PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Fair - 22 Dec 2015

ArlettesFarm
12-22-15, 03:30 AM
Did anyone else see a notification (not an actual pop-up box) about a New Year's Fair starting tomorrow. Apparently it will give farmers the chance to "win New Year's decorations".

:)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27140

mariotiggeroo
12-22-15, 12:53 PM
I saw it yesterday evening but nothing since

ArlettesFarm
12-22-15, 01:58 PM
Same here. Curious...

Natasha_07
12-22-15, 02:35 PM
Didn't see that, I'm on android. Maybe nothing for us! :(

alish00
12-22-15, 03:59 PM
The fair is here!!

lnztrekfan
12-22-15, 04:04 PM
It's here! This is one of my favorite types of events!

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27135

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27136

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27137

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27138

lnztrekfan
12-22-15, 04:07 PM
Got the balloons for finishing 1st day.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27139

TimeForACuppaTea
12-22-15, 04:51 PM
Is the final prize the cat? Can anyone tell yet?

Rynetory2
12-22-15, 05:00 PM
The final prize is a New Year Cat.

dusselduck
12-22-15, 05:20 PM
Christmas is coming and now we have a New Year event?
Everyone has to prepare for christmas and REALLY no time to play for another CAT.

Merry Christmas everyone who walks on in this game.

ArlettesFarm
12-22-15, 08:01 PM
Oh wow, this is exciting! And I love this type of event. I think it's probably the most achievable at this time of year. Yay!

Thank you, TL :-)

knuffel19
12-23-15, 02:01 AM
So I need three of the same fish I have never been able to catch as I don't have that golden lure bait. This sucks. Is it worth it to continue? Otherwise I am going to quit this and go back to ordinary deliveries

Rynetory2
12-23-15, 02:07 AM
You can refresh your order if you can't get the fish. Click on the little "O" arrow icon next to your order and you'll get a new order in 30 mins. Hope this helps.

JojoMoonflower
12-23-15, 04:40 AM
This event may officially start the day after Christmas. My goal says 13 days. But the event says 10 days, and I can choose start now or later. I am pretty sure if I choose start now, I will have 10 days. I want to wait til Christmas Day to start. Can we get confirmation of this by a moderator?

Rynetory2
12-23-15, 06:09 AM
Affirmative, you can choose to start now or later, and you have 10 days to complete the event counting from the day you start. I'm checking on the game automatic start date for the event. Thanks.

lnztrekfan
12-23-15, 11:51 AM
I received the fireworks for completing day 2. Then received third part of goal! New outfit for the piggies!

JojoMoonflower
12-23-15, 02:02 PM
Affirmative, you can choose to start now or later, and you have 10 days to complete the event counting from the day you start. I'm checking on the game automatic start date for the event. Thanks.

Thank you. I'm excited!

Rynetory2
12-23-15, 11:28 PM
ATM I have no updates on the automatic event start date and it's Christmas Eve... Here's my advise to fellow members who have not start their event yet:

1. Start your event today if possible. OR
2. Keep checking your game if you want to wait for the auto start.

Thanks. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all! Cheers.

mozbeck
12-27-15, 03:50 PM
I've received 2 different notifications about a new year pig then today about a chicken, my new year prize is a cat? Where are these pigs and chickens at? I want those not the cat please help!

ghjvcucjb
12-27-15, 09:46 PM
I've received 2 different notifications about a new year pig then today about a chicken, my new year prize is a cat? Where are these pigs and chickens at? I want those not the cat please help!

I think your notices are about "skins" that can be applied to your existing animals. Not actual new pigs and chickens. If you won those then they are in your storage. Go to storage and drag the skin/costume over your animals and they will redress in that costume.

mozbeck
12-27-15, 10:21 PM
I think your notices are about "skins" that can be applied to your existing animals. Not actual new pigs and chickens. If you won those then they are in your storage. Go to storage and drag the skin/costume over your animals and they will redress in that costume.

Ooh I bet you're right I could have totally misread them (I just really want more pet pigs and a chicken too how fun would that be?!). Thanks for the reply!

Rynetory2
12-27-15, 10:34 PM
Ooh I bet you're right I could have totally misread them (I just really want more pet pigs and a chicken too how fun would that be?!). Thanks for the reply!

The notifications refer to your daily goal prizes. Rest assured that the grand prize is still the New Year Cat for everyone. :)

dizzle507
12-29-15, 08:52 AM
They are starting to give out almost no percentage increase....and it's only day 7. 5 ribbon orders, only giving 12% :(

Mitzi111
12-30-15, 02:32 PM
So we will have a snowman and ball drop that both have 2016 on them? Cute for a few weeks, then in storage and won't really ever come out again.... I mean, unless someone wants to have a 2016 ball drop in 2017. ?? Am I right?

PookieBear50
12-30-15, 04:01 PM
I am finding it depressingly laughable that now, as the event winds down for me, so many of the items I'm being asked for are either 1) items which are next to impossible to find and time consuming to make, or 2) items which, prior to being asked for were in extreme abundance in the newspaper and in neighbors' shops, but now that I need them are scarce or impossible to find now.

Edit: And then, of course, as soon as I commit my crafting stations to make something I couldn't find, it suddenly appears in the newspaper.

I am also finding it frustrating to get requests like 2 PB&J sandwiches for one, and 2 Wood Necklaces for another, refresh them, and get back requests for 1 PB&J and 1 Wood Necklace.

Things were going relatively well, but I don't know if I have it in me to finish this event on time...

Rynetory2
12-30-15, 08:55 PM
I think everyone is conserving their supply for their goal days so it made it more difficult to find those items, especially those that take ages to craft and low profit. I have been crafting non stop to replenish mine. My event seems to like ice cream sandwiches. If you need help, try posting here. I'll help if I can. Good luck.

P.S. You may want to use/adjust the list I posted in Is your farm ready for an event? (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87580-Is-your-farm-ready-for-an-event&p=1225946#post1225946) thread for your preparation for next event.

CLOVERKAITO
12-30-15, 10:13 PM
Would really love some help with coins. If anyone is available please buy some of the crops I'm selling so that I have some coins to help finish this event. Thank you so much in advance :)

Edit: Event done. Thanks for helping!

walilacsh
12-31-15, 03:44 AM
I can't figure out how to collect the New Year's Tower Boosts. Did anyone figure that out?

Rynetory2
12-31-15, 03:54 AM
If you have purchased the New Year Tower, you are able to collect your boosts by swiping or scrolling over it every 2 hours while your goal day is activated. Thanks.

raissawinda
12-31-15, 07:47 AM
If you have purchased the New Year Tower, you are able to collect your boosts by swiping or scrolling over it every 2 hours while your goal day is activated. Thanks.

hi dear, do you think it will worth the price if i make a purchase of one tower? 18 hrs left and i am still 43% to get the cow skin. i got more long crafting stuff than the short ones to deliver these days, i am afraid i could not make it to the grand prize. and i rarely see the things i need, neither at the market nor the neighbors stores. i am not complaining but i need to complain to release some stress anyway :p anyone got the cat already? is she that adorable? hahaha.. i have 230 something gems at the moment, think i can get one tower if you suggest me to..

roguebee
12-31-15, 09:44 AM
I just collected my cat. Of course, being my first pet, I had to buy a bungalow and now have to craft some food for her.

lightson50
12-31-15, 05:17 PM
So I just won my New Years Cat. However, I cant buy another bungalow because i already have three....so that was a lot of work for nothing!

PookieBear50
12-31-15, 07:38 PM
So I just won my New Years Cat. However, I cant buy another bungalow because i already have three....so that was a lot of work for nothing!

You can always "bring some of your cats inside", so to speak (put them in storage, actually), and let the New Year's Cat roam around the farm a while.

PookieBear50
12-31-15, 07:42 PM
I think everyone is conserving their supply for their goal days so it made it more difficult to find those items, especially those that take ages to craft and low profit. I have been crafting non stop to replenish mine. My event seems to like ice cream sandwiches. If you need help, try posting here. I'll help if I can. Good luck.

P.S. You may want to use/adjust the list I posted in Is your farm ready for an event? (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87580-Is-your-farm-ready-for-an-event&p=1225946#post1225946) thread for your preparation for next event.

I got my cat, thankfully, but just as an aside...twice, I had to refresh because an item came up that I didn't have and couldn't find anywhere. Both times, about 5 minutes later, they turned up in the newspaper. I must have some of the worst luck when it comes to timing.

As to your suggestion...I think I will spend the next several weeks (or however long until a "Fairground Event" comes up again) crafting the highest level items I can manage at this time...and stockpile at least 4 each of them. Not even sure if that will be enough, but at this point, I don't have anything to lose. If worse comes to worst, I can always put them in the shop. I'm sure someone will need them at some point or another.

lightson50
12-31-15, 08:04 PM
You can always "bring some of your cats inside", so to speak (put them in storage, actually), and let the New Year's Cat roam around the farm a while.

How do you do that? All I can do is change the position of the bungalow? Can't put them in storage.

Rynetory2
12-31-15, 10:09 PM
hi dear, do you think it will worth the price if i make a purchase of one tower? 18 hrs left and i am still 43% to get the cow skin. i got more long crafting stuff than the short ones to deliver these days, i am afraid i could not make it to the grand prize. and i rarely see the things i need, neither at the market nor the neighbors stores. i am not complaining but i need to complain to release some stress anyway :p anyone got the cat already? is she that adorable? hahaha.. i have 230 something gems at the moment, think i can get one tower if you suggest me to..

Here are some things for your consideration if to purchase a tower.
1. how much play time do you have for your Day 10?
The tower will give you a better chance of finishing the event but you will still need to make more deliveries.

2. what's your current stock of difficult to find crafts in your barn?
Take a look at your barn and take stock. Are you able to do more deliveries? If not, do you have time to keep refreshing or hunt for the required crafts?

3. what's your doable delivery rate base on past few days?
4. how much do you want the New Year Cat?

I hope these pointers will help you to make an accessment of your situation to make a decision on your purchase. Good luck with your last day.

Rynetory2
12-31-15, 10:14 PM
How do you do that? All I can do is change the position of the bungalow? Can't put them in storage.

Click on a bungalow, click on the baggage icon and select the cat(s) to store into cellar. Once your cat is stored, you can put your New Year Cat on display.

P.S. It's best to store a pet after collecting from it but dont feed it.

Fasendaminha
01-01-16, 03:23 AM
Just collected my cat😀
Will now sale all the items I was hoarding... So please come on shopping 🙂

Sold out... 300 items gone in one day lol hope it helped

Sandybellee
01-01-16, 09:04 AM
I really enjoyed this event! Thank you, TL! The cat is adorable. Happy new year, everyone!

suncatchers
01-03-16, 02:35 PM
Does anyone know if we have to keep the Holiday Harvest Farm Story app or do we switch back to the original? I'm afraid I'll miss something if I don't play on the right app! :)

tnt1192
01-05-16, 07:21 AM
Does anyone know if we have to keep the Holiday Harvest Farm Story app or do we switch back to the original? I'm afraid I'll miss something if I don't play on the right app! :)

I was wondering the same thing. I switched back to the original farm and my New Years cat isn't showing up on that one.

Rynetory2
01-05-16, 08:20 AM
Play on the version that you prefer as both versions are working fine. Have fun.

Rynetory2
01-05-16, 08:25 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I switched back to the original farm and my New Years cat isn't showing up on that one.

What happens when you ring the bell to call for your cat? I'm seeing the cat on both versions.

Please check that you have sufficient space on your device. Thanks.

suncatchers
01-05-16, 02:12 PM
Play on the version that you prefer as both versions are working fine. Have fun.

Thank you!

tnt1192
01-05-16, 03:47 PM
What happens when you ring the bell to call for your cat? I'm seeing the cat on both versions.

Please check that you have sufficient space on your device. Thanks.

When I ring the bell only one cat shows up. Just a spinning circle shows up for the New Years cat when I look to see what cats I have. I have no problem on the holiday farm, its just not showing up on the original farm.

Rynetory2
01-05-16, 11:20 PM
Try reinstalling your regular version. Pls ensure you have plenty of space and good connection in order to refresh your cat. Thanks.

tnt1192
01-06-16, 07:06 AM
Try reinstalling your regular version. Pls ensure you have plenty of space and good connection in order to refresh your cat. Thanks.

He is there now. Thank you for your help!!

Rynetory2
01-06-16, 07:17 AM
He is there now. Thank you for your help!!

Glad to hear you found your ran away cat! :D

13eater
01-09-16, 07:28 PM
second week into the new year....i am wondering whether the new year ball will be animated only when you tap on it or it will be continuously animated like that one displayed in the fair grounds?

raissawinda
01-10-16, 07:55 AM
Here are some things for your consideration if to purchase a tower.
1. how much play time do you have for your Day 10?
The tower will give you a better chance of finishing the event but you will still need to make more deliveries.

2. what's your current stock of difficult to find crafts in your barn?
Take a look at your barn and take stock. Are you able to do more deliveries? If not, do you have time to keep refreshing or hunt for the required crafts?

3. what's your doable delivery rate base on past few days?
4. how much do you want the New Year Cat?

I hope these pointers will help you to make an accessment of your situation to make a decision on your purchase. Good luck with your last day.

apologize for the expired reply to your comment dear, i did not make it. 46% to the last grand prize, til the last minute i could not deliver any. but that was ok for me, it was a great event and so much fun though, but yeah, just did not make it. but i'm so happy to see some people got their new years cat and just realized that the ball tower does nothing on my farm?

anyway... i greatly appreciate your suggestion on purchasing a booster or two on county fair kind of event, but hmm...maybe for the next ones? :D again thank you so much and happy belated new year!

Rynetory2
01-12-16, 05:51 AM
second week into the new year....i am wondering whether the new year ball will be animated only when you tap on it or it will be continuously animated like that one displayed in the fair grounds?

It would only animate when clicked.

Rynetory2
01-12-16, 05:55 AM
apologize for the expired reply to your comment dear, i did not make it. 46% to the last grand prize, til the last minute i could not deliver any. but that was ok for me, it was a great event and so much fun though, but yeah, just did not make it. but i'm so happy to see some people got their new years cat and just realized that the ball tower does nothing on my farm?

anyway... i greatly appreciate your suggestion on purchasing a booster or two on county fair kind of event, but hmm...maybe for the next ones? :D again thank you so much and happy belated new year!

I am sorry you didnt manage to get your cat. :( I hope you do better for the future events. The ball tower is a touch animated decoration.

13eater
01-17-16, 10:07 PM
It would only animate when clicked.

it would have been awesome if it's like the one displayed in the fair grounds. i appreciate your response, thank you so much :cool:

Rynetory2
01-18-16, 06:51 AM
it would have been awesome if it's like the one displayed in the fair grounds. i appreciate your response, thank you so much :cool:

You're most welcome. I've passed your suggestion to the team. :)

Rynetory2
01-22-16, 04:49 AM

I am sorry to inform you that the team has decided to keep this prize animated when tapped so as to reduce strain on lower end devices. Sorry about this.