PDA

View Full Version : New TREASURE animal: Ornate Ocelot!

ogreve
12-22-15, 12:42 PM
edit(KP) end time: 12/29/15

Wow, there's a new Treasure animal: the Ornate Ocelot!!!

It is currently on a 60% off sale for 600 gems (instead of the normal 1500 gems).

I like everything about it, except for the line "Not available through breeding". That is very disappointing and I think that may mark a new trend for Treasure animals...

I'm afraid I bought that second Unicorn for nothing.

sweetypies97
12-22-15, 12:43 PM
It is beautiful!

Sandybellee
12-22-15, 12:45 PM
Oh my gosh!!! So beautiful!!! Gives only 1 gem a day though...
It's not available through breeding.

I think I found my FFS Christmas present! :) Buying it will wipe me out of gems once again but I don't think there's any way I can resist this beauty.

31aug2002
12-22-15, 12:46 PM
Olafo it's a beauty and I started a thread too!!!
You and me seem to be doing that !!!

Request to kooky, Elsa , Regina ... Pls delete my thread so there is no confusion!!!

edit(KP)- Done

LonePudding
12-22-15, 12:57 PM
What a shame we can't breed one :(

Drachenia
12-22-15, 12:58 PM
Hi I can not buy a habitat for Ornate Ocelot, please raise the limit. :(

ArcadiaTofu
12-22-15, 12:58 PM
Would not mind buying this, but, oh wait---I can't! I have no more room for habitats and there is no way I'm getting rid of all of my 3-element habitats I paid good money to own for my kingdom. S8 fails utterly, yet again, with another update with no new expansion anywhere in sight... :mad:

Drachenia
12-22-15, 12:59 PM
When previous treasure animals were released, how did we find out the breeding combination? (If there is one)

It's not to breeding:(

verololo
12-22-15, 01:17 PM
Ohhhh this one is gorgeous!!!
Why can't we breed it 😢

Drachenia
12-22-15, 01:28 PM
Ohhhh this one is gorgeous!!!
Why can't we breed it ��

It's not to breeding :(

ninasidstorm8
12-22-15, 01:38 PM
I am disappointed that even at level 15 it only gives 3 Gems every three days. That is less than my Money Badger. If S8 was going to make this type of animal more like Dragon story (not breedable) then the animal should produce 5 gems a day like in DS after evolving 3 times as well.

HarleyQuinn28
12-22-15, 01:59 PM
I am disappointed that even at level 15 it only gives 3 Gems every three days. That is less than my Money Badger. If S8 was going to make this type of animal more like Dragon story (not breedable) then the animal should produce 5 gems a day like in DS after evolving 3 times as well.

I agree. I have no interest in buying any of these when they out out such low gems. I don't know why they don't do it like the gold dragons in dragon story and do 5 a day at level 10.

ogreve
12-22-15, 02:07 PM

I totally agree with this. For a BREEDABLE Treasure animal it is fine to only get 1 gem a day, but as this animal cannot be bred even at the sale price the return of investment is after 600 days, which is close to two years...:S

I don't know. Initially I was REALLY excited about this animal as a Treasure Christmas surprise was precisely what I wanted but now I'm really bummed that it can only be bought, and this is right after I spent 20 euros on that second Unicorn so I could BREED animals like this and trio animals and now both these options are out of the window. That doesn't make me very excited to buy more gems now to buy it. :(

Sad.
I really wanted this, but I may very well pass on it now. The only way I'd buy it now is if it's long enough on sale that I can accumulate the 200 gems I need to reach the 600 mark. Note: today I DID buy a 250 gem pack but it's got to stop somewhere. Choices will have to be made. If I buy this, there's no chance to buy the third habitat.
And, with TL's gem reduction strategies of late, I doubt they're going to release anything cool that will help us a bit more on the way to not have to pay for ALL of the required 600 gems with cash. I don't mind putting the 250 gems I bought today towards it, but there's still a large gap and I don't want to fill that with yet another gem purchase.

Sounds like I'll have to pass on this beatiful animal and hope that TL reverts this strategy of reducing "free" gems options and of disallowing us to breed Treasure animals. At least the Prize Pony WAS breedable; that made a very big difference in my decision to buy it back then when I hadn't managed to breed it. This new sale feels totally different. Not nearly half as nice, even though the looks of the animal outclass those of the Prize Pony and it has a beautiful darkish scheme (much like the Ra).

Sad. :(

31aug2002
12-22-15, 02:28 PM
I totally agree with this. For a BREEDABLE Treasure animal it is fine to only get 1 gem a day, but as this animal cannot be bred even at the sale price the return of investment is after 600 days, which is close to two years...:S

I don't know. Initially I was REALLY excited about this animal as a Treasure Christmas surprise was precisely what I wanted but now I'm really bummed that it can only be bought, and this is right after I spent 20 euros on that second Unicorn so I could BREED animals like this and trio animals and now both these options are out of the window. That doesn't make me very excited to buy more gems now to buy it. :(

Sad.
I really wanted this, but I may very well pass on it now. The only way I'd buy it now is if it's long enough on sale that I can accumulate the 200 gems I need to reach the 600 mark. Note: today I DID buy a 250 gem pack but it's got to stop somewhere. Choices will have to be made. If I buy this, there's no chance to buy the third habitat.
And, with TL's gem reduction strategies of late, I doubt they're going to release anything cool that will help us a bit more on the way to not have to pay for ALL of the required 600 gems with cash. I don't mind putting the 250 gems I bought today towards it, but there's still a large gap and I don't want to fill that with yet another gem purchase.

Sounds like I'll have to pass on this beatiful animal and hope that TL reverts this strategy of reducing "free" gems options and of disallowing us to breed Treasure animals. At least the Prize Pony WAS breedable; that made a very big difference in my decision to buy it back then when I hadn't managed to breed it. This new sale feels totally different. Not nearly half as nice, even though the looks of the animal outclass those of the Prize Pony and it has a beautiful darkish scheme (much like the Ra).

Sad. :(

Now that the reality has sunk in , I am feeling disappointed that it is not breedable. It would have been the first time that I could have put my 2 Crystal Unicorns to use. ( I just got them before the treasure animals were pulled out).
The treasure animal is beautiful , and I do have the gems to buy it too , but I think I will give it a pass unless of course TL does some rethinking and makes it breedable ... Then I will be going full throttle in 2 unicorn breeding mode!!
Hope it becomes breedable.

On a different note, the trio has not been very exciting either as it does not add a new element to the forest .. So I don't know if it's worth all that frustration of not being able to breed it.
B

Buttercup0001
12-22-15, 02:57 PM
As much as i love and enjoy playing FFS, I'll pass on this beautiful Ornate Ocelot. It's not that I don't like it, as I think it's adorable but 600 gems and as Ogreve mentioned it would take 2years to recoup the gems. Also it's not breedable so there is no choice. Either you buy it or not (that reason alone makes me not want one). I was away on holidays for almost a month only to come back and find that ALL gem animals have gone never to return and I couldn't breed one no matter how many hours of breeding went into trying. I was pretty upset that they got rid of the gem animals but now release this. I would actually like to see the return of the previous gem animals if they are now going to release a new gem animal.

cocauina
12-22-15, 03:00 PM
Ornate Ocelot will never be in my forest, I'm glad I bought a second Money Badger, and I'm happy with my Golden Retriever, that at least gives 4 gems every 3 days, more is better than less.

Not breedable and still has the same rates has Treasure Toucan and instead of 700 gems like Toucan it costs 1,500? Come on TL, you can do better. You don't fool me.

ThynaSmith
12-22-15, 03:10 PM
The design is beautiful. The gem outcome, the non-breedability and the price? Pretty lame.

Clark_Wayne
12-22-15, 03:14 PM
agreed with everyone. it seems s8 changed the way to get treasure animals : it is like for dragon story. but treasure dragon give lot more golds (5 per day at lvl10 only) than treasure animals give gems. i'm happy i bought my 2nd poney badger.
though i like the ocelot, i won't buy it : not worth and i don't have the gems for.
i may buy it for my baby account because it has enough gems for that : i'm not decided

chippychan
12-22-15, 03:15 PM
My feelings are similar to other players' feelings about this treasure animal. I'm going to pass on it. At 600 gems on 'sale' and only giving 1 gem per day... well that's just not worth it to me.

I *did* buy the Prize Pony that cost the same amount and it gives the same number of gems, but at least I was able to try to breed for it first. I honestly think that being given the option to try to breed it is what made me want to buy it in the end. I'm not sure if it makes logical sense, but I think psychologically I had an easier time justifying the purchase thinking "Hey, I tried but didn't succeed, so I'll buy one."

Having the breeding option completely taken away makes me not want this one at all.

Breeding one would be so hard to begin with anyway (it's an Ultra-Rare!) so I probably wouldn't have been successful and S8 would have at least had a chance at getting my gems if I failed. However, making the decision to give this animal a buy-only option has reduced the chances of me buying it to zero.

Also, if the animal gave a respectable amount of gems per day, I would probably reconsider. But at this low earning rate? Nah.

Oh well. Hopefully future treasure animals will be better.

ogreve
12-22-15, 03:41 PM
I just got the following push notification:

So, it seems more of them will come.

This one for starters has a beautiful black-gold colour scheme, a thing I *really* love on the Ra, and for which reason I made that an epic.

But, I'm sticking by my ***s: I really want these Treasure animals to be breedable, or indeed give us a heck of a lot more gems per day, like the mentioned 5 a day in DS.

So, just like I made the deliberate choice to make my own little statement (as benign as it may be) to NOT buy any of the Treasure animals on Cyber Monday's disaster, eehhhh "close-out sale", I shall not buy this one if we cannot breed for it, or if the gem gifting isn't VERY substantially improved.

Everyone can do as suits them, but I feel I've got to draw a line somewhere, and I already did that on Cyber Monday. This sale is no different than if I would have bought a Treasure Toucan on Cyber Monday. I then decided to deliberately NOT do that as I didn't support the 1 day notice (nor the decision to remove the breedable Treasure animals), and this time it's basically the same, so my verdict shall be the same.

TL really has got to do substantially better to get me to spend gems on Treasure animals again.

kuppikahvia
12-22-15, 04:13 PM
What a disappointment.
I was actually ENJOYING trying to breed Treasure Animals despite all the long fails, just because this added an extra dimension to the game.
As for me, it's an obvious goodbye to the Ocelot before we even meet. My excitement for this release lasted the 3-4 seconds it took me to get to the "not available through breeding" line :-(

sweetdeda
12-22-15, 04:58 PM
Wow, another fail on TL's part IMO. This animal is absolutely beautiful and I would love the chance to try to breed it but I'm with the majority here, I WILL NOT purchase it. And it's not even the amount of gems it gives daily that really bothers me. It's more that TL is really starting to get greedy. They should really look at the big picture, if this animal was breedable how many of us would attempt to breed it? And during those attempts how many times would we speed away a gap from one fail to the next? Of course costing gems each time but five gems here and there several times a week would add up. It wouldn't be 600 straight out of the gate but it would get people spending gems. And as we all know trying for a gem animal can take months, heck I've been playing the game since February and still have never bred one, after countless tries. And with the breeding we could celebrate with each other when one of us would finally breed one, giving us all little hope that we could breed one too. And there goes more attempts more speed breeding....

No TL took that all away from us. How many of us actually get excited when someone says 'hey I bought a....." I know I surely don't. They want their money and they want it now! And the more things like this TL does the less money I will spend. I have had gems saved up from buying sale gems from time to time and I know my kids are getting me an iTunes gift card for Christmas, but other than that I don't see myself buying from TL in the near future. It's a shame.

jojopeanut
12-22-15, 06:14 PM
I don't have any gem animals, even at the sale price to rich for my pockets one shot deal. I too wish it were breedable even a 1% odd in 20,000 or more at least we could try.

ThynaSmith
12-22-15, 06:21 PM
Wow, another fail on TL's part IMO. This animal is absolutely beautiful and I would love the chance to try to breed it but I'm with the majority here, I WILL NOT purchase it. And it's not even the amount of gems it gives daily that really bothers me. It's more that TL is really starting to get greedy. They should really look at the big picture, if this animal was breedable how many of us would attempt to breed it? And during those attempts how many times would we speed away a gap from one fail to the next? Of course costing gems each time but five gems here and there several times a week would add up. It wouldn't be 600 straight out of the gate but it would get people spending gems. And as we all know trying for a gem animal can take months, heck I've been playing the game since February and still have never bred one, after countless tries. And with the breeding we could celebrate with each other when one of us would finally breed one, giving us all little hope that we could breed one too. And there goes more attempts more speed breeding....

No TL took that all away from us. How many of us actually get excited when someone says 'hey I bought a....." I know I surely don't. They want their money and they want it now! And the more things like this TL does the less money I will spend. I have had gems saved up from buying sale gems from time to time and I know my kids are getting me an iTunes gift card for Christmas, but other than that I don't see myself buying from TL in the near future. It's a shame.
Excellent point, sweetdeda! I know I spent a lot of gems (real money!) speeding up breedings trying to get all the animals from the skull trio, on the last day. Those add up, just like you said, not all at once, but eventually. I spent almost 200 gems speeding up (and ended up not getting the Deadwing, anyway)

matiasabad94
12-22-15, 06:26 PM
I *might* consider buying it only if I get a gem sale. It's an obvious cheap move from S8 but, then again, I bought the Prize Pony as well without even trying to breed it.

RowanaFarrin
12-22-15, 06:31 PM
I'm honestly torn about this one, really torn. On the one hand, it's the first Treasure animal that I've really loved the look of and I don't have any Treasure animals at all yet. On the other hand, it doesn't produce that many gems for the cost of buying it and I would have to buy most of the gems outright as I spent most of my saved ones on habitats.

I think for now I may consider it if I get a gem sale while it's still on sale. Really wish it produced more gems or was a bit cheaper.

(Really lovely design though! Love all the black!)

Shadifern
12-22-15, 07:30 PM
Well I'm kinda furious. The 600 gem sale is limited? There is no way I'm gonna buy it. I mean, heck I'm still a preteen and don't have a credit card, so I obviously can't buy gems. And this thing isn't breedable? And why do they just get rid of the other treasure animals? Glad I bred the money badger when it was still there. Theres no way I'm buying an animal for 1500 gems, or a hundred dollars. TL is probably just trying to get us to spend all our money.

jsburas123
12-22-15, 09:12 PM
Well I'm kinda furious. The 600 gem sale is limited? There is no way I'm gonna buy it. I mean, heck I'm still a preteen and don't have a credit card, so I obviously can't buy gems. And this thing isn't breedable? And why do they just get rid of the other treasure animals? Glad I bred the money badger when it was still there. Theres no way I'm buying an animal for 1500 gems, or a hundred dollars. TL is probably just trying to get us to spend all our money.

I need gem neighbors too if you're still looking for one, my id is jsburas

Drachenia
12-22-15, 09:24 PM
Hi all treasure animals are equal, the only exception is Money Badger and Golden Retriever
27144 27145 27146

kimbekaw
12-22-15, 09:39 PM
I didn't realize that NONE of the gem animals were breedable any more. That's extremely disappointing. We'll see for how much longer this game will be playable.

31aug2002
12-22-15, 10:47 PM
It makes me wonder what TL is trying to achieve here .

One thing is obvious that they are out to get our money. Well that's ok. They are not into this for charity. They are here to earn. After all it's a commercial venture.
Are they on the track to achieve their objective? With the past one month's events , I feel they are moving in the opposite direction. They are getting greedy , trying to get all the golden eggs in one go and in the process **** the hen that lays the golden egg.

If this keeps up I would not be surprised if many of us leave the game in disgust or lose interest in it.

calvinxx
12-22-15, 11:02 PM
I know everyone is super upset about the way they are manipulating us into buying treasure animals now. I don't understand it either. Luckily I was able to breed the Treasure Toucan, Golden Retriever, and the Money Badger before they were taken away. I also bought the Prize Pony as I wasn't able to breed it in the week we were given. I sincerely hoped they had a good reason for taking away the treasure element like perhaps the introduction of a new element or a new and exciting way of getting treasure animals... But sadly it looks like it is just a gem grab. That being said I bought the Ornate Ocelot.
I don't necessarily feel that great about it but the ocelot is one of my favourite animals and I had to have him. The only good thing about this creature being exclusively sold for such a high price is that many players won't have him in their forests which will make him more desirable and a special addition to the forest

flowless
12-22-15, 11:18 PM
It makes me wonder what TL is trying to achieve here .

One thing is obvious that they are out to get our money. Well that's ok. They are not into this for charity. They are here to earn. After all it's a commercial venture.
Are they on the track to achieve their objective? With the past one month's events , I feel they are moving in the opposite direction. They are getting greedy , trying to get all the golden eggs in one go and in the process **** the hen that lays the golden egg.

If this keeps up I would not be surprised if many of us leave the game in disgust or lose interest in it.

Exactly

Buying animals stright it goes against the purpose of the game
Just like what someone said previously
Nobody get excited when they hear the words i bought this animal
It only when players says i breed this and that, congratulating each other
, that i get tempted to buy

I also wonder what they want to achive
Gem animlas were almost impossible to obtain anyway
and it did eventually cost me more to speed breed for tucan

Also changing the rewards
I rarly very rarly manage to get the tournamet prize out if the nest to get the gem price ( i barly manage to win with few hours to spare )
But when i do i get excited to have my victory reward
5 gems its nothing really
And mostly used more gems to win the tournamet anyway

Same goes for trio
Speed breeding alone is much more than any rewards

What i ment to say
Give players thing to get excited for
Furstred players dont pay

Sale with good deals vs
regur prices with no sales at all
( no sales in my accout 2 yrs went by only one gem sale i got , no gems rewards tournemt and trio)

saucysammis
12-23-15, 02:04 AM
I know everyone is super upset about the way they are manipulating us into buying treasure animals now. I don't understand it either. Luckily I was able to breed the Treasure Toucan, Golden Retriever, and the Money Badger before they were taken away. I also bought the Prize Pony as I wasn't able to breed it in the week we were given. I sincerely hoped they had a good reason for taking away the treasure element like perhaps the introduction of a new element or a new and exciting way of getting treasure animals... But sadly it looks like it is just a gem grab. That being said I bought the Ornate Ocelot.
I don't necessarily feel that great about it but the ocelot is one of my favourite animals and I had to have him. The only good thing about this creature being exclusively sold for such a high price is that many players won't have him in their forests which will make him more desirable and a special addition to the forest

It does at first glance seem like a pretty shocking gem grab thrown in our faces....unusual for an animal to be unbreedable and unwinable.....only available through using gems. For me it is the same as the limited habitats: a rare, ok ultra rare treat for those who have earned and saved up their gems. I had 573 gems at the time of release and thought ho ho I could do it without buying gems and I feel pretty good about it! Many times I wanted to speed and didn't so I'd have a stock of gems when habitats or difficult animals came along.

So, I too will be adding him to my forest by virtue of a reserve of gems saved from collecting from my other gem animals, generous neighbors, gifts for placing decor after trying new games, and yes the leftovers from my Black Friday reserve.

I had thought about getting a second toucan during the gem animal sale but didn't. I predicted a new one would come out and saved a spot for its habitat.

31aug2002
12-23-15, 02:34 AM
Exactly

Buying animals stright it goes against the purpose of the game
Just like what someone said previously
Nobody get excited when they hear the words i bought this animal
It only when players says i breed this and that, congratulating each other
, that i get tempted to buy

What i ment to say
Give players thing to get excited for
Furstred players dont pay

That's exactly what I meant... Give something to be excited about , something to work for and then if one gets it the satisfaction would be tenfold. It would even lead to more gem buys.

I would have much rather preferred a flash tournament . At least there would have been something to do , rather than just clicking buy and feeling yay I bought it!!
I would rather work for it and go
Yay I bred the Ornate Ocelot.

Sandybellee
12-23-15, 03:18 AM
It does at first glance seem like a pretty shocking gem grab thrown in our faces....unusual for an animal to be un readable and unwinable.....only available through using gems. For me it is the same as the limited habitats: a rare, ok ultra rare treat for those who have earned and saved up their gems. I had 573 gems at the time of release and thought ho ho I could do it without buying gems and I feel pretty good about it! Many times I wanted to speed and didn't so I'd have a stock of gems when habitats or difficult animals came along.

So, I too will be adding him to my forest by virtue of a reserve of gems saved from collecting from my other gem animals, generous neighbors, gifts for placing decor after trying new games, and yes the leftovers from my Black Friday reserve.

I had thought about getting a second toucan during the gem animal sale but didn't. I predicted a new one would come out and saved a spot for its habitat.

That's my plan also! Since I don't need to buy any gems to be able to get the Ocelot, I figure it's no different from buying a gem habitat - except that the Ocelot gives gems back ( although slowly). I hope they raise the gem amount the new treasure animals give to the same level as in DS (5 a day) in the future since we now have the same buy only system as well.
In any case, I think this is my all-time favorite FFS animal so I will buy it. It's just a question of timing now... If the 15 hours in the den right now turns out to be a Storking, I want to give more shots at breeding the Rudolphin again...

Silverrain1
12-23-15, 07:15 AM

Hi, what is the hatching time for this animal?

chippychan
12-23-15, 07:21 AM
I just noticed the market and splash page don't say anything about the animal being a limited-time animal, just that the sale is limited-time. So I guess this will be a permanent non-breedable animal?

Sandybellee
12-23-15, 07:29 AM
I just noticed the market and splash page don't say anything about the animal being a limited-time animal, just that the sale is limited-time. So I guess this will be a permanent non-breedable animal?

I think so. In DS all treasure dragons are unbreedable, so I think they wanted to introduce the same system here and that's why they pulled all the previous breedable ones. This is just the first one of the new type of treasure animal (like Treasure Toucan was the first of the old ones). I'm sure there will be more introduced in the future. I just hope some of them give more gems.

Edit: just to add, I completely understand why people are upset - this is a big change!

I guess the reason I'm not upset is that I was expecting this based on playing DS. I was very upset when they pulled all treasure animals away so I'm actually very relieved to see there's a new generation of them coming out!
This just requires a shift in playing style - gathering and saving gems for treasure animal sales in addition to premium habitats.

forestwald
12-23-15, 07:51 AM
Would not mind buying this, but, oh wait---I can't! I have no more room for habitats and there is no way I'm getting rid of all of my 3-element habitats I paid good money to own for my kingdom. S8 fails utterly, yet again, with another update with no new expansion anywhere in sight... :mad:

I am with you. I wouldn't mind buying it but I don't have any room to buy the habitat to put the ocelot in. I really, really hope there will be an expansion soon. (Friday????) Otherwise, I will have to pass up to on this anymore animal. :(

chippychan
12-23-15, 08:05 AM
Edit: just to add, I completely understand why people are upset - this is a big change!

I guess the reason I'm not upset is that I was expecting this based on playing DS. I was very upset when they pulled all treasure animals away so I'm actually very relieved to see there's a new generation of them coming out!
This just requires a shift in playing style - gathering and saving gems for treasure animal sales in addition to premium habitats.

I also expected this game to go toward the DS format of having unbreedable gem(gold)-giving animals, but I honestly thought they would at least give a comparable number of gems to the amount of gold the dragons give in DS.

One gem per day at the epic level is just bad.

Maybe if it had a rate that was like the Money Badger (which STILL isn't as good as the normal gold dragons in DS) I would bite at this sale price. However, I personally can't justify buying one. I have enough gems saved on both my accounts to buy one without spending money, but I'm still going to pass.

I'm happy for those who have decided to add this beautiful animal to their forests though. :)

Sandybellee
12-23-15, 08:35 AM
I also expected this game to go toward the DS format of having unbreedable gem(gold)-giving animals, but I honestly thought they would at least give a comparable number of gems to the amount of gold the dragons give in DS.

One gem per day at the epic level is just bad.

Maybe if it had a rate that was like the Money Badger (which STILL isn't as good as the normal gold dragons in DS) I would bite at this sale price. However, I personally can't justify buying one. I have enough gems saved on both my accounts to buy one without spending money, but I'm still going to pass.

I'm happy for those who have decided to add this beautiful animal to their forests though. :)

I understand that completely! If the Ocelot didn't remind me so much of my much beloved black cat who passed away a few years ago, I would wait for the next one, too. But since it does, I'm going to name her after my cat and she can be the protector of my forest. :)

I would expect the gem return to be better for future treasure animals (it certainly should be!). They probably went for 1 a day for this one because they expect many to buy it anyway because of the novelty (first new treasure animal) and it being the holiday season.

saucysammis
12-23-15, 11:09 AM
Hi, what is the hatching time for this animal?

24 hour hatching.

Silverrain1
12-23-15, 11:48 AM
24 hour hatching.

Thank you

Drachenia
12-23-15, 07:24 PM
Hello Elsa or Kooky Panda or Frozen Turtle when is ending the sale of Ornate Ocelot for 600 Gems?

kittenthief
12-23-15, 08:14 PM
I'm so torn on this animal... I love it and I have enough gems to purchase it, but the return on investment is SOOO low. I mean... am I really going to be playing this game in two years? And it would take two years just to recoup the gems spent on it, not to earn anything extra!

FairySong
12-24-15, 12:31 AM
Hello, how did you breed it?

FairySong
12-24-15, 12:33 AM
That's exactly what I meant... Give something to be excited about , something to work for and then if one gets it the satisfaction would be tenfold. It would even lead to more gem buys.

I would have much rather preferred a flash tournament . At least there would have been something to do , rather than just clicking buy and feeling yay I bought it!!
I would rather work for it and go
Yay I bred the Ornate Ocelot.

How did you breed it?

31aug2002
12-24-15, 01:30 AM
How did you breed it?
You cannot breed it. It is only available in market and you have to use gems to buy it.
Right now I am in two minds whether to go ahead and buy it or not.

infinitelove19
12-24-15, 02:33 AM
You cannot breed it. It is only available in market and you have to use gems to buy it.
Right now I am in two minds whether to go ahead and buy it or not.

I honestly think I would be more likely to buy it, if it were possible to breed. That is, I would try to breed it, and if I were unsuccessful, I would probably buy it, but with it not even being possible to breed, it just seems like dirty pool. I don't want to play that game. :-/

RowanaFarrin
12-24-15, 06:42 AM
I'm honestly torn about this one, really torn. On the one hand, it's the first Treasure animal that I've really loved the look of and I don't have any Treasure animals at all yet. On the other hand, it doesn't produce that many gems for the cost of buying it and I would have to buy most of the gems outright as I spent most of my saved ones on habitats.

I think for now I may consider it if I get a gem sale while it's still on sale. Really wish it produced more gems or was a bit cheaper.

(Really lovely design though! Love all the black!)

Well I got a sale today...decisions, decisions...

Also, Happy Christmas Eve all! ^_^

readysetgo888
12-24-15, 07:35 AM
I came on the forums for some clarification.... Are you freaking serious. Not only is this new treasure animal not breedable (I think that's ridiculous but whatever), but ALL of the previous treasure animals are now GONE?

SO. MAD.

I quit being emotionally invested in this game months ago when I quit the forum, still playing but I don't really compete in tournaments or events much anymore because they are unfair, and I really hate most of the changes that S8 has made to the game. But this is the first one in a long time that has made me angry. WHY? I was looking forward to eventually breeding the Toucan in particular. What reason is there to take that away from us? The possibility of getting it was infinitesimally small anyway. I did get a Retriever through breeding, though. Really wanted the Toucan. At least I got one as I know that's better than many players ever got.

And as far as I can tell, no warning that these animals were being removed either.

So disheartening. This is a change that needs to be reversed. No one should buy this new animal. It is a lousy investment anyway.

kooky panda
12-24-15, 11:24 AM
Hello Elsa or Kooky Panda or Frozen Turtle when is ending the sale of Ornate Ocelot for 600 Gems?

I will check on this.
:)

saucysammis
12-24-15, 12:08 PM
24 hour hatch
33 hour evolution(1st)
32 hour evolution(2nd)

Soon you will see it stalking my forest.... (Say, 31 more hours!)
I'm happy I had enough gems to buy it, and will be saving up for the next treat.

Merry happy ho ho ho everyone.

Silverrain1
12-24-15, 12:18 PM
24 hour hatch
33 hour evolution

Soon you will see it stalking my forest.... (Say, 31 more hours!)
I'm happy I had enough gems to buy it, and will be saving up for the next treat.

Merry happy ho ho ho everyone.

Thanks, I wondered what evolution times would b, I knew they would b long. I'm waiting for my evolution flower to b done do I can put her in. This is my first gem animal, how does it work when collecting gems? Does it show up above habitat when you have gems to collect or do u just need to check every so often?

31aug2002
12-24-15, 01:03 PM
Thanks, I wondered what evolution times would b, I knew they would b long. I'm waiting for my evolution flower to b done do I can put her in. This is my first gem animal, how does it work when collecting gems? Does it show up above habitat when you have gems to collect or do u just need to check every so often?

A gem sign shows up on the habitat when it's ready for collection!

Silverrain1
12-24-15, 01:31 PM
A gem sign shows up on the habitat when it's ready for collection!

Thanks, is that as soon as a gem becomes available or when your capacity is full? Also (this may sound crazy) I heard that if you touch the habitat before the gems are ready it resets the timer on when the next gem becomes available. Is that true?

sweetdeda
12-24-15, 01:43 PM
Thanks, is that as soon as a gem becomes available or when your capacity is full? Also (this may sound crazy) I heard that if you touch the habitat before the gems are ready it resets the timer on when the next gem becomes available. Is that true?

That's not true, the gem appears for me when I have two gems to collect, I have prize pony which gives me one a day. But generally I just collect every night before I go to bed. There have been times that I forgot to collect at night and do it in the morning and still that night I will have a gem waiting for me.

Drachenia
12-24-15, 01:44 PM
I will check on this.
:)

Thank you very much Kooky Panda and Happy Christmas

Silverrain1
12-24-15, 04:08 PM
That's not true, the gem appears for me when I have two gems to collect, I have prize pony which gives me one a day. But generally I just collect every night before I go to bed. There have been times that I forgot to collect at night and do it in the morning and still that night I will have a gem waiting for me.

Thanks, I did think it sounded a little strange. U guys r a great help in here. What's everyone's gem animals called? Mine has came up as precious

matiasabad94
12-24-15, 04:19 PM
Thanks, I did think it sounded a little strange. U guys r a great help in here. What's everyone's gem animals called? Mine has came up as precious

Bling & Jewel :)

Sandybellee
12-24-15, 04:58 PM
Congrats to everyone who've got the Ocelot so far! My beautiful Christmas baby just hatched and is now undergoing her first 32-hour evolution. So happy! :)

Silverrain1
12-24-15, 05:14 PM

Nice, I like them

matiasabad94
12-24-15, 06:41 PM
Nice, I like them

That's the automated names the game gave them :P but it suits them.

BBragg15
12-24-15, 07:02 PM
I'm thinking about buying him what habitat would he go on, any particular one.

RowanaFarrin
12-24-15, 08:47 PM
I'm thinking about buying him what habitat would he go on, any particular one.

He goes in the Treasure Trove habitat, which you can buy for 730k gold (it takes 24 hours to build too). I hope you enjoy your kitty! ^_^

I also spoiled myself and bought one since I love the design and it'll be my first treasure creature. I do think it's one to mostly consider if you really like the animal, since the gem rewards are not actually the best for the cost. Still, I think I will enjoy having him as a guardian of my forest!

Merry Christmas everyone! ^_^

BBragg15
12-25-15, 05:55 AM
Same for about the first one, it will drain me of my money for the habitat but will get it back eventually.

Silverrain1
12-25-15, 08:01 AM
Has anyone seen a food chart for this animal? I can't seem to find one. I'm banking up food to get her to epic asap to get some gems bk. I'm sitting at just under 58000, and she's in for first evolution so iv got time to pull it up more but would like to know roughly how much I need. Especially since I was in process of making my wyburn epic and had to stop to work on this one, I hate having them half done but Precious will be my priority just now haha!

Drachenia
12-25-15, 08:12 AM
Has anyone seen a food chart for this animal? I can't seem to find one. I'm banking up food to get her to epic asap to get some gems bk. I'm sitting at just under 58000, and she's in for first evolution so iv got time to pull it up more but would like to know roughly how much I need. Especially since I was in process of making my wyburn epic and had to stop to work on this one, I hate having them half done but Precious will be my priority just now haha!
The food is like Ultra Rare :D

Silverrain1
12-25-15, 09:01 AM
The food is like Ultra Rare :D

Thanks, thought it would have been like that

31aug2002
12-25-15, 10:33 AM
Any idea when this goes off the sale? There is no timer so it may just disappear with today's update !!!

saucysammis
12-25-15, 10:39 AM
Any idea when this goes off the sale? There is no timer so it may just disappear with today's update !!!

If you are considering getting it for the sale price I wouldn't wait....even the sale habitat could go off sale but remain available for the remainder of the event.

matiasabad94
12-25-15, 11:32 AM
I'll have a gift card in about two hours. If the update doesn't take the sale away I will buy it. *crosses fingers*

kittenthief
12-25-15, 01:08 PM

Mine was called Rich--how bland and boring, right? :rolleyes:

I added 'ter' to the end to make him sound a bit more regal and give him a less tacky name. Richter suits him, I think.

saucysammis
12-25-15, 01:22 PM
I rename all my animals as the animals that they are so mine will be Ornatea.

BBragg15
12-26-15, 12:45 PM
Same for about the first one, it will drain me of my money for the habitat but will get it back eventually.
Well I just got him about an hour ago than back to trying to get the teddy bear. I have so many in line to get like the new one (Treent) that just came out.

Silverrain1
12-26-15, 05:24 PM
Now in for the second evolution. This animal has a long evolution time which means iv not got any gems from it because it's been in the flower pretty much since I got it! But that does mean I can gather food like crazy to evolve it for its final evolution. Will need to calculate those numbers now.

BBragg15
12-26-15, 07:53 PM
Why don't you get gems from it, do you have to evolve it first?

saucysammis
12-26-15, 09:52 PM
Why don't you get gems from it, do you have to evolve it first?

Just as any creature only gives coins while in a habitat, and does not give coins while in the den, the nest, or the evolution flower; the gem animals cannot give gems unless it is present in the habitat.

We are feeding and evolving and missing our Ocelots because gem generation is greatest when the animal is in epic form just as coin generation is greatest for epic form animals. The evolution takes 32 hours. If we left them as babies we would have to wait 72 hours for 1 gem. Might as well just evolve them to epic ASAP.

---I forgot to mention, and will edit to add: the gem timer on these animals resets every time you evolve- or feed them - so the trick is to evolve, then feed it as much as you can right away, then leave it alone, save up food and don't be tempted to feed it until you get a gem. Once it gives a gem the timer resets and it's time for another round of feeding/ evolving.---

For the Treasure Toucan, the Prize Pony and the Ornate Ocelot epic form guarantees 3 gems per 3 days:

In baby form it gives 1 gem every 3 days.
After the 1st evolution it gives 1 gem every 2 days.
After 2nd evolution it gives 1 gem every 1.5 days
After epic evolution it gives 1 or more gems every day.

For Golden Retriever and Money Badger the epic form guarantees 4 gems per every 3 days. On occasion I think they generate more than that.

BBragg15
12-27-15, 08:08 AM
Just as any creature only gives coins while in a habitat, and does not give coins while in the den, the nest, or the evolution flower; the gem animals cannot give gems unless it is present in the habitat.

We are feeding and evolving and missing our Ocelots because gem generation is greatest when the animal is in epic form just as coin generation is greatest for epic form animals. The evolution takes 32 hours. If we left them as babies we would have to wait 72 hours for 1 gem. Might as well just evolve them to epic ASAP.

For the Treasure Toucan, the Prize Pony and the Ornate Ocelot epic form guarantees 3 gems per 3 days:

In baby form it gives 1 gem every 3 days.
After the 1st evolution it gives 1 gem every 2 days.
After 2nd evolution it gives 1 gem every 1.5 days
After epic evolution it gives 1 or more gems every day.

For Golden Retriever and Money Badger the epic form guarantees 4 gems per every 3 days. On occasion I think they generate more than that.

Well that stinks I don't have that kind of food on hand so mine will be staying little for awhile. I have been making food but using them on others that I'm trying to get up to 15.

saucysammis
12-27-15, 10:32 AM
Well that stinks I don't have that kind of food on hand so mine will be staying little for awhile. I have been making food but using them on others that I'm trying to get up to 15.

I forgot to mention, and will edit to add: the gem timer on these animals resets every time you evolve- or feed them - so the trick is to evolve, then feed it as much as you can right away, then leave it alone, save up food and don't be tempted to feed it until you get a gem. Once it gives a gem the timer resets and it's time for another round of feeding/ evolving.

After the last storybook, and with trying to complete a World Event I'm not sure anyone has enough food to grow an ultra to level 14. I spent a good part of a couple days growing food but am down to 20,000 apples with my Ocelot at level 11. (20,00 is enough to feed it to level 12 and that's it)

The Ocelot will be roaming the forest at lvl 11 until he gives a gem, at which point I should have enough food to level him up more.

Edited to add: I had to try it out: The lvl 11 Ocelot just opened a can of whoop-yer butt and took down lvl 20 Ruby Razorback with 2 critical hits.

BBragg15
12-27-15, 12:30 PM
I forgot to mention, and will edit to add: the gem timer on these animals resets every time you evolve- or feed them - so the trick is to evolve, then feed it as much as you can right away, then leave it alone, save up food and don't be tempted to feed it until you get a gem. Once it gives a gem the timer resets and it's time for another round of feeding/ evolving.

After the last storybook, and with trying to complete a World Event I'm not sure anyone has enough food to grow an ultra to level 14. I spent a good part of a couple days growing food but am down to 20,000 apples with my Ocelot at level 11. (20,00 is enough to feed it to level 12 and that's it)

The Ocelot will be roaming the forest at lvl 11 until he gives a gem, at which point I should have enough food to level him up more.

Edited to add: I had to try it out: The lvl 11 Ocelot just opened a can of whoop-yer butt and took down lvl 20 Ruby Razorback with 2 critical hits.

Thanks for all the info, I finally got him from the egg. I fed him up to the first evolving and now he will be gone for 32 hours. This is going to be awhile to take, least I got 24 silly sweaters out of this too.

Silverrain1
12-27-15, 01:23 PM
I had really hoped that while it was in the flower for its evolution to get to level 10 I would have enough food to get her from 10 to15 but I'm only sitting at just over 70000 just now and if I am remembering correctly I will need about 120 000 for these feedings. She finishes this evolution just after midnight so I have a few hours until then to get more food up. Also because of the world event iv been planting mystic mangoes over night to get more silly sweaters. Maybe for tonight I should plant nexus nuts to get more food for this one. Will see how much food I have then and what the best thing to do after that is. Guess it will depend on how much food I end up with after all that.

Sandybellee
12-27-15, 04:25 PM
I'm very low on food as well. There just hasn't been enough time to log in to plant and collect so I've been planting rune prunes for the world event. So my Ocelot will have to wait a bit longer before I can make her epic.

Silverrain1
12-27-15, 04:43 PM
I will probably b at some mark in the level 13 before I run out. Possibly 14. But 14 - 15 alone takes 30 000 food so that will b fun to gather! No point in feeding her to 14 until I have the food to take her all the way. And I was so hoping to have food left over to go bk to feeding my wyburn.

Silverrain1
12-28-15, 12:12 PM
Not been able to get as much food today as I needed due to being so busy but I have my sapphire Cthulhu in the evolution flower anyway so I wouldn't b able to evolve it even if I got the food. It's finished its evolution in 18 hours so I have that time to try and make up more food. Not sure if that will be enough time

matiasabad94
12-28-15, 04:52 PM
After 500 hours of breeding/evolving, my Ocelot is now an adult! :D I don't want to spend all of my food right now, so I'll make him epic in a few days.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2nsujro.jpg

ogreve
12-28-15, 06:04 PM
I just visited your forest and "I hate how beautiful" the Ocelot is. :P
The above sounds paradoxical. This is a love-hate animal for me: the "love part" is how gorgeous it is and how much I'd like to add it to my forest. The "hate part" is that I'm sticking by my principles and don't want to buy it since it's not breedable at all, so it looks like it'll never stroll around in my forest.
Ironically enough I AM considerring buying the new Treent (if I can't breed it) even though it doesn't give any gems at all and is kinda ugly.... :O

RowanaFarrin
12-28-15, 09:33 PM
Popped my Ocelot in for its final breeding to epic! Very glad I had enough food to get it there right away, though now I'm pretty much out now so hopefully we have a couple weeks until the next storybook. I look forward to trying her out in the next tournament! Unless we have breedable ones again, I think this will likely be my only treasure animal for some time, but I'm happy my only one is so pretty!

saucysammis
12-28-15, 10:41 PM
First gem! Fed and now have leveled to 13. Only 9,000 apples left. Gotta wait for another gem and get food.

BBragg15
12-29-15, 04:44 AM
Well I'm doing pretty good right now it's on the second evolvement but the next one won't be done for a long time. I had to go mining to get enough food to feed him the last part, just under 200 food left over.

Silverrain1
12-29-15, 08:55 AM
Woo, got my first gem from her today. Pretty exciting stuff! Can't wait for it to be more regular. I put my teddy bear into evolve today, which means iv got time to collect the rest of the food I need and can then evolve it

31aug2002
12-29-15, 12:15 PM
The ocelot has been added to the shop at price of 1500 gems. Still not breedable.
IMO , pointless . If one did not buy it for 600 gems, they are not going to do it for 1500. :(:(:(

sweetdeda
12-29-15, 12:51 PM
The ocelot has been added to the shop at price of 1500 gems. Still not breedable.
IMO , pointless . If one did not buy it for 600 gems, they are not going to do it for 1500. :(:(:(

Exactly, pointless. I'm happy for those that did buy the ornate ocelot, it's beautiful, I love seeing it in some of my neighbors forest, but to me if I can't at least try to breed it or win it I will not buy it.

ogreve
12-29-15, 12:59 PM
Same here.
I'm glad the sale is over, now I'm most definitely not buying it. But... So much had already been decided anyway. ;)

Silverrain1
12-29-15, 02:06 PM
This has been the only animal I have ever bought. It's the only gem animal that I have. I was going to buy some of the gem animals when they were on sale before they left but missed out so I'm glad I got this one.

ogreve
12-29-15, 07:59 PM
This has been the only animal I have ever bought. It's the only gem animal that I have. I was going to buy some of the gem animals when they were on sale before they left but missed out so I'm glad I got this one.

Yes, I can perfectly well understand why lots of people bought the animal for reasons like you mention or just because they particularly like the animal and/or don't want gaps in their album. Had I not already had a Golden Retriever and a Prize Pony, I too might have bought it. THE thing that made me not want to do that is that I don't want to encourage TL to release a "breed-less Treasure animal of the month" that can then only be bought all the time for a predictable amount of 600 gems. That's just not my game.

31aug2002
12-29-15, 10:03 PM

I agree with you totally. The only animals I have bought are the Prize pony and the Quartz Quatzelcoatl . At that point in the game I did not have either a gem or treasure animal. I did not have the 2 animals required to breed the prize pony and a Crystal unicorn for the QQ. And yes if I did not already have a treasure animal in the forest I would have definitely jumped at this one.

I still may have bought it if the earning rate also had been a little better than what it is.

So enjoy your Ocelot. And I will keep envying you and all those who bought it :p

Silverrain1
12-30-15, 05:55 AM
I can understand why people didn't want to buy it, it was a big decision to make on weather or not I wanted to buy it. 1500 is way to many gems so I'm glad i got it on sale. it's in for its final evolution now then I can start getting some gems back.

saucysammis
12-30-15, 10:46 AM
My ocelot just gave its 2nd gem and the amount of apples saved since the last gem were enough to bring it up to level 14. By the time it gives the 3rd gem I'll have saved again enough apples to get her to epic evolution.

matiasabad94
12-30-15, 11:22 AM
My ocelot just gave its 2nd gem and the amount of apples saved since the last gem were enough to bring it up to level 14. By the time it gives the 3rd gem I'll have saved again enough apples to get her to epic evolution.

How much food did you need from lvl 10-14?

Silverrain1
12-30-15, 11:27 AM
How much food did you need from lvl 10-14?

You need 120 000 food to get from 10 to the next evolution

Sandybellee
12-30-15, 11:45 AM
I finally fed my Ocelot to the end of level 14. Now I just have to pop her in the flower when it frees up later tonight. And start stocking up food all over again! :D

matiasabad94
12-30-15, 12:08 PM
You need 120 000 food to get from 10 to the next evolution

Thanks! I'll need to save up a lot of food then.

Silverrain1
12-30-15, 12:12 PM
Thanks! I'll need to save up a lot of food then.

No worries. Good luck collecting. I'm trying to decide what animal to make epic next, I have no food left after making this one epic, so something that won't require as much food might b good!

BBragg15
12-30-15, 12:29 PM
Well I just got it out from the second evolve I fed it as much as I could and didn't even get to 11 well I have to wait now to go on and feed him till I receive the first gem in 3 days.