PDA

View Full Version : Reduced gold rewards on installing or levelling other S8 games

mylord7
01-08-16, 05:18 PM
About a month ago i read that some players on iOS devices (not all of them) rewarded with less gold either when they installed another S8 game or when they reached the desired level.
This change didn't affect all iOS players. Also, didn't affect android players, until now...

I am an android player and yesterday i decided to install DS Winter Wonderland, but i rewarded with 14 gold instead of 30!
I also was playing Bingo all this time, trying to reach on the final desired Level (25) and unfortunately today when i reached it, i rewarded with only 7 gold instead of 15, despite i have been rewarded with 15 gold when i reached Level 15 about 2 weeks ago. So, all this effort from Level 15 to Level 25 for only 7 golds, without any previous warning of this change!

Then i looked my goals and i found out that the same will happen with Hungry Babies Mania or the Farm Story 2, which are still active!
I attach 2 screenshots of these 2 games to show the reduced rewards:

Is this happening to other android players too?

I also have read in another thread an official reply to an iOS player conerns, which says: "Please note that changes to features or prices may occur as you continue to play the game. We continue to make adjustments to the game's economy and balance to ensure the prolonged quality of the game for both new and existing users".

I don't like bad omens, but i think this is another one! :rolleyes:

By the way, Happy New DS Year!!! :p lol

DeeDe99
01-08-16, 06:00 PM
The answer for me will be simple. I won't download any games. It becomes a question of opportunity cost, after all.

orleansparish
01-08-16, 07:16 PM
This happened for one game I downloaded, but went back to normal on android and when I downloaded RS2 xmas version. But on bakery story 2, theyre only giving me 14 gems which is lame and sucks big time.

Now, what is upsetting me is that I kept having the goal to download the xmas version of Angry Babies, but the game wasnt recognizing it. On all the games I didnt get any gems and I tried for a week, multiple times. Uninstalling, downloading, trying to prompt the gem reward. I finally uninstalled it.

The games are getting progressively worse and more annoying.

zyfazix
01-09-16, 03:36 AM
Same here, only 14/7 gold reward for installing and playing. That's certainly not worth the effort to me, and with this strategy I don't think Storm8 should get their download numbers up

fakeid88
01-09-16, 06:57 AM
I didn't download anything new. I just noticed this with Dragon Story a few days ago I was rewarded 7 instead of the usual 15 gold. Also in Bakery story I now get 2 instead of three gems.

Just last week I got 15 gold for reaching level 15 on Bingo and today I get 7 for reaching level 25. This sucks.

I'm on Android btw.

mylord7
01-09-16, 08:23 AM
The answer for me will be simple. I won't download any games. It becomes a question of opportunity cost, after all.

Same here, only 14/7 gold reward for installing and playing. That's certainly not worth the effort to me, and with this strategy I don't think Storm8 should get their download numbers up
I don't see the reason not to download any new asked game. It needs no effort at all.
But off course i won't level up any of these games anymore, because 7 gold don't worth the effort or the valuable time we spend on them, as already mentioned!

kudarin
01-09-16, 09:18 AM
I'm on android and it happened to me too. The gold reward was reduced to 7 gold.

SakuraShima
01-09-16, 10:06 AM
Android here too. OK so they change it but what annoys me is my goal said 15 gold to reach x level then it went down. At least leave it for existing goals then do it with newer ones. The only game not affected is RS for me. I'm so glad I installed DS winter earlier on in the week. At least now I don't have to waste my time levelling up.

OzFamily
01-11-16, 12:00 PM
Android here too. OK so they change it but what annoys me is my goal said 15 gold to reach x level then it went down. At least leave it for existing goals then do it with newer ones. The only game not affected is RS for me. I'm so glad I installed DS winter earlier on in the week. At least now I don't have to waste my time levelling up.

Same thing happened to me, only my existing goal prizes reduced after downloading DS Winter- I thought maybe that caused the goals to change

Anaboe
01-11-16, 01:01 PM
Please let us remember and repeat that we're NOT rewarded for installing and playing games. We're rewarded for small follow-up quests/goals.

It is prohibited by Apple to reward players for installing other games, so Storm8 could be punnished for doing such a thing, so no, they're not rewarding us for installing, but for the small follow-up goal.

And yes, I think it's a very bad and sad thing that Storm8 cuts in the rewards you can get: from the follow-up goals, from the Battle Tournaments, from the Daily Gifts. And it could be me, but I feel like the "special offers" are worse and worse too: while special offers used to be an 1800 gold dragon for only 250 gold, it's now a 1500 gold dragon for 350 gold. Gold-dragons on "sale" for 800 (if I recall correctly) instead of 600, etc.

So Storm8 is getting greedier, as far as I'm concerned.

That, together with the more expensive Dragon Tales (you need more and more luck, instead of hard work), makes me slowly loosing interest in this game.

jjblueyes
01-11-16, 03:29 PM
Please let us remember and repeat that we're NOT rewarded for installing and playing games. We're rewarded for small follow-up quests/goals.

It is prohibited by Apple to reward players for installing other games, so Storm8 could be punnished for doing such a thing, so no, they're not rewarding us for installing, but for the small follow-up goal.

And yes, I think it's a very bad and sad thing that Storm8 cuts in the rewards you can get: from the follow-up goals, from the Battle Tournaments, from the Daily Gifts. And it could be me, but I feel like the "special offers" are worse and worse too: while special offers used to be an 1800 gold dragon for only 250 gold, it's now a 1500 gold dragon for 350 gold. Gold-dragons on "sale" for 800 (if I recall correctly) instead of 600, etc.

So Storm8 is getting greedier, as far as I'm concerned.

That, together with the more expensive Dragon Tales (you need more and more luck, instead of hard work), makes me slowly loosing interest in this game.

Yep. It's been a slow decline in rewards & just satisfied players/customers. :(

D_Raho
01-11-16, 10:27 PM

Since there is no such limitation on Android, there is no follow up. It is a direct quid pro quo. They tell you beforehand that if you install the latest game they will reward you with certain amount of premium currency for whichever game you're playing.

Xyn25
01-12-16, 07:07 AM
Now this is just money-grabbing. Luckily I rushed through all the goals and got 15 gold for leveling up before this changed, but I'm definitely not playing any other games for just 7 gold.

kirby52
01-12-16, 02:10 PM
I sent TL an email, after the tournament where they reduced the gold we get at certain rounds by 2. I told them it was very ' petty' of them to take away the 2. Next tournament it was back to 5.
They are getting stingier and stingier, they take away our rewards and make things such that if we want something really badly, we spend gold / money for TL
They are shooting themselves in the foot because they are going to lose more and more players..this game used to be way more fun and rewarding, but I am losing most of my enthusiasm as there is NOTHING to look forward to anymore.
I don't like the way they have the tournaments anymore either and I for one will not be doing them anymore..so they will lose out from me because I used to use gold to speed up rounds
I hope TL takes a long hard look at all our concerns and criticisms if they want this game to go on as it has...

Jagger517
01-14-16, 12:19 AM
Boardwalk Bingo suggested Hungry Babies to me.

I installed it, got my reward "gold" [actually diamonds, but whatever].

Then it wanted me to reach Level 15. Ok, fine, that's doable. Got my reward.

Then it wanted me to reach Level 31. Still doable, although it took me quite a while, but I made it and got my reward.

The next reward level is 61! W.t.h!! That is just ridiculous imo, and the game isn't even that fun for me. In fact, I consider it to be one of those "pay to play/win" games, which I am morally opposed to and will not play.

So, I uninstalled Hungry Babies and have zero intention of following any other Storm8 game suggestions. I hope you guys are happy!

Brigiron1
01-16-16, 07:38 PM
This happened to me today after installing the new restaurant story I only got 4 gems and only 14 gold instead of the 30 prettypretty much sucks but I see no answer from the lava team in regards to the reason for this. Oh and yes I'm an android user aswell

Anaboe
01-17-16, 04:13 PM
Ow, I do install and play all games as they suggest, just for the gold/gems. I have enough time answer sometimes, the game is even fun. In fact, even if I am curious about a (new) game, I don't install it until I get the goals.

Yes, I'm a Dutchie, a cheapscate ;)

ecxtasy
01-19-16, 07:35 AM
Now this is just money-grabbing. Luckily I rushed through all the goals and got 15 gold for leveling up before this changed, but I'm definitely not playing any other games for just 7 gold.

This I am not either . Delete them all straight off after installling

bakerystoe
01-23-16, 12:05 AM
The things in DS is worse and boring!
We need some new things in your games! Not just normal things in it! I don't like it

bakerystoe
01-23-16, 12:09 AM
We need some fun lovely update from your games! I hope you will listen to us! thank you team lava

savage_mel
02-02-16, 09:18 AM
I installed valentine bingo and in FFS i got 14 gems, which is a lot less than the usual 30, but in DS all I got were silly pillows. thats just sad

Anaboe
02-02-16, 05:43 PM
I only have this stupid zeppelin hanging around, and a stupid icon, suggesting I install Bingo. But no goal, so I doubt I will get anything for it. But now the icon and zeppelin won't go away.

It's stupid.

Clark_Wayne
02-05-16, 12:52 AM
installed Frozen mania : NO GOLDS ! :mad: only decoration ! now this is REALLY greedy ! well no more install for my baby accounts !

MaribouMay
02-05-16, 11:21 AM
I got recycled decorations from last year, the Follow Your Heart path stones. They will sit in storage with the ones I got last year.

HarleyQuinn28
02-05-16, 12:14 PM
It seems like every month it's getting worse and more and more things are getting taken away or reduced. So with this, on top of the poor customer service experience I just had, I can't say I want to give any more money to these games. Which sticks cause there are some value packs in other games I have wanted and I need gems on FF. Plus all of these new habitats on DS are draining my gold every time I get caught up. But unless there are changes I'll save my money for other games and things.
They should realize if they keep upsetting their customers that those customers are no longer going to do business with them. There are plenty of other games to spend money on.

Anaboe
02-05-16, 01:59 PM
Installed and played Valentines Bingo, as was advertised for and got nothing. Not in Dragon Story, not in Castle Story.

No goal, no pop up, nothing.

Atleast I got rid that annoying advertisement.

Well ten, that will be the last time then.

Clark_Wayne
02-12-16, 12:45 AM
new game : bakery story 2 valentine edition, install and play then you got a deco you will never use ;)
sorry but i'm not going to install nor play it :P

TwiWoods
02-12-16, 09:53 AM
Maybe these decoration rewards are there so when they bring back the 14/7 gold rewards, we will be happy to have gold rewards again and not care that they use to be 30/15! :p

Anaboe
02-12-16, 02:27 PM
new game : bakery story 2 valentine edition, install and play then you got a deco you will never use ;)
sorry but i'm not going to install nor play it :P
Didn't install it right away, and now the goal has dissapeared.

I think it's very, very stupid.