PDA

View Full Version : Crashing when placing Habitats

amalsaba
01-02-16, 02:59 AM
Hi kooky panda

Is there a limit on how many diamond habitats are allowed for android players?
I just bred a mercury dragon and I tried buying a new diamond habitat but the game crashes every time I placed it on my island. It happened 4 times. Why is this happening?

Elsa;1423000']Hrm...can you update once more? There's 2.6.1.2 update that for sure will squish this bug for you.

kooky panda
01-02-16, 09:24 AM
There should not be a limit. Please try exiting your game and restarting to see if this corrects the issue.
IF not please let me know.

++moved thread to Bug forum++

amalsaba
01-02-16, 12:54 PM
I restarted the phone but the issue is not solved. I tried buying a different habitat but the game closed on me straight away. Note That I am on level 167 and I have 136/161 allowed habitat.

kooky panda
01-02-16, 04:07 PM
I restarted the phone but the issue is not solved. I tried buying a different habitat but the game closed on me straight away. Note That I am on level 167 and I have 136/161 allowed habitat.
I will report this over, but go ahead and send an email to support@storm8.com.

Thanks

mylord7
01-02-16, 08:18 PM
There are already posted reports of this specific bug for the android players at least here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86575-What-s-wrong-with-the-2-3-1-1-g-android-version&p=1213864&viewfull=1#post1213864) and here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87395-Gold-habitat-glitch). I think there are some more, but i can't find them now.
[S8] Elsa, also replied once in these posts, but since then we don't know anything new about it.
So, kooky, it you would be kind of you to be reported by your side too :)

kooky panda
01-04-16, 01:13 PM
Hi kooky panda

Is there a limit on how many diamond habitats are allowed for android players?
I just bred a mercury dragon and I tried buying a new diamond habitat but the game crashes every time I placed it on my island. It happened 4 times. Why is this happening?

Can you check your crash report?
When it crashes, it'll say "Report" or "Cancel". Tap Report > Preview and scroll down. The error message will say 'error exception', 'error', or 'error class exception'.
Can you let me know what the error message states? This can help the team's investigation.

Thanks!

mylord7
01-04-16, 04:05 PM
Kooky, are you sure about "crash reports"?
As i already have mentioned, since the last 3 main updates, the game almost always crashes in my devices when i try to buy a habitat and there weren't any "crash reports" till now or any similar message to choose "Report" or "Cancel"... :confused:

The problem exists only on high level accounts!
By the way, have you noticed this interesting post (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87469-Idea-to-Fix-Performance-Issues), which seems to explain what's wrong with the performance issue? :)

TauraTG
01-26-16, 11:38 AM
Hi, having the same isue,
When trying to build new habitat, game force closes , without any prior msgs.
Im running winter version.

I deinstalled winter ds , put halloween back on and buying diamond habitat is posible now, game hasnt crashed

warrior61280
02-09-16, 10:36 PM
I started having this issue again today.
Uninstalled DS, downloaded Valentine, same issue. This has happened beofre and switching to a different version helped, but not in this case so far. I managed to purchase 1 habitat in over 20 attempts. The game gives no warning or even freezing, just immediately goes black and drops me on home screen.
Using LG G4. I do have an Android update waiting and will install that and see if that helps and report back.

warrior61280
02-09-16, 11:01 PM
So, updated Android, was able to purchase 1 habitat so i tried another, crashed again.
Other than;
Reboot
Reinstall
Clear cache
Do all updates (game and device)
Try a different version

What else is there to do so I may continue purchasing needed habitats?

KevinW08
07-07-16, 11:52 AM
When I go to add any new habitat, my DS app closes without any crash report. I am playing on the DS Sun and Moon app (version 2.4.0.1s54g). This issue happens when playing on both my Google Nexus 5 Smartphone and my Google Nexus 7 tablet. I downloaded the current default Dragon Story app (version 2.4.0.1g) and am experiencing the same issue on this version as well.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue and/or any workarounds? It's a pain not to be able to add new habitats as all my habitats are now too full!

I found an old thread about this issue, but nothing further (ref. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88456-Application-crashes-on-adding-new-habitat).

kooky panda
07-07-16, 01:25 PM
When I go to add any new habitat, my DS app closes without any crash report. I am playing on the DS Sun and Moon app (version 2.4.0.1s54g). This issue happens when playing on both my Google Nexus 5 Smartphone and my Google Nexus 7 tablet. I downloaded the current default Dragon Story app (version 2.4.0.1g) and am experiencing the same issue on this version as well.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue and/or any workarounds? It's a pain not to be able to add new habitats as all my habitats are now too full!

I found an old thread about this issue, but nothing further (ref. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88456-Application-crashes-on-adding-new-habitat).

Merging this thread with the current bug thread. I will see if there is any additional information for this issue.
In the meantime, please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

Beccaf2
07-12-16, 06:26 PM
I came here looking to see if anyone else has the same problem. I can't put down a habitat. I'm only level 118, only 94 out of a possible 112 habitats. No dice. Black screen crash and closes game. No error message. I'm current on updates- I'll try the recommendation of downloading a different version of the game.

kooky panda
07-13-16, 08:09 AM
This is a known issue and the team is currently looking into this issue.
Try the Halloween version.

( Try placing your habitat in a different place to see if that helps.)

RedQueeNekoRose
08-03-16, 09:00 AM
Also having this issue. Checked to see where I was with habitats, 96/168. I'I've tried several different spots, haven't tried downloading a different version yet, so we'll see how that goes...

Just tried Birthday Bash, it was a no go.

KevinW08
08-06-16, 10:17 AM
Merging this thread with the current bug thread. I will see if there is any additional information for this issue.
In the meantime, please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

Hi Kooky Panda,

Have been really busy with work, but have now submitted a bug report just now (#) and also submitted a bug report from my KevinW06 account (#).

Have had this issue for some time now and looks like from others posting on this thread, it has been around for a bit. Do you know if this problem will be fixed anytime soon?

I've tried loading other versions of Dragon Story like Halloween and am experiencing this issue there too.

Thanks for your help. :-)

Nikkook
08-06-16, 01:41 PM
I am having the same issue and can't get the diamond temple! Any advice?

lenasdinner
08-29-16, 10:35 AM
I wanted to buy another champion ruins and I just cant,my game shuts down right that moment.I tryed to buy some another cheep habitat and happens the same thing.haw shuld I buy another home for my dragons???
This never happend to me....

kooky panda
08-29-16, 10:45 AM
This is a known issue. Please send an email to support@storm8.com.

(merging with current bug thread)

[S8] Regina
08-29-16, 10:56 AM
I wanted to buy another champion ruins and I just cant,my game shuts down right that moment.I tryed to buy some another cheep habitat and happens the same thing.haw shuld I buy another home for my dragons???
This never happend to me....

Sorry about this! We have updated this issue with the team. Thank you for your patience while they look into this!

lenasdinner
08-30-16, 02:14 AM
Regina;1338149']Sorry about this! We have updated this issue with the team. Thank you for your patience while they look into this!
Thanx for respond,but I really hope this will be fixed very very soon,I dont have any more place where to put my dragons......

comeseecomesah
08-30-16, 06:54 AM
This happens to me frequently when buying habitats, game closes down without a message so I keep the Halloween version icon on my device and log on to it when I can't buy habitat on current version and have never had a problem buying one on there. Hope this works for others until issue is fixed.

Ilsadrago
11-17-16, 06:39 AM
I'm at Level 156 with 134/164 habitats. Doesn't that mean I have 134, but i'm allowed 165? So I should be able (theoretically) to buy 31 more? Every time I try to buy one my game shuts down. WTH?

Shar33
11-17-16, 07:44 AM
I'm at Level 156 with 134/164 habitats. Doesn't that mean I have 134, but i'm allowed 165? So I should be able (theoretically) to buy 31 more? Every time I try to buy one my game shuts down. WTH?

Yes that's a bug several people have including myself. It's a bug that once your account gets it TL needs to fix it somehow

lenasdinner
11-17-16, 08:23 AM
thay said (TL or S8,dosen't metter) that this bug is fixed,but it's not.

I had like a fue days ago to try to buy it 5 times...my game shut down for 5 times and after that at 6th try I was able to buy a habitat..and it's always like that after 5-6 times I'm able to buy one..... I meen really???? how long will this take it's so anoying,it's takin so long.please fix this so we can play normal game.

kooky panda
11-17-16, 11:32 AM

Merging threads.

This is a known issue. I will add your post to the report.

mylord7
11-25-16, 07:02 PM
How can we take advantage of the habitats sale, if the game always crashing on Android, when we try to buy a new one?
If from time to time we have to buy only one, we reload several times the game and finally sometime we, accidentally, manage to buy it.
But now, we want to buy many of them and it's like mission impossible!

I am the first one, which mentioned the bug some months ago and after all this time there is no solution yet!
Al least, for some time, we had the Halloween version as a backup for this reason, which was working fine, but unfortunately you decided to suspend it!

monbohn
11-28-16, 03:06 PM
How can we take advantage of the habitats sale, if the game always crashing on Android, when we try to buy a new one?
If from time to time we have to buy only one, we reload several times the game and finally sometime we, accidentally, manage to buy it.
But now, we want to buy many of them and it's like mission impossible!

I am the first one, which mentioned the bug some months ago and after all this time there is no solution yet!
Al least, for some time, we had the Halloween version as a backup for this reason, which was working fine, but unfortunately you decided to suspend it!

Yep, issues here too and I'm very disappointed I can't take advantage of the sale. I've emailed support just a few minutes ago. I wonder if there would be a way we could tell them the ones we want and they could subtract the gold and put the habitats in storage for now so we don't miss out.

Rosi890
11-29-16, 09:05 AM
I just started having this issue, also have not reached my limit on habitats. Not only can I not purchase a habitat, I cannot purchase any decorations. Makes Bingo challenges impossible too. Like everyone else, I cleared the cache, uninstalled then reinstalled, nothing works. It happened to me right after my 39th floating island expansion. It was like a hidden switch flipped and now no more habitats or decor for me.

Ilsadrago
12-01-16, 05:07 AM

This issue was resolved, but now it's back. I've been trying to purchase and place habitats but can't place them. Help please!

porkchomp
12-05-16, 05:19 PM
It was never resolved for me. Just a known issue.

[S8] Elsa
12-05-16, 05:55 PM
This is still a known issue. Unfortunately, we're still looking into identifying the root cause. We apologize for the inconvenience!

porkchomp
12-17-16, 06:50 AM
Still a known issue.

JMThrive
12-17-16, 06:01 PM
This happens to me all the time. When we, your paying customers, say crash, it means tbe game just closes and we wind up on our devices home page. There are no crash reports or anything else. The only thing that works is to uninstall then reinstall the game.

porkchomp
01-01-17, 11:35 AM
So you are saying an uninstall and reinstall will let me place habitats? I'll try that as the issue hasn't been fixed for me.

jbyn4e
01-16-17, 01:41 PM
Still isssue on our three accounts - all get to 39th island expansion some time ago, all have not reached limit in habitats... game just crashes without any crash report.
Also, on my phone sometimes QUIT doesn't work - just stays until I **** it with some task ****er, sometimes quit regular. I started to use habitat buying to quit game - it's safer and quicker :)

Ah yes, version of the game? Newest... holidays.

Also i tried game in android emulator - whe I have two emulators, game starts in second with account from first... so it's some security problem... I must start first tropical island version to get to account on that emulator, and after that holidays version gets back to this account. Then I go to anouther emulator and if I start holidays version - it will start with latest used account, not the one used when installed game... so go to tropical island version again to get back to right account :(

porkchomp
01-16-17, 07:29 PM
Still a known issue. Should I fix it by quitting? That seems like a better option each MONTH this problem persists.

jbyn4e
01-26-17, 11:59 AM
C'mon fix buying habitats!!!! It's basic feature of game, not an extra feature!

Today trying to buy zodiac zone:
1. try: open game, close news, habitats, scroll, select zodiac zone, buy, let it place it somewhere, press checkmark aaaand.... it stays like pressed for a second or two and game crashes..
2. try: open game, close news, habitats, scroll, select zodiac zone, buy, let it place it somewhere, press checkmark aaaand.... it stays like pressed for a second or two and game crashes..
3. try: open game, close news, habitats, scroll, select zodiac zone, buy, let it place it somewhere, press checkmark aaaand.... it stays like pressed for a second or two and game crashes..
4. try: open game, close news, habitats, scroll, select zodiac zone, buy, let it place it somewhere, press checkmark aaaand.... it stays like pressed for a second or two and game crashes..
5. try: open game, close news, habitats, scroll, select zodiac zone, buy, let it place it somewhere, press checkmark aaaand.... it stays like pressed for a second or two and game crashes..
6. try: open game, close news, habitats, scroll, select zodiac zone, buy, let it place it somewhere, press checkmark aaaand.... it stays like pressed for a second or two and game crashes..
7. try: open game, close news, habitats, scroll, select zodiac zone, buy, let it place it somewhere, press checkmark aaaand.... it stays like pressed for a second or two and game crashes..
8. try: open game, close news, habitats, scroll, select zodiac zone, buy, let it place it somewhere, press checkmark aaaand.... it stays like pressed for a second or two and game crashes..
9. try: open game, close news, habitats, scroll, select zodiac zone, buy, let it place it somewhere, press checkmark aaaand.... it stays like pressed for a second or two and game crashes..
10. try: open game, close news, habitats, scroll, select zodiac zone, buy, let it place it somewhere, press checkmark aaaand.... FINALLY checkmark gone, habitat on land, displaying 23:59 left.

Time taken to do this: 30 minutes just for that. S8, please, repay my time lost! (or, better, fix the dang thing with habitats!)

dragonfliesplace
01-28-17, 02:38 AM
This is happening to my game too. Please i hope it is fixed soon.

jbyn4e
02-02-17, 11:12 AM
Yeeeey, now having problem with buildings also, not just habitats.... 6 tries so far to buy Garden of Light and still nothing, game crashes...

jbyn4e
02-07-17, 10:23 AM
With "Isles of love" version still having problem buyng habitats .... Olympus temple on 4th try, still trying for Passion pit!

Eidt: bought it in Tropical island version...

asdfgh123654
03-01-17, 06:23 AM
As soon as I place a new habitat the game would crash. I'm not maxed out on them. I played on the newest game version, and I even tried the older versions but it was the same...

kooky panda
03-01-17, 10:34 AM
I am sorry but this a known issue. I have merged your post with the current bug thread.

[S8] Elsa
03-09-17, 12:41 PM
Can you please try updating your Dragon Story game to 2.6.1.1g and let me know if this is resolved for you?

jbyn4e
03-09-17, 01:46 PM
^^
Would love to update - but there is no 2.6.1.1g in google play store.

EDIT: Couldn't find it in play store, but found link on your site. Downloading - will report later...

[S8] Elsa
03-09-17, 02:04 PM
^^
Would love to update - but there is no 2.6.1.1g in google play store.

EDIT: Couldn't find it in play store, but found link on your site. Downloading - will report later...

Here's the link (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon) if anyone needs it.

jbyn4e
03-09-17, 02:57 PM
Ok on 3 accounts:
1) bought big white, big purple and big black habitat without crashing.
2) bought big pink, rainbow skyway, champion ruins without crashing.
3) bought champion ruins, zodiac zone, big black without crashing.

To us - it seems resolved!

[S8] Elsa
03-09-17, 03:04 PM
Ok on 3 accounts:
1) bought big white, big purple and big black habitat without crashing.
2) bought big pink, rainbow skyway, champion ruins without crashing.
3) bought champion ruins, zodiac zone, big black without crashing.

To us - it seems resolved!

Thanks for letting me know! :)

SassieNewf
03-31-17, 04:00 PM
Deleted my other versions and installed the one you linked. Took 2 tries but was able to place a habitat. But the garden of light that was in the space beside new habitat has disappeared. I even moved the new habitat over the spot to see if it just hadn't "loaded visually" but I was able to move it. Meaning garden statue really is gone. All the other statues for boosting coin rates seem to be there. Please help.

EDIT: Statue reappeared after 3rd reload of game.

[S8] Elsa
04-26-17, 11:18 AM
We made an additional fix for this issue. Please update your game to 2.6.1.2 and let us know if you still need help. :)

bozotc19
04-29-17, 06:11 AM
Can't place new habitat on my android game...crashes every time. Anybody else have this proble?

Rynetory2
04-29-17, 06:23 AM
Can't place new habitat on my android game...crashes every time. Anybody else have this proble?

Can you update your game to the latest version and try again?

jbyn4e
05-21-17, 01:27 AM
Now I'm having again problem with placing habitats on my secondary account. Rainbow skyway (3rd) unable to place, game crashes without crash report. Version 2.6.1.1g, android 4.2.2

[S8] Elsa
05-25-17, 02:42 PM
Now I'm having again problem with placing habitats on my secondary account. Rainbow skyway (3rd) unable to place, game crashes without crash report. Version 2.6.1.1g, android 4.2.2

Hrm...can you update once more? There's 2.6.1.2 update that for sure will squish this bug for you.

jbyn4e
06-24-17, 06:29 AM
Sorry for late answer, but...

Maybe for iOS is 2.6.1.2. Just checked my PlayStore - there isn't even regular version 2.6.1.1g which I'm using, there are only Isles of love (2.6.0.2s57g) and Holidays (2.5.0.2s56g) version.

I don't want to go to your site to maybe find newer version - please put it on Play Store.

[S8] Elsa
06-26-17, 10:56 AM
Sorry for late answer, but...

Maybe for iOS is 2.6.1.2. Just checked my PlayStore - there isn't even regular version 2.6.1.1g which I'm using, there are only Isles of love (2.6.0.2s57g) and Holidays (2.5.0.2s56g) version.

I don't want to go to your site to maybe find newer version - please put it on Play Store.

There's definitely a 2.6.1.2 available for Android, which includes the fix for this issue. :)

jbyn4e
06-28-17, 12:54 PM
Can you please help me find it? See attached picture.

[S8] Elsa
06-28-17, 01:15 PM
Can you please help me find it? See attached picture.

It's this one (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon).

jbyn4e
06-30-17, 02:12 PM
^^
Yes, but it's not showing in my play store. Nevermid, I got it other way. Still I wish to know why isn't listed when searching play store...

And yes, now placing habitats works. Thanks for help.