PDA

View Full Version : Which Super Rare (or even Ultra rare) Dragons are Common on your Island? Come Share!

blackeneddove
01-10-16, 09:57 AM
I started a thread a month ago to see which Rare dragons people still can't seem to breed no matter how easy it would seem, especially for players that have been playing a long time. Seems like once someone has been playing for a year they would have most of the "rare" dragons, but that's not always the case!

MaribouMay had a great idea to start a "sister" thread to that one to see which Super Rare dragons seem "common" on your island.

Are there any "super rare" dragons that you wish you'd never breed again?? Or even Ultra Rares that are starting to seem common-place?

I will try not to get jaded if anyone actually has ultra's that they're sick of lol ;) but feel free to share if there is a certain "Super Rare" dragon that every time you breed one it's just so annoying... Maybe we can help other players who wish they could breed just one!

(Not for actual Common dragons - we are all annoyed by them when they pop up in droves ;) )

blackeneddove
01-10-16, 10:02 AM
For me, If I never bred a Landworm again, it would be too soon... I've probably bred 30 of those things in the last year. Maybe more! I've definitely lost count. At first I couldn't breed one, but once I did they seemed to never go away...lol

Other Super Rares that I've bred at least (or more than) 3 of include Parakeet, Cupcake, Atlantis, Blue Moon, and Winter Rose.

hiabarara
01-10-16, 10:07 AM
For me it's Aether and Landworm. I only now figured out they're super rare because I took a look at the super rare dragons :D I always thought Landworm is common and Aether is rare.

MaribouMay
01-10-16, 10:15 AM
Landworm, Parakeet, Blue Moon, and Winter Rose are all on the list for me. I also seem to get a fair number of Aether, Dark Phoenix, Honeybee, and Leopard.

editted to add: Sandybellee reminded me of Social! How could I forget Social!

dylis007
01-10-16, 10:21 AM
Mine are landworm kitsune and scorpion

Sandybellee
01-10-16, 10:25 AM
Social!!! This one truly lives up to its name because they seem to come in herds... I've traded or sold at least 7 in the last few months.

Then there's Clown. I never wanted even one and I keep getting them at steady intervals.

Leopard is also making its way to this list for me.

Edit: Another Clown on the nest right now! Grrr!

Bastiaan0
01-10-16, 10:27 AM
Just checked my breeding statistics: Social (14 times) and Clown (13 times) are on top of the list. 9 of the Socials and all Clowns I got trying to breed Diamond Prism.
Rest of the list continues with Atlantis(8), Leopard(8), Blue Moon(7), Aether(5), Dark Phoenix(5), Landworm(5), Mistmoth(5), Honeybee(4) and Scorpion(3).
And then there are 17 more I only bred once or twice.
Ultra Rares tend to elude my island, I've bred 9 of those with only one duplicate Angel.

belarica
01-10-16, 11:23 AM
Landworm and clockwork, I am so tired of their eggs.

DeeDe99
01-10-16, 02:26 PM
Remembering that I haven't yet been playing 6 months, I've been trading Parakeets, Clowns, Socials and Cupcakes. Had not seen sight nor sign of a Clown, then bred 3 in two days. I've traded a couple of Landworms. I dare not put a Diamond with anything red or I get Crusader. Crusader loves me.

blackeneddove
01-10-16, 07:40 PM
Remembering that I haven't yet been playing 6 months, I've been trading Parakeets, Clowns, Socials and Cupcakes. Had not seen sight nor sign of a Clown, then bred 3 in two days. I've traded a couple of Landworms. I dare not put a Diamond with anything red or I get Crusader. Crusader loves me.

LOL! That's funny. I forgot to mention diamond. With 4 now, I don't really think I need another and have more than I could have ever imagined when I first started playing this game. I also have 2 crusaders. I can't imagine getting more of those, too. Ugh... I don't envy your island right now DeeDe99. And I thought landworm fails were bad. lol

But sure enough, whenever Red & Green are present, I will get at least one of them. Especially if Pink & Green are present. :/ I've gotten at least 15 of them while trying for Divine alone. Several more with trying for
Winter Lily.

At least the fail times are shorter than Crusader. Still annoying though. :)

Anaboe
01-11-16, 01:12 PM
Social, Atlantis, Blue Moon, Aether, Landworm, Mistmoth, Forestfire.

And Mercury's, lots of Mercury's. Can't breed another Diamond-hybrid if my life depended on it, but Mercury LOVES my island...

blackeneddove
01-11-16, 02:59 PM

And Mercury's, lots of Mercury's. Can't breed another Diamond-hybrid if my life depended on it, but Mercury LOVES my island...

I'll take one! lol :D

DeeDe99
01-11-16, 11:40 PM

We should swap Crusaders and Mercurys. Actually Gold quite likes my island too.

MaribouMay
01-12-16, 12:19 AM

I can't breed Mercury and I have been trying! Luckily for you, it is a very short fail.

stefen35
01-12-16, 08:46 AM
i could get diamond hybrids duplicate like 3 anubis ,2 unicorn,and four mercury lol :b but i cant get the rest diamond hybrids that i need :(
prime eternal,DA,Angel,astromancer,diamond prism,and prism
try hard for them but still no luck

Natasha_07
01-12-16, 08:58 AM
Parakeets & Landworms.

After +3 years still can't breed a diamond, I see most of you have way better luck than me.

Xyn25
01-12-16, 10:31 AM
Landworm and Lacewing just love my island. Also Kitsune and Black Swan.
I'll take a Mercury and Crusader anytime :D wouldn't it just be great if we could trade our dragons between us?

blackeneddove
01-12-16, 11:35 AM
Landworm and Lacewing just love my island. Also Kitsune and Black Swan.
I'll take a Mercury and Crusader anytime :D wouldn't it just be great if we could trade our dragons between us?

Haha- it sure would! But the game company would never make any money that way. :rolleyes:

blackeneddove
01-12-16, 11:35 AM
Just checked my breeding statistics: Social (14 times) and Clown (13 times) are on top of the list. 9 of the Socials and all Clowns I got trying to breed Diamond Prism.
Rest of the list continues with Atlantis(8), Leopard(8), Blue Moon(7), Aether(5), Dark Phoenix(5), Landworm(5), Mistmoth(5), Honeybee(4) and Scorpion(3).
And then there are 17 more I only bred once or twice.
Ultra Rares tend to elude my island, I've bred 9 of those with only one duplicate Angel.

Wow - 14 socials?!? You sure have a lot of patience...I sure hope you've now gotten a Diamond Prism for all your efforts! :)

amerirish
01-12-16, 11:52 AM
I mostly get Rare or Common fails, but these Super Rares tend to pop up quite frequently for me: Goodwitch, Hippogriff, Social & Winter Rose :(

blackeneddove
01-12-16, 12:01 PM
I mostly get Rare or Common fails, but these Super Rares tend to pop up quite frequently for me: Goodwitch, Hippogriff, Social & Winter Rose :(

Oooh... I've never bred a Goodwitch. Do you have a good combo for one?

Bastiaan0
01-12-16, 12:03 PM
Wow - 14 socials?!? You sure have a lot of patience...I sure hope you've now gotten a Diamond Prism for all your efforts! :)

You've got to be patient in this game, especially regarding diamonds, or it will cost you a lot of gold...

And I posted this on october 18th last year:

YES, WOOHOO, OMG, HOORAY, FINALLY, NO WAY, CAN'T BELIEVE IT, SCREAMING OUT LOUD...
This early, foggy sunday morning, I put, for the 170th time, Diamond and Rainbow in the den, expecting to get another 14 hours for a Mist dragon...
But NO... I got 27 hours breeding time! Diamond Prism on the way!

;)

amerirish
01-12-16, 12:04 PM

Can't remember what I used when I got this as a fail last time, but I do know that Fire & Metal is a good bet. Thirteen possible outcomes (including one that is a Prime so if you're using parents younger than 15 you only have 12 outcomes). I really hope you get one :) she's soooo cute!

Bastiaan0
01-12-16, 12:09 PM
Got mine a long time ago with Virtue and Water. And one fail from Metal and Turkey.

blackeneddove
01-13-16, 09:18 AM
Oh! I also forgot to mention Peacock, but now that I have another one, my memory has been jogged. I think this is probably my 6th or so Peacock after a year of playing.

I've also had 3 Mistmoths, but since they're one of my favorite dragons I don't consider them annoying. Just painful to not have enough room to keep them all! (I even put a baby one in my storage) lol

blackeneddove
01-13-16, 09:19 AM
Can't remember what I used when I got this as a fail last time, but I do know that Fire & Metal is a good bet. Thirteen possible outcomes (including one that is a Prime so if you're using parents younger than 15 you only have 12 outcomes). I really hope you get one :) she's soooo cute!

Got mine a long time ago with Virtue and Water. And one fail from Metal and Turkey.

Thank you for this! I will definitely try one of these. :D

blackeneddove
01-13-16, 09:29 AM
You've got to be patient in this game, especially regarding diamonds, or it will cost you a lot of gold...

And I posted this on october 18th last year:

;)

WOW!! Boy do I ever know about the wasting gold!! I get so bored when I see those common dragon times pop up on the den that It's hard not to speed breed sometimes. And I'm so gold-poor because of it. :(

Some islands seem to obtain diamonds & diamond hybrids fairly easily (I have a couple neighbors that way), but not my island - so I can totally relate! :) When I have neighbors who "get lucky" and get a Dark Angel on the 2nd try, or Diamond Prism after like 4 tries, or get "fails"... I give up after like 10-11 times of trying for a hybrid out of frustration or boredom. Only to come back later to try for one again and quit after the same cycle of trying. I guess this is why I don't have many diamond hybrids! lol :rolleyes:

I'm so happy for you and your Diamond Prism!! That must have felt SOOO good to finally have happen! :D

I still remember how ecstatic I was when I bred my first Diamond. It was one of the best feelings I'd had in a long time. I'll never forget it. :o

Bastiaan0
01-14-16, 02:11 PM
Blackeneddove, if you remember that feeling, it felt just like that ;)
I was very happy with the Infinity, Mercury and Gold fail while trying, but Diamond Prism really felt like
YES, WOOHOO, OMG, HOORAY, FINALLY, NO WAY, CAN'T BELIEVE IT, SCREAMING OUT LOUD... I was actually screaming out loud! I think it even felt better than breeding Diamond :D

amerirish
01-14-16, 02:34 PM
The first time I saw 44 hours on the timer, I swear I got light headed!! I was in such shock :eek:

mimiamelia
01-14-16, 02:57 PM
Landworm for sure, lol. A lot of socials lately as well

Jackiesq
01-14-16, 03:05 PM
Nymph! (Android only) I got more Nymphs then Fruitfuls... Still missing some rare yellow/greens, but I don't want to try, because of the 18hour fails. 😡

zaccy678
01-14-16, 11:33 PM
I'm another 'Social and Clown' victim :)

Hawk1
01-15-16, 10:32 AM
Landworm and Hippogriff

Simdiva
01-15-16, 11:37 AM
Mine are Social, Landworm, Parakeet, winter Rose, Clown, Leopard, Virtue even tho it's only rare I get them all the time lately. also if I get another Angel or Infinity they are off to the butcher. Diamonds are getting to be in the same category but I am so fond of their look I don't care if I have ten of them. I guess my list is long but I do a lot of breeding!

lindseyny
01-15-16, 04:47 PM
Mine would have to be Fireflower, Quicksilver (especially while I was trying for Goodwitch) and Clown. I have gotten a few Aether's, too, but not in awhile.

Xyn25
04-15-16, 04:31 AM
I'm resurrecting this thread to share that I've just bought the diamond temple and I'm currently breeding my third Black Diamond. That dragon freaking loves me but I can't seem to get a Crusader!

Niire
04-15-16, 04:38 AM
I'm resurrecting this thread to share that I've just bought the diamond temple and I'm currently breeding my third Black Diamond. That dragon freaking loves me but I can't seem to get a Crusader!

I'll trade you! My isle loves crusader but have not managed a black diamond, lol!

DeeDe99
04-15-16, 06:10 AM
I'll trade you! My isle loves crusader but have not managed a black diamond, lol!

Ditto here! !!

JMThrive
04-15-16, 12:16 PM
I got two Valiants after I bought the Diamond Temple. For Crusader you just need lots of time for breeding Diamond and Fire. I was doing 30 minute sessions of breeding them and it took about 4 or 5 of those until I finally got one. Same principle for Quetzal.

blackeneddove
04-17-16, 05:13 AM
Well, I just got my 6th cupcake! Lol :rolleyes:

athenageez
04-18-16, 10:46 AM
Landworm and clockwork, I am so tired of their eggs.

Came here to say these two. Also Social and Scorpion.

patisserieforever
04-18-16, 11:23 AM
I should try a little more to breed Parakeet, Nymph, Fireflower since they seem to be "commons" dragons for some players ! I'm jealous ! When I try Red/Yellow I get firestorm and when I go for Green/Yellow just have tons of Fruitful :(
These one are so cuuute !
No Super rare raining on my island but I just start to play for less than 4 months so maybe it will change with time 😁

Xyn25
04-19-16, 05:51 AM
I should try a little more to breed Parakeet, Nymph, Fireflower since they seem to be "commons" dragons for some players ! I'm jealous ! When I try Red/Yellow I get firestorm and when I go for Green/Yellow just have tons of Fruitful :(
These one are so cuuute !
No Super rare raining on my island but I just start to play for less than 4 months so maybe it will change with time 😁

What tends to happen is, a dragon seems impossible to breed until you finally get one and then you get three in a row! Happened to me with Ambassador, LOL

DeeDe99
04-21-16, 12:35 AM
Mistmoth is becoming common on my island. Didn't get my first until I was over level 150, now I'm getting them as Valiant fails. *sigh*

PinkBubbles75
04-21-16, 05:36 PM
Clown and celestial. It's like once I get a "new" dragon for the first time, I tend to get it more often

Niire
04-21-16, 06:29 PM
When i was trying for toxic, every single one of the 15 hr timers I got was atlantis, lol. I think in total in all the time i have been playing, i've gotten at least eleventy billion of those...

Simdiva
04-25-16, 10:35 AM
Believe it or not Infinity is common for me I gave bred eight of them now p,us five crusaders and I think six Angels. I thought I would never sell a diamond off the nest but have started doing so, enough is enough already. besides that, landworm I see almost every time I put red and green together unless it's a life. ditto parakeet unless it's fruitful. those are hardly duper are but they sure are useful lol. and oh yes the social butterfly, who can forget that but I rarely out blue and yellow together these days unless I am breeding rainbow in the hunt for triple or rainbow prism which I do often since the only dragons I really need now are my four remaining dragons and the super rare Dino's. Incredibly I have all the other breed ablest except a few metals which I don't care about much.

amerirish
04-26-16, 11:34 AM
I've been trying for Valiant as much as possible since it's release and I simply cannot get one :(

Elspelsie
04-29-16, 08:08 AM
If I ever breed another Landworm or Social dragon again.........

Bastiaan0
04-29-16, 04:24 PM
Clown and celestial. It's like once I get a "new" dragon for the first time, I tend to get it more often

So true... just bred Trickster for the first time, three breeds later again Trickster. Not to mention the 18th Social... :(