PDA

View Full Version : Sheep

Roseville1192
12-19-15, 04:23 PM
Is there any way to obtain a sheep without having to spend gems? Like quests, ecc?

SpiritWind00
12-19-15, 04:51 PM
They can be a very rare adventure box drop. Link to Adventrure Guide: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85513-Castle-Story-Adventure-Guide

A sheep is a great gem purchase though and you will collect from him loads. You need wool for many things when starting out.

Roseville1192
12-19-15, 05:06 PM
Thank you!

zyfazix
12-19-15, 06:13 PM
They can be a very rare adventure box drop. Link to Adventrure Guide: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85513-Castle-Story-Adventure-Guide

A sheep is a great gem purchase though and you will collect from him loads. You need wool for many things when starting out.

Tbh, there's very few things you need wool for. The only things that come to mind that require wool are the Windmill and a quest with the jousting arena. If you ask me you shouldn't spend gems in a sheep

mreames
12-19-15, 06:27 PM
Tbh, there's very few things you need wool for. The only things that come to mind that require wool are the Windmill and a quest with the jousting arena. If you ask me you shouldn't spend gems in a sheep

It depends on where they are in the story line. There have been several occasions when wool was needed for crafting cloth. There is also a trade in the royal exchange that uses wool. There have also been uses for it in special events. However, if one goes on enough adventures, a sheep is bound to show up at some point.

danzplace
12-19-15, 07:30 PM
I agree,mall adventures are helpful. But I would buy at least one and collect whenever I could.

janddolphins
12-19-15, 09:25 PM
I agree with buying one of the cheaper ones of you have the gems. The wool will come in handy throughout game plus it drops prime cuts at a decent rate :) eventually you will get more from adventures but stockpiling on wool now is a good idea for when you do need it. Good luck!

Anaboe
12-20-15, 06:44 AM
I never bought any gem-animals. The adventures gave them quite often, so now I have of each normal gem-animals 10+, and of the manticore and dragons, 4+ each.

But if you're short on wool regularly, just buy 1, and collect from it every time, untill you have a stash of 99 wool - and then start making stuff that requires wool, untill you have a stash of that too.

But the stables drop wood too, and they don't require gems...

rulerofjennyville
12-21-15, 06:13 PM
I bought one sheep with gems and got two through adventures - I can't remember which adventures though, sorry. I got a black pig that way as well and a bush that drops multicolored petals. Then I got another turkey sheep through the thanksgiving challenge. So I spent on one and got three without gems. I think I'd get fruit trees before sheep depending on where you are in the game. And when that glimmerdust trove pops up in the store (it's not always there) it is worth the 40 gems.

Korlcek
12-22-15, 04:50 AM
Ancient Vault adventure drops sheep, Roaming Bandits and Desert sands drop Black Sheep.

mreames
12-22-15, 08:35 AM
Ancient Vault adventure drops sheep, Roaming Bandits and Desert sands drop Black Sheep.

Just a little correction..... Ancient vault and roaming bandits can drop white sheep, dark caves and burning sands can drop black sheep.

rulerofjennyville
12-22-15, 02:00 PM

Oooh - good to know. I've only gotten white sheep and a black pig. I want a black sheep. Do any quests drop royal cows?

Chaotarch
12-22-15, 03:13 PM
Oooh - good to know. I've only gotten white sheep and a black pig. I want a black sheep. Do any quests drop royal cows?

always check the HUB:o
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85513-Castle-Story-Adventure-Guide

...i got a lot of royal cows and some pigs from dark cave...

mreames
12-22-15, 03:21 PM
Dark caves, desert sands and feral lands all have the possibility to drop Royal cows and pigs and black sheep. Like Chaotarch, I find dark caves best for it.

always check the HUB:o
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85513-Castle-Story-Adventure-Guide

...i got a lot of royal cows and some pigs from dark cave...

AnniePMH
12-23-15, 12:17 AM
The desert adventure has given me quite a few royal pigs. Royal cows, on the other hand, not dropping:mad::mad::mad:, and I send that adventure every day from castle and every other day from barracks...:eek::rolleyes:

Edit: I get a fair bit of black sheep from desert:)

ladyperidot
12-23-15, 02:10 PM
Is there any way to obtain a sheep without having to spend gems? Like quests, ecc?
I bought my first one for gems. The other four have dropped from adventures. Still hoping for a black one though

rulerofjennyville
12-23-15, 05:06 PM
I don't get much from the desert trips.

ChezSweet
01-08-17, 11:28 AM
I've got a black sheep that was a drop from an adventure, dark cave one I think but not positive.

PurpleScorpion76
01-25-17, 08:53 AM
I agree to a degree on many points mentioned above, but my experience of needing wool was a little different. I started this game nearly 3 years ago, and my first major need for wool was during the summer gazebo event I had barely any wool, as I had only 1 stable at that point and no sheep. I don't buy gems so only had what I'd accumulated in the game by that point. To finish the event (my first timed event) I got the second stable and a sheep. After I'd completed the event I soon noticed there was no major need for wool and it was an excess requirement but soon more timed events came along and so a need for wool along with a trade exchange and a need for wool to make rope. Its definitely a worthwhile investment in my opinion along with 1 of each fruit tree, apple, orange and lemon, and yes a glimmerdust trove. But my first investment before all of that was a red trillium plant. Red petals are a huge need. All of these can be got from adventures. But it'll take ages to be able to daily runs on adventures. Happy playing!