PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Review 2015

LalaSmooth
12-19-15, 08:44 AM
So what did you guys think of this year's content and updates and what do you think 2016 will offer us?

214sed
12-19-15, 09:25 AM
What I Think is that there will be some sales and not many updates for some reason. But I hope 2016 will bring a good year for sales though.

deekathleen
12-19-15, 09:45 AM
I think there were a few good updates. I think they totally dropped the ball on the holiday updates and lost out on tons of money, which makes zero business sense. They have given me bad feeligs about the future of the story one games in general.

steelersbabyyy
12-19-15, 10:49 AM
some of the updates were really nice. some were really horrible. it stinks there was no halloween sale. and the black friday sale was the worst bf sale i've ever seen. hopefully we get a christmas sale. To me, it seems like bakery story and restaurant story seem to be going downhill

kristin5399
12-20-15, 01:23 AM
Since this was my first year playing the game I was generally happy with the updates. From seeing other bakeries though, this years Halloween content was childish in comparison to previous years. I think we are mostly adults playing this game and I have hopes that 2016 will bring content more suited for us. I can understand the frustration of those that have been playing for years. I have to say that I like most of the new recipes though.

pieandcream
12-20-15, 09:25 AM
- design turned childish, please return to old version design (new design is similar to the newer games, rs 2 bs2...it sucks)
- too many "feasts" - low originality, dont be so lazy.
- not enough sales (years of content and you dont use it to make money? who is managing this?)

+ new recipes were good
+ some themes + content (i.e: chinese mid autumn festival) were awesome
+ love the titan xmas tree, people were asking for one last year, well done!

for 2016, if you want to keep current customers listen to feedback. im pretty sure you could get a higher turnover if you had more, especially seasonal sales, coupled with gem sales. those were lacking in most of the year leading to a very disappointing Halloween and BF; and potentially Xmas, THE seasons you could have easily made a profit of.

Kooky, im not sure how it works but do they ask or are interested in year end review feedback which you pass on?

kooky panda
12-20-15, 09:41 AM
- design turned childish, please return to old version design (new design is similar to the newer games, rs 2 bs2...it sucks)
- too many "feasts" - low originality, dont be so lazy.
- not enough sales (years of content and you dont use it to make money? who is managing this?)

+ new recipes were good
+ some themes + content (i.e: chinese mid autumn festival) were awesome
+ love the titan xmas tree, people were asking for one last year, well done!

for 2016, if you want to keep current customers listen to feedback. im pretty sure you could get a higher turnover if you had more, especially seasonal sales, coupled with gem sales. those were lacking in most of the year leading to a very disappointing Halloween and BF; and potentially Xmas, THE seasons you could have easily made a profit of.

Kooky, im not sure how it works but do they ask or are interested in year end review feedback which you pass on?

Storm 8 is always interested in feedback from the players. I do know that they read the moderator's reports and they also do keep track of the feedback forums.

I am going to move this thread over to the feedback forum so It has a better chance of being seen!

deekathleen
12-20-15, 09:48 AM
Well then here is my feedback...it's already kind of late for a Christmas sale, no totally awesome winter sale will tell me storm 8 has no interest in these games or what the players of the games want. So I will no longer invest any money in storm 8 games because of that lack of care.

214sed
12-20-15, 11:49 AM
Well then here is my feedback...it's already kind of late for a Christmas sale, no totally awesome winter sale will tell me storm 8 has no interest in these games or what the players of the games want. So I will no longer invest any money in storm 8 games because of that lack of care.

I don't think its to late at all. Maybe there will be a sale on Christmas day or Eve.

pieandcream
12-20-15, 06:35 PM
I don't think its to late at all. Maybe there will be a sale on Christmas day or Eve.

that is too late. we'll be too busy for a game!

luincristiel
12-21-15, 02:30 AM
that is too late. we'll be too busy for a game!

Better late than never :)
And it could last for 2 weeks so we have plenty of time after Christmas and before New Year!

deekathleen
12-21-15, 05:51 AM
The time to have a Christmas sale with Christmas items would have been weeks ago. Why would I want to invest a lot of money on Christmas decor for a game that may or may not even be around next Christmas.

214sed
12-21-15, 02:03 PM
The time to have a Christmas sale with Christmas items would have been weeks ago. Why would I want to invest a lot of money on Christmas decor for a game that may or may not even be around next Christmas.

How do you know about no Christmas sale? Why would there be one weeks before Christmas?

pieandcream
12-23-15, 12:24 AM
to be honest....after looking over the last few months content i must ask: does storm 8 understand these holidays (halloween, xmas) culturally? it seems to me that there is a noticeable disconnect between what these holidays represent and what content has been offered in terms of choice and design. (besides the titan tannenbaum).

kaelynrosecake
12-24-15, 02:24 AM
As a new player I would love some of the old seasonal decor items that many old players have. Especially some of the valentines day decor. The snowy tables and fences from previous years were gorgeous and I would have loved to own some of them. Although I am new to the game I am an adult and have spent quite a bit of money on the game- it makes me happy and it is among the very few games that I play these days.

As other have said, I find BS2 and RS2 "not cute enough". BS and RS (although BS is much cuter than RS imho) have this dainty old school quality in the decor. When I was younger, many games looked like that so I find people from my generation would probably be interested in the 2d graphics because of the nostalgia aspect.

I am not really interested in halloween, thanksgiving (I am not american/canadian), or even fall (not a fan of orange, hehe). But I do hope we have more updates that are pastel colored, pink, lovey dovey and romantic! I have high hopes for this coming february goals and hope not to be disappointed! Would really like to see more dividers and more wall decor (not just wallpaper), maybe even more expansions (although I am not 99 yet in my bakery).

Anyway...the "nostalgia" aspect is probably why many people do not want to move on to BS2/RS2. BS2 must be really new...I find RS2 to be way more enjoyable and more polished although it does have its cons but still- I cannot get over the graphics.

Edit: Oh! On RS I have a Parisian Waitress in my restaurant. I'd LOVE to have the same waitress in my BS with an update that matches her "theme" (clothing, classic european style bakery). Maybe there was one in the past?