View Full Version : Flowers

Unregistered
02-20-11, 11:14 PM
How come they dont give you XP points? :(

Donnahh
02-21-11, 01:47 AM
How come they dont give you XP points? :(

I dislike flowers. Mostly cause they can't be trusted and don't wither :P
I turned my farm into a forest. I'd rather concentrate on xp and getting gnomes for trees than flowers.

They should include xp points!! It's made me not want to master any of the flower types :/

deadpix
02-21-11, 04:12 AM
Actually, they DO give you XP, except that you don't get them when you sow the seeds, you get them when you harvest the flowers.

Unregistered
02-21-11, 03:41 PM
Actually, they DO give you XP, except that you don't get them when you sow the seeds, you get them when you harvest the flowers.

They do?? How come it doesnt mention it when you're looking for something to plant like the rest of the crops? Pretty misleading. I agree with Donnahh, its made me not want to master any of them either. I'll plant some tonight and see if they give me XP points.

Donnahh
02-21-11, 10:16 PM
They do?? How come it doesnt mention it when you're looking for something to plant like the rest of the crops? Pretty misleading. I agree with Donnahh, its made me not want to master any of them either. I'll plant some tonight and see if they give me XP points.

So, if there are exp points in harvesting only am I assuming they are 1 point per water drop and perhaps 1 point per plot harvested? Cause there is no info in the flower stats like in the other crops.

I'm keeping my forest for now :)

Unregistered
02-21-11, 10:19 PM
So, if there are exp points in harvesting only am I assuming they are 1 point per water drop and perhaps 1 point per plot harvested? Cause there is no info in the flower stats like in the other crops.

So you can master trees? For sure? My trees have no leaves at top to fill in as I harvest. (Ha, trees with no leaves!)

deadpix
02-21-11, 10:22 PM

But they do mention it in the seed catalog. Just like all the other crops, the XP is listed at the bottom of the seed "card".

Do remember that you need to harvest the flowers to receive the XPs.

The thing about flowers is that many players have a tendency to just plant them for decorative purposes and not harvest them. It could be due to this reason that TL made it so that you need to harvest them to receive the XP. On the other hand, it could also very well be that they just did a shoddy job.

Unregistered
02-21-11, 10:48 PM

Nope, its 2 points for un-watered flowers and 3 for watered ones. If you include the plowing XP, then it's 4 in total.

I'm guessing that you're playing the non-valentine version in which the seed catalog doesn't show the flower XPs. Well, rest assured that even in the non-valentine version, you STILL receive XP for harvesting the flowers. I have been getting XPs for flowers on the non-valentine version months before valentine version came out.

Here is a screen cap from the non-valentine FS where I've just harvested an un-watered plot of Chrysanthemums:

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j367/1deadpixel/4f06dcdd.png

As you can see, I was give 2 XPs in addition to the 255 coins and 2 leaves for the mastery of this flower crop.

In case you're thinking that this is only for Chrysanthemums, I'll tell you it's not.

deadpix
02-21-11, 11:00 PM
So you can master trees? For sure? My trees have no leaves at top to fill in as I harvest. (Ha, trees with no leaves!)

It's because you're playing on FS and not FSV.

This is what you'll see on regular FS:

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j367/1deadpixel/e31a08a6.png

This is what you'll see on FSV:

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j367/1deadpixel/b47d7907.png

Donnahh
02-22-11, 04:05 PM
deadpix, the savior of us all here at the forum!!

I love how you always have the answers :)

Unregistered
02-22-11, 07:10 PM
Decided to plant some Irises last night. Just harvested and I did get XP points. Yay :) I dont have the valentine version if this game (or the others) mostly because I can't seem to find it in the Android Market. Is the valentine versions only for iPhones? I also dont have any quests, is this part of the valentine games?

Unregistered
02-22-11, 07:15 PM

My trees have the little leaves at the top when you go through the "catalog"

Unregistered
02-22-11, 08:19 PM
My trees have the little leaves at the top when you go through the "catalog"

Yeah, turns out it's because I'm not using the Valentine's Day version. I hate pink and hearts, and I don't like being forced to have flowers on the boarder, plus it crashed lots, so I've been sticking with the previous version.

Unregistered
02-26-11, 12:34 AM
Yeah, turns out it's because I'm not using the Valentine's Day version. I hate pink and hearts, and I don't like being forced to have flowers on the boarder, plus it crashed lots, so I've been sticking with the previous version.

I'm not using any valentine versions of any games....only originals. My trees have the little leaves at the top when you look in the catalog for something to plant. I just got my first leaf the other night.

deadpix
02-26-11, 09:15 PM
I'm not using any valentine versions of any games....only originals. My trees have the little leaves at the top when you look in the catalog for something to plant. I just got my first leaf the other night.

Hmmm... Then you must have some update that hasn't been pushed out for everyone yet.

This is what I see on the original version:

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j367/1deadpixel/5385f2f7.png

This is what I see on FSV:

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j367/1deadpixel/7fe037b0.png