PDA

View Full Version : Hot Chocolate Dragon Dec 25 2015

random59
12-25-15, 02:02 PM
Blue/White and 20 hours rare

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27586&d=1452230377 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27586&d=1452230377)

hiabarara
12-25-15, 02:29 PM
I just wanted to open a new thread for it, too :)

It seems to be based on the Cauldron design which I like to be honest. I tried many times for Cauldron, but never got it.
I'll now try for Hot Chocolate instead of Present. Present doesn't interest me that much and who knows if i'll get Present or even Future. I was never that interested in that trio anyway. I hope I'll get lucky with Hot Chocolate :)

random59
12-25-15, 02:35 PM
I just wanted to open a new thread for it, too :)

It seems to be based on the Cauldron design which I like to be honest. I tried many times for Cauldron, but never got it.
I'll now try for Hot Chocolate instead of Present. Present doesn't interest me that much and who knows if i'll get Present or even Future. I was never that interested in that trio anyway. I hope I'll get lucky with Hot Chocolate :)Got it on other game with Banshee/Diamond

hiabarara
12-25-15, 02:58 PM
Got it on other game with Banshee/DiamondWhoa. Was that the first try? Because it's only been ~ 3 hours since the release :eek: But congratulations!
I can't use Banshee because it's one of my best fighters and I'm still not done with the tournament :D I simply use Water/Light.

random59
12-25-15, 03:24 PM
Whoa. Was that the first try? Because it's only been ~ 3 hours since the release :eek: But congratulations!
I can't use Banshee because it's one of my best fighters and I'm still not done with the tournament :D I simply use Water/Light.

Yes, was the first try, on my main game I have 2 Winters under construction, Hot Chocolate is still on the breeding den under construction on other game!

random59
12-25-15, 05:30 PM
Yes, was the first try, on my main game I have 2 Winters under construction, Hot Chocolate is still on the breeding den under construction on other game!
Just got another 12 hour:(

zyfazix
12-25-15, 05:50 PM
Got it as an unfortunate fail while trying for Hippogriff. Gonna stuff this thing somewhere in a corner in its baby stage. Not because it's cuter, but because it's smaller

stefen35
12-25-15, 08:09 PM
wow i got 20 hours first try :b guess im so lucky lol

chaselance
12-26-15, 01:56 AM
Finally got after I switched from water x light to banshee x infinity on third try had about 6 winter fails 1 disco fail and 1 cloud fail

DeeDe99
12-26-15, 03:11 AM
Firstly I'm confused as to why a Hot Chocolate dragon would be blue and white.

Secondly I am not sure of these dragons that are non-living things, like a cauldron or a drink. It just seems.....odd.

irishbaker3
12-26-15, 09:02 AM
I got it I think! First try with Bluemoon and Infinity =20hr timer. I couldn't find any other dragons with 20hr timer.

ETA yes it was the Hot Chocolate Dragon! Good luck everyone!

hiabarara
12-26-15, 10:37 AM
Got it on my second try with Water/Light :) I'm really happy right now!

topgate44
12-26-15, 10:43 AM
Infinity and Banshee = Hot Chocolate 20 hours
Got it after about 10 tries

TwiWoods
12-26-15, 01:47 PM
I got it with Snow Owl and Banshee.

kristen6207
12-27-15, 10:19 AM
WOW.... Got 20 hours on my first try. Hope it's this one cause it's kind of cute :P

kirby52
12-27-15, 04:09 PM
Got Hot Chocolate second try with Banshee and Diamond..good luck everyone :)

amerirish
12-28-15, 01:33 PM

Curl up with the Hot Chocolate Dragon on a frigid winter evening. Piping hot and complete with marshmallows, this dragon is sure to melt your heart. Its soothing voice and rich personality are both warm and inviting. All those who encounter this dragon will feel an immediate sense of nostalgia!

Rarity: Rare
Type: White Blue
Habitat: White Meadow, Blue Lagoon
Available at: Level 17
Buying Price: 900 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Breeding & Incubation: 20 hours
Exp Gained: 975

kimandamelia
12-30-15, 08:43 AM
I don't understand why it seems I am the only one who just cannot breed a new dragon, ever. I try non stop as soon as it comes out until it expires, and get nothing but common fails. Didn't get even one of the Holiday Trio dragons, couldn't get Jingle Ball, and now getting nothing but Winter fails trying for this. Using Banshee and Angel, even switch up the order in which I choose them. Just so frustrating trying for a rare like this, it seems more like an Ultra rare to me!

Natasha_07
12-30-15, 02:07 PM
You and me ! :(

I don't understand why it seems I am the only one who just cannot breed a new dragon, ever. I try non stop as soon as it comes out until it expires, and get nothing but common fails. Didn't get even one of the Holiday Trio dragons, couldn't get Jingle Ball, and now getting nothing but Winter fails trying for this. Using Banshee and Angel, even switch up the order in which I choose them. Just so frustrating trying for a rare like this, it seems more like an Ultra rare to me!

ericrypt
12-30-15, 05:53 PM
I've been really trying for this one, it's really cute and kudos to whoever thought it up!

*look at it's cute wittle cup shaped body! LOOK AT IT!!!

lol

Simdiva
12-30-15, 07:39 PM

You are far from the only one, I usually ignore new dragons and just breed random stuff. Lately I've been trying for more mythics and metals but getting nowhere. I suppose I should just be content that I have Helios and move on.

kimandamelia
12-31-15, 09:26 AM
You are far from the only one, I usually ignore new dragons and just breed random stuff. Lately I've been trying for more mythics and metals but getting nowhere. I suppose I should just be content that I have Helios and move on.

I guess that makes me feel a tad better! I switched up Angel with common Light, and yup, got a Winter!!! Ugh. I've already stopped playing Bakery and Restaurant since S8 took over from TeamLava, I hope I don't feel the same about this game. Those two games have seriously gone downhill. If trying to breed a rare is this hard, I can't see being excited about any new dragons that come out if I can't ever breed any of them.

owa411
12-31-15, 01:54 PM
I got 20 hrs with sweet tooth and twilight... But got an island instead of hot chocolate... :(

TwinkleTwiny
01-01-16, 05:19 PM
First try with diamond and ghost armor :)

amalsaba
01-02-16, 07:28 AM
I saw that someone else got this dragon with banshee and diamond. So I have it a try and BOOM One hour breeding time!!!!! Yes... i got my first Mercury (which I tried for so many times before, unsuccessfully!). Second try I got 12 hours but hey suddenly I'm not upset to get a winter.
Edit: 3rd try with banshee and diamond, I got 20 hours!!!! Yaaay!

TwinkleTwiny
01-02-16, 02:00 PM
I saw that someone else got this dragon with banshee and diamond. So I have it a try and BOOM One hour breeding time!!!!! Yes... i got my first Mercury (which I tried for so many times before, unsuccessfully!). Second try I got 12 hours but hey suddenly I'm not upset to get a winter.

Whaou congratulation!

blackeneddove
01-02-16, 11:18 PM
Edit: 3rd try with banshee and diamond, I got 20 hours!!!! Yaaay!

Wow!! Congratulations! What a great run of luck! :D Makes me want to try your lucky combo. ;)

hungryres
01-03-16, 09:06 PM
first try got me my first metal dragon~

wondering what kind of combo should i try for if i want to include metal hybrid as possible fails

blackeneddove
01-04-16, 10:10 AM
first try got me my first metal dragon~

wondering what kind of combo should i try for if i want to include metal hybrid as possible fails

Congrats on your first metal dragon! �� Depending on what color dragons you have, if you include black & yellow with your metal, you can try for gadget & darksteel. I just got my first gadget dragon (in the nest now) using the combo I used for Eve. (Brightsteel & shadow) I'm mainly continuing the combo to try for other metal hybrid fails (listed below) & to try to get a hot chocolate :)

If you have an Astro, that would be a good one to use with metal because by including white you can still try for hot chocolate, metal hybrids (chrome, nano, darksteel, gadget) as well as the limited Eve dragon. I may switch to this combo myself later. �� Best of luck to you!

Edit: actually, you don't have to include white, since metal will split blue/white. So if you pair a black/yellow with your Metal you can still try for all those same dragons. :)

redstar177
01-04-16, 02:02 PM
Congrats on your first metal dragon! �� Depending on what color dragons you have, if you include black & yellow with your metal, you can try for gadget & darksteel. I just got my first gadget dragon (in the nest now) using the combo I used for Eve. (Brightsteel & shadow) I'm mainly continuing the combo to try for other metal hybrid fails (listed below) & to try to get a hot chocolate :)

If you have an Astro, that would be a good one to use with metal because by including white you can still try for hot chocolate, metal hybrids (chrome, nano, darksteel, gadget) as well as the limited Eve dragon. I may switch to this combo myself later. �� Best of luck to you!

Edit: actually, you don't have to include white, since metal will split blue/white. So if you pair a black/yellow with your Metal you can still try for all those same dragons. :)

Actually, you were right the first time. If metal splits to give white or blue, then the metal element is no longer available. So you would need each element (metal, yellow, white, and blue to try for those dragons).

For example:
1.) Metal + Air will not give Chrome as a possible offspring because you are missing a pure Blue element.
2.) Metal + Ambassador will give you Chrome, because his three elements are present.

...and just to mix things up!
3.) Metal + Rainbow will give Chrome as well, because Rainbow can split into Blue and Yellow while Metal stays in the pool

Hope that was clear! :)
The breeding rules are quite tricky...

random59
01-05-16, 12:40 AM
Just got it with Brightsteel/Diamond at long last!:)

Natasha_07
01-05-16, 08:14 AM
Winter marathon...

amerirish
01-05-16, 11:58 AM
I don't know if I have the heart to even try for this one since I've missed out on so many limited dragons lately :( No matter how much I try (even on two nests) I keep missing the limited guys & gals. I'm really quite disgusted at this point.

ETA: Decided to give it a go with Water & Stone - 17 Hour Cloud Fail (FML) :(

hiabarara
01-05-16, 03:59 PM
Just got my second Hot Chocolate while I was trying for Eve :D Not sure what to do now. I really like it, but I don't need two of them... Does someone want to trade? :p

awsumum
01-05-16, 06:51 PM
Just got my second Hot Chocolate while I was trying for Eve :D Not sure what to do now. I really like it, but I don't need two of them... Does someone want to trade? :p

Omg, I wish! I'm suffering through a winter marathon right now, trying for this dragon, and it's the only one I'm missing!

jao1961
01-06-16, 04:52 PM
I got the Hot chocolate one also. I was trying for a 3 color cross breed and out popped this little guy lol. I was stunned but I love it! A very nice Christmas gift TL ty

roguebee
01-07-16, 09:58 AM
I have one on the nest now. First new dragon from breeding in a while.

hungryres
01-08-16, 04:24 AM
Winter marathon...

x2

had about 5~6 winter already, 2x metal
one blue moon, still no sight of hot chocolate...

divanightclub
01-11-16, 08:29 PM
After 12 or MORE winters,& 2 discos, I finally got HOT CHOCOLATE yesterday (I also used brightsteel and diamond..thx Random59) I decided to try for NEON again, and surprisely got it on the first try..2 NEW dragons back to back after Sooooooo long of trying to breed ANYTHING new.. 😄👍

amerirish
01-12-16, 01:14 PM
I have one on the nest now. First new dragon from breeding in a while.

OMG, that egg is sooooooo cute!!!!! Congrats :)

Hawk1
01-23-16, 09:40 PM
Color me shocked! I finally got Hot Chocolate, even though I was trying for Goodwitch for the umpteenth time I'm happy to get anything new.