor in the nest and also the remaining 5 hrs of the one cooking in the den.
I put in the charger and Crystal unicorn in and got a 22 hr fail AAARRGGH !!! I already have a hippogryph . I don't mind another one but I don't have the space for it....
:(:(:(:(

Scribbles138
01-19-16, 11:14 AM
Just got another 16 hour timer! Praying is not another Beever! Should know just a bit before the update tomorrow. :D

Mine turned out to be another Beever. I was considering putting in one last attempt, but have decided not to and will maintain focus on the Storybook. I'm hoping that this guy goes the same way as the Knitten Kitten and Snowmanatee and that it's just the price that is limited, not the animal itself. We'll know in a little bit I guess.

LonePudding
01-19-16, 11:30 AM
Mine turned out to be another Beever. I was considering putting in one last attempt, but have decided not to and will maintain focus on the Storybook. I'm hoping that this guy goes the same way as the Knitten Kitten and Snowmanatee and that it's just the price that is limited, not the animal itself. We'll know in a little bit I guess.

I'm not sure if TL would give us three "permanent" animals in a row. But we can only hope.

Sandybellee
01-19-16, 12:02 PM
And it's gone! Congrats to everyone who got it! And let's hope it comes back one day for the rest of us. :)

31aug2002
01-19-16, 01:01 PM
Well I did not want to miss this one as I loved the animal !! So I made an exception and bought it!! I know it's not the same as breeding but I am so thrilled to see the egg in the nest.
And as we have a new gem hybrid ... My first attempt will have to be in the morning.... Aaahhh the wait!!

ogreve
01-19-16, 01:10 PM
I'm not surprised to see this one indeed getting pulled from the store. The splash screen was quite explicit about the animal being limited, but then, TL at times goofs up details on the splash screen.
@31aug2002: I can definitely understand you buying it, it's a really pretty animal. I'm glad I managed to breed mine. Had that not been the case I just might have made that same exception too for this one...

SmaugyHobit
01-19-16, 02:11 PM
Happy I breed mines, but I really can't wait for some valentines animals ��

MaribouMay
01-19-16, 11:42 PM
Non-stop breeding for Winter Equifox got me nothing but 13 and 17 hour timers. I had one last breeding just before time ran out and miracle of miracles I got a 16 hour timer. I patiently waited for my 13 hour fail to finish on the nest and used 3 gems to finish the breeding. Not quite a miracle after all as it was a Beever. :-/ At least it is a fail I didn't have yet.