PDA

View Full Version : New dragons: Eve Dragon & New Year Dragon

hiabarara
12-29-15, 12:02 PM

I really like Eve Dragon, so I'll try to breed this one :)

edit: New Year Dragon is not new, but it's back for a limited time.

belarica
12-29-15, 12:06 PM
I really thought eve was another treasure dragon. It's beautiful and I really, really want her!

kirby52
12-29-15, 12:07 PM
Anyone know breed times for these two?

hiabarara
12-29-15, 12:10 PM
I really thought eve was another treasure dragon. It's beautiful and I really, really want her!

Haha, I thought the same! :D I thought S8 was really throwing new dragons at us now.

random59
12-29-15, 12:14 PM
Anyone know breed times for these two?

Breed time for Eve is 23 hours, the same as night!:( So you won't know if you have it until you hatch it:(

Sandybellee
12-29-15, 12:23 PM
Now I'm kicking myself for speeding for Future! I like Eve a lot more! As soon as my final Sunrise fail clears the den, I'll be going for Eve.

persezabar
12-29-15, 12:23 PM
My first try for Eve,fail, I don't belive another Sunrise 😭. I used Moon and Shadow, two dragons with black elements and result Sunrise. No way, no any more, STOP SUNRISE !!!!!

belarica
12-29-15, 12:27 PM
My first try for Eve,fail, I don't belive another Sunrise ��. I used Moon and Shadow, two dragons with black elements and result Sunrise. No way, no any more, STOP SUNRISE !!!!!

They heard we hate sunrise during the trio event, so they decide to add another dragon that results in sunrise. /sigh

hiabarara
12-29-15, 12:28 PM
My first try for Eve,fail, I don't belive another Sunrise ��. I used Moon and Shadow, two dragons with black elements and result Sunrise. No way, no any more, STOP SUNRISE !!!!!

I'll try with Harvest/Lotus and it has 49 possible outcomes, including Sunrise. I think by the end of the year Sunrise will be number 1 of the most annoying dragons :mad: I simply wish we wouldn't waste 24 hours with it.

cazile81
12-29-15, 12:53 PM
I'm trying with Diamond an Astro in hopes for a Black Diamond or Dark Angel fail

lady_saphira
12-29-15, 01:00 PM
In trying for the eve, I've got 21 hours breeding with both yellow/black/white combo.

Can't remember what combo, just that both are tri-colors, black/yellow/white.

persezabar
12-29-15, 01:13 PM
I'll try with Harvest/Lotus and it has 49 possible outcomes, including Sunrise. I think by the end of the year Sunrise will be number 1 of the most annoying dragons :mad: I simply wish we wouldn't waste 24 hours with it.

Yes, dragon of the year, still well that soon the New Year :-P and than I hope never again breed Sunrise.

groovyedwin
12-29-15, 01:35 PM
A 14hr egg. Hopefully not a Mist dragon. Sunrise and Fruitful are some of the least liked dragons now. Will Mist join their ranks?

belarica
12-29-15, 01:38 PM
A 14hr egg. Hopefully not a Mist dragon. Sunrise and Fruitful are some of the least liked dragons now. Will Mist join their ranks?

I think mist was already in the "we hate you" club

random59
12-29-15, 01:49 PM
In trying for the eve, I've got 21 hours breeding with both yellow/black/white combo.

Can't remember what combo, just that both are tri-colors, black/yellow/white.

You have Social on the way!

OutBirdWatching
12-29-15, 01:57 PM
I got a 17 hour egg with air combined with a black/white dragon, forget the name.... Ghost something? Idk

belarica
12-29-15, 01:58 PM
I got a 17 hour egg with air combined with a black/white dragon, forget the name.... Ghost something? Idk

Ghost armor? I think I read somewhere that eve is 23 hours

DeeDe99
12-29-15, 02:12 PM
Night is about to inherit the most hated crown from Sunrise, I suspect.

OutBirdWatching
12-29-15, 02:15 PM
Ghost armor? I think I read somewhere that eve is 23 hours

Yes, that is the one.

I got another 17 hour egg with Angel and Shadow which will be Cloud or Luck, grrrrr

viridium
12-29-15, 02:34 PM
I wonder if I should buy one of them but eve you are so expensive and i honestly spare for a new gold dragon on sale for 600.

DeeDe99
12-29-15, 02:37 PM
Ghost Armor + Bat = 14 hours for me. MIGHT be something I don't have, but I'm doubtful given I just got Future! Can't expect two new in a row!

zyfazix
12-29-15, 03:04 PM
trying with Angel x Emberglow. 54 outcomes total. I'm really a fan of these Valentine based dragons. Will speed up the previous breed before going to bed to start trying for this, can't use too much gold speeding up because I also want to buy Prime Eternal :(

stefen35
12-29-15, 06:20 PM
gonna try for this first and well , i need to stop breeding for prime eternal -_-

stefen35
12-29-15, 06:21 PM
first try manticore :( already have 3 before

belarica
12-29-15, 07:05 PM
My first fail is12 hours

stefen35
12-29-15, 07:11 PM
since this dragon is really cool i gonna breed until 5-10-15 attempts
cause i need some dragon while trying for this one ;)

mimiamelia
12-29-15, 09:21 PM
First fail is 14hr, probably mist. Good luck to all!! :)

roguebee
12-29-15, 09:47 PM
I'm trying with Diamond an Astro in hopes for a Black Diamond or Dark Angel fail

I was going to try Astro and Night, but I think I like your suggestion of Astro and Diamond even better.

tops84
12-29-15, 11:25 PM
I was thinking of using Astro and diamond but I tried night and harvest first got 7hr timer : )

hungryres
12-29-15, 11:45 PM
trying for new year dragon, wizard x stardust got me 23 hr.... urgh.....
getting two fuzzy in a row for the last two try for future, i just laid wild dragon egg on the nest trying out for winter lily.. it seems old dragons fails are visiting me again

stevenlee2905
12-30-15, 01:12 AM
Good luck everyone.
Hope I can manage to breed one this time.

Diamond >< Astro:
1st try: 17 hours - Luck.
2nd try: 10 hours - Coral.

Astro >< Diamond:
1st try: 14 hours - Mist.
2nd try: 14 hours - Patchwork.
3rd try: 12 hours - Winter.

Infinity >< Astro:
1st try: 16 hours - Ambassador.

Astro >< Infinity
1st try: 4 hours - Hippogriff.
2nd try: 14 hours - Mist.

Brightsteel >< Shadow

Ghost Armor >< Air
2nd try: 7 hours - Seer.

Lol... Almost all commoners... I hate this, but this is funny... :D

Jennerwein1
12-30-15, 01:37 AM
Bred Ghost Armor with Air, 20 hrs. Hot Chocolate ? Now that I am not trying for it, I get it. Go figure. Really want Eve though.

TwinkleTwiny
12-30-15, 02:06 AM
I just got 14h with Ghost Armor and Harvest, please not a mist, I really hate them now

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 02:19 AM
Breed time for Eve is 23 hours, the same as night!:( So you won't know if you have it until you hatch it:(

I think Night can only be bred from dragons providing blue and purple, not from splits, so maybe in the clear? But plenty of possible progeny, won't be easy.....

pernmagic
12-30-15, 03:38 AM
I'm trying for Eve with diamond X Astro for first attempt anyway ..... May try others if more possible

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 03:50 AM
I'm trying for Eve with diamond X Astro for first attempt anyway ..... May try others if more possible

Many of us poor newer arrivals do not have this Astro everyone is talking about - rather wish we did!

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 04:34 AM
Oh well, my first fail is a Mist. Can only improve from here. I hope.

Edit: or not...... Try # 2 is......... Wait for it........ 14 hours.......

hiabarara
12-30-15, 05:12 AM
Just realized I used the wrong dragons for the last two tries. I still had the Cauldron colors in my head (black/yellow/green) because I was still trying for it, so I accidentally continued to use these colors instead of black/yellow/white. Arrghhh :c

stefen35
12-30-15, 06:13 AM
fails
-manticore
-genie
-honeybee

Natasha_07
12-30-15, 06:54 AM
Another fancy pansy I won't get, most likely given my current record. No Hanukkah, jingle bells, past, present, future...

I could go on... I highly doubt these will visit my island just like the holiday dragons from the last spin wheel. :(

D_Raho
12-30-15, 07:01 AM
I can't believe the roll I've been on this holiday season. Every limited dragon I've tried to breed that I actually want, I get. In less than three tries typically. Sometimes on the first try. My first fail was a Luck Dragon, but it was in fact a signal of what lie ahead of me. I just got 23 hours with Sunrise and Night! Eve will be mine by this time tomorrow. I think she deserves her own habitat too. I don't usually have the RNG Gods look favorably upon me, but after getting Hanukkah, Past, Present, Future, and Hot Chocolate so easily, I'm in a very good mood. I have no desire for the New Year Dragon, but I may go for it anyway "just because", with this current luck. Even though I've yet to be blessed with a Diamond in all this time on my main account. But you know what they say: Patient is a string of Virtue Dragon fails.

Good luck everyone!

Emmajlb
12-30-15, 07:07 AM
I can't believe the roll I've been on this holiday season. Every limited dragon I've tried to breed that I actually want, I get. In less than three tries typically. Sometimes on the first try. My first fail was a Luck Dragon, but it was in fact a signal of what lie ahead of me. I just got 23 hours with Sunrise and Night! Eve will be mine by this time tomorrow. I think she deserves her own habitat too. I don't usually have the RNG Gods look favorably upon me, but after getting Hanukkah, Past, Present, Future, and Hot Chocolate so easily, I'm in a very good mood. I have no desire for the New Year Dragon, but I may go for it anyway "just because", with this current luck. Even though I've yet to be blessed with a Diamond in all this time on my main account. But you know what they say: Patient is a string of Virtue Dragon fails.

Good luck everyone!

Lucky you :) wish I had your luck.
I tried for:
Giftwrap failed
Past failed
Present failed
Future failed
Can't remember when I last got a new dragon besides the ones we won but on my baby account I was able to breed all the dragons I mentioned. My main account just isn't as lucky :(
First attempt at Eve on main account - sunrise fail & baby account - mist fail.

Oh and I've been trying for gold and Angel for months on my main account, nothing yet but got them both almost immediately on my baby one.

belarica
12-30-15, 08:58 AM
First fail was winter, which I needed since I guess I sold them all at one point, got clown second and now I have a 6 hour fail breeding. Hope my fails keep being this short!

Milecia
12-30-15, 11:40 AM
Wanted to breed Eve with Moon + Air and got New Year !!!!! :-)

pernmagic
12-30-15, 01:24 PM
Many of us poor newer arrivals do not have this Astro everyone is talking about - rather wish we did!

Don't worry ..... Horrible long fails with combo when I checked and first two were commons so trying Avalanche and air and my breeding success recently is rubbish so not hopeful :)

Drachenia
12-30-15, 03:17 PM
I breed with Astro / Prime Eternal my 1st attempt Black Diamond and now I have 17 hours

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 03:49 PM
Lucky you :) wish I had your luck.
I tried for:
Giftwrap failed
Past failed
Present failed
Future failed
Can't remember when I last got a new dragon besides the ones we won but on my baby account I was able to breed all the dragons I mentioned. My main account just isn't as lucky :(
First attempt at Eve on main account - sunrise fail & baby account - mist fail.

Oh and I've been trying for gold and Angel for months on my main account, nothing yet but got them both almost immediately on my baby one.

I got Future, but consequently didn't get to even try for any of the others, like Tinsel etc, so I feel your pain!

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 04:18 PM
Oh well, my first fail is a Mist. Can only improve from here. I hope.

Edit: or not...... Try # 2 is......... Wait for it........ 14 hours.......

Second was another Mist. Third try Clown or Seer, 7 hours. I REALLY want this dragon.

stefen35
12-30-15, 07:14 PM
fails
-firestorm
-genie
-honeybee
-winter :mad: seriously :( i really want to see 23 hours for having a chance to get DA and Eve
think i gonna change my combo later ;(

stefen35
12-30-15, 07:17 PM
I breed with Astro / Prime Eternal my 1st attempt Black Diamond and now I have 17 hours

wow you are so lucky :b really want second black diamond though :b lol

stefen35
12-30-15, 07:21 PM

Good luck everyone!

wow you are lucky lol :b i have all christmas and new year dragons except winter lily,white witch,sugar plum, sparkler and eve
for halloween i still need so many :b such as skeleton,spider,sugarskull,sour candy,and couldron

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 07:23 PM
A neighbour tells me Eve was produced using Diamond/Shadow. I wouldn't think that possible. Am I missing something?

stefen35
12-30-15, 07:26 PM
A neighbour tells me Eve was produced using Diamond/Shadow. I wouldn't think that possible. Am I missing something?

hmm that sounds impossible :b

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 07:28 PM
Thanks Stefen. That's what I thought.

belarica
12-30-15, 07:39 PM
Here's what I've got so far.

Winter
Clown
Ember glow
14 hours

Grats those who've gotten eve already. How can diamond x shadow make eve though?? There's no white in that combo

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 07:49 PM
How can diamond x shadow make eve though?? There's no white in that combo

I have asked my neighbour, but might have to wait 12 hours for an answer as only seems to be online once or twice a day. I asked here because if it worked, I'd try it, but I couldn't see anyway it would work. Same question I had - where is the white coming from. Maybe my neighbour just made a typo and meant Light/Shadow, I don't know. Or we have a glitch like the Infinity glitch (before my time)?

Think I will stick to a white/yellow/black combo in the meantime! :D

BiteMe111
12-30-15, 07:55 PM

Do you have any Diamond hybrids with black, white or yellow? If so, then pair that with a dragon that has the remaining colors and you'll have the same result (trying for Eve but with a chance of some interesting Diamond hybrid fails). I'm trying with Angel and Bat, no success so far.

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 08:21 PM
Do you have any Diamond hybrids with black, white or yellow? If so, then pair that with a dragon that has the remaining colors and you'll have the same result (trying for Eve but with a chance of some interesting Diamond hybrid fails). I'm trying with Angel and Bat, no success so far.

I have Gold, so could try Gold and Ghost Armor. Thanks for the suggestion, as I would love Black Diamond! Have a 4 hour fail cooking now, so will give it a whirl after that. My other Diamond hybrids are red, pink and green, so not useful here.

Just wish we knew if changing combos is a hindrance or a help, or has no significance at all (I tend to think each pairing is a roll of the dice, irrespective of whether it is the same pair or not).

irishbaker3
12-30-15, 10:03 PM
So I think I got either Celestial or New Year 9hrs with Lighthouse and Magic. Fingers crossed!!!

DeeDe99
12-31-15, 02:06 AM
Isn't New Year a possible fail from trying for Eve? If the black splits, plus the yellow? Mind you all my fails have blue on the split so far.

stefen35
12-31-15, 02:39 AM
fails
-firestorm
-genie
-honeybee
-winter
-social
-horizon :mad: which i have 2 already :( and btw i used boosted breed ;( totally waste my gold

DeeDe99
12-31-15, 05:09 AM
So far every fail has been blue/yellow. I find this statistically odd, given there are five colours possible: black, white, yellow, blue and purple (when black splits). So how can 100% of the results be blue/yellow?

This means black has split 100% of the time therefore there has been 4 colours available in the pool each time. I would expect a 16.66% chance for each possible combination: blue/yellow, Blue/white, purple/yellow, purple/white, white/yellow, purple/blue. And that's excluding the tri-colour possibilities: including those would mean an even lower chance of any one result.

This is very odd.

stefen35
12-31-15, 05:16 AM
[QUOTE=DeeDe99;1229483]So far every fail has been blue/yellow. I find this statistically odd, given there are five colours possible: black, white, yellow, blue and purple (when black splits). So how can 100% of the results be blue/yellow?

This means black has split 100% of the time therefore there has been 4 colours available in the pool each time. I would expect a 16.66% chance for each possible combination: blue/yellow, Blue/white, purple/yellow, purple/white, white/yellow, purple/blue. And that's excluding the tri-colour possibilities: including those would mean an even lower chance of any one result.

did you mean your fails when trying for this one ??? and i think this dragon will be as tough as jingle bell and future

runamuck1
12-31-15, 05:33 AM
First attempt with Ghost Armor and Air got a Leo. Sweet, didn't have a zodiac yet.

Facht
12-31-15, 05:34 AM
Isn't New Year a possible fail from trying for Eve? If the black splits, plus the yellow? Mind you all my fails have blue on the split so far.

Think I will get a New Year as a result of trying for Eve...
Not sure about how many hours new year is thouh!?

hiabarara
12-31-15, 06:54 AM
I just got Amberglow. That's pretty cool because I don't have it yet and I like the design of it, but I thought it was an expired dragon when I saw it a few weeks/months ago :)

stefen35
12-31-15, 07:27 AM
Think I will get a New Year as a result of trying for Eve...
Not sure about how many hours new year is thouh!?

new year=9 hours :)
if you get 9 hours you could get celestial,bat,or new year :D

stefen35
12-31-15, 07:43 AM
fails
-firestorm
-genie
-honeybee
-winter
-social
-horizon which i have 2 already and btw i used boosted breed ;( totally waste my gold
-got mist dragon :( :mad: seriously ;(

tengoambre123
12-31-15, 08:38 AM
literally every single time I've ever put my Diamond and Astro dragons together, I've gotten Mist. I have 2 mist eggs on my nests and a mist in my breeding den. and im not exaggerating. it's literally every, single, time. :(

tengoambre123
12-31-15, 08:42 AM
literally every single time I've ever put my Diamond and Astro dragons together, I've gotten Mist. I have 2 mist eggs on my nests and a mist in my breeding den. and im not exaggerating. it's literally every, single, time. :(

and i do mean EVERY time

lady_saphira
12-31-15, 08:55 AM
You have Social on the way!

It was actually Leo and I was so freaking excited after being disappointed about another social. First zodiac dragon!

cazile81
12-31-15, 09:26 AM
So far every fail has been blue/yellow. I find this statistically odd, given there are five colours possible: black, white, yellow, blue and purple (when black splits). So how can 100% of the results be blue/yellow?

This is very odd.
All of my attempts have been blue/yellow too and mostly Mist.

Bastiaan0
12-31-15, 09:29 AM
I had too many Sunrise fails while trying for Past and no luck breeding limited dragons at all lately, so decided to go back trying to breed diamond hybrids. Put Infinity and Mask in the den, as I still need Anubis, Unicorn, Black Diamond and Dark Angel. Got me an Aether
Along came two new dragons, it's especially Eve I like very much. Ok, well let's give it a try, just add yellow to the pool and both are possible. So started breeding Gold and Mask, these are the results so far:
1: Mist
2: Firestorm
3: *now breeding for 24 hours*
*of course , more Sunrises
** Could also be Dark Angel
* Don't think of that!!
** Why not? It's a slim chance, but it's possible...
* I'd rather hope for a Sunrise and get real happy tomorrow if it's a Dark Angel, than the other way around and get disappointed!

cazile81
12-31-15, 09:32 AM

Same here...I thought it was just me but I sped it up a few times and Mist was all I was getting so I switched dragons but I'm still getting blue/yellow dragons.

cazile81
12-31-15, 09:40 AM
On the bright side, I did manage to breed Eve with Dark Angel and Harvest on my son's account. Then again the Trio dragons were a total miss on his account, not even one. If you'd like to see it visit nmt1025.

tengoambre123
12-31-15, 09:41 AM
Same here...I thought it was just me but I sped it up a few times and Mist was all I was getting so I switched dragons but I'm still getting blue/yellow dragons.

I'm so confused! I thought it was just bad luck but with 57 possibilities (including other hated commons like Winter, Coral, Genie and the worst of all... LUCK) I'm at a loss as to how I keep getting mist. Even before trying for Eve, i would put these 2 together in hopes of a super rare or diamond hybrid (as there SIX we can get) but every single time i get the stupid 14 hour timer :( . im wondering if it a glitch of some sort of if i just have the worst luck in the world.

mimiamelia
12-31-15, 12:33 PM
No luck for me either...

1. Mist
2. Coral
3. Seer
4. Winter
5. Luck
6. Social
7. Mist
8. Social again......seriously??

belarica
12-31-15, 12:55 PM
Winter
Clown
Emberglow
Mist
14 hour

I hope my new 14 hour is a tricorn! But probably another mist

DeeDe99
12-31-15, 01:27 PM

This is very odd.

Up to my 7th try now and still 100% yellow/blue outcomes.

I see I am not the only one. This is very strange to say the least.

pernmagic
12-31-15, 01:46 PM
Using air X Avalanche .... So far a sunrise and island ..... Oh well

belarica
12-31-15, 01:56 PM

I change my combo every time. This time I'm using ghost armor x chandelier, next time I think I'll try smoke x air

DeeDe99
12-31-15, 02:03 PM

Pernmagic, where did the green come from?

DeeDe99
12-31-15, 04:22 PM
I change my combo every time. This time I'm using ghost armor x chandelier, next time I think I'll try smoke x air

Do you find changing each time improves your chances? I wonder about that a lot.

roguebee
12-31-15, 05:42 PM
Well DeeDee, add 3 more Mists in three tries for this one

MaribouMay
12-31-15, 05:51 PM
I hope my new 14 hour is a tricorn! But probably another mist

If I had a nickel for every time I have had that same hope ...

So far I have gotten several Mists, several Cosmos, Sunrise, Hippogriff, Griffin, and now Hypnotic. Unfortunately, nothing is new to my isle.

DeeDe99
12-31-15, 06:31 PM
My 8th try just went on the Den, another 7 hours, so has to be another yellow/blue (Seer or Clown). That's 8 out of 8.

So far 4 x Mist, 1 x Seer, 1 x Clown (new for me) and 1 x March Mayhem. I even went to my Android device and the Winter Wonderland edition (that may have been the problem!) for the 8th attempt - still got a yellow/blue outcome. Where is the purple or white? Why is the black splitting 100% of the time?

Mind you, I got eleven Fruitfuls in a row when trying for Present, but there the colours were constantly green/yellow parents, so that doesn't bother me quite as much from a probability perspective. This is just weird stuff.

stefen35
12-31-15, 06:56 PM
fails
-firestorm
-genie
-honeybee
-winter
-social
-horizon which i have 2 already and btw i used boosted breed ;( totally waste my gold
-got mist dragon
-another honeybee :(

DeeDe99
12-31-15, 07:20 PM
Stefen, may I ask why you have red in your mix?

stefen35
12-31-15, 08:19 PM
Stefen, may I ask why you have red in your mix?

i was hoping for some fails that i need :b lol even though i know that it will increase the fails

DeeDe99
12-31-15, 08:28 PM
i was hoping for some fails that i need :b lol even though i know that it will increase the fails

Oh, OK, that makes sense. Thanks! :)

hungryres
12-31-15, 11:09 PM
fail so far:
night, mist, coral,
and it looks like i have another mist cooking...

belarica
12-31-15, 11:11 PM
Winter
Clown
Emberglow
Mist
Mist
Cosmos
14 hour

This 14 hour will be a tricorn, I just know it :)

stefen35
01-01-16, 12:58 AM
fails
-firestorm
-genie
-honeybee
-winter
-social
-got mist dragon
-honeybee
-another firestorm :mad: :(
gonna try 1 more before i gonna change my combo ;(

TwinkleTwiny
01-01-16, 03:38 AM
I got 2 new year with ghost armor and air. But I cannot get Eve :(

Bastiaan0
01-01-16, 04:12 AM
3: *now breeding for 24 hours*
*of course , more Sunrises
** Could also be Dark Angel
* Don't think of that!!
** Why not? It's a slim chance, but it's possible...
* I'd rather hope for a Sunrise and get real happy tomorrow if it's a Dark Angel, than the other way around and get disappointed!

Of course it was a Sunrise :(
Now breeding for 12 hours...

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
01-01-16, 05:52 AM
The New Year Dragon I think it was released 2 years ago..

stefen35
01-01-16, 05:58 AM
fails
-firestorm
-genie
-honeybee
-winter
-social
-got mist dragon
-honeybee
-another firestorm
-14 hours :(
fine tomorrow i will change my combo

roguebee
01-01-16, 09:00 AM
Trying with Diamond and Astro
Mist
Mist
Mist
Sunrise
Mist
Probably a Mindvolt on the nest.

kristen6207
01-01-16, 10:16 AM
Omg I didn't know it was 23 hours PLUS it is the same as the night.
I'm HOPING that I got the New Years Dragon. It would be nice :)
Crossing fingers :)

stefen35
01-01-16, 05:34 PM
fails
-firestorm
-genie
-honeybee
-winter
-social
-got mist dragon
-honeybee
-another firestorm
-mist
change my combo
-mist again :mad:

DeeDe99
01-01-16, 06:27 PM
I've tried various combinations, including Ghost Armor/Bat, Ghost Armor/Air, Past/Night, Shadow/Light, Future/Night Elf.

I have so far:

Mist x 4
Seer x 1
March Mayhem x 1
Clown x 3
Luck x 2

Now have 21 hours on the den, which is attempt 12.

After this I am going to try Gold/Ghost Armor.

DeeDe99
01-01-16, 06:29 PM
Omg I didn't know it was 23 hours PLUS it is the same as the night.
I'm HOPING that I got the New Years Dragon. It would be nice :)
Crossing fingers :)

Kristen, I believe (but cannot guarantee) that Night will not come from splits, only from parents having the blue and purple types. So you could be lucky and have Eve. New Year Dragon is 9 hours.

belarica
01-01-16, 09:47 PM
Winter
Clown
Emberglow
Mist
Mist
Cosmos
Mist
Seer
14 hours

Hmm I bet it's another mist

OutBirdWatching
01-01-16, 10:32 PM
Omg, just put Eve in my nest! Yay! Now to try for it on my other islands.... I forget what was breeding to get it (I really need to pay more attention to that), but I "think" it was Astro with either Prime Eternal or another dragon with a black component? Sorry I can't be more specific.

Edit: Astro plus Night may have been the combo I used?

DeeDe99
01-01-16, 11:20 PM
Omg, just put Eve in my nest! Yay! Now to try for it on my other islands.... I forget what was breeding to get it (I really need to pay more attention to that), but I "think" it was Astro with either Prime Eternal or another dragon with a black component? Sorry I can't be more specific.

Edit: Astro plus Night may have been the combo I used?

Congratulations! Lucky you! You sound like me re the detail - I'm good with breeding, enter it in spreadsheet as I do it. The Arena is where I forget. I get all excited and forget whether I did magic or bash! LOL

stefen35
01-02-16, 12:28 AM
fails
-firestorm
-genie
-honeybee
-winter
-social
-got mist dragon
-honeybee
-another firestorm
-mist
change my combo
-mist
-seafarer ;(

pernmagic
01-02-16, 01:58 AM
Simply to say .... I hate mists ...... :(

Sandybellee
01-02-16, 02:16 AM
No luck whatsoever so far... Haven't got anything good since I bred Present (which feels like ages ago). :p

DeeDe99
01-02-16, 02:38 AM
Simply to say .... I hate mists ...... :(

I'm trying to look at it from the positive aspect: Mists are shorter than Sunrises

Sandybellee
01-02-16, 02:43 AM
I'm trying to look at it from the positive aspect: Mists are shorter than Sunrises

Hear, hear! I think all commons with very long breeding times should be retired. 24 hours is an unreasonable common fail when trying for something limited.

pernmagic
01-02-16, 03:29 AM

Good point will try to use your positive thinking but every combo I try the result ends up another darn mist only positive is the snow globes are mounting slowly with them :)

DeeDe99
01-02-16, 03:40 AM
Pernmagic, I'm not having any luck either - current try is 21 hours - thinking Social but could be Leo - highly unlikely, I'm thinking.

stefen35
01-02-16, 04:41 AM
fails
-firestorm
-genie
-honeybee
-winter
-social
-got mist dragon
-honeybee
-another firestorm
-mist
-mist
-seafarer
-another mist :( i hate mist dragon , seriously :mad:
gonna try 2 more attempts before i gonna take a break

persezabar
01-02-16, 04:59 AM
After all my fails for Eve (almost 25, I breed also on breeding roost) I got 3 dragons which I have not had yet. I got Summer Elf, Tricom and now Hot Chocolate. I'm very happy for this 3 fails.

For Eve is limited just sale, or is this dragon limited until January 5?

DeeDe99
01-02-16, 05:08 AM
Pernmagic, I'm not having any luck either - current try is 21 hours - thinking Social but could be Leo - highly unlikely, I'm thinking.

I'm in shock! It WAS Leo. Popped them back on and got another 21 hours, so sped the up, it is Social :(

Gold + Smoke now have given me 8 hours. Not thrilling. :(

Bastiaan0
01-02-16, 05:27 AM
For Eve is limited just sale, or is this dragon limited until January 5?

Good question! Anyone?

Gold*Mask:
1: Mist
2: Firestorm
3: Sunrise
4: Firestorm
5: Bat :cool: Didn't have one yet :)
6: *playing in the den for 11 hours*

belarica
01-02-16, 07:47 AM
Winter
Clown
Emberglow
Mist
Mist
Cosmos
Mist
Seer
Mist
8 hours

roguebee
01-02-16, 08:32 AM
Trying with Diamond and Astro
Mist
Mist
Mist
Sunrise
Mist
Mindvolt
Wizard

Xyn25
01-02-16, 09:34 AM
Does anybody know when this dragon expires? Just trying to figure out if I should spend some gold speeding up...

redstar177
01-02-16, 12:16 PM
Kristen, I believe (but cannot guarantee) that Night will not come from splits, only from parents having the blue and purple types. So you could be lucky and have Eve. New Year Dragon is 9 hours.

You are correct. The only way to get Night as a possibility is to have Blue on one parent and Purple on the other. So, to ensure that you have Eve when you get 23 hrs, don't use Diamond (23 hrs could be DA) and make sure that Blue+Purple are on the same side. Here are some examples:

1.) Ghost Armor + Air= no blue/purple, so Night is not a fail. The Black will not split and reform to make Night.
2.) Aether +Astro= no Night fail. Blue+Purple are both on the same side. Again, the black will split, but cannot recombine with the Blue/Purple from Aether is form Night. The component colors (Blue/Purple) have to be in their pure form on each side of the breeding pair.
3.) Black Ice + Genie= Night is possible. Blue comes from Black Ice and Purple comes from Genie, so Night is becomes a possibility in the pool.

Hope that made sense! Lmk if I should be more clear haha

feonalily
01-02-16, 12:24 PM
at least I got a leo out of this. my first zodiac dragon

zyfazix
01-02-16, 01:14 PM
24-hour fail using Angel x Emberglow. Could be a Sunrise or a Black Diamond, please let it be a Black Diamond :o

belarica
01-02-16, 03:18 PM
Winter
Clown
Emberglow
Mist
Mist
Cosmos
Mist
Seer
Mist
Genie
23 hours

I used air x ghost armor the last time :D

blueangel826
01-02-16, 03:19 PM
Has New Year already ended? If not, when & what is her breeding time? Continue 2 fail with Eve but at least feel like I'm in good company! Thanks for help

D_Raho
01-02-16, 03:29 PM
Has New Year already ended? If not, when & what is her breeding time? Continue 2 fail with Eve but at least feel like I'm in good company! Thanks for help
I'm fairly certain she ended on the 1st. At least that's when it was no longer available in my market, sale or otherwise. Her breeding time was 9 hours, if I'm not mistaken.

blueangel826
01-02-16, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the info...much appreciated!

DeeDe99
01-02-16, 03:50 PM
You are correct. The only way to get Night as a possibility is to have Blue on one parent and Purple on the other. So, to ensure that you have Eve when you get 23 hrs, don't use Diamond (23 hrs could be DA) and make sure that Blue+Purple are on the same side. Here are some examples:

1.) Ghost Armor + Air= no blue/purple, so Night is not a fail. The Black will not split and reform to make Night.
2.) Aether +Astro= no Night fail. Blue+Purple are both on the same side. Again, the black will split, but cannot recombine with the Blue/Purple from Aether is form Night. The component colors (Blue/Purple) have to be in their pure form on each side of the breeding pair.
3.) Black Ice + Genie= Night is possible. Blue comes from Black Ice and Purple comes from Genie, so Night is becomes a possibility in the pool.

Hope that made sense! Lmk if I should be more clear haha

Perfectly explained! Love the examples!

DeeDe99
01-02-16, 03:51 PM
I used air x ghost armor the last time :D

Might go back to trying that combo again

stefen35
01-02-16, 05:41 PM
fails
-firestorm
-genie
-honeybee
-winter
-social
-got mist dragon
-honeybee
-another firestorm
-mist
-mist
-seafarer
-another mist i hate mist dragon , seriously
-14 hours again :mad: seriously there is something wrong with this dragon!!!!!!! :(
fine i gonna stop trying this dragon for a while
getting tired if those mist !!!

stefen35
01-02-16, 10:48 PM
fails
-firestorm
-genie
-honeybee
-winter
-social
-got mist dragon
-honeybee
-another firestorm
-mist
-mist
-seafarer
-mist
decided try one more try with new combo and bam 14 hours again :mad: :( so mad
seriously there is something wrong with this dragon!!!!!!!
100% i wont try for this dragon again for the next few attempts !!! :mad:

blackeneddove
01-02-16, 11:07 PM
Got one breeding!! Yes! :D So happy after losing out on Future, Jingle Bell & tinsel.

I used Brightsteel & Shadow. Second try with this combo, 13th try overall. The other pairs I tried were Gold & Moon, then Gold & Smoke. Got no good fails from either of them (like diamond hybrids :D), so I finally switched to try for possible metal-hybrid fails. I guess getting a metal hybrid on my island is harder than getting Eve. lol

Good luck to everyone trying!

DeeDe99
01-02-16, 11:23 PM
Got one breeding!! Yes! :D So happy after losing out on Future, Jingle Bell & tinsel.

I used Brightsteel & Shadow. Second try with this combo, 13th try overall. The other pairs I tried were Gold & Moon, then Gold & Smoke. Got no good fails from either of them (like diamond hybrids :D), so I finally switched to try for possible metal-hybrid fails. I guess getting a metal hybrid on my island is harder than getting Eve. lol

I got Future (at THE last minute) but I'm not feeling positive about this one, and I like it so much more! Congratulations! I looked up Brightsteel, rather a cute dragon, must try for that, if it's still available (forgot to check).

jjblueyes
01-03-16, 01:43 AM

Congrats! Gonna steal your combo & try next. I will buy her if I can't breed her. I decided between Eve and New Years that I liked Eve better and would buy if I had to. Fingers crossed I don't have too! I've gotten 2 dragons the past week that I've not been able prior trying for these guys however. Trihorn and seafarer. Both have eluded my island. I feel good about that. Congrats again friend!

D_Raho
01-03-16, 01:44 AM
Congrats, blackeneddove!

And no, DeeDe. Brightsteel was a tournament dragon early last year, I think.

DeeDe99
01-03-16, 02:00 AM
@JJBlueEyes - glad to hear you are planning on buying if necessary - so am I, but I didn't want to be the only one! LOL

@D_Raho - thanks, yes, I checked later and saw that. Very sad. Funnily enough, I don't like the Poison base much, but I like both DarkSteel and BrightSteel.

DeeDe99
01-03-16, 03:26 AM
I've tried various combinations, including Ghost Armor/Bat, Ghost Armor/Air, Past/Night, Shadow/Light, Future/Night Elf.

I have so far:

Mist x 4
Seer x 1
March Mayhem x 1
Clown x 3
Luck x 2

Now have 21 hours on the den, which is attempt 12.

After this I am going to try Gold/Ghost Armor.

So since the above (the 21 hours was Leo) I have scored a Social, Genie, Mist and have another 21 hours cooking for attempt number 16. One Clown and the Leo is the only new ones for me, had to dash out and buy a second Zodiac Zone.

Very demoralising, I have to say.

Bastiaan0
01-03-16, 01:14 PM
So since the above (the 21 hours was Leo) I have scored a Social, Genie, Mist and have another 21 hours cooking for attempt number 16. One Clown and the Leo is the only new ones for me, had to dash out and buy a second Zodiac Zone.

Very demoralising, I have to say.

Obtaining two new dragons by breeding demoralising :confused: Are you kidding me? :p Wish I could do that...

DeeDe99
01-03-16, 01:58 PM
Obtaining two new dragons by breeding demoralising :confused: Are you kidding me? :p Wish I could do that...

Well, no, but they are not the dragon I was after, so many failed attempts for a specific dragon is demoralising. Especially after the Trio stress. Over 20 tries for Present and I forget how many for Future, but it was high. The 21 hours are as bad as Sunrise fails.

Bastiaan0
01-03-16, 02:00 PM
Still you have two dragons you didn't have before ;)

stefen35
01-03-16, 03:50 PM
fails
-firestorm
-genie
-honeybee
-winter
-social
-got mist dragon
-honeybee
-another firestorm
-mist
-mist
-seafarer
-mist
-patchwork
-smoke
-14 hours :mad:
decided to try this a few more attempst ;(

hiabarara
01-03-16, 04:06 PM
It's really frustrating to try for a limited dragon when there are 48 other possible outcomes /sigh

Simdiva
01-03-16, 05:19 PM
I tried a few times and after nothing but winter, luck, etc wondered why was I trying so hard for something when I already had the combo in Astro and don't use it all that much. Back to my tries for other stuff even tho I do like Eve a lot.

TwinkleTwiny
01-03-16, 05:23 PM
I keep having sunrise and mist. At least, hot chocolate showed up his nose between them ☺

DeeDe99
01-03-16, 06:13 PM
it's really frustrating to try for a limited dragon when there are 48 other possible outcomes /sigh

i agree!!!

Dragosle
01-03-16, 08:03 PM
Every breedable dragon with Sunrise/Poison/Island fail on the list are painfull (=_=")

Wait does Eve also limited like New Year or just the sale?

DeeDe99
01-03-16, 08:26 PM
Dragosle, I can't be sure from the notice. It isn't clear.

hungryres
01-03-16, 08:44 PM
cannot get new year at the end before it disappeared from the market...

turn to try for eve dragon, and got it on the first try

blackeneddove
01-03-16, 09:09 PM
I got Future (at THE last minute) but I'm not feeling positive about this one, and I like it so much more! Congratulations! I looked up Brightsteel, rather a cute dragon, must try for that, if it's still available (forgot to check).

Congrats on Future! That's super cool that you managed to get one, even if at the last minute. It must have made the shock of it that much more shocking! :D

DeeDe99
01-03-16, 09:10 PM
turn to try for eve dragon, and got it on the first try

You do realise some of us absolutely loathe you right now? :mad:

:o

blackeneddove
01-03-16, 09:12 PM
Congrats! Gonna steal your combo & try next. I will buy her if I can't breed her. I decided between Eve and New Years that I liked Eve better and would buy if I had to. Fingers crossed I don't have too! I've gotten 2 dragons the past week that I've not been able prior trying for these guys however. Trihorn and seafarer. Both have eluded my island. I feel good about that. Congrats again friend!

Good luck, Jen! I hope you get one too. :) I definitely love the look of the Eve dragon - can't wait until it hatches. :D And congrats on your Tricorn & Seafarer! I got a new dragon last week too while trying for the Future dragon (I think), my first Lorekeeper. :)

blackeneddove
01-03-16, 09:18 PM
Congrats, blackeneddove!

And no, DeeDe. Brightsteel was a tournament dragon early last year, I think.

Thank you! I was very happy to get this one since I haven't been able to breed any black/yellow dragons. Nor do I have any black/white/blue dragons from breeding or tourneys. I didn't even win the Bride of Franken. :( (still sad about that one)

I feel more accomplished as a breeder since I finally managed to breed a black tricolor. :D (even though I already have an Astro with the same colors)

hungryres
01-03-16, 11:49 PM
You do realise some of us absolutely loathe you right now? :mad:

:o

haha... but you got to complete the set of trio (i cannot breed future before it expired)

i also do have lots of fails before trying for others, such as New Year Dragon in this thread as well... i was worried of all those sunrise fails coming my way, thus, my first option was to try for New Year after Future expired. wasn't even expecting Eve dragon lasts longer than New year.

i also envy other players getting last couple of limited dragons, which i got very common fails only.
and i can't even get cupcake as fails, which i read on the forum a lot of players got it as fails.

DeeDe99
01-03-16, 11:54 PM
haha... but you got to complete the set of trio (i cannot breed future before it expired)

i also do have lots of fails before trying for others, such as New Year Dragon in this thread as well... i was worried of all those sunrise fails coming my way, thus, my first option was to try for New Year after Future expired. wasn't even expecting Eve dragon lasts longer than New year.

i also envy other players getting last couple of limited dragons, which i got very common fails only.
and i can't even get cupcake as fails, which i read on the forum a lot of players got it as fails.

OK - you are forgiven! LOL I'm one of the ones that got a few Cupcake as fails trying for Winter Lily (never got Winter Lily).

Yes, I got the Trio, but didn't get to try for any of the Christmas ones at all as it took over 50 breeding den sessions to get there. So no Jingle Bells or Tinsel on my island.

DeeDe99
01-04-16, 03:06 AM
Current attempt (# 19) is 8 hrs - rather hoping it is a third Genie Dragon to complete the "Have three Genie Dragons" goal. Very odd goal, that one, I thought.

Future took 21 attempts - looks like this is going to be similar....

stefen35
01-04-16, 04:26 AM
fails
-firestorm
-genie
-honeybee
-winter
-social
-got mist dragon
-honeybee
-another firestorm
-mist
-mist
-seafarer
-mist
-patchwork
-smoke
-mist
- okay fail to get centurion and now i got 21 hours :( super fail

stefen35
01-04-16, 04:27 AM
fails
-firestorm
-genie
-honeybee
-winter
-social
-got mist dragon
-honeybee
-another firestorm
-mist
-mist
-seafarer
-mist
-patchwork
-smoke
-mist
- okay fail to get centurion and now i got 21 hours :( super fail

Xyn25
01-04-16, 06:18 AM
This dragon is impossible! I got so many mists I never want to see one again! Two decent fails so far (Dark Phoenix and Tricorn) and a couple Sunrises for good measure.

zyfazix
01-04-16, 08:39 AM
On one side my combo spit out different dragons almost every time (cosmos, clown, march mayhem and summer elf are new on my isle), on the downside none of those are Eve :(. If I don't breed it by tomorrow 3 to 5 pm CET I'll have to buy it

OutBirdWatching
01-04-16, 10:05 AM
Bred Astro + Prime Eternal and got 1 hour, sped up because I was curious to see what it was.... I got Mercury! 🎉
Tried the combo again and now have 12 hours

Anasarra
01-04-16, 10:54 AM
Hungryres, which two dragons did you use? I have been trying Astro and Ghost Armor - many Mists ...

persezabar
01-04-16, 01:44 PM
My last try for Eve, Prime Eternal+Leopard got 44hours (Gold or Angel just have). But amazing, on second den Diamond + Diamond 44hours. My 3rd Diamond dragon.

jjblueyes
01-04-16, 02:55 PM
Good luck, Jen! I hope you get one too. :) I definitely love the look of the Eve dragon - can't wait until it hatches. :D And congrats on your Tricorn & Seafarer! I got a new dragon last week too while trying for the Future dragon (I think), my first Lorekeeper. :)

I know this will sound annoying to many but using our Brightsteel/shadow combo I got 44 hrs. I don't want anymore diamonds or hybrids unless it's Helios but we all Know It's not Helios. I have more then I have room for but I can't ever, ever let myself sell them because they are diamonds. I want eve!! I will shut up now before I get a tomato thrown at me...if I could put more then one diamond per habitat....I would be much happier if that were possible ;)

jjblueyes
01-04-16, 02:57 PM

Oh ps. Congrats on the Lorekeeper & thanks for the combo!

belarica
01-04-16, 02:59 PM
I know this will sound annoying to many but using our Brightsteel/shadow combo I got 44 hrs. I don't want anymore diamonds or hybrids unless it's Helios but we all Know It's not Helios. I have more then I have room for but I can't ever, ever let myself sell them because they are diamonds. I want eve!! I will shut up now before I get a tomato thrown at me...if I could put more then one diamond per habitat....I would be much happier if that were possible ;)

I've got some tomatoes here. I wish I could complain about too many diamonds :P

DeeDe99
01-04-16, 03:23 PM
Time is not on our side at this point. I have attempt number 20 on the den: 10 hours of which 6 hours is still to go. I figure we have under 20 hours to go at this point. Attempt 19 is a Disco, so that makes three new dragons while trying for Eve (Leo & Clown were the other two). I can fit in maybe one or two more tries, depending on how long the next one is.

Unlike JJ, I have no problem discarding Diamonds - LOL - I've traded Crusaders and I will do it again if necessary. Two of any one Diamond hybrid is quite sufficient. Having said that, I haven't bred a Diamond for what seems like forever.

Persezabar - Congratulations on your Diamonds!

Belarica, I'd give you some of my dups if I could!

Edit: I invested 5 gold to finish off the above noted attempt number 20 - a Griffin (new for me) and popped them back on the den - 24 hours!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO So now I have to decide whether to just buy Eve, or invest more gold, perhaps fruitlessly, to enable another attempt or two before time runs out. What to do, what to do.......

jjblueyes
01-04-16, 05:24 PM
I've got some tomatoes here. I wish I could complain about too many diamonds :P

I know-I'm sorry. I was partly giving out a good diamond combo but I knew it could come off as stinky ;) I already have diamonds in stable and have sold off many diamond fields to keep playing, so when 44 popped up I said no....I want eve & on top of it I have a 44 hr wait time, such is life on the big dragon island.

DeeDe99
01-04-16, 10:51 PM
I think the problem here is romantic incompatibility. Air is such a bouncy, in your face kinda dragon while Ghost Armor is much more laid back. Maybe the emotional connection just isn't right...... :rolleyes:

debrasbistro
01-04-16, 10:57 PM
I've read in other threads where some are finding The Dragon tales and tournaments harder than before. They also are giving less prizes during events, including no habitats. This is a pattern I've noticed on fantasy forest story as well. Breeding dragons used to be a lot more fun for me. Even though it took a long time to get my first diamond, I didn't mind because I was getting some others of the newer ones.
It used to be encouraging to come to these threads and see how many people had bred the new Dragon. It kept me trying. But with the latest trio here and on FFS which I only play occasionally anymore, I really see changes.
Some of them are just very clear as many have said.
Still, I would almost rather pay a small monthly fee than have some things like no dragon winning in round 18 of the tournament for an entire day causing me to lose time I needed for other things. I can't play this game 24 hours a day nor do I want to.
Just for fun, but some of this is no longer fun. And it's not just for myself. Believe it or not, it really bugs me when I see people having to try 30 times to breed a dragon and still fail - not talking about Diamonds or Hybrids. And these are the ones that are limited so then they are gone.
And before someone comes along to tell me how much they love the game and some of us are just complaining, remember that there is room for both opinions.
I'm definitely seeing a trend here. How crazy is it that I could breed a diamond quicker than I could breed any of the trio on one of my islands.
Not opposed to spending gold on something I really want to buy either. I think if some players were more satisfied, they would be happy to spend.
And, back on topic, I won't even catalog how many times I've tried for Eve, but that isn't going to make me buy it either.
If that's the current trend, make things much harder to breed; it's not working on me. I did buy prime eternal, but that was because I just liked it.

freesiawoods
01-04-16, 11:35 PM
No luck in breeding any of the trio or new year dragons. How bad can it get?!

DeeDe99
01-04-16, 11:37 PM
Debrasbistro, I wrote a post on the Feedback forum about the Trio breeding. I won't do another one, it was too stressful, too many attempts needed. I have also written to Support re the mathematical improbability of the number of blue/yellow results from the Eve attempts. While it seems more people got Eve than got the Trio (I have no stats, just my gut feel from reading the threads), both have been difficult, although I grant that if everyone was able to breed then there would be no sales revenue, so it is likely it is not possible for everyone to be able to breed the limited dragons. It would be better if S8 published the chances of breeding a limited dragon, that way players could make an informed decision whether to breed or buy if they want the dragon. If I knew there was only a (for instance) 10% chance of breeding Eve, I'd have simply bought the egg days ago and concentrated my breeding efforts elsewhere.

Of course most of us want to breed the dragons, not just from a monetary perspective, but because we play the game to breed. It is the whole objective, after all. Finding the right balance between "breedability" and preserving the revenue stream is a challenge I don't think S8 have quite mastered yet.

In fairness to S8, we do get "guaranteed" new dragons from Tournaments, Tales and World Events - by that I mean we can obtain those with no gold outlay at all. But that isn't the same as being able to breed a new dragon. The ones I breed I consider more valuable than the ones I win. Perhaps S8 need to consider the psychology of it all a bit more. As you say, satisfied customers tend to spend more. Stressed customers don't!

PS: I actually like the monthly fee concept.

jjblueyes
01-04-16, 11:59 PM
Debrabistro;

Ohhh dear, I hear you loud and clear. I have had more then a few moments of frustration and feelings just like you have expressed. Sometimes I post here about it. Often I keep my rants to myself, especially when I don't feel like hearing how this is a business & of course they need to make money, or the "maybe you shouldn't play" or "its your choice to spend money" or all the other comments I've seen and received. If people vent frustrations when they have spent days fighting the same dragon or that they won't get through without gold, some can't help but tell you that you are doing something wrong or that they didn't have an issue. It can be maddening and sometimes not worth the stress of posting. I love this game but have seen the changes that are not keeping everyone happy. Taking away the gold quests and making things so hard you need to use gold, to slamming the events back to back and turning this game into a chore, I get frustrated when it feels like my job instead of my game I play to escape!
I hear you and you have seen from many others that people are getting fed up. I've lost a lot of nbrs. I keep hoping the folks running things will see how unhappy many are and maybe make some much needed changes. We can hope.
You've voiced valid concerns. I have tried for eve a long time & I think it's not gong to be for me as well. Not breeding on my own that is...
Jen

debrasbistro
01-05-16, 12:07 AM
I agree with your whole post Deede99 and I too was thinking that they absolutely do not have the balance correct - same exact thing.

debrasbistro
01-05-16, 12:12 AM
Debrabistro;

Ohhh dear, I hear you loud and clear. I have had more then a few moments of frustration and feelings just like you have expressed. Sometimes I post here about it. Often I keep my rants to myself, especially when I don't feel like hearing how this is a business & of course they need to make money, or the "maybe you shouldn't play" or "its your choice to spend money" or all the other comments I've seen and received. If people vent frustrations when they have spent days fighting the same dragon or that they won't get through without gold, some can't help but tell you that you are doing something wrong or that they didn't have an issue. It can be maddening and sometimes not worth the stress of posting. I love this game but have seen the changes that are not keeping everyone happy. Taking away the gold quests and making things so hard you need to use gold, to slamming the events back to back and turning this game into a chore, I get frustrated when it feels like my job instead of my game I play to escape!
I hear you and you have seen from many others that people are getting fed up. I've lost a lot of nbrs. I keep hoping the folks running things will see how unhappy many are and maybe make some much needed changes. We can hope.
You've voiced valid concerns. I have tried for eve a long time & I think it's not gong to be for me as well. Not breeding on my own that is...
Jen

Hi Jen, I feel a kinship with you as you always seem to say what I am thinking. I agree with everything you said. A lot of what is going on is so obvious. I usually keep it to myself also, but if no one says anything, well let's just say, if it were my business, which it isn't lol, I'd like to hear honest opinions.

jjblueyes
01-05-16, 12:21 AM
Hi Jen, I feel a kinship with you as you always seem to say what I am thinking. I agree with everything you said. A lot of their methods are so obvious. I usually keep it to myself also, but if no one says anything, well let's just say, if it were my business, which it isn't lol, I'd like to hear honest opinions.

Thank you- I'm very glad you posted. You are correct, we can't just keep quiet all the time. I'm not whining or bitter. I spend real money and should be able to say somethings off when it is. I'm sending you all the luck I can find that eve finds your island. I don't want things to be super easy to breed, but when you can't get anything it's frustrating. I get diamonds easier then anything else (besides Helios, he's *******ing my island) I have 2-3 of everything else. Your comment about that really struck me, you are right! I can breed them and have much easier then eve! Crazy!!
Jen

jjblueyes
01-05-16, 12:23 AM
That crossed out word was not a cuss word lol-boy and a word I guess is too close to another word- he's "refusing" to come live with me!

debrasbistro
01-05-16, 12:50 AM
Lol same here

DeeDe99
01-05-16, 02:55 AM
I gave up. I bought the egg. :( :(

Looking on the brighter side, I've got the Trio, Centurion, the World Event dragons and Eve all for the price of Eve, plus the several new dragons from trying for Eve, so I suppose all-in-all that's not too bad.

It was just too stressful.

zyfazix
01-05-16, 08:04 AM
Got six new dragons trying for Eve but still don't have it. In 50 minutes I'll speed up this 14-hour fail and try one last time, if that doesn't work I'll buy it
Edit: bought. Looking at the timer I could get a seventh new dragon from the breeding attempts

mbyte68
01-05-16, 08:05 AM
I gave up. I bought the egg. :( :(

Looking on the brighter side, I've got the Trio, Centurion, the World Event dragons and Eve all for the price of Eve, plus the several new dragons from trying for Eve, so I suppose all-in-all that's not too bad.

It was just too stressful. same ere jst gave in and bought eve

Natasha_07
01-05-16, 08:20 AM
Not lucky! :(

BiteMe111
01-05-16, 10:01 AM
@JJBlueEyes - glad to hear you are planning on buying if necessary - so am I, but I didn't want to be the only one! LOL

@D_Raho - thanks, yes, I checked later and saw that. Very sad. Funnily enough, I don't like the Poison base much, but I like both DarkSteel and BrightSteel.

I'm not sure if you have it already, but if not: unlike Brightsteel, Darksteel is breadable. It's hard to get the black not to split, though. I won mine on a wheel a while back and it's a really good fighter, too.

I just got a gold sale, so I'm just about to buy Eve on my main account. The second account I have vowed to spend no real money on, so it will have to do without. As can be inferred from the above, I didn't manage to breed it, in spite of continuously trying. To make it blow even more, on the main account I'm at the point where hardly any dragons are new, so didn't even get that.

blackeneddove
01-05-16, 11:00 AM

Oh ps. Congrats on the Lorekeeper & thanks for the combo!

Ha ha! You're welcome & sorry about the diamond fail! I now know how frustrating those can be. I got one while trying for Winter Lily and still don't have a winter lily lol! But maybe one day...

My island was surprisingly lucky with this combo for the first few goes - I got some other "new to me" dragons: Gadget & Electric! But it looks like my run of "luck" has started and my actual luck has ended. Oh well. :) Still going to try it for a bit longer.

amerirish
01-05-16, 11:41 AM
GRRRRRRR!!! I have been trying on two nests for Eve and now it's gone :mad: So mad!! Nothing but Mists, Sunrises & Social fails. So unfair <sob>

rasike
01-05-16, 11:44 AM
I can not believe my eys, I got Eve! It was my 9th attempt with combo Ghost Armor x Gold (I was hoping for a diamond+black hybrid or Angel fail). I also got a new Disco dragon, so I am very happy.

kooky panda
01-05-16, 12:25 PM
No Eve for me :)

DeeDe99
01-05-16, 03:11 PM
I was just very glad to see Eve was actually limited as a dragon, and not just the sale, when I got up this morning! LOL I would have been very annoyed if Eve was still breedable after I had bought her!

DeeDe99
01-05-16, 03:13 PM
No Eve for me :)

I'm sure she'll be back Kooky. That dragon is WAY too beautiful not to bring back!

stefen35
01-06-16, 12:31 AM
fails
-firestorm
-genie
-honeybee
-winter
-social
-got mist dragon
-honeybee
-another firestorm
-mist
-mist
-seafarer
-mist
-patchwork
-smoke
-mist
- social