PDA

View Full Version : Differences in ipad vs iphone?

ellaslair
12-30-15, 02:32 PM
Hi...my sister just installed dragon story on her new iphone...it seems that there is quite a difference in the amount of gold needed to speed up an egg from her nest. Is this a difference for ipad (me) vs iphone, or for new accounts?

Thanks...Maria

D_Raho
12-30-15, 03:47 PM
I don't think the difference is for devices you are using so much as when you created the account. All of my new accounts from the past month, whether created on the iPhone,iPad or an Android device all have a new unreasonably high cost to speed things up with gold. I really don't like it. The flip side is the in other games, like Farm Story 2, for example, the time some things take have been lowered. I think it take somewhere around 10 seconds for wheat crops to harvest. I wish some of those speed imporvements made their way into Dragon Story for these new players to offset the Gold cost hikes.

hiabarara
12-30-15, 03:49 PM
I don't think the difference is for devices you are using so much as when you created the account. All of my new accounts from the past month, whether created on the iPhone,iPad or an Android device all have a new unreasonably high cost to speed things up with gold. I really don't like it. The flip side is the in other games, like Farm Story 2, for example, the time some things take have been lowered. I think it take somewhere around 10 seconds for wheat crops to harvest. I wish some of those speed imporvements made their way into Dragon Story for these new players to offset the Gold cost hikes.

Do you have an example? Like how much would you need to pay to speed up Firapples or something like that?

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 04:13 PM
My daughter just downloaded DS on Christmas Day. I must have a look at her game next time I am there.

ellaslair
12-30-15, 04:26 PM
Do you have an example? Like how much would you need to pay to speed up Firapples or something like that?
To speed up a nest with 4 hrs left takes 20 gold, speeding up fireapples takes 10 gold and Speeding up breeding den with 1 hr left, its 10 gold!

Yikes !!!

ellaslair
12-30-15, 04:29 PM

Thanks for the info...it real doesn't seem quite fair. It would be nice if there was some give on the times...

cocauina
12-30-15, 04:35 PM
To speed up a nest with 4 hrs left takes 20 gold, speeding up fireapples takes 10 gold and Speeding up breeding den with 1 hr left, its 10 gold!

Yikes !!!

That's weird, speeding with gold on evolutions, breedings and eggs/nests, the amount of gold required must be the same has the timer, like 4hrs is 4 gold, while on battles, quests and farms it's the double or even more, for example, less than 1hr of farm is 1 gold, 1hr of farm is 2 gold, 20hrs of farm is 40 gold, 1 hour from battle is 4 gold, about quests it's always different, I already done a quest that was 6hrs or less and it would cost 30gold to speed it up, but of course this quest was a Dragon Tales quest, so yeah.

Your sister must have a problem, that's not normal.

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 04:47 PM
Your sister must have a problem, that's not normal.

Not normal for us, but according to D_Raho above, all his new accounts have higher prices too. If they have indeed raised the costs for new accounts and those prices are accurate I'm with the "Yikes"!

It wouldn't be the first time changes have been made that don't affect existing accounts, the additional evolution step at level 6 being a prime example - older accounts don't have to do that.

I'm wondering if this is a marketing strategy to encourage the purchase of gold producing dragons. It is possible they were introduced as a bit of a perk initially, but have become really popular and so perhaps the strategy now is to sell more of them. Higher in-game gold prices would certainly be one way to encourage people to buy gold producing dragons.

mimiamelia
12-30-15, 05:15 PM
Does this apply to transferring of games as well? Such as transfer dragon story to a new device (while still using the same account)? I doubt it but still want to make sure.

I feel bad for the people who have to pay more, 10 gold for 1 hour is just too much, honestly.

hiabarara
12-30-15, 05:36 PM

Yikes !!!

Oh God, that's bad. I really hope we won't get an update that changes it for us as well. All hell would break loose :D

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 05:54 PM
Mimiamelia, speaking from a general IT perspective and not a DS specific perspective, from what I have read about past changes, it seems to me certain game factors are attached to your account and never change, so changing device would not "reset" these values. When I say "never", there is NO guarantee that any current policy may not change in the future, of course.

It makes sense, as in some cases the changes (e.g. the extra evolution step) impacts many aspects of the individual's game-play and to change some of that partway through the life of any given account would be unfair to the player involved. In addition, Storm 8 could certainly expect a massive backlash from longer term players if, for example, speed breeding suddenly quadrupled in price creating a public relations nightmare, but new players know no different.

Looking at some other games available, out of sheer curiosity, I am somewhat astounded at how cheap DS is to play in comparison. This is no doubt due to the game's age in the marketplace. Other games out there seem to need gems/gold/whatever currency to do the most simple things in the game.

I not at all sure I like this modern "pay as you play" concept, but clearly it is the industry standard. I'd prefer to buy a game up-front and perhaps an annual maintenance fee for upgrades, support etc. However, even commercial software, such as Microsoft Office Suite is moving/has moved away from that model to an annual renewal.

If you look at the history of Flight Simulator, it has been around forever with so many changes over that time.

cocauina
12-30-15, 06:00 PM
Not normal for us, but according to D_Raho above, all his new accounts have higher prices too. If they have indeed raised the costs for new accounts and those prices are accurate I'm with the "Yikes"!

It wouldn't be the first time changes have been made that don't affect existing accounts, the additional evolution step at level 6 being a prime example - older accounts don't have to do that.

I'm wondering if this is a marketing strategy to encourage the purchase of gold producing dragons. It is possible they were introduced as a bit of a perk initially, but have become really popular and so perhaps the strategy now is to sell more of them. Higher in-game gold prices would certainly be one way to encourage people to buy gold producing dragons.

I know, but the evolution is helpful to have more bombs but at the same time we waste more time when we have a long list of dragons to evolve.

But changing the prices is just a low move from TL..

Does this apply to transferring of games as well? Such as transfer dragon story to a new device (while still using the same account)? I doubt it but still want to make sure.

I feel bad for the people who have to pay more, 10 gold for 1 hour is just too much, honestly.

No, I doubt, it's your "old" account, not a new one, the device doesn't matter.

random59
12-30-15, 07:07 PM

Yikes !!!I think the game has a glitch in it, I also downloaded a new game on a new iPhone yesterday and mine is working okay. I have 3 hours 20 left on the den and to speed it up is 4 gold.

Send a note to support, I am sure this will get sorted!:)

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 07:18 PM
I think the game has a glitch in it, I also downloaded a new game on a new iPhone yesterday and mine is working okay. I have 3 hours 20 left on the den and to speed it up is 4 gold.

Send a note to support, I am sure this will get sorted!:)

That's a relief! :) whew!

random59
12-30-15, 07:24 PM
That's a relief! :) whew!

Also had a treasure box there as well, was amazed 150 gold, 5000 food and 25000 coin for $2.99! You could have knocked me other with a feather so I bought it straight away:)

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 07:29 PM
Also had a treasure box there as well, was amazed 150 gold, 5000 food and 25000 food for $2.99! You could have knocked me other with a feather so I bought it straight away:)

I want one of those!! :D

stefen35
12-30-15, 07:33 PM
Oh God, that's bad. I really hope we won't get an update that changes it for us as well. All hell would break loose :D

really hope we wont get the update too cause its way too expensive !!!

random59
12-30-15, 07:47 PM
In saying that all was well with the game I downloaded yesterday was fine, I checked my son's game and yep sure enough the bug is in his. Have sent an email off to support along with the fact that I could also provided screen shots if they were required. Hopefully this will be fixed soon!

Sandybellee
12-31-15, 04:59 AM
Maybe they are testing it out, having the higher costs for a portion of new accounts. I certainly would not speed anything up at those prices!

MaribouMay
12-31-15, 10:05 AM
Also had a treasure box there as well, was amazed 150 gold, 5000 food and 25000 coin for $2.99! You could have knocked me other with a feather so I bought it straight away:)

I believe the first offer or two is pretty cheap for every new game. I remember getting a package for very little real money when I first started playing. Don't expect it to last.

random59
01-04-16, 11:27 PM
Kooky, I know the support staff are playing catch up this seems rather unfair that some games seem so out of whack with the norm! Could be please take this up with support on our behalf. Thanks:)

random59
01-08-16, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=random59;1231193]Kooky, I know the support staff are playing catch up this seems rather unfair that some games seem so out of whack with the norm! Could be please take this up with support on our behalf. Thanks:)

Just got this reply back from the powers that be. Honestly this answer does not surprise me in the least. MONEY!!!!!!:(

Please note that changes to features or prices may occur as you continue to play the game. We continue to make adjustments to the game's economy and balance to ensure the prolonged quality of the game for both new and existing users.

ellaslair
01-08-16, 03:32 PM
My sister received the identical response...

Thank you for your query and feedback regarding the new alterations to this feature. Unfortunately, we are not able to revert the changes back to the previous state at this time, though we will make sure to notify the development team about your feedback regarding this change.

Please note that changes to features or prices may occur as you continue to play the game. We continue to make adjustments to the game's economy and balance to ensure the prolonged quality of the game for both new and existing users.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

hiabarara
01-08-16, 03:42 PM
"we will make sure to notify the development team about your feedback regarding this change" Well, that only means they heard that you don't like it. Nothing more. Doesn't seem like they'll change it back and it's not a bug.

This is really mean. Does that mean the amount of gold for Ultimate Attack or skipping quests in Dragon Tales differs now, too? I mean that's not a small change. It must be really frustrating. It's one thing if everyone has to pay these prices from the beginning, but it's completely different if you know that your neighbours have to pay so much less than you.

random59
01-08-16, 03:57 PM
The real kicker is that Dragon Tales is available and we get Jack and King, no Queen the Gold prize is 5 gold. This has made the decision for my son that he will gift me the gold daily and not play regularly as it is only going to be a money pit!!!!!!!:(

hiabarara
01-08-16, 04:00 PM
The real kicker is that Dragon Tales is available and we get Jack and King, no Queen the Gold prize is 5 gold. This has made the decision for my son that he will gift me the gold daily and not play regularly as it is only going to be a money pit!!!!!!!:(

WHOA. You don't get a third dragon? Is it possible that it's only a level thing? Maybe players with a lower level don't get three dragons. That would be a reason to level up I guess. But if that's not the case and it's seriously connected to the new accounts, then it's just incredibly awful!

random59
01-08-16, 04:10 PM
WHOA. You don't get a third dragon? Is it possible that it's only a level thing? Maybe players with a lower level don't get three dragons. That would be a reason to level up I guess. But if that's not the case and it's seriously connected to the new accounts, then it's just incredibly awful!

Nope first prize is the Tree and chapter 1 was only 4 Impruberries! I would say The new game I loaded on my new phone will only get 1 dragon as I won't have the food to take it up to required level.

Cost of food 800 = 20 gold, 4,000 = 100 gold, 20,000 = 500 gold and 40,000 = 1000 gold. MONEY!!!!!!!!:(

DeeDe99
01-08-16, 08:25 PM
"we will make sure to notify the development team about your feedback regarding this change" Well, that only means they heard that you don't like it. Nothing more. Doesn't seem like they'll change it back and it's not a bug.

This is really mean. Does that mean the amount of gold for Ultimate Attack or skipping quests in Dragon Tales differs now, too? I mean that's not a small change. It must be really frustrating. It's one thing if everyone has to pay these prices from the beginning, but it's completely different if you know that your neighbours have to pay so much less than you.

What concerns me about that response is it strongly indicates they didn't bother checking properly. I have an intense dislike for canned responses from any supplier of goods and services. Canned responses are usually issued based on keywords in the initial communication and in many organisations these days are not even read by an actual person.

blackeneddove
01-08-16, 11:11 PM
Nope first prize is the Tree and chapter 1 was only 4 Impruberries! I would say The new game I loaded on my new phone will only get 1 dragon as I won't have the food to take it up to required level.

Cost of food 800 = 20 gold, 4,000 = 100 gold, 20,000 = 500 gold and 40,000 = 1000 gold. MONEY!!!!!!!!:(

What level are you playing at where the first prize is a tree, if you don't mind me asking? I've heard players below a certain level had it easier during the tales. Maybe since it's "easier" they have made the prizes different as well?

random59
01-09-16, 12:19 AM
What level are you playing at where the first prize is a tree, if you don't mind me asking? I've heard players below a certain level had it easier during the tales. Maybe since it's "easier" they have made the prizes different as well?

Level 13, just loaded game onto new phone, was going to play it but now it will be for a laugh, so will post what chapter 2 is for low levels. Can only see me getting one dragon, don't even have battle arena, my main game is level 180.

DeeDe99
01-09-16, 12:40 AM
Level 13, just loaded game onto new phone, was going to play it but now it will be for a laugh, so will post what chapter 2 is for low levels. Can only see me getting one dragon, don't even have battle arena, my main game is level 180.

That's really odd, because Tales has, as far as I know, never been available at levels that low. Usually level 23 and a couple have been available to players at level 17.

If you are seeing it at level 13, I would say you are on a much reduced task level. I can't imagine even trying to do Tales at level 13 - certainly not the usual difficulty for level 23. If that is the case, I would think that lesser prizes would also be applicable - that would make sense.

The Battle Arena is only available for players once they reach Level 30 and Tournaments from Level 32. So you shouldn't have it on a new game.

random59
01-09-16, 02:49 AM
Oops, thanks for the heads up and Shut the front door I am aware of the above, but yes I do have it on new game on phone! I do believe that is why I have posted my chapter 2 on the feed concerning the tales!
As for the spin the wheel, 20 gold, used to get 30 and now none, oops have you ever received gold from the wheel, Tarot, Behomoth and Mischef, food is 100, 400 and maybe 800, and coin is non existent, but yep as consumers we should all be treated equal!

DeeDe99
01-09-16, 03:41 AM
No, I have NEVER seen gold on the Wheel, although I believe there was in the early, early days - not in my time.

Just checked my daughter's island - she is also level 13 but there is NO Dragon Tales podium on her island.

random59
01-09-16, 04:02 AM
No, I have NEVER seen gold on the Wheel, although I believe there was in the early, early days - not in my time.

Just checked my daughter's island - she is also level 13 but there is NO Dragon Tales podium on her island.

Guess she is an unlucky player then!

DeeDe99
01-09-16, 04:05 AM
Guess she is an unlucky player then!

No, I think it is possible only Android players under 27 have it - checked my neighbours, only one under level 27 has the podium. Or there is some other criteria - beta test group perhaps?

mylord7
01-09-16, 08:32 AM
As for the spin the wheel, 20 gold, used to get 30 and now none, oops have you ever received gold from the wheel...
I have received 20 golds once on my second account, when i was lower than Level 30.
During the previous 4 or 5 wheels of spin, there is no "20 Golds" reward, but a gold brick of road.

moinkmama
01-09-16, 12:04 PM
No, I think it is possible only Android players under 27 have it - checked my neighbours, only one under level 27 has the podium. Or there is some other criteria - beta test group perhaps?

Just to add another experience.....I downloaded this game probably 6 months ago as a goal from one of my other s8 games but never really played it, so a newer player but not brand new. Recently got a goal to reach a certain level and started playing again. I'm on level 16, play on both iPad and Android and I have the Dragon Tales on both. They are the easier levels mentioned above - day 1, plant 4 Impruberries and then harvest them. Day 2, visit 5 community members, then harvest 4 Firapples.

DeeDe99
01-09-16, 03:27 PM
I'm GUESSING there is a beta trial going on to see how lower levels cope with or respond to Dragon Tales events.

random59
01-09-16, 04:23 PM
I'm GUESSING there is a beta trial going on to see how lower levels cope with or respond to Dragon Tales events.

I know when Beta testing has been done previously, it is only done on one operating system, this appears to be popping up on android as well!

random59
01-09-16, 04:25 PM
I have received 20 golds once on my second account, when i was lower than Level 30.
During the previous 4 or 5 wheels of spin, there is no "20 Golds" reward, but a gold brick of road.

Unsure, I have received 20 gold and the gold brick road is also on my wheel!

DeeDe99
01-10-16, 01:15 AM
I know when Beta testing has been done previously, it is only done on one operating system, this appears to be popping up on android as well!

I wasn't thinking of systems testing as such, more marketing focus group type testing. Certainly odd, whatever it is.