PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Dragon Eggs in Storage

amerirish
12-22-15, 07:21 AM
So I have 15 unique eggs in storage and have been conflicted about what to do with them. On one hand, I want to display the dragons that I have worked hard to win. On the other hand, I'm so worried about running out of room. I have a total (including the eggs in storage) of approximately 432 unique dragons. With so many new and returning dragons, I'm really concerned about space. I am hoping that someone would have advice or share your strategy :)

freshfunin2008
12-22-15, 01:00 PM
We should ALL be able to display them ALL. However TL does not allow that.

I have sold / traded numerous commons just so I can have room in habitats. Knowing that I can easily get those commons back if I need too. A habitat limit just sucks especially for those with over 450 plus dragons. I want to know how TL displays the 600 plus dragons on their island.

amerirish
12-22-15, 01:38 PM
I went through my island and got rid of all duplicates (including Super Rares and expired ones :mad: ) but did keep one of all the commons. The only dupes I have right now, don't matter space wise (Mythic & Cosmic) because they have their own habitat. I can get rid of those if/when I get one of their family members :)

ETA: I forgot that I do have two Crusaders because they did raise the limit when I got number 2. Also, I have one baby angel that I use in the Arctic Islands. If or when the time comes that I need their spaces, I will get rid of them too.

Natasha_07
12-22-15, 02:29 PM
Put all the December ones on display and if you need space store the ugly ones you don't like.

If I ever had all the dragons including the ones that were only offered to iOS across the years, I would turn my DS into a Dragon Christmaslandia if possible. :)

amerirish
12-22-15, 02:48 PM
LOL, they're not all Christmas eggs. Actually I think the only December egg I have in there right now is Ornament (thank you spin wheel :D ). Some are from World Events and whatnot.

DeeDe99
12-22-15, 03:05 PM
I certainly don't have the space problem yet as far as habitat limits and so on, but what worries me is I am already accumulating eggs in storage that I just don't have nest or evolution time (that is with three nests) to do anything with, so they sit there. Plus expansion is getting really expensive now so even though I complain about how slow expansion is (getting maps, 48 hours actually expanding, then clearing, etc etc) I'm rather glad due to the required coin outlay!

I'm allowed 104 habitats at my level and only have 67 housing 183 dragons (of which 9 are Diamond habitats, so one each).

I'm watching this thread to gain insights for the future!

I'm wondering how many I'll have in storage when I get to the levels you guys are at. It scares me.

cocauina
12-22-15, 03:08 PM
I would love to hatch them all, but I already learned something from TL - Never hatch storage dragons, space is important, storage dragons will be there forever, nothing can happen to them unless you press in one without noticing and have at least 1 nest free. Also, TL will keep releasing dragons that cannot be put in storage, even if their players have not have space in their islands, they just don't care.

A plus to storage dragons is "there's no limit like the habitats and the dragon stables"

And amerirish, if you don't know what to do with your 15 dragons that you have in storage, you don't even want to imagine how many dragons I have in my storage...

amerirish
12-23-15, 07:31 AM
I would love to hatch them all, but I already learned something from TL - Never hatch storage dragons, space is important, storage dragons will be there forever, nothing can happen to them unless you press in one without noticing and have at least 1 nest free. Also, TL will keep releasing dragons that cannot be put in storage, even if their players have not have space in their islands, they just don't care.

A plus to storage dragons is "there's no limit like the habitats and the dragon stables"

And amerirish, if you don't know what to do with your 15 dragons that you have in storage, you don't even want to imagine how many dragons I have in my storage...

Ouch :( this makes me sad for both of us.

Jrod333
12-23-15, 08:12 AM
You can fit 620 dragons now

amerirish
12-23-15, 02:15 PM
You can fit 620 dragons now

Is that figure based on having all 4 dragon capacity habitats? I have some, but mostly 3 dragon habitats and several Diamonds (only hold 1). Thanks :)

cocauina
12-23-15, 03:26 PM
Ouch :( this makes me sad for both of us.

Total dragons in Storage: 159
This is how many unique Dragons I have in storage: 137

Duplicates from Spin to Win and Tournaments that I already:
Won before in World Events: 4
Won before in Dragon Summonings: 2
Have breeded: 10
Have Crafted: 6

In the middle of all this dragons from storage, in the unique ones I'm counting with Olympus(1) and Germany(2), despite of having one of each in my island, this is because If I ever need space, I know I will have one of each in my loyal Storage.

In the middle of the duplicates, this in specific, Pumpkin, Cornucopia, Porcelain, Lighthouse, Celtic, Glass, Spellthorn, Dawntree, Lunar Horse(2), Cherry Blossom(3), White Rose(2) and Black Knight(2), I will do the same thing has Olympus and Germany.

I don't hatch dragons since the 1st World Event.. The only ones I hatched after that, were champion ones and probably hatched less than 4...

Fantasy Forest Story is the same. Welcome to my storage! :P

Jrod333
12-23-15, 08:58 PM
Is that figure based on having all 4 dragon capacity habitats? I have some, but mostly 3 dragon habitats and several Diamonds (only hold 1). Thanks :)

Yes it is, except for the 3 dragon habitats that can't be upgraded to 4. I'm just letting you all know it is possible to display them all. Loosing the 1 diamond habitats and upgrading 3 to 4 dragon habitats is the price you pay to display them all. You put in all the time, effort and possibly $ to collect them all, so what good is leaving them in storage. I have about 70 dragons in storage but they are extras and if I ever do need the space that bad I'll trade or sell ones that I have multiple extra of. Between those extras and the extras in my stable I could sell off over 100 displayed dragons, then display again. Same idea as what you all are doing except with extras

Natasha_07
12-24-15, 06:57 AM
LOL, they're not all Christmas eggs. Actually I think the only December egg I have in there right now is Ornament (thank you spin wheel :D ). Some are from World Events and whatnot.

Yeah I knew that, LOL! But I'm such a sucker for Christmas, it's unbelievable! I would turn all my games into Christmaslandias and Winter Wonderlands... :)

I wish we could trade, so I would collect all the holiday ones I don't have...

amerirish
12-24-15, 09:22 AM
Thanks for all of the feedback you guys & gals :) it's nice to get some different points of view. I think I'm going to take a few out and leave some in. This will also help in the world event as most of my stored eggs are upward of 16 hour hatching time.