PDA

View Full Version : suggestion: edit mode should select the SMALLEST item not largest

jimmeofdoom
12-22-15, 08:59 AM
Whenever I'm trying to move things around in my kingdom, I am frustrated by 1x1 items ending up stuck behind larger buildings. It becomes nearly impossible to select the 1x1, because the priority is always given to the thing "in front," which is large. Priority should instead be given to the smallest thing! It is EASY to select a large thing. 3x3 and even 2x2 never get stuck behind something; I can always tap on the item at its base, and select it unambiguously. Smaller items should be made easier to select by giving them priority (when I tap on a screen location, if there are multiple objects at that location, select the smallest, not the one in front or the largest).

This is also true for tending (not editing) small items like flowers and animals behind buildings. It's less important in that context, because I can always place small items in front of larger ones when I'm being careful about it. But in edit mode, no matter how careful you are, items will often "drop" out of your grasp when moving them, and when it happens to drop behind a large building (which can be hard to temporarily relocate if your kingdom is at all crowded...), it is very frustrating.