PDA

View Full Version : Apple cider or Lemon pie ?

Sabriiinax4
01-09-16, 12:57 PM
Hi !

I am almost to the point where I will have to choose which recipe I would like to learn first between apple cider and lemon pie :

Apple cider = 510 000$ (cinnamon) + 1,000 000 (learn) = 1,510 000$ for ?$/beverage

or

Lemon pie = 1,260 000$ (oven) + 850 000$ (Learn) = 2,110 000$ for 6$/pie

I will have enough money to learn apple cider today but should I wait for lemon pie instead?

CammoAmmo
01-09-16, 01:19 PM
It may be good to have the extra oven for lemon pie as then you can continue to cook Coconut Vanilla Latte on your barista machines, but I think it really just boils down to what you prefer. Both are not bad choices so just weigh what you'd like for your own bakery and decide off of that. Lemon pie is 6 coins but noone knows apple cider (unless laineysmom has learned it but not posted it yet), so if you'd like to take one for the team and learn that you can, or wait for someone else to find out those details and learn lemon pie for the extra appliance and coins.

belizeancharms
01-09-16, 02:08 PM
i would do the more expensive one first...

laineysmom
01-09-16, 05:41 PM
It may be good to have the extra oven for lemon pie as then you can continue to cook Coconut Vanilla Latte on your barista machines, but I think it really just boils down to what you prefer. Both are not bad choices so just weigh what you'd like for your own bakery and decide off of that. Lemon pie is 6 coins but noone knows apple cider (unless laineysmom has learned it but not posted it yet), so if you'd like to take one for the team and learn that you can, or wait for someone else to find out those details and learn lemon pie for the extra appliance and coins.

@Sabriiinax4: I would LOVE it if you learned and shared Apple Cider! But that's my selfish opinion, since I don't want to wait 6-7 more days to find out its earn rate. Purely from a strategic perspective, the barista machine has kind of sucked.. But the coconut vanilla latte keeps it going.. My guess is that based on its ingredients, apple cider will generate 5 MAYBE 6 coins. At least with the lemon pie, you know you'll earn 6 coins.. And the ingredients (other than custard) are always on hand. My pie machine is always running..

@CammoAmmo: No, I haven't learned it yet. After being disappointed with the last few recipes I've unlocked, I spent coins on a cake machine and decorated my bakery. I decided that the barista machine has been a flop when it comes to producing money makers, so I'm taking my chances and still saving for the caramel apple pie. I have a day (maybe a little less) to go before I unlock it. I figure that most recipes that require "homemade" ingredients have had the highest earn rates (peanut butter balls, the cakes, lemon meringue pie), so I'm hoping the pie will be the same. Unless someone posts that the cider is at least 7 coins pp, I'm going to do another expansion since another *raspberry gallette* recipe...

CammoAmmo
01-09-16, 06:40 PM
@CammoAmmo: No, I haven't learned it yet. After being disappointed with the last few recipes I've unlocked, I spent coins on a cake machine and decorated my bakery. I decided that the barista machine has been a flop when it comes to producing money makers, so I'm taking my chances and still saving for the caramel apple pie. I have a day (maybe a little less) to go before I unlock it. I figure that most recipes that require "homemade" ingredients have had the highest earn rates (peanut butter balls, the cakes, lemon meringue pie), so I'm hoping the pie will be the same. Unless someone posts that the cider is at least 7 coins pp, I'm going to do another expansion since another *raspberry gallette* recipe.

That's perfectly understandable! And learning the apple pie will help us out too because we don't know that one either. It's great to have someone so far ahead :)

@Sabriiinax4 Looks like you should go with apple cider only if you want to help us, and pie if you need more coins. Noone will be offended if you choose to learn the pie, and as someone else said it's usually better to go for the more expensive one first and I might be able to learn the cider in a few days. Don't feel obliged to learn it :)

LonePudding
01-09-16, 06:43 PM
I love these comparison threads, they're really helpful :)

Sabriiinax4
01-10-16, 08:32 AM
Hi guys !

Thanks for your feedback. I decide to go with the team and I'll learn Apple Cider so you can update the cookbook and help others :) but I will have to wait a day or two, I thought I only need 40K for Apple Cider but it was 400 000 (So bad with math lol) so this week I will learn it and take print screen for you :)

CammoAmmo
01-10-16, 09:20 AM
Hi guys !

Thanks for your feedback. I decide to go with the team and I'll learn Apple Cider so you can update the cookbook and help others :) but I will have to wait a day or two, I thought I only need 40K for Apple Cider but it was 400 000 (So bad with math lol) so this week I will learn it and take print screen for you :)

Wow, thank you for your sacrifice! :P You are a very kind person to give up weeks of earned money to help us out, thank you!

Sabriiinax4
01-10-16, 11:11 AM
Wow, thank you for your sacrifice! :P You are a very kind person to give up weeks of earned money to help us out, thank you!

Hahaha my pleasure! But since I deleted every 1-2 $ plate, I gain money much faster than before, I am about to also delete 3$ plate but it makes me sad a bit.. Also when you reach higher level you get 300$ from the special customer and 2000$ with to go order, which help too

laineysmom
01-11-16, 12:13 AM
hi guys !

Thanks for your feedback. I decide to go with the team and i'll learn apple cider so you can update the cookbook and help others :) but i will have to wait a day or two, i thought i only need 40k for apple cider but it was 400 000 (so bad with math lol) so this week i will learn it and take print screen for you :)

thank you!

phatzs
01-11-16, 07:09 PM
Hahaha my pleasure! But since I deleted every 1-2 $ plate, I gain money much faster than before, I am about to also delete 3$ plate but it makes me sad a bit.. Also when you reach higher level you get 300$ from the special customer and 2000$ with to go order, which help too

What do you mean when you say you deleted all the low income dishes? How do you do that?

CammoAmmo
01-11-16, 08:47 PM
What do you mean when you say you deleted all the low income dishes? How do you do that?

You have to literally sell the counters they are on as an option to clear counters has not been added yet. Go to design, tap on the counter, and hit delete and confirm. Hopefully you do not have expensive counters; this is why if you choose to keep only 4+ or 3+ coin dishes it is wise to only use the 25 coin counters.

LonePudding
01-11-16, 09:53 PM
You have to literally sell the counters they are on as an option to clear counters has not been added yet. Go to design, tap on the counter, and hit delete and confirm. Hopefully you do not have expensive counters; this is why if you choose to keep only 4+ or 3+ coin dishes it is wise to only use the 25 coin counters.

Ohh! I thought you guys used oven mitts and gems to clear the counters - I would never do that. Thanks for the tip :)

CammoAmmo
01-12-16, 05:05 AM
Ohh! I thought you guys used oven mitts and gems to clear the counters - I would never do that. Thanks for the tip :)

No problem! I don't think I'd get very far with my one oven mitt and 3 gems :P

kooky panda
01-12-16, 10:57 AM
Closing thread since original question has been answered and posts are now getting a little off topic.