PDA

View Full Version : Quests requiring mythic essence

Sheeba8188
12-28-15, 03:13 PM
I was looking to find out which quests require mythic essence and if possible the numbers of mythic essence I will be required to craft the reason I am after this is I currently have one manicore obtained from a egg from a quest and wondering whether it is worthwhile to buy another for 300 gems just as a resource for whiskers to craft the essence. I have searched the hub and various nuggets on inventory guides for this information but came up with definitive answer.
Thanks in advance
Sheeba8188

meme1098
12-28-15, 04:09 PM
Pretty sure mythic essence is required when upgrading Greselda's dark garden but can't remember if it's used in other quests. I think it required 10 but you could check that goal in The Hub to nail it down.

roguebee
12-28-15, 05:09 PM
There are several goals that require the mythic essence. Also be aware that at least one requires manticore whiskers. You can do it with just one manticore. I did it with my lower account. Just collect every chance you have. You'll still end up with some down time waiting on the whiskers.

ebenezermac
01-03-16, 01:09 AM
How many dragons do you have?

Sheeba8188
01-03-16, 06:24 AM
I have 3 dragons, 2 are regular and 1 is mithril. Manticore whiskers aren't dropped by dragons.

UnkelFester
01-03-16, 06:31 AM
Keep collecting from the Forgotten Roost. A Manticore egg is a rare drop from there, which can then be hatched in the Magic Forge.

I have four Mantis, three adult and one baby (which I don't pet as it looks so cute) plus one unhatched egg in storage, so the eggs do drop.

VictorianKnight
01-03-16, 08:00 AM
Keep collecting from the Forgotten Roost. A Manticore egg is a rare drop from there, which can then be hatched in the Magic Forge.

I have four Mantis, three adult and one baby (which I don't pet as it looks so cute) plus one unhatched egg in storage, so the eggs do drop.

On my main account, I have 8 dragons. 1 mithril which I purchased. 4 regular which dropped from the roost (just takes forever to get the burning embers so 2 were waiting to be hatched until recently) and then the 3 Pyre Dragons from the goal/quest a while back. I also have 5 manticore out and 4 manticore eggs in inventory.

So yes they do drop. I seem to remember one time when the roost dropped two manticore eggs in one week. Keep collecting!

VictorianKnight
01-03-16, 08:04 AM
Here's a screenshot

roguebee
01-03-16, 09:37 AM
I have 5 dragons, one of each kind plus 7 regular dragon eggs in storage. (Burning embers are a lot rarer than the dragon eggs.) I have 7 adult manticores plus 2 more eggs in storage.

Korlcek
01-04-16, 03:19 AM
Mythic essence is needed for Greselda's Dark Garden (5), and for goddess tree (3). Also you'll need 5 Mythic essence to send a letter to Agnes, and if I remember correctly you'll need to send at least three letters.

Sheeba8188
01-04-16, 02:08 PM
Mythic essence is needed for Greselda's Dark Garden (5), and for goddess tree (3). Also you'll need 5 Mythic essence to send a letter to Agnes, and if I remember correctly you'll need to send at least three letters.
Thanks very much this is exactly the information I was after :)

labsandboxers
01-04-16, 05:08 PM
8 dragons and 6 manticores. Several eggs

SpiritWind00
01-04-16, 06:58 PM
Closing thread as the quest in has now been answered... Thanks for responding to Sheeba8188 :)