PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice regarding neighbours

thisriveriswild
01-05-16, 06:49 AM
Hey all,

It's been almost 3 years since I stopped playing Dragon Story and I've just redownloaded it and migrated my game over. My problem is that I've got about 500+ inactive neighbours which is a huge pain when asking for maps etc. Is there a way of deleting all of them, or multiple neighbours at once?

Also, is there a way of adding someone as a neighbour if you visit their island via the community tab? I can't find their stormIDs to add them. I'm sure there used to be a way but I've forgotten.

Thanks in advance! :)

hiabarara
01-05-16, 07:25 AM
I have the same problem. I have 440 neighbours, but too many of them seem to be inactive. I wish there was a way to figure out who's been online this week.

I've seen a little "Add as friend" button in Farm Story and another S8 games, but Dragon Story doesn't have this option. I honestly wonder why. You can only write your ID on your wall and on other people's walls and usually a couple people will add you sooner or later. You can also find other people's ID here (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?93-Dragon-Story-Add-Me)(and basically everywhere else on the internet, but who knows which of them are actually regular players). Or you do it like me (and other people) and change your island name to your ID, so people can easily add you :D

edit: I don't think there's a way to delete multiple neighbours? I only know you can choose the "neighbours" tab, click "edit" and then click "remove" on every single neighbour you want to delete. But after every delete it loads a few seconds, so it's a bit annoying.

Jackiesq
01-05-16, 08:00 AM
I have 100 neighbors! Accept every request, but every week I delete the neighbors above 100. Zero eggs means they don't visit, so inactive will in that group for sure. I start deleting with the lowest levels first. If you do it every week it isn't much work. So I should start with deleting every week a couple of this under level 100. If you don't visit your neighbors at that levels I think you don't be an active player. For maps you don't want "dayly" players, you want very active players that plays multiple times a day! I have my 20 maps always in 2 hours or less after asking. I know a few neighbors who don't visit, but respond always and very fast, so I keep them too. 😊 And if the game isn't crashing to much, I try to visit my neighbors dayly, with 100 that is possible, more will be to much...

hiabarara
01-05-16, 08:15 AM
I have 100 neighbors! Accept every request, but every week I delete the neighbors above 100. Zero eggs means they don't visit, so inactive will in that group for sure. I start deleting with the lowest levels first. If you do it every week it isn't much work. So I should start with deleting every week a couple of this under level 100. If you don't visit your neighbors at that levels I think you don't be an active player. For maps you don't want "dayly" players, you want very active players that plays multiple times a day! I have my 20 maps always in 2 hours or less after asking. I know a few neighbors who don't visit, but respond always and very fast, so I keep them too. �� And if the game isn't crashing to much, I try to visit my neighbors dayly, with 100 that is possible, more will be to much...

That part relieved me a bit :D A couple days ago I stopped visiting my neighbours. I usually had a social rating of 3 or 4, but I simply can't do it anymore because my app crashes too often. My really active neighbours are level 100+ and I can't visit more than two of them until the game crashes, so now I have a social rating of 0, even though I play multiple times a day :(

Jackiesq
01-05-16, 08:49 AM
That part relieved me a bit :D A couple days ago I stopped visiting my neighbours. I usually had a social rating of 3 or 4, but I simply can't do it anymore because my app crashes too often. My really active neighbours are level 100+ and I can't visit more than two of them until the game crashes, so now I have a social rating of 0, even though I play multiple times a day :(

It crashes very often this week! 😕I can't visit much too, but it takes more than a week to go from 4 to 0 eggs. And the less neighbors you have the better you know them, so you know if they play often or not. When I had 300 I didn't know and I could only visit the ones that had names starting with A... now the active Z... get a visit too. 😉 If I don't have to start up the game every 3 visits ofcourse. But during holidays and if the game crashes so many times I wait a week with my actions... 😊

belarica
01-05-16, 08:59 AM
You can add me. I only rarely visit so I have 0 eggs but I play often, every day.

hiabarara
01-05-16, 09:29 AM
It crashes very often this week! ��I can't visit much too, but it takes more than a week to go from 4 to 0 eggs. And the less neighbors you have the better you know them, so you know if they play often or not. When I had 300 I didn't know and I could only visit the ones that had names starting with A... now the active Z... get a visit too. �� If I don't have to start up the game every 3 visits ofcourse. But during holidays and if the game crashes so many times I wait a week with my actions... ��
Oh. Maybe I've lost track of time and it was a bit more than a week instead of a couple days. Oops :D But yeah, I also thought about deleting most neighbours because at some point it gets pretty pointless to accept more and more neighbours because a lot of them don't play regularly. And I read somewhere that you can only send map requests to 300 or 400 neighbours. Not sure if that's true though.

A bit back on topic: It's probably a good idea to add people who are active here in this forum because then they're active in-game as well.

Jackiesq
01-05-16, 09:56 AM
Oh. Maybe I've lost track of time and it was a bit more than a week instead of a couple days. Oops :D But yeah, I also thought about deleting most neighbours because at some point it gets pretty pointless to accept more and more neighbours because a lot of them don't play regularly. And I read somewhere that you can only send map requests to 300 or 400 neighbours. Not sure if that's true though.

A bit back on topic: It's probably a good idea to add people who are active here in this forum because then they're active in-game as well.

There are always players stopping, that's why I keep accepting new neighbors. For me 100 is a good number to keep it in control and to get enough maps. I hope I will get a nice group of active players by doing this. I do it 3 months now I think. And ofcourse are the members of the forum active players, so they are always welcome to be my neighbor too! (ID same as here)

kooky panda
01-05-16, 11:14 AM
Original question has been answered and now the thread has gone off topic.
Closing.

You can post you ID and find others looking for neighbors in the add me forum.
(http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?72-Add-Me)