PDA

View Full Version : 4 nights of games not loading

dawnsdomain71
01-01-16, 03:19 AM
I play numerous storm8 games on my nexus 7, Android 6.0.1, and for the past few nights (tonight makes 4 in a row) I get stuck on the loading screen each time I try to play. Daytime hours are fine, but by 10 PM Eastern time it all goes wrong. I still get push notifications but have sat on the loading screen for up to 12 minutes. Have rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, tried various versions, tested on an iPad and husband's Android tablet, no luck at all. Food spoils, clothes expire, timed quests are impossible... Help please? 95% of my gaming time is after 10 PM, games I play include Bakery story, restaurant story, castle story, dragon story, fantasy animal story, fashion story, etc. And it happens with all.

LalaSmooth
01-01-16, 08:59 AM
Try force closing the app and clearing the cache and data. Try & reloading then and if fails then check if your device needs a software update or check your data/wifi settings. Uninstall then reinstall it and turn off device for a minute or so then turn it back on.. See if it works that way.

Email storm8 if all fails

Rynetory2
01-01-16, 09:08 AM
I play numerous storm8 games on my nexus 7, Android 6.0.1, and for the past few nights (tonight makes 4 in a row) I get stuck on the loading screen each time I try to play. Daytime hours are fine, but by 10 PM Eastern time it all goes wrong. I still get push notifications but have sat on the loading screen for up to 12 minutes. Have rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, tried various versions, tested on an iPad and husband's Android tablet, no luck at all. Food spoils, clothes expire, timed quests are impossible... Help please? 95% of my gaming time is after 10 PM, games I play include Bakery story, restaurant story, castle story, dragon story, fantasy animal story, fashion story, etc. And it happens with all.

Please make sure you have the most current apple software installed on your devices.
Can you try the following and see if it works?

1. Go to settings-safari and clear out data.
2. Close wifi setting on mobile, ipad and tablet devices.
3. Switch off/on power for modem and router.
4. Restart mobile, ipad and tablet devices.
5. Reconnect mobile, ipad and tablet devices to wifi.
6. Start game.

Are you using the same wifi for all devices? If the above didn't work, can you try on cellular connection? Thanks.

dawnsdomain71
01-01-16, 04:00 PM
The troubleshooting info you mentioned is all apple (nexus/android are not apple) but I have reset WiFi connections several times with no luck. Right now they are not loading again, day 5, daytime instead of night. There is no cellular connection on my tablet. It is the same WiFi (FiOS) for all, my home, am going to be at my parent's later and will test there as well. Since the tablet itself has internet access at these times though, hence my ability to post this message, it doesn't look promising to help.

Rynetory2
01-01-16, 06:11 PM
If they didn't work using another wifi connection, please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your games. Btw you mentioned you have an Ipad and android devices, therefore I wrote the step by step (including IOS steps) for you to apply where applicable to similar android function, instead of separate set of steps for each device.

dawnsdomain71
01-01-16, 11:05 PM
I apologize for my frustration spilling over and causing me to sound rude, I think I'm just used to people assuming everyone is on an Apple device when only one failure out of dozens has been on my old iPad. Having both can be rather confusing in itself. I've followed all the steps you mentioned, no changes, and I was home before the time when the issues normally kick in. The games stopped loading about Midnight my time, on my home WiFi, and I have sent an email as you suggested so I thank you for the advice. I think I'll need an exorcist for this poor tablet ;)

SaraSue80
01-02-16, 08:12 AM
I'm having the same problem, but it looks as though from 2300 hrs til ? I cannot load any Storm8 games. I live on the east coast and I know other players having the same problem. I think it's the website that can't handle all the traffic. it is now 10:14 a.m. On January 2, 2016.

kooky panda
01-02-16, 09:53 AM
If you are having issues, please send an email to support@storm8.com.

This issue with some players has been reported over.

dawnsdomain71
01-02-16, 03:10 PM
I'm having the same problem, but it looks as though from 2300 hrs til ? I cannot load any Storm8 games. I live on the east coast and I know other players having the same problem. I think it's the website that can't handle all the traffic. it is now 10:14 a.m. On January 2, 2016.

It's now 5:08 PM (east coast also) and my games never resumed logging in today so it's been at least 16 continuous hours of downtime for me. I've invested a lot of time and effort (some money...) into these games and am beyond frustrated. The idea about the website not being able to handle the traffic sounds logical to me, hope they figure this out soon for all of our sakes!!

SaraSue80
01-03-16, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=dawnsdomain71;1230356]It's now 5:08 PM (east coast also) and my games never resumed logging in today so it's been at least 16 continuous hours of downtime for me. I've invested a lot of time and effort (some money...) into these games and am beyond frustrated. The idea about the website not being able to handle the traffic sounds logical to me, hope they figure this out soon for all of our sakes!![/QUOT

"Today, January 3, I have been able to connect from 7:00 am until 7:20 am and again from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm. It is now 5:25 pm and I cannot reconnect. I guess I will not be able to finish the tournament with only 4 left to beat. Thanks a lot TL."

dawnsdomain71
01-05-16, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=dawnsdomain71;1230356]It's now 5:08 PM (east coast also) and my games never resumed logging in today so it's been at least 16 continuous hours of downtime for me. I've invested a lot of time and effort (some money...) into these games and am beyond frustrated. The idea about the website not being able to handle the traffic sounds logical to me, hope they figure this out soon for all of our sakes!![/QUOT

"Today, January 3, I have been able to connect from 7:00 am until 7:20 am and again from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm. It is now 5:25 pm and I cannot reconnect. I guess I will not be able to finish the tournament with only 4 left to beat. Thanks a lot TL."

I'm sorry you're still having trouble too, mine is WORSE than before (right now 18 hours without being able to connect to any of them) and the support email I sent is still waiting to be assigned to a support rep almost 5 days after they received it, sigh. I had gotten a Google Play gift card for Christmas, can't spend the money in games that won't let me in and why would I want to at this point? Good luck to you and I hope you get in soon :)