View Full Version : Limited animal: Secret Santler Dec 18 2015

ogreve
12-18-15, 01:34 PM

Secret Santler
Fire-Electric.
Rarity: Super rare.
Breeding and incubation: 18 hours.
Evolution time: 20 hours.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/Mobile%20Uploads/2c75bd02-42e8-48ca-9fad-2a58c70695e2_zpslhr97hot.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2c75bd02-42e8-48ca-9fad-2a58c70695e2_zpslhr97hot.jpg.html)

I directly tried for it, first attempt: 11 hours. Surely that's a Fireglider...

It is really nice.27040

31aug2002
12-18-15, 01:37 PM
I got a 14 hr timer with gold lion and Crystal Unicorn . Am wondering what it could be!!

forestwald
12-18-15, 01:38 PM
I got the fireglider as well... Hopefully we won't get too many of those.

ninasidstorm8
12-18-15, 01:40 PM
I got a 14 hr timer with gold lion and Crystal Unicorn . Am wondering what it could be!!

Probably a Fennec Shox.

Melis2a84
12-18-15, 01:40 PM
Hey guys it's a 18 hr breed

calvinxx
12-18-15, 01:41 PM
It's 18 hours
I don't know any other 18 hour electric/fire

ThynaSmith
12-18-15, 01:42 PM
I got a 21 hours timer on my first attempt, so, I guess I got a Gold Lion? For what I can see on that other site, that's the only possibility, so, I'm really thrilled *-*

It's a pity I have all the other fails (which aren't that many), and they're quite long fails...

jim23cash
12-18-15, 01:42 PM
I think I got it on first try! What a shock... I've been having bad luck with breeding lately. Maybe things are turning around! :D Annie

ThynaSmith
12-18-15, 01:43 PM
It's 18 hours

Congratulations, calvinxx!!

ogreve
12-18-15, 01:43 PM
It's 18 hours

Congrats!
That's exciting!
I like this animal best of the currently breedables... I may speed a bit for it. Very tempting and I've got a gem sale now...

ogreve
12-18-15, 01:45 PM
I got a 21 hours timer on my first attempt, so, I guess I got a Gold Lion? For what I can see on that other site, that's the only possibility, so, I'm really thrilled *-*

It's a pity I have all the other fails (which aren't that many), and they're quite long fails...

Congrats!
You just bred yerself a King of the Arena... Now let's see if its name is Ember or not..:)
Enjoy your Gold Lion, for me it's the #1 FFS animal...

LonePudding
12-18-15, 01:45 PM
11 hours here too :( I would love ThynaSmith's 21 hour surprise though - Ogreve is mostly to blame! I'd love an Ember! Congrats to you and everyone who got their 18 hour timer already!

ThynaSmith
12-18-15, 01:46 PM
I agree, ogreve. Of the new breedables, this is the coolest one! I'm going to keep trying for the Noelephant, too (and uncountable fairy ferrets in the meantime...)

31aug2002
12-18-15, 01:48 PM
Probably a Fennec Shox.

Thank you!!! Well in a way a good fail as I don't have this animal!!! But where oh where am I going to house it . All my habitats are bursting !!! Maybe I'll sell of one my Rubble Roosters to make place for this!!! :(:(

NannaSherry
12-18-15, 02:09 PM
I agree, ogreve. Of the new breedables, this is the coolest one! I'm going to keep trying for the Noelephant, too (and uncountable fairy ferrets in the meantime...)

I didn't think you could breed for a Noelephant???? Is it possible??? I just thought you could but it??? I'm there with you though if you could breed for it. That and the new Santler I think are the coolest.

Silverrain1
12-18-15, 02:27 PM
Hey guys it's a 18 hr breed

Thank you, I was wondering. Iv got 16 hours first attempt. See what that could be

sweetypies97
12-18-15, 02:28 PM
This is gorgeous. really hoping I can manage to get it.

iPad:
11 hours - fire glider
11 hours - fire glider
14 hours - fennec shox
11 hours - fire glider
11 hours - fire glider
11 hours

iPhone:
11 hours - fire glider
11 hours - fire glider
11 hours - fire glider
16 hours - daredevil
16 hours - daredevil
11 hours

ThynaSmith
12-18-15, 02:48 PM
Congrats!
You just bred yerself a King of the Arena... Now let's see if its name is Ember or not..:)
Enjoy your Gold Lion, for me it's the #1 FFS animal...

Hehe, thank you, ogreve! I thought of you right away, when I saw that 21 hours timer... I'm so looking forward to it being in the nest!! *-*
And you got everyone really excited about the Gold Lion, with good reason! It not only looks super cool, but does well in the Tournaments, too. I'm sure it's going to be one of my all time favorites!

ThynaSmith
12-18-15, 02:49 PM
Thank you, I was wondering. Iv got 16 hours first attempt. See what that could be

If you used only fire and electric, it's a Daredevil, Silverrain1. :)

Silverrain1
12-18-15, 03:08 PM
If you used only fire and electric, it's a Daredevil, Silverrain1. :)

Thank you, need to try again then! I already have one of them. I still need the fennic shox to so might get one of them at some point! I wasn't sure if to try for this animal or the last of the trio.... Decision was made for me when I realised I hadn't evolved my rudolphin yet lol

alelie89
12-18-15, 03:19 PM
This animal is so pretty! I really hope I get it. My first attempt so far is an 11hr.

RowanaFarrin
12-18-15, 03:37 PM
Oh man, it's so pretty but here for such a short time! I decided to switch from breeding the trio to this. First try was 11 hours of course, but I do really hope I get lucky!

Good luck all and congrats to the lucky ones so far! ^_^

Sandybellee
12-18-15, 03:51 PM
Very tempted to try for this one, but since it's available for only three days, I won't be able to have more than one attempt at it with the current long timer in the den...

cardinalpsy
12-18-15, 04:03 PM
Got this one with citrine peregrin and pyro pony. Breeding time 18 hrs. The egg design is lovely. Good luck to everyone trying for it.:)

saucysammis
12-18-15, 04:41 PM
I just made my first try using Hareon and Jingleshells. 11 hr timer.

jojopeanut
12-18-15, 06:08 PM
I'm just gonna buy it outright tired of trying for things..lol Goodluck to everyone.

Drachenia
12-18-15, 09:42 PM
Hello Elsa or Kooky Panda what I get with 14 hours please?
I'm breeding with Pyro Pony/Jingle Shells

flowless
12-18-15, 09:52 PM
Im having no luck at all lately
Not holding my breath
Hopfuly it will change with this one

TL ur designs lately has been so perfect for habuits and animals

skeexix
12-18-15, 09:52 PM
Got it on third try (after speeding through 2 Fire Gliders) with Crystal Unicorn and Gold Lion! Now back to trying for Noelephant, I'm at my wits' end with that one.

Jrmaber
12-19-15, 01:41 AM
It is really nice.27040

ogreve
12-19-15, 02:19 AM
My second attempt is also a Fireglider. I don't really want to speed just yet but this is a nice animal.. I hope I get it!
Meanwhile: the description hints on the animal "giving something special". I guess it doesn't really give anything (like gems, runes, silly sweaters or so) but can someone who has got it already perhaps tell us if the animal gives something other than coins?

mrhammy48
12-19-15, 05:53 AM
Wow - I got it first try. This has never happened before. I got it with crystal unicorn and Hareon. Yesterday I bred the storking. Hope I have some luck with the rest of trio!

ninasidstorm8
12-19-15, 01:29 PM
My unusual run of commons continues. After 22 unsuccessful attempts at the Rudolphin (20 of them commons), I decided to go for the Secret Santler for a few days. So far, 3 Fire Gliders. That makes 23 commons out of the last 25 breeding attempts. I hope its a bad run of luck and they haven't changed the breeding odds recently. To top it off, I only received 1 explosive when I moved the second Fire Glider to the nest.

Sandybellee
12-19-15, 01:36 PM
My unusual run of commons continues. After 22 unsuccessful attempts at the Rudolphin (20 of them commons), I decided to go for the Secret Santler for a few days. So far, 3 Fire Gliders. That makes 23 commons out of the last 25 breeding attempts. I hope its a bad run of luck and they haven't changed the breeding odds recently. To top it off, I only received 1 explosive when I moved the second Fire Glider to the nest.

That's a whole lot of commons. I hope you are using a breeding combo that has the possibility to produce ultra rares - something really good should come after a streak like that. Hoping your luck changes very soon! :)

ninasidstorm8
12-19-15, 02:04 PM
That's a whole lot of commons. I hope you are using a breeding combo that has the possibility to produce ultra rares - something really good should come after a streak like that. Hoping your luck changes very soon! :)

Oh yes, my Crystal Unicorn spend most of her time in the Breeding Den unless a tournament id going on. But since my first 218 attempts at a Gem Hybrid have not been successful, I don't expect too much. I haven't had a lucky streak breeding since the end of June beginning of July when I managed to breed 8 new animals in 2 1/2 weeks. Since then, I am luck to get more than two new ones in a month. This rash of commons is something new though, 17 straight Turtisles was unbelievable.

jojopeanut
12-19-15, 03:46 PM

I was hoping your luck would change I seen your post about the last trios. You only started getting lucky once all we're released. My luck finally changed after the update. I was able to breed #2 storking my fails not as bad as others 7 Armadillo and 2 Volcamal later. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

Drachenia
12-19-15, 05:16 PM
1. Fennec Shox
2. Fire Glider
3. Fire Glider

NannaSherry
12-19-15, 06:11 PM

I don't know Nina, I stay on top of these breeding attempts from the get go and I've done pretty well. But like you my luck has had the worst odds. Never failed at trios but couldn't get a saintly bernard after breeding station dalmation & capt. K9 for 2 weeks straight. Same thing with skull trio. I got 42 out of 45 commons trying for a deadwing. 42 armadillos, 1 sugarskull and 2 Vinotaurs. 15 days breeding straight. No deadwing. How can they be the law of averages? I can't get anything of late. Gave up on Rudolphin and trying fir santlers, but nothing yet. Sigh.

Sandybellee
12-20-15, 10:24 AM
What to do, what to do? I'm getting antsy about the Cyclops egg blocking the nest (25 h left). I'm trying to be good and wait but it's getting hard as there's so little time to try for the Santler... My first combined attempt at this and Storking was 12 hours (Armordillo). Very tempted to speed that egg off the nest... I don't have even one of the trio animals yet, either... Trying to sit on my hands and not tap the speeding button. :p

Silverrain1
12-20-15, 11:19 AM
What to do, what to do? I'm getting antsy about the Cyclops egg blocking the nest (25 h left). I'm trying to be good and wait but it's getting hard as there's so little time to try for the Santler... My first combined attempt at this and Storking was 12 hours (Armordillo). Very tempted to speed that egg off the nest... I don't have even one of the trio animals yet, either... Trying to sit on my hands and not tap the speeding button. :p

I really want this one! And only daredevils and fire gliders so far, both of which I already have. Done some speeding but still no luck

Sandybellee
12-20-15, 11:34 AM
I really want this one! And only daredevils and fire gliders so far, both of which I already have. Done some speeding but still no luck

Yes, it won't be easy to get since it's a super rare. I hope you manage to breed it!

Drachenia
12-20-15, 12:34 PM
1. Fennec Shox
2. Fire Glider
3. Fire Glider
4. Fire Glider
5. Fire Glider
6. Fire Glider
7. Fire Glider
I'm breeding with Jingle Shells/Citrine Peregrin
1. Dardevil
2. Dardevil
3. Fire Glider
4. Fire Glider
5. I row me to the error with a:
Citrine Peregrin or Ruby Razorback

ogreve
12-20-15, 01:02 PM
Well, 4-5 Fire Gliders in a row and now I've got something else and it IS a super rare, but look at which one it is...:

I had kinda hoped this fail wouldn't occur, 21 hours and I just can't say no to a Gold Lion. This is number 5 and again I don't want to turn it away. It would be too bad karma to deny this one entry into my forest, so now that leaves me with a bit of a problem as something has to go. I have two Fennec Shoxes. I think I'll sacrifice one of those....:P

natxjkkggg
12-20-15, 01:05 PM
What Partners do You use Olaf?

jojopeanut
12-20-15, 01:36 PM
My second attempt is also a Fireglider. I don't really want to speed just yet but this is a nice animal.. I hope I get it!
Meanwhile: the description hints on the animal "giving something special". I guess it doesn't really give anything (like gems, runes, silly sweaters or so) but can someone who has got it already perhaps tell us if the animal gives something other than coins?

Only coins but when you feed him gifts pop out the top of his head..really cute.

ogreve
12-20-15, 01:36 PM
What Partners do You use Olaf?

A pretty exotic formula: my level 10 Ruby Razorback, and Ember, my epic Gold Lion....
The baby will be likely to have some REAL champion's blood running through its veins. :D

ogreve
12-20-15, 02:09 PM
Only coins but when you feed him gifts pop out the top of his head..really cute.

Thanks!
OK, I figured it wouldn't give any special, but the description had me a bit intrigued nonetheless....

I'm still curious if TL is going to give us new Treasure animals or perhaps a new gem animal anytime soon. Also, I wonder if perhaps there are going to be some interesting sales for Christmas. I don't know if they did so last year. It will be difficult to choose: I'd love to buy the new habitat, but I'd perhaps also like to take a few extra spins on the wheel in case my free spins don't give me a Santa Claws, then, if on top of that there's also some sale, it will be difficult to know what to choose.

Meanwhile: with a fifth Gold Lion incoming, I've just taken a harsh decision, being that I'm going to deploy and house my animals in such a way that some of my long term duplicates will finally be sent away. As the Gold Lion leaves a 10 hour gap with the Fire Glider, I went into my storage and had a good look which of the many animals that are on the shelves there I want to get deployed soon. I singled that down to 2 animals, being the Rock Candy Rhino and the Rocking Horse. I'll deploy the former first, when the timer of the Gold Lion is at 17 hours. I shall then speed-clear the Fire Glider out of the way and start hatching that egg so it finishes tomorrow when the Gold Lion finishes breeding.
Then, the first animal will be sent away, and it shall be my second Frightingale (which I only got very recently), so I can free a spot in a Big Dark Cove and move the Dusky there such that I get 1 vacancy in the Candy Canyon for the Rock Candy Rhino.
Then, more restrictive or not, a Gold Lion is a Gold Lion. I'm not prepared yet at this time to not let that 5th one stay in my forest. So, when that one finishes hatching, I shall probably sell my second Fennec Shox and put the Gold Lion in its place.

There are some animals of which I'd rather not let any duplicates go, but at least I don't really need the income they generate anymore, so that's one fewer criterium to use when deciding which duplicate stays and which one goes....

federerGOAT
12-20-15, 02:56 PM
I've got him!!
I've given up on the Rudophin et al (for the time being) and after three gliders fail, I've got an 18 hr.
Breeding combo - unicorn and north polar bear. (Does a happy dance):p

Silverrain1
12-20-15, 04:36 PM
Yes, it won't be easy to get since it's a super rare. I hope you manage to breed it!

Thank u. U to. It's been crazy outcomes! I got fairy ferrets, armordillos, rainguans, plantlers, and many more. Good news is that by speeding so much I got enough bombs and was able to expand again, so that's currently happening! Probs upgrade a farm, 12 hours to clear expansion but it's on the upper blue so I'll have delightful fail shails again.
Sorry just realised I had changed my formula and am now after the third trio animal, so the above outcome has been for the trio. I really want both!

kooky panda
12-20-15, 07:09 PM
Oh my gosh! Finally!
Now back to the Storking!
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/Mobile%20Uploads/2c75bd02-42e8-48ca-9fad-2a58c70695e2_zpslhr97hot.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2c75bd02-42e8-48ca-9fad-2a58c70695e2_zpslhr97hot.jpg.html)

sweetdeda
12-20-15, 07:21 PM
Congrats Kooky, such a beautiful egg! Going to get another try for one here in about 40 minutes, fingers crossed I get so lucky!

ninasidstorm8
12-20-15, 09:06 PM
Oh my gosh! Finally!

Congratulations. Nothing but Fire Gliders for me.

Sandybellee
12-21-15, 01:20 AM
Thank u. U to. It's been crazy outcomes! I got fairy ferrets, armordillos, rainguans, plantlers, and many more. Good news is that by speeding so much I got enough bombs and was able to expand again, so that's currently happening! Probs upgrade a farm, 12 hours to clear expansion but it's on the upper blue so I'll have delightful fail shails again.
Sorry just realised I had changed my formula and am now after the third trio animal, so the above outcome has been for the trio. I really want both!

That's the one positive side of speeding - quick expansions! :)
Anyway, I was able to hold off the urge to speed until this morning (but only by speeding in another game, lol) and finally sped away the last 11 hours of the Obsidian egg. The 12 hours in the den turned out to be a Shock Fox instead of an Armordillo and I put in another combined attempt at Santler and Storking - which resulted, ironically enough, in an 11 hour timer. :p

Sandybellee
12-21-15, 01:21 AM
Oh my gosh! Finally!

Congrats Kooky! That's a nice FFS Christmas present for you! :)

MaribouMay
12-21-15, 02:10 AM
I got it!!! My luck has been so good lately!

I hope my luck holds a bit longer. I'm trying for Teddy Bear next. fingers crossed

sweetdeda
12-21-15, 04:50 AM
Woohoo! I got it too! 27102
Congrats everyone that has breed secret santler and good luck to those still trying. Now on to trying for Teddy Bear with hopes of maybe getting a noelphant fail.

LonePudding
12-21-15, 07:46 AM
Super Rare & Limited. Not sure why I even bothered trying for this. :(

ninasidstorm8
12-21-15, 08:12 AM
I got it!!! My luck has been so good lately!

I hope my luck holds a bit longer. I'm trying for Teddy Bear next. fingers crossed

Congratulations!!!

ninasidstorm8
12-21-15, 08:29 AM
After 6 straight commons trying for the Secret Santler I bred something different, unfortunately, it is a 16 hour Daredevil, worst possible outcome. so unless I speed it a bit, I will only get one more try for the Secret Santler. Glad to see a few people have managed to get it even with such a short breeding time.

Good Luck to everyone still trying.

monbohn
12-21-15, 10:16 AM
I bought gems for the first time. I get one more shot at breeding and if it isn't a secret santler I will buy one....it will be my first purchase with gems I bought rather than accumulated. Then it's back to trying for a storking. I got the Rudolphin right away so I'm sure it will take several more failed attempts at the storking....though it would be nice if my luck holds out and it goes quickly. Since I am still a fairly new player I am getting animals out of this that I didn't have yet so I'm happy about that. :-)

MaribouMay
12-21-15, 10:44 AM
After 6 straight commons trying for the Secret Santler I bred something different, unfortunately, it is a 16 hour Daredevil, worst possible outcome. so unless I speed it a bit, I will only get one more try for the Secret Santler. Glad to see a few people have managed to get it even with such a short breeding time.

Good Luck to everyone still trying.

Oh no! Maybe I can send some of my luck your way.

catfoodie
12-21-15, 10:55 AM
I feel like when I try to breed something on purpose it's NEVER happens... Was trying to get Secret Santler by breeding lightning leopard and pyro pony, got 4 or so fire gliders with another one in the nest atm -.- Don't think I will have time for another attempt :<

Silverrain1
12-21-15, 11:28 AM
That's the one positive side of speeding - quick expansions! :)
Anyway, I was able to hold off the urge to speed until this morning (but only by speeding in another game, lol) and finally sped away the last 11 hours of the Obsidian egg. The 12 hours in the den turned out to be a Shock Fox instead of an Armordillo and I put in another combined attempt at Santler and Storking - which resulted, ironically enough, in an 11 hour timer. :p

Not had many shots at this one tbh, been trying for third trio animal, with no luck yet! I'm sure this ends soon so might put in a few more attempts at this one

Doompicnic
12-21-15, 11:41 AM
No luck with this one. I'm happy I got Santa Claws on the spin to win.
Here's hoping Secret Santler is on a future spin to win.

Drachenia
12-21-15, 12:05 PM
Oh my gosh! Finally!
Congratulations Kooky. I get Citrine Peregrin or Ruby Razorback ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

Silverrain1
12-21-15, 12:30 PM
Oh wow, I have sped and sped and sped then gave up and tried for the trio animal but didn't want to miss out. So sped and sped again, was so excited cause I saw a 16 hour timer and was sure that was right, so came here to celebrate and realised its actually 18 hours, so sped twice more and got 18 hours! So excited. So glad I can't see how many gems I spent tho! Definitely would have been cheaper to buy but iv never bought an animal and this way I got bombs to mine plus 2 fennec shox! Didn't have that one!

BBragg15
12-21-15, 06:54 PM
I have one more shot to get the deer in the morning.

Sandybellee
12-22-15, 01:25 AM
Oh no! Finally got a super rare and it just had to be another Aperil Fool! I would have been super happy with any of the other ones (Secret Santler, Gold Lion, Stuffin Puffin). So, I won't be getting the Santler. Congrats to everyone who got it!

ogreve
12-22-15, 02:14 AM
Grrr, this morning saw a Fennec Shox go to the nest, and a Daredevil in the den. So, I now have had every possible outcome of the fire-electric combination (with the Fireglider some 5 times or so) except for the Deer. The past few days I've gotten a gem sale several times. I decided to buy 250 of them as I still had 2 Euros of iTunes credit from the BF sales.
Later today, when the Fennec finishes hatching, I can again do a little bit of speeding and put in one more attempt. If that doesn't cut it, I'll either have wasted 3 days (and around 25-30 gems or so) on trying to breed this animal, or otherwise I'll have to do some more speeding, but the odds are terrible and the fails are long. Not so attractive. As beautiful as this animal is, I fear it will not be bred by me...
Well, tonight we'll see what happens. It would be REALLY great if I would simply get it on the next attempt, but I'm not holding my breath on it...

RowanaFarrin
12-22-15, 10:06 AM
Went ahead and sped for one more try and...another glider. Oh well, I didn't really expect to get this one, though I would have loved one as it is very pretty. Trying to breed a super rare in such a short period of time seems a bit on the unfair side, even if you are a person willing or able to use lots of gems for extra tries. I hope this doesn't become a norm as a week is already a pretty short time for limited animals as it is.

Good luck to anyone squeezing in last minute tries!

kimbekaw
12-22-15, 10:13 AM
No luck on this one for me. I'm really disappointed that we only had 4 days to try for this animal! I like it more than the new Daredevil I got. :/

Drachenia
12-22-15, 07:06 PM
Congratulations Kooky. I get Citrine Peregrin or Ruby Razorback ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️
I have get my 3 Citrine Pergrin and not Secret Sandler for me :(